• Start New Topic
Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Archetype Generator Meta

• Please log in to reply
3797 replies to this topic

Dova

Dova

DovaMember

• Dova

• 3,199 posts
    Last Visit Today, 08:13 AM
  • Discord:Dova#1498
  • Alias:Dova
  • Spouse:Dova

So I have been working on Brethren of the Scythe alongside Blue Thunder, although I've only done some slight modifications. Along with slightly buffing the bosses to make them more workable, I've removed two of the spells and replaced them with 1 new monster to fit in with their theme a little more. However, in regards to the changes to the searchers, we now only have:

• A Level 4 DARK Warrior searcher
  • A Level 3 or lower DARK Warrior searcher
  • An archetypal searcher

However, the former two prevent you Summoning from the ED, save for Xyz Summoning, while they are face-up on the field. Do you reckon that's fine, or that I need to go about a different way of nerfing them?

EDIT: Just realized we're nearing 200 pages ^^

"I make cards, but I can't make decks" - Dova 2016

Proud member of the Archetype Generator Meta and Duelist Port Royal!

Random Stuff

Tinkerer Bartholomew Melon

The Aloof One

• Elite Members
  • 3,468 posts
    Last Visit Today, 02:50 PM
  • Alias:Tinkerer

Deck Showcase time~!

Let's look at how some recent AGM archetypes meld together with one of my favorite generic cards I'd ever made!

Duel Option? No! DUAL Option!

Dual Option
Continuous Spell
Banish half of your Deck face-down. Whenever you would add a card from your Deck to your Hand, you can add the appropriate face-down banished card to your Hand instead of from your Deck. Once per turn, you can shuffle 1 face-down banished card to your Deck. If this card would leave the field, return all your banished cards to your Deck.

...I never really considered that this card would ever actually be useful in any capacity, however, with the recent additions of the Murine cards and the Helkoar cards, this card can show some ridiculous potential.  Both archetypes feature shuffling into the Deck.  Helkoar enables the shuffling to be used to summon themselves, lessening the cost of shuffling effects, while the Murines can shuffle cards as a means of consistency-boosting.  Put 'em together, and Murines get an infinite resource for their shuffling while Helkoars get useful enablers.

So where does Dual Option fit in?  It is the spark: the start-up card.  Its second effect essentially works as a free E-Tele for Helkoars, enabling your plays right off the bat.  Further, by it staying on the field, it allows certain Murines to shuffle it into the deck, allowing plays to get started from that end as well.

The deck can be built with a heavier Helkoar presence for a stronger main deck aggro win condition, but this one focuses on the Rank 3-5 capacity.  The deck can get out 2-3 level 3s-4s with great ease and with the combination of Helkoar Bolt and Murine Source Condensa, the deck can get out a 2 mat Rank 5 easily as well.

Key cards for the Deck:

Helkoar Bolt - Level 5 that searches any of your Helkoar cards on-summon.  Hard OPT on search, and its level is too high to be searched by T-Rocks Discovery, but its capacity to give you a shufflable monster in-hand and on-field is invaluable.

Helkoar Spike - Level 3 Helkoar should be self-explanatory.  It gives an extra monster for the Rank 3 plays (which is the most consistent thing for the deck).  It also has a bonus LP gaining effect that can cripple an opponent's field if SS'd multiple times.

Murine Source, Purificia - On summon, it shuffles a card you control into your deck for 2 searches.  With a Helkoar on the field, it can essentially search 2 cards for free.  It can also shuffle/search itself, but its best target is...

Murine Source, Minera - Soft OPT Summoner Monk for Murines.  If you have enough cards in hand, you can spit out 3 of these and a Purificia for the double search (recouping some of those resources).  Enough Helkoar in hand can help alleviate the cost to... nothing.

Pity of the Mermaid/T-Rocks Discovery - Searches the Murines/Helkoars respectively.  Having the latter in hand is useful both for Minera and for...

Slight of Hand - searches any card in your deck at the "cost" of shuffling 2 of your other cards from your hand into your Deck.  Often easy to have at minimum 1 Helkoar in hand so that this becomes a 1-for-1 that lets you grab any of the aforementioned combo pieces.  It is also a continuous spell, so it is a valid target for shuffling.

On a near unrelated note, who made "The Chemgineer"?  It... is basically a Rank 4 Pot of Greed...

Edit: By the by, I think I'm gonna aim to make a Virus Deck utilizing Sclera Guild for the April Challenge.  Will need to see...

Edited by Tinkerer Bartholomew Melon, 16 April 2018 - 10:38 PM.

Hello, fine peoples!

Draconus297

Draconus297

Dragon Lord

• Topic Starter
  • AGM Founder
  • 3,699 posts
    Last Visit 5 minutes ago
Given the OCG text, and the unedited Material line, it looks like a Sakura card. Typically, I don't edit or look over Sakura's cards unless they're a mess at a glance, because I'm just predisposed to thinking he's good with card text.
I'm also on DeviantART
I'm in the AGM, as its founder
Oh, and CowCow says I'm a Tyrunt.One of these days I will evolve . . .
But I am a Pokémon of my own

April's AGM Deck Challenge:
Troll Decks!
PM me for more details on AGM Deck Challenges, for your chance at 1000 Points!

SKDRKF CNMLKQNKQ:
PADE XACQZIMTS!

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators

• 37,846 posts
    Last Visit Today, 04:59 PM
  • Discord:Sakura#2014
  • Spouse:Latias and Sapphy-chan

Yeah, think Chemgineer is mine. I'll go look it over and fix it later (probably restrictions or whatever). 

As for card grammar, I AM good at writing it, though there may be some deviations from actual Konami text such as probably certain phrases that are either older versions or got reverted because they cannot be consistent. 

Signature Stuff
Card Directory and TCG Decks
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Zootopia GIFs (I have too many of them in here -_-)
Character results

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Pokémon X / AS / Sun FC: 4098-4005-6931

(If you add my code, make sure you tell me so I can add you back)

Dova

Dova

DovaMember

• Dova

• 3,199 posts

Blue Lightning is up!

Also, Bounty Hunters have been reworked!

Wanting to select my next project, and finish off my Ritual "trilogy" with a bang. Can't decide between these two. Thoughts?

Terriform

Servant of Kiwahine

both draconus' lol

After this one, I'll probably take a break to make at least one or two of my own archetypes. I need to get my originality sparking again!

EDIT: Also, any thoughts you guys have on my current formatting in my threads? Interesting, hard on the eyes, a bit all over the place or something else?

Random Stuff

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators

• 37,846 posts

I would probably suggest Terriforms since the other one does invoke a Hawaiian lizard goddess [Kihawahine] (and while it doesn't explicitly say you have to base it on Hawaiian mythology, because even I don't have in-depth knowledge of mo'o*, yeah.)

* Mo'o technically meaning "lizard", however you can probably use it to mean "dragon" (as they technically are big lizards anyway, haha).

I took an intro to Hawaiian religion last spring (and there was supposedly a course where they'd exclusively focus on mo'o, but I didn't see it; nor would I have the time to take it)

https://forum.yugioh...g-away-windy-9/

(Also yeah, this is up. I actually made the thread yesterday, but didn't finish it until late at night. Will be updating it again later with the backrow and stuff.)

Signature Stuff
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

The Aloof One

• Elite Members
  • 3,468 posts

Jugglernaut
Archetype of LIGHT Warriors that are kind of a parody since they are all clowns but with wrestler-like bodies, beefed and all. They each juggle different manly items, such as anvils, spiked balls, objects in fire, etc. Their playstyle is a throwback to Clown Control: they trigger disruption when their battle position is changed, plus they get the tools to enable such position changes.
They are all level 6 or higher, but have no problem in getting on the board due to built-in Summoning effects, although they do so in Defense Position so they can't really get on the offense from the get-go, unless they set up their own position-changing support. Their Spell/Trap line-up is based on changing positions of monsters on either side of the field, and for the disruptive power the monsters have effects to activate those cards during the opponent's turn from the hand, GY and even directly from the Deck. Moreover, the built-in summoning effects can be used during your opponent's turn as well, so they get to disrupt the opponent even when it goes first.
Finally, mostly for flavor, they have a handful of Equip Spells based on the aforementioned items they juggle. In addition to stats boosts, these items have combat-related effects, like piercing damage, double battle damage, and so on. The catch here is that the Jugglernauts can equip these cards to fellows Jugglernauts on the board, so in a single Battle Phase all Juggernauts are able to attack with the same Equip for the stronger punches. Finally, in order to add value to the Equip Spells, they also carry additional effects like a Reborn (e.g. Spellbook o Life), a Wonder Wand, floating, etc.

Gonna run with this archetype as my next one.  Looks like fun.

Hello, fine peoples!

Draconus297

Draconus297

Dragon Lord

• Topic Starter
  • AGM Founder
  • 3,699 posts
    Last Visit 5 minutes ago
A few things.

First, I was curious as to what the best "engine" cards for Ascent of Fusion would be. For those unaware, it lets you bring out non-Effect Fusions by dumping the Materials from the Deck, and revives anything used as Material for a non-Effect Fusion immediately after Summon, on a HOPT. Obviously, something like Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon can function as basically an OTK on legs, dumping all three vanilla Blue-Eyes and immediately reviving them all, but beyond that . . . does it have any serious value? Sanwitch can get you both Sangan and Witch of the Black Forest instantly for a double search if you run a two-Tribute monster (or Dragonna-bugeisha), Dragoness the Wicked Knight sets you up for 3 free Materials for Rank 3 plays . . . but I'm wondering what you guys can think of beyond that.

I'm thinking about adding Mindmelders, my most recent Fusion project, into the mix once I've finished with them. However, I'm awful at names, so it might not be done for a while yet- I have effect ideas for most of the other Fusions, I just can't think of good names. *shrug*

We're a little over halfway through April and its trolling-based challenge, for anyone still working on a Deck list!

If anyone would like to help me look through the Game thread to find a good Rank 2/3 prompt, that'd be great- I think we're actually pretty short on good low-Rank Xyz options, even with Invoker riding the X-Saber train to get in.
I'm also on DeviantART

Troll Decks!

SKDRKF CNMLKQNKQ:
PADE XACQZIMTS!

Dova

Dova

DovaMember

• Dova

• 3,199 posts

If anyone would like to help me look through the Game thread to find a good Rank 2/3 prompt, that'd be great- I think we're actually pretty short on good low-Rank Xyz options, even with Invoker riding the X-Saber train to get in.

Rocket League

Minicon

Revisethan

I did try to go for ones that weren't your prompts, to make life a little more interesting, but most of the Rank 2 stuff was Rank 1 as well and there was barely any Rank 3 stuff.

Random Stuff

The Nyx Avatar

The Nyx Avatar

Shinigami

• The Four Horsemen
  • 5,128 posts
    Last Visit 4 minutes ago
Curses!

curses-gif.gif

https://forum.yugioh...r/#entry7096489

Cursebringer archetype is here.

Posted Image

Draconus297

Draconus297

Dragon Lord

• Topic Starter
  • AGM Founder
  • 3,699 posts
    Last Visit 5 minutes ago
I mean, they're missing a few cards stated directly in the prompt, but I assume that you'll keep adding cards to it as time goes on.

Also, I'll edit this post soon-ish with "Mindmelders", that Fusion thing I was bringing up earlier. I'm planning on making 4 more Fusions, but because the Fusions are all based on wordplay between the element and a mind-related thing and I can't think of any combinations that are actually good (especially because the only things I can think of that combine earth and wind are sandstorms and sandblasters), I'll be taking some time to finish them.

Also also, I'm taking Minicon. Probably gonna stretch the rules on it, though.

EDIT: These are the Mindmelders, up for review before AGM addition.
https://forum.yugioh...usion-wip-2328/
I'm also on DeviantART

Troll Decks!

SKDRKF CNMLKQNKQ:
PADE XACQZIMTS!

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators

• 37,846 posts

I still gotta add in more backrow (and the Extra Deck) for Windy; prompt mentions them, but I haven't gotten to it yet due to other design work (and college). Well, there are some other issues that contribute to why I'm not actively doing stuff for this club that are not card related or related to my academic career, but...they're irrelevant.

And while Advanced already has them enabled, how do you guys feel about DIVINE monsters and stuff (well, custom ones that aren't the originals).

Signature Stuff
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Draconus297

Draconus297

Dragon Lord

• Topic Starter
  • AGM Founder
  • 3,699 posts
    Last Visit 5 minutes ago
Fastest I've ever completed a prompt lol
https://forum.yugioh...brick-or-broke/

Also, I'm totally fine with designing for DIVINE. It opens up channels for design creativity, and that's always a good thing in my book.
I'm also on DeviantART

Troll Decks!

SKDRKF CNMLKQNKQ:
PADE XACQZIMTS!

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators

• 37,846 posts

Uh, in terms of new archetypes that we can do legacy support for, I want to put T.G. up for it (since thing really does need an overhaul to compete in the power creep). Might want to bring up the queue at present too. 

Signature Stuff
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Draconus297

Draconus297

Dragon Lord

• Topic Starter
  • AGM Founder
  • 3,699 posts
    Last Visit 5 minutes ago
I'll bring it up, but the only monsters I can remember out of the entire archetype are in the ED. I know some Main Deck names (Warwolf, Rush Rhino, and Striker), but that's about it. So . . . not getting a pass from me until I read the entire archetype. Fun fact: This is the same reason I'm not supporting Majespecters- I cannot be bothered to read their support cards.

Queue:

Majespecter (2/3 - Sakura, Nyx)
lswarm, bar Origin and Ophion (2/4 - Nyx, Dova)
Dracoslayer/Dracoverlord, bar Amorphactor Pain (2/3 - Melon, Sakura)
Metalfoes, bar Electrumite (2/3 - Sakura, Dova)
Galaxy, bar "Number 38: Hope Harbinger Dragon Titanic Galaxy", "Number 42: Galaxy Tomahawk", "Number 62: Galaxy-Eyes Prime Photon Dragon", "Number 83: Galaxy Queen", "Number 90: Galaxy-Eyes Photon Lord", "Number 95: Galaxy-Eyes Dark Matter Dragon", "Number 107: Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon", and "Number 107: Neo Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon"(2/4 - Sakura, Draconus)
Lightsworn, bar Curious (1/3 - Kyumi)
Qli, bar Genius (1/3 - Dova)
T.G. (1/3 - Sakura)

Forbidden

Limited

Semi-Limited

I'm also on DeviantART

Troll Decks!

SKDRKF CNMLKQNKQ:
PADE XACQZIMTS!

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators

• 37,846 posts

tl;dr form:

• Cyclone is Quick-Play monster removal
  • Storm is technically Castel
  • Tempest is Divine Wrath
  • Sonics just doubles their ATK but halves damage output.
  • Supercell prevents sniping while in Pendulum Zone and recycles shit.
  • Gust just summons them from the P-Zone. 

Cards in navy are just WIND Spellcaster reliant, and not specifically 'specters. This is also why I have to be careful with Windy, because they can/will use the top 3, even if not searchable on their end (even though we don't have them)

As for T.G, as far as the TCG goes:

• Striker (the monster) just SS's himself.
  • Warwolf
  • Jet Falcon (Level 3 Tuner; burns for 500 when used as material)
  • Rhino (400 ATK boost when attacking)
  • Cyber Magician (Level 1 Tuner; can use non-Tuner T.G. in hand as Synchro Material)
  • Catapult Dragon (summons Level 3 or lower Tuner from hand OPT)

There's other ones like Metal Skeleton, Gear Zombie and Drill Fish that were not released and are anime-only. First two are Level 1 and 2 Tuners. You already know about the ED members, so not touching on them.

Support-wise

• TGX1-HL is just MST that weakens your monster by half. 
  • TGX300 gives 300 ATK to your monsters for every "T.G." you have. (Cont. Spell)
  • TGX3-DX2 is a Trap; shuffles 3 monsters back to draw 2 cards.
  • TG-SX1 revives a Synchro if archetype monster destroys something and sends it to GY (Normal Trap)
  • EM1 is just Trap archetype equivalent of Creature Swap. (Normal Trap)

Signature Stuff
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

The Aloof One

• Elite Members
  • 3,468 posts

I am still not a fan of Majespecters entering the AGM.  Though before it was just personal dislike for the deck, looking through how they're played and what is played against them, adding them might force the AGM into being a lot more floodgate heavy.  It is not easy to respond to their fields; it is much easier to prevent the fields to get set up to begin with.

If Majespecters do get in, I'm immediately casting a negative vote towards them.

EDIT: Finished the Jugglernauts - https://forum.yugioh...ts-written-agm/

Edited by Tinkerer Bartholomew Melon, 24 April 2018 - 02:47 PM.

Hello, fine peoples!

Draconus297

Draconus297

Dragon Lord

• Topic Starter
  • AGM Founder
  • 3,699 posts
    Last Visit 5 minutes ago
I'll give T.G. a boost, if only because I like Librarian.

Also, I'm adding Machina to the queue.

Since three separate members supported Red-Eyes, here's a short list of relevant monsters (and one each of an S/T) seen in the hands of Red-Eyes users (excluding Atem for obvious reasons) that could be adopted into the archetype in some way, due to relevancy, thematics, or just interesting trivia. These will be in alphabetical order, with the Red-Eyes user in question listed beside them for reference.
●Cyber-Tech Alligator (Joey)- Its Japanese name was actually Cybernetic Wyvern, and as a Level 6 monster you can adapt it into an "Archfiend" Normal (for ABSD) or a true blue Dragon (for Comet and synergy with the FADN [Fubuki/Atticus/Darkness/Nightshroud] stuff).
●Goblin Attack Force (Joey)- It's a Level 4 Warrior, and FADN used a similar monster in the form of Indomitable Fighter Lei Lei.
●Metal Plus (FADN)- In the anime, REBD and REBMD:Metalmorph::REDD and Dr. Red:Metal Plus. It's also an Equip Trap that provides targeting protection in the anime, so that's kinda neat.
●Mirage Dragon (FADN)- Literally the only type of effect that isn't represented in Red-Eyes support now is stun, so . . . meh.
●Panther Warrior (Joey/FADN)- Literally the only monster used by multiple Red-Eyes users besides REBD itself. Interestingly, there is a funny mistake with the anime that makes this slightly less tenuous: In one instance, Joey accidentally said that he would equip Scapegoat to attack with Panther Warrior, instead of Tributing it. If it does get adapted, however, I recommend it being changed into a Warrior, for obvious reasons.
●Scapegoat (Joey)- In combination with the above trivia regarding Panther Warrior, its retrain Scapeghost is a Level 1 DARK monster. If the retrain was in some way a Dragon, it would be searchable by Red-Eyes Hunter Dragon, allowing for more interesting plays.
●Serpent Night Dragon (Rex)- as another Level 7 DARK Dragon, it already nearly synergizes with most Red-Eyes support as-is, and the Duel that was Serpent Night Dragon's debut featured Red-Eyes being Summoned the following turn.
●Spear Dragon (FADN)- I only mention this one due to its statline, being a 1900 ATK Level 4 Dragon. Also, fun fact: The only two characters in the anime to use this particular card are Kaiba and FADN.
●Troop Dragon (FADN)- Mostly for the Deck digging to be perfectly honest, however its stats are low enough to be converted into a Level 1 . . . hello REHD synergy.
●Tyrant Dragon (Rex)- This one begs to be converted into a Fusion that just requires two archetypal monsters, or a secondary Xyz alongside Flare Metal. That said, the only reason I even mention this one is because it both destroyed and was destroyed by REBD in some way (Hermos was involved, hint hint) in the same Duel.
I'm also on DeviantART

Troll Decks!

SKDRKF CNMLKQNKQ:
PADE XACQZIMTS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users