Pair Cycroid

300px-PairCycroid-DRLG-EN-SR-1E.png

2 Machine-Type monsters with the same name
This card can attack your opponent directly.

So, being me I decided to make a Syrus Truesdale-roid + Speedroid deck, using this card, Barbaroid the Ultimate Battle Machine and Power Bond along with Speedroids. Pair Cycroid I end up summoning quite often, as a 3200 direct attacker is pretty brutal, and can deal damage more easily than Barbaroid (I wish it did piercing...) as well as being a lot easier to summon.
Obviously, the lack of any sort of protection makes it very vulnerable to removal, but it still makes a great game-ender.

What are your thoughts? Just too gimmicky to take seriously or a reasonable idea?

It's actually pretty good, all things considering. Its biggest problem is that there aren't many Machine-based Fusion Decks. Except Cyber Dragons. And Cyber Dragons rather use Cyber Twin Dragon than this. But this could still serve as a decent tech in the Extra Deck.

It's Level 5 for Instant Fusion if that matters. Power Bond does make it a 3200 direct attacker, and its Fusion Materials are flexible enough to be playable. It's just inconsistent for the same reasons.

Archived