A Synchro Support for Spirit Monsters

WaffleCone

*Edit: Changed to Spirit sub-type as advised, played around with effect/requirements to make more usable (kinka-byo should be great for summoning it)

Offers Spirit Monsters an Ultimate-Offering-esque effect to help them get out on the field, or help get out the larger spirits, something Spirits currently have a lot of difficulty doing. Limits Summons to only spirits to focus on that support, and avoid abuse.

FhvEyFX.jpg

Lore: 1 Spirit Tuner + 1 non-Tuner monster

When this card is Summoned: Return the Synchro Material Monsters used to Summon this card to the hand. You cannot Summon monsters, except Spirit monsters. During the End Phase of the turn this card is Synchro Summoned; Return it to the Extra Deck. You can reveal this card in your Extra Deck: target 1 Spirit monster you control; its Level becomes 1, also it is treated as a Tuner monster this turn. You can only use this effect of "Shinkai" once per turn. During your Main Phase: You can pay 500 LP; Normal Summon 1 extra Spirit monster.

Considering how troublesome spirit monsters are as a whole in their summoning antics and returning to the hand problem, this card can give incredible speed if you have the right Spirit monsters in your hand. The first effect also allows you to get over the trouble of high leveled spirit monsters in order to get it but the main problem is that the card is assuming that you have a Spirit monster already in play ,which might've eaten up your normal summon, and that you need a LV 1 tuner monster to get this card in play. Maybe change the card around the effects of making the Spirit Monsters stay on the field while also making this card stay on the field as making this card return to the extra deck while having O ATK and DEF is kind off horrible.

Anyways, nice thinking in giving Spirit Monsters support.

Shinkai lets you normal Summon additional monsters even if you've already normal Summoned a monster to get it out, and it can even use its effect to tribute Summon a tribute monster using itself as a tribute, and if you did tribute it, its disappearance from the field allows you to XYZ or Synchro or whatever else you desire with the Spirits you've Summoned beforehand. I didn't want its effect to stop Spirits from returning to the hand, as I consider that their most defining characteristic. I can definitely see the card being difficult to repeatedly Summon or get a lot of use out of, but don't see any good way to buff it at the time.

I like the thought of this card, and I think I can see some of the things you were going for with it. One thing I might suggest is a Level changing effect in the hand ala "Cost Down" or other such cards, that way you still make the Spirit monster Level 1 thus making this card easier to summon, but it also accommodates for the higher Level Spirit monsters if you don't have enough in hand to Normal Summon using this card's second effect and then tribute them to get out. Also, seeing as how "Shaddoll Falco" is both a Flip Monster and a Tuner, and "Luster Pendulum, the Dracoslayer" is both a Pendulum and a Tuner, plus all the Tuner Synchro Monsters, I'm pretty sure you could just put the Spirit monster clause as a just another typing.

An example of what I'm saying.

Shinkai

(Level 2/LIGHT/Fairy-Type/Synchro/Spirit/ATK 0/DEF 0)

1 Tuner + 1 non-Tuner Spirit monster

You cannot Summon monsters, except Spirit monsters. During the End Phase of the turn this card was Synchro Summoned: Return it to the Extra Deck. You can reveal this card in your Extra Deck and 1 Spirit monster in your hand; for the rest of this turn, the Level of that Spirit monster in your hand becomes 1 (even after it is Summoned). You can only use this effect of "Shinkai" once per turn. During your Main Phase: You can pay 500 LP; Normal Summon 1 Spirit monster.

As of yet, I have not thought of a good fix that would make this card more easily Summoned, but I wouldn't want to remove the returning to the Extra Deck because that fits the flavor of Spirit monsters. Maybe you could invent a Tuner Spirit monster that works with this card?

Archived