Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, because Surraco is likely our final member for the year, I'd like to confirm all active members for the AGM Secret Santa event.

Because of some issues that popped up last year, I unfortunately have to put some rules in place this year.

1. In order to be considered an "active member" for the Secret Santa event, you must put up a likes/dislikes panel (demonstrated below) between this moment and 12 AM PST (that's midnight on the rollover) December 1st 2018. If you do not have a panel ready by that time, your name is not going to be sent to Yui to be shuffled.

2. These will be labeled as "AGMGift" threads, and linked to in this thread before the start of 2019 (you have until 11:59 PM PST December 31st to put up the thread).

3. Four cards minimum are required from you as a gift to your recipient, which can be in the form of either an archetype, support for an archetype they profess to like, or generic cards that work with their preferred strategies. You can include gifts for others in the same thread, as I do every year, but the primary focus must be your assigned recipient.

That's all! It hopefully isn't asking too much!

Here's my likes/dislikes panel, as an example to look to.

●The FIRE and DARK Attributes.

●Dragon, Spellcaster, Rock, and Reptile-Type monsters.

●Level/Rank 3, 6, 9, and 12.

●Cards that can lean on generic support cards to expand their usefulness. For example, things like the Rekindling 200 DEF gimmick, the Sorcery Hydra 1000/0 thing, or, if you want something really esoteric, W Nebula Meteorite calling for Level 7 LIGHT Reptiles. I can name a bunch of different ones, but important stuff in the AGM does include 1700 ATK/DEF, especially for EARTH or Warrior-Type monsters; Damp Den of the Fungal Serpents making any monster that is at least 2/3 of EARTH, Reptile-Type, and/or 2900 ATK/DEF sum searchable and revivable; Level 4 DARK Machines being really accessible; and any non-Dragon that is treated as a Dragon by its own effect (This card is also always treated as Dragon-Type) being stupid searchable.

●I like all the different Summoning methods that existed by Arc-V! It's creative usage that's the hard part.

●I personally love Counters. Spell Counters, Venom Counters, and I've designed a baker's dozen of Counter mechanics from the ground up.

●I love aggressive rushdown styles, focused around throwing around huge damage numbers and multiple bosses, but ignoring things like ridiculous combos and things like negation. That said, when I do make a strategy designed for going first, I usually prefer bosses that self-revive or have some form of control effect over just slapping a million and one protection effects on a card for no reason.

●My favorite archetypes in the AGM, aside from the ones I made personally (most of which I like even with their faults- although good support for Dragonna-bugeisha or Rocknights in the vein of modern legacy support for old archetypes would not go unloved), are Nyx's "Shivergami" and "Prysm" archetypes (which I personally made a bunch of support for), Dova's "T-Rocks" archetype, and Champion's "Falchioner" archetype, aside from things like Lunalights or Aroma IRL.

●I actually like LP restoration.

Dislikes:

●Lockdown play. If you're just trying to pull off a combo that makes it impossible for your opponent to play the game, go play by yourself, because it's obvious that you don't want to play a 2-player game. Same with FTKs, but to a lesser extent: It's why Tribute-to-burn cards (bar Toon Cannon Soldier and Lilliene of the Sclera Guild, both of which are Limited) and Exodia are nonexistent in the AGM.

●Build-a-board Decks. It's why I hated D/D/D, it's a huge part of my problem with Master Rule 4, and it's why I have to be so careful when designing archetypes I like.

●Gimmick inconsistencies. If you give an archetype or series a central theme, monsters off that theme make me sad. Examples include, but are not limited to: Rokket Synchron not having the Rokket effect, the mixed application of Toon effects, Cloudians Poison Fog and Eye of the Typhoon for having nothing to do with Fog Counters or field presence, Ice Counters having no defined focus, not all Ancient Gears having the Ancient Gear clause, and Mecha Dogoran not having the Kaiju clause at all.

Well, it's best I make mine.

● Special Summoning and Tribute Summoning (well, ONLY if you have the resources to pull off Tribute Summons like Monarch or my Heir of Fire set for example).

● Synchro Summoning. It is my favorite Extra Deck Summon. It's like Fusion Summoning, but substituting the middle man with addition.

● Fiend is my favorite Type. Probably because I love occult themes. LIGHT is also my favotite Attribute, but I wouldn't mind what Attribute the archetype is if the set has generated cards with cool art. Speaking of...

● Card art. Outside of our recent group projects and Make a card Game, I ALWAYS try to make cards with art. If you can, I would be so happy to receive generated cards with art.

Dislikes:

● Archetypes that revolve around one monster. You know the ones. Things like Grapha, Dark Magician, and Judgement Dragon. Don't get me wrong. I do like some of these bosses like Dark Magician. It's just off-putting when an archetype or Deck revolves too much on it.

● "sent to the Graveyard" effects. Basically Burning Abyss. As cool as their art looks, I hate this gimmick.

● Extra Deck monsters that are not worth making. For me, an Extra Deck monster should have some sort of payoff. Whether it be a beatstick or have a cool effect. But if your Main Deck monster board is arguably better, why bother making it? One example of a wasteful one is Bloom Prima the Melodious Choir.

● Fusion Monsters or Fusion Summoning archetypes with no good Fusion Spell Card. Contact Fusions are cool, but if it's not a Contact Fusion, it better have a good Fusion Spell Card. Most of the ones that rely on Polymerization have poor support.

Reminder to the following members, who may or may not be active in time: I'm sending the Secret Santa list to Yui on December 1st for shuffling. Your likes and dislikes must be turned in before that time, in case someone who doesn't know you all that well gets you as a recipient.

@@Dova

@@R.Surraco

@

@@Flash Flyer - Sakura

@@Ἄργος Πανόπτης

That's everyone I know has a possibility of being active. I'm not sure on Uggla, Sleepy, or Sebi.

Better do this before I forget about it.

-High level monster decks (that can put them out really fast) or anti-meta troll strategies (like Inferno Tempest+Trap-to-Monster cards). Because funk the metagame!

-Machine, Fiend and Dragon monsters. Trains, Archfiends and Dragunity, my favourite casual decks.

-Light, Fire and Dark archetypes.

-Ritual and Synchro monsters. The first two types of monsters I ever played and I really like their mechanics.

-Card Art. If I find it, I'll definetly put it into the generator and make a nice and complete card and, sometimes, it's there where I find ispiration for an archetype.

Dislikes:

- U-Links and Link Monsters in general. I never liked them and never will. MR4 sucks.

-Lockdown strategies and Burn to Death decks. It's "really fun" not doing anything for ten to twenty minutes because the opponent went first and set up a board that can stop anything.

-FROGS. Do I even need to say why?

-Any Cyberse Deck ever. See my lockdown part.

Not gonna be in the traditional like/dislike format, but instead topic-by-topic.

- Can't go wrong with Ritual Summoning. Fusion decks are pretty cool too, but I also really like Xyz Decks involving Rank-Up-Magics or some sort of in-built Ranking-Up/Ranking-Down mechanic. I'm not a huge fan of Links outside of specifically MR4, or Synchros in any context. Pendulums are fine if they work.

- Favourite Types include Psychic, Reptile, Winged Beast, Aqua even Fish/Sea Serpent and Thunder. Basically anything connected with...

- ...WIND and WATER, my two favorite Attributes. Still, it's not so much the Types I have an issue with, rather their combinations. Like EARTH Warrior; unless there's an archetypal reason that makes it stand out, how generic is that?

- I like unusual Levels, particularly in the upper ranger, but anything other than 4/6/8...which is ironic as its the easiest to do Rituals for. Not extremely fussy here either, though.

-Traps are really cool. I'm not a huge fan of Continuous Spells, but I don't really dislike them either. Normal and Quick-Play for the win though.

- Mechanics wise, I like avoiding banishing as much as possible. I enjoy recycling, fiddling with the Deck and Extra Deck, and I'm not adverse to creative cards which deal with those areas. Variety is great to see in cards, as they don't all have to follow a gimmick to the letter. Hand advantage/disadvantage is something I really like toying with as well. Milling is pretty cool, although I prefer it as a continuous thing you build up to, rather than a OTK or FTK. Which leads to...

-FTKs are bad. Particularly massive plays on one turn; there's always solitaire for that :P I really like dynamic cards, ones that don't necessarily need your opponent to do certain things, but can react to them. Each card is a toolbox, but each card has multiple uses, even if that use is just as a Tuner or an additional named guy for the Mekk-Knight field wincon.

- Lockdown, for similar reason above. It's not fun people, come on. I don't mind certain parts of lockdown, but where 90% of your opponent's moves are shut down unless its only possible past turn 2, no fun at all.

- Favorite real decks are Artifacts, Mekk-Knight (specifically the pure Win-condition variant), Raidraptors and Normal Pendulums. My own favorites are listed in my signature, and ones other have made include Draconus' Raptor Aces, Uggla's Ravenirituals, Sakura's Sunbeasts, Nyx's Moth Princesses and Tinkerer's Ancient Ones.

Hey! I'm active. Or at least I try to be / like to think I am. Anyway I'll try to keep mine broad to help give creative process to the other person.

1. Unique Mechanic (Literally anything somewhat original)
  2. Card Art (Although I understand time is a serious factor and I'll likely do mine written as well)
  • Attributes: DARK, WIND, WATER
  • Types: Wyrm, Dragon, Fiend, Dinosaur, Sea Serpent, Winged-Beast, Reptile, Fish, Thunder, Aqua, Insect, Plant
  • Levels: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 9
  • Summoning Mechanics: Fusions, XYZs
  • Other:
    • Opponent Interaction
    • Negates
    • Spell Speed 2 (Quick-play spells, traps, quick effects)
    • Searching
    • Hand Traps
    • LP Gain
    • Balance/Costs
    • Creative naming schemes 
    • Lore/Background/Theme

Dislikes:

1. Improper PSCT and OCG (Incorrect phrasing, punctuation, and capitalization are a pet peeve)
  • Attributes: LIGHT, FIRE, EARTH, DIVINE
  • Types: Cyberse, Spellcaster, Beast, Beast-Warrior, Warrior, Fairy, Machine, Psychic, Rock, Pyro, Zombie, Divine-Beast
  • Levels: 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12
  • Summoning Mechanics: Synchro, Pendulums, Rituals
  • Other:
    • FTKs
    • Burn
    • ATK/DEF modification
    • Beat sticks
    • Permanent effects
    • Generic cards
    • Counters
    • Tokens
    • Large Sets
    • Linear play-style

Honestly if you have a neat idea, you can throw any of the bullet points out the window. I certainly do all the time.

Okay! People who have yet to put down their likes/dislikes, remember that you have LESS THAN TWO WEEKS TO DO SO, and that this means that you are both up for giving and receiving a gift (so, if you're not confident in tailoring a set to somebody, you can just opt out).

Said people are:

@@R.Surraco

@

@@Flash Flyer - Sakura

@@Sleepy

Sebi Evalon, but in weird characters not on my keyboard so I can't tag her.

Remember to try not to be too specific with what you want; lay out multiple options for what someone could build, so that they're not stuck doing something especially restrictive. The example archetypes exist to point people in the general direction of playstyles, mechanics, or ideas you enjoy, if not just specific types of effect (for example, if someone lists Empty Jar, Subterrors, and Prediction Princesses as their favorite Decks, make them Flip monsters that focus on a turbo goal). That said, try to be specific enough that you don't wind up with something you dislike for Christmas.

Anyway, I do intend on working towards a bump for my legacy support thread, but a lot of the more recently finished archetypes feel too complete to add to without goofing something up or going off-theme.

• Pendulum Monsters. I just love them.
  • Archetypes based on thematic first, mechanics second.
  • New interesting kinds of cards.
  • DRAGONS!!
  • FAIRIES!!

Dislikes:

• Meta decks on casual games. Please. NO.
  • Boring game-winners. I like to have fun when dueling.
  • Unbeatable combos. Seriously, hate that crap.

I guess that's all.

Mm... Likes + Dislikes, huh?  If I'm honest, my preferences might be completely different in a month but w/e.

[spoiler=Preferences]

Summoning mechanics:

- I'm really feeling Xyz lately.  I also like Links, Fusions, and Rituals pretty evenly.  Synchros are pretty "meh" for me.  I've never really liked the Pendulum mechanic (never felt it was fully utilized and most of the irl archetypes felt too boring or suppressing for me to enjoy).

Monsters:

- I really like the "elemental" types (Rock, Pyro, Aqua, Thunder) with Rock being my favorite.  I also tend to have a soft spot for the underused types (Reptile, Insect, Wyrm, Beast, etc.).

- My favorite Attributes are WATER, followed by WIND.

- ...however, I REALLY like unusual type-Attribute combinations.  If you can, prioritize unique type-Attribute combos over my preferred types/Attributes (i.e. If you come up with a good design for FIRE Spellcasters or EARTH Winged Beasts or something).  Basically, any type-Attribute combination that has less than 30 representatives irl would fit.

- I don't have much preference for Levels, but I'd appreciate seeing some representation of the lesser-used ones (1, 2, 5, 7, 9, 10-12).

- Stat-wise, I always find it a bit amusing to see monsters with stats less than what their level might indicate (especially when used in an aggro strategy).  But really, this doesn't matter as much.

- Sub-types are awesome.  If you could build on a sub-type in a different way than it is normally, that'd be great (i.e. A deck that is all tuners that exclusively use the tuner status to move their plays forward rather than Synching).

Spells/Traps

- I generally prefer Continuous Spells over all Spell/Trap types, but recently I've been a bit hooked to Trap Monsters (the original kind) and equippable Traps.

- If you can, try not to make a Field Spell.

Flavor, Deck Types + Mechanics

- Flavor + lore is pretty interesting, but I prefer function over flavor.

- I prefer combo-based strategies, but I don't really care what type of strategy is used just as long as...

- ...It uses a unique mechanic.  This is the most important thing to tie everything back to.  If you use the most boring type-Attribute combo and the deck itself can't really function super well, I'll be perfectly content as long as it is using a weird/underused mechanic.

[spoiler=Alternatively...]You can ignore everything else in favor of this: Deck that heavily uses Counter Traps in a purely aggro strategy.

...ultimately, while I listed lots of specifics, I'm not one to demand.  I'll be happy with generally anything as long as it isn't too boring or straightforward.

I'll probably be organizing the PSCT into uniform Generics thread 9.5 standard once Sakura says he's satisfied. There will eventually be a post in CC. I know that I have one final card to post, either helping Tythe fill out the Fusion lineup or giving the Main Deck another playmaker so you aren't stuck on either the Normal Summon or an archetypal CyDra to get going.

Beyond that, Sakura will likely be the one deciding things. It was his prompt idea after all.

Also, on the side, Uggla, I have a pet project for you. I don't really play Links, but with help from a few others, I created a Link/Synchro hybrid archetype called "Resultfire" in the Construct-an-Archetype Game (they're on Page 2). Do me a favor and look at them, and give me a similar archetype plays flowchart for an optimal scenario to the one you did for Acceleranimals.

I'll probably be organizing the PSCT into uniform Generics thread 9.5 standard once Sakura says he's satisfied. There will eventually be a post in CC. I know that I have one final card to post, either helping Tythe fill out the Fusion lineup or giving the Main Deck another playmaker so you aren't stuck on either the Normal Summon or an archetypal CyDra to get going.

I wasn't sure if I had the OK for finishing out the fusions.  I should get the last two in before the weekend is out.

Honestly, the fact that they don't have many openers is the whole reason why they aren't broken to all hell and back.  They're so consistent, can loop so easily, and have such a high amount of versatility and power plays that if they weren't held back in some way I'd request some hits to the deck immediately.

...also, I think I might actually take up this month's deckbuilding challenge.

Well, the issue is that you used all your slots already. So, if we want to finish the Fusion lineup, someone needs to cover the missing two for you.

As for playmakers, I'm mostly trying to keep the archetype from being linear and boring. I'm not intending on giving them a Turquoise Warbler or anything (if you control one, Summon self and someone else from hand), but most real plays starting off the same one or two cards is the same reason I don't like playing Synchrons.

Also, final week for Sakura, Sleepy, and/or Sebi to confirm their participation in the AGM Secret Santa event! Don't put up your list, you aren't giving or receiving a (multi-card) gift this year!

Reminder: Gifts distributed this way must comprise of 4 cards at minimum, be made in a thread that you link here (so I can easily access it to put up on the fridge, er, in the OP), and conform to a person's stated likes and dislikes. This can be in the form of a new archetype or series, support for an archetype or series they admitted to liking (use Konami archetypes for this only as a last resort), or generics themed towards supporting a given playstyle.

Sounds good. Just was checking in on where things stood. I agree that the deck is sort of like complete the NS uninterrupted and you're broke, otherwise, good luck. Also I think it definitely needs some PSCT/OCG clean up and standardization before being posted. What makes it OCG 9.5 instead or 9 or 10?

@ Can have my extras slot. I believe I have 2 and I don't intend to add any additional cards to the archetype, so he can use those to fill out the Fusions.

As for the pet project, sure I'll take a look. Give me a link and don't expect it super soon as it is a pretty busy time of the year for me.

9.5 is the special PSCT blend of 9 and 10, with a few additions from members, crafted specifically for the AGM's purposes. In most scenarios, we use Series 9 card grammar. However . . .

●We use the "Transfer . . ." text for Rank-Up created in Series 10.

●We have a Banished Zone, to have a more reliable way to refer to banished cards that isn't obtrusive like "card that is banished".

●In situations where it isn't otherwise obvious, like in effects that don't trigger in response to another effect or have an activation window that includes your opponent's turn, we do use (Quick Effect). It's just very rare because obvious scenarios cover most times that text would pop up.

●HOPT clauses, if they only apply to a single effect, can be in a parenthetical next to that effect. I'm also kinda lazy and use the easily copy-pasted "this effect of this card's name" text, both on my own cards and when I'm fixing someone else's erroneous text, but I should probably actually put in the actual names of those cards.

9.5 is the special PSCT blend of 9 and 10, with a few additions from members, crafted specifically for the AGM's purposes. In most scenarios, we use Series 9 card grammar. However . . .

●We use the "Transfer . . ." text for Rank-Up created in Series 10.

●We have a Banished Zone, to have a more reliable way to refer to banished cards that isn't obtrusive like "card that is banished".

●In situations where it isn't otherwise obvious, like in effects that don't trigger in response to another effect or have an activation window that includes your opponent's turn, we do use (Quick Effect). It's just very rare because obvious scenarios cover most times that text would pop up.

●HOPT clauses, if they only apply to a single effect, can be in a parenthetical next to that effect. I'm also kinda lazy and use the easily copy-pasted "this effect of this card's name" text, both on my own cards and when I'm fixing someone else's erroneous text, but I should probably actually put in the actual names of those cards.

Oh... I think I must do some edit on the wording of the cards I posted, then...

Just because I was curious, I decided to run the numbers on some stuff in the generics thread.

For monsters we've got:

• 126 Level 1 monsters, 11 Rank 1 monsters (Level includes Ritual, Fusion, and Synchro)
  • 100 Level 2s, 17 Rank 2s
  • 155 Level 3s, 17 Rank 3s
  • 261 Level 4s, 62 Rank 4s
  • 106 Level 5s, 34 Rank 5s
  • 110 Level 6s, 26 Rank 6s
  • 106 Level 7s, 22 Rank 7s
  • 122 Level 8s, 16 Rank 8s
  • 38 Level 9s, 12 Rank 9s
  • 85 Level 10s, 9 Rank 10s
  • 18 Level 11s, 9 Rank 11s
  • 23 Level 12s, 2 Rank 12s

For Spells:

• ~40 Field Spells
  • ~115 Equip Spells
  • ~85 Continuous Spells
  • ~147 Normal Spells
  • ~94 Quick-Play Spells
  • 25 Ritual Spells

For Traps:

• ~145 Normal Traps
  • ~76 Continuous Traps
  • 25 Counter Traps

I used the find hotkey to see the number of entries total but some parts (the spells/traps) are approximations because they might've been mentioned in cards that don't fit in the categories (i.e. an equip spell that has "equip spell" in its text).

Again, this is only in the generics thread, but I think the things that surprised me most are the sheer number of Equips we have, the fact that Rank 5 has our second highest Xyz pool, and the fact that we have the EXACT same number of Ritual Spells and Counter Traps.  The fact we also have the same number of Rank 10s and 11s amuses me (considering how many more Level 10s we have and the fact that we imported most of the Train stuff).

Well, for backrow, they're organized by card type for a reason. I can get more exact:

38 Field Spells

99 Equip Spells

78 Continuous Spells

145 Normal Spells

93 Quick-Play Spells

25 Ritual Spells

136 Normal Traps

71 Continuous Traps

25 Counter Traps

Rank 5's pool being so abnormally large comes partially from Rank-Up material from Rank 4 Numerix, partially from my trying to make things you can drop off a Morale Dragon resolution, and partially from the Cyclon Dragons. Remove those, and it'd be more in line with other Xyz lineups.

I'm also curious as to how we have that many Equips. 99 might not be 115, but it's still pretty immense compared to some entire monster pools.

Ah, so this was originally going to be an entry for this month's burn challenge, but since I'd seen how many Rank 5s we had, I thought this would be as good an opportunity as any to try to build some kind of weird Rank 5 burn deck.  As a whole, the Extra Deck has the burn theme going pretty well, but I couldn't really fit that into the main deck monster lineup so after 30+ cards in, I gave up on the burn and tried to add a bit more consistency.  That said, this isn't optimized in the least since I left all the burn cards, but... yeah.  Enjoy!

[spoiler=Deck (All the cards are in Generics thread)]

[spoiler=Monsters (19)]
3 Anti-Spell Scanner - AS - Level 5.  SS's itself by banishing a Spell from grave.  Can negate and burn on Spell activation
3 Anti-Monster Crusher - PL - Level 5.  SS's itself by banishing a monster from grave.  Can negate and burn on monster summon
3 Bitter Dragon - Level 4.  Can SS a copy of itself from deck and treat itself as Level 5 for Xyz Summon
3 Fifth Pillar - Can NS itself without tributes -OR- can SS a level 5 from grave when tribute summoned
3 HeRoc - Can SS itself for free, but gives opponent 2000/2000 token
3 Main Soldier #1 - Can SS itself for free in MP1.  Floats into #2 in MP2
1 Main Soldier #2 - Can SS itself for free in MP2.  Floats into #1 in MP1

...yeah, just a bunch of easy-to-summon level 5s so you can actually get into the all-important Extra Deck asap.

[spoiler=Spells (10)]
3 Flocking - Can search Level 5 Winged Beasts.  HeRoc is Winged Beast and is the easiest monster to summon
3 Lost and Found - ...Basically Upstart without opponent gaining LP
3 Mask of Evil - Equip. If the monster leaves the field, inflicts damage to opponent = to its ATK.  You can pay 1000 to equip during opponent's turn.
1 Torment Ring - Equip. Monster can't attack, be tributed, or used as material. End Phase burn for 1/2 ATK. Also floats into burn trap.

Consistency and burn.

[spoiler=Traps (11)]
3 Nightmare Chain - Equips.  Monster loses 500, you gain 500 LP.  If ATK = 0, destroy the monster and deal ATK as damage.  If the monster gets used as Material, this moves to new monster.
2 Lava Orbs - Summon 3 Tokens that deal damage to both players if removed.
3 Vicious Cycle - Search another copy, shuffle another copy from grave to deck, inflict 1000.  Rinse and repeat.
3 Hate Diffusion - Continuous.  All monsters can't attack and effects are negated.  During End Phase, destroy itself and all monsters + inflict damage to owners per ATK of their monsters.

Big burn.  Hate Diffusion is actually really critical for the deck because it completely shuts down a turn and it can help enable the linchpin of the deck.  It... is definitely limit-worthy in its own right.

[spoiler=Extra]

2 Delta-Numerix-044: Perfect Bronze Bull - Rank 5.  Detach to either: Delinquent Duo 2 cards on their field -OR- burn for 300x cards on field
2 Numerix-050: Powerload Half - Rank 5.  OPT can't be destroyed by battle.  OPT detach to negate the next opponent effect + inflict 1000 damage
2 Numerix-114: Sustained Sonic Sarong Serpent - Rank 5. Detach to attach opponent's SS'd monster to it. OPT can't be destroyed + inflict variable damage during End Phase.
2 Crushing Despair Dragon - Rank 5. Detach to inflict 200 x monsters in both player's GY
2 Delta-Numerix-027: Mastery Magistrate - Rank 5. OPT detach to negate effect + draw 1. If it has no Material, you can destroy to Monster Reborn.
2 Industrial Juggernaut - Rank 5. OPT sent top card from Deck to grave. Detach to banish all monsters in opponent's grave + burn (or 2 other effects).
2 Numerix-084: Destroyer Death Dog - Rank 5. During the End Phase, detach to destroy a card.  If a monster is destroyed, owner takes burn damage.
1 Numerix-109: Miracle Totem - Rank 5. Tutor out any Xyz in the game (conditions may apply)

Miracle Totem was my 10X Numerix and it essentially lets you trade in a Numerix at one rank for any other Xyz at that rank, allowing you to bypass difficult-to-summon Xyzs.  In exchange, it forces you to fill your Extra Deck as you have to run 2 copies of what you want to summon.  Mastery Magistrate is really powerful as a free negate + draw, and since it won't have many materials, you'll easily be able to use the monster reborn effect.  The only thing is, based on how Magistrate is written, it can just summon itself over and over.  An exclusion text or HOPT is needed.

[spoiler=Deck Thoughts/Summary]
As the deck isn't really meant to showcase a broken combo or anything, I didn't really run through potential hands to check consistency or usefulness.  It is a fairly one-trick pony deck, if that pony had a swiss army knife for hooves.  It generally shouldn't have trouble using one of its Xyzs to remove threats.  It then would use its trap lineup and Mask of Evil to disrupt and discourage the opponent with large amounts of burn.  I don't see the deck doing much more than outputting 1 Rank 5, setting some backrow and passing, but that's pretty much what it is designed to do and it probably does it well.

Oddly, it has certain merits going second as well.  It has a built-in mini loop that can rid the opponent of key Special Summoned monsters and the more stuff the opponent has in the GY, the more powerful some of the Deck's burn effects become.  The main issue is actually getting Totem off the field so you can get into the Xyz you really want (which is something this deck still looks like it has issues with).

Overall, I'm definitely thinking of doing another fun Xyz deck with Totem, but one that is a bit more coherent and viable rather than focusing on burn.  Thanks for the look-through!

Cheers!

I'm honestly not sure how Hate Diffusion slipped me by. Yeah, in the Limited bin it goes. At least that's a hint that Decks might need to run actual backrow-based backrow removal given how much power backrow we actually have. MST, TwiTwi, D. D. Tempest, Odd-Dice Cyclone, Psychic Cyclone . . . pretty much every Deck needs one.

Also, I did a prompt!

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/376419-agm-written-hundreds-of-miles-to-the-armagallon/

Archived