Pokémon GO

Agro

I'm.... Really tempted to restart for that Pikachu. I'm only level 3/I won't really care that I'm leaving behind a Doduo, Horsea, and a Paras; Raichu is cool, mang.

Problem is, how the funk do you find Pikachus outside of Eggs/etc? They are heavily implying it's "rare".

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is it worth getting, though?

Well considering it's free and fun, sure.

I'm.... Really tempted to restart for that Pikachu. I'm only level 3/I won't really care that I'm leaving behind a Doduo, Horsea, and a Paras; Raichu is cool, mang.

Problem is, how the funk do you find Pikachus outside of Eggs/etc? They are heavily implying it's "rare".

Not much point considering you can just find them anywhere. It's a bit rare but all of the starters are, and levelling + evolving it would take too long. (plus the next one you find will have higher CP and be better in every way more than likely.)

I've completely run out of Pokeballs, so I'm a little upset. Gunna have to go to a lot of Pokestops.

No clue if this has been mentioned, not in the mood to look because I am exhausted since I didn't sleep last night, but I heard there is an Eatser Egg that can allow you to get Pikachu for your starter.

EDIT - Ignore this post completely please..... *facecake*

That moment when Filthy Frank is right:

Video isn't really serious, by any means, but still pretty funny

Saw that this morning, I died at Ass Ketchum.

This game actually got me to go on a run today. I ran a mile and a half down to town and used an incense, so I managed to get a good amount on the way there. But I didn't use an incense on the way back and barely got any, plus I foolishly forgot to account for the run back and ran out of energy.

But still, got me to leave the house on a Sunday.

I just wish I could run into other Bulbasaurs and start stocking up on Bulbasaur candy.

I wonder if they'll add a trading/battling feature between other trainers at some point.

I wonder if they'll add a trading/battling feature between other trainers at some point.

Just saw an article today where the company confirmed they're gonna be adding trading. I do hope battles outside of gyms comes too, the game will seem way more complete with those features.

I spent about 2.5 hours out looking for 'mons today. At a local college, there were 4 Pokestops right in a clump and people had set up lures at all of them, so I stayed there for a while and got a ton of stuff. I also caught a Scyther later, and I'm super happy about that.

Progress so Far

Revanwynd

Level 7

3485/7000 XP

Team Mystic

KANTO *

Collector *

Scientist *

School Kid **

Bird Keeper *

Punk Girl *

Bug Catcher *

Jolteon 405CP

Pinsir  301CP

Pidgeot 284CP

Raticate 245CP

Beedrill 206CP

Oddish 169CP

Goldeen 150CP

Nidoran(m) 106CP

Doduo 102CP

Zubat 86CP

Ekans 78CP

Gastly 73CP

Jigglypuff 62CP

Paras 60CP

Krabby 53CP

Caterpie 33CP

Charmander 25CP

Venonat 13CP

Bulbasaur 12CP

Abra 10CP

2km Egg

5km Egg x2

10km Egg

First day of classes on summer classes and went to campus.

Caught Magikarp, Psyduck, and Horsea at the local pond and transferred Magikarp by accident. >.

Finally evolved my Eevee and got a Flareon to my dismay, but 500+ power is still awesome and it's a decent bug killer.

Challenged the local gym and somehow I managed to beat a 900+ CP Scyther with a high 400+ CP Venomoth...then after it got overthrown by me a bunch of people showed up and started fighting for control with their Pokemon. Like, I immediately got sniped while trying to heal my Pokemon. Managed to gain control a few times but I said funk it and let them go after gaining a lot of EXP.

Then walking around campus for stops, and Parasect and Voltorb were around, but out of nowhere, Pikachu comes up and he wasn't anywhere on the footstep radar. I couldn't contain joy when I caught it.

So yeah, very decent run today and I'm halfway to Level 10.

Just started playing today.

Progress: Lv3

Pokemon:

Charmander cp25

-Scratch

-Flamethrower

Raticate cp37

-Bite

-Hyper Fang

Eevee cp14

-Quick Attack

-Dig

Pidgey cp33

-Quick Attack

-Aerial Ace

Venonat cp13

-Confusion

-Signal Beam

Also caught a second Venonat which I transfered.

Might as well show off what I've hauled in so far, given today was the first real day I was able to go capture stuff ( other than the Zubat from yesterday )

LV 3

Squirtle CP27

Tackle

Water Pulse

Zubat CP17

Bite

Sludge Bomb

Paras CP38

Scratch

X Scissor

Weedle CP10

Poison Sting

Struggle

Pidgey CP25

Tackle

Twister

Eevee CP60

Tacke

Swift

Weedle CP24

Poison Sting

Struggle

Ratata CP10

Tackle

Dig

Weedle CP10

Bug Bite

Struggle

Ratata CP22

Tackle

Hyper Fang

This is by far the downfall of the games we know and love. Now, I don't even want to play this because of the privacy concerns involved with the app as well as the fact that it is still a startup with serious Silicon Valley roots that is a major target for hackers to secure my information, which, shockingly enough, the company is owned by Google. Even worse, the fact that Google now has all of this demographic information and location data this might be used more to solve crimes in the future rather than for the fun.

/politics

So within the course of two years, Nintendo went from being completely against mobile games to causing the shutdown of western civilization.

alsoteamvalorforlifemothafuckas

hells yeah

I would not have expected this kind of reaction, but it's really cool to see. I've met people using the app everyday since I started and I'm going into New York today until tomorrow; I'm really psyched to see what/who I'll find.

Archived