Return of Fears - Phobia Archetype

Sicma Crow

Hi people, this is my first time posting sets here, and I hope you like it.

Whole idea was to use set theme (phobia, fear) as it is, in other words to make your Opponent fear what comes next, and to play unpredictable game. 

SQw_Zvh_N.png

This amazing Booster Pack is made by Sakura Haruno.

Monsters

[spoiler=

show Monsters]

Pretty_Wisp_Chromophobia.jpg

You can discard this card: Fusion Summon 1 "-phobia" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck by using "-phobia" Monsters from your hand and/or your field as Fusion Materials. When this card is Normal or Special Summoned you can Special Summon 1 "-phobia" Monster from your hand or Graveyard except monster with "-Ultimate" in it's name.

Watcher_Wisp_Scopophobia.jpg

You can discard this card: draw 1 card. While this card is in your Graveyard, you can banish 1 "-phobia" Monster from your hand: add this card from your Graveyard to your hand. 

Wisdom_Wisp_Bibliophobia.jpg

Once per turn, while you control this card  you can target 1 other "-phobia" Monster you control, reduce level of that monster by any amount: increase level of this card by same amount (both this card and targeted monster can not be used as Material for Special Summon, except for DARK Fiend-Type Monster). You can skip your Draw Phase: add this card from the Graveyard to your hand.

Holy_Spirit_Hagiophobia.jpg

If "-phobia" Monster would be destroyed by battle or card effect, you can discard this card: that monster can not be destroyed until End Phase of your turn. 

Nature_Spirit_Botanophobia.jpg

You can discard this card: add 1 "-phobia" Spell/Trap card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.

Undead_Spirit_Necrophobia.jpg

When you take Battle Damage from direct attack, you can discard this card: Special Summon 1 "-phobia" monster from your Graveyard, but it's effect is negated, also it can not attack.

Battle_Imp_Traumatophobia.jpg

You can discard this card; target 1 "-phobia" Monstert you control: decrease target's ATK by 500 until End Phase, and if you do; it can attack each monster your opponent controls during Battle Phase of this turn. When this card is destroyed by battle increase ATK of each "-phobia" Monster you control by 500 until End Phase.

Clockwork_Imp_Chronophobia.jpg

When your opponent activates card effect in response to Summon, attack declaration or effect activation of "-phobia" Monster, you can discard this card: negate that effect and destroy the card. When this card is destroyed by battle: end your opponent's turn.

Surprise_Imp_Hormephobia.jpg

When your opponent declares an attack against "-phobia" Monster you control, you can discard this card: target and destroy attacking monster. When your opponent Special Summons monster(s) from their Extra Deck, you can banish this card you control, destroy that monster(s).

Ugly_Imp_Cacophobia.jpg

You can discard this card: decrease ATK and DEF of each monster your Opponent controls by 300. When "-phobia" Monster is discarded by it's own effect, while you control this card; decrease ATK and DEF of each monster your Opponent controls by 300.

D_D_Demon_Kenophobia.jpg

Your opponent can not change battle position of their monsters. Once per turn, you can decrease ATK of this card to 0 until End Phase, target 1 monster your opponent controls: decrease ATK or DEF of that monster to 0.

Reflection_Demon_Cristallophobia.jpg

If you control other face-up attack position "-phobia" Monster(s) this card can not be targeted for an attack. Once per turn, when your opponent's monster destroys "-phobia" Monster (other than this card) by battle: decrease ATK of that monster by original ATK of destroyed monster.

Sting_Demon_Belonephobia.jpg

When this card inflicts damage to your Opponent's Life Point, target 1 monster on the field: destroy target.

Ultimate_Giant_Megalophobia.jpg

During your turn, when this card battles your Opponent's monster: increase ATK of this card by number of "-phobia" Monsters you control x 200, during damage calculation only. When this card is destroyed by card effect: add 1 "-phobia" monster from your Graveyard to your hand except monster with "-Ultimate" in it's name

Extra Deck

[spoiler=show Extra Deck

]

Ultimate_Darkness_Nyctophobia.jpg

2 Level 4 "-phobia" Monsters.
Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can discard 1 "-phobia" Monster: increase ATK and DEF of this card by ATK of discarded monster until End Phase. If discarded monster has an effect that is activated by discarding it; you can activate it, and if you do: detach 1 Xyz Material from this card.

Ultimate_Curse_Rhabdophobia.jpg

2 "-phobia" Monsters with different Levels.
This card can only be Fusion Summoned by using monsters above as Fusion Materials and can not be Special Summoned from Extra Deck by other ways. When this card is Fusion Summoned negate effects of all face-up cards your opponent contrlos and if you do: increase ATK of this card by 200 for each (effects are negated until End Phase). Your opponent can not activate card effects durng Battle Phase.

Ultimate_Justice_Dikephobia.jpg

1 Tuner Monster + 1 or more non-Tuner "-phobia" Monsters.
Can not be destroyed by battle. When this card battles your opponent's monster, ATK of this card becomes equal to ATK of that monster during damage calculation only.

Spell & Trap

[spoiler=show Spells & Traps]

Ultimate_Mistake_Atychiphobia.jpg

Target up to 5 "-phobia" Monsters from your Graveyard and/or banished "-phobia" Monsters: return target(s) to your deck. If you target 3 or less cards by this card's effect: draw 1 card.

Burning_Lands_Pyrophobia.jpg

Target 1 "-phobia" Monster you control: increase it's ATK by 500 for each other "-phobia" Monster discarded by it's own effect this turn, until End Phase. Double battle damage inflicted to your opponent by targeted monster this turn.

Decaying_Victory_Septophobia.jpg

Once per turn, you can banish 1 "-phobia" Monster from your hand: add 1 "-phobia" card from your Graveyard to your hand.

Court_of_Darkness_Claustrofobia.jpg

Your opponent can not skip their Battle Phase and must attack with each Attack Position monster they control. If "-phobia" Monster you control is battle target of your opponent's monster, you can change target to other "-phobia" Monster you control.  Once per turn, if "-phobia" Monster is destroyed by battle, you can return it to your hand instead of sending it to the Graveyard.

Chains_of_Fear_Merinthophobia.jpg

Target 1 Special Summoned monster your Opponent controls: target's effect is negated, also it can not attack, change Battle Position, and it's ATK is halved. Taget can not be destroyed by battle with "-phobia" Monsters. When target leaves the field, or you control no "-phobia" Monsters: destroy this card.

Ridiculous_Ruler_Gelotophobia.jpg

When "-phobia" Monster is discarded  by effect of "-phobia" card, put 1 "Fear Counter" on this card. Once per turn, you can remove 3 "Fear Counters" from this card: draw 1 card, and if you draw "-phobia" Monster you can discard it (do not put "Fear Counter" on this card): draw 2 cards.

Some of those cards might be over-powered, but that's on you to decide :)

Sorry I broke the rules here and posted to much cards, but I just couldn't decide which of those not to include.

Also, sorry for (maybe) bad ocg, and grammar mistakes, it was a long time ago when I made cards.

Image Credits:

Genzoman

Jazin Kay

Sword Summoner

i like the cards a lot, they seem pretty good, really interesting. a couple things though, is "Claustrofobia" intentionally spelled without the "-phobia" to avoid being searchable, or is that a typo?
also, i think "Scopophobia" needs some sort of once-per-turn clause added in, as i feel like it could get to maxx-C levels of ridiculous card draw that your opponent cant control or stop, which is scary.
also "Chromophobia" might be a bit to strong just due to being both a really strong tuner while also being a polymerization replacement.
great idea tho, i like the cards, they're pretty cool

Oh. Claustrophobia was typo indeed :) I found some more, but I hope it's not crucial :)

Thing with Scopo and Chromo is that I intentionaly made wisps (lvl 1s) bad*ss :), but even so I planed to give Scopo once per turn effect, even one effect per turn, but somehow I didn't.

Chromo just fits planed role of jack of all trades :D

Thanks for your time and review :D it means a lot :D

I think "Ultimate Giant -Megalophobia" is too powerful for a level 4 monster because it has a base attack of 2000 and increases it's attack by 200 times the number of - phobia monsters, I assume including itself, so it will have at least 2200 attack, try to balance it, or make it a level 5-6 monster

I think "Ultimate Giant -Megalophobia" is too powerful for a level 4 monster because it has a base attack of 2000 and increases it's attack by 200 times the number of - phobia monsters, I assume including itself, so it will have at least 2200 attack, try to balance it, or make it a level 5-6 monster

Megalophobia is level 5 my friend :)

I like all of these cards, and they all work really well together. I worry that "Ultimate Mistake" is too much of a plus, but that'd be fixable just by limiting it to 2. Good job, I like the diversity of represented fears, and especially like that you didn't go for the easiest one (Coulrophobia) to do up as a monster.

I'm glad you like it, and I really tried to present some not popular phobias (well, not in case of claustro and scopo :D )

yeah, I know that "Mistake" is a slightly OPed card... but considering all the discarding phobias do it's a little reward, and that most of them have case-specific effects, returning to many cards to the deck might be a mistake :) 

If you guys agree I'll change that, but I really don't think it's much of a problem 

thanks for C&C guys

Hey, I'm not claiming to be the end all of the YGO community. Also, a small nitpick, but you may want to take a look at the Problem-Solving Card Text and Manual of Style pages on the wiki. As it's written, none of your cards would get their effects because none of the monsters have "-phobia" in their name. It just has to be "phobia" (or "Phobia", I'm not sure). That's why "tellar" support works for CONStellar, SAtellar, and Stellar.

Sorry my eyes seems to deceive me, anyway a pretty nice deck.

Thank you. :)

Hey, I'm not claiming to be the end all of the YGO community. Also, a small nitpick, but you may want to take a look at the Problem-Solving Card Text and Manual of Style pages on the wiki. As it's written, none of your cards would get their effects because none of the monsters have "-phobia" in their name. It just has to be "phobia" (or "Phobia", I'm not sure). That's why "tellar" support works for CONStellar, SAtellar, and Stellar.

Oh, crap. You're right. So, it's either change every card or pretend I never read that :D

Archived