Spell Card: Defenders Barrier

liam2ster

Hello all, I haven't played Yu-gi-oh or used the card creator in a long time but I decided to make a spell card and this is it.

1ydEGog.jpg

In my opinion this card is balanced, I wanted to even it out by making it so the monster couldn't be attacked whilst being stopped from attacking itself, and making it a 50/50 chance of it losing 200 ATK.

As I said, I have pretty much forgot how Yu-gi-oh works, please no hate only constructive criticism!

If your HP is lower than your opponent, you can Equip only this card to any monster your opponent control, unless you have less LP than your opponent. When The equipped the monster cannot attack for 3 turns and the monster cannot or be targeted for an attacked during this time. Each round this card is equipped, you flip During your End Phase: Toss a coin and call it. If you call right the equipped monster permanently loses attack decreases by 200 ATK. (This ATK loss remains even if this card leaves the field or the monster becomes unaffected by card effects.) During your 3rd Standby Phase after this card was equipped to a monster, destroy this card.

So, I presume if the equipped monster is the only card your opponent has on the field, you still can't attack directly normally.

Unless specifications are present, you can equip cards to any face-up monster available. Not like you'd want to equip it to your own monsters, but there might be niche situations for that. I've adjusted the text to imply this to improve its playability.

Whenever you state "each turn" effects, you must also state which point in the turn it triggers. Common trigger timings include during the Standby or End Phases.

After the 3 turns of no-combat elapse, this card mysteriously stays on the field. While it does continue to weaken the monster, past the 3rd turn it also makes tracking whether that monster can attack or not a little difficult. I've changed the mechanics of the card to self-destruct once the 3 turns of no-combat elapse, while also making the ATK drop stick even after this card leaves the field, so it has at least tried to do something in its time.

But in all honesty, it's a lot more efficient to just take out the offending monster with a card effect. Even trying to use this card to weaken the monster can be a crapshoot, since on average you'd be getting a 200-400 ATK drop, which isn't much. Let's not forget that the opponent can still get rid of the monster themselves to make something bigger through a Synchro or Xyz Summon, or even just a Tribute Summon.

So, I presume if the equipped monster is the only card your opponent has on the field, you still can't attack directly normally.

Unless specifications are present, you can equip cards to any face-up monster available. Not like you'd want to equip it to your own monsters, but there might be niche situations for that. I've adjusted the text to imply this to improve its playability.

Whenever you state "each turn" effects, you must also state which point in the turn it triggers. Common trigger timings include during the Standby or End Phases.

After the 3 turns of no-combat elapse, this card mysteriously stays on the field. While it does continue to weaken the monster, past the 3rd turn it also makes tracking whether that monster can attack or not a little difficult. I've changed the mechanics of the card to self-destruct once the 3 turns of no-combat elapse, while also making the ATK drop stick even after this card leaves the field, so it has at least tried to do something in its time.

But in all honesty, it's a lot more efficient to just take out the offending monster with a card effect. Even trying to use this card to weaken the monster can be a crapshoot, since on average you'd be getting a 200-400 ATK drop, which isn't much. Let's not forget that the opponent can still get rid of the monster themselves to make something bigger through a Synchro or Xyz Summon, or even just a Tribute Summon.

Wow, you're right, I guess my card is pretty dumb, thanks for your input dude.

I will keep things like this in mind when I post next, I forgot all about synchro and xyz haha

Archived