The "Boombot Bandit" archetype is focused around the randomness of topdecking, with all the monsters being compulsory hand traps that are useless on the field, with the exception of the XYZ Monster. The deck has no monsters with more than 0 ATK or DEF, relying on either burning or decking out your opponent. The deck also plays around with banished cards, banishing its own cards to perform its defensive maneuvers and most of its negation and removal banishing cards as a result.

[spoiler=DETAILS]

All Boombots are Fire/Machines, Level 1 and have 0 ATK and DEF.

Visual Theme - All Boombots are small, humanoid robots with heads shaped like generic cartoon-y bombs. All Boombots are dressed up like Mexican bandits and armed with whatever they are named after. Each one attempts to look threatening and villainous, but their short stature and small design only makes them look adorable.

Archetype's gimmick - Any Boombot monsters you have in your hand during your Standby Phase are revealed, activating their effects and shuffling themselves into your opponent's deck. Some are positive effects and some are negative, with the deck's trap cards focused on making sure that you gain the positive effects and your opponent has to deal with all the negative ones.

Common Effect Text - During your Standby Phase, if this card is in your hand, reveal it: [...], then shuffle this card into your opponent's Deck.

- This card can only be Normal Summoned and cannot be Set. If this card is Normal Summoned: [cost]

Win Con. - Burn, Deck Denial (Removing set pieces via banishing and creating dead draws by shuffling negative effects into your opponent's deck)

Weaknesses - Extremely slow with absolutely no board presence

Cannot salvage cards from the graveyard, losing to discard effects (like Dark World)

[spoiler=MONSTERS]

Boombot Seefor

This card can only be Normal Summoned and cannot be Set. During your End Phase, if this card is in your hand, reveal it: Draw 1 card, then shuffle this card into your opponent's Deck.

Boombot Mikaze

This card can only be Normal Summoned and cannot be Set. If this card is Normal Summoned: Pay 1000 LP. During your End Phase, if this card is in your hand, reveal it: Inflict 500 damage to yourself, then shuffle this card into your opponent's Deck.

Boombot Arpy

This card can only be Normal Summoned and cannot be Set. If this card is Normal Summoned: Banish the top 4 cards of your Deck. During your End Phase, if this card is in your hand, reveal it: Banish the top 2 cards of your Deck, then shuffle this card into your opponent's Deck.

Boombot Phewze

This card can only be Normal Summoned and cannot be Set. During your Standby Phase, if this card is in your hand, reveal it: Place 1 Level 1 monster with 0 ATK or DEF on top of your Deck, then shuffle this card into your opponent's Deck.

Boombot Tonate

This card can only be Normal Summoned and cannot be Set. During your Standby Phase, if this card is in your hand, reveal it: Excavate the top 3 cards of your Deck, add up to 1 excavated Level 1 monster to your hand; also shuffle the rest back into your Deck, then shuffle this card into your opponent's Deck.

Boombot Diena

This card can only be Normal Summoned as the first action of your Main Phase and cannot be Set. When this card is Normal Summoned: End the turn. During your End Phase, if this card is in your hand, reveal it: Skip your next Battle Phase, then shuffle this card into your opponent's Deck.

Boomboss Bandito

2 Level 1 Monsters with 0 ATK or DEF

You may XYZ Summon this monster using 1 "Boombot" monster as XYZ Material, and if you do, attach 1 banished "Boombot" monster as XYZ Material or destroy this card. This monster cannot be destroyed by battle. Once per turn: You can attach 1 banished "Boombot" card as Xyz Material. Once per turn, during your Standby Phase: Detatch 1 "Boombot" Xyz Material from this card; shuffle it into either player's Deck then banish the top 2 cards of your opponent's deck and inflict 500 damage to them.

[spoiler=TRAPS]

Boombot Bye-Bye/Trap

Once per turn, during either player's turn, when a card effect is activated: Banish a "Boombot" monster from your Deck, and if you do, negate the activation and banish it.

Boombot Betrayal/Continuous

Once per turn, during either player's turn, whenever a "Boombot" monster is revealed: Negate its effect, and if you do, shuffle that monster into either player's Deck.

Boombot Burst/Continuous

Once per turn, when a "Boombot" monster is revealed, target 1 face-up card on the field: Banish that card.

Boombot Blitz/Continuous

Whenever a "Boombot" monster is revealed: Inflict 300 damage to your opponent.

Boombot Bait'n'Switch/Continous

Once per turn, when a "Boombot" monster is revealed: Negate its effect and shuffle it into your Deck, then if you do, search your Deck for 1 "Boombot" card and add it to your hand.

Boombot Brothers/Counter

Once per turn, during either player's turn, when a card effect is activated that would destroy a "Boombot" or "Boomboss" monster(s) you control: Banish a "Boombot" monster from your deck, and if you do, negate the activation and banish it.

One thing is that you should specify which of your Traps are normal, continuous, or counters. Since the Boombots monster effects have to activate, and they aren't really negative to one side, they do also plus your opponent too like "Boombot Seefor". Also your Xyz Monster "Boomboss Bandito" should require at least 2 or more materials like all other Xyz Monsters,because I've never seen one use 1 Xyz Material to bring it out, excluding Chaos Xyz Summoning and RUM. And its first and last effects are very confusing and worded weirdly. I can't really say much about that one because I can't understand half its effects. Diena would never be able to Normal Summon itself because its revealing effect during the Standby Phase is a must activate, as it is worded without the clause "You can..." just like all the others who have effects that trigger when they are Normal Summoned. Phewze should say "Place 1 Level 1 monster with 0 ATK or DEF on top of your Deck," and then the rest. I would say the rest but basically they just need some OCG fixing.

One thing is that you should specify which of your Traps are normal, continuous, or counters.

1. Whoops, my bad on the traps. That's fixed.

Since the Boombots monster effects have to activate, and they aren't really negative to one side, they do also plus your opponent too like "Boombot Seefor".

2. Because the effects are compulsory, you have to use your traps to filter which effects resolve for who. Granted, the traps weren't labeled before, but the core game play is to go ham on your reveal/activations, negating the adverse effects with either Betrayal or Bait'n'Switch or removing them completely from your deck with the XYZ

Also your Xyz Monster "Boomboss Bandito" should require at least 2 or more materials like all other Xyz Monsters,because I've never seen one use 1 Xyz Material to bring it out, excluding Chaos Xyz Summoning and RUM. And its first and last effects are very confusing and worded weirdly. I can't really say much about that one because I can't understand half its effects.

3. Speaking of the XYZ, I do agree he was worded terribly and I'll try to fix that. The first effect is so densely written because the deck, by itself, can't actually get two Boombots on the field very easily, so he needs an alternate way to get on there. The second effect is poorly written because I didn't proofread it. Both are fixed.

Diena would never be able to Normal Summon itself because its revealing effect during the Standby Phase is a must activate, as it is worded without the clause "You can..." just like all the others who have effects that trigger when they are Normal Summoned.

4. This is a problem that was created by me being a MTG player. I'm used to Upkeep -> Draw as opposed to Draw -> Standby, so that didn't occur to me. In hindsight, this also means that the XYZ is impossible to bring out, basically. As a fix, I've decided to move all the effects to activate in the End Phase, all Boombots now have "This card can only be Normal Summoned and cannot be Set.", and Diena's effect was changed accordingly.

Phewze should say "Place 1 Level 1 monster with 0 ATK or DEF on top of your Deck," and then the rest. I would say the rest but basically they just need some OCG fixing.

5. Went and made the Phewze changes. I took a look at all the monsters, and in the end I only changed Tonate. Did I miss any?

Archived