Dark and Light Nordic Heroes, New Archetype "Valkyrie"

Nawutoe

This is my new Archetype that I've been working on for quite some time. This deck revolves around Valkyries, female warriors who died and entered Valhalla. Valkyries are said to bring the warriors who die in battle to Valhalla as well. The Archetype revolves around removing your own cards from play to generate advantage. This deck is Synchro and Xyz based with a few boss monsters to go with it. I have almost completely scripted this Archetype on Ygopro (besides a few kinks here and there).

Effect Monsters

Valkyrie Hervor Alvitr

JBt68yK.jpg

Valkyrie Kara

0biYXta.jpg

Valkyrie Brynhildr

6wrnuIJ.jpg

Valkyrie Skuld

DRp7xVX.jpg

Valkyrie Rota

gxclXI9.jpg

Valkyrie Eir

tEgSyR5.jpg

Valkyrie Svipul

5pLRFBW.jpg

Spells

Respite of the Valkyrie

C55Cc0n.jpg

Call of the Valkyrie

7jwboxB.jpg

To the Land of Valhalla

pFOorVs.jpg

Traps

Just one for now

A Valkyrie's War Chariot

W76FzDg.jpg

Xyz Monsters

Valkyrie Gondul

Ay5GVnj.jpg

Valkyrie Sigrdrifa

lybM2d8.jpg

Valkyrie Skalmold

mXZtMSH.jpg

Valkyrie Svanhvit

i8z6ZfD.jpg

Synchro Monsters

Valkyrie Herja

Ul9S2Ul.jpg

Valkyrie Herfjotur

H1feNSf.jpg

Valkyrie Reginleif

PTLBhBz.jpg

Valkyrie Hjorprimul

IQOnRQJ.jpg

Fusion Monster

Valkyrie Sanngrior

E98bfXX.jpg

Why you . . . . why! XC

You used all the artwork from Mushimaro-sensei! (i'm working on an archetype using that artwork TwT) i got beaten u.u (or maybe you didn't realize that artwork you borrow are from Mushimaro-sensei?)

Alvityr and Kara, most of the time it always search a card (either Spell/Trap of being sent to grave or add banished card) as for Alvityr . . . banishing moster from ED? and add them means returning them to ED? umm . . . not really useful imo.

Brynhildr, missing this text at the las part "in additon to your Normal Summon/Set this turn", key card for giving the speed of this deck, sadly it doesn't work with Kara (since Brynhildr is Level 3) you might want to change it to Level 4 for Xyz options with Kara.

Skuld, Brynhildr was better than this (if it was Level 4) . . . but yea Level 4, works with most of them.

Rota, seems okay . . . (works with Eir, see below)

Eir, nice but has a chance to clog your hand . . . 'kay. (banish with Kara and SS with Rota)

Svipul, slow . . . but works with either Brynhildr or Skuld (not bad)

Respite, the only thing i find it useful is the 1st eff, the 2nd is optional (and mostly only usable when you're in a pinch)

Call, add + ATK gains in 1 turn? okay . . . (might want to add this text to balance it "During your Main Phase, except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard")

To the Land, banish Eir, SS with Rota (like that) good as deck thinning (since it's -2 to your Deck instead of -1)

Chariot, I don't see a problem with it's effect, but my problem is it's a Counter Trap searchable via Kara, (see Infernity for why) which is evil.

Xyz monsters, seems okay . . . (duhh, at the Svanhvit, not a fan of those kind Quasar/CDI-like eff <.<)

Synchro monsters, seems okay too (even had it's own Accel Synchro . . .)

Eh? Even Fusion too? Woaa, too broken . . . pls balance it (especially the last eff, so it prevents you to re-Summon this card, which is evil)

Phew~

My original plan with that artwork is to create Pendulum burn archetype (nah you used it already, might want to search another artwork)

So . . . . . don't waste that artwork! Make that "Valkyrie" archetype nice and interesting! (don't disappoint me >:D)

Hope this helps~

Why you . . . . why! XC

You used all the artwork from Mushimaro-sensei! (i'm working on an archetype using that artwork TwT) i got beaten u.u (or maybe you didn't realize that artwork you borrow are from Mushimaro-sensei?)

Alvityr and Kara, most of the time it always search a card (either Spell/Trap of being sent to grave or add banished card) as for Alvityr . . . banishing moster from ED? and add them means returning them to ED? umm . . . not really useful imo.

Brynhildr, missing this text at the las part "in additon to your Normal Summon/Set this turn", key card for giving the speed of this deck, sadly it doesn't work with Kara (since Brynhildr is Level 3) you might want to change it to Level 4 for Xyz options with Kara.

Skuld, Brynhildr was better than this (if it was Level 4) . . . but yea Level 4, works with most of them.

Rota, seems okay . . . (works with Eir, see below)

Eir, nice but has a chance to clog your hand . . . 'kay. (banish with Kara and SS with Rota)

Svipul, slow . . . but works with either Brynhildr or Skuld (not bad)

Respite, the only thing i find it useful is the 1st eff, the 2nd is optional (and mostly only usable when you're in a pinch)

Call, add + ATK gains in 1 turn? okay . . . (might want to add this text to balance it "During your Main Phase, except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard")

To the Land, banish Eir, SS with Rota (like that) good as deck thinning (since it's -2 to your Deck instead of -1)

Chariot, I don't see a problem with it's effect, but my problem is it's a Counter Trap searchable via Kara, (see Infernity for why) which is evil.

Xyz monsters, seems okay . . . (duhh, at the Svanhvit, not a fan of those kind Quasar/CDI-like eff <.<)

Synchro monsters, seems okay too (even had it's own Accel Synchro . . .)

Eh? Even Fusion too? Woaa, too broken . . . pls balance it (especially the last eff, so it prevents you to re-Summon this card, which is evil)

Phew~

My original plan with that artwork is to create Pendulum burn archetype (nah you used it already, might want to search another artwork)

So . . . . . don't waste that artwork! Make that "Valkyrie" archetype nice and interesting! (don't disappoint me >:D)

Hope this helps~

Thanks for the input man. Yeah, I was thinking about the whole level 3 thing, I just wanted it to not be level 4 spam like most decks but I know what you mean. Ive been playing it and sometimes the level 3's just cause my hand to die. The boost attack the same turn is overpowered now that I think about it. Also, the banishing from the extra deck is to add more monsters to your banished pile and also allows you to search. I'm thinking of making Herfjotur only add a specific type (like tuners) and making the other synchros have an added effect to add something too. This thins down your extra deck which gives you a disadvantage untill you bring Herf or a War Chariot out to reshuffle. The Fusion was an added thing that I like, really hard to get off but worth it. Hjorprimul is like the Red Nova of the Deck but can still be destroyed and targeted easily (so it's not that broken). Also, I'd like Svanhvit to be limited 1 like how m7 used to be + If you actually play the deck the card seems to get wiped off the field quickly without having its effect go off. And the last thing, Adding with Alvitr and Kara doesnt happen too often (only when destroyed by battle) 

TC, make sure you post the card's effects underneath, so it's easier for us to read them, as opposed to transcribing stuff off the card images.

I had originally tried to but the hide buttons I used wouldnt work so I deleted them :/

All you have to do is just c/p whatever you wrote in the effect box.

No need to use spoiler tags for that.

(One of the Custom Card section rules does state that you should post card effects underneath the card, so those of us who view this site on a small screen or have vision problems can read it more clearly)

Archived