Seth Plays Pokémon Platinum Nuzlocke

Sethera

NGtRMyq.png

Hello people, and welcome to Sethera's screenshot let’s play of Pokémon Platinum nuzlocke! Yes that’s a mouthful, so let’s just call it Seth Plays Plat or something, I don’t know. SPP. Uh, yes I know I have another blog already but this idea just wouldn’t let me go. So I decided to start a new blog as well (with the great doge in the sky's permission, of course). This one is all about the pictures, though.

Now, most of you think video when you think "let's play" and that's fine. I've made some video LPs before, and they're cool and easy to make. But I wanted to try my hand at screenshotting, plus I'm a bit shy with showing my voice here. Also, I think Pokémon is a game that translates well to screenshots. But I'll be recording a few gifs so you'll be seeing some animation as well.

[spoiler=Nuzlocke Settings]

Now, on to the nuzlocke portion. This will be a vanilla run. For those unfamiliar with nuzlockes:

1. You can only capture the first Pokémon you encounter in each new area you explore.
  2. If one of your Pokémon faints, you must release it. It is dead.
  3. (Not technically an official rule, but widely encouraged) You must nickname everything.

However, I'm also using the dupe clause--If your first encounter in a route is a Pokemon you've caught before, you can ignore it and try to instead catch the second Pokémon you encounter. If that is also a dupe, you can try for a third, but if that is also a dupe, you cannot catch any Pokémon on that route at all. This is to prevent my team from filing up with Bidoof. I've nuzlocked without that clause, but for the purpose of this LP, I think you guys would rather see a varied team than an all Bidoof team.

I'm using these settings as well:

EtaxV3a.png

So, um, yeah, I think that's all I have to say for now. First update will be up later tonight.

Thanks Cosmo, I'll need it. I never actually made it all the way through this game, so we'll see how that goes.

Okay, first part up!

BCsPBsP.png

1: Kenny Dies

[spoiler=Part 1]

So I'm not going to be posting screenshots of the intro that plays before the title screen pops up. You guys can watch that here.

Music

OvR8m49.pngDeLmmkL.png
Familiar words greet us in the blackness.

zVL2OHX.pngLxnGuEt.png
However, an unfamiliar person! At least for those of us new to the Diamond/Pearl/Platinum triad. His profession should be familiar though.

geAZ5EM.png
I'm pretty sure every professor says this in some form or another at the beginning.

ZUwbFsd.pngBTwQ47J.gif
So Rowan proves to us all that he can look badass even with a fluffy little bunny hopping at his side.

lIUapB3.pngydk4uAu.png work together. 35bkstK.png closer bonds with them.

TNHvQLQ.png7nkOaOw.png
Where do you get the money for that? Do grants exist in this world? Does it even matter?

yxznPI9.pngW6AxvUj.png
Well, this question was already resolved in another thread. And I can't say I'm that surprised. Dat peacoat, amirite? ;)

7JXpZsx.png60q3jpY.pngM4iH6Rl.png
Hera is the latter half of my name. Fun fact, my username was chosen completely randomly, and yet as time passed, I found a lot of meaning in it. For instance, the fact that it's comprised of two deities: Set+Hera. I guess I could have used Leafeon, but that would've gotten confusing later on, especially against trainers using that Pokémon.

bvRfng6.pnga1iMKaB.png
Thank you.

5NYcbPC.png9bN28ad.png
Le gasp! It's my epic best friend and rival combined! The only name for a person this crazy could be...

hdNerQp.png
Yes. The dreaded lord of cowcows everywhere.

76qKQcy.pngSQUS0C6.pngHFxw6U1.pngpA2AvXB.png something about yourself.

Pb6qMr7.pngs53RfT8.gif
All right, I'm leaping. Actually, I'm shrinking. Crap.

Music
MHMSmwM.pngrJhFCEg.pngxdJmwHt.pngrGVVZp1.png
So I kind of zoned off during that, but I'm sure whatever he said couldn't have been too important. He couldn't have been talking to me through the screen or some such craziness.

Music
aYz5h6z.gifcj8Vzdt.png
Where else would I be? Outside? Nah, I have my prized laptop in here, after all, which I can use to read manga or go on YCM.

wAiFGDk.png
You know I'm not a television person. I only started watching this channel because you kept bugging me about it.

cGuq929.pngAAJtcne.pngMq83Ca8.png
Why would he give Pokémon to random strangers? That kind of seems like a dumb idea... :/

VpyWdqJ.pngQLQc2WL.pngOyPWo4N.png
To be honest, this is actually more like how I behave rather than Cow. Actually, I'm probably closer to Barry in personality period than he is. He looks more like him though.

rqdRnmz.pnguFCTrTR.pngeZPY804.png
Wait, when did we decide this? I don't remember agreeing to this! And you know I don't have that much money.

Music
pv9oDZ7.png
Okay while Cow goes zipping around, I'm going to read my wall poster. Nice, isn't it? ...Dang it, I need to get better decor.

adbPq4V.pnggYijlpj.pngbgE5mE6.png
Well, that's how I am he is, Mom. You've known me him for, what, fourteen years now? Or however old we are. I have no clue.

xnJCzj2.pngM5uRjPm.pngBpnShFi.png
Ugh, I don't know what you see in all this sparkly glittery crap, Mom. Dang it, I just know I'll be the one doing all the housework when Dancing with the Stars comes on next week.

M5BtAqe.pngSbK7wI6.png
"We don't want another incident like what happened with young Kenny last year. I swear, I'll never look at a Bidoof the same way again."

kR5jAWO.pngX7kXvxE.png
Yes, I know, Mom. We've gone over this before. You want me to become a trainer, and I want to become a professor. We'll never agree on this subject.

2V76Sey.pngDsyhbaU.png
There seems to be a guy like this in every Pokémon starting town. It's a tradition, I guess.

nXiDpmo.pnghSU6jPY.pngFQt7vl2.png
"Rowan's return is the most interesting thing to hit this town all year besides the crop circle I found last month."

BflEOZJ.png
Twinleaf Town. Population: 10. A Podunk town out in the middle of nowhere with people that have nothing better to do than talk about what's on TV.

hveglQM.png
"Your memory will serve as a warning to us all, Kenny."

Anyway, let's mosey on over to Cow's house...

Music

KD3MtJh.gif80dUPYN.pngkplvpVH.png
Ouch.

UGWzcGY.png8dcLGYs.gif5p56qIL.png
My forehead still hurts...

Music

KJruLrm.pngx1GrVH6.png8fOZl3y.png
Actually, he can sit very still for long periods of time, being a cow. But he's pretending he's a monkey now, so we'll just go along with it.

Upstairs...
qcMBYwG.png
But we're just walking to Sandgem Town. Why would you need all that?

kbfWPym.pngvnCZGZT.png1AiUjst.gif
...Why did I come up here again?

t8qO7eu.pngdDMDYpZ.pngkzqJ315.png
Because I'm lazy, that's why.

Music
7rSYqfZ.png
Oh hey, there he is. And it's starting to get dark, wonderful. You know there's a curfew, right?

FffClLp.png
Oh true. You'd be there and back again long before nightfall.

hiW8zCT.png
Fine with me. However...

wIGKukT.pngLlAUjAQ.png No worries! No problem!
Actually, there is a problem...you remember what happened to Kenny, right?

3ViXRz3.pngyVmczku.png
Oh boy, I gotta hear this.

5bXv78B.png
Uh-huh.

66Df8mY.png wild Pokémon can appear! 2wapxof.png wild Pokémon!
Uhh...I'm skeptical on the logic of this solution. You want to avoid running into wild Pokémon...by running through the tall grass?

bHehas7.pngEEdoe9N.png
Can we not do this, please and thank you?

hzlTMIg.gif
Who is that?

Music
gzowU8r.gif
Scary old man alert! Mayday, Mayday! Abort mission!

6NBPrIb.pngqp8jG7p.png
Uhh...

2heiSHZ.pngJkmisr6.pngsqEzjad.png
Me: ...

zJ0fZMj.png4FlunFH.png
He's here to prevent us from getting killed. Plot armor. You should know, considering IFNH.

blnJg2o.pngP6EyV3O.pngvqrG4Zv.png
What are you mumbling about over there?

GaSYqPC.png
Not so sure now after what happened to Kenny.

FIkYk1Z.pngG5qMqFJ.png
Okay, okay! Yes, yes I love Pokémon!

ovVnCZ6.png
I know you do. You're the captain of the SSS, after all.

GqanDz8.png8HypMGq.pngIjCeer2.png
Yeah, they're pretty dope. Aside from being murderous killing machines, that is.

VLaCMo7.png without Pokémon of their own...? Q1wQfT1.png
Oh, snap. What you gonna do now, Cow? Your brilliant plan seems to be failing.

qqPKym3.pngqlDusJP.pngQ7CrzXf.png
Uh...no thanks. You're the one that wants to be a trainer. I just want to be a professor.

54LVqD2.pngRX58CQn.pngqU1cyWN.png
Whaaaaat?!

LDTzPpV.png
Wait, what's going on now? We're getting Pokémon?!

DAOFT5f.png
Oh sheesh, I knew it. We're gonna have to pay him the big bucks.

m2bvXNj.png
...Or that, too.

Music
qsmVd6a.pnghqlLvoF.gifVzdJ5y0.png
Me: Oh, hello there. Where can I find a beret like yours?
Lucas: Heya. They're at the local Mart in Sandgem.
Me: I'll have to get one then. We don't have much of a selection here in Twinleaf, after all. There're only crappy ones that look like bug nets.
Rowan: Er-hem!
KNDR30V.pngf8erFdr.png
"As they’ve proven more trustworthy than the average Sneasel."

4UgPU98.pngMwE8LRn.png
Hey! What happened to our hat solidarity, bro? >:T

5sHcWNU.pnghza1aP2.pngtPIBJzc.png
"Also, I don't want their deaths on my conscience."

dxo7r1J.pngryFs6hU.pngSMZwRVZ.png
I can't keep straight faces period, so you're ahead of me there.

MrDZCOm.png
Why?

LrHmgOo.png
We're fourteen! There's still a ways to go till we reach adulthood. But fine, I'll pick first.

Music
jZghtZ5.gifWAfkjwR.pngevJpJfO.png
Let's go over the choices...

Bl3wDRn.png
Turtwig is a Pokémon with high HP, Attack, and Defense, but it suffers from poor speed. Which makes sense, since it's a tortoise. It eventually evolves into the world tortoise, making its evolved form the most badass of the three in my opinion. It eventually gets a ground typing added to it, which makes it just that much better.
Cow: You better not pick Turtwig...

XHCfpVP.png
Chimchar is rather balanced with its stats, but is the fastest of the three starters. It's got decent attack and special attack, but is quite fragile. It gains the fighting type as soon as it evolves, and can then pack quite a punch against most Gyms. Not to mention, Infernape is really cool, even if its pre-evolutions look a bit goofy.
Cow: The typing is useful for Sinnoh, but I never got attached to it like I did Turtwig.

MWb5p7p.png
Piplup is my favorite of the three, mainly because it's a cute little penguin. Fairly high defenses and special attack. Gains the steel typing after it hits its final form, allowing it to resist multiple move types. Will have the hardest time with Gyms, which sucks because this is the starter I'm going with. I used RANDOM.ORG and it chose Piplup.
Cow: It's cute...suits your personality too.
Me: Excuse me?

YWQnlbe.png
"It's what I wanted anyway."

6ZwQQHL.pngxFZ2Pnu.pngNSpympt.pngZwwB2Qp.pngsaEim35.pngSTEHUaZ.png
Thank you very much for the speech and the Pokémon, Mister.

Hbfs0WH.png34ztbim.png
You better be sorry, you traitorous fellow hat-lover.
Fun fact: I don't actually wear hats, but I love seeing them on other people.

mersRqY.pngJt90Kdr.png
He seemed that way in real life too, though. Did you see the way he glared at us?

PnhoTUV.pngrgsi54y.png
No. But we might as well...

dOQHHvb.pngNEKQerX.png
Get to it already, ya drama queen.

hiYpAgh.png
k

Music
GIQnuiw.gif
Sheesh, you're sure taking this monkey phase seriously.

BlSMENs.pngVUcbtoP.png
The Penguin versus Leonardo! Who will be the victor?!

zyPN6F1.png
SLAP HIM SILLY WITH YOUR STUBBY LITTLE WINGS, PENGUIN MAN!

tWYFNBO.png
Hey, that's cheating! ...Oh, I guess it isn't.

z4rFEsA.png
Not really. Mr. Penguin has crappy physical attack, apparently.

A few wing slaps later...
zrEbPhB.png6vzfO2v.png
You've been using that move for most of the fight, you know.

Music
a0IR8uL.pngVNrpSYU.png
And I won!

Music
mndEhKA.pngqlVU209.pngOJUidjp.png
Yeah, see ya Cow. And see ya, folks. I think this is a good place to stop.

[spoiler=Status]

Team:

piplup.png

Um...so yeah, tell me what you think, especially about the length. Was it too short, too long? I've never done a screenshot LP before so any feedback on that would be welcome.

I think it was a pretty good length to be honest. It's best to try to get to certain milestones rather than worry about length.

And that was amusing. Of course I'm the rival and to everything you said involving me "hush XP "

YAY I GET TURTWIG :D

But I lost. Guess cause I'm so shy and...withdrawn

Anywho! Good stuff and good luck. ^^

"SLAP HIM SILLY WITH YOUR STUBBY LITTLE WINGS, PENGUIN MAN!" Best line.

And the first post "Like" is for "great doge in the sky"

• 3 weeks later...

BCsPBsP.png
2: Things are picking up speed...slowly

Sorry it's been such a long time. I don't know, I've been feeling unmotivated lately. But I'm forcing myself to be more productive outside of real life stuff, so yeah.

[spoiler=Part 2]

Music
BnzuCF8.png
Well, we almost got killed and then a crazy old man gave us a penguin and a turtle and then my penguin slapped the turtle till it got knocked out. Yeah, same old, same old.

pXyxPhb.pngBC1lq17.pngW9WLcU6.png
Gb9wE3x.png
This game is a lot darker than some of the others. Aside from the Pokédex entries, of course. Those are almost always dark.

6UVUHFT.pngC2Xmnlc.pngsYmJJSe.png
Yeah, true. I have a slap-happy penguin to defend me now.

QEp9UrY.png9mV9KX0.png8002kay.png
Thanks for the new shoes, Mom! I couldn't run right in my busted old sneakers.

3zGNzNp.png2VfKKYW.pngKUgf9h7.pngturYlEK.png
Nike brand for sure. Can I go now? Cow is probably there already.

Also forgot to show it earlier but:
o3sEBrY.png
This is mah trainer card. I look pretty nifty despite being a girl here. Would've preferred a different hat though.

Anyway, let's catch up with Cow...
Music
NnJsRNX.png
Sorry, I was talking to my mom. :(

UcqKvVm.png
Oh, boy. Another great idea from the lord of cowcows.

sc4BuBb.pngjEafUm3.pngb1izQlL.png
Okay, first you wanted to avoid wild Pokémon by running through the tall grass, and now you want to capture a legendary with a level 6 Piplup and a level 5 Turtwig. Do you not hear yourself?

CzIwEZN.png
More like he'll get an apoplexy from your carelessness.

CkGbi3a.png
That's sweet, but...

zy3tzeF.png
Gdi, why am I going along with this? >_<

WTZi5m4.pngjX76klj.png Emotion. fSWQQMV.png
This sounds powerful, Cow. A bit too powerful to just mess around with. Let's go home.

p8XcW96.pnglo2vjaw.png5ty7lww.png
Let's uh...let's not and say we did?
Note: Lake Verity is one of the three main Sinnoh lakes. It means "truth" such as to verify something.

Music
lxzghc0.png
What do you mean what's going on?

NIXNaeJ.pngXojcnXa.pngdQ70ZLF.png
Oh, yeah. The weirdo over there. Let's just ignore him until he goes away.

u63rQTx.png
Oh sh*t he's coming this way! D:

lA1HA4x.png
Yes, sir. Psst, Cow, get out of the way!

tSCQer1.pngBHYLILq.png
Sheesh, one track mind. Another thing that's more like me than him.

BCzkX6c.png

G9Y6y5M.png
Uh...yeah, I did. It sounded pretty, actually.

VhQkSxZ.pngsVkhzRU.pngvn2GkRo.png
Huh, what? What's wrong? Need a bathroom break?

4aSsNiG.pnglPmhkc8.png4nMPn9K.png
Oh yeah, right. We don't. Well, huh, guess that's that plan scuppered.

MxzeJ6K.png
Why are you asking me? How the heck should I know?

Igfpusg.png4tap411.png
I...guess, yeah. We could probably just buy those at the Mart, though. I mean, I've got some money and I know you have some too from your dad.

s07u3NL.pngNr9bgMB.png
Can I forfeit now?

Music
Okay, so now that that's over with, I can finally explore Route 201. Been dying to do that for a while now.
Enaozlz.pngxHAaByP.png2hJQrsD.png
Ah, yes. The dreaded tall grass.

xGnJvaS.pngzSDjAmZ.png6XIIkyn.png
But what if I'm shy? :T

Okay, let's talk to this random girl.
qEtBL9E.png0jx60Kw.png
Oh, um...thanks I guess.

Music
TdHeb06.png
And we encounter our first Pokémon! Sadly we don't have any balls, so we can't catch it, but we can still gain experience by battling it. And therefore avoid Kenny's fate.
Seth: Bidoof is Sinnoh's iteration of the small mammalian normal type. Like the others, it is fairly strong early on but weakens mid to late-game. However, its evolution, Bibarel, is fairly useful with its unique typing and ability to be used as an HM slave. I used to dislike it, but I've gotten a soft spot for it ever since playing Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky.
Cow: Bidoof is awesome. But it sucks. But it's awesome.

Music
WRc56MQ.png
Um...okay? What are you trying to sell?

SMN3Edo.png6TKfGaW.png
Not by nuzlocke rules, Mister. :')

LXGuHr5.pngAyZf1zY.pngK6fiM5T.pngj3LyjIg.png
Oh, thanks!

l6FL4bL.png
Yes, that's where I'm headed. To buy Poké Balls to catch the Pokeymanz. Why I'm doing this when I should be studying to get into a good Pokéversity, I don't know.

r22nloD.png
Hey, almost there!

iv6jxqJ.png
Oh okay, thanks for the info.

Music
x4tYAnu.png
Oh, hey, it's the traitor.

0M3Acr8.png
What if I don't feel like it? :T

S4tL7x8.png
Ugh, fine.

jQU2eeo.png
Looks like a regular building to me. Wouldn't have guessed it was a lab at first glance.

VMOrs80.png

Music
Eqlqsg2.png
Ow, my nose!

ui0q00W.pngkVxqMO2.png
Gdi, Cow.

Z8NQHpA.png3co6Rju.png
Ugh...do what you want.

Music
4WW8pTb.pngN7DEHCn.pngMs4ELKY.png
Yep, he's a busy bee. Got things to do, places to see, I guess. Wonder when he's coming back home, though. It's getting dark.

Music
LGWieNj.png
Hello, Mr. Scary Old Man. Don't hurt me, please.

8Dqddzh.png
Oh okay.

H2Ed6Uh.pngQfexxcl.png
What, what? Did I do something wrong? :O

6pkzvEl.pngSMVNGJE.png
Hm! Hm hm hm!

K9laLLG.png
Yeah that's cuz I'm awesome, yo.

9SUK3xe.png
Oh okay sure.

So one thing about my nuzlockes. I use a random name generator to determine any and all names (otherwise I'd run out of nicknames eventually) so yeah we're gonna random this up!

UWH56cF.png
Okay, so like Holden Caulfield from Catcher in the Rye, cool. I got a troubled, cynical penguin, sure.

EpqXEjw.pngmM2KnyB.pngLPWKjUJ.png
Admittedly, that was pretty dumb. Probably should've held Cow back somehow.

sOsLrdV.png
I hope that's a compliment.

uAsoz3g.pngSplWNWP.pngiAma1gC.png
Okay, you're buttering me up for something. What it is, I don't know, but I don't think I've done that much to merit these lavish compliments.

tLfMjgR.png
Oh, there it is. Sure, I'll take care of him. He needs someone there for him while he's going through this rebellious phase.

yHnWq9Y.pngl9ZbLE9.png
Well if I wasn't kind to Pokémon I'm pretty sure Rowan would've taken Holden away, so you don't have to worry about that.

vHr4lt6.png9yW9tYf.png
Oh, taking care of Holden wasn't enough for you, huh? Then again, I suppose having Pokémon is a privilege in this world rather than a chore.

dRxIFIf.pngGKpHIc2.png
Cool. That's what I want to do. Eventually. You know, once I attend Pokéversity. Which is looking like never at this rate.

fryRlY1.png Sinnoh region. 6xxnsmM.pngWled7wk.pngAlltBEb.pngJVs20KV.png
Nah.

cP96PZt.pngPXwqDRk.pngPXwqDRk.pngPXwqDRk.pngPXwqDRk.pngmybKYm8.png
Oh s**t! Nice...uh, glare you have there, sir.

GVY0ODN.pngAlltBEb.pngJVs20KV.png
Sir, yes sir!

Evrarl3.png32CelhC.pngy2dz7vQ.png
Okay, so for all zero of you that have never played Pokémon before, Rowan will explain what this does.

X05FNUY.pngmOyvZGt.png
So yeah, basically it's a database.

3CaFk0V.pngg1UKU0i.png
Me: Hmm all right. I doubt that'll actually happen though.
Rowan: I'll write up a letter of recommendation if you do this.
Me: Sir, yes sir!

z1qww0J.pngrWxeYhg.pngZA6POTs.png
:444816_key:

kSpNHcd.pngsZOqyQM.png
Yeah that's true. Dang, you're getting me excited now!

8PtFRCo.pngamjn9g2.png
Wait, why am I getting a sense of déjà vu right now?

dn1teKZ.png3Avrxjo.pngMeCc0je.png
Da, Comrade.

P2uh1Lx.png
Hello, "Lucas's father."

kQoX0Id.pngSy5eMML.png
What's with the nervous laughter? :|

MPUglG7.pngdMkRZUW.png74DOP9j.png
"It rhymes with Rowan. Isn't that nice? Professor Rowan's just so great."

pfESFhT.png
Okaaay, leaving now.

Music
6EALIjO.pngzxxGPBP.png
Huh?! What?! What is it?

q6T89QR.png
"And no it's not candy. Stop giving me that look."

9gN6AzV.png8dYjXIp.pngbxwH1YB.png a Pokémon. 1sPQODK.png
"Because it's not Gen V yet."

0PCgiLg.pngLBOVVwo.pngjqjrghR.png
Thanks, professor. I might use that. Probably not, though. I tend to not use TMs pre-Gen V.

5MWbEPH.pnghcuJJ5Y.png
I heard he battled alongside Professor Oak in his youth.

edhut88.png
Oh okay cool.

Music
0QHlhK7.pngXGdR2KD.pngPzZ7qRA.png
As a person who has lived in a town with exactly four buildings all my life, this is pretty great. Loving the architecture differences.

6gS1dDs.pngfP4tUxI.png
Oh yeah, that one person told me about this place. He gave me a free Potion.

f8P2ep3.png very much stuff.
So yeah, unlike earlier generations, shops in this game discriminate by badges. The elite get more, and the poor get less kind of thing. Though I guess Gym Leaders also discriminate, so the less badges you have, the easier they'll go on you.

dhMcacK.png3DwycmC.png together his Pokédex.
Oh yeah, true. I should probably do that.

g4GC7T4.pngkMVaYR6.png
What are you, my mother?

kdKX0Bi.pngd0yvOYU.png
Good riddance. :P

aYzmetP.png
Fine fine, I'm healing him.

A short walk later...
Music
rty06iw.pngfqsAzst.png
Wait, no. I already healed him at the Center.

eLwUfSA.png
Well, first of all, you don't need to heal Holden. Second of all, that's his name now. Third of all, I have to do a thing for the professor if I want my letter of recommendation.

MX2yO4O.pngmdAc6Xc.png
Thanks, Mom. :)

QCtwjJC.pngXnlyp5P.png
What? Mom, don't you think I'm a bit old for things like this?

2Ol76Mb.png2CDDiat.png
You're the one that keeps forgetting things, Mom. Not me. Did you forget that too?

NlHsvfn.pngId9QYnP.pngD653lvM.png
Uh...well you could. I mean, you have Jumpy, and she's pretty strong.

YqdDPze.pngFkVxOTX.png
All right then. If you're sure. I guess you still have Jumpy. And don't think I don't know about those picnics with Keira and Fantina.

ARvLUke.pngPG9RaII.png
Living vicariously?

JUA4GCa.pngjfvHbW8.png
...All right. I promise. :)

BXSHjSJ.png
Oh thank Shaymin. It was getting a bit too mushy there for me.

ukEPgRU.pngK5qTWwh.pngK0ryC9r.png What to do... ZmP90fz.pngorWpyvL.pngzlE1Qo8.png
Wait, what? What am I supposed to do? I spaced out for a bit there.

09NjMG1.png
Uh... *gulp* Sure.

R6Fdf5e.pngxbxi7xM.pngGkQNwR8.png
Yeah, sure. I'll probably run into him at some point, anyway. That's how this stuff works.

lvTTJrj.png8KzAYZN.pngXFJsB5P.png
Okay then, sure. Wherever Jubilife City is. Sheesh, I need a map.

XSGC6nO.png
Thanks, Mom. Bye-bye! And bye-bye for real, guys.

[spoiler=Status]

Team:

piplup.png

Holden

Just to clear up any confusion, Mr. Penguin counts as Route 201's catch, since I received it in Route 201. And the nuzlocke has started since the beginning of the game. So if for instance, I had been dumb and let Holden faint at any point before I received Poké Balls (spoiler: it didn't happen) then I would have had to restart because that would have counted as a death.

Other rule I forgot to mention is I'm only allowed to use items five times or less during a battle for extra difficulty. Might reduce it to three times if it seems too easy.

If you guys have any more questions about this LP, be sure to ask. Otherwise I won't know what you're confused about, thanks.

BCsPBsP.png

3: Off to a shady start

[spoiler=Part 3]Last time we left off with this:
XSGC6nO.png

What time is it?
k0atPbs.png

PokéMart
xJkUQea.png
So before I do anything else, I'm gonna go shopping. One thing about buying Poké Balls is that if you buy at least ten of them...
hsv6oGk.png     FD8Jsmg.png
So yeah, that's a thing. They don't do anything. They don't capture Pokémon at a higher rate. They just look nice. I tend to use them for shinies.

Sandgem Town (Day)
HiRI2S1.pngDLKE62N.pngVzkC0Sa.png
So I'm just talking to random NPC villagers and hearing them fanboy about Pokémon.

Ko8EYlJ.png
Sandgem Town
A sandy town that is located right next to a beach. It is redolent with the salty scent of the sea. Prof. Rowan's lab is the town's landmark. He conducts his studies on Pokémon here.

c8agmRv.pngoqZb9Ae.pngrwv9BDO.png
So apparently it's a privilege to own a Pokédex. Who'da thunk? I got something cool for once.

85i7JiL.pngQ8rMKAb.png7lZlcS9.png
Hey, I can be careful! I'm very careful. So careful that I couldn't care less.

nFV8LJ7.pngr0s24F2.pngl2IM7zQ.png
This is Lucas' house, and I end up learning that Rowan's been doing this professor schtick for a while now.

yAXK0LF.pngzrHmDcW.pngBEIDii1.pngven6bud.png
Thanks! Fingers crossed that things go well.

CtimhDC.png
And now I'm in Lucas' room like a creeper. Meh, looks boring. Let's leave.

Route 201 (Day)
PVQwN4a.png
Route 219
A beautiful white-sand beach only five seconds on foot from Sandgem Town. A pleasant breeze flows from the sea.
This is the town beach. I'd go swimming, but it's a bit cold to be doing so.

SuenZQW.png
I do find an Antidote here though, so it wasn't a wasted trip.

IiYOUue.png
I've always loved the whole, "footprints in the sand" thing the series had since Gen III. It's just a nice effect.

Anyway, let's move on to Route 202.
cZpd0bs.png
Route 202
A winding path that twists through grassy fields. Young Trainers like to test their battle skills here.

IEJf8v9.png
Oh, it's you. I was ignoring you.

J1bnbSi.png
You don't need to do that. You really don't.

mBk83L1.pngbNy0GSd.pngILVHfTA.pnggngdJTz.png
So basically Lucas walks us through how to catch a Pokémon. By the way, if you guys had chosen the boy as the player, it'd be Dawn doing all this stuff.

Y338iXP.pngzWnwU9b.png7yPdf3G.png
Well, that makes sense.

seqf75i.pngG4u3zk6.png
Various statuses affect catch rate. It multiplies by 1.5 if the Pokémon is paralyzed, poisoned, or burned, by 2 if they're asleep or frozen. Paralyzing or putting them to sleep are some of the most reliable ways to capture a Pokémon, considering freezing them is a bit hard to plan, and poisoning or burning them has a chance of making them faint if you're not careful.

N2IjZzi.pngIHsmys4.png
Lucas gives me five more Poké Balls. So now I have fifteen. Sweet!

rHA99mf.pngzYS0XVk.pngW7sTsC3.png
FINALLY! Now we can actually do stuff. Like catch Pokémon. This is where the nuzlocke really starts.

Victory! Wild Pokémon
9mEOxFG.png
First catch is...Starly! Do you know I've never actually caught a Starly whenever I've done these nuzlockes? Never. This is shaping up to be interesting...

Td7pOji.png
Seth: Starly are the common bird Pokémon in this region. They are noisy and have a cute little white patch on their face that looks like a clover. Males have a bigger patch than females because bird men like to show off more. Surprisingly strong for a little bird.
Cow: Starly is kinda boring but its evolution is super helpful.

Okay, Random Name Generator. Let's see what name you come up with...
3BaJlbO.png

hitler_2110666b.jpg

Well s**t. This nuzlocke isn't starting off on a good note at all.

q9cTe66.png
Guess I shouldn't judge the name though. I mean, it's not the name's fault that one of its bearers was a colossal *******. And who knows? My Starly might be really nice. Let's check.

C4oLCJb.png9BG7uah.png9bN9oX7.png
So I've got a modest Piplup. Well, Empoleon's more of a special attacker anyway. I'll probably have to teach it Flash Cannon though if I want any chance of it knowing a half-decent steel-type move.

I5je5K2.pngEgPqsfd.pnghQ9jLtj.png
Adolf seems like a klutzy, naive scatterbrained. So yeah, I guess I shouldn't think too much about the name and just go with it. The +Speed's pretty good too.

Continuing, we meet another Pokémon on our way.
AvXBvcL.png
Seth: Shinx is a pretty cute and cool little tyke. It's pretty unusual since electric types usually show up later on in Pokémon games (not counting Pikachu), but makes up for it by taking forever to actually learn any electric moves. Its abilities are fairly useful. Unfortunately, it never does get that good as Luxray is ridiculously slow for a lion, but I still like it.
Cow: Shinx is overrated.

lPWnhUc.pngrzXVgTP.png
So I end up beefing up my Pokémon a bit in preparation for the trainers I'll soon come across. Quick Attack has priority and Bubble is the token beginner water move. Both are useful this early on.

Encounter! Youngster
dfUn9i0.png
Like this guy.

vVNCc6M.pngECtGfbn.png
He had a Starly and that's it. Adolf shows him who's the better Starly with a three-level-advantage. Maybe I didn't need to train him this much...my fault for not checking levels and such ahead of time I guess. Yeah, I'm not using a guide for this at all except to check gym leader levels.

vtGTWYQ.png
Thank you, Captain Obvious.

Encounter! Lass
qwB4ShD.pngafAEWLb.png
So basically whenever a trainer spots you, you'll be forced to battle. Some people like to tiptoe around them in nuzlockes *coughProJaredcough* but I'd rather just battle them all.

M4saST3.png
You get to see Quick Attack in action! And now I'm seeing triple. For those that don't know, multiple "light clones" is basically a method of showing fast movement.

ExKLSiz.pngVl1rmEV.png
And now Adolf learns a super useful move that I did not expect him to get this early. I expected Peck. But I'm perfectly happy with Wing Attack instead, because it's almost twice as strong.

ulhzAm8.png
In your dreams.

3dxLFBy.png
Seth: A Burmy! Burmy are interesting in that they're pretty much the start of gender-based evolution in Pokémon. The Nidoran don't count since they're actually separate Pokémon. Burmy also have "cloaks" that change depending on where they last battled. These cloaks also affect their typing. I'd say the Trash Cloak is probably the most useful, just because steel types are so rare. So yeah, pretty interesting. They kind of look like poop, though.
Cow: Burmy is a silly thing and I like it.

Bmrl2Es.png
I beat the poop-thing.

IGzf4DO.pngNNEjPvS.pngL7iRuk6.png
Continuing the mechanic introduced in Gen II that was missing in Gen III, there is day and night in this game, as you've noticed. They pretty much introduce a new overworld mechanic every generation. Time in Gen II, weather in Gen III, time again in Gen IV, seasons in Gen V, and...uh, yeah I don't think they introduced anything new for Gen VI aside from taking out seasons. But they introduced tons of other features, including Mega Evolution, so I don't care that much.

Q50QZ0s.pngPSNaR4q.png     Dream_Stardust_Sprite.png
Found another Potion and some dust. I don't know what it's used for, but it's bright pink and it sparkles, so it could be valuable.

hec0L1e.png
Hey, traitor.

KNCj85G.pngmb6xXEU.pngaPyMo1C.png
I'm doing a nuzlocke challenge. You probably haven't heard of them because you're too busy being a TRAITOR. Yes, I can hold a grudge like nobody's business.

JuWrPTY.png
I know enough. I was studying to get into Pokéversity, after all. Before I got roped into being an errand girl, that is...

UUrrDhh.pngIbKWmhK.png
No! I don't need it. I don't need it!
...Fine, I'll follow you.

Si913FU.png
What guy?

p0WN4VB.gif
Oh. That guy.

YeYzL6p.pngAOJOwsN.png
Wait, what? International Police? And no, Lucas didn't say anything about that...

IFxKcdt.png
Yeah, exactly. Except you shouldn't talk to shady men like him, Lucas.

ueZN8Me.png
Look, even the game agrees he's shady.

Avx2Xvx.pngpRTJvaQ.png
Okay. Back away. Slowly.

y8gOsVd.pngwooCkOa.png
Keep moving, Lucas. If we do it quickly enough, we can get away from this weirdo.

qWgeVrh.png9yH0biQ.pngjcohOcb.png
Great. He's even made up a code name for himself. I thought I was playing Pokémon, not GoldenEye 007.

AN7dMtH.png
You don't look like much of a looker to me.

Looker's Theme
yN2CHc2.png
No. I've heard "stealing is wrong" though. Is that what you meant?

FLIn82J.pngh6832Zf.png
What is it with the memory jokes here? First my mom, and now you.

bm6Oq92.png
Thank you, Captain Obvious.

VFxcoHl.pngZWndNq8.pngoVsdzY5.png
Wait, what? Criminals? Do we even have local police to take care of them? Or are you all we have? Dear Shaymin, I hope not.

dhxg4w8.pngFkctdS7.png8gDmH9b.png
Cool, I guess.

XLc1CAa.png3wIZcCm.pngSHbNfv2.png
So, uh...you got it just because it was popular? Not because you'd actually use it? That's...never mind. All right, thanks.

l6wqVtJ.pngaKbGRjA.png
Oh okay, easily done.

drlyllJ.png
Make up your mind!

UHWaGVH.pngN6XKzQb.png
Oh, so we'll be your eyes and ears? All right, I'll tell you if I see anything suspicious, I guess.

iHMbXWl.gif
You do know that that makes you look suspicious? Just saying.

B9QPZuz.png
Yeah especially if you're working with loonies like this guy.

26NYSzi.png
Our original destination.

yGSDBDa.png
Oh okay, one more reason to go in, I guess.

3X31v7k.pngcip5PSC.png
See ya!

Jubilife City (Night)
GeFiHNr.png
Jubilife City
The most modernized city in the Sinnoh region. It is bustling with people on the go.
It's also the first big city you come across in this game, so it can be quite a shock to first-time players. I know that I felt shocked when I first came across it, just like I had felt shocked with Saffron City, Goldenrod, and Rustboro before it. There's just something about going from towns to cities that's a little intimidating.

1i16y2H.png
So one thing I've noticed is that when Pokémon talk in the games, they don't say their names. That seems to be an anime-only thing. Pikachu is, of course, the exception to the rule.

cxr0Xpa.pngvoM8orv.png8wvMCKl.png
Yep. We have wondrous and amazing creatures in our world, and what do we do with 'em? We imprison them and force them to fight against each other for our amusement. Humanity at its finest, folks.
Seriously though, there is something a little messed up about that. Thankfully this is a children's game so we don't have to think about that too much. Just like we don't have to think about the fact that Yoshi poops out eggs or the fact that Kirby has a black hole in its stomach. There's no way the games will actually address this concern at any point. Nope, no way.

jC5kKbK.pngLXoqDTj.pngrfWJvX8.png
What if I don't want to?

2iZc5Xb.pngHAUPcru.png
Thanks for the pep talk.

fQQW6NL.png
Yeah it does, really.

zJUnRps.png
Ohoho. Looks like Rowan has a fan in you.

2v5uJLt.png
Yeah I heard he studied with the famous Professor Layton--I mean, Oak.

xHKAdQ0.png

Located here is the Trainers' School. Drop in to study up on the basics of Pokémon.

Okay, that was an informative detour. Let's head into the Trainers' School now.

XvZPRoC.pngSZEpF3p.pngGGK9cZd.png
Basically Pokémon rock-paper-scissors.
Pokemon_1stGen_RPS_8415.jpg

ubeeRYU.png1NFNvWu.png
So I think this is the first time you get to battle in a school. Cool.

Trainer Battle
bnSnxQf.png
You think using an item is going to help you here?

D0UAPyH.png
It's all about skill. Or how good your Pokémon is at blowing bubbles.

QvbjgOw.png
Items schmitems. Though seriously, items are good. Especially hold items.

ov4a2sU.png
Well, yeah. I'm just lucky enough to have been given a super penguin by the professor.

pxVXUFf.pngsXyDn7P.pngz4zkT1y.png
Are you trying to make me let down my guard?

xhMnK3Q.pngAcFbclO.png
Guess not.

AF8BxhR.png
The game really loves to hammer the idea of practical experience > theoretical knowledge into you.

riencCQ.png
Pretty well, you mean.

01ZipQM.png0vuGQqY.png
Oh yeah, I'm tough as nails. Nah, you guys are just even bigger newbies than I am.

aXZ4gJi.png0LC3Iap.png
There's a thing called grinding. You should try it.

znHYMa3.png
Thanks!

CzyYH1O.pngKqIl28g.png
Speaking of items...

zHD7mF4.png
This is what the boy from before was using. It's an item that raises a Pokémon's attack level by 1. Only problem is it wears off when you withdraw your Pokémon so it's a bit situational. I tend to stuff these and other X items in my bag and forget they exist.

Now let's talk to Cow.
3ZSBaTu.pngHEfTo1w.png
And you call me a nerd.

C57Hq0D.png hurt in battle, right?
Yeah, true.

PNDu5aL.png
Special delivery!

CXfuPba.png
I just said that.

NOforbu.pngLQyMJvN.png
It's a package.

2I9spLd.png
That too.

iERGWku.png
Because it's convenient. And also because your mother plans ahead.

730ZdZ8.pngKEm8fz4.png
Thanks, though I'm pretty sure that was her intent.

QVWgTQJ.pngc9w0Zr7.pngxzFSev7.png
Sounds like an ore-ific place. Okay, that was really bad. I'll shut up.

ci3nxP6.png
Shouldn't you raise your Pokémon before you get to the Gym?

NWJfgc9.png
Having a dream is good. Though if you're anything like your father, you'll likely reach that dream before too long.

Gs3bYti.png
See you, Cow.

Jubilife City (Night)
So now that that's done and over with, let's continue exploring the city.
fH3rEK4.pngnDc4OyJ.pngeLnL7kT.png
Oh come on! Is this some sort of elite club or something? Snobs.

7WyXOjZ.png
Oh, oh, oh what?

h1ZyJt9.png
What the heck is that?

i12KwGd.png
What do I need a watch for? I've been using the sun as a clo--

BFg1KHH.png
Never mind.

Nsq0nlr.png
Shut up.

7PCLlHx.png
Oh, you're an inventor? That's neat.

c6zwhT1.pngoSt22iG.png3lQavH4.png
Sounds simple enough.

Okay let's look for the clowns!
BeuBH4r.png
Found one!

hJq8n5n.png
Uh...yeah.

MsRNd8C.png
I'm so smart.

R9635Wo.pngB2cDc4R.png known as evolution.
Yes, yes.

clgvHp8.png
Thank you.

eklguRM.png     Qh9iQ43.png
Take a quick detour to the Mart to buy a Heal Ball. Heal Balls heal a Pokémon right after capture.

kmkSXiD.pngOFqan8U.png
Oh hey, that's where I'm going next. Coincidence?

XjNYiMF.png
Well it all depends on what exactly you mean by that. Do you mean geographically or existentially? Geographically it is said that we came from east Africa, according to the latest excavations. Existentially is another matter altogether. Nietzsche said that Arceus is dead but many philosophers including Aristotle and Plato believe that something must have caused the universe to exist. Leibniz's principle of sufficient reason supports the Cosmological Argument from Contingency, though personally I think--

ravGobO.png
Oh. Yes. That too.

VPMtQ03.png
It is. I'm not used to big cities like this.

HNkFDa9.png
To be quite honest, you're the shadiest character I've met so far.

uUrNJq9.png
Nah. I'm still clown-hunting.

UkuLoVC.png
Found you. And yes, they can.

taI45YU.pngYPFmG4e.pngsnhT2eZ.png
Thank you for the impromptu lesson.

2lL8CVI.png
I would think they'd gradually grow more tired.

t7ko7Kp.png
This is what I get for rooting around in alleyways.

zhKdaaR.png
Yeah.

xG5S6x0.png more powerful!
Same type attack bonus, or STAB. Multiplies attack by 1.5 so yeah; it's pretty good.

yTG41WR.png
I didn't know you needed a Pokétch to count...is this like when people need cellphones to talk instead of just opening their mouth?

ccETWh3.png
You sound like a circus performer.

FhMM0UI.pnggjU5Hey.png
Thanks...I guess.

W5ldO3I.pngVhVNVHv.png
It's a watch that's not just a watch!

aVSpof9.png?1
It can tell time!

RtPxnxJ.png?1
Spy on your Pokémon!

FYC8YmA.png?1
Count your steps!

j5S4MN0.png?2
And calculate!

So how exactly is this useful?

JJbV7EM.png
This is useful however!

BikJm1C.png6KFytex.png
Yeah so this is a really good item. A bit random though, and it makes Showdown battles unfair, so I can understand why it was banned.

3e43nV3.pngHteJrAj.png3e3T33w.png
You should become a teacher. Then you can actually get paid for saying this stuff. Not much, though.

fkgKLBJ.pngc73Nxiy.png
Good for you.

0AWC7rq.pngTvz0FBM.png
I already said this. GET WITH THE TIMES, MON.

RkzWe9R.pngHyflF5z.png
Yeah I get tired of monotony sometimes.

CvBOMej.png
And I'm with Twinleaf TV! Never heard of it? Well, it doesn't exist.

5Ht43Uv.png
Why do you want to interview me? I'm not famous. I'm not at the scene of a crime. Wait, AM I?

DaYVAQz.png
I'M NOT A CRIMINAL!

IZmVmic.png
THE LEAST SUSPICIOUS ONE!

fnRu5Jf.png
What's with the "ah-ha" look?

5wuwxYg.png
I reserve my right to remain silent.

YAF9Hhs.png
I'M INNOCENT!

Glg7Sku.png
IT WASN'T ME! IT WAS LOOKER!

X85nxq6.png
I will sue you if you show this.

vzAWwg6.png
ARE YOU IMPLYING I'M SUSPICIOUS?

43W7RE2.png
This whole place is a conspiracy.

CrTjzEF.pngaS7bBWf.png
...That was cheesy.

SaLrFZT.png
And I'm the queen of Valm.

OKuei9Q.pngxya7288.png
How would you know how long it would take for me to get a Gym Badge? You're creepy.

9YNMRjw.pngX8s0g6V.png

The Pokétch Company, the developer and manufacturer of the Pokétch, is located here.

Looks impressive enough to me.

Bxx3Uf4.png
Isn't that what Iwata did? Good way to do it, in my opinion.

AsKpZId.png4FjcUhI.png
Pocket Monsters.

OaP48UL.png6fEHBjy.png
Sheesh just introduce yourself by name. The president isn't the end-all, be-all of things.

hlrCF4i.pngHKW5VlM.png
It evolved! Okay, now I'm being cheesy.

Fi52iiF.png
Yes, I have this driving need to check trash cans. No, don't ask why.

Z55AHvT.pngAcByXIa.png
What if I wanted blue? :(

UUd9HOW.pngZp8wmBT.png
So is this a smartphone then?

GyaHHtt.png
...I'm a girl. Here, anyway.

HFxZJlm.png
No, an Old Rod is an old thing.

tcXI3aL.png
So that was a trick question?

JA4bmib.pngvrcMOWA.png
...You're just trying to get rid of it, aren't you? :(

Route 203 (Night)
NRqTpJK.png
Route 218

Despite its shortness, this road is revered by fishing enthusiasts as a great, yet little known, fishing spot.
Let's check and see what's over here.

a0egYUs.png
Nice, another item I'll never use.

...Let's just go to sleep.

[spoiler=Status]

Team:

piplup.png

Holden

Torrent

Modest, good perseverance

starly.png

Adolf

Keen Eye

Naive, scatters things often

Adventure time and bird Hitler, okay then. XD

Gotta love the vast difference of Shinx opinion.

Gen six had 3D overworld mechanic added you derp

Quick Claw isn't banned btw

Totally totally suspicious.

That name really surprised me. XD

Yep.

Oh yeah that too. XP

It's not? I thought it was for some reason...huh.

I'm not suspicious!

• 3 months later...

BCsPBsP.png
4: Rocks, rocks everywhere

Super late update time ahoy! I'm actually past Eterna in the game itself, but I've been lax on writing out the LP part. I still need to update my other blog too...

[spoiler=Part 4]

Route 203 (Day)
5SZRle9.png
Route 203
Despite being so close to a big town, this path retains its relaxed, natural atmosphere.
So according to the map, this is how we get to Oreburgh.

ncuaTfJ.png
You're still here?

WMKiS6O.pngePNTan2.png
Eager beaver I see.

Trainer Battle
aCRe4Iq.png0sfo54v.png
Screenshotting Pokémon mid-animation can result in silly stuff like this.

BbEPm3X.png
Bubbleaburbleboo.

IwjGSk6.png
k

YygumB5.png
Maybe you should actually attack me instead of growling.

HJ3caep.png
So this is something that Bubble can do. It has a 1 in 10 chance of lowering the opponent's speed.

IGxOf6k.png
So idk how much of this is IV-inspired and how much of this comes from EVs. Either way, not too shabby, though the 0 for speed is a bit worrying but not unexpected.

RL6gB5v.png
I know it might be hard to see but I do end up having to shift out my Pokémon and such since the battle style is on set. I just don't feel like capturing that because...well, it's assumed that I did that when you see a different Pokémon.

kKN9XUd.png
Anyway, bird Hitler is really stronk against grass types like Cow's Turtwig.

N7RJf4b.png
Now he's even stronkier.

OrPMGzT.png
Yeah, hate to break it to you, dude.

yr5kg2W.pngcuDMsca.png9jOD3Dl.png
Bold words.

SMpdPGr.png
You mentioned this before. One would think you were trying to give me a hint as to where to go next...naaah.

NhPtboj.png
Good luck. I heard Roark is pretty beast.

2U2I1XI.png
Anyway, back to exploring Route 203.

Wild Pokémon Battle
B6iwzOv.png
And a Pokémon! Yes, this is my first encounter so that means...da dun da daaaaah! Capture time!

tvchO7V.png
And I forgot to screenshot the match but OH WELL. Pretty sure this screenshot shows you the outcome of that, anyway.

nQZD5nO.png
And a Greek name now. Apparently this Bidoof is the epitome of masculine beauty among Bidoof. The doofiest doof.

2ukCZNK.png
If I recall correctly, Careful is the best nature for Bidoof. I have the best doof. Stand in awe, ye mere mortals.

9bLztJM.png
The ability isn't as good as the other one though...but oh well. Can't have 'em all, I guess.

N4Arc16.png
Bare bones in terms of moves too, but that's to be expected.

Encounter! Youngster
npnW2kx.pngpV64UOb.png
So you just tell people what Pokémon you have like that? Great strategy, bro.

jJJWouT.png
So I think this is the first time we've come across a Kricketot.
Me: Kricketot are found mainly at morning and at night, like Ledyba from Silver. And, like Ledyba from Silver, they're somewhat useful early on but plateau later on in the game. Of course, you have to evolve them first for their skill to really shine.
Cow: Kricketot I wish was better.

KOXnJDi.png
One lame thing about Kricketot this gen is that it only knows Bide and Growl. At least in later gens it learns Struggle Bug but here the only attacking move it has is one it has to receive damage for. So you can see the pains of using one in a nuzlocke.

HDcOoLu.png
Me: Zubat is super common and because of that it tends to be underrated. It's the annoying cave Pokémon everybody hates. I don't mind it myself, especially because it ends up evolving into Crobat, which is pretty great.
Cow: Zubat is helpful despite how common it is but looks goofy when fully evolved.

HtTNUUW.png
Yeah he really did just have a Kricketot and Zubat...

Wp5jDCd.pngX5DliJv.png
I'd rather keep out of the grass, myself.

9KHtOPI.png
That's pretty adorable.

mlaWCGc.png
You sure you can take me?

jAQmCgo.png
Me: Machop! I love Machop. I don't know, there's something so...nice about them. Sure they're kind of a stereotypical bodybuilder, but they're also adorable with their little frog-faces and doughy legs. They're also really strong and badass. I always have to be careful when facing off against a Machop in a nuzlocke.
Cow: Machop is strong...that's it.

n60t4fL.pngaf8r9Cz.png
I'm lucky to have a flying type so early on, to be honest. Usually I don't, because my luck is strange.

PJmp9iI.png
Just build up your Machop some more. I'm sure it'll be useful against the Gym Leader...what does he specialize in again?

Encounter! Lass
IUUoV4N.png
Pretty sure you saw me coming from here. The grass isn't that tall.

7HfxRc0.png
Your Bidoof is really weak. Just saying.

CAD2Aem.png
Ooh Budew. I don't think we covered this one yet.
Me: Budew is a cute little bulb/seedling thing. I like it. It's cute. Not very strong, though, but it gets better once it evolves.
Cow: Budew is boring but Roselia is cute and great and Roserade is meh.
Also Adolf kicked that bud's butt.

TWMbMX8.png
Me: Abra is a pretty annoying Pokémon to capture if you're trying to capture it, since it only knows Teleport, which means that's the only move it uses. It's free experience in a trainer battle, though.
Cow: Abra is really good but frustrating sometimes, don't particularly like it.

kBA5Tui.png
Yah. Your Pokémon were weak.

PjmaQUo.png
But you can't even get Budew yet. Where did you find it?

RjGRHOX.png
Oh, that means you're strong then.

ATugzm6.png
Me: Psyduck! While not a very useful water type in comparison to other water types, it's still interesting with its use of Disable and psychic-type moves. The lack of STAB hurts a bit, though.
Cow: Psyduck is such a bro.

TrmkZam.png
...Really? That's the reason?

fB2tztU.png
Whoopee! Another useless item get!

Jg3kA6h.png
This, however, is not so useless. Repel is pretty convenient when you just want to get through somewhere without a thousand encounters.

Oreburgh Gate
MYLfWry.png
Oreburgh Gate
Once one gets through the tunnel, the city of Oreburgh is just a stone's throw away.
So this is a gate that's really a tunnel. Works for me.

XsgCSiB.png
My name is Hera, not Awkward! Get it right! Obligatory Marriland reference.

ISApptL.png
Yeah, you could say that. I don't have any badges yet, for one thing.

nQ2Win1.pngpHSYhgu.pngJ8vmgvg.png
Yay! Thanks for the gift, mister!

ppl6Nac.pngd7CnRJf.png
Sounds useful.

MmBsWWA.pngZMfu9O3.pngjoJ36IN.png
So basically I can't go anywhere in this world without Gym Badges. Got it.

EcKt6PA.png
Is that an ironclad rule, then?

Trainer Battle
WbDEgLq.png7d1bIr8.png
Bubble bubble burble! Basically I've been having Holden use Bubble ever since he got that move.

9zTBi0I.png
Water Sport...ehh not really useful in this region to be honest. Hoenn, however...yeah that move would be super useful there.

TyRYqwz.png
Well something here is insufficient.

EI7qYJp.png
Yep. That's a thing. Haven't encountered anything yet, though.

YnYrTzP.png
Spoke too soon!

2oeQ7aH.png
So yeah, I've got a Psyduck now.

ntp6Ije.png
I should name it Mr. Headache.

VZ84G56.png
But BehindtheName wants me to name it after a famous Roman emperor instead. Hope he lives up to his namesake's legacy.

IeoFZlj.png
You can just celebrate with a picnic instead, you know.

Orcb5V1.png
Bidoof vs. Bidoof! Which one will win?

Yj4UdfF.png
Commemorate it with a consolation picnic. Mmm, picnics...good thing I'm not hungry.

Oreburgh City (Day)
wy8hGba.png9N5fsCn.png
Oreburgh City
A vibrant and energetic mining town that is blessed with a precious natural resource.
So we're here! In Oreburgh! Where we're supposed to be.

at3w7F1.png
Howdy, pardner.

pk9Otjb.png
Nope. That's why I'm here.

q9SBQRz.png
Thanks for showing me the way, I guess. But I have to heal up first--

Come Along
DsmQpai.png
Hey! You're not listening, are you?

ARGjPBo.png
Yeah, it's Cow.

IGMajJr.png
Very elegant.

MlTzX23.pngY4kvOzl.png
Excuse me for not running at top speed like you do.

OayKgD7.pngZLd3qcX.png
Yeah yeah, I get it already. You have a dad and that’s unusual in a Pokémon game. Sheesh. Not like this will come up later.

E8yZul5.png
Like a Drifloon on the wind to Driftveil? Okay yeah, that was bad.

Rut3w1G.pngBWE7gTD.png
Great. "The princess is in another castle" sort of thing.

2lDHNBc.png16fNEq8.png
You got it.

Pokémon Center (Day)
2Iq92QI.png
Team whatsit now?

ZlFJQAQ.png
Well, that sounds nice and probably relevant considering the oil situation...

jYgvYk2.png
But that doesn't sound nice.

OeyIYVM.png
Not me. You should probably ask Looker though. He seems the investigating type. In fact, he's on the lookout for suspicious characters, so this would be right up his alley.

Let's explore the city now.
Oreburgh City (Day)
Gnb3xpT.png
Why do you need his permission? Does he own the deed to the mines or something?

z9yKbm0.png
"Not only do they battle, but they also supervise various projects, such as Roark with the mines. We're lucky he's not a despot."

YHJ5wub.png
"I'm also known to my friends as Captain Obvious."

DnSGR8R.png6AsLOpJ.png     gQDEisf.png
Thanks!

lkdhMTl.pngQnvcHRa.png
With how many Pokémon you find in caves too, this is super useful. I used it to capture Mewtwo in my X game, for instance.

s1r1V5n.pngU1jsIHs.png
"But you should be ashamed of your bird's nickname."

WhGzv8M.pngHVOsYt0.png
I named my Psyduck after a Roman emperor. There is no logic here.

OcOWou6.png
Very eloquent.

xHlZDx9.png
One thing I do like about this game is the variety in cities. Oreburgh, for instance, has its own unique touch with the vents and slag heaps. A far cry from the original Gen I games.

zXwDuRa.pngPe42T8N.png
This is a very good trade, as Abra is a fairly rare Pokémon and is difficult to capture, as I mentioned earlier. Unfortunately, I don't own a Machop, so I can't make the trade.

KraWcUI.pngaSeyvTo.pngv8Ctehr.png
I wish I had a nickel for every time someone recommended I get a Gym Badge. I'd be even richer than I am now! Actually, I haven't checked how much money I have at the moment...but I know I've got a fair amount from stomping little kids' dreams into the dirt.

9SrqQrC.png
Another Pokémon I don't have but wish I did.

Let's leave this dump and go shopping!
PokéMart
n9zQLHm.pngCfH5PoL.png
"The lady offers you regular stuff and the guy gives you souvenirs."

5sUuQrX.pngudHYdBI.png
"It's a Badgeical world."

4qNkC0d.png     tVzDcVy.png
Net Balls are better at capturing Water or Bug-type Pokémon. They're really good for going fishing.

Oreburgh City (Day)
EhFMZGp.pngtwgNORQ.png
"Once Gen V comes out, I won't have to worry about that, though."

REjxNPE.pngCtQUB3a.png
Praise based Roark!

k6ns8Bh.pngeEGjs4p.png
This sounds almost like an innuendo, but I'm not sure how exactly.

32NIAeE.pngatRkNLm.png1jYQPVo.png
If I ever find a shiny, I'm capturing it, regardless of nuzlocke rules. I probably won't be using it, though. It'd be terrible to have it die on me.

rfro7gQ.pngqxH9bc0.png
What will you do if someone yells back?

Gu6cN77.png

There is a museum that specializes in exhibits related to the town's coal mine.

I'm finding more and more parallels with Pewter City now. First the Rock-type Gym Leader, and now this.

oDg6hlm.pngiMA67Yv.png
Sounds like a nightmare. And I've seen enough anime to know there's almost always a collapse of some sorts, too. Reading The Hunger Games didn't help, either.

hqePSUh.pngu1Qf1da.pngVriVnVW.png
What Underground? Is there a system underneath the whole of Sinnoh completely catered to wi-fi that I don't know about?

vguu8lL.pngIIEVRCf.pngmN8IsVV.pngezNKTxI.png
What's with the Yoda impression, dude? And reviving fossils? Puh-lease!

4fHFNdN.pngdu8RHpr.png
Under the sea, under the sea! Darlin' it's better down where it's wetter, take it from me!

PGP6j2e.pnghUtHtrG.png
It's a piece of coal. How long you gonna stare at it?

09pUNFE.pngHwa2yO7.pngn9Uz2dd.png
gbQ2XOi.pngA0nE3V2.pnggq1l3Db.png
pQFo09Q.pngQhyrSf1.pngN6APiWG.png
It's actually pretty fascinating learning this stuff. A lot of what we consider "rocks" didn't actually start out as rocks.

NCSQbbS.png1AyXqVt.png
20110515-20110515-017nrty.jpg

acLN6SQ.pngjIIUxhz.pngHM4MnL0.png
2011-08-29-PSF-CCHMF-Blacksmithing.jpg

mL2Zqvg.pngcAHSJbD.png
Coal-Pictures.png

xr18u8W.pngrjBo2WA.png
Well this was all very heartwarming and educating but I'm outta here.

EWyR9LT.png9g1ngrW.png
This is actually pretty interesting. I think Sinnoh is one of the nerdier Pokémon games, though truthfully most of them have some sort of scientific institution where you learn stuff.

Nze9w1o.pngVIoJMkS.png     XpQhtlB.png
I don't remember if I've gotten one of these before. But you all know what this is anyway.

k1eXVjl.pngqxIVZcg.png
Award for most considerate trainer goes to this guy!

AA76lzT.pngf7xfkbR.png
"Roark would kill us if we did otherwise."

Jen1opM.pngYTDhKOO.png
I need to see that!

Route 206 (Day)
iTyKa8L.png
Route 207
Located at the foot of Mt. Coronet, this road is carved into the rugged, rocky terrain.
So we can't really access much of this route yet, but we can get a new Pokémon here.

wA1WMnp.pngVIa1Vex.png
Like this guy!

aCYPq7o.pngCeod56b.png
Also a couple Poké Balls.

fSKbKzz.pngMNBxCkc.png
Aaand this is where we stop. We can't go any farther up without a bicycle.

So let's check the team.
N4hpeXw.pnglv2O4pW.pngGINWtzO.png
I was hoping for this. Cloud Nine is a great ability, and Psyduck is mainly a special attacker.

mHvYeER.pngKMfQ9dL.pngRdgk9xO.png
Rash on Machop however? Not so good. Also, yes, the nickname is weird and possibly offensive again.

fO8dE7M.png
Good thing we're trading him away.

Evolution
Fq6KGvi.gifuiSDwBM.pngQcDEr0W.png

wsDkIte.png9PSpJIZ.png
So I have an Abra now! Let's look at its stats...

v8ZH0MS.pngqcmIIDs.pngURjoiCg.png
So one thing about in-game traded Pokémon, is that they always have the same name, gender, held item, ability, nature, and IVs. Kazza's IVs are 15/15/15/25/25/20. Not bad, especially since I'm not really going to care about minmaxing in a nuzlocke. Unfortunately, Kazza also only knows the one move, which won't change until evolution, if he reaches it. I have to careful since Abra are fairly fragile.

Jm6H794.png
And I encounter more Pokémon on this route! I don't catch them, but it doesn't matter since Rowan only wants me to see Pokémon, not capture them like Oak does.
Me: For those who don't start off with a Chimchar in Diamond or Pearl, Ponyta is the only other opportunity for a Fire type. For this reason, it's fairly popular in nuzlockes. I've had the unfortunate luck of never coming across one, myself, but all in all it's not too shabby. Thankfully, I'm playing Platinum, so I have a few more options if I want a Fire type.
Cow: Ponyta is cute.

MxK07Wf.png
Me: Geodude are probably one of the most reliable Pokémon in nuzlockes. You can't really go wrong with them, unless you face off against a Grass or Water-type Pokémon. They can wall quite a few types, and their attack is nothing to sneeze at either. If you can get them to evolve the whole way, you'll be set for sure.
Cow: Geodude and Graveler suck but Golem is awesome.

bhmGLaT.png1hrCJVZ.png
So is this like the blue and the gray kind of scenario? Or west vs. east?

Wf3MrNg.pngVz3tBYe.pngSuLCbAK.png
I remember hearing about this in the museum.

QweFG6d.pngHBSAK5s.png
So apparently Machop work alongside the miners to harvest coal...I like it when the games include Pokémon working alongside people.

SKQA6Ya.pngTAaeVlw.png
Getting free stuff puts a smile on my face too.

URr6tAQ.pngIBWiHMS.pngL30yoD4.png
"All the other kids want to do is learn about Pokémon battles. It's too bad, but that's how it is nowadays."

GKyB2GX.png8oAp5nE.png
"You see them on roadsides sometimes."

yGoelMs.pngVvWNN3q.pngfwr1osL.pngC4hBt72.png
Sometimes you get good stuff for searching through the trash. That's why I check trash cans relentlessly. FR/LG had you check potted plants, too.

tBpelWU.png
This is a hint that there will be wild Pokémon down there.

Oreburgh Mine
eAPCS3E.pngAK6iDkr.png

Huge deposits of coal still sleep underneath the ground. The entrance to the Oreburgh Mine is here.

Another hint. That there will be trainers down there too.

DIJSjv1.png
First Pokémon I encounter is a Geodude. So if all goes well, this will be my next capture.

3AuOy8o.pngx4qSqFo.png
And it did!

H8T8ni9.png
One thing about this Pokémon...like Mr. Mime, it has a name that would make you think it's one of the male-only Pokémon, but it's not. For instance, this one is a girl.

4q6d58k.pngTExVVkU.pngjTqfgGd.png
Forgot to screenshot the nickname process, but you can see how it went anyway. A moody English penguin, a German dictator starling, a Greek god beaver, a Roman general duck, a spoony foreign psychic, and now a legendary Irish rock. I have to say, I probably have one of the most ethnically diverse teams you could think of. The adamant nature on this Pokémon is great though. Not as good as a defense-raising stat, but still a lot better than what I could've gotten. Sturdy is a great ability in a nuzlocke as well.

gCejFTZ.pngkxpSYDw.png
Geodude isn't really what I'd call cute...

CgeljN7.pngSBk6EKo.pnggE2uIcJ.png
Really racking these up. They're meant to be used near the beginning of the game, to make using a Pokémon you've just caught more convenient, but I always forget to use them.

Anyway, let's go train.
fG2o9nC.pngfyv7QOj.pngp0bwYOW.pngu0q0lZ3.png
Double Team is now a thing. With Quick Attack and now Double Team, Adolf is now learning the ways of the bird ninja.

JBng4J2.png
Rock Throw is a pretty good move this early on. Will be super useful against fliers and bugs. Also against fire and ice types, but those are fairly uncommon at this point in the game.

b7qNHty.png
A Zubat in a cave. How unexpected.

Qan7tbz.png
I'm gonna let you in on a secret...I don't care.

u34DivD.pngxdf8wQG.png
These dudes are free experience for my duck.

ILjv2SC.pngbWTIoL4.pngWcZzAvw.pnglqDmJZf.png
Duck power.

fwM0Y2P.png1cDzV7p.gifkssUYUn.png
e22f342d9628ce4bda4a7ca60a1ebda510e0c060

vQq3lke.pngfRQCM4P.pngJqmSEjD.png
What's so special about these "Badges" anyway?

9oNrbmq.png
Seth: The third possible Pokémon you can find in this place, and the rarest. Onix is one of those absurdly huge Pokémon that's also well-known because of Brock. It has a weird spike on its head that seems to be useful for absolutely nothing. Maybe it helps it dig its way through rock? It's a solid team member, though, and evolves into Steelix, which, while nerfed since GSC, is still pretty strong.
Cow: Onix is so huge and weirdly interesting.

aJkVnNW.png
Rollout is a pretty strong move. This is the move of G/S/C/HG/SS nightmares. It's the move Whitney's Miltank uses to decimate you. It's also extremely risky, especially in a set battle style nuzlocke, but I still end up using it because it usually one-shots most Pokémon. Very nice against someone who uses a bunch of bugs, for instance. Combined with Defense Curl, its power doubles.

Gym
ICMkNPx.png

There is a Gym where mine workers take breaks in between their exhausting work shifts.

This is the Pokémon Gym for Oreburgh City. It looks somewhat similar to the other rock gyms. It's a bit boring for all the rock gyms to be the first gym you face though. I wonder if another region has a rock gym later on...maybe it would have something to do with rock climbing too.

9w0oMFt.png
Well, I'm pretty sure I know who you're talking about, now.

lhcRTPR.pngcaqwKUK.pngkRtvk7x.pngBYU4jl2.png
"Makes you wonder why people use them, huh?"

0V3J4Nq.pngrkATWNO.png90z4VIz.pngxFaIHnm.png
"So good thing you didn't get the fire monkey as your starter, huh."

NmW9bGd.png
No problem. I'll need all the help I can get.

Uv1hlsX.png
Because I'm lazy and I don't want to have to walk farther.

6jNKdkd.pngqcAE9zt.png
Yeah, because you were in the way.

CdsSeZ2.png
Can I go home, then?

sMNJRuS.pngCkiUTZ7.pngZCActrS.pngosSpTBF.png
This guy was easy, too. But I should probably heal before I face the Gym Leader.

hnELu9F.png6qiZ7Xx.png
Sounds cheesy. He should be a piece of cake.

XqbuXpe.pngrtSNXlM.png
I'm Hera. Sup?

95MVmog.pngNBO6nuo.png
My potential is unlimited. At least when it comes to napping.

Jeltch8.png
Well, my Geodude has the "Sturdy" ability, if that counts.

Gym Leader Battle
ISjbFg4.gif
Is that handsign supposed to mean something? Are you making a telescope with your fingers?

KRIJocB.png5tXviOx.png
So this was nice timing. Disable is a very useful move in nuzlockes. For instance, I used it to beat the Furfrou pair near Parfum Palace. Take away their Headbutt and they're nothing. For those that don't know, Disable prevents a Pokémon from using the move it just learned. It's especially useful on faster Pokémon, in my opinion, since you know for sure what move you're blocking.

eE1pROi.png
Let's beat this Onix before it has a chance to use Screech.

DI34B2Z.png
What the heck is that?
Seth: Cranidos is a powerhouse. Unlike Shieldon, which specializes in defense, this Pokémon is all attack. You can see why people fear going up against it in nuzlockes, especially at this point in the game. However, that's all it is. Being honest, its other stats suck, so while it hits like a truck, it goes down just as fast.
Cow: Cranidos is alright but too frail

igs4VCv.png
Oh yes, it also has a pretty unique ability. Mold Breaker lets its moves bypass the opponent's abilities. So it could use Headbutt against a Shedinja. Though why it would use Headbutt instead of a STAB Rock move is beyond me.

GkzffyG.png
Speaking of Headbutt...

neKMOsC.png
Forgot to screenshot since I was panicking a bit here, but let's just say that another of those Headbutts would've taken my duck out. I sent out Doireann since she has the highest defense of the team.

0gg9F6Q.png
So of course Roark decides to lower her defense...

jyNm7IY.png
Rock is actually neutral against itself, instead of resisted. So I take advantage of my STAB Rock move.

yuYjkcM.png
Pursuit is an interesting move. It's weak by itself, but deals double damage if the target is switching out. So for instance, if I used Kazza the Abra against a Buizel but decided to switch out, the Buizel would probably OHKO me with Pursuit if it uses it. So it's especially risky in the Set battle style I'm going with for this nuzlocke.

0ejVyn1.png
More Rock Throw.

JaXbH6H.png
Face it, Roark. Your Cranidos has lower health than my Geodude.

Ccgv2fD.png
Never mind.

urKLOIB.png
Still wasn't enough to stop Doireann. It was getting close near the end, though. Also I keep pronouncing it as "Dorian" like the YCM member, instead of "Derin" like I think it's supposed to be said.

Victory! Gym Leader
KydimpQ.png
Looks like...I rocked your world. YEEEEAAAAAAAAHH

UfRUQH8.pngYCWhDkm.png
Well hey, trainers have to get their first badges somewhere.

2Jeh63U.png
That's a bit of an extreme philosophy. If you had used a second Cranidos, I'm not sure I would've won.

0MeQPox.pngxRQljXh.png
You sound so reluctant.

Bj81K9z.pngSNhISAU.png     50px-Coal_Badge.png

ptRpz8D.png7sLaKDs.png
I can be smashing too now!

642ElyL.pngcmv1y9g.pngSYe3Bc7.pngHzjwj44.png
Like Pursuit, Stealth Rock is murder against people who switch in and out of battle a lot. It's become a staple of Smogon matches, too.

Nd9TEEq.pngrSXavOd.png1D0xACn.png
This is the reason I tend not to use TMs pre-gen V. Especially in nuzlockes, where they could easily be wasted on a Pokémon that dies a bit later.

2ZYEq3g.pngA9DgdyT.png
I'll keep that in mind.

bkhn1Ly.pngETe5IPb.png
Ehh, maybe. I mean, I already knew water was strong against rock.

Z79SKS8.png
No thanks.

Aaand that's all for now. I'll get back to you next time on Seth's Platinum Nuzlocke! See ya next time, rocks!
Yeah, I've been watching too much Marriland lately.

[spoiler=Status]

Team:

piplup.png

Holden

Torrent

starly.png

Adolf

Keen Eye

bidoof.png

Apollon

Unaware

Careful, good endurance

psyduck.png

Iulius

Cloud Nine

Rash, very finicky

abra.png

Kazza

Synchronize

Quiet, highly curious

geodude.png

Doireann

Sturdy

Adamant, somewhat of a clown

• 2 weeks later...

BCsPBsP.png
5: Owned

I got a bit carried away with the last update and forgot how long it was... ^^;

Very different style, yes.

I know I did, but sheesh is that Cranidos scary for a first gym.

[spoiler=Part 5]

Hello and welcome to Seth Plays Pokémon Platin--

BGM
YGoNLi3.png
Who the fu--oh, it's you again.

vISQ6MF.png
Yes, yes I did. It was a hard fight, but my rock proved to be the harder rock.

fjsKiJ6.png
So I've heard. I wonder what type the Gym Leader uses?

ULRUECf.png
Actually, you can. You just can't go through the route, but you can access the lower part. Technicalities, you know.

UZ8xgRB.png4AmiyE8.png
Thus starts the beginning of Cow's grand Showdown legacy.

dY1Y7OB.pngo9UyeoY.pngMcNjOsk.png
jaa7pj5.jpg

rZI82iS.png
Bye-bye.

BGM
S06gfPB.png
Now that we have Rock Smash and beaten the Oreburgh Gym Leader, we can split rocks like they do in martial arts movies.

JuV2MmF.png
Gooo! Apollon!

7W6mvCm.png
Hyah!

NcKXs1a.png
Also I can flash people now. Old joke is old.

vGAJ8XY.png08eb9Fi.png
But I don't have a bike, so I have no clue what you're talking about.

XC5uRKZ.png
Maybe I can buy one with my big pearl, though.

BGM
OoHeEas.png
Back in Jubilife and there's Looker. Who doesn't look like all that much of a looker. What a disappointing name.

8QtJjuW.png2YqA9Ld.png
Obligatory wi-fi thing I don't give a crap about.

2yoie6r.png
Well, that's good.

wmN8vbh.png
Great. Please leave me alone, now.

EU4MLYg.png
What about shady kids? Or shady Pokémon?

ogmrZw8.png
I visit for the thing anyway.

UlZADIm.png
Also this place. Totally irrelevant considering this is an outdated game in terms of wi-fi. I think they shut that down for this game years ago.

YVIlVf4.png
Wow. One Gym Badge and suddenly everybody can tell.

5rME6BN.png
Water because I have two water types and none of the others.

mJgDvBS.png
Oh yeah I'm cool.  :7612_key:

qt7K10b.png
Grass is too thirsty for me.

3EYRtdu.pngB8KL2ek.pngqO8DJyw.pngsFeoJem.png
I hope Kazza doesn't pull this crap with me, too...

Ha70O8N.png
Traded 'mons are a pain in the butt, to be honest.

5tHAKfa.pngm1FZJr9.png
Well it looks like it's doing fine from what I've seen.

877nAlq.pngGH0Bgpl.png
Wi and Fi. Get it?

BGM
TuGos8e.png
So yeah this is the Global Terminal. I have no idea why I'm even showing this to you guys but whatever. Look at that globe. That's a nice globe.

OubgiCh.png2LgX64S.png
Ohhh boy.

Ha9OxU7.pngizPRial.pngvkNNjDl.png
Not very bright, are ya?

sk4PYz1.png
"That man has his box filled with nothing but Gardevoir and Lopunny!"

fZNIjN0.png
Sure. Go for it.

3GqfQrD.pngqtzb7xE.pngIK2472r.pngK9nCiLA.png
Well you ran out of places to talk about.

LPIYJBy.png
No way. I'm not a rapper. Call Cow for things like that.

BGM
After leaving the Global Terminal I visit the corporate building again.
v9lhzuW.png35GTyO3.pngegmLOJ5.png
Now I can write notes on my DS screen! ...Why is this useful, again?

pfymV5A.pngt20a7BL.png
You need to come up with better apps.

MIDRv6j.png
Uh...who are you guys?

AHmhNUC.pngjQT6cgP.png
Hmm, you sound shady. LOOKER! LOOKER, WHERE ARE YOU?

uJ2pqvI.png
Rowan: What in blue blazes? Who's doing all that shouting?

E8fji7n.png
Good. I've seen a fair few Pokémon so far.

0D5cif5.png3HWEz87.pngdQfLz38.png
Rowan: I know you were thinking of becoming a professor like me, but maybe you have a different calling. You can always become a trainer first, you know. Field experience will look excellent for your doctorate.

utxcSY7.pngkMgnXcf.pngp5rQTj9.png
You guys talk weirdly.

qWS8ELT.pngplq8Ru1.png
Ohhh boy. You're in for it now.

2UkCUX1.pngMfKLRXH.pngm56QP90.pngnWs1YBj.pngZGcJPDQ.pngV996xGq.pngH5OoqiQ.png
...Goddamn.

q9SxVAX.pngQb9IP6N.png1XKUQFS.png
Stop talking like cheesy Shakespearean actors and maybe I'll start taking you seriously.

ELAOyFb.pngxuS0f6w.png
Will do.

BGM
Av3ow5y.gif
This is gonna be a piece of cake.

SAZ9qZY.png
Or not. I hate that move.
Seth: Mainly a priority attacker, Glameow is known for Fake Out and being annoying. Also for doubling its weight when it evolves.
Cow: Kinda cute but boring, why the hell is its evolved form so fast?

qtZm8Jf.png
Doesn't matter how strong you guys are. You can't withstand the power of somebody throwing large rocks at you.
Seth: Unique typing combination and STAB Sucker Punch make Stunky a viable Pokémon. I've always wanted to use one in a nuzlocke and see how it works out.
Cow: Actually useful, but meh

ZCHDqFt.pngkMhE7rJ.png
Actually, that reminds me of a D&D character I made.

0yCYZzs.png0Oz5Xyf.png
Basically, they had a stupidly high strength stat, and the DM allowed it that strength would count on throwing rocks.

MUN1X7T.pngOc6veYT.png
They also had proficiency with throwing rocks because of background, so that was another bonus.

T9Gz3kL.pngPpUxrTX.png
So they spent the whole campaign throwing rocks at people and doing tons of damage.

dC6vLl9.png
Oh, it's over already?

jRLhz6S.png7BHJeOQ.png
I was half paying attention, sorry.

BGM
iSMO0j4.pngjlhDfX3.png
No, it's cuz you pissed your pants. I can tell. I see the wet spot.

IZBAZtX.png
See ya, stinkers.

Xb2lhhr.png
Like Battlestar Galactica?

t52JqwC.pngzeXzsYP.png
That's not a very scientific way of looking at that.

6cBJ1la.pnglt6lWIa.png
Well maybe it could be used instead of oil. Sounds useful.

R8X2d6g.png3I3y5Hw.pngI0WI6oR.png
Wow, that's pretty dang impressive. I wonder if that counts mega--oops, no metagaming.

u3DHBT9.pnglJDnfqk.png
Yeah they could just read about it on PubMed like I do.

pFbJuFO.png25wpkDb.png
You seemed to be handling that pretty well yourself there, professor.

jWlETWu.pngMRFnudz.png
Why?

BIuvIdP.png7BvCIRs.pngLqwhXJy.png
Ahh, it always comes back to your research.

QhMs7YY.png
Thanks for that, again. Holden has been pretty useful, and the dex entries are always an entertaining read.

JNUoW0s.pngHX1U4FM.png
Take care!

LlXfELY.png
Who are you?

TinxfgF.png
Oh. Wait, am I on TV...? Did the interviewer tell you about me?

IgriokG.png
I DIDN'T DO IT!

eNFyNKn.png
Oh okay never mind.

aEDB1OS.pngpt047rw.pngn1KVwkG.png
Oh gawd, you sound like my mom... She's all about a Pokémon's appeal and looking good.

49Ve4Bt.png5nAAl6z.pngdPZuXMX.png
Hmm, all right then. So long as you realize I'm not suspicious.

STd45kj.png
See ya, random TV guy.

RGiiU9V.png
By the way, this is what poison does to your screen. Creepy, huh?

b2GEV6b.png3V8VYyj.pngMbe58MV.png
Yaaay, I get a thing...

nDFCJJX.png
What. The. Heck? Like, a Ponyta ranch? Or ranch dressing?

BGM
UGZqja0.png
So this is the TV Station, huh...

gu3fz6D.png4horkUB.png
Sounds dreamy.

V32WeV5.png
I can wear this at costume parties!

qZFU0zS.png2v95ptG.png
I think it's horrible and takes up all my mother's attention. I end up doing all the chores when her favorite show is on. She's useless! Seriously, just what kind of--

fl9C6Ha.pngfJb3tVG.png
Hey, I wasn't finished yet! But I guess the dances aren't too bad. Mom likes them, at least.

IS5zaRh.pngINbemzl.png
"Psst, give the green light on that new dance show."

rtduVjZ.png
Sounds like a workable motto.

zdKOAh9.png
You've been talking to that guy in the back, haven't you?

fPZ7NRM.pngmRtAHOn.png
Wait, what? What do you mean tell the world about me? Have you people been stalking me?

bColZx0.png
Answer my question, damnit!

BGM
w9voZ3I.png
So I'm now in Route 204. Where I start off by using a Repel. Why? Because while the southern and northern halves of this route both have the same Pokémon, the northern half has higher levels.

B9PBrGG.png
Also I remember held items are a thing and give Doireann the Quick Claw. She's super slow, so it'd be fairly useful on her.

exVYin3.png
Route 204
A charming natural path that wanders past many ponds and groves of trees.
Another Parlyz Heal! Not a Paralyze Heal, but a Parlyz Heal. I figure it was spelt this way pre-gen VI because of limited character space.

sfbUd6t.png
Well that's not a very nice thing to say. Also, do you only target weaklings then?

Jcf1oGZ.png
You're the one who asked me to battle, not the other way around. Don't pin this on me.

jdKqlOy.png
Uhh...is he a fisherman? Or maybe he wanted you to learn the value of patience? Or he just hates you.

E7r9X9W.png
Throwing rocks at fish is surprisingly effective.

hcNV11w.png
An old, surly professor who's shoving his research work onto me.

UgwxZnf.png
I guess. Holden can be a bit angsty though.

SW6XtHW.png
No you may not.

L3pQv5R.png
I said you may not!

A6PGeJq.pngek0qhRX.png
If it weren't for my goal of turning Apollon into an HM slave, I'd have given Rock Smash to Doireann because there's something ironic about teaching a rock to smash its fellows.

BGM
SOeD7U1.png
Ravaged Path
The Ravaged Path was hewn through a rocky outcropping. It is a shortcut that leads straight to Floaroma Town.
This is a super small shortcut area. Even smaller than Rusturf Tunnel.

lQ6pkL9.png
Got some nice things here, though.

YcQoODi.png
And it has Zubat. Of course.

jFQ3dtC.png
Speaking of Zubat, that was our first encounter.

MMwYYUt.pngXKPWEBb.png
I don't even know how to pronounce this name, but I have a Russian bat.

BGM
SGRiB0H.pngCgqqDXu.pngfmLJQi7.png
I know. That's why I have the dupe clause on.

BGM
bxMarhF.png
A person person.

qmq5I5F.png
Nice! Magnitude is a pretty decent move early on and even later on. On average it's 70 base power (or BP) and at max it's 150 BP before STAB. At 30 PP, it's a great spam move.

vSlAyp2.png
So the BP of this is 70 before STAB. STAB adds a 50% increase in damage. Unfortunately, Cherubi being grass type cuts the damage modifier in half. Also, let's talk about Cherubi.
Seth: Cherubi is a rather mediocre Pokémon. With a base stat total of 275 and a rather limited movepool, it's almost on Sunkern-level uselessness for me. It evolves into a less mediocre Pokémon, at least.
Cow: Aww such a silly little Grass type

hwBdYXi.pngo2u53s1.pngLhEjAnq.png
Well, you sure showed me all right. Also, let's talk Wurmple.
Seth: Wurmple is cool in that it has a branching evolution that's not dependent on gender. It either evolves into a Silcoon or Cascoon, and by then you know which final form you're going to get. Still weak, though.
Cow: Is wurm.

BGM
FL4VSD9.pngILqGP6u.png
Double Pachirisu. Speaking of Pachirisu...
Seth: Pachirisu learns a few useful moves such as Discharge and Super Fang. Also U-turn, which is pretty great in set nuzlockes. Despite that, it's still pretty weak, but there aren't very many electric types to choose from here. It is cute, though.
Cow: Not the best "Pika clone" but not bad. Strangely bulky...what are your secrets, squirrel...

QMTNCJL.png2BudauW.png
Before reaching level 13, Pachirisu is free experience.

c9LToCj.pnglbMQZxj.png
You may have noticed it in the Galactic battle, but when battling two trainers at once, both of them speak at once at the beginning and end of the battle.

8VMIB8v.png
Bullet Seed is one of those "hits 2-5 times" moves. Can be super useful on the right Pokémon, like a Skill Link Cinccino. Also, time to start looking for my route catch.

EpZSXIf.pngNwcQ9uq.png
Already have, as you can see by the little Poké Ball symbol in the corner.

tcSGCAZ.png
However, the third time is the charm! By the way, if this time hadn't been a new Pokémon, I wouldn't have been able to catch anything for this route. Third strike, you're out, and all that.

xZ87VWs.png
Absorb did a number on my duck, so I switched to Adolf. As you can see though, he couldn't avoid the Stun Spore.

ENLiI7a.pngHm5NTlv.png
I got a pretty name for what will become a pretty Pokémon...if she survives that long.

BGM
w9TUELc.png
Flowers. Flowers everywhere.

yGGJqNv.png2kkKWVc.png
At the what what?

mgA885Z.pngFW0zIoT.png
Pokémon! They can guard your kids on their adventures while you stay at home and relax! That should be an advertisement.
Welp. Today was exhausting. I'm going to rest up at the Pokémon Center. See ya, folks.

[spoiler=Status]

Team:

piplup.png

Holden

Torrent

starly.png

Adolf

Keen Eye

bidoof.png

Apollon