Let's make Zombie World playable again! (Necromancer's Sorcery)

Kanashimi

[spoiler=It's sad that in today's format, this badass card doesn't have place in Zombie.dek'']ZombieWorld-LCJW-EN-UR-1E.png

I'm trying to make above card playable again, so . . . here it is ^-^ :

mwIPvUA.jpg

Necromancer's Sorcery

[spell/Continuous]

Activate only if there is a Zombie-Type monster on the field. Both players can only Normal Summon or Set monsters from their Graveyard, instead from their hand but shuffle it to Deck when it leaves the field. If a monster is Normal or Special Summoned whose Type is different than its original (printed) Type: Negate its effect(s) while it is face-up on the field. During either player's End Phase: If there are no Zombie-Type monster on the field; banish this card.

Suggestions and criticisms are very appreciated~

Note : And yes, i'm trying new things again (Normal Summon/Set from Graveyard) :>

EDIT : Fixes some wording issues and reworked the "Normal Summon/Set from Graveyard" thing to avoid stoopid loop

Activate only if there is a face-up Zombie-Type monster on the field. Both players can only Normal Summon or Set a monsters from their Graveyard, instead of from their hand. If a monster is Normal or Special Summoned whose Type is different than its original (printed) Type: Negate its effect(s) while it is face-up on the field. During either player's End Phase: If there are no face-up Zombie-Type monster on the field, banish this card.

Face-down cards have no checkable Type, even if the player knew their identity before turning them face-down.

I have mild problems with what would ensue from this. Locking both players' NS to their Graveyard instead of their hand would mean the same few monsters being revived and beaten back over and over again. It's likely to create stalled board states since both players will be able to consistently bring back what they just lost, or result in persistent back-and-forth in board states and damage until one player runs out of LP.

Face-down cards have no checkable Type, even if the player knew their identity before turning them face-down.

I have mild problems with what would ensue from this. Locking both players' NS to their Graveyard instead of their hand would mean the same few monsters being revived and beaten back over and over again. It's likely to create stalled board states since both players will be able to consistently bring back what they just lost, or result in persistent back-and-forth in board states and damage until one player runs out of LP.

Umm . . . fair enough, looks like i need to do something with the "Normal Summon/Set from Graveyard" so it wont make repeated monster being revived and such . . . (should i remove this effect? or re-work it?)

(i'll think of something then)

>Implying Zombie World is unplayable in today's game

>I run three copies of it and three copies of Terraforming

>uwotm8?

That said, as a Zombie fan, I like this card quite a bit.  It makes something like a more control/stun-based Zombie deck plausible as opposed to the aggro-oriented decks you'll see these days.  And I like that idea.  Being unable to normal summon from the hand, however, makes this problematic, since literally every monster - both for you and your opponent - is a dead draw unless you have Zombie Master on the field, and even if he is, he won't be there for long most likely.  On the whole though, I like this card.

>Implying Zombie World is unplayable in today's game

>I run three copies of it and three copies of Terraforming

>uwotm8?

That said, as a Zombie fan, I like this card quite a bit.  It makes something like a more control/stun-based Zombie deck plausible as opposed to the aggro-oriented decks you'll see these days.  And I like that idea.  Being unable to normal summon from the hand, however, makes this problematic, since literally every monster - both for you and your opponent - is a dead draw unless you have Zombie Master on the field, and even if he is, he won't be there for long most likely.  On the whole though, I like this card.

Glad someone like it ^-^

Archived