Dark Magician Support - Illusion Magician

gmaster1991

5ungPnE.jpg

When this card is Summoned: Apply these effects, in sequence depending on the number of "Dark Magicians" on your side of the field or in your Graveyard at the time of summoning:

+ 2 or more: You can discard 1 Normal Monster; draw 1 card.
+ 3 or more: This card gains 2000 ATK and DEF, and it's Level becomes 7.
+ 4 or more: You can target 1 Sp
ell Card in either player's Graveyard; Set it in your side of the field, but banish it when it leaves the field.
+ 5 or more: You can discard 1 card; add 1 Spell Card from your Deck to your hand.
You can only activate the effect of "Illusion Magician" once per turn. This card's name becomes "Dark Magician" while it is on the field or in the Graveyard.

It's worth pointing out that this card itself counts as 1 "Dark Magician" for it's effect.  I made the OCG modifications based on Aquatic's post directly below.

Seems interesting. Here, let me try and fix your OCG to make the effect clearer and maybe resolve some timing issues

When this card is Summoned: Apply these effects, in sequence depending on the number of "Dark Magicians" on your side of the field or in your Graveyard at the time of summoning:
+ 2 or more: You can discard 1 Normal Monster; draw 1 card.
+ 3 or more: This card gains 2000 ATK and DEF, and it's Level becomes 7.
+ 4 or more: You can target 1 Spell Card in either player's Graveyard; Set it in your side of the field, but banish it when it leaves the field.
+ 5 or more: You can discard 1 card; add 1 Spell Card from your Deck to your hand.
You can only activate the effect of "Illusion Magician" once per turn. This card's name becomes "Dark Magician" while it is on the field or in the Graveyard.

There, now no shenanigans can happen. 

On the flip side, this card seems like it would be good for Dark Magician.dek, but since there aren't any other monsters that treat themselves as DM (to my knowledge) besides this one, you'd need to run this @3 in order to get the max benefit, and even so you'll likely be winning if you can pull it off. Perhaps adding DMGirl to the effect could make this more playable?

Seems interesting. Here, let me try and fix your OCG to make the effect clearer and maybe resolve some timing issues

There, now no shenanigans can happen. 

On the flip side, this card seems like it would be good for Dark Magician.dek, but since there aren't any other monsters that treat themselves as DM (to my knowledge) besides this one, you'd need to run this @3 in order to get the max benefit, and even so you'll likely be winning if you can pull it off. Perhaps adding DMGirl to the effect could make this more playable?

I made the OCG fix, but I personally can't see how adding "Dark Magician Girl" to this card's effect is necessary to make it more playable.  Since "Armageddon Knight", "Dark Grepher", or "Elemental HERO Prisma" (and with any of them, "Reinforcement of the Army") would all probably see use in a Deck involving this card, there are plenty of ways to send a "Dark Magician" to the Graveyard.  I didn't want to make it TOO easy to get the 'search any Spell Card effect', especially since it's effect goes off regardless of how it's summoned, and you could search Limited cards like "Raigeki" or "Book of Moon", or even search "Eye of Timaeus" for an instant "Amulet Dragon" or "Dark Paladin".

That's not to say that she can't be used at all, since her effect buffs her ATK by 300 for each "Illusion Magician" in the Graveyard, so it's easy to get a Level 6 3k beatstick on the field to run over "Apoqliphort Towers" or something.  Maybe I make an Illusion Magician Girl counterpart, though...

Archived