Draconus297

Draconus297

Dragon Lord

• Topic Starter
  • AGM Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,588 posts
    Last Visit Today, 06:49 AM
Reminder to the following members, who may or may not be active in time: I'm sending the Secret Santa list to Yui on December 1st for shuffling. Your likes and dislikes must be turned in before that time, in case someone who doesn't know you all that well gets you as a recipient.

@Dova
@R.Surraco
@Tythe
@ Flash Flyer - Sakura
@Ἄργος Πανόπτης

That's everyone I know has a possibility of being active. I'm not sure on Uggla, Sleepy, or Sebi.
I'm also on DeviantART
I'm in the AGM, as its founder
Oh, and CowCow says I'm a Tyrunt.One of these days I will evolve . . .
But I am a Pokémon of my own

LEc7qUd.png

November/December AGM Deck Challenge:
Burn damage OR single-card support!
PM me for more details on AGM Deck Challenges, for your chance at 1000 Points!

SKDRKF CNMLKQNKQ:
PADE XACQZIMTS!

Ἄργος Πανόπτης

Ἄργος Πανόπτης

Argos Panoptes

• Members
  • 116 posts
    Last Visit 24 minutes ago
  • Discord:Eltanin#9717
Better do this before I forget about it.
-High level monster decks (that can put them out really fast) or anti-meta troll strategies (like Inferno Tempest+Trap-to-Monster cards). Because fuck the metagame!

-Machine, Fiend and Dragon monsters. Trains, Archfiends and Dragunity, my favourite casual decks.

-Light, Fire and Dark archetypes.

-Ritual and Synchro monsters. The first two types of monsters I ever played and I really like their mechanics.

-Card Art. If I find it, I'll definetly put it into the generator and make a nice and complete card and, sometimes, it's there where I find ispiration for an archetype.

Dislikes:

- U-Links and Link Monsters in general. I never liked them and never will. MR4 sucks.

-Lockdown strategies and Burn to Death decks. It's "really fun" not doing anything for ten to twenty minutes because the opponent went first and set up a board that can stop anything.

-FROGS. Do I even need to say why?

-Any Cyberse Deck ever. See my lockdown part.
Rookie member of the AGM team

Funzies

Dova

Dova

DovaMember

• Dova

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts
    Last Visit
  • Discord:Dova#1498
  • Alias:Dova
  • Spouse:Dova

Not gonna be in the traditional like/dislike format, but instead topic-by-topic.

- Can't go wrong with Ritual Summoning. Fusion decks are pretty cool too, but I also really like Xyz Decks involving Rank-Up-Magics or some sort of in-built Ranking-Up/Ranking-Down mechanic. I'm not a huge fan of Links outside of specifically MR4, or Synchros in any context. Pendulums are fine if they work.

- Favourite Types include Psychic, Reptile, Winged Beast, Aqua even Fish/Sea Serpent and Thunder. Basically anything connected with...

- ...WIND and WATER, my two favorite Attributes. Still, it's not so much the Types I have an issue with, rather their combinations. Like EARTH Warrior; unless there's an archetypal reason that makes it stand out, how generic is that?

- I like unusual Levels, particularly in the upper ranger, but anything other than 4/6/8...which is ironic as its the easiest to do Rituals for. Not extremely fussy here either, though.

-Traps are really cool. I'm not a huge fan of Continuous Spells, but I don't really dislike them either. Normal and Quick-Play for the win though.

- Mechanics wise, I like avoiding banishing as much as possible. I enjoy recycling, fiddling with the Deck and Extra Deck, and I'm not adverse to creative cards which deal with those areas. Variety is great to see in cards, as they don't all have to follow a gimmick to the letter. Hand advantage/disadvantage is something I really like toying with as well. Milling is pretty cool, although I prefer it as a continuous thing you build up to, rather than a OTK or FTK. Which leads to...

-FTKs are bad. Particularly massive plays on one turn; there's always solitaire for that :P I really like dynamic cards, ones that don't necessarily need your opponent to do certain things, but can react to them. Each card is a toolbox, but each card has multiple uses, even if that use is just as a Tuner or an additional named guy for the Mekk-Knight field wincon.

- Lockdown, for similar reason above. It's not fun people, come on. I don't mind certain parts of lockdown, but where 90% of your opponent's moves are shut down unless its only possible past turn 2, no fun at all.

- Favorite real decks are Artifacts, Mekk-Knight (specifically the pure Win-condition variant), Raidraptors and Normal Pendulums. My own favorites are listed in my signature, and ones other have made include Draconus' Raptor Aces, Uggla's Ravenirituals, Sakura's Sunbeasts, Nyx's Moth Princesses and Tinkerer's Ancient Ones.

Ἄργος Πανόπτης

Ἄργος Πανόπτης

Argos Panoptes

• Members
  • 116 posts
    Last Visit 24 minutes ago
  • Discord:Eltanin#9717

Also, I have nearly finished Galaxy HEROs. Just need to tune some of their effects/stats, but I don't know what monsters to search for comparison, since 11 isn't a common level for spam-heavy decks, and I think I have exaggerated on the effects on the Xyz monsters

Rookie member of the AGM team

Funzies

Uggla6

Uggla6

• Members
  • 69 posts
    Last Visit Nov 17 2018 05:21 AM

Hey! I'm active. Or at least I try to be / like to think I am. Anyway I'll try to keep mine broad to help give creative process to the other person.

1. Unique Mechanic (Literally anything somewhat original)
  2. Card Art (Although I understand time is a serious factor and I'll likely do mine written as well)
  • Attributes: DARK, WIND, WATER
  • Types: Wyrm, Dragon, Fiend, Dinosaur, Sea Serpent, Winged-Beast, Reptile, Fish, Thunder, Aqua, Insect, Plant
  • Levels: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 9
  • Summoning Mechanics: Fusions, XYZs
  • Other:
    • Opponent Interaction
    • Negates
    • Spell Speed 2 (Quick-play spells, traps, quick effects)
    • Searching
    • Hand Traps
    • LP Gain
    • Balance/Costs
    • Creative naming schemes 
    • Lore/Background/Theme

Dislikes:

1. Improper PSCT and OCG (Incorrect phrasing, punctuation, and capitalization are a pet peeve)
  • Attributes: LIGHT, FIRE, EARTH, DIVINE
  • Types: Cyberse, Spellcaster, Beast, Beast-Warrior, Warrior, Fairy, Machine, Psychic, Rock, Pyro, Zombie, Divine-Beast
  • Levels: 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12
  • Summoning Mechanics: Synchro, Pendulums, Rituals
  • Other:
    • FTKs
    • Burn
    • ATK/DEF modification
    • Beat sticks
    • Permanent effects
    • Generic cards
    • Counters
    • Tokens
    • Large Sets
    • Linear play-style

Honestly if you have a neat idea, you can throw any of the bullet points out the window. I certainly do all the time.

Posted Image
A place to duel with your (or my) cards online: HERE My Cards:
Week 1 - Varachnads Week 7 - Monuments
Week 2 - Piranhacans Week 8 - Stealth Dragons
Week 3 - Noble Novas Week 9 - Venom
Week 4 - Serpess Week 10 - Alcyonosts
Week 5 - Pacific Week 11 - Link Jester
Week 6 - Olympians Week 12 - Elemental Herbs

CFVanguard - Nubatama Stride Support
More

True Kings

Posted ImagePosted Image
All Your TCG Needs

Draconus297

Draconus297

Dragon Lord

• Topic Starter
  • AGM Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,588 posts
    Last Visit Today, 06:49 AM
Okay! People who have yet to put down their likes/dislikes, remember that you have LESS THAN TWO WEEKS TO DO SO, and that this means that you are both up for giving and receiving a gift (so, if you're not confident in tailoring a set to somebody, you can just opt out).
Said people are:
@R.Surraco
@Tythe
@ Flash Flyer - Sakura
@Sleepy
Sebi Evalon, but in weird characters not on my keyboard so I can't tag her.

Remember to try not to be too specific with what you want; lay out multiple options for what someone could build, so that they're not stuck doing something especially restrictive. The example archetypes exist to point people in the general direction of playstyles, mechanics, or ideas you enjoy, if not just specific types of effect (for example, if someone lists Empty Jar, Subterrors, and Prediction Princesses as their favorite Decks, make them Flip monsters that focus on a turbo goal).

Anyway, I do intend on working towards a bump for my legacy support thread, but a lot of the more recently finished archetypes feel too complete to add to without goofing something up or going off-theme.
I'm also on DeviantART
I'm in the AGM, as its founder
Oh, and CowCow says I'm a Tyrunt.One of these days I will evolve . . .
But I am a Pokémon of my own

LEc7qUd.png

November/December AGM Deck Challenge:
Burn damage OR single-card support!
PM me for more details on AGM Deck Challenges, for your chance at 1000 Points!

SKDRKF CNMLKQNKQ:
PADE XACQZIMTS!

R.Surraco

R.Surraco

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • 254 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 11:33 PM
  • Discord:ZetaRESP#7456

• Pendulum Monsters. I just love them.
  • Archetypes based on thematic first, mechanics second.
  • New interesting kinds of cards.
  • DRAGONS!!
  • FAIRIES!!

Dislikes:

• Meta decks on casual games. Please. NO.
  • Boring game-winners. I like to have fun when dueling.
  • Unbeatable combos. Seriously, hate that crap.

I guess that's all.

Tythe

Tythe

The Aloof One

• Elite Members
  • 4,526 posts
    Last Visit Today, 01:12 AM
  • Alias:Tinkerer

Mm... Likes + Dislikes, huh?  If I'm honest, my preferences might be completely different in a month but w/e.

Preferences

Alternatively...

...ultimately, while I listed lots of specifics, I'm not one to demand.  I'll be happy with generally anything as long as it isn't too boring or straightforward.

Hello, fine peoples!

Oh hey, something notable I guess

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users