BlackBeartic

First things first, how the HELL have we not had a thread on this amazing series yet. I looked on forum search and didn't find anything pertaining to this (if there is a hot thread hit me up and link me. Also close this if that's the case).

Now personally, I'm pretty sheet at the game, but I love everything about it. Especially the music.

As for now we can discuss some stuff about the game before I start dropping Byakuren into everything :)

I have literally never heard about this before ever. Ever.

Describe it a bit? Maybe I would be interested. (Please/Thank you)

I'm not sure if you've heard of the genre but they're a series of Bullet Hell games

Pretty much you're trying to dodge a bunch of stuff and defeating enemies on screen. Galaga on crack maybe? There's all kinds of bullet hell games and touhou is one of them.

P.S Touhou has some of the best songs EVER.

It's been ages since we have a thread to discuss general Touhou stuffs, but we always have threads for new game releases, and there's a semi-active thread for the music in, well, Music subsection.

Anyway f*** clownpiece; f***er ruined my hard 1cc attempt yesterday.

Clownpiece is a major component to me not ever being able to 1cc it on anymode (well maybe easy but...)

She's so adorable tho

DDC extra weren't that bad actually. Probably one of the easier extra stages, though it's still harder than lolsuwako.

Also, Yuyuko is one of the best final boss battle in touhou imo. the fight is just the best mix of fun and challenging, and that final stretch of the fight is just breathtaking. Not to mention the patterns are absolutely beautiful to look at compared to other final boss outside of Byakuren.

DDC extra weren't that bad actually. Probably one of the easier extra stages, though it's still harder than lolsuwako.

Also, Yuyuko is one of the best final boss battle in touhou imo. the fight is just the best mix of fun and challenging, and that final stretch of the fight is just breathtaking. Not to mention the patterns are absolutely beautiful to look at compared to other final boss outside of Byakuren.

I love Byakuren's butterfly thing.

So godlike and so much better than miko's leaf thing XD.

Speaking of pattern beauty i'm almost positive Yuyuko wins in that department without much contest. All her spells are amazing

harder than lolsuwako.

I agree 1,000,000,000,000,000% with the second statement.

As for the first, I've heard Flandre, Koishi, and Yukari are WAY WORSE than Suwako.

well duh

Flan and Koishi is probably the hardest extra stage bosses of Windows era (so not counting bullshit like Sigma or Gengetsu), while Yukari's a Phantasm boss, though she's actually easier than the aforementioned two. lolsuwako's probably the easiest of the extra stages imo.

Hecatia's fight is...kinda close to Flan and Koishi, but the stage portion is definitely easier than the two.

well duh

Flan and Koishi is probably the hardest extra stage bosses of Windows era (so not counting bullshit like Sigma or Gengetsu), while Yukari's a Phantasm boss, though she's actually easier than the aforementioned two. lolsuwako's probably the easiest of the extra stages imo.

Hecatia's fight is...kinda close to Flan and Koishi, but the stage portion is definitely easier than the two.

I can't help but adore Hecatia's dialogue.

Makes me wonder how the hell she got stuck with a friend like Junko

• 2 weeks later...

The music is what has me interested in the lore, but definitely not the game. funk that.

I've been meaning to read manga on it, but surprise surprise I don't feel like it. Nyeh.

[spoiler=Though am I weird for discovering Touhou after looking up the source to this?]

well duh

lolsuwako is also the only Extra Boss who has a blind spot in one of her spells

imo Koishii's the hardest

The music is what has me interested in the lore, but definitely not the game. f*** that.

I've been meaning to read manga on it, but surprise surprise I don't feel like it. Nyeh.

[spoiler=Though am I weird for discovering Touhou after looking up the source to this?]

Hehe... that's odd.

And everyone talking about how where these extra bosses rank at while i'm over here struggling for a 1cc on normal XD.

How do you people get so good again?

ALSO

234saa.jpg

<3 <3 <3

Hehe... that's odd.

And everyone talking about how where these extra bosses rank at while i'm over here struggling for a 1cc on normal XD.

How do you people get so good again?

ALSO

234saa.jpg

<3 <3 <3

memorization, just dying over and over again, until figure out where not to go

Koishi's easily the hardest. Only real challenger to that throne is Flandre and in retrospect none of her stuff compare to Genetics of the Subconscious.

f*** that card.

her lie detector card, or whatever it is is so fun tho

Determination, mainly. and a dash of masochism can help

If you die, try again and again until you succeed. Don't let the game beat you. Touhou is easier after practice. Reading patterns is one of the big necessity here compared to instinctive dodging (bar some cases).

Anyway still at 500+ death in poindevice lunatic LoLK qq, will probably try again more this weekend to see if I can drop that to below 50 before I attempt a 1cc.

Archived