Pokémon GO

Agro

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not just that, it's pretty aesthetically boring. There's pretty much only...6-7 tracks in the game? And the avatar only has 2 types of animation: Idle and Walking while having an expressionless void of a face.

The fact that a game that more/less is meant to be used while exploring real life has that much music kinda surprises me. Don't think that I'd want them to worry about animation for the avatar tbh. It's better being aesthetically "boring" (ie simple) because there's no reason to focus on the game itself all that much.

honestly, i leave the music off either way, just to save battery.

also, what do you guys think of this?:

personally, i have no problem with cheating your location if you can't actually get to anywhere decent, or cheating for personal enjoyment, but the fact that people on twitch are cheating to get revenue does kind of bug me. not to mention some of the cheaters apparently take gyms for the lulz, which is not just unfair to the people who walk around, it's just rude to the people who actually take the time t conquer said gyms with the pokemon they caught legit. if you're gonna catch pokemon using methods like this, and then take gyms, at the very least, walk to the gyms yourself.

>Pokemon GO was ported to PC somehow

>Usage of fake GPS systems to basically let you teleport around the globe in said PC GO

>Can easily obtain a team of strong Pokemon that you honestly didn't earn

>We've now established a dogma that means you can't trust if a team is "legit" or not

>Said dogma is bound to become mainstream through word of mouth

>Said dogma is likely going to make everyone bitter over GO and/or ruin it for everyone

>GO is now doomed to have any redeeming point if said "PC version" finds exploits/etc

tumblr_o3o4n6xknK1vnbxayo1_250.gif

(I'm over exaggerating, sure, but I'm not that far off)

>Pokemon GO was ported to PC somehow

>Usage of fake GPS systems to basically let you teleport around the globe in said PC GO

>Can easily obtain a team of strong Pokemon that you honestly didn't earn

>We've now established a dogma that means you can't trust if a team is "legit" or not

>Said dogma is bound to become mainstream through word of mouth

>Said dogma is likely going to make everyone bitter over GO and/or ruin it for everyone

>GO is now doomed to have any redeeming point if said "PC version" finds exploits/etc

tumblr_o3o4n6xknK1vnbxayo1_250.gif

(I'm over exaggerating, sure, but I'm not that far off)

it's still the pokemon community. it was only a matter of time before people showed us why we can't have nice things.

This being a Niantic production, along with the fact that Ingress has similar spoofing problems, it's pretty certain that you're doomed if Niantic works out your spoofing history.

By the way, some moves have been rebalanced. Water Gun's fallen to 6 power from its former 10, for instance, so Vaporeon's lost a significant portion of its former DPS. Meanwhile, Brick Break and Stone Edge have been considerably buffed so that Hitmonlee isn't absolute sheet anymore. The general power level of full-bar moves has increased - Hyper Beam went up from 70 to 120, and several other similar moves were shifted along with the scale.

Full list here.

So let's see how the game's been improved.

Footsteps are entirely gone.

Scan range is now 50% smaller.

Exp. bonuses for nice/great/excellent throws removed.

Gym range is smaller too.

Not to mention they've banned all community maps that track pokemon location accurately such as Pokevision. Niantic aren't doing great with this game. They essentially released a game in early development. But for whatever reason they have now removed like the main feature of the game as well.

What are they doing?

The CEO claims that third party tracking apps take away the fun from the game, but removes the footprints anyway?

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/013/005/3mLydMU.png

Ok Niantic, I can forgive you that within a month after release, that you fixed the servers, gave us more options in the game for customization, and claimed "prioritizing" other issues to be fixed, but this is actual idiocy. Did they know this itself will make your player base drop more significantly solely because of how inept it appears they are to tackling this issue? It was smarter for them just to not do anything about it and at least claim or even lie about future fixes to tracking.

Tracking with footprints was very rewarding, saved time, and offered lots of hype, but this sheet implies that we were fine sweating and wasting battery while wandering aimlessly. funk you Niantic, I will gladly use the Pokewhere app to find the location of that Arcanine until you either get it together or people will stop buying your dlc and probably atop completely at all.

[/rant]

decreasing the scan range while not fixing footprints was hands down the dumbest thing they could have possibly done. the next dumbest were removing the catch benefits and closing the only app that helped you find what you wanted. the least they could have done was boost the rate of Pokemon appearances, and the benefits of incense and lure modules as compensation.

wtf really?

Wow, this is really annoying. I was having a lot of fun with this game and hearing about this makes me depressed. Sure, I didn't use the footprints that much (mainly just used this on my way to and from work so I had a set path), but it was cool being able to tell which Pokemon were nearby. Same with the gym thing. It wasn't something I used often.

I think what really annoys me is the reduced scan range and the lack of bonuses from nice throws now. Because I was really trying to improve on those curveballs and getting them into the center of the ring.

I assume the scan range thing was because of the people doing drive by Go'ing which is stupid because it makes it harder on people who walk as well. Punishing everyone for something some are doing.

Though I heard the removal of the steps were because they couldn't fix the glitch.

I have no idea why they'd remove the bonus exp....

It's possible that they have just removed them while they fix the three-step bug, but, frankly, if they don't communicate that clearly in their changelog, that possibility drops pretty low (or they are genuinely that dumb when it comes to PR).

God knows why bonus experience was removed. Part of me thinks it's a bug as a result of fixing curveballs since it wasn't listed in the changelog, but another part of me thinks it's a shady move to make people play the game a tad longer since it wasn't listed in the changelog.

I mean the definitive Pokemon experience is still Pokemon Showdown, something Nintendo makes no money from. Believe me, I would buy a Pokemon Battle Sim like Showdown provided it had none of the annoying training and excess fat. The series needs to make it easier to make competitive teams to the point where Showdown isn't the only viable option for someone who doesn't have time or doesn't enjoy grinding.

Look at this way, I shouldn't have to spend hundreds of hours to get into competitive Pokemon because of making my team. I can go fire up a game of Starcraft, Hearthstone or Magic and be playing in minutes, but those hundreds of hours are going to be spent learning the game. Grinding is not learning. Nintendo doesn't understand competitive gameplay very much, that much is clear.

It's a shame that Nintendo doesn't realise that the foundation of Pokémon perfectly facilitates competitive play. Seems like a total waste of a very good basic game system for a competitive scene that's never been intentionally balanced and requires you to be so grindy.

It's a shame that Nintendo doesn't realise that the foundation of Pokémon perfectly facilitates competitive play. Seems like a total waste of a very good basic game system for a competitive scene that's never been intentionally balanced and requires you to be so grindy.

I get Nintendo likes casual play, that's fine. I'm not saying don't appeal to casuals, it just is a shame that they don't appeal in the other direction.

Isn't the only thing Nintendo even has to do with GO is Pokemon part?

I also heard that Dratini is only obtainable from 10km eggs now....

EDIT- My sister just got got the update, and there is a new message that says "Don't Trespass while playing Pokemon GO."

You can also go back and recustomize your trainer, and even do so much as change your character's gender.

Isn't the only thing Nintendo even has to do with GO is Pokemon part?

I also heard that Dratini is only obtainable from 10km eggs now....

EDIT- My sister just got got the update, and there is a new message that says "Don't Trespass while playing Pokemon GO."

You can also go back and recustomize your trainer, and even do so much as change your character's gender.

Yeah, I was pretty much only mentioning combat as a tangential point.

Most people playing Go are almost certainly playing because of the franchise name, rather than the game quality.

Archived