A guide to, and discussion of /Symphonic Warriors/

Valkyrus

(for some reason the images from the wiki aren't allowed on here so I'm posting the links instead)

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Symphonic_Warrior_Guitaars

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Symphonic_Warrior_Miccs

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Symphonic_Warrior_Sizerrs

These are the 3 new cards that were added to the Symphonic archetype that make them one of the most fun engines in the game

Here are the effects:

Symphonic Warrior Guitaars

Pendulum Effect You can discard 1 card; Special Summon 1 "Symphonic Warrior" monster from your Deck, except "Symphonic Warrior Guitaars". You can only use this effect of "Symphonic Warrior Guitaars" once per turn. Monster Effect When this card is Normal Summoned: You can target 1 "Symphonic Warrior" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it.

Symphonic Warrior Miccs
Pendulum Effect Unless you have a "Symphonic Warrior" card in your other Pendulum Zone, this card's Pendulum Scale becomes 4. During your End Phase: You can target 1 of your banished "Symphonic Warrior" monsters; add it to your hand. Monster Effect You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by removing 3 Symphonic Counters from your side of the field. After you Normal or Special Summon this card, you can Normal Summon 1 monster during your Main Phase this turn, in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.)

Symphonic Warrior Sizerrs
FLIP: You can add 1 "Symphonic Warrior" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Symphonic Warrior Sizerrs".
Once per turn: You can target 1 "Symphonic Warrior" monster you control or in your Graveyard, except "Symphonic Warrior Sizerrs"; until the End Phase, this card's name becomes that monster's, and replace this effect with that monster's original effects. You can banish this card from your Graveyard, then target 1 of your banished "Symphonic Warrior" monsters, except "Symphonic Warrior Sizerrs"; Special Summon it.

First let's examine Guitaars:
undoubtedly the best card in the archetype and a definite 3-of in any build. It helps SS any of the other SW from the Deck.

Notable combos with it are with Odd-eyes Meteorburst dragon and Metaphys Horus that consist of 2 cards.
this + sizzers or piaano in hand = Meteorburst + a rank 3 or a Synchro 6. (note that Metaphys horus gains it's snatch steal effect because of guitaars being a pendulum)

The card has amazing synergy with Volcanics (being able to dump Blaze Acc Reload or a Shell/Counter for its effect). It also works well with Gusto Griff (being able to dump griff results in the special summon of 2 monsters from the deck without even using up a normal summon)

It's also 1500 ATK which means it can be searched by Odd-eyes Pendulum Dragon.

And because it is searchable by odd-eyes I would have preferred it to be scale 8 but that's just me trying to find a flaw in the card.

Still, Guitaars + Odd-eyes can Pendulum Miccs, which is another reason to tech Odd-eyes.

Second is Miccs:
The pendulum that completes the scale. (ran at 3,2 or 1). While it can be dead at times, its best effect is that it gives you an additional Normal Summon. And that doesn't just apply to SWs, which gives the deck even more combo options.

Another plus it has is that it has 2300 atk so it turns into an instant out to Winda/Unicore if you have Guitaars or a monster to tribute for it.

Another pro is that it is a level 5 Machine type monster. And what does that mean? 2 of those make Cyber Dragon Infinity.
And summoning 2 isn't exactly hard. Considering you have your scale completed, even if you have no Miccs in your hand/Extra, and only have materials for a level 7 synchro, you can SS Miccs from your Deck by Guitaars eff and then synchro 7 (without using Miccs) into Meteorburst which now targets the Miccs scale and SS's it. Now you have meteorburst + 2 Miccs on the field which can be used for making Cyber Infinity. Of course this means you'll have to be running 2 or more of Miccs in the first place.

Another way to make CDI, and perhaps the easier one consists of 2 specific cards in hand (Guitaars, Miccs, 1 tribute fodder + 1 discard fodder). You use Guitaars pend effect to SS Miccs, then normal summon the tribute fodder, and since you have an additional Normal summon, you can tribute summon the Miccs in your hand.

I won't be talking about its built-in SS effect since the field spell isn't a major part of the engine.
Additionally, being level 5 it opens up Synchro 8 plays (considering you run Piaano as your preferred Tuner. And imo, piaano is the most efficient one. But I'll talk about Piaano at the end.

Miccs' second Pendulum effect is, of course, also useful. Being able to +1 by recycling a Tuner or a Sizzers during the End Phase completes the cycle.

Sizzers:

The searcher in the archetype and one of the main combo enablers. This card's main effect is that it can be banished from the graveyard to SS a banished SW. That means it's a decent discard fodder for Guitaars and it's main job is to SS your banished Tuners. Or in some cases your banished Miccs. It's rather straight-forward.

It's also wind and level 4 which means it can be used to make Lightning Chidori with another wind level 4 monster (Symphonic Warrior Basses for example,  if you use its effect to boost its level up to 4.)

Its other effect that copies the effect of a SW Tuner is an interesting one, but I haven't found myself using  it as much in a non-pure symphonic build.

Sizzers in combination with Piaano also gives you access to the Synchro 7 pool, and in addition, makes Arcanite Magician by using Piaano's effect to make Sizzers a Spellcaster.

Now a little about the tuners:
Basses: The level 1 Tuner. Perhaps the most gimmicky of the tuners, it can create some amazing plays OR brick you depending on the situation. The main downside to it is that its level change effect is very dependent on your hand, which makes it less splashable than the other 2.

Drumss: The level 2 Tuner. It's main upside is that it can help you make Beelze and Michael, Lightsworn Lord. The attribute change can also help you make Gungnir, if needed. Perhaps there are more uses for it but I've found the first 2 to be the most useful for me.

Piaano: The MVP among the SW tuners. It gives you easier access to Arcanite Magician in addition to the Synchro 7 pool (mainly Meteorburst and Clear-Wing). Also being able to make Leviair with this and Guitaars (or any other level 3) can create some hilarious combos.

Also, when you're confident in your victory, there's nothing more satisfying/hilarious/evil than making this a "Divine-Beast" or "Creator-God-Type" and directly attacking for game with it.

Here are some funny techs I've used throughout my experiments with the  engine:

Transmodify:
Since all SWs are different levels it can be used to tribute the lower-leveled ones to summon the higher-leveled SWs.

Gold Sarco:
If you have a Sizzers in Grave but no banished SWs, this can help you set-up for a combo

Iron Call:
monster reborn for machines and considering all SWs are machines, it makes sense.

High-Speedroid Dahma:

By banished a SW from the grave with its burn effect, you can then banish Sizzers to SS that Tuner and continue your combos

Zephyros:
You can use Guitaars pend effect to discard Zephyros and ss a SW from your Deck (perhaps a tuner). Then, you can use Zephyros' effect to SS him by returning guitaars to your hand. You synch Zephyros with the tuner, then normal summon guitaars, SS the tuner with its effect, and Synchro/Xyz with the Tuner.

Sphere of Chaos:
One of the only faster searchers you can use to get to Guitaars. Yet being level 5 and having to Tribute summon it makes it a little more of a 1-of side deck option.

Finally, the engine:
3x Guitaars

1x(or up to 3x) Miccs (depending on whether you depend on your Pendulum Summons or want access to CDI)
3x Sizzers
1x Piaano/Drumms/Basses (since even if it gets banished, it's recyclable. Also, you don't want to draw into it too often)
1x (or up to 3x) Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon (for consistency since Guitaars is the MVP)

I hope this guide was useful to some of you. Now go make some Symphonic decks and have fun! I recommend putting the engine in Gusto and Volcanic Decks for maximum efficiency, but the engine can be incorporated into numerous other decks to give them a nice twist.

Nice guide!

I was actually running SWs pretty recently myself and one tech that I found quite useful was MPB O-Lion. It is a tuner itself, it floats from anywhere (thus making great discard fodder) and even puts in work in the grave, allowing the summon of another O-Lion to not slow down your plays. Maybe you could test it?

Nice guide!

I was actually running SWs pretty recently myself and one tech that I found quite useful was MPB O-Lion. It is a tuner itself, it floats from anywhere (thus making great discard fodder) and even puts in work in the grave, allowing the summon of another O-Lion to not slow down your plays. Maybe you could test it?

Thanks! Hmm, that's actually pretty neat. I've never played Mecha Phantom Beasts so I've never come across the card but I'll definitely test it out!

Archived