(rant) why i think cyber dragon should be banned

ok, if you have read some of my previous posts, you might catch on that i HAAAAATE the cyber dragon archetype and here is why:

it OTK's everything: ok, no matter what deck i am playing, nekroz, red-eyes, kozmos, kaijus, burning abyss, satellarknights or even exodia, i have lost to one of the boss monsters. both of the chimeratechs, nova or even end: step .mst.( if needed)

step2.power bond, sending as many monsters as possible, about 4, step 3, if your opponent has an attack position monster, attach with overdragon and you win! its stupid!

heck! just hit power bond and limit fortress or dna transplant and i am fine!

Cyber Dragons are garbage. Even with Infinity, who is better in other decks.

This is simply a case of good player, bad deck... I use these loosely, of course.

ok, you are right, the deck is mostly garbage, however, as long as your opponent can summon a boss monster with 4000 atk or more in 1 turn (which is really common) , anyways some of them that i have lost to are really bad players, one thought you can chain cyber dragons to each other, and he said he did it in his past 2 duels.

Run Fiendish chain or Breakthrough Skill. Chimeratech gets its atk off its effect so you negate its effect and it's at 0 as long as its negated.

oh i have tried, about all 9-10 of match's i have dueled them, if i can negate them, they always find a way to negate it.

The irony of the fact is that in 2005 when it was first released, people thought the sky was falling because you could Special Summon a monster with 2100 ATK for free.

Those were the daysss

Also @OP: Git gud.

Seriously. Git gud. You really shouldn't have a problem against Cyber Dragons.

You lose to Power Bond? Really? If you really do play Kozmo, I would assume you would play Honest. If you did, then Power Bond would have made you start laughing. Oh, Infinity? Just chain Farmgirl/Goodwitch and summon Forerunner or Sliprider. Really, Cyber is easy to get over. Granted though, the only time I lose to Infinity is when I don't expect it.

Though, it now dawns on me that this may be a joke and I now feel like a moron.

I seriously hope this is a joke, but at the same time I wish it isn't because I'm definitely not laughing.

Cyber Dragon itself isn't the problem.  If you want any card to be banned out of salt, target Infinity, which - as stated - runs better in other decks than in its own, or even Ptolmaeos since he's responsible  for giving almost literally everything access to Infinity.  Regular ol' Cyber Dragon is nothing but a tool to make ED monsters, and even in that capacity, there are better options out there.  Before talking about which cards should or shouldn't be banned, it's ideal to know what you're talking about, including which cards are the problems and which ones are just basic building blocks.

You lose to Power Bond? Really? If you really do play Kozmo, I would assume you would play Honest. If you did, then Power Bond would have made you start laughing. Oh, Infinity? Just chain Farmgirl/Goodwitch and summon Forerunner or Sliprider. Really, Cyber is easy to get over. Granted though, the only time I lose to Infinity is when I don't expect it.

Though, it now dawns on me that this may be a joke and I now feel like a moron.

but i dont lose to infinity. i lose to overdragon ,and i have honet in my deck, but every duel i have went up against cyber dragons, its not in my hand.

Cybers are an OTK deck, stop Infinity and they can't steal or negate until next turn if they can make either Ptolemaeus or Nova, Over Dragon shouldn't be a problem, in order for it to be a real problem Power Bond or Limiter Removal needs to be used on it while you have no backrow or cards like Honest, then your opponent has to deal with the consequences. It has no protection at all so getting rid of it shouldn't be hard, and actually doesn't need to be summoned unless you want a very high ATK beater and monster removal. Cyber Twin and Rampage are overall better being a double and up to a triple attacker respectively, with Rampage clearing a minimum of two back row.

Basically stop Core so they can't search Network or Repair Plant and then they are slowed down a bit then you just need to keep pressure on them. Or just block Ptolemeaus and Nova and they can't get Infinity allowing you to counter any Fusion Summons.

So like:

"I have bad luck, I lose to attack-based OTK deck repeatedly that's gimmicky as funk, 'wow, such broken, much not fair', we should ban it."

no matter what deck i am playing, nekroz, red-eyes, kozmos, kaijus, burning abyss, satellarknights or even exodia

> Nekroz
lolwat

> red-eyes
So one crap deck against another crap deck?

> Kozmos
Drop a Yuki when they try to make the second attack (is this possible, I forget)
Banish and go into Forerunner/Sliprider, float off their destruction and get more stall to survive the round.
Also, Honest/Jura/etc all help. And if you survive, Goodwitch's set effect?

> Kaijus
So basically, Ninjas + you need their monsters to get out your Kaijus and then Remove Brainwashing to get it back, so they kill you first.
Isn't that sort of a bad match up?

> BA
I don't know too much about these guys, but like, first of all, besides the first turn Infinity you could bait out + the fact it really doesn't matter if they destroy the BA since it still triggers anyways, how are you not getting enough stuff to at least survive for a turn (Dante/other BAs out/stall/etc) before you go Fire Lake/etc?

> Satellarknights
> Satellarnova Alpha
> any of the other massive backrow selection that deck uses
> massive floating with the Xyz that can trigger more summon effects to at the bare minimum, stall to keep yourself alive

> Exodia
Besides the point this is an even dumber deck that doesn't even bother playing and just tries to draw through their deck as fast as they can, one thing.
Where the funk is your Swift Scarecrow/Battle Fader/Threatening Roar/etc?

heck! just hit power bond and limit fortress or dna transplant and i am fine!

> DNA Transplant
lolwat

Also, on the earlier note.

If you think that Cyber Dragon's cards need bans/limits/etc, then what do you think for the other actual meta decks you play?
Or are they just like, not broken, since they can't Power Bond/Limiter Reverse and try to go for an OTK with pure attack beatdown?

Of course Limiter Removal is too good for Machine Decks, and Chimeratechs too strong if used correctly. However, that`s half their power; it would be a pain to ban any of their cards. Maybe semi-Limit to prevent repetitive onslaughts and overuses of the cards, but this would make little (if any) difference. To be Limited seems too much, let alone Forbidding them!

As for DNA Transplant: If any Deck has problem with it (which is not the case with most of the newer ones), just imagine a Machine Deck facing Cyber Dragons! That`s why there is the Side Deck. ;)

Hell, I'm behind on the meta, running garbage Decks (Sneaky Pebbles, Dark Paladin.dek, generic dragons, and a Pilgrim Reaper engine), and I've beaten Cybers.

Repeatedly.

Usually, one Negate Attack or two, maybe Magic Cylinder, or the other THOUSANDS of ways to negate and/or divert battle is usually enough.

In other words, you really shouldn't be having a problem.

I can maybe agree on Limiter Removal being bull, but as said before, that's not the problem you claim to have.

The other day I was playing with a friend.

I went first, set a Level Eater in Defense Position and told myself "It's gonna be fiiiiiine, what can go wrong? I need to see what he is gonna be doing now".

Then he makes Cyber End with Power Bond. Level Eater has 0 DEF by the way.

Duel 2 the combo repeated but with Limiter Removal instead of Power Bond.

"Third's the charm" I thought and this time I did get out something decently sized, but Cyber Twin could still OTK.

I was laughing at those dumb ways to die. It was cool.

For the record, I wasn't playing anything good. Doom Dozer was my boss monster in an insect deck with proud Xyz flexibility but that sucks at guarding itself.

I still don't think Cyber Dragons are really a problem at all though. They are a glass jar. Decks nowadays have more built-in responses to brute force precisely because decks nowadays can get more aggressive than old school's casuals so they need to be able to put up with it, and once Cyber Dragons go for their OTK, they have about 1 or 2 more pushes they could possibly make for the rest of the duel before they burn down all their advantage.

I'm not saying it can never work out for the Cyber Dragon users, but I'm pretty sure there are a number of measures that can be taken around it.
I personally would rather have an opponent CyDra deck than an opponent Exodia deck at the very least.

Archived