Archetype Generator Meta

Draconus297

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strength(s): willing to invest time in drawing original card art... 

Weakness: not too up-to-date with the current meta and not really willing to be.

Trivia: like to put (monstly irrelevant) trivia into my cards. offending people is what i do, mostly unintentionally

I'd like to take Night Cry (page 11), if it's still available.

[spoiler=description given]Night Cry - a group a of Dark Beast-type monsters that focus on negating the summoning of extra deck monster and being special summoned instead.

[spoiler=Exponential Racer (2/?)]

Exponential Racer Speedster

Level 4 / EARTH
Machine / Effect
If you control another face-up "Exponential Racer" monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). During either players' turn: You can Tribute this card and another face-up "Exponential Racer" monster you control; Special Summon 1 "Exponential Racer" Fusion monster from your Extra Deck. A monster that was Summoned by using this cards effect gains this effect.
● You can halve this card's ATK, until the End Phase; it can attack your opponent directly during this turn, and if it does, your opponent cannot activate cards of effects until the end of the Damage Step. 
1500 / 800

Exponential Racer Repairer
Level 4 / EARTH
Machine / Effect
If you control another face-up "Exponential Racer" monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). During either players' turn: You can Tribute this card and another face-up "Exponential Racer" monster you control; Special Summon 1 "Exponential Racer" Fusion monster from your Extra Deck. A monster that was Summoned by using this cards effect gains this effect. 
● If it is Special Summoned: You can return 1 "Exponential Racer" card from your Graveyard to your hand, then discard 1 card.
1700 / 800

Development of the "Exponential Racer" so far. It's only 2 cards at the moment because I just made these 2 cards, lel.

I've came up with 2 playstyles for Gargoyles

1. They special summon in defense position. They then proceed to to have on-summon trigger effects that temporarily banish a monster your opponent controls in exchange for banishing a Gargoyle from your deck. While in the graveyard, they can return from the grave when an attack is declared on you directly, like a reverse Battle Fader.

2. Flip effects that search out other members. They can then set themselves. The higher level monsters then have effects that allow them to gain attack power and immunity to things like Honest at the cost of milling a card.

All I know is that I have 1 card made.

Gargoyle Revenge

Trap

Special summon as many "Gargoyle" monsters from your graveyard as possible that were destroyed this turn by your opponent(by battle or by card effect),then destroy monsters your opponent controls, up to the number of "Gargoyle" monsters summoned by this effect.

[spoiler=Phoenix Guardian (5/?)]

Phoenix Guardian - Assault Striker
Level 4 | FIRE | Winged-Beast
(1) When a "Phoenix Guardian" monster attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent.

1700/1300

Phoenix Guardian - Assault Exploder
(1) If a "Phoenix Guardian" monster you control destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can Tribute this card and target 1 card your opponent controls; destroy it.

1600/1400

Phoenix Guardian - Double Wing
You can only use the effect of "Phoenix Guardian - Double Wing" once per turn.
(1) You can target 1 "Phoenix Guardian" monster you control; it can make a second attack during each Battle Phase this turn.

1800/1200

Phoenix Guardian - Defender Kouka
(1) If a "Phoenix Guardian" monster you control would be destroyed by a card effect: You can destroy this card instead.

1300/1700

Phoenix Guardian - Defender Sentou
(1) If a "Phoenix Guardian" monster you control would be destroyed by battle: You can destroy this card instead.

1100/1900

Level 4s should have a common 3000 combined ATK/DEF.

Level 5/6 will likely be 4000.

Support cards might be added, although very minimal.

You don't have to make Extra Deck if you don't want to.

Looking at your cards thus far, you should be fine with the S/T cards you have now.

One thing I'd probably be wary of is Ledsig's non-targeting monster destruction. I'd recommend changing it to targeting though.

Otherwise, you should be okay.

In the meantime guys, go ahead and CnC Gadjiltron's and my stuff if you guys get time for it.

(Hopefully I didn't already CnC myself with the explanations and all...)

----

For next project, I'll go have a look.

Maybe I might do Night's Watch (hey, I get to make a reference to Night-sama in there) or some of the other things in there.

DARK Fairy monsters that can summon themselves in reaction to monster effects of the opponent being activated. They focus heavily on walling opponent efforts to break through, while draining their hand until they can summon enough monsters to attack and win.

Time permitting, I might add Phoenix Guardians as a YGOPro thing (for test usage).

You don't have to make Extra Deck if you don't want to.

Looking at your cards thus far, you should be fine with the S/T cards you have now.

One thing I'd probably be wary of is Ledsig's non-targeting monster destruction. I'd recommend changing it to targeting though.

Otherwise, you should be okay.

In the meantime guys, go ahead and CnC Gadjiltron's and my stuff if you guys get time for it.

(Hopefully I didn't already CnC myself with the explanations and all...)

----

For next project, I'll go have a look.

Maybe I might do Night's Watch (hey, I get to make a reference to Night-sama in there) or some of the other things in there.

Time permitting, I might add Phoenix Guardians as a YGOPro thing (for test usage).

If you could, please add Gargoyles to. I'd love to see these in action.

I don't know what to do next. Someone, give me my orders.

I'm going to try to tackle the "Irontown" Archetype on page 11.

Archetype of FIRE Rock-Type monsters. Most activate their effects when they're Normal Summoned, and unlike most Rock-Type monsters, these have ATK that's higher than their DEF. Their Extra Deck monsters are Fusion-Type monsters.

@Ego, give me a random whole number under 1000

Cool. Any of these sound interdasting?

Fatal Des

Rogue stall deck revolving around flip effs and all sorts of floating. Wincon is either Destiny Countdown or some broken ED boss. Type is probs DARK/Beast with levels around 2-4.

Eradicators

Archetype of Fiend and Insect-Type monsters with effects revolving around destroying and banishing cards on your opponent's side of the field.

Xero

A series of DARK monsters of differing types who specialize in utilizing ranks 5+ XYZ monsters. They also combo with Aliens as they have a continuous ability that every A-counter on the field increases their levels.

Leviaterror

An archetype of WATER Sea Serpent-Type monsters that activate their effects when they're banished. Some of them can even recover banished WATER monsters.

Archived