One Piece: Devil Islands [ooc/ns/A/pg-16]

King K. Azo

99201Islands.png

Welcome to the world of One Piece, a world were adventure rules, and pirates roam the seas. Rumors of an island overflowing with Devil Fruits have circulated around the world, and now pirates search for the sacred island, hoping to make a fortune by selling its fruit. Will you be able to put a stop to this plan? Would you even want to...?
[spoiler=Disclaimer]This RP is hosted by Techi. I am but the humble co-host who can't make an OOC to save my life.

[spoiler=Rules]
1. All Ycm and Rp section Rules apply.
2. Characters will be accepted when they get an Approval from both Hosts.
3 . Conflict Ooc will not be tolerated. Conflict IC is encouraged.
4. Recognize that this Rp is going to be remarkably casual. Your character is free to be wherever they want to be(Minus Devil's Islands) as long as the rest of their crew comes along. Time is relevant to any party involved in a situation and only to those parties. Meaning that one crew can Rp being a few days into an adventure while another crew has been in a fight all day. That fight either took place on one day during, before, or after the other crew's adventure. In essence, everything is relaxed. Go ahead and create and use Npcs wherever your character goes. Bonus points if they are reoccurring and help the plot of your adventure along.
5. Expect criticism in regards to your application and as to how it reflects on your character IC.
6. Both hosts reserve the right to edit the rules at any given time. We will notify everyone if this occurs.

Players who have read the rules are encouraged to provide a Post sample under their application in a spoiler before being accepted.

[spoiler=Opener]The chattering of windows barely open would make this large dark house seem a touch haunted. No moonlight peirced the veil of the haunted house as the large moon hid behind massive storm clouds. Though, the air on the island would be sweet like melon, a terror rode on these winds on this disaster of a night. True horror ebbs within each place of shelter of this island for years after this event. The citizens share rumors and whispers from one ear to another tell new stories and horrors as their imaginations grew. Regardless of the island's reputation for hosting revered pirates and menacing murderous ex-marine scum, their imaginations fail to encompass what truly happened this night.

Twin doors to the large dark house would open with ease. A man who casts a long shadow, even in these darkests of nights, enters the first room so freely. Leaving the doors wide open, so carelessly, the man steps deeper into the house. Hidden so perfectly within a shroud of darkness. His only mark would be the soaked boot imprints on the long blue carpet that would lead into the kitchen and living room. As he tracked rain into the seemingly abandoned house, the moisture ruined the carefully placed carpet and rugs.

Behind the wall, just a few stairs up on his way to the second floor, sat a boy with fine green hair like waves. He cried in silent. The green-haired, frightened little boy had been previously unaware of his ability to cry without sobbing. Tried as he might have in the past, the boy never knew the fear of death. Not by the means of intruder, anyway. A likely murderer who moved so calmly through his house. Not a sound minus the cold, powerful steps that drew closer and closer without hesitation. Whoever this man was, the boy couldn't fathom why he was so damn steady. So damn ready to stroll into an abandoned-looking house.

The boy shut his eyes tightly as the final moments of his life sounded down with each subtle step. Could it be a renegade pirate, an enemy of his father's? Working for the Navy led his father to years of travel. His mother grew desperate and after meeting a few 'uncles', the boy's mother gave up on other men and went out on a search for his father just a year ago. Being six and alone in the house wasn't so bad these last few months. The boy struggled to find his smile and face his certain death with the cheerfulness of his poor cousins. The sickly bunch that knew their time was coming. He wanted pass away just like them. With a smile.

The windows had let off their final note before a crash of thunder had lit the house and revealed the man. The man stood behind the wall with his long blue beard touching the steps just before the boy's feet. A dangerous look on the tough man's face, like he was used to ripping children apart. The boy gulped as all he could see was that instant of light in the reflection of the window just a few feet in front of them. He was going to die, and he wanted to die seeing his murderer's face.

The boy struggled to move up two more stairs as a strong tattooed arm reached around the wall. Large burly fingers grasp the boy's green adventurer's cloak by the back and tugs on his cloak. The boy fights and surprisingly, catches the light switch. The boy was removed from the steps and held before the large, burly, blue haired pirate by his cloak so roughly. "P-papa?" The boy's voice shook as he looked to the twisted other-worldly appearence of his once soft father. "I thought you were sailing with the Marines. Mommy said you were impor-" The boy was caught off by a loud, cheerufl laugh as the man turned away from the steps with the boy still hanging under his hand.

The pirate dropped the boy onto his seat at the table. "I'm back, boy. Don't mind what your mother said. I'm a pirate, through and through!" He spoke loud, his laugh echoing out again after his words as he dropped a blue sack onto the table before his boy. "Now, are you hungry?" He moved onward without a single care. Either he had this whole situation mulled over in his head hundreds of times over... or the man stopped caring about the boy's feelings and his wife long ago.

"N-no. You were a marine. Mommy has a picture. Where did mommy go? Did she find you daddy? Did she-" The boy was cut off as the man let his large fist pound the table in a subtle blow. In fear, the boy yelped and moved back.

"Just forget about that damned woman, boy. You and I don't need girly girls anyway. It's a pirate's life for you and me. I have this all figured out and we gotta be quick about it. After a little adventuring myself, I have found these delicious fruits. After a question of loyalty on my marine vessal, I hade some pirates hop aboard and help me get home. But, you see boy, I still have these issues with loyalty. The only thing I can trust now is blood. I need you to eat something for me. I need you to become a man and come sail with me... on the grand line." The man spoke fast in his strong, cheerful voice.

Forgetting all about the treason part, and the pirate part, the boy was happy to have at least one parent wanting him around. After months of silence and starvation, the boy was just happy to have someone to talk to and something to eat. "Y-yeah, papa. I can be a man. Being a pirate sounds like fun. What do you have for me to eat, papa?" Truthfully, the boy has forgotten his father's name, and his own last name. But, he could never forget that strange shine behind his eyes.

"Kaze Kaze no Mi." The man spoke as he pulled up on the blue sack. As the sack left the table, a large blue apple-like fruit with spirals would fall onto the table. "Take this spoon and dig right in, my boy." The man laughed again as he let his child take the spoon from his hand and watched his boy take the first few spoon fulls with a big smile and frequent nodding to encourage the boy to keep going.

Such a putrid taste. But, the boy has only one person's acceptence he could earn now. And he needed this so badly. At times over the last few months, the boy would wonder to himself if his own limbs would ever have to become his final meal. Spoonful after spoonful entered his mouth as he dug past the skin and really devoured the fruit with the tiny spoon. The large man stood and made his way back to the window by the stairs. With a cursorary glance to the docks, the strange blue-haired man's eyes grew wide and his pupils became pencil dots. "No..." His voice was shaking but extremely happy, like a clown. "The marines didn't follow me. I had plenty of time. Damnit. Boy, you better not have-" He stopped as he turned around to see the boy patting his stomach like he has completed a wonderful banquet.

"It was good Papa. Am I a man now?" The boy joked with a big smile. His smile was so rare before. Being that his parents left him with no money, no one around town has really seen his face much unless he was planning on stealing something.

The sight did not amuse the man one bit as his expression grew more crazy. Without a word, he pulled apart the boy's cloak and reveal the boy's barechest and black slacks. He threw the boy onto the table and grabbed a knife. "Damnit, boy. You ate that too quickly. Now, I had plans of having you become like me, having you be a pirate, a man, my son. Joining me on the grand line. But... You think you can betray me? You think you can just eat all of the fruit without asking me if I wanted any? Hmm? Damnit. Now I'm going to have to kill you to get it back." He kept talking as he took both of the boy's wrists and held them above his head.

"Papa, no. I don't wanna die. And my stomach hurts. Please don't." The boy couldn't work up the energy to fight or yell. His rib cage being both pale and especially bone-y.

"Too bad, boy! You made a mistake betraying Captain Yamaru!" He raised his voice along with his hand as the blade came down and a strike of thunder drowned out the fatal thud of the knife meeting a firm stab.

~~~
Lightning met the water as the storm rocked the fleet of marines. Two average ships of prestige and one legendery ship known by many names. Tales are told of this ship and it's powerful director. A force sent after a traitor, usually they would be reserved for significantly more powerful pirates. But, this traitor was in the posession of two devil fruits and a small group of pirates wanted for various crimes. In no haste to get his men killed, General Izo remains inside the headship of his crown fleet.

Suddenly, without the storm letting up in the least, he could hear the cries of his men from the other ships while he remained seated within his cabin. He faught the urge to run outside. His men have traversed the Grand Line multiple times over and Devil Fruit inflicted individuals were old news to his collective veterans.

Sadly, they were caught off guard. A gust of wind hit the first ship as a child-sized tornado kept itself stable on the deck. Two glowing yellow orbs peered through the violent winds before many men were tossed off the boat by a wave of wind so unbelievably powerful. As the men ran to the edge of the boat to peer through the night to find their comrades in the water and save them-They were cut off. The tornado launched to the other regular sized boat and repeated it's previous actions.

Marines in the water to the left, marines in the water to the right. General Izo stood from his chair and stepped through the doors to the cabin to his legendary war ship. The child-sized tornado landed right in front of him. Unimpressed, fearless, the old General Izo stepped forward and shoved his massive man-paw right into the tornado. Just as his hand began to glow, the tornado dissappeared as his held a crying child by his face in the air. "G-General Izo, he's just a kid." Came his right hand man.

The long-white haired and bearded man bear looked directly into Sam's yellow eyes. The green hair, the Kaze Kaze no mi power. It wasn't a secret that this must have been the son of the damned traitor they were after and the traitor fed the fruit to his boy. Tears streamed down Sam's cheeks and met the fingers of the man bear General Izo. The boy was afraid, but not of death. Izo knew what a fear of death was. No, the boy was just afraid of pain. It's a fair distinction. "I'm not going to kill our little wind boy. But, he isn't leaving the ship either." General Izo's powerful voice would boom naturally. Sam would pass out in his paw-hand. "Jinzo, I need you to rally the men and begin plucking those overboard marines out of the water."
15 years later
"My fake father is dead. My real Father has been missing for seventeen years and my mother has been missing for fifteen. On top of that, I literrally cannot swim to save my life and I am on the run from a foster father who wants to put me behind bars for running away." A charming, intellectual and almost snobby voice came from a handsome man in a black suit with fresh regular length green hair. He sat opposite of a beauty in a long white ball dress with curly orange hair and a perfect figure. She was cute, just as Sam had grown to be handsome.

"Am I to take it you have a problem with the marines? Pirates? It's always something with you handsome types, isn't it?" She spoke equally as sophisticated as she sipped from her glass and glared out the window in defiance. Refusing to look her blind date in the eye. Though, normally his eye color remained hidden behind his shut eyes. She already noticed this oddity about the illustrious Sam Welch. According to her friends: Sam was both an excellent fighter who saved their fishing business from pirates, but also had a few negative things to say about the marines. Complaints. Her friends already deduced that he must have worked for the marines at some point.

"Handsome, huh?" Sam's voice raised as he displayed a cheerful grin. "That's not a joke, right? You don't find my face to be unsettling? You don't feel like I'm creepy, yeah?" He let some of his dialect show in his needless extra word on the end of his sentence. To cover his need to explain why he spoke like that, he chose to sip from his wine instead.

She cringed at him. Annoyed more than anything. "You're missing the point. God. It's so bothersome that I want to rip my hair out. You're in trouble, right? I bet you did something much worse than run away. Every time I meet a guy who I think is cute... He always turns out to be a criminal of some sorts. I was hoping you'd be different."

"I am different, darling." He began before taking her hand and standing. "The differences between a real man, such as myself, and the bad boys you think you fall for... It's so great that we're worlds apart. If I am a man, then your other crushes are equal to rodents at best." He describes himself in such high esteems before guiding her to stand with him and taking the surprised girl right outside.

"Wh-what're you doing?" She spoke breathlessly before he took her other hand. Holding her tightly, the two of them were surrounded by violent winds before vanishing. The well dressed man and woman were soaring in the sky together. His eyes were open, what an unusual treat. She hadn't ever found herself longing to look into a man's eyes this much with her exes. His vibrant yellow eyes had been searching hers the whole time. She found herself no longer wondering how they were flying above her little village, but wondering what that energy was behind his yellow eyes.

Their descent would be taken slow until the two of them had landed safely on their backs in the middle of a large field surrounded by trees. "I showed you this because... my partner and I have to leave town soon and I-um-..." He found himself choking and spontaneously rolled ontop of her to give her a kiss.

It was short lived as she took his face and pushed it back an inch before slaping him. "Your partner is another woman, isn't she? You're a player, right? I don't know how you did what you did, but I knew you were too attractive to be a good man." She spoke a little franticly as she fought to push him off. A losing battle.

"Darling, please, hear me out." He began, quickly realizing that was literally the most disfunctional phrase in this situation. "My partner is a man!" He said another thing without thinking.

"Oh, so you're not even straight either? What are you going to say next? That find people with blue eyes disgusting and you're only dating me to hurt my feelings?" She took his throat in her hands but couldn't summon the strength to choke the bastard.

"No, you don't get it." His smooth talking game really wasn't working. That 4 word phrase gave her the strength to acually squeeze on his throat. "Wait, wait, wait." He took both of her hands in his. "My partner and I are friends. Nothing more. My only love is you, Darling. I mean it."

She let her blue eyes look into his before slipping her hands out of his and looking to him with a plain expression. "Get off me." She stated with a boldness in her voice. He blew it and he knew it, so he rolled off of her and she ran away into the woods.

"Damnit." His signature grin appeared on his lips before he dusted himself off, picked up his black hat, and walked back in the direction of the village.

The woman ran and she wanted to get as far away from anyone as possible on her little island. She just felt confused and she knew she couldn't think straight when it came to Sam. After years of complicated relationships with less than reputable guys, she had grown used to a skeleton in a closet around every corner. Sam being a great deal more attractive and confident than those other men, she couldn't help the sensation that told her that he would also be that much worse. She just wanted to think and be alone.

Two men with bandanas and burly bodies had appeared out of the woods to face her. Though she was scared, she didn't scream. A silent hope that they would just ask for directions and leave her be. One of the men threw down a large brown sack and said. "Get in". His blue anchor tatoo on his forearm would be the final nail in the coffin for her hopes of getting out of this while remaining civil. Before she could work up the strength to actually scream, a sharp wind took the three of them.

Leaves fell like a smoke screen and fluttered about unnaturally as Sam appeared between the two large pirates and the dainty ball dress girl. "You don't have t-" She started, concerned for the man who had confessed his feelings for him.

"No. I want too." He spoke with his grin and closed eyes peering over his shoulder to her. He was unsettling as all hell. His voice had felt excited by the situation and his appearence took upon a whole new rough murderous posture. The green haired man allowed himself to look back to the pirates. They were confused with his sudden arrival out of no where. But a thin man like Sam didn't scare the two grisly pirates away. His strange smile was unsettling, like a damn snake. These pirates were not afraid of choping off a snake's head.

"Move aside, boy." The man with the blue anchor tatoo began speaking. Sam's yellow eyes openned in two tiny slits as he looks to the tatoo with an even more unsettling grin. "We just want the girl." The voice of this pirate was gruff, but would sound more sick than anything. Sam assumed the two pirates were sick from a long swim in the cold waters.

"You are not having the girl. Unfortunate for you, you've bumped into the wrong kind of man." Sam spoke with a coldness behind his words as he approached the two pirates. The woman behind him had held onto her dress in frustration. She didn't know why Sam would risk his life like this for her. The two men were both a head taller than he was and a great deal more muscular. In her moment of panic, she finally remembered that her friends told her that this Sam man had single-handedly destroyed a whole ship and saved their traveling sales business. Her eyes openned wide as she slowly let that fact sink all of the way in for the first time. The pirates were not the dangerous factor of this situation. Sam was.

"Man? Heh. Shoot. Where's the man? I don't see him." The other pirate spoke as the two of them drew their swords in unison. "Are you referring to yourself, runt? That's a big title to tote around when you're really just a boy. The one making a mistake would be you. My friend and I were going to let you go, bu-"

"Shut up." Sam interrupted as his grin grew more sharp and his eyes closed again. He was within sword swing distance.

The pirate who spoke first raised his sword into the air, and with a mock-of-a-battlecry, he brought the sword down ontop Sam's shoulder. This sword made contact with the dark suit of the green haired man, but didn't even cut his clothes. The other pirate's swing stopped in it's tracks as he realized his friend failed to cut his shoulder. Both of them let their jaws drop. "What? How?" One of them managed as Sam's smile remained stagnant. He was like a statue.

"Swords are not weapons without the hands of a killer. Feeble people may be exposed to a sharp edge and find harm. But, you've run into the wrong kind of man." He spoke with his calm yet excited tone as his long pale hand reached up to the blade on his shoulder. To the further horror of the pirates standing in front of him, Sam held the blade completely still with it's sharp sides directly against his fingers and palm.

The pirate who didn't siwng his sword completely and slapped the back of his friend's head. "What're you just standing there for? Pull the sword out of his hand already!"

A look of increasing fear warped the features of the pirate whose sword was held by Sam. "I'm trying..." His voice no longer tried to display any level of aggression. Through his tanned skin, a pale horrorfied face could be seen.

"Now," Sam released the sword and held his hat on top of his head like a gentleman. "Are you two boys going to tuck your tails between your legs and run back into the sea? Or are we going to see some blood today?" Sam's cockiness was well deserved.

"We are not going anywhere! Die maggot!" The pirate who had yet to swing would raise his voice to get the attention of his spooked friend before the both of them swung their blades at the same time. A shriek would leave the girl's lips as Sam's coat lifted into the air and both blades caught his abdomen region from over his white dress shirt. But, they stopped there. "Wh-what the hell are you?! Impervious to blades?!" The Pirate with the tatoo spoke with disbelief clear in his tone.

"Nope. Like I said. You two only carry the strength to kill the weak. A true killer weilding a real weapon would find my regular skin and clothes to be like tissue paper. You two... Rats, never stood a chance. Like I said: You've run into the wrong man." He spoke with his eyes now open, amused by the thought he was about to share. "I can tell by that blue anchor on your skin that you belong to a very specific crew. You both worked on a specific ship that had a fateful encounter with a defenceless trading ship not even a week ago." His voice was sharp with excitement.

"How do you know that, b-boy?"

"The man who demolished your crew, ripped your ship to pieces and had slain your captain all within the span of a couple of minutes? Would be the very same man you keep calling boy." He watched the two of them put their blades away, pick up the sack, and look to each other. "Go on, if you turn your backs to me now, I will consider forgiving you."

Within just a moment, the two would-be troublemakers had made their way back into the woods. Sam turned to face the awe-struck woman who had left him just a few minutes ago and was the center of this whole misfortunate circumstance. Her eyes found his closed eyes and ominous appearence and she grew a little fearful. She had just had a date with a man who could demolish ships and kill pirate captains with ease. The only thing that made this creeping sensation of fear even worse was how he managed to hide it so well from her. How she was literally told about his capabilities and she let his appearence take the forefront before she could even think about it.

Sam nodded to the girl and vanished in a gust of powerful winds before she could even tell him that she was sorry for the inconvienence. He didn't want her words. That last moment they shared was his way of waiting for the pirates to be far enough away that he felt safe with leaving the beautiful woman alone in the woods. The gust that had taken Sam away would reach the edge of the island almost as quickly as a breath would leave someone's mouth. A blue-armored man with many swords had been napping on the deck of the medium-sized ship and he didn't even wake up as Sam stepped onto the bright-orange wood that made-up most of the ship. With the grey sails, the decent ship looked like a large sweet potatoe with steam rolling off from it at a distance.

To believe, that Sam has yet to even name this ship he and his friend finally managed to purchase from the island. Their previous adventures of capturing pirates with large bounties, fighting off the marines when the situation called for it, and hunting down the man who ruined Sams life-That was fun and all. Figuring out the man they were hunting down wasn't really Sam's father, that life on the open seas might be more fun if they started their own pirate crew, and there was an island said to be the host of the highest quantity of illustrious and high-priced Devil Fruits-Well those would just be the icing of the cake in their discoveries over the years. Now they needed to find a map with 'Devil Island' depicted on it, and set sail to their first chance at a massive haul of treasure. That's what pirates did, right? Sam shrugged to himself as he nudged his sleeping friend with his foot. "It's time to set sail."

[spoiler=Character Picture and Quote]

[Optional Picture of Character]
[Name, age, affiliation]
"Character Quote"

[spoiler=Application]
Name:
Personality:
Biography:
Combat
Items of note:

[spoiler=Accepted Characters]

[spoiler=Sam's Crew]

Hazama.240.1615392.jpg

Sam Welch - 21 - Pirate

"Just call me-The Sea King."

[spoiler=Application]

Name: Sam Welch

Appearence:

hazama_by_atlf3-d4i19fu.png

Hazama - Blazblue

Personality:

Impatient - Even though Sam can keep up his calm expressions and tons with his creepy grin all day, Sam is actually prone to getting bored. Small actions like mockery or playing with trinkets are of the many child-like flaws that keep Sam from dying of boredum. Sam is not prone to becoming cranky due to boredum and this is rarely a cause for him to start a fight.

Intellectual - There is a false guise of sophistication with the way Sam talks that would lead others to believe that he comes from a rich background. Sam actually comes from a history that would be damaging to any form of sophistication. However, his difficulty with sitting still and being impatient has lead him to a strong reading habit. His deeper vocabulary allows him to follow complex ideas, solve problems using less obvious pieces to a puzzle, and understand others who speak with typically scholor-only words.

Cocky - Being that one of his first men he ever killed was famous for defeating a Warlord. Trained since he was a child by one of the Marine's arguably top men, and weilder of one of the most powerful Devil fruits: Sam is not afraid of anything. Regardless of his strength, there are still fights that Sam might not win. And he just might fight it anyway without fear. Though Sam has a reputation for being a know-it-all, he does have the difficulty of accepting when he just cannot do something.

Agreeable - Unless Sam feels very strongly about something, Sam can and will drop his own opinion to get along with others. At times, Sam might beat a point into someone or display how he feels with an eccentric fireworks display. This would only happen when he feels impossibly strongly for something. Otherwise, Sam would go out of his way to be liked and can often be considered or reported to be flirtatious. Not having fun or appreciating your time with Sam can often be a difficult task.

Rightious - With a massive distaste for the condescending or needlessly evil, Sam will go out of his way to defend the weak. A guilt builds within Sam from years of feeling like a burden or taking on the guilt of his fake father's crimes. Nothing will keep Sam from putting himself between a bully and a victim in his eyes. When he was younger, Sam felt conflicted when he wanted to punch another boy but they wore glasses. He overcame this fear as he came to meet someone who consistently proved to be evil at heart had worn glasses and yet, deserved to be punched. Through this personality trait, Sam makes enemies and puts himself in harms way to protect people who could not protect themselves. This personality also sends compulsions throughout his heart to help people and take underlings under his wing.

Biography: Born on a forgotten island, home to various nasty pirate legends and the origin land of many well known marines, Sam would seem to have been destined for great things right away. Quickly going poor with his father never returning from his enlistment in the marines, his mother bringing numerous questionable men home, Sam felt his self-worth dwindle over his first five years of life. With his final parent abandoning his home for adventure at the open seas, Sam would see many months of starvation and mentally-damaging boredum of epic sizes.

That is, until his 'Father' would return. With only aged photos and his mother's stories to go by, the young Sam accepted this sudden arrival immediately. Impersonating his father for a very long time, only his father's original marine crew would be able to the difference. After posing as Sam's father for over a year at seas, the criminal became a pirate captain of his own ex-marine crew and intercepted cargo that included two different and powerful Devil fruit. One he ate instantly and the other he kept for Sam. This fake father knew of Sam from stories told by his real father. Arriving at the island with the idea of using a son's loyalty and the power of the second fruit, he had his men evade capture by the marines to approach Sam.

The final night spent at home, the fake father entered the house and gave Sam the fruit. When the man figured out that the Marines had yet to dock the island right after he did, he decided he had plenty of time to think it over and maybe eat the second fruit himself. The man showed his true colors after Sam had already devoured the Kaze Kaze no Mi. Grabbing a knife, the man would attempt to cut open Sam's stomach and retrive the powerful Devil Fruit. Unfortunately for the ex-marine, the fruit had been consumed completely and the knife failed to harm Sam by allowing him to seperate into wind.

After escaping his den of hell and the man he would believe to be his father, Sam had assumed his wind-form and was taken out into the ocean by the gusts of the island. Without much luck, the marine boats were the closest landing point. On one of these ships would be the division commander, also more commonly known as General Izo. General Izo is a powerful, spirited Bearman that has risen through the human ranks of marines rather early in his career. After becoming 'General' Izo, the popular Bearman would hunt down many pirate legends and put an end to their career through his marvelous combat style known as 'Bear Fist'.

General Izo's mission over the past month would be to chase down Sam's father for his reported treason and recover both devil fruits. His kind heart made it difficult to not take Sam under his wing and train him. The story of becoming strong to destroy a certain man would ring familiar with General Izo and he swore to train Sam. With the promise to never go after the hollow revenge, Sam stayed with General Izo throughout his childhood and learn to better manipulate his Devil Fruit and train his body to learn the 'Bear Fist' Style.

Maturing and fostering a heart of rightiousness, a teen-aged Sam ran into another teen known as Menra. General Izo had captured and recaptured the dangerous Menra over and over in a cycle as Menra would always escape. Menra was the first human Sam had met with spirit that rivaled his mentors and the two of them would seem to be the same age. Though General Izo insisted that Sam would stay away from Menra, Sam would visit the captured swordsman anyway. Menra was fun, and quickly grew to be a friend of Sam's.

With years progressing and the desire for true closure encompassing his heart, Sam released Menra from his most complete cell and the two of them joined a gang of renegades who sought to travel to the Grand Line. Sam's father was rumored to have actually made it into the Grand Line and made a base out of one of the lesser known islands. After securing the means to navigate the Grand Line and accomplese the other renegades' goals, Sam and Menra finally stepped foot on the island tha the fake father resided on.

A preordained fight of impossible magnitude took place between the man who had ruined his life, and our green-haired wonder himself. The fight was so intense that very few other beings on the island could even enter the fight without risking instant death. Through Sam's wishes, Menra was instructed to not help. After defeating this Pirate Captain, the fake father who definitely did destroy a Warlord in his days, Sam got an unfortunate piece of news from his fake father. This moment was when he learned that this man had only been using Sam's father's name all these years and that the real man was out there, somewhere. After learning this, Sam killed his fake father on the spot.

With both a missing father and mother, Sam felt no reason to look back to his little island he barely remembered anymore. Bounty hunters would be after Sam's head and only his sword-swinging friend Menra would get his back if anything went too far. They could go anywhere, and proved this by traveling on the Grand Line. They could do anything and proved this by demonstrating might powerful enough to kill a man who killed a Warlord. Sam continues his journey with Menra on a simple orange ship with plain grey sails and no flag. Today, the two of them argue over the importance of having a goal.

Combat:

[spoiler=Bear Fist Style]

Bear Fist Style

Origins: The Bear Fist Style was first created by an actual Bearman known as General Izo. After taking Sam under his paw for over a decade, and building upon Sam's already naturally strong body, General Izo had passed on theBear Fist Style to his very first and only pupil. Years and years of training ensued for the green haired boy as he learned that he could lift anything with enough training. Through General Izo's guidance, Sam also learned that anything he could lift, he might eventually learn how to punch through.

[spoiler=Techniques]

Bear Fist - Bear durability: With all of his training, the toughness of Sam's body has naturally increased. He remains passively immune to damage of blades without the hand of a worthy combatant. Many falls or attacks that would hurt regular humans would also have a hard time dealing meaningful damage. Sam has faught with and survived direct confrontation with the sea's most powerful men, and this has always given him a chance to demonstrate an almost super human recovery rate.

Bear Fist - Bear Strike: By harnessing the true strength of Bear Fist Style, Sam can match fists with the best fist fighting melee combatants from any sea. Punches so powerful that he can bust almost any solid in two without so much as a scratch on his knuckles.

Bear Fist - Inhuman Agility: Training with General Izo to the point that Sam could spare one on one with the bearman has granted Sam an unbelievably powerful set of reflexes. While utilizing the Bear Fist technique, Sam can dodge and parry many attacks with very little effort.

[spoiler=Kaze Kaze no Mi]

Kaze Kaze no Mi

Origin: By eating the Kaze Kaze Devil Fruit, Sam has been granted Wind powers at the cost of his ability to swim. Sam refers to his Wind powers as 'Breeze Breeze' powers. The Devil Fruit are legendery and scarce fruit that have been noted to rob those who eat them of their ability to swim in exchange for greatly varied and devastating powers. This Kaze Kaze no Mi along with one other fruit was stolen from a marine trade ship and given to Sam at the age of five. Soon after eating it, Sam began training with General Izo and has directly learned first-hand from other Devil Fruit users at various moments in his life. A master of Kaze Kaze no Mi has tripled the previously noted maximum radius for his techniques to ninety meters and greatly increased the duration of his Breeze Breeze - Air Body technique.

[spoiler=Techniques]

Breeze Breeze - Displaced Air: Sensory Skill. Sam's domain over the winds surrounding his vessel on open water would actually be severely weakenned. And yet, he boasts the ability to detect land, other ships and all living beings above water up to fifteen miles in all directions regardless of the weather. His abilites of detection increase so greatly with his feat on land that it is no longer possible to explore a maximum range.

Breeze Breeze - Air Body: Non-Lethal. Sam can quickly transfer any or all of his body into an air body that viturally all attacks will pass through. This form can be kept for miles of travel over open sea as long as it doesn't fall into the water in anyway. While using Breeze Breeze - Air Body, Sam can move much faster and cannot perform lethal attacks or use Bear Fist Style as he would lack physical fists. Temperature affects his ability to use this form greatly. Fire attacks or natural heat will greatly expand Sam's Air Body and decrease it's travel speed while increasing the time he can remain in this form and seemingly removing any time it would take to transform into Air Body. While freezing attacks or naturally cold environments will make Sam appear much more thin and greatly increase the time it would take for him to use Breeze Breeze - Air Body on any portion of his body. This sharply decreses his duration of Air body while increasing his travel speed and reducing the odds he would touch water in this form.

Breeze Breeze - Air Wave: Non-Lethal. Sam can freely throw this technique at any time in any direction at will. A wave of Air will shoot from his body and launch into the designated direction as it greatly increases in size over ninety meters before fading out. Any target struck by this attack can find themselves losing balance. Heavy or crafty enemies can naturally resist or cuningly reduce the effectiveness of this attack while particularly light or stupid enemies will be mercilessly flung away without much effort.

Breeze Breeze - Burst Wave: Lethal under twenty meters. Requiring the direct influence of one of his hands to throw this ability, Sam shoots one of his Air Waves in a burst with more concentration. This takes a little windup and is limited to one direction at a time. Cuning enemies will have an increasingly difficult time reducing the effectiveness of this attack in close quaters while heavier enemies remain naturally ressistant. This unblocked attack to a loose and unprepared head might snap someone's neck and result in instant death.

Breeze Breeze - Burst Bullet: Lethal with direct contact. Making Lethal attacks of up to his full ninety meter range, Burst Bullet is one of Sam's favorite attacks while being one of his least flashy. By pointing his index finger in a diection and putting in a few second windup, Sam shoots a Bullet of raging wind that winds as it travels. During the second of travel, Sam cannot perform other Breeze Breeze techniques short of Air Body. The Bullet travels the full ninety meters in a second and will dissappear at that max range or two feet after hitting something. If this attack hits something, it's going a good two feet further through it regardless of what it is. Special types of armor that resist wind attacks for whatever reason my cut this attack's effectiveness in warm climates. However, cold environments transforms this attack to ensure it's two-feet of cutting power no matter what.

Breeze Breeze - Threaded Air Wall: Lethal. After a good moment of concentration with both of his fists closed and near his face, Sam can unleash one of his most devastating attacks. He can then launch his fists forward and open his hands to unleash a massive wall of tightly knitted sharp air ribbons that will dice up most things, including ships. It isn't uncommon for particularly thick enemies to take this attack and only get deep cuts on their skin that made contact. However, this would almost certainly leave them bleeding out. Hot air will greatly decrease the open air spaces between the air threads and increase the contact area of the attack while reducing it's cutting efficiency. While Cold air will drastically increase the squares of open air and sharpen the threads to the point that the net has square foot holes, but ensure it's cutting power through any target.

Breeze Breeze - Tornado Mode: Giving up his ability to use Air Body longer than a half-second burst and reducing his effective range in half, Sam greatly increases his Breeze Breeze power's cutting power and synchronizes his attacks well with Bear Fist Style by removing all windup times. Tornado Mode cannot be achieved at Sam's own will. Only emotions so powerful to completely overshadow all other imaginable feelings and cut open his subconscious awareness of how his powers work can kickstart Tornado Mode. Duration: 5 minutes in hot environments and 15 minutes in cold environments.

Breeze Breeze - Tornado Arena: Status Effect AoE. A zone precisely twenty metres around Sam appears as powerful winds lock weaker enemies out and serves to trap even powerful foes within. This is the ultimate defense and offense of his Tornado mode. Tornado Arena's power increases in stages. The speed of others within the tornado is reduced drastically based on the stage and their size while Sam's speed picks up with the stage. The Tornado Arena apears instantly at stage 1 and each additional stage doubles the effectiveness of the previous stage up to a maximum of 10 stages.

Breeze Breeze - Tornado Punch: Lethal. With no wind up time, Sam's punches can greatly enhance in power while using his Fruit power to apply a drilling action and send his opponents flying. When the hits land the Tornado Arena increases by 1 Stage.

Kaze Kaze - Vacuum Mode: Secret Form. Only ever achieved once before, when Sam draws what his body believes his final breath under stress and threatens to give out, the true might of a master of the kaze kaze no mi awakens. His subconscious control over his power awakens momentarily to transform all of his attacks into Kaze Kaze Vacuum attacks which gives them new suction qualities which pulls or pushes enemies with raw power. Vacuum mode can also be achieved through reaching stage 10 inside tornado Arena which negates all Tornado attacks during Vacuum mode. A hidden method of activating Vacuum mode which doesn't involve almost dying or Tornado mode would be an enchanted wind chime that belongs to a mountain hermit somewhere on the grand line. Vacuum mode reverses the effectiveness of temperatures and negates his weakness to heat while powering his attacks in the cold weather. Duration: Ten minutes or death. Indefinite if activated through the Chime.

Kaze Kaze - Vacuum Body: An improved version of Air body that pulls incoming attacks, weapons and opponents through Sam to ensure the attack or weapon is away from him or his opponent is pulled off their feet while he materializes for a more effective attack. Vacuum body does not have a maximum duration and increases Sam's speed in cold environments greatly. The lethal attack restriction remains.

Kaze Kaze - Vacuum wall: Non-Lethal. A wall is constructed and persists infront of Sam's hand which can expand nd move forward or become stationery. Once something hits the wall, a large chain of vacuums inside the wall will immediately fling the attack anywhere but on the original trajectory.

Kaze Kaze - Vacuum Bullet: Lethal. A destructive force and Sam's most powerful ranged attack. Like a regular Burst Bullet, Sam gives a little wind up with a single finger pointed forward. A violent windstorm within a tiny ball appears at the tip of his finger before launching forth at impossible speeds. At any point within ninety meters, the ball stops and expands with violently powerful vacuums rips and stretches everything inside while flinging it outward and pulling other materials inside to be stretched along random chaotic paths or torn and destoyed at any point. If this attack strikes an opponent that fails to teleport away, needs to breathe, cannot become immune to damage, they will likely die.

Kaze Kaze - Vacuum Punch: Lethal. Upon pulling his fist backwards, a single enemy and sucked toward Sam while all enemies behind him are forced backward. A violently destructive punch is launched toward this opponent which can shatter bones and pull all of the air out of their lungs on a miss. A direct attack is considered impossible to survive as Sam would be risking his own arm if it wasnt for his Bear Fist Style training.

Items of note:

A green-ink pen that he uses to place his signature that any keen eye will always determine the authenticity perfectly.

A thick but short notepad that is hidden on an inside pocket to his black coat.

"Sandy" - A portable transponder snail with a mind of her own. She is purple and can fit in pockets with big red lips. She sits on a finger and attatches like a ring when in use. Otherwise she traverses the ship or Sam's pockets. Being a gift from Generl Izo, Sam can connect to any other Transponder Snail by using his powerful wind powers to tweak Sandy's communication abilities. Few have the ability to reach Sandy as Sam can change the frequency required to reach Sandy on a whim. Sandy can talk on her own when not in use and blares like a horn when waiting to be picked up for a call.

date_masamune_avatar_fang___2_by_tysomo1

Menra Donu-20-Pirate

[spoiler=App]

Name: Menra Donu

Appearance:

date_masamune_by_haseo1333.jpg

Date Masasume-Sengoku Basara

Personality:

Hot blooded: Always craving a good fight and always ready to do so, armed or not. On the battlefield, he takes joy on fighting those that have passion like his own, and usually avoids those that do not have the same passion, unless ordered to take that specific person down.

Loyal: Any friend he makes, he keeps for life, always ready to serve and die for them. He stands up for them when they can not stand up for themselves, no matter who he stands against.

Cocky: When he believes he has a distinct advantage, he will play around with his foe, taunting them all the while.

Righteous: Debatable. He hates abuse of power and will try to stop it, but when he believes a party can do so on their own, and are just asking for an easy way, he will refuse to help them, unless ordered to.

Somber: When out of battle and not having fun, he thinks deeply, and his quieter than when in battle. He often is sadder, and less argumentative when like this.

Biography: Menra spent his childhood as the adopted son of a blacksmith Hamna. Hamna sparked the love of swords in Menra, who at the age of five learned how to forge swords, and wield them. He added another sword the older he got, until the age of eleven, where he could wield five swords.

Then one fateful day, a man appeared, offering a high payment for a specially crafted sword. After negotiations were made, Hamna and Menra spent the next six months crafting this sword. Six months later, the man returned, offering only a fourth of what was promised. Hamna refused, to which the man responded by taking the sword and stabbing him in the chest, and cutting Menra's right eye when the teen tried to enact revenge.

With his dying breaths, Hamna revealed to Menra that the now one eyed boy was adopted, and his real father still sailed the seas as a pirate. He then asked him to take a crimson blade with him. It was Menra's father's, and the pirate had left it for him. Menra, now armed with his sixth sword, when out to revenge Hamna.

After a few years, Menra was able to track the man down. The two had a duel, Menra using Rokutoryu. After a long and hard battle, Menra prevailed and took back the sword, giving him his seventh and final sword.

His life goal complete, he started to sail the seas, causing mischief wherever he went. This attracted the attention of General Izo, who could constantly capture him, and the one eyed teen would always escape. It became a game to him, and a fun one at that. He met a boy named Sam while in his cell, and the two bonded, soon becoming close friends, even though one was the apprentice of Izo while the other was the one causing him grief. Eventually, Sam would release Menra from the most complete cell, and the two have traveled together ever since.

Combat: Any move on a lower numbered style can be used in the higher ones.

[spoiler= Swords]

[spoiler=Ittoryu] (One Sword Style)

Techi Ryuuga: A simple sword swing that sends a haki wave. The more swords used, the more thrown.

Hayauchi Ryuu: A quick dash that renders him nearly invisible, cutting through an opponent.

[spoiler=Nitoryu] (Two Sword Style)

Ryuuha: An X shaped slash through an opponent.

[spoiler=Santoryu] (Three Sword Style)

Uzu Ryuu: holds two of his swords at an angle against each other and rotates them rapidly while running towards his opponent to create momentum; he then slashes.

[spoiler=Shitoryu] (Four Sword Style)

Shoryuga: juggles the enemies in front of him with 2 swords on his one hand.

[spoiler=Gotoryu] (Five Sword Style)

Rai Ryuu: quick stabs with his four swords, and then a final slash with his fifth.

[spoiler=Rokutoryu] (Six Sword Style)

Ryuu Doriru: He spins like a drill.

[spoiler=Shichitoryu] (Seven Sword Style)

Ryuu Owari : Six of his swords fly and surround the enemy, and he slashes away, bouncing off each sword and adding it to the slash until he has all seven, and delivers a final blow.

[spoiler=Busoshoku Haki]

Ryuu Hokori: A haki blast powered by his pride.

Ryuu Hodokan: A haki blast powered by his depression. A last resort move.

Items of note

[spoiler=Swords]

[spoiler=Saishoken]

The very first sword he ever forged.

[spoiler=Ryuuken]

The second sword he forged for himself. Jagged like a dragon's tooth. Preferred sword if he wants to make you suffer.

[spoiler=Shitsuren]

The third sword he forged for himself. It was forged when he first was rejected by a girl. As a result, is very fragile compared to the other swords.

[spoiler=Kagemi]

The fourth sword he forged for himself. The blade is as black as night. Preferred when he wants to be sneaky or be fast.

[spoiler=Kaiken]

The fifth sword he made for himself. Has small grooves in the blade that hold oil. When friction is applied, it caused the oil to ignite and the sword to catch on fire. The most complex sword he forged solo.

[spoiler=Satsui]

His father's sword. A crimson blade. Maybe cursed. Claims it has a mind of its own and craves blood. Noticeably glows slightly when blood is applied, but unsure if it is a trick of the mind or not. His preferred sword and the first he uses.

[spoiler=Kibou no Hikari]Tthe final sword he ever forged with Hamna. A golden sword that shines. Can light up dark places, but the shine is mostly for heroic effect. Used only when he takes his opponent completely seriously.

[spoiler=Free Agents]

Add a rules section to the OP please.

Is this a noncanon parallel world?

Might be inclined to join later down the line but don't have time for RPs right now.

My co-host is at work. The mix up with rules section had myself forget it in the excitement when we got our banner. (From Armz, nice guy.) I will have it in the second post, if that is okay just for now.

Yes, this is a non-canon parallel world. I really hope you do find time. There won't be a player maximum and I am pretty sure we won't have a cut off date for accepting. So there's no rush!!

Edit: Co-Host will be able to add the rules shortly.

I'm interested. I have thought of a couple devil powers that I would like to see, and even thought on how their users could look like, and this offers me the opportunity for developing at least 1 of them.

Your participation would be glorious.

If you could do either of the following things, it would be very healthy for the rp(if you don't want to do either, it is super cool beans.)

1. Make your character either a captain or a high ranking Marine. Sam and Menra are really meant to be side characters and having other groups to focus on for the rp would be amazing.

2: Have a practical crew skill. Saiku and I went and made our characters foolishly incapable of cooking or mending wounds. Lol. So the whole rp doesn't have a ship cook or even a doctor. Or a navigator. Lol.

Just some suggestions, really for anyone. Don't worry if your character in mind would do neither, or if you would like for them to join Sam's Crew early in the Rp. It is supposedly a relaxed/casual environment ;3

Archived