No Sleep - High Dreams

Arimetal

So, I was thinking: If Reincarnation is a thing, can it be related to the animals who are unexplainably different from their group, like when e.g. a lion befriends with a deer or a female cat allows doggies to suck from her?

I mean, would a previously born animal or person instinctively behave better/differently afterwards?

(If you didn't notice, humans are included to the case of being reborn as animals and not only as humans)

I think a lot of it has to do with the environment one grows up in, that impression. You've probably heard of like ducks or chicks that see humans or other species as their mothers in the absence of their birth mothers. Regardless of if reincarnation exists, I'm not sure if that can be cited as an explanation

Nah you were pretty clear, I'm just saying a lot of these animals probably grew up in artificial environments like captivity, where that sort of natural predatory behavior never exactly developed so they have no problems being friendly with other animals. The cat/dog example kind of follows the duck example I mentioned, in the absence of a maternal figure that'll often happen. Simply conjecture, but still, reincarnation seems like a stretch

Well, the way I see reincarnation, is that after you die, there's a chance that you may be reincarnated into the creature that represents you the best. For example: A head-strong born leader may be reincarnated as a lion; a shy and quiet individual may be reincarnated as a snail or turtle; a ferocious and hot-blooded person may be reincarnated as a gorilla, or anything else that would better represent the characteristics given.

So, thoughts?

I don't thinking it can ever be "right", but it can certainly be effective. Iirc the Occupy movements or some related thing made getting to work in NYC a nightmare. For a protest, interfering with the public will garner you more attention, which seems to be the aim. But I think the magnitude of the protest, the polarity of the issue, and the amount of support kinda of factor into it. Bad example, but it's the only one I can think of: if y'all remember, there's an episode of Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide, where they get the entire student body to protest and not go to class. It was over something trivial, but the had the majority on their side. The VP threatened to expel anyone who didn't go to class, but due to the sheer number of possible expulsions, it wasn't a situation the school wanted to be in, so he gave in to the protest.

So I guess I'm saying it's wrong, but that's why it's so effective

I don't think so. I honestly think they should be arrested. They can have their campaigns, they can hang fliers, but I need to get to school/work. So they don't need to disrupt me or anyone elses day in such a way. There are better ways to do it, blocking my car, makes me want to not listen to what you have to say, what.so.ever.

I don't think so. I honestly think they should be arrested. They can have their campaigns, they can hang fliers, but I need to get to school/work. So they don't need to disrupt me or anyone elses day in such a way. There are better ways to do it, blocking my car, makes me want to not listen to what you have to say, what.so.ever.

This pretty much. However, we (each one of us) tend to know things from the Media, our work or people and surroundings close to us. Not that we only learn from them, but the infuence is stronger from them.

Protesting so openly gives us the idea of a group or very unsatisfied people from something, hence learning that something is not right. It may interest us, it may not. This is all to it; everything else is just a nuisance to everybody else except the in-problem people.

"Ok, I realise that something's wrong. It interests me/I wanna join/I don't see what's the problem/you don't let me work!" etc.

So, new subject.

Where is the line on incest?

E.g. 3rd cousins/Step-Siblings/Twins/etc.

And what causes it? Like, other than lust for the other person, why are people drawn towards family members?

How does the "It isn't just lust" argument rub off for you?

If you have any interesting input, feel free to add.

(I'm asking cuz there was a case recently in my home town where apparently a boy impregnated his cousin)

Where is the line on incest?

4th cousins.

And what causes it? Like, other than lust for the other person, why are people drawn towards family members?

Cause they're either extremely attractive or extremely close, usually the latter because it has to be mutual to actually happen, otherwise you're just creepy.

How does the "It isn't just lust" argument rub off for you?

Lust is only a sexual desire, so any personal connections that aren't related to sex is out of the question.

We just covered inbreeding in Genetics class, with each distant generation, inbreeding coefficient decreases by a factor of two; basically, offspring are at risk for more stuff, it's just a matter of what percentage you think is low enough to take that risk, and in regards to that, I can't offer an opinion

Honestly, I don't see anything wrong with the concept of having those types of feelings for someone closely related to you, it's just when you get down to the genetics, you can potentially put other people at risk

• 2 weeks later...

Archived