I do find it funny, honestly.

Blake

vonKarma-HeadWall.gif

I will not take a stance one way or the other. I'm done with trying to change this place, as it'll never happen. Hence this being in Misc, as oppose to C&S, as this is just an observation on how the memberbase interacts with one another.

That said, I find it funny how a member can propose ideas that may or may not make sense, but they're immediately discounted or rewarded based on who they are. IT can be for changing the site, pointing out problems, a neat idea in TCG/Writing/Etc., or anything. Sure, some of this is definitely due to attitude, but a lot of the time, someone will be discounted before they even open their mouth.

Klav is not entirely wrong in his rant, albeit in an angry manner. He does bring up some real points. Which? You can decide, I'm keeping specifics out. And he's definitely not completely in the right, by any means. For example, I disagree with at least one person on his list of cool people (No, it's not Night, for reference).

But maybe, just maybe, you read everything he has to say and process it before jumping on him. If you jump on Klav for jumping on you, how are you any better? Especially when you gang up on him, that just makes me sigh, because you people turn it into a bigger mess than it ever needed to funking be.

And it goes for everyone, Klav's just a very easy and constantly current (you know I'm right, Klav) example of such. It swings both ways, and people need to leave behind bias when an idea(s) would be presented. You don't have to disagree with someone just because you dislike them.

My main problem with that topic was that he then doused the ideas with salt and hostility.  "Oh, you need to make real friends"  "oh hey, somethings very wrong with you" etc. etc.

Its completely counterproductive and overrides any point he was trying to make. The pointing out problems ITSELF is fine, but then turning around and doing what you're trying to point out is a good way to get your ass laughed at and not be taken seriously.

My main problem with that topic was that he then doused the ideas with salt and hostility.  "Oh, you need to make real friends"  "oh hey, somethings very wrong with you" etc. etc.

Its completely counterproductive and overrides any point he was trying to make. The pointing out problems ITSELF is fine, but then turning around and doing what you're trying to point out is a good way to get your ass laughed at and not be taken seriously.

I. Wasn't. Trying. To. Make. Any. Points.

It reeks of salt and hostility because it's a rant. Christ. How many times I have to say that. I literally don't care if that post leads to anything. I got it all off my chest, and that's what I wanted.

I. Wasn't. Trying. To. Make. Any. Points.

It reeks of salt and hostility because it's a rant. Christ. How many times I have to say that. I literally don't care if that post leads to anything. I got it all off my chest, and that's what I wanted.

This might actually be a bit of a problem. Funnily enough, a Rant might be better off in Misc. As far gone as it is as a section, General has a bit of a higher standard, and thus people were looking for points in order to engage in a discussion.

This might actually be a bit of a problem. Funnily enough, a Rant might be better off in Misc. As far gone as it is as a section, General has a bit of a higher standard, and thus people were looking for points in order to engage in a discussion.

You can discuss it all you want though. Let me rephrase: I didn't INTEND IT to spark a discussion, but apparently it did, so let's keep it there.

You can discuss it all you want though. Let me rephrase: I didn't INTEND IT to spark a discussion, but apparently it did, so let's keep it there.

If you were not prepared to have it questioned, and most importantly, discussed, you should've kept it the hell out of General to begin with. As far as I'm concerned it still boggles my mind why in the funking hell you felt the need to post that if all you wanted was to rant.

Just cause you lacked enough common god damn sense to realise your "rant" might be inflammatory it doesnt mean you get to cover your own ass when it's picked appart

If you were not prepared to have it questioned, and most importantly, discussed, you should've kept it the hell out of General to begin with. As far as I'm concerned it still boggles my mind why in the funking hell you felt the need to post that if all you wanted was to rant.

Just cause you lacked enough common god damn sense to realise your "rant" might be inflammatory it doesnt mean you get to cover your own ass when it's picked appart

Aaaaandi t's starting. lol

In all honesty, the way Klav handled the situation is disgusting. Under no circumstances should a rant from one member cause another member to leave, actually, Klav's ranting at RAEG was more of a textbook example of flaming than a rant. He could and should have handled that in an appropriate manner by PMing RAEG in a respectful manner. Instead, we get sheet like this. Maybe this will be an example to everyone on how not to handle a situation. And for the record, Klav's actions are banworthy imo.

In all honesty, the way Klav handled the situation is disgusting. Under no circumstances should a rant from one member cause another member to leave, actually, Klav's ranting at RAEG was more of a textbook example of flaming than a rant. He could and should have handled that in an appropriate manner by PMing RAEG in a respectful manner. Instead, we get sheet like this. Maybe this will be an example to everyone on how not to handle a situation. And for the record, Klav's actions are banworthy imo.

this was about his rant and similar

the attack on raeg is another matter not covered here

I think there are some good lessons to learn from all of this, and weighing everyone's opinion and ideas equally is one such lesson.

Another lesson is just general tact and respect towards others, even if you hate their guts and want to tear them out. Stupid guts. Sometimes those people, like Klav, have reasons for responding the way they do and even if they're completely biting at the way you do things normally, it's still worth it to level on it and see what's going on and how things can be made better. Sometimes you're not doing anything wrong and the best thing is just to respectfully leave it be, and sometimes you probably should bite the bullet and change how your approach that particular scenario. Either way, even if someone's really flaming at you, it can be worth it to see if there's a way to improve the situation. Often times that means swallowing pride or making a compromise.

But reading over his complaints regarding how people approach the game of YuGiOh there are some legitimate things that need to be addressed:

Many of us approach this game in very different ways and have very different ideas for what's best for it and none of us like being told that our way of approaching it is bad.

This isn't quite as simple as "Casual will be casual and competitive will be competitive" as there are people like me that don't really fall entirely in either area, but we're all going to meet people that have opposite ideals regarding this game. Someone like Klav believes that winning the game as optimally as possible is what's best for the game, while someone else may think that the game is best played looking for creative combinations and strategies. Neither approach is bad, it's just different ways to enjoy the game, but these approaches don't really make for enjoyable experiences when meeting together in one game.

A lot of us did group together in that one decklist thread that Klav responded in. Someone didn't appreciate being told that the way they play the game is bad, but there people that enjoy strategies that some of us may view as degenerate. In the same way that we don't like being told our strategies are degenerate, they probably don't appreciate that either.

Anyways, getting to the point. Open mindedness needs to be better promoted here; in card games, in communication, and in relating with each other. I agree with Robin that we need to be approaching each other with a lot less bias, and I also agree with the post that Night made in Klav's thread. Don't judge others needlessly; be open to other approaches and styles and be okay that not everyone is going to see things the way you do and that your view may not be the be-all end-all. Be respectful, and be tactful. And heck, I'm DEFS gonna work on all of this myself.

The manner in which you explain how you feel matters and you should expect to be disagreed with if you phrase things in a certain way.

Also Black my paranoia makes me assume that I'm the one you disagree with in Klavier's list QQ

Anyway. Yes, jumping on one person is bad. I've said that a lot

But I'm not sure that thread was a good example of jumping on someone to be perfectly honest.

I dun wanna argue about it but felt like saying a couple things.

The manner in which you explain how you feel matters and you should expect to be disagreed with if you phrase things in a certain way.

Also Black my paranoia makes me assume that I'm the one you disagree with in Klavier's list QQ

Anyway. Yes, jumping on one person is bad. I've said that a lot

But I'm not sure that thread was a good example of jumping on someone to be perfectly honest.

I dun wanna argue about it but felt like saying a couple things.

However, you should strive to see the intent behind it. Strive.

i said shrug earlier when mido guessed you

Um... The thread about jumping on him was a deck posted a few days ago. Where I said something, then replied ocne and washed my hands, then Klav came in saying the same thing a bit harsher when I was brushed off, and it became a thread about Klav being a dick instead of a thread about the deck, and evilfusion scolded both sides at that point.

However, you should strive to see the intent behind it. Strive.

i said shrug earlier when mido guessed you

Um... The thread about jumping on him was a deck posted a few days ago. Where I said something, then replied ocne and washed my hands, then Klav came in saying the same thing a bit harsher when I was brushed off, and it became a thread about Klav being a dick instead of a thread about the deck, and evilfusion scolded both sides at that point.

I know but there's no reason not to make intent more clear. ^^;

Ah. idk what that means. Oh god.

Oooooooooh. I agree with that one. I think I made a status about that.

Archived