Cards that can be unbanned with a not so drastical errata

Dragulas

Here are some cards that i think can come off the banlist with a simple (No drastical like Crush Card or Chaos Emperor) errata, but there are others which i am playing with fire. Some of then just need something like a once per turn/duel clause to stop being abused. I tried also to explain how the new effects works for some cards.

All cards these cards are banned in the currrent TCG list, the errata goal is for them to be limited

[spoiler=Monsters]The 4 dragon rulers: i just took out the dragon part so they now only work with their respective elements. I am not sure if this is enough but i ve always liked them as an elemental support

7f50k9l.jpg

If this card is in your hand or Graveyard: You can banish a total of 2 FIRE monsters from your hand and/or Graveyard, except this card; Special Summon this card. During your opponent's End Phase, if this card was Special Summoned: Return it to the hand. You can discard this card and 1 FIRE monster to the Graveyard, then target 1 card on the field; destroy that target. If this card is banished: You can add 1 FIRE Dragon-Type monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use 1 "Blaster, Dragon Ruler of Infernos" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

NmMQ6hd.jpg

If this card is in your hand or Graveyard: You can banish a total of 2 EARTH monsters from your hand and/or Graveyard, except this card; Special Summon this card. During your opponent's End Phase, if this card was Special Summoned: Return it to the hand. You can discard this card and 1 EARTH monster to the Graveyard, then target 1 monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target. If this card is banished: You can add 1 EARTH Dragon-Type monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use 1 "Redox, Dragon Ruler of Boulders" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

6YXM47t.jpg

If this card is in your hand or Graveyard: You can banish a total of 2 WIND monsters from your hand and/or Graveyard, except this card; Special Summon this card. During your opponent's End Phase, if this card was Special Summoned: Return it to the hand. You can discard this card and 1 WIND monster to the Graveyard; add 1 Dragon-Type monster from your Deck to your hand. If this card is banished: You can add 1 WIND Dragon-Type monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use 1 "Tempest, Dragon Ruler of Storms" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

9ew6YTT.jpg

If this card is in your hand or Graveyard: You can banish a total of 2 WATER monsters from your hand and/or Graveyard, except this card; Special Summon this card. During your opponent's End Phase, if this card was Special Summoned: Return it to the hand. You can discard this card and 1 WATER monster to the Graveyard; send 1 monster from your Deck to the Graveyard. If this card is banished: You can add 1 WATER Dragon-Type monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use 1 "Tidal, Dragon Ruler of Waterfalls" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

I wasnt playing during the time this card was abused so i don´t know very much about it, only that it broke x-sabers (i think?) so give it a OPT effect and now it cant be special summoned to avoid the recycle

ZJZvXrc.jpg

Cannot be Special Summoned. You can send this face-up card to the Graveyard; Special Summon 2 Level 3 or lower Beast-Type monsters from your Deck. Destroy them during the End Phase. You can only use the effect of "Rescue Cat" once per turn.

I wasnt around either with this one but if im not mistaken i was used on an FTK or something due to the fact that it can be used as many times you can pay the cost, so now its a once per turn effect and it will be banished, mermails can still abuse this.

EcU8dNV.jpg

If you control a face-up Level 3 or lower WATER monster, while this card is in your Graveyard: You can discard 1 card; Special Summon this card, but banish it when it leaves the field. You can only use this effect of "Fishborg Blaster" once per turn. If this card is used as a Synchro Material Monster, all other Synchro Material Monsters must be WATER.

Im not sure if this will fix it, but its effect used to be abused multiple times per turn, so i give him a OPT effect and make it optional so it can miss the timing

L3GOCdR.jpg

When this card is Special Summoned from the Graveyard, while your opponent has more total cards in their hand and their side of the field than you: You can Draw 2 cards. You can only use this effect of "Destiny HERO - Disk Commander" once per turn.

About this one, i really think this one needs an errata or it will be banned forever, the amount of FTK this card allows are ridiculous. This one is actually a drastical errata but it now can bu used anytime you want as long as it is in the grave. I based the errata on a card named Condemned Maiden.

qDfT9Xz.jpg

If this card is in your Graveyard, you can activate 1 Trap Card from your hand. You can only use this effect of "Makyura the Destructor" once per Duel.

This one is one of the my dangerous bets, mermails will abuse its power no matter how, but now it can only use the effect once (unless you return it to extra and synchro summon it again)

t5Esmit.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
You can discard up to 2 cards to the Graveyard, then target that same number of face-up cards on the field; return those targets to the hand, also your opponent takes no further damage this turn. This effect can only be used once while this Synchro Summoned card is face-up on the field. 

[spoiler=Spells]A simple OPT clause wasnt enough, so now you will draw during the end of the turn, also it used to be from your grave to anyone s field, now it its from your grave to your field only

7x0JBUf.jpg

During the End Phase, if a monster was Special Summoned to your side of the field from your Graveyard this turn: You can draw 1 card. You can only use this effect of "Card of Safe Return" once per turn.

The card was an easy graveyard set up, the fusion wasnt even important as long as you send the materials, now materials being sent to the graveyard and the fusion will happen at same time in the 2nd turn so you have 2 turns to destroy that card, and if the fusions goes, no other monsters will be special summoned for the rest of that turn

YiLRTST.jpg

Reveal 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck. During your 2nd Standby Phase after this card's activation: Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster with the same name from your Extra Deck using monsters from your Main Deck as Fusion Materials and target it with this card, also you cannot Special Summon other monsters for the rest of this turn. When this card leaves the field, destroy that target. When that target is destroyed, destroy this card.

My other dangerous bet, i actually change this card a bit, you still can go plus as many times you used spells, i didnt restrict that, but now your opponent will draw that same number of cards you add (this draw effect is your opponent s decision not yours) if he doesnt want to draw, then you wont get the special summon, and of course a once per duel activation the card is still powerfull but now it can be used more carefully i think

CYAdhA8.jpg

During the End Phase of the turn this card was activated, add "Spellbook" Spell Cards from your Deck to your hand, up to the number of Spell Cards activated after this card's resolution, and if you do, your opponent can draw that same number of cards you added, then, you can Special Summon from your Deck 1 Spellcaster-Type monster whose Level is less than or equal to the number of cards drawn by your opponent by this effect. You can only activate 1 "Spellbook of Judgment" per Duel.

Disk Commander is still a PoG once per turn. Make it so it only gets the effect if summoned by the effect of a D-Hero monster. 

Like hell OCG will let you errata a legal card. Just keep Rejuv at 1, no problems will ensue

Future Fusion is a piss easy fix, make the mill happen AFTER the summon. Waiting 2 turns for an effect is dedication

Disk Commander is still a PoG once per turn. Make it so it only gets the effect if summoned by the effect of a D-Hero monster. 

Like hell OCG will let you errata a legal card. Just keep Rejuv at 1, no problems will ensue

Future Fusion is a piss easy fix, make the mill happen AFTER the summon. Waiting 2 turns for an effect is dedication

The only d-hero that can do that is fear monger, i prefer to add another restriction to the effect (maybe only when your opponent has more card advantage, like exciton or something like that)

You re right about Rejuvenation, being at 1 will be no problem at all, my bad right there

The way i worded future fusion, is so it work like a shaddoll fusion during the 2nd standby, the card stays face up doing nothing until then, keep in mind that you can still fusion summon almost any monster

Archived