Pots of Draw power

infinitysqrd

It has been a while since my last batch of custom cards, and lately I've been reviewing some of the draw power cards, namely the "Greed" archetype and the Pot of _____ cards and how obscure some of their names are. Anyways long story short here are a few of my card ideas to add to the list.

Pot of Patience: Spell Potential rarity Secret

After activation chose on of the following effects.

• .Draw one card and if you do banish this card and all copies of Pot of Patience in your graveyard
  • .Send this card to the graveyard. During your Draw Phase if this card is in your graveyard draw an additional card for each copy of Pot of Patience, then banish all copies of Pot of Patience from your graveyard. You can only use 1 "Pot of Patience" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

Pot of LuciditySpell Potential rarity Super

Banish the top card of your deck face down. During your next draw phase add it to your hand. You can only activate one Pot of Lucidity per turn.

Pot of Emptiness:​ Spell Potential rarity Ultra

If you have no cards in your graveyard and no cards in your hand, you can send the top card of your deck to the graveyard then, draw two cards. You cannot Special summon the turn you activate this card you can only activate one Pot of Emptiness per turn.

Jar of Insurance : Trap Potential rarity Common

If this face-down card is destroyed by an opponents card effect draw two cards.

Seal of Greed: Continuous Spell Potential Rarity Ultimate

The player that controls has more total cards in their hand and their side of the field, cannot add card to their hand except by drawing them during their Draw Phase. Destroy this card after the third Standby Phase of activation.

Idol of Greed: (ERRATA) Dark Rock LV 4 0 ATK 1000 DEF Potential Rarity Secret

During each of your Standby phases, place one Greed counter on this card. When this card has two Greed counters, you can remove all Greed counters from this card, draw one card for every two counters on this card. If this card would be destroyed you can remove One Greed Counter from this card instead. You can only control one face up Idol of Greed at a time.

Any feed back is much appreciated  

I actually fancy this entire concept of time-delayed card advantage, since it offers draw power without fueling the Library FTK that wants instant gratification.

That said, I'm not sitting easy with Pot of Patience's first effect, since it would inevitably become the 4th Upstart. Few will even think of trying the second effect.

Pot of Emptiness looks incredibly difficult to work with. I suppose it's meant to combo with Localized Tornado, but even then...

Jar of Insurance is cute, but is ultimately marred by relying on the opponent blindly MSTing things.

Idol of Greed is too fragile to stay on the field long enough to make a difference. I'd rather run Shard of Greed.

I actually fancy this entire concept of time-delayed card advantage, since it offers draw power without fueling the Library FTK that wants instant gratification.

That said, I'm not sitting easy with Pot of Patience's first effect, since it would inevitably become the 4th Upstart. Few will even think of trying the second effect.

Pot of Emptiness looks incredibly difficult to work with. I suppose it's meant to combo with Localized Tornado, but even then...

Jar of Insurance is cute, but is ultimately marred by relying on the opponent blindly MSTing things.

Idol of Greed is too fragile to stay on the field long enough to make a difference. I'd rather run Shard of Greed.

To be honest as much as I dislike the archetype I kind of made Pot of Patience for lightsworn users or people that use reasoning, Bubble man was sort of an insperation for Emptiness, Insurance is sort of a gimick card Artifact Durandel could be used with or to bait out those who MST without thinking,  and I see what you mean Idol, but I didn't know how much Attack or Defense to give it so 0 seemed viable to balance out its draw power, perhaps 0 ATK and 1000 DEF would be better

Consider how you need to keep Idol of Greed on the field for 4 turns to even get 1 card. And that's 4 of your turns. In today's game state where monsters have low life expectancy, 4 of your turns might as well be an eternity, especially for a monster with no ATK. Either speed up the rate at which it gathers Greed Counters, or give it an effect that prevents it from simply being run over.

Archived