[Written] What's a weapon without a chain? [with Chain cards]

ÆƵ–

[spoiler=Monsters]

The Guard who Defends with Chain
EARTH/ Level 3
Warrior/ Effect
When this card is Normal Summoned or Flip Summoned: change it to Defense Position. While this card is equipped with a "with Chain" Normal Trap card, your opponent cannot target other monster's for attacks.
600 ATK/ 1400 DEF

The Jester who Fools with Chain
EARTH/ Level 3
Spellcaster/ Effect
Once per turn, during either player's turn: you can target 1 face-up "with Chain" Normal Trap Card you control; equip that target to an appropriate target. While this card is equipped with a "with Chain" Normal Trap Card, this card can attack your opponent directly, but any battle inflicted this way is halved.
1300 ATK/ 300 DEF

The Messenger who Delivers with Chain
EARTH/ Level 3
Warrior/ Effect
You can Tribute this card; add 1 "with Chain" card from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "The Messenger who Delivers with Chain" once per turn. This card can attack your opponent directly, but it is unaffected by other effects.
800 ATK/ 1200 DEF

The Bard who Plays with Chain

EARTH/ Level 3

Warrior/ Effect

While this card is equipped with a "with Chain" Normal Trap card: all monsters you control gain 300 ATK and DEF. If a "with Chain" Normal Trap card equipped to this card would be destroyed, you can discard 1 "with Chain" card instead. 

900 ATK/ 1500 DEF

The Magician who Casts with Chain
EARTH/ Level 4
Spellcaster/ Effect
Once per turn, while this card is equipped with a "with Chain" Normal Trap card: you can target 1 face-up card on the field; Set that card. Once per turn; you can send 1 face-up "with Chain" Normal Trap card you control to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "with Chain" monster from your Deck. You can only use 1 "The Magician Who Casts with Chain" effect per turn.
1600 ATK/ 1300 DEF

The Warrior who Fights with Chain
EARTH/ Level 4
Warrior/ Effect
Once per turn, when a "with Chain" Normal Trap card is activated: you can activate this effect; add 1 "with Chain" card from your Deck to your hand, except "The Warrior Who Fights with Chain". If this card would be destroyed, you can destroy 1 face-up Normal Trap card you control instead.
1700 ATK/ 1200 DEF

The Mortician who Buries with Chain

EARTH/ Level 4

Spellcaster/ Effect

Once per turn: you can target 1 "with Chain" card in your Graveyard; banish it. Add it to your hand during your next Standby Phase. Once per turn: you can send 1 "with Chain" card you control to the Graveyard to target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; send it to the Graveyard. This card cannot declare an attack the turn you use this effect. 

1700 ATK/ 1400 DEF

The King who Rules with Chain
EARTH/ Level 5
Warrior/ Effect
While you control a face-up "with Chain" Normal Trap Card, this card cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. If this card is equipped with a "with Chain" Normal Trap Card: you can activate 1 "with Chain" Normal Trap Card from your hand. You can only use this effect of "The King who Rules with Chain" once per turn.
2000 ATK/ 1200 DEF

[spoiler=Spells and Traps]

The Palace Decorated with Chain.
Field Spell
"with Chain" Normal Trap cards you control cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent's card effects. Whenever a monster equipped with a "with Chain" Normal Trap card attacks, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step.

The Coffin Sealed with Chain

Normal Spell

Target 1 "with Chain" card in your Graveyard and 1 card your opponent controls; Banish the first target, and if you do, send 1 the second target to the Graveyard. You can only activate 1 "The Coffin Sealed with Chain" per turn. 

Halberd with Chain
Normal Trap
Target 1 face-up monster on the field; equip this card to that target. It gains 500 ATK. If the equipped monster battles an opponent's defense position monster, inflict piercing battle damage. If this face-up card on the field is sent to the Graveyard: you can add 1 "with Chain" Normal Trap card from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Halberd with Chain" once per turn.

Tome with Chain
Normal Trap
Activate 1 or both of these effects:
@Look at the top card of your Deck, then place it either on the top or bottom of your Deck.
@Target 1 face-up monster you control; equip this card to that target. It gains 500 ATK.
If this face-up card is sent to the Graveyard: you can excavate the top card of your Deck; if it is a "with Chain" Normal Trap Card, Set it on the field, otherwise send it to the Graveyard.

Hook of Old Glory
Normal Trap
This card is always treated as a "with Chain" card. Target 1 "with Chain" Normal Trap card in your Graveyard, except "Hook of Old Glory"; this card's effect becomes the effect of that card. During either player's turn: you can banish this card from your Graveyard and target 1 "with Chain" card in your Graveyard; activate that card. You can only use 1 "Hook of Old Glory" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

Claws with Chain

Normal Trap

Target 1 face-up monster you control; equip this card to that target. It gains 500 ATK. A monster equipped with this card can attack twice during your Battle Phase. When this face-up card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: you can add 1 "with Chain" monster from your Deck to your hand. 

Crossbow with Chain

Normal Trap

Activate 1 or both of these effects:
@Target 1 Defense Position monster on the field; destroy it.
@Target 1 face-up monster you control; equip this card to that target. It gains 500 ATK.
If this face-up card is sent to the Graveyard: you can target 1 face-up "with Chain" card you control; destroy it, then add this card to your hand. 

Well somehow I found myself fascinated with the existing "with Chain" cards (Kunai, Blast, and Spikeshield), and decided that they needed something that works well with them. So, these happend. CnC?

I like these a lot... The equip trap mechanic for the archetype is unique and really fun to. The field makes it especially good. Would you mind posting the existing"with chain" cards so people don't have to look it up.

As I said... Nice work... Brings back some memories for sure.

Will these be posted to Duel Portal anytime soon?

I like these a lot... The equip trap mechanic for the archetype is unique and really fun too. The field makes it especially good. Would you mind posting the existing"with chain" cards so people don't have to look it up.

As I said... Nice work... Brings back some memories for sure.

Will these be posted to Duel Portal anytime soon?

Aw, thank you! 

On the topic of DP, I'm not sure. The last time I went on it no one was there and that seemed to discourage me from going on again, but I suppose I could always give it another shot! And if worse comes to worse, I'd be willing to hand the DP rights over to someone else (i.e. you). Also added links to the original cards~

I like the overall concept of these cards. They focus less on a big giant boss monster and more on versatility, though part of that versatility is using a bunch of traps to make any of your monsters a big giant boss monster. I would absolutely use these in real life, and I'd love it if they hit DP as well. 

Archived