Black Market Auction (Generic Spell)

WaffleCone

*Edit: Card Flavor changes (name/art)

A generic Draw power card based on both players' ability to pay life points in an "auction" to draw.

XID4VZb.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]Both players can pay LP in multiples of 100. The player who pays the most LP can Draw 2 cards. The effect of "Auction Machine" can only be activated once per Duel.

I really, really like this. tbh not sure if the artwork/name fits the flavor; and I mean if you had the ability the best art would be Judge Man holding an auction in front of Goblin Attack Forces and stuff, but beggars can't be choosers.

Anyways, I love this card because of how goofy of an effect it is. It does something like a lot of little-known generic support cards Konami has made: It does something very different and seemingly counter-productive, but then using it has some cool strategies and would make a duel very interesting and fun. It's strange, different, and that makes it very interesting.

I was also thinking the OPD might be too harsh; but knowing that it's probably possible to just abuse this with many mad-LP-gaining tricks; that's probably fair. We don't want the Flint Loop to suddenly become consistent...

I really, really like this. tbh not sure if the artwork/name fits the flavor; and I mean if you had the ability the best art would be Judge Man holding an auction in front of Goblin Attack Forces and stuff, but beggars can't be choosers.

Anyways, I love this card because of how goofy of an effect it is. It does something like a lot of little-known generic support cards Konami has made: It does something very different and seemingly counter-productive, but then using it has some cool strategies and would make a duel very interesting and fun. It's strange, different, and that makes it very interesting.

I was also thinking the OPD might be too harsh; but knowing that it's probably possible to just abuse this with many mad-LP-gaining tricks; that's probably fair. We don't want the Flint Loop to suddenly become consistent...

Figured you had a point and tried some flavor change. And yeah, the OPD is to avoid it being abused.

The players must reveal the cost they pay at the same time, so both players will have to write them down and then reveal them together. That would work in real life and in an automated system. But it may end up as another unusable card within Dueling Network and the like.

The rules state that if both players do something at the same time, the turn player does it first.

Does anyone else not see how this card can be powerful? This card can go balls to the walls nuts with chicken game. They're gonna pay more to draw 2 cards, then they are gonna have fewer LP than they dont take damage, all while they draw 2 cards and gain the benefits of chicken game. I am glad that this is only a once per duel thing, but still....chicken game + this card = probably not a good thing

I think you're all missing something. Having the turn player go first actually makes this card more interesting, because drawing 2 cards isn't the only thing you can do with this card.

You can push for game a lot easier.

Think of it like this: Your opponent is paying LP either way. Instead of putting like a lot of LP on the board, you can put down something your opponent would be able to top, even by a little bit. Enough to put a decent chunk out of their LP, but not enough that they wouldn't pass up the opportunity and just pay 100. Having a free +2 is very tempting, but if you hit that sweet-spot in the LP amount that makes it a lot easier to, say, OTK; then that +2 probably won't matter as much.

There's a lot of strategic application from this card, and being able to declare your LP amount first can make some very smart plays that can actually let you push for damage. It presents your opponent a real conundrum of "Do I let them draw 2 cards, or do I risk them being able to win this turn?" Already the plays are running through my head, and this card's use becomes more and more interesting and exciting. It forces your opponent to read the situation and get into their player's head and see what's going to happen, and I absolutely love the application of this card.

See, it's not just about drawing 2. It's a mind-game that could cost someone the game if they aren't smart, and the turn player declaring their LP first only further strengthens the kind of tough position this puts your opponent in.

Only suggestion: Make the players have to pay in multiples in 100. Going like 1 over or 1 under is just going to get weird and kind of hurt the application. Otherwise, this card is beautiful and I love it.

If you activate it in your opponent's turn, they have to pay first. Even more clever uses are possible with this card. I love cards that at first look simple but are in fact really difficult to use optimally.

@WaffleCone The effect says "The effect of "Auction Machine" can only be activated once per Duel." 1) You forgot to change it with the name, but more importantly 2) How about making it "You can only activate "Black Market Auction" once per Duel", just in case both players are running it?

Also,will you be uploading this to Duel Portal? If not, may I?

EDIT: Is both players paying LP a cost or part of the effect?

Archived