Pokémon GO

Agro

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NINTENDO YOU ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING DIFFERENT

...when you put it that way, this might not be so bad

Still, I feel questionable, maybe doubtful, about this. I've always wanted a phone game about collecting monsters and all, that involved integrating real life environments into it. Something like Pokemon, but not Pokemon itself.

I have my doubts but I'll wait for more info to come out, I guess.

Well yes it is different which, now that I think about it, is neat. And it COULD be cool, but as I said before I have no phone so I can't do anything with this sadly.

I am really curious how it's gonna work totally.

And yeah, the Google thing, now I remember why it looked familiar.

I agree about the IP becoming stagnant unless some change happens, but at what cost does this new change come? If Pokemon jumps on the mobile train, then we can definitely expect a lot of other IPs to do the same in the distant future, even if only partially.

I get that gaming is a business and new games go where the money flows, but mobile gaming bothers me on some strange level I can't put my finger on. I should try to be positive about this but I still don't like it.

What I am curious of is whether wild pokemon location is server or client side. Competing with other players for supply of pokemon in an area could be a very interesting dynamic.

If it's server side, it's basically asking to create WWIII. I can imagine people pushing each other around to catch a rare pokémon.

But until i see the gameplay idk how i feel about this, the trailer was cool and all, but you know, gameplay helps

would have liked to see actual gameplay

until I see a good amount of gameplay

until i see the gameplay

Again though, they do show some sort of gameplay at the end of the video

I love how all the people in the trailer were really attactive 30-somethings. 

I like to think that's Pokémon's real target demo. Also they seemed more like 20-somethings to me.

Again though, they do show some sort of gameplay at the end of the video

I like to think that's Pokémon's real target demo. Also they seemed more like 20-somethings to me.

I can't really give an opinion on a couple seconds of gameplay given no other context, I don't count it.

And I agree with that, I'm 20 by this point and I'd say I'm well within Pokemon's demographic still. The people who grew up playing it are still playing it even as adults, in my experience.

Right at the end, there.

The gameplay is a half-second snippet at the tail end of the video.

I can't really give an opinion on a couple seconds of gameplay given no other context, I don't count it.

As I've said before, there's no way it can count as gameplay of any signifance. I saw it the first time I watched the video but it makes little difference since it's basically nothing.

Archived