Orgoth the Relentless

gmaster1991

Enz5lf7.jpg

When a card or effect is activated that requires a dice roll: Declare 1 number from 1 to 6; that card or effect is treated as if that number was the result of the dice roll. While you control a Field Spell, this card cannot be targeted by card effects.

In a nutshell, this basically prevents you from 'losing' in a dice roll (unless you do so deliberately).  Keep in mind that the 'dice manipulation' is mandatory, so an opponent's "Clear Wing Synchro Dragon" can murder this thing, double its own ATK, and probably murder you.  Frankly, I'm not even sure this card's that competitively useful.  There might be a rogue Deck that could make this thing work...

Just for the record, Clear Wing Synchro Dragon doesn't require a dice roll, so this card won't trigger it.

In fact, most of the dice cards that exist nowadays aren't competitively viable (Sixth Sense exists, but that's banned); maybe bar Snipe Hunter or something, if he still matters.

I suppose you can use it so Snipe doesn't tank on a 1 / 6 or something else, but that's it.

That, or screw your opponent's rolls.

----------

Targeting protection from Field Spells is nice though, but yeah it requires that a Field exists (although it has a bit more chance of pulling it off due to the new rule on Fields).

There are a few common Decks that do use utilize one (or you can just tech your own), but yeah I don't see too much.

Ah!  Perhaps I wasn't clear enough...  What I meant was that due to the way that Orgoth's effect was written, it is a mandatory effect.  If a 'dice' effect goes off, Orgoth must activate it's effect, and if it does so when the opponent controls "Clear Wing Synchro Dragon", it can use it's effect to negate Orgoth's and destroy it.

Unless...  Hold on, does Orgoth's effect 'activate' in a way that it chains to the dice effect, or does it simply modify the dice effect itself without 'activating'?  If the latter is true, then "Clear Wing Synchro Dragon" is not really a problem for it (aside from the identical ATK).

Archived