Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God [OOC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

* * * * * 1 votes Pokemon Gijinka Adventure A CowCow RP

• Please log in to reply
530 replies to this topic

Mr. Hyde

Mr. Hyde

Dressed up Dragon

• Hero
  • 6,345 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 09:52 PM
  • Alias:Hydreigon

I guess it doesn't make sense to have weapons either when attacks basically take their spot already.  Why would you need a sword if you have already found a way to cut objects with Slash or literally Cut.  Slam takes out any blunt force weapons as well.  Weapons wouldn't be necessary to beings who already wield powers greater than that of any weapon.  

Posted Image

The Past is a Cyber Dino

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Jack of All Trades
  • 3,427 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 11:46 PM
  • Alias:Yui

By the way, I finished Fawkes.  I'll get to work on Kah soon.

justyui.gif

Aix

Aix

Wolf & Spice & Everything Nice

• Wise Wolf

• 5,708 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Aix
  • Spouse:CowCow

I am not accepting "logical" as a reason in a world such as this sorry but we have people shooting poison gunk and spitting fire literally.

And so let's look at this at an RP standpoint, not a logical one, because if we force pure logic we'll lose a lot in the RP. What do they add? Coolness maybe. Though I'd argue Slash forming an energy blade is cool.

They add nothing, they give those able to wield a weapon an edge, and weapons automatically take precedence in many fights. Look to many shows and games and such that don't use them and say "Well logically weapons would make them stronger" Yes, maybe it's somewhat logical.
But we don't use pure logic here, even if you think any RP here has that it doesn't. There's always something illogical about the way it's set up. And it's set up that way to make the RP work better as an RP experience.

Worlds with people shooting poison gunk and spitting fire still have their own intuitive logic, and there is a difference between minor logical discrepancies that no one will pay attention to and logical problems that actually hold any sort of impact because the problem is directly relevant to a major aspect of the media (combat).

It is also a freedom inhibition in a RP, a medium that has the advantage of almost absolute freedom. Can I not pick up a kitchen knife or a large stick?

Balance-wise, those of higher level and/or higher class abilities are already given an edge. Characters that rely on strategy more than blind might also have an edge. And there are other methods of balance than imposing a rather forced limit. The most straightforward example would be to say those who have dedicated time in training martial arts and weapons would have taken less time in training their special abilities. From then on, you also use the RP balancing mechanism of checking over an app for characters that are overpowered, and change them.

Posted Image

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Neopolitan

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 10,848 posts
    Last Visit Today, 12:54 AM
  • Alias:Lord CowCow
  • Spouse:Shiki/Aix

Worlds with people shooting poison gunk and spitting fire still have their own intuitive logic, and there is a difference between minor logical discrepancies that no one will pay attention to and logical problems that actually hold any sort of impact because the problem is directly relevant to a major aspect of the media (combat).

It is also a freedom inhibition in a RP, a medium that has the advantage of almost absolute freedom. Can I not pick up a kitchen knife or a large stick?

Balance-wise, those of higher level and/or higher class abilities are already given an edge. Characters that rely on strategy more than blind might also have an edge. And there are other methods of balance than imposing a rather forced limit. The most straightforward example would be to say those who have dedicated time in training martial arts and weapons would have taken less time in training their special abilities. From then on, you also use the RP balancing mechanism of checking over an app for characters that are overpowered, and change them.

You're saying the same thing over and over so I can't really respond to that. But put it this way. Why would a character pick up a stick instead of use, idk, Double-Slap when it amounts to almost the same thing. Or a sword instead of Slash. Or throw a rock instead of Thunderbolt. You can sure but there's no need. Because that's how powers work, they're intended to be greater than the average attack. Thus it's impractical to bother with it.

It just would add potential complications instead of just saying "It's just that way." The weapons don't add anything. It doesn't limit freedom because weapons don't add anything that you can't do already.

You didn't respond to the point that all RPs and media have issues with logic such as these for the sake of the story/flow/experience.

8PBUpdp.gif

J-Max

J-Max

Madolche Enthusiast

• Madolche
  • 13,221 posts
    Last Visit May 15 2018 10:19 AM
  • Spouse:ur mom

I would throw the whole Cubone and Marowak using a Bone thing into here but I do not want to seem like a Troll. I think that Organic objects can be used as weapons such as Rocks and the like. Swords and other Man Made weapons should be only used in the most extreme of cases.

Posted Image

Aix

Aix

Wolf & Spice & Everything Nice

• Wise Wolf

• 5,708 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Aix
  • Spouse:CowCow

You're saying the same thing over and over so I can't really respond to that. But put it this way. Why would a character pick up a stick instead of use, idk, Double-Slap when it amounts to almost the same thing. Or a sword instead of Slash. Or throw a rock instead of Thunderbolt. You can sure but there's no need. Because that's how powers work, they're intended to be greater than the average attack. Thus it's impractical to bother with it.

So if weapons don't do anything, what's the point in disallowing them?

It just would add potential complications instead of just saying "It's just that way." The weapons don't add anything. It doesn't limit freedom because weapons don't add anything that you can't do already.

What potential complications? Weapons don't do anything, apparently.

Yeah, there is freedom limits. For example, if there was a situation a had no options open except try sneaking up to their enemy and hitting him really hard on the head with a stick because they had no melee powers, or they could try running away. They have one less option in that situation.

There's also the freedom of character creation. What if I wanted to make a charmander who was shit at spewing fire and thus decided he's going to rely on his grit?

You didn't respond to the point that all RPs and media have issues with logic such as these for the sake of the story/flow/experience.

I said there is a difference between minor logical discrepancies that no one will pay attention to and logical problems that actually hold any sort of impact because the problem is directly relevant to a major aspect of the media (combat). Weapons are evidently something that someone would consider and thus they encounter the wall of no weapons allowed.

Additionally, badly done logic is a flaw. People may overlook a flaw, but for a creator, there is no reason to overlook a flaw if there is an alternative to that flaw that can effectively accomplish the same things.

You didn't respond to my alternative.

Posted Image

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Neopolitan

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 10,848 posts

So if weapons don't do anything, what's the point in disallowing them?

What potential complications? Weapons don't do anything, apparently.

Yeah, there is freedom limits. For example, if there was a situation a had no options open except try sneaking up to their enemy and hitting him really hard on the head with a stick because they had no melee powers, or they could try running away. They have one less option in that situation.

There's also the freedom of character creation. What if I wanted to make a charmander who was s*** at spewing fire and thus decided he's going to rely on his grit?

I said there is a difference between minor logical discrepancies that no one will pay attention to and logical problems that actually hold any sort of impact because the problem is directly relevant to a major aspect of the media (combat). Weapons are evidently something that someone would consider and thus they encounter the wall of no weapons allowed.

Additionally, badly done logic is a flaw. People may overlook a flaw, but for a creator, there is no reason to overlook a flaw if there is an alternative to that flaw that can effectively accomplish the same things.

You didn't respond to my alternative.

They would do something if I allowed them. They're either pointless or cause issues.

Don't you get sarcastic with me young man XP

If someone is in a situation where they can't use any of their powers there's clearly a very good reason for that. And I never said you couldn't pick up a random rock if you felt like it. Just that there aren't any specially made weapons for battle purpose.

Then you make a Charmander that relies on his grit? Give him Slash and things like that? It's not like there aren't built in moves for that kinda thing.

Again there's no real wall without the weapon. Most things using weapons would be physical in nature otherwise they wouldn't be able to yes? You can still punch a guy in the face if all else fails. Saying you can't do anything without a weapon is false.

It doesn't accomplish the same thing, it's a totally different idea. Weapon vs no weapon. You're telling me the hundreds of things that don't have a character pick up a gun/sword/etc and use that to fight the bad guy is totally wrong and that everything needs to allow them?

Which alternative do you mean?

Look here's the thing. An RP such as this can be run effectively either way, and this is the choice I made. So far I have for sure 5 people (at least one of which not in the RP) saying they want weapons and 5 (won't name names if they don't want to) that say no weapons is the way to go. So it's not like I can just say "Nah I'll go with weapons now".

Edit: I mean if I really have give a IC reason I will just have it that Arceus disapproves of weaponry and smited the fuck out of people who created it in the past. And people haven't attempted it since that story has been passed down. Which Arceus made sure it'd get passed down and remembered.

Edited by Morgan Reaperson, 06 October 2015 - 09:52 PM.

8PBUpdp.gif

Usami Rainko

Usami Rainko

Time moves like a toy box

• Back Alley Alliance
  • 2,201 posts
    Last Visit Jun 14 2018 10:40 PM
  • Alias:Mitcher

So many people.........Oh well. WIP incomin'.

And I don't mind no weapons. I don't think there should be a downright ban but it's preferred to most people having weapons.

Cold Crown

BOYS, BE AMBITIOUS!

VD78ldS.png

Kill Son Goku

Kill Son Goku

Son Goku Detected!

• Elite Members
  • 1,640 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Saiku

The speedy one

Posted Image

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Neopolitan

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 10,848 posts

I'll check people's apps another time, keep it up guys :3

I was thinking of a possible solution. Because as I see it either weapons would be impractical or overly good. And thus I shall decree.

Weapons can be made, they are rare however. And they are weaker than a Gijinka's natural attacks. Thus usually they're impractical and it's not common to use one.

Keep in mind a Slash attack generally will be stronger than a weapon as it comes from the Pokemon's natural Aura and the weapon disrupts that.

And so that's how it'll be. Sorry if this is an issue but I really think it's for the best.

• Yui likes this

8PBUpdp.gif

Dad

Dad

There will be no prison which can hold our movement down.

• Moderators

• 14,554 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 10:22 PM
  • Discord:Pops#5515
  • Alias:Dad
  • Spouse:Hip-hop

Just popping in to say, one of you pussies needs to play Snorlax.  Man the fuck up, and play Snorlax.  You have no reason not to.

Deuces.  Looking forward to the story.

lhRwFoL.jpg

Gangsters.  Outlaws.

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Neopolitan

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 10,848 posts

Just popping in to say, one of you pussies needs to play Snorlax.  Man the f*** up, and play Snorlax.  You have no reason not to.

Deuces.  Looking forward to the story.

Dammit Dad XD This gave me a laugh not gonna lie.
And who knows maybe someone will :o

• Dad likes this

8PBUpdp.gif

Hälō

Hälō

Tis I, Hollow

• Advanced Members
  • 710 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 05:43 AM

Weavile

tumblr_o381i0pXdM1u4rds9o4_540.png

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Neopolitan

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 10,848 posts

Looking really good there. ^^

There's an issue I have noticed with many of the apps that I'd like to address.

I noticed some of them seem to be after a specific legend. Thing is, Chasers go after all Legends, and it'd be difficult for me to do this if the characters don't have any motivation to face any Legend besides one.

Nothing wrong with the stuff as I wanted a favored Legend but I just am slightly concerned that a lot of them sound like they don't have much interest in fighting more than 1/2 Legends.

8PBUpdp.gif

Maeriberii Haan

Maeriberii Haan

Dr. Latency

• Aurora
  • 10,248 posts
    Last Visit 40 minutes ago
  • Alias:Nai

Alleria has a personal reason to go after Ray Charles, and while she's aware of the fact that she's going to go after the others too along the way, her less-than-invested stance on being a legend chaser means that she pretty much is seeing the entire thing as simply a side quest, which explains why she doesn't care that much about chasing the others too.

giphy.gif

Y'shtola

Y'shtola

Though time be against us, hope shall ever be on our side.

• Elite Members
  • 2,227 posts
    Last Visit Jun 14 2018 08:50 PM
  • Alias:Sethera
Checks and Balances
Simba
The Pi-Kahuna

Suiten

Posted Image

Kill Son Goku

Kill Son Goku

Son Goku Detected!

• Elite Members
  • 1,640 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Saiku

Easter the Sylveon

This one scares me, because he likes being sadist to EXACTLY what I made.

Posted Image

Astolfo

Astolfo

rider of black

• Resident Trap

• 4,111 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 01:40 AM
  • Alias:Neph
Not accepting logic as a reason is sort of… IDK.
Also, quoting this RP as an example is sort of flawed, because it's not people, they are the humanized form of Pokemon, they are still Pokemon. It's like saying Superman can fly, sure, a normal person can't fly, but Superman isn't a normal person.

Certain Pokemon would logically have a weapon, others wouldn't. Fighting Pokemon for example probably wouldn't, and then the more "cutesy/weaker/not-a-fighter kind/etc" Pokemon probably wouldn't. The ones that are more related to battle/fighting/war/death/etc probably would have one.
For example, an assassin might have a weapon, and probably should. But on the other hand, some Goomy gijinka for example, probably wouldn't, because it doesn't really make sense, not is Goomy really a battle-like Pokemon.

And of course RPs don't use pure logic, there's some stuff that we have to take for granted at times (magic, existence of mythical dragons in a human world, etc). But for stuff that CAN be logically explained, it is ALMOST ALWAYS explained. So…
This is something that can be logically explained as well as valid, so there's no reason to break that to "better the RP experience", when doing THAT would be what's even worse.

Astolfo [CV: Ohkubo Rumi] - "BA-LLL-MUUU-NNN-GGG!"

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Neopolitan

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 10,848 posts

So far I don't see any outstanding issue but it's way too late/early for me to be sure.

Though there's a few things I can specify later. For now...

PokeWitch

The Hero Has Arrived!

Neph this has been already taken care of. The decision is made a bit back

8PBUpdp.gif

Astolfo

Astolfo

rider of black

• Resident Trap

• 4,111 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 01:40 AM
  • Alias:Neph
I was on mobile and I didn't see there was this entire page when j was writing it.

Astolfo [CV: Ohkubo Rumi] - "BA-LLL-MUUU-NNN-GGG!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users