So I heard you like Chains? [Chain Link]

Gusicles

So I really like the Chain Quick-Play cards. They're somewhat difficult to pull off, but their effects are very strong. So I made a few that could perhaps actually be used competitively. I'll post more, these are just a few I made right now. Any advice is welcome!

[spoiler=Traps]

YrCCNg8.jpg

Activate only as Chain Link 4 or higher. Banish all cards in both player's Graveyards. You cannot activate this card if multiple cards/effects with the same name are in that Chain.

Basically, a way to disrupt your opponent and a good addition to Banish decks.

jIPiXAa.jpg

Every time a Chain resolves, apply the following effects, depending on the length of the Chain:
- 2 or more: Increase the ATK of monsters you control by 800 until the End Phase of that turn.
- 3 or more: Monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects until the End Phase of that turn.

- 4 or more: Monsters you control deal double Battle Damage, and inflict piercing Battle Damage until the End Phase of that turn.

A good offensive option for starting a Chain.

[spoiler=Spells]

re66tfr.jpg

Activate only as Chain Link 3 or higher. Target 1 card in your Graveyard, return that target to your hand. You cannot activate this card if multiple cards/effects with the same name are in that Chain.

Simple retrieval. Very strong card, but that's the point, as it's held back by Chain links.

SZ7lPV4.jpg

Activate only as Chain Link 3 or higher. You can target 1 Monster on the field, send it to the Graveyard. You cannot activate this card if multiple cards/effects with the same name are in that Chain.

Good monster removal that doesn't "destroy".

cXwOYgL.jpg

Activate only as Chain Link 4 or higher. Return all Monsters on the field to the hand. You cannot activate this card if multiple cards/effects with the same name are in that Chain.

More monster removal, although since it's harder to pull off the reward is greater.

7heKobN.jpg

Activate only as Chain Link 5 or higher. Activate 1 "Chain" Quick-Play Spell Card from your Deck except "Chain Attraction". You cannot activate this card if multiple cards/effects with the same name are in that Chain.

Some inner support for these cards. Although the effect is super strong, it's also very difficult to pull off.

9HLOpsc.jpg

Activate only as Chain Link 8 or higher. Reduce your opponent's Life Points to 0. You cannot activate this card if multiple cards/effects with the same name are in that Chain.

Basically, a win condition. Very hard to pull off, but possible.

Thank you!

You can't activate anything past CL5 by yourself, because cards stay on the Field until they finish resolving.

And CL cards aren't used much, except for that one that works in Chain Burn.

Alt win cons are... no :T

Beyond the Grave might be a bit strong.

Ferocity needs a OPT I think of some sort.

You can't activate anything past CL5 by yourself, because cards stay on the Field until they finish resolving.

And CL cards aren't used much, except for that one that works in Chain Burn.

Alt win cons are... no :T

Beyond the Grave might be a bit strong.

Ferocity needs a OPT I think of some sort.

It is possible to activate things past CL5 using Monster effects, or Field Spell/Pendulum Zone effects, or even Graveyard etc effects.

Harvest and Whirlwind speak to me as a Chain Burn player. Yes, I would very much like to recover some of my gas for another round of damage. I would also like an occasional non-destructive boardwipe to save my own ass when the opponent begins winding up to kill. The fact that they're Quick-Play Spells means I can still access them without worry of Royal Decree.

Archived