Do you like Fairy Tales (archetype)?

Lee Cheng Men

I really wanted to see the Leon's cards to be released, too bad Konami didn't make it. So I decided to make them by myself. Any suggestions for the set (including the boss monster). I apologize because I made some mistakes, I written "Jared Ashford" as the creator instead of my own name, that was my Facebook I'd.... =_="

[spoiler=Monsters]

[spoiler=Cinderella from the Untold Fairy Tales]IgeuXzL.jpg

[spoiler=Effect]

When this card is Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 "Pumpkin Carriage from the Untold Fairy Tales" from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard. You can only use this effect of "Cinderella from the Untold Fairy Tale" once per turn. When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; it loses 1000 ATK. When that monster is destroyed by battle, this card gains 1000 ATK.

[spoiler=Pumpkin Carriage from the Untold Fairy Tales]m7Kv1gE.jpg

[spoiler=Effect]

When this card is Special Summoned: Draw 1 card. Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up "Fairy Tales" monster you control; this turn, it can attack your opponent directly.

[spoiler=Forest Wolf from the Untold Fairy Tales]6zuOBSy.jpg

[spoiler=Effect]

If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, equip that monster to this card. You can Tribute this card; Special Summon any number of Level 4 or lower "Fairy Tales" monster from your hand, except "Forest Wolf from the Untold Fairy Tales", up to the number of monsters equipped to this card. You can only use this effect of "Forest Wolf from the Untold Fairy Tales" once per turn.

[spoiler=Tom Thumb from the Untold Fairy Tales]z5vDAg6.jpg

[spoiler=Effect]

This card can be treated as 2 Tributes for the Tribute Summon of a "Fairy Tales" monster. After this card is Special Summoned to your side of the field, you can Normal Summon 1 "Fairy Tales" monster during your Main Phase this turn, in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.)

[spoiler=Seven Kid Goats from the Untold Fairy Tales]

vmrrNMK.jpg

[spoiler=Effect]

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can target 3 "Fairy Tales" monsters in your Graveyard; shuffle those targets into the Deck, then draw 2 cards from your Deck. You can only use this effect of "Seven Kid Goats from the Untold Fairy Tales' once per turn.

[spoiler=Little Red Riding Hood from the Untold Fairy Tales]95YRw1m.jpg

[spoiler=Effect]

If this card you control is sent to your Graveyard by your opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect): You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Fairy Tales" monster from your Deck, except "Little Red Ridding Hood from the Untold Fairt Tales". Then, you can add 1 Level 5 or higher "Fairy Tales" monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Little Red Riding Hood from the Untold Fairy Tales" once per turn.

[spoiler='Iron Hans from the Untold Fairy Tales]rnPLnIi.jpg

[spoiler=Effect]

When this card is Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Iron Knight from the Untold Fairy Tales" from your Deck. You can only use this effect of "Iron Hans from the Untold Fairy Tales" once per turn.

[spoiler=Iron Knight from the Untold Fairy Tales]ighzZL6.jpg

[spoiler=Effect]

When this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls; destroy it. You can Tribute 1 Level 4 or lower "Fairy Tales" monster you control, then target 1 "Fairy Tales" monster you control; it gains 1000 ATK until your next Standby Phase. You can only use this effect of "Iron Knight from the Untold Fairy Tales" once per turn.

[spoiler=Thorn Princess from the Untold Fairy Tales]kos7ZpY.jpg

[spoiler=Effect]

Cannot be Special Summoned from the Deck. Once per turn: You can send 1 face-up Continuous Spell Card you control to the Graveyard, then target 1 face-up Special Summoned monster your opponent controls; take control of that target. If this card in your possession is sent to your Graveyard by your oponent's card (either by battle or by card effect): You can add 1 Level 4 or lower "Fairy Tales" monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Thorn Princess from the Untold Fairy Tales" once per turn.

[spoiler=Globerman from the Untold Fairy Tales]1Idhwmf.jpg

[spoiler=Effect]

Cannot be Special Summoned from the Deck. This card can attack all Special Summoned monsters your opponent controls. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent. Any battle damage your opponent takes from attacks involving this card is halved. If this card in your possession is sent to your Graveyard by your opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect): You can add 1 Level 4 or lower "Fairy Tales" monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Globerman from the Untold Fairy Tales" once per turn.

[spoiler=Hexe Trude from the Untold Fairy Tales]D4Kmqli.jpg

[spoiler=Effect]

Cannot be Special Summoned from the Deck. If this card attacks, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard, it gains 400 ATK. If this card in your possession is sent to your Graveyard by your opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect): You can add 1 Level 4 or lower "Fairy Tales" monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Hexe Trude from the Untold Fairy Tales" once per turn.

[spoiler=Spells]

[spoiler=Curse of Thorns]Yos6Yqj.jpg

[spoiler=Effect]

If your opponent Special Summons a monster(s): You can target 1 of those monsters; this turn, its effects are negated, and it cannot declare an attack. You must control a face-up Level 5 or higher "Fairy Tales" monster to activate and to resolve this effect. You can only use this effect of "Curse of Thorn" once per turn. If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can add 1 "Fairy Tales" monster from your Deck to your hand.

[spoiler=Gingerbread House]bGH3FfB.jpg

[spoiler=Effect]

During each of your opponent's Standby Phases: You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; it gains 600 ATK. Destroy a monster if its ATK becomes 2500 or higher by this effect, then you gain 500 Life Points for each monster destroyed. You must control a face-up Level 5 or higher "Fairy Tales" monster to activate and to resolve this effect.

[spoiler=Water of Life]UeJ5Tv7.jpg

[spoiler=Effect]

Target 1 Level 4 or lower "Fairy Tales" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it. During your Main Phase: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; this turn, you can Normal Summon a "Fairy Tales" monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) You can only use each of these effects of "Water of Life" once per turn.

[spoiler=Spinning Wheel Spindle]bpQzydI.jpg

[spoiler=Effect]

You can discard 1 "Fairy Tales" monster, then target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; destroy it. You can only use this effect of "Spinning Wheel Spindle" once per turn. Destroy this card during your opponent's 3rd Standby Phase after activation.

[spoiler=Gold Moon Coins]SBp0wlW.jpg

[spoiler=Effect]

Discard 1 card; add 1 Level 5 or higher "Fairy Tales" monster from your Deck to your hand. During your Main Phase, except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; 1 Level 5 or higher "Fairy Tales" monster you Normal Summon this turn can be Summoned without Tributing.

I can pretty much say that Fairy Tales went from being a gimmick Deck to being a legitimate Archetype with these changes.

(Too bad Konami won't print them, likely due to copyright things on Disney's end or something; though I'm certain the fairy tales were around longer than they have, so that really shouldn't be a problem.)

I'll just grade the monsters so far, then work on S/T at a later time.

--------------

Cinderella summons her carriage out when Summoned (by any method). Certainly that 300 ATK isn't going to get her anywhere in terms of damage; unless said carriage gives her the power for direct attacks. If she does hit, opponent gets weakened up and should it die later on, she strengthens up a bit from the sapped points.

Carriage on its own grants a free draw (assuming Cinderella gets it out or some other method) + direct attacking abilities. Though, since you did allow the other Fairy Tales to attack directly as well with this, it worries me when it gets to the higher Levels, especially since +2K damage isn't fun to take. That, and it is a soft OPT [although I don't exactly foresee you having 2 on the field for the most part).

Forest Wolf is a good beater at Level 3, and certainly take out a few monsters before it Tributes itself to SS Fairy Tales (or the opponent kills it with a stronger monster).

Although, you know that the equipped monsters will clog your S/T zones, but you can still get about maybe 1-2 monsters out before this goes.

Tom Thumb makes it easier to Tribute Summon Globerman/Hexe Trude, and allows an extra NS; provided you SS it somehow (likely from Forest Wolf or one of the Spell Cards).

That'll help them keep field advantage to an extent.

I'm a little iffy on Seven Kids drawing 3 cards from the Deck after you recover 4 of them, to be honest.

While granted, it does help you recycle used Fairy Tales for use later on, cutting it to 2 sounds more fair. Or we can go the Pot of Riches route, and just have you bounce back 3 of them, so you have an easier time triggering this when needed. The OPT is fine though.

Little Red floats after she gets creamed (though it has to be another Fairy Tale), and can tutor the higher Levels to her hand. This one is nice, and can provide you ease of access to stuff when needed.

Iron Hans brings out Knight, which also sets up for a Rank 4 Xyz if you want to go that path.

Knight is an MST when SSed, and is similar to Juragedo, but you can Tribute another Level 4 or lower Fairy Tale, and not just itself).

Spell/Trap pops are nice. Although yes, multiple copies can be a pain in the neck to deal with if SSed by the support cards (but then again, multiple MST plays still exist).

Globerman punishes SS-heavy Decks by allowing him to punch through them all, and pierce at the same time. The half-damage effect is needed, otherwise he'd be causing more OTKs than necessary. But he also tutors stuff when he goes, so again that also helps.

Hexe Trude has an Armades-esque effect when it battles, which is nice for blocking hand traps and other stuff, so you'll essentially get free kills on stuff most of the time.

Although much like stuff with an Armades clause, that should be used carefully. I'd probably change it to just be on either player's turn, but not both (you can choose which one you think suits her best). Right now, this one triggers when she either attacks or the opponent dares to strike her; that doesn't sit too well, especially given she is capable of reaching 3-4K ATK (with kills); of course, Pendulums exist, so they'll stop her from boosting.

(Recent cards in Advanced had that kind of clause, although out of fairness, the threat levels that they were designed for are much higher than in this section.)

-----

I'll save Thorn for later.

Archived