YCM Grand Pokémon Tournament 6

Flash Flyer - Sakura

As you probably know by now, the tournament has indeed started.

Due to circumstances, I reverted the thing back to 128 and had the RNG randomize stuff.

iU8EggM.png

In any case, second batch of matches is up, so go ahead and vote.

I have opted to do 12 matches this time, given that on the day that I would post the 4th regular batch, I will have midterms to attend to.

However, it will allow us to get through the prelims faster.

Although, because this is the second batch, it's likely that a few of your nominations have went out in the last one (which for some reason ended yesterday instead of in 3.5 hours).

Just going to remind people that I indeed have a screenshot of the fight schedule in case things come up.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I lost Kyurem and Keldeo this round, former was close.

Although I will activate it if certain Pokes are killed.

For this batch, I'll probably lose 1 nom in 1-9 (* flips off RNG *) and probably in other matches, depending on how things go.

Latios has a hard battle ahead of him.

-----

TBH, I didn't expect Metagross to lose, but...anything could happen.

At the moment, yes, although it might pull off a miracle.

Furret and Tauros certainly did, but not before earning the ire of some others.

I'm going to try and keep my kill list down this time around (or rather, not use it if I can), but if things happen, list will be reactivated.

We shall see though.

Jolteon is screwed, but I kind of figured that out by now.

Matches I need to keep tabs on (due to nominations): 9, 10, 15, 17, 20

Some of them have comfy leads; others can sway, especially because of gridlock.

Remind me to get the last twelve prepared.

(This time though, the matches are open for their full 2 day period)

Wonder what would've happened if the first 8 had locked on the day they were supposed to; would that have changed anything.

Yeah, it's too late to have do-overs, but given the usual activity in this section, I'd probably reckon that not much would've changed if things had gone on properly.

A few ties in batch 2, but that's okay.

Anyway, the last batch of fights is up.

In case you're wondering, I had them made a few hours prior to the match ending (pretty much due to being busy with other stuff) + kept them hidden; also gives you the full 2 days allotted to vote.

I didn't make any votes in the thread until after the last twelve were locked + formally closed.

Only lost 1 nomination in the last batch, though it was in the match with another nom, so I shouldn't be too surprised, however since the other two in that match went through due to a tie, those two will entre my kill list.

As for this batch, too early to say at this point, but I have a handful of matches to keep my eye on.

The preliminary matches are complete, and out of the 128 'mons we started with, 81 of them survived on to Round 2.

Because of this, the next matches will end up as single 1v1 fights (well, half of them anyway). Others will be 3P battles due to the overflow.

Otherwise, we'd probably end up stuffing 5-6 mons into each match.

-----

Now then, I'll be posting the R2 brackets at the end of the week (likely on Friday/Saturday after I finish with my midterms at that time).

I will be using the 3 batch format for matches; 10 fights in batch 1 and 11 each in the other two.

-----

In other news, I suppose a few of us will be compiling our kill lists for Round 2.

And just as I thought it would, Crobat falls, not that I'm surprised tbh.

[spoiler=Remaining Nominations 6/16]

Feraligatr
Umbreon
Gallade
Goodra
Salamence
Celebi
Beedrill
Gardevoir
Flygon
Hydreigon
Magmortar
Ampharos

[spoiler=Kill list for Round 2 (Currently at 4)]

Lilligant
Furret
Tauros
Latios
Floatzel
Garchomp
Volcarona

[spoiler=Nominations left (12/16)]

Latias

Latios

Lucario

Xerneas

Yveltal

Garchomp

Lugia

Blaziken

Reshiram

Mewtwo

Arcanine

Rayquaza

[spoiler=Bingo Book/Kill List]

Altaria

Sandshrew

Vanilluxe

Masquerain

Porygon-Z

Since Espy died, I have a list (though kind of short because certain 'mons I like too much to put on list)

Although one of them is probably going to end up as a shocker (that match was partly a YMB in disguise)

Archived