Everything wrong with this place

CLG Klavier

Edit: This isn't anything more than a rant. Don't read too hard into it, I'm not trying to preach stuff or remake everyone's minds.

This will get locked/removed one way or the other because there's no freedom of speech here, as once proved by Rodrigo's huge post being removed, but that was Crab Helmet days, so let's hope we're in a better world right now.

Everyone and everyone being "untouchable". If someone's new on the forum, you can blatantly trashtalk and flame them, and no one will blink an eye. If it comes to established people, everything's perfect and ideal and you can't say anything. Like seriously, what the funk? funking tumblr mentality. Yeah, you posted a cute, but shitty deck. Good for you. Now take on the criticism (and yes, "redo the deck" is valid criticism) and grow up a little.

Fad after fad after fad after fad. People legit take enjoyment from this? From doing a random thing everyone else on the forum did to be "cool" because you're like others? Name fads, status fad, misc fads, you name it. If you need such a "fake" sense of belonging to a group, you should rethink some things and maybe try making actual friends. Trust me, it's better.

Misc. Like really, why does this section even exist. It dropped the average IQ of everyone on this forum at least by 10 points because while someone was a retard before, they were forced to act like not because rules disallowed to. Now people are allowed to act like retards and it's funking sheet and it's leaking to other sections and status bar.

"Roleplayers". And no, I don't mean actual roleplayers, those people are cool. I mean people who act like they're in the funking anime. It's fine if you're playing a full Shun Raidraptor deck, or random E-Heroes, whatever you want. All good. But don't act like you're in the anime, trashing and shitting over everything that's tier 1 in this game, calling decks skilless etc.

People not realizing that this game is funking about winning in the most optimal way possible. "Lock your opponent down" IS the most optimal way possible quite a lot of the times. Boring? Yes. Are you allowed to dislike the fact? Yes. But just because the game took that direction, doesn't mean it's "broken" or "degenerate".

This game isn't constantly being powercrept and Konami isn't literally Hitler regarding this game. Some choices they do (and cards they print) are dumb, but the entire "YGO is funking horrible" circlejerk is literally disgusting. You're on a YGO forum. If you wanna trash the game, go somewhere else. Especially if you get all defensive when someone insults your fad or favorite anime.

People with too much time on their hands. Go out. Read a book. Take up a hobby. Stop funking spending your entire day on the net, and most of that time, on YCM. If your entire life revolves around the status bar and misc, something is VERY VERY VERY wrong with you and you should probably look back and straighten some paths. Especially if your utter boredom leads you to coming up with lies to make your internet persona more interesting.

Justice warriors everywhere. Everthing's cute and fluffy and everyone is perfect and "you should just let people do what they want to do". Sure, some things aren't forbidden by the rules, but the amount of sheet some people pull out is just ridiculous at times, and nah, I should sit back and shut up because "people are just having fun". And before anything, I got a huge dose of warns in my life so all I'm doing is getting properly punished and I'm fully aware of those punishments being justified.

Mods. I'm gonna say it. Half of people on this site shouldn't be mods because they're not fit for the sections or just do plain shitty job at that, but I think this has been told more than needed.

There are a metric fuckton of cool people on this forum. Black, Rodrigo, Koko, Dog King, Komaeda, Taco, mido, Night, Rai, CowCow, the list goes on. But then there's a huge, huge, huge pit of nothing but memes, fads, spam and circlejerks. If I want all of that, I'll go to reddit.

Is it me being salty? Yes.

Is it me being funking obnoxious? Yes.

Is it me being an jabroni like usual? Yes.

I'm not hiding that. I know that aside from being a decent YGO player, I'm a huge, impulsive, annoying, obnoxious jabroni. And I don't hide that.

Maybe people should just stop hiding their flaws as well. The world, and this forum, would be a better place if so.

Barking up the wrong tree mate. Instead of pointing out the problems in a hostile way, why not post solutions to help deal with those problems instead?

Because 3/4 of those "problems" is just the mentality of people on here. And no way that can be changed forcefully, so I'm just ranting out.

Fad after fad after fad after fad. People legit take enjoyment from this? From doing a random thing everyone else on the forum did to be "cool" because you're like others? Name fads, status fad, misc fads, you name it. If you need such a "fake" sense of belonging to a group, you should rethink some things and maybe try making actual friends. Trust me, it's better.

Gotta say I at least don't get why you're angry that people like to bond through harmless name changes and statuses and sheet.

Gotta say I at least don't get why you're angry that people like to bond through harmless name changes and statuses and sheet.

Because it's just pointless and annoying. I'm not telling people to stop. It's just infuriating, and a LOT of people will confirm that. Most people find fads stupid, so do I.

Getting mad over someone's stubbornness makes you just as bad as them, in my opinion. If they're not willing to learn from you, than you shouldn't force yourself to teach them something completely pointless.

Again: I'm not teaching. I'm just ranting.

Serious question. If you find it so infuriating enough that it drove you to make a topic with generic hostility, why are you still here?

Because as I said in the last point, there are a lot of people I like on here, plus the TCG section is cool, not ideal, but pretty cool.

You're ranting about people not willing to take criticism, which is what I'm trying to say. I was referring to anyone who tries to give it.

Oh, fair.

Wait I don't see what you mean by this

Statuses are little hang out for shooting the sheet or having dumb ideas that die off in minutes, and that's fine. There's no real, tangible consequence to the existence of Statuses aside from occasional drama, which would likely exist without statuses anyway.

Misc, on the other hand, are posts. Content. Instead of going to some other section with actual posts, you can just go to Misc and spam there. Get your free likes for little effort (not that they meant much in the first place), and create dumb fads that all can jump on with persistent posts, rather dumb fads that go away after 5 other members make statuses, and are never to be seen again. It actively draws people away from the other sections, and its persistence leaks out into the other sections of the site.

Of course, this is all based off of what I've seen, and might not be the whole truth.

Most of the time spent in misc would be spent lurking, as far as I remember from before it existed. I don't think there's something inherently wrong about having a silly corner, it's not like the rest of the site is dying because of it.

But it's not actively improved, which is wherein lies the problem. I honestly feel like a section that doesn't in some way improve the quality of the site isn't really worth having, let alone maintaining.

Which is kinda funny, actually. Misc has become a problem not just because it's misc, but also because people constantly complain about misc, turning it into more of a problem than it already was.

Like a self-sustaining problem.

But it's not actively improved, which is wherein lies the problem. I honestly feel like a section that doesn't in some way improve the quality of the site isn't really worth having, let alone maintaining.

Which is kinda funny, actually. Misc has become a problem not just because it's misc, but also because people constantly complain about misc, turning it into more of a problem than it already was.

Like a self-sustaining problem.

The problem with this line of thinking is that you don't consider the idea of misc as a new feature in the site. The site fulfills a niche it did not previously, without losing any of its other functions because of it. In some way that falls in the definition of improvement.

Guess im not cool enough... v.v

Complaining about not being in the cool list is the best way to get further away from the cool list.

The problem with this line of thinking is that you don't consider the idea of misc as a new feature in the site. The site fulfills a niche it did not previously, without losing any of its other functions because of it. In some way that falls in the definition of improvement.

But I'm under the honest impression that the rest of the site is made worse by its inclusion, which would negate all of, if not more, of any improvement it might bring.

I'll be honest, I don't necessarily disagree with you. I genuinely don't understand the mentality of the people on this site, and to some extent it does annoy me because I find it important to understand people, regardless of how different they are. 

Honestly, I find a lot of the sheet people do on this site to be trivial and a waste of time, but I would never think myself better than anyone because of it. 

Just a month or so ago there was a funking essay posted by some dude (can't remember the name, sorry bud) about him playing yugioh competitively and actually travelling to tournaments and whatnot. To most of you that may seem like a really cool thing, I personally thought that was the dumbest sheet I ever heard. I just didn't see the value in it.

For some reason though, I kept reading this page long essay and by the end of it, my views completely changed. Just because I don't see the value in that, doesn't mean there isn't any. This guy gets happiness from travelling around and dedicating time and effort into playing a card game, cool. That's great.

If someone gets happiness from coming on this forum, saying stupid sheet in the status bar and in misc, making weird fads and sheet with other kids on here, then that's great for them.

Don't judge others needlessly, it's just not cool.  

But I'm under the honest impression that the rest of the site is made worse by its inclusion, which would negate all of, if not more, of any improvement it might bring.

I haven't honestly seen much of a difference in other sections since before misc was a thing until now. If anything I've actually seen less silly stupid things elsewhere, which would indeed help it be an improvement, but not really. I really haven't seen much of a difference, personally.

Oh boy, Mako, you're making me post seriously in General. It seems you've forced my hand.

If misc didn't exist, I would have nowhere to be active on this site. I post elsewhere, yes, but at this point, misc is my main home and the rest are places I post in from time to time that could easily be replaced with alternative sites. If misc didn't exist, I wouldn't be on YCM anymore,either. And I sincerely doubt I'm the only person that's like that.

Misc does no harm to the rest of the site. If it causes issues or distress, those are things that would have happened somewhere else on the site anyway. Alternatively, between random fads, AMAs and other such trivial threads, I do see many users becoming better acquainted and more friendly with each other. So I can in no way agree that the site is in any way made worse by its inclusion, whatsoever.

Oh boy, Mako, you're making me post seriously in General. It seems you've forced my hand.

If misc didn't exist, I would have nowhere to be active on this site. I post elsewhere, yes, but at this point, misc is my main home and the rest are places I post in from time to time that could easily be replaced with alternative sites. If misc didn't exist, I wouldn't be on YCM anymore,either. And I sincerely doubt I'm the only person that's like that.

Misc does no harm to the rest of the site. If it causes issues or distress, those are things that would have happened somewhere else on the site anyway. Alternatively, between random fads, AMAs and other such trivial threads, I do see many users becoming better acquainted and more friendly with each other. So I can in no way agree that the site is in any way made worse by its inclusion, whatsoever.

I understand and accept your points, all while not necessarily agreeing with some of them.

Archived