Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Archetype Generator Meta

• Please log in to reply
4256 replies to this topic

R.Surraco

R.Surraco

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • 268 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 07:24 PM
  • Discord:ZetaRESP#7456

So... it's only secret until we make the post saying for who it is? and what's the final date?

Raven Evalon

Raven Evalon

The Rockin Talkin Furry Trans Girl

• Advanced Members
  • 687 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 10:01 PM
  • Discord:5ēbì☆€√äløπ#5097
  • Alias:Kyumi Niusuki
The deadline is Christmas Day (that shoulda been obvious). As for the first question, yeah, pretty much. U can decide how early u wanna post the secret santa gift, but it cant be later than December 25th.

"Purgatory is a sad place anyway..."

My Archetypes:

The Users I look up to as a Mentor:

Goal:

Name Change History

99% of people die when they are killed. If you are part of that 1% who won't, put this in your Signature.

Draconus297

Draconus297

Dragon Lord

• Topic Starter
  • AGM Founder
  • 5,664 posts
    Last Visit 53 minutes ago
Actually, the deadline is New Year's Day, mostly due to finagling with family issues and/or holiday-related events being an issue last year. You must keep your recipient a secret until you release your thread, but the thread can go up at any time during this December.
I'm also on DeviantART
I'm in the AGM, as its founder
Oh, and CowCow says I'm a Tyrunt.One of these days I will evolve . . .
But I am a Pokémon of my own

LEc7qUd.png

November/December AGM Deck Challenge:
Burn damage OR single-card support!
PM me for more details on AGM Deck Challenges, for your chance at 1000 Points!

SKDRKF CNMLKQNKQ:
PADE XACQZIMTS!

Raven Evalon

Raven Evalon

• Advanced Members
  • 687 posts
Oh whoops. Musta assumed it would be the same as last year lol. Glad u corrected me.
==========================
Also, @Draconus297 (and anyone else who wants to give me pointers), how does "Crystalline" look so far? Unique enough to make a game of options, but synergize well enough to work as an archetype?

My Archetypes:

Goal:

Name Change History

99% of people die when they are killed. If you are part of that 1% who won't, put this in your Signature.

Draconus297

Draconus297

Dragon Lord

• Topic Starter
  • AGM Founder
  • 5,664 posts
Crystalline, so far at least, has very little synergy. Also, the Pendulums can't be sent from field to Graveyard as cost, so you need to make actual Continuous Spells for the archetype. The real issue is that each one has self-synergy, working well with other copies of itself, but not specifically doing anything of note with other Crystalline cards.

That said, they look fun thematically. Bad, but a fun casual Deck.
I'm also on DeviantART

LEc7qUd.png

SKDRKF CNMLKQNKQ:
PADE XACQZIMTS!

Draconus297

Draconus297

Dragon Lord

• Topic Starter
  • AGM Founder
  • 5,664 posts
Here's a reminder of the queue, as Argos and Surraco have yet to vote on any of these archetypes. I've updated the OP to disregard all recently-released Links for approved archetypes.
lswarm, bar Origin and Ophion (3/4 - Nyx, Dova, Uggla)
Qli, bar Genius (2/3 - Dova, Sakura)
Thunder Dragon (2/3 - Tythe, Sakura)
Iron Chain (2/3 - Tythe, Sakura)
Lightsworn, bar Curious (1/3 - Raven)

Why I personally did not vote in favor of these archetypes

Also, in order to make HERO Double Attack, the newest cross-support between Neos and other HERO Fusions, live outside of rare situations involving having a Neos Fusion in your Graveyard, I plan to allow the following old HERO Fusions, which are all capable of being made with the approved shortlist of HERO monsters we got by specifically approving the Evil HERO lineup (all classic Main Deck HERO monsters that didn't come with the Neos package were approved this way, except Bubbleman, Bladedge, and Necroshade, which explains all omissions from the classic HERO Fusion lineup).
●Elemental HERO Flame Wingman
●Elemental HERO Phoenix Enforcer
●Elemental HERO Shining Flare Wingman
●Elemental HERO Shining Phoenix Enforcer
●Elemental HERO Rampart Blaster
●Elemental HERO Wild Wingman
●Elemental HERO Thunder Giant
This trial run may also include Grandman and the Omni-HEROes (Shining, Escuridão, Great Tornado, Absolute Zero, Gaia, and Nova Master), if specifically requested.
I'm also on DeviantART

LEc7qUd.png

SKDRKF CNMLKQNKQ:
PADE XACQZIMTS!

Raven Evalon

Raven Evalon

• Advanced Members
  • 687 posts
Keep in mind they r not finished yet tho. There r gonna be more cards that will help with the synergy a bit.

Also, I knew Pendulums cant be used as a cost even if they r treasted as a Continuous Spell. I did this, cuz I didnt want ppl to spam Hamon. Of course they r gonna have Continuous Spells of their own, but the idea was to use generic ones, like Messenger of Peace and Burden of the Mighty and such. But yeah, they will also have their own Continuous Spells, two of which r their Field Spell (which treats itself like a Continuous Spell, not unlike the Pendulums), and then the other being their Rank-Up-Magic, which I plan on making a Continuous Spell to see what I can do with that.

My Archetypes:

Goal:

Name Change History

Tythe

Tythe

The Aloof One

• Elite Members
  • 4,585 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Tinkerer
For Thunder Dragon, can we bar Colossus? That'd shift them entirely from lockdown to a bit of a stun/protect-the-castle style deck.

By the by, if anyone remembers a fish/sea serpent prompt in the Archetype Game, I'm thinking of trying to make that my next project. It doesn't feel like we have too many of either.
Hello, fine peoples!

Oh hey, something notable I guess

Ἄργος Πανόπτης

Ἄργος Πανόπτης

Argos Panoptes

• Members
  • 129 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 03:33 PM
  • Discord:Eltanin#9717

Tbh, I don't. There was the Kriller one, but they were Aquas. Anyways, do I need to add my archetype to the list or has anyone of you already done it?

Nvm, I saw it. Wasn't looking that hard

Rookie member of the AGM team
Custom Archetypes

Infinity_Gauntlet.exe

Draconus297

Draconus297

Dragon Lord

• Topic Starter
  • AGM Founder
  • 5,664 posts
@Raven Evalon Even unfinished, a lot of them approach goals entirely different from one another, making it rather difficult to see what strategy you're actually aiming for. Some are swarming-based, some aid in control, some try to approach sheer power . . . I understand the philosophy of trying to be a jack of all trades, but it's not to the archetype's benefit.

I'm not sure exactly how far just barring Colossus will go, actually. Also, don't they have a Link somewhere? Need to remember to get its name.

Sea Serpent prompts:
Prompts

I'm also on DeviantART

LEc7qUd.png

SKDRKF CNMLKQNKQ:
PADE XACQZIMTS!

R.Surraco

R.Surraco

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • 268 posts

@Draconus297 Um... what other archetypes can be voted for, then?

Tythe

Tythe

The Aloof One

• Elite Members
  • 4,585 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Tinkerer

@Draconus297 Um... what other archetypes can be voted for, then?

You can vote for any archetype that is not in the original post under "Approved Outside Cards" in the "Archetype Pages" tab.

1 vote needed to approve a singular card
2 votes needed to approve a series (connected group of cards under a theme but not an archetype), i.e. Solemns, Jars, etc.
3 votes needed to approve an archetype.  The ones Draco listed are ones that have votes, but need a third vote to be approved.
4 votes needed to approve a super-archetype (Archetypes that contain other archetypes), i.e. "HERO", "lswarm", "Number", etc.

You can also vote to remove stuff, but they need the same number of votes as to approve them.  So far, I think only the Dragon Ruler cards have been added then removed, but I'm sure someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not sure exactly how far just barring Colossus will go, actually. Also, don't they have a Link somewhere? Need to remember to get its name.

Honestly, I completely forgot they had a Link.  Thunder Dragon Goliath.  I've literally never seen it used.

Without Colossus, the deck basically is a big pile that trades cards for other cards until you have enough resources to make Titan and keep it on the board.  The bigger danger is that the AGM is a bit more banish-happy than the TCG (allowing the deck more means of opening), but even so, the deck's playstyle would simply be sitting on a big fusion.  Or becoming a Chaos variant.

Thanks for the prompts~ I'll probably do Abyssal Echo or Placidermungandr since Loch Depths feels a lot like Kraken and I just made a music archetype yesterday.

Hello, fine peoples!

Oh hey, something notable I guess

Draconus297

Draconus297

Dragon Lord

• Topic Starter
  • AGM Founder
  • 5,664 posts
ONE MINOR CORRECTION:

A super-archetype is defined by containing 3 or fewer sub-archetypes. If we'd wanted to add HERO all at once, it would actually havd superseded the super-archetype category, as would Numbers and a few others.
A mega-archetype contains, or has members of, 4 or more other, smaller archetypes which are referred to separately by at least 1 card in each of said smaller archetypes, and would require 5 votes instead.

For all of what Tythe said, the same applies to cards made by outsiders to the AGM, with their permission for our use. For example, if Darj makes an archetype you like, 3 votes are necessary.
AGM member creations that are not explicitly part of the group follow the same rules, -1 vote because it's automatically assumed you'd vote for your own creation.

The current list of accepted outside archetypes includes a lot of Duel Terminal and anime hits, a few card game originals, but the interesting thing is that not all anime archetypes have made it in. Notable (as in, popular IRL, not that I'd actually vote for them) omissions include, but are not limited to:
●Gravekeepers
●Morphtronics
●Blackwings
●Ninjas
●Harpies
●Ojamas
●Vehicroids
●Most ZeXal archetypes, due to the Number ban, with noteworthy exceptions going to Galaxy/Photon and Hands of all things
●Superheavy Samurai
●Wind Witches
●D/D/D
(Note that this list is only noteworthy anime archetypes we don't have. I am not advocating for them, just reporting their absence)

39, Tythe.
Qli, bar Genius (2/3 - Dova, Sakura)
Thunder Dragons, bar "Thunder Dragon Goliath" and "Thunder Dragon Colossus" (2/3 - Tythe, Sakura)

New List

I'm also on DeviantART

LEc7qUd.png

SKDRKF CNMLKQNKQ:
PADE XACQZIMTS!

Ἄργος Πανόπτης

Ἄργος Πανόπτης

Argos Panoptes

• Members
  • 129 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 03:33 PM
  • Discord:Eltanin#9717
Yeah, I'll give my vote to Qli. Also, can we add Constellars to the vote list if they aren't already in?
Rookie member of the AGM team
Custom Archetypes

Infinity_Gauntlet.exe

Raven Evalon

Raven Evalon

• Advanced Members
  • 687 posts

I didn't know we didn't have Different Dimension Demons in here. I love them so much! They get my vote.

My Archetypes:

Goal:

Name Change History

R.Surraco

R.Surraco

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • 268 posts

Mmm... can't decide what to vote... I'l need to spy a little also, to get what to make...

Draconus297

Draconus297

Dragon Lord

• Topic Starter
  • AGM Founder
  • 5,664 posts
Well . . . not how I expected that to go. Qli actually got in. This is bad news bears. Well, now every Deck needs a Wysthae engine or Fallen Champion package as a cheap out to Towers, or run Envious Ogre to block Pendulum Scales (turns out, its "no cards or effects from the hand" effect technically acts like Anti-Spell Fragrance, after doing some rulings crosschecking, in addition to shutting out handtraps, Shivergami self-Summon effects, Swift Rabbit hand effects, and Alternative- and I think those are the only noteworthy applications of its effect, at least until we get D/D or Thunder Dragons). But Ogre is Limited . . . ew.

Updated queue:
Thunder Dragons, bar "Thunder Dragon Goliath" and "Thunder Dragon Colossus" (2/3 - Tythe, Sakura)
D/D (1/3 - Raven)
Morphtronic (1/3 - Draconus)

Also, in my multi-gift thread, the members I'm missing thus far are Uggla, Tythe, and Sleepy; I already gave Sakura his big one, and everyone in here except the named trio got their little one.

List

I'm also on DeviantART

LEc7qUd.png

SKDRKF CNMLKQNKQ:
PADE XACQZIMTS!

Raven Evalon

Raven Evalon

• Advanced Members
  • 687 posts
Crystalline is officially finished, after a couple days of working on them. Imma post the link, and y'all can look over them.

https://forum.yugioh...iven-archetype/

I personally would like to vote them in, however, I am aware that the Field Spell would be barred from here as it mentions Extra Monster Zones. But everything else would be fine. Also, I want to let u know that I will be working on my own banlist for these guys, as I know some of them r broken as shite *cough* Orange Overlord *cough*, so keep that in mind. I also will be working on some new members to them as support, but seeing as the new members wont exactly fit the general theme of the originals, Imma keep them as support and post them later.

My Archetypes:

Goal:

Name Change History

Draconus297

Draconus297

Dragon Lord

• Topic Starter
  • AGM Founder
  • 5,664 posts
While we're talking about player archetypes that were brought up, but neither approved nor outright denied:

https://forum.yugioh...e/#entry7123074

As it's a full archetype, two votes are required from members that aren't me to get it approved.

Anyway, now I'm just down to what to make for @Sleepy and Uggla, the latter just being tricky as all hell to design for, the former having no stated preferences for me to analyze and go over to make a card out of, but I have an obligation to make a card for each member from this year. I'm going to keep trying, definitely.

Also, I nearly had a panic attack for the helpless meta when I had the idea of Saqlifice in combination with King Gilford, until I looked it up and realized it had an archetype lock clause. Convincing Costume would go around that, but that's adding an awfully bad Garnet to your Deck to give yourself effectively a destruction-immune Drident and an OPT search if you have Gilford and Saqlifice/Costume in your hand simultaneously (but not both; one of all three is the worst brick, and Dictator Dragon can kill that play at any stage AND humiliate you in the process).
I'm also on DeviantART

LEc7qUd.png

SKDRKF CNMLKQNKQ:
PADE XACQZIMTS!

Raven Evalon

Raven Evalon

• Advanced Members
  • 687 posts
For the last paragraph, r u referring to Garnet Gardna from Crystalline? Or Garnet the Gem-Knight? Im confused as u just opened a paragraph without any real context as to what u r talking about...

My Archetypes:

Goal:

Name Change History

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users