Dark Magician Girl Support - Aspiring Magician Girl

gmaster1991

w1MFktu.jpg

When this card is Summoned: Apply these effects, in sequence depending on the number of "Dark Magician Girls" on your side of the field or in your Graveyard at the time of summoning:
+ 2 or more: This card gains 1500 ATK and DEF, and it's Level becomes 6.
+ 4 or more: You can add 1 Quick-Play Spell Card from your Deck to your hand.
You can only activate the effect of "Aspiring Magician Girl" once per turn. This card's name becomes "Dark Magician Girl" while it is on the field or in the Graveyard.

Okay, so I ended up making a DMG counterpart to my "Illusion Magician" that I made last night.  It works fairly similarly, but it's final effect is somewhat easier to pull off since it only requires 4 DMGs compared to "Illusion Magician's" 5 DMs.  You may have also noticed that this card lacks the '+300 ATK for every DM and MoBC in either player's Graveyard' effect that the original DMG had.  This was intentional on my part, since 2000 ATK and no summoning restrictions is enough for a Level 1.

The problem right now is that DMG isn't exactly something you'd be using nowadays.

(Remember that you're in the Advanced section, and stuff gets graded based on how it functions against the existing pool)

Although, this would make running Dragon Knight less clunky to run (albeit you'll need to have it out on the field first).

That, and it can fuel for its first effect on its own.

However, it does provide you a faster way to make Magi*Magi, should you choose to run it, so suppose that's something.

Sure, this card will get access to Dark Burning, but you still need the original DM (or the Level 1 counterpart) you made for it.

-----

In all, the support helps, but as to whether or not it'll make DMG see play in today's format (as much as I still like her as a whole), I'm kinda skeptical.

Archived