The Un-Official Hip-Hop Thread

Halubaris Maphotika

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping ASAP or Vincent got some lowkey s*** nobody knows about so my earbuds can open back up.

-

Speaking of Rocky this new song with Famous Dex is too f***ing hard. I am not a Dex fan but he's tolerable on this, and this beat is so f***ing flames and Rocky bodies it. Also, we should have a new Rocky album by the new year, I just hope he can retain his older style without Yams' vision guiding this one.  Rocky is always a flavorful rapper but Yams' just had incredible ear for sonics and artistic vision, which really paved the way for the Live.Love.A$AP sound.  Recently the Mob as a whole has been lackluster as f***, Cozy Tapes 2 was 3/4 flaming garbage.  Tho Ferg's Still Striving was pretty ignant, and Twelvyy's album was also a surprising record, it had some killer tracks.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxJIZRUoF14

Because Jet Set Radio Future is integral to who I am today as a person.

Confession time.  I loved Jet Set Radio Future back on the Xbox.  I got laid thanks to that game.  Also, the music was actually dope.  Scape Goat Wax is aight.

Confession time. I loved Jet Set Radio Future back on the Xbox. I got laid thanks to that game. Also, the music was actually dope. Scape Goat Wax is aight.

It's the most memorable song from the game for me. Brings back the fondest memories. I remember it came with the Xbox, as a dual pack with some racing game that I barely touched, but I played the crap out of JSRF. Great times!

• 3 weeks later...

Never seen The Wire so I had to look up the reference clip... that dude must be the Bruce Lee or Neo of the hood cause idk how no one has shot and killed him yet walking around like he own the place lol.

In other news, I don't care what anyone says about Tyler or Lil Wayne, this collab was fiyaaaaaaaaah. Also, felt like we got a taste of old school Kanye too.

• 2 weeks later...

Eminem has a new song out.

This is the only song I've heard so far from Revival and I gotta admit, I'm not feeling the first part of the song. It's not the lyricism, I understand what Eminem is trying to do with that, but the instrumental is just weird and I can't vibe with it, almost makes it hard to listen to again. However, the second part should've been it's own song, Em's flow along with the instrumental was great. Scared to listen to the rest of the album since I've heard nothing but people bashing Em and saying he's lost his touch/officially gone insane, and I'd rather not taint my memory of Em being one of the greatest rappers alive.

LOL, gotta love Hopsin. Nothing much to say about this except it's hilarious considering that's what a lot of music sounds like today, and that's sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o9dXLNuXic&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah3NkwEX9mo&feature=share

Surprised Who Dat is 7 years old. I thought it was much more recent. Anyway, anyone got any more J Cole songs they can recommend?

Who Dat was the first song I heard from J. Cole and man that feels like centuries ago. J. Cole has so many great hits that it's hard to suggest any specific one, but to spread it out I'll suggest some of my favorites from several of his albums. These are in chronological order, so you can check them out depending on whether you want some of his older/newer music or not.

Cole World: Sideline Story - Dollar and a Dream III, Nobody's Perfect, Lost Ones.

Born Sinner - Trouble, She Knows, Forbidden Fruit.

2014 Forest Hill Drive - The entire album A Tale of Two Citiez, January 28th, Apparently.

4 Your Eyez Only - Immortal, Deja Vu, Neighbors.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, for my music video suggestion...

I'm curious if anyone else has checked out Jaden Smith's Syre? This album is the first time I've really gave him a listen and it was a decent project imo, he definitely has some growing to do and I'd say most of the reason I like any song on the album is because of the instrumentals and his flow, but his lyricism needs a lot of work. This song is probably my favorite one, alongside BLUE and Batman.

Archived