Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators

• 40,503 posts
    Last Visit Nov 14 2018 11:17 PM
  • Discord:Sakura#2014
  • Spouse:Latias and Sapphy-chan

Do we have Backrow-only archetypes (like the Solemn brigade) in the AGM?

We probably do, but to my memory, don't recall any.

Also @Draconus297, November prompt?

Card Directory and TCG Decks
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Zootopia GIFs (I have too many of them in here -_-)
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Pokémon X / AS / Sun FC: 4098-4005-6931

(If you add my code, make sure you tell me so I can add you back)

Tythe

Tythe

The Aloof One

• Elite Members
  • 4,521 posts
    Last Visit 6 minutes ago
  • Alias:Tinkerer

*takes a deep breath*

We have the "Solemn" stuff, the "Hole" Trap cards (but not Traptrix), the "Mirror Force" Trap cards, the "Virus" series, the Book Series (I think this might need clarification.  I'm assuming this is Book of Moon/Eclipse/Taiyou/Life, not the Spellbooks), and the "Forbidden" Quick-Play Spell Series.

In terms of custom stuff: the only listed backrow-only "archetype" (I believe) is my "Falsehood" Archetype.  In terms of stuff in the generics pool: we have the "Forgotten One" series, and the "Sparks" series/archetype.  There's also the "Rail" Trap series, but that needs a specific monster for it to work correctly.

Out of everything though, I think only Falsehood and Sparks are playable as a deck (and the former is not very good at it).

Hello, fine peoples!

Oh hey, something notable I guess

Ἄργος Πανόπτης

Ἄργος Πανόπτης

Argos Panoptes

• Members
  • 116 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 06:19 PM
  • Discord:Eltanin#9717

Ok, thanks. I wanted to know just because I wanted to make one for the Generics thread and wanted to see what you had already made

Rookie member of the AGM team

Funzies

Draconus297

Draconus297

Dragon Lord

• Topic Starter
  • AGM Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,582 posts
    Last Visit 23 minutes ago
Okay, in inverse order of the things brought to my attention:

It is the "Book" Spell series, not the "Spellbook" archetype. Books of Moon, Taiyou, Life, and Eclipse are what we're referring to. Missed backrow-only Generics series are "Plus Minus", "Sacred Tome" (Dame is optional), the obvious RUM/RDM/RCM cards, and Monster Freeborn turns Monster Reborn and Monster Reborn Reborn into a mini-series in their own right. There's also the Grimmoire Continuous Spell Cards, but those aren't exactly synergistic with one another, and don't accomplish a common goal.

The 2018 prompts were all stored on my old phone, which I have misplaced the charger to. However, the remaining prompts were burn damage and exact name cards (so get your Dark Magician Deck ready), although I can't for the life of me remember which is which.
I'm also on DeviantART
I'm in the AGM, as its founder
Oh, and CowCow says I'm a Tyrunt.One of these days I will evolve . . .
But I am a Pokémon of my own

LEc7qUd.png

November/December AGM Deck Challenge:
Burn damage OR single-card support!
PM me for more details on AGM Deck Challenges, for your chance at 1000 Points!

SKDRKF CNMLKQNKQ:
PADE XACQZIMTS!

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators

• 40,503 posts

I guess just choose 1 for now and leave other for December, or just leave them both for 2 months.

But yeah, if anyone in here wants to test run the group archetype, all of it should be up on Duel Portal. Just let me know if any changes need to be made, as I set them to Private-Shared (so only I can edit them, with the exception of the other DP mods if needed).

Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

R.Surraco

R.Surraco

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • 253 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 04:41 PM
  • Discord:ZetaRESP#7456

But yeah, if anyone in here wants to test run the group archetype, all of it should be up on Duel Portal. Just let me know if any changes need to be made, as I set them to Private-Shared (so only I can edit them, with the exception of the other DP mods if needed).

Okay, that's nifty. I may give it a try later.

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators

• 40,503 posts

Still waiting on you to turn in your archetype stuff and pass so you can be officially inducted and start adding stuff.

Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

R.Surraco

R.Surraco

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • 253 posts

I already gave that to @Draconus297, by PM.

At least, I'm sure I did.

Draconus297

Draconus297

Dragon Lord

• Topic Starter
  • AGM Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,582 posts
It's been turned in, and I'm analyzing it from top to bottom.

You didn't want to receive a freebie, so I'm making absolutely sure that I'm not solely relying on my initial, snap judgment.
I'm also on DeviantART

LEc7qUd.png

SKDRKF CNMLKQNKQ:
PADE XACQZIMTS!

R.Surraco

R.Surraco

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • 253 posts

It's been turned in, and I'm analyzing it from top to bottom.

You didn't want to receive a freebie, so I'm making absolutely sure that I'm not solely relying on my initial, snap judgment.

Respect.

Draconus297

Draconus297

Dragon Lord

• Topic Starter
  • AGM Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,582 posts
@R.Surraco . . .
You lucky fuck.

So, at first, I was going to deny you entry on the Cosmorider/Cosmoraptor support, due to using up all 5 of your slots on Spells, several Equips among them. The synergy was awkward, the only thing truly on point was the theming, and the effects in general were kinda unexpected.

But then I read it again. Several times. I tried to analyze why you did what you did, what your end goal was.

You gave them a tie to Auras, and literally created a Cosmo/Aura Control build out of literally nothing. You absolute psycho, you offbeat genius. The only issue with this new Deck focus is that Cosmoraptor Tyranno isn't searchable (or even consistently Summonable unless you run Tribute fodder) for a finisher, making the entire Deck lean a bit too hard on Durrall stall with a bunch of Equips, or King Gilford, to keep you alive long enough to reach your win condition, but by giving them enough ties to a Deck that also just so happens to utilize LIGHT Warrior equips, you did, in fact, satisfy the necessary conditions of improving Cosmor as a Deck.

Drop your signup info now, because you are, officially, an AGM member. Rah rah, and all that.
I'm also on DeviantART

LEc7qUd.png

SKDRKF CNMLKQNKQ:
PADE XACQZIMTS!

Ἄργος Πανόπτης

Ἄργος Πανόπτης

Argos Panoptes

• Members
  • 116 posts
Did he just manage to pull off an Omega-Turbo-like strategy by using all archetypal support? Because if he did, he's an absolute madman and I like every bit of it

Funzies

Draconus297

Draconus297

Dragon Lord

• Topic Starter
  • AGM Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,582 posts
Not exactly. Think more like how Invoked Wind Witch worked, but the individual pieces aren't exactly good separate. The five card support lineup, through some happy accident, made the two sets mesh unexpectedly well with one another, and if they're given semi-consistent access to either Tyranno or King Gilford, the Deck can actually be incredibly fun, conceptually.
I'm also on DeviantART

LEc7qUd.png

SKDRKF CNMLKQNKQ:
PADE XACQZIMTS!

Ἄργος Πανόπτης

Ἄργος Πανόπτης

Argos Panoptes

• Members
  • 116 posts
Neat. Also, welcome Surraco, it's good to finally see you in here

Funzies

R.Surraco

R.Surraco

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • 253 posts

I'm glad it worked, honestly. I must say, my focus on the cards was... well, making the cards have more "Sentai/Rider" on it, because, well, that's what they are.

R. Surraco
Weaknesses: Not a ruling expert; too much love for the Pendulum Era; Not a meta player; Not having the decency of picking a nickname...
Strengths: Boundless imagination; quick thinking; a nice butt.
Trivia: R. Surraco is his real name (Richard Surraco) and can't recall why haven't picked a nickname yet.

R.Surraco

R.Surraco

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • 253 posts

Um... where are the projects, BTW? I'm kind of lost around the place.

Dova

Dova

DovaMember

• Dova

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
    Last Visit
  • Discord:Dova#1498
  • Alias:Dova
  • Spouse:Dova

Mainly in group PMs; I think Sakura invited you to our main thing.

Anyway, welcome! :D Good to have new members.

Draconus297

Draconus297

Dragon Lord

• Topic Starter
  • AGM Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,582 posts
So, because Surraco is likely our final member for the year, I'd like to confirm all active members for the AGM Secret Santa event.

Because of some issues that popped up last year, I unfortunately have to put some rules in place this year.
1. In order to be considered an "active member" for the Secret Santa event, you must put up a likes/dislikes panel (demonstrated below) between this moment and 12 AM PST (that's midnight on the rollover) December 1st 2018. If you do not have a panel ready by that time, your name is not going to be sent to Yui to be shuffled.
2. These will be labeled as "AGMGift" threads, and linked to in this thread before the start of 2019 (you have until 11:59 PM PST December 31st to put up the thread).
3. Four cards minimum are required from you as a gift to your recipient, which can be in the form of either an archetype, support for an archetype they profess to like, or generic cards that work with their preferred strategies. You can include gifts for others in the same thread, as I do every year, but the primary focus must be your assigned recipient.

That's all! It hopefully isn't asking too much!

Here's my likes/dislikes panel, as an example to look to.

●Dragon, Spellcaster, Rock, and Reptile-Type monsters.
●Level/Rank 3, 6, 9, and 12.
●Cards that can lean on generic support cards to expand their usefulness. For example, things like the Rekindling 200 DEF gimmick, the Sorcery Hydra 1000/0 thing, or, if you want something really esoteric, W Nebula Meteorite calling for Level 7 LIGHT Reptiles. I can name a bunch of different ones, but important stuff in the AGM does include 1700 ATK/DEF, especially for EARTH or Warrior-Type monsters; Damp Den of the Fungal Serpents making any monster that is at least 2/3 of EARTH, Reptile-Type, and/or 2900 ATK/DEF sum searchable and revivable; Level 4 DARK Machines being really accessible; and any non-Dragon that is treated as a Dragon by its own effect (This card is also always treated as Dragon-Type) being stupid searchable.
●I like all the different Summoning methods that existed by Arc-V! It's creative usage that's the hard part.
●I personally love Counters. Spell Counters, Venom Counters, and I've designed a baker's dozen of Counter mechanics from the ground up.
●I love aggressive rushdown styles, focused around throwing around huge damage numbers and multiple bosses, but ignoring things like ridiculous combos and things like negation. That said, when I do make a strategy designed for going first, I usually prefer bosses that self-revive or have some form of control effect over just slapping a million and one protection effects on a card for no reason.
●My favorite archetypes in the AGM, aside from the ones I made personally (most of which I like even with their faults), are Nyx's "Shivergami" and "Prysm" archetypes (which I personally made a bunch of support for), Dova's "T-Rocks" archetype, and Champion's "Falchioner" archetype, aside from things like Lunalights or Aroma IRL.
●I actually like LP restoration.

Dislikes:
●Lockdown play. If you're just trying to pull off a combo that makes it impossible for your opponent to play the game, go play by yourself, because it's obvious that you don't want to play a 2-player game. Same with FTKs, but to a lesser extent: It's why Tribute-to-burn cards (bar Toon Cannon Soldier and Lilliene of the Sclera Guild, both of which are Limited) and Exodia are nonexistent in the AGM.
●Build-a-board Decks. It's why I hated D/D/D, it's a huge part of my problem with Master Rule 4, and it's why I have to be so careful when designing archetypes I like.
●Gimmick inconsistencies. If you give an archetype or series a central theme, monsters off that theme make me sad. Examples include, but are not limited to: Rokket Synchron not having the Rokket effect, the mixed application of Toon effects, Cloudians Poison Fog and Eye of the Typhoon for having nothing to do with Fog Counters or field presence, Ice Counters having no defined focus, not all Ancient Gears having the Ancient Gear clause, and Mecha Dogoran not having the Kaiju clause at all.
I'm also on DeviantART

LEc7qUd.png

SKDRKF CNMLKQNKQ:
PADE XACQZIMTS!

R.Surraco

R.Surraco

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • 253 posts

Thanks. I hope to not be a problem for everyone.

The Nyx Avatar

The Nyx Avatar

Shinigami

• The Four Horsemen
  • 5,716 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 11:18 PM
Well, it's best I make mine.

● Special Summoning and Tribute Summoning (well, ONLY if you have the resources to pull off Tribute Summons like Monarch or my Heir of Fire set for example).

● Synchro Summoning. It is my favorite Extra Deck Summon. It's like Fusion Summoning, but substituting the middle man with addition.

● Fiend is my favorite Type. Probably because I love occult themes. LIGHT is also my favotite Attribute, but I wouldn't mind what Attribute the archetype is if the set has generated cards with cool art. Speaking of...

● Card art. Outside of our recent group projects and Make a card Game, I ALWAYS try to make cards with art. If you can, I would be so happy to receive generated cards with art.

Dislikes:

● Archetypes that revolve around one monster. You know the ones. Things like Grapha, Dark Magician, and Judgement Dragon. Don't get me wrong. I do like some of these bosses like Dark Magician. It's just off-putting when an archetype or Deck revolves too much on it.

● "sent to the Graveyard" effects. Basically Burning Abyss. As cool as their art looks, I hate this gimmick.

● Extra Deck monsters that are not worth making. For me, an Extra Deck monster should have some sort of payoff. Whether it be a beatstick or have a cool effect. But if your Main Deck monster board is arguably better, why bother making it? One example of a wasteful one is Bloom Prima the Melodious Choir.

● Fusion Monsters or Fusion Summoning archetypes with no good Fusion Spell Card. Contact Fusions are cool, but if it's not a Contact Fusion, it better have a good Fusion Spell Card. Most of the ones that rely on Polymerization have poor support.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users