Pokémon GO

Agro

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think what really annoys me is the reduced scan range and the lack of bonuses from nice throws now. Because I was really trying to improve on those curveballs and getting them into the center of the ring.

luckily, the curveball bonus is the only one still in it. just got one a moment ago.

Yeah Niantic should know that if this game did not have the Pokemon tag, people would have immediately dropped this app.

to be fair, the game itself is rather fun. pokemon definitely boosted the popularity, getting more people into it that had it been a standalone thing, that much is without question, but the actual game itself? even if it wasn't pokemon, it'd still be pretty fun. nowhere near as popular, and definitely would have far less forgiveness across the board as far as glitches go, but i'd wager it'd still be a pretty fun game.

Tbh, I don't think the changes are that bad. Removing footprints is fine if it's broken anyway, so if they get the 3-step bug fixed soon, or even implement a new tracker, it's all good. I haven't even noticed the decreased search range, I've still been able to find plenty of stuff. Removing bonus XP is pretty dumb, I admit. Really though, the main problem is their total lack of communication. The game is still fun even with the other changes, but it would be really nice if we had any idea what they're doing...

Well, given how I just yesterday, on my cousin's phone caught...

Rhyhorn, Graveller, Squirtle, Psyduck, Magnemite, Machop, Mankey, Cubone, and Goldeen (all of which they didn't have). And my sister caught an Electabuzz the other day...

Yeah seeing it in play the updates don't bother me all that much anymore. Granted it'd been nice (there was a Pikachu somewhere nearby I couldn't find) it was still fun.

Well, given how I just yesterday, on my cousin's phone caught...

Rhyhorn, Graveller, Squirtle, Psyduck, Magnemite, Machop, Mankey, Cubone, and Goldeen (all of which they didn't have). And my sister caught an Electabuzz the other day...

Yeah seeing it in play the updates don't bother me all that much anymore. Granted it'd been nice (there was a Pikachu somewhere nearby I couldn't find) it was still fun.

Where the hell were you, I have almost none of those. Occasional Squirtle here and there, but that's it really.

I'm at 68 in the Dex right now, slow but steady. Hatched a Lapras and caught a Pikachu in traffic the other day, but otherwise no noteworthy captures recently.

Where the hell were you, I have almost none of those. Occasional Squirtle here and there, but that's it really.

I'm at 68 in the Dex right now, slow but steady. Hatched a Lapras and caught a Pikachu in traffic the other day, but otherwise no noteworthy captures recently.

Went to the park and had some lures set up.

The park has a beach.

Lots of different stuff in the area.

I never see any Geodudes, Machops, Mankeys, Magnemites, Voltorbs, Grimers, Vulpixes, or Drowzees where I live. I only just happen to get lucky with eggs or lure module spawns. I live on the East Coast in the suburbs if that's a reference.

The only Pokemon I recently captured are pretty much just a whole water lineup:

Vaporeon - 1410

Slowbro - 1361

Slowbro - 1276
Golduck - 1221

Jolteon - 1134

Tentacruel - 1125

Starmie - 1012

Golduck - 999

Seaking - 921

20. also sitting on 2 lucky eggs and 3/4ths to 21. i've got 5 new evolutions ready for when i pop that lucky egg, and i want to make sure i have as many 10K eggs ready to hatch as possible as well. so i'l likely be 22-24 by the end of the week if my next few pokestop sessions work out.

Legendary birds are just other Pokémon with their skins changed client-side.

In other news, Niantic have finally communicated with the playerbase (and it looks like they've actually hired a community manager, judging by the fact that the job posting on their site has finally disappeared after several years).

https://www.facebook.com/PokemonGO/posts/940141879465704

It's kinda a lot of wishy-washy corporate talk, but better than nothing.

Legendary birds are just other Pokémon with their skins changed client-side.

In other news, Niantic have finally communicated with the playerbase (and it looks like they've actually hired a community manager, judging by the fact that the job posting on their site has finally disappeared after several years).

https://www.facebook.com/PokemonGO/posts/940141879465704

It's kinda a lot of wishy-washy corporate talk, but better than nothing.

these are the kinds of explanations that would have definitely helped their patch release. better late than never though. and they make sense from a developer perspective. but that doesn't explain why they shut down pokevision. sure, they might not like it, but considering it was the best way to track pokemon, and it unquestionably helped keep the games' popularity floating, i don't see why they would want to do something that would hurt their image to that extent. at the very least they could have left it alone until they fixed their own trackers' problems.

So the whole point of teh update was to get rid of location tracking, right?

I finally got the update...And it won't let me do ANYTHING unless I agree to sign into Google or some BS, so they can essentially track my location and get info.

........Redundency.......

I click Deny, and it won't load the game. It says "Signing Out", then it goes blank.

Anyone else experiencing this?

So the whole point of teh update was to get rid of location tracking, right?

Pokemon Tracking was already disabled before the update.  They just got rid of the image of the three footprints to "Make it less confusing".  And they added trainer customization and got rid of the catch bonuses.  That's about all of the important things.

[spoiler=My Progress Today]

Made level 17.

Caught a 834 Venomoth, making it the highest CP I've caught thus far.  Anything higher has been powered up.

Now have 8km on two 10km eggs.  Added 6km today.  Luckily, my job involves a lot of walking outside, so I can leave the app open and leave the phone in my side pocket and just hatch things really easily.

Also caught a 433 Bulbasaur and a 475 Eevee, 

Arrived in Tokyo today and god damn this is insane. Pokestops literally every couple of metres and everything is lured. Already seen seven new pokemon after just 5 minutes of playing, reached level 21 now. I'll post a screenshot later to show how crazy it is.

I just got started with this.

...well actually I started like 3 weeks ago, but I say just got started because back then all the wifi areas I had access to with an ipod touch had either nothing or a ratatta.

Just today though I ended up going out for groceries with dad for once and ended up going on a catching spree in the WalMart we went to. So that went well.

Lvl 4 so far, already joining Valor when I get to it because Valor

Started few days ago (my brother lend me his Xperia yaaaaaaay).

My first Pokemon was Pikachu (he said something like dont catch starter, and skip any pop*ing pokemon, then Pikachu will appear) and he's right.

Currently Level 9, my strongest pokemon is Tangela/400+ CP (rip, i encounter dratini today, but unable to catch), still a loooong way to go.

Whole thing is different than GBA/DS version so i need to get used to it.

Also my brother cant collect items on pokestop today (i wonder if he got softbanned?), even though he plays the game without cheat/3rd party program.

Archived