(AGM) Play ball! Mighty Sluggers archetype

TF2_The_Scout

Mighty Slugger Grand Slammer

FIRE/Warrior

Level 10

ATK: 4000 def: 2300

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. You can only special summon this card(from your hand) by shuffling 2 "Mighty Slugger" monsters you control into your deck. Cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. If this card is special summoned this way: Add 1 "Mighty Slugger" cards from your deck to hand. If this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: your opponent banishes the top card of their deck face-down.

----

Mighty Slugger Home Striker

FIRE/Warrior

Level 6

ATK: 2300 def: 1900

If this card destroys an opponent's monster: this card can attack an opponent's monster a second time. If this card is special summoned: All "Mighty Slugger" monsters gain 500 ATK until your next turn. You can shuffle this card into your deck; Special summon 1 "Mighty Slugger" monster from your deck, except "Mighty Slugger Home Striker". You can only use this effect of "Mighty Slugger Home Striker" once per turn.

----

Mighty Slugger Perfect Pitcher

FIRE/Warrior

Level 6

ATK: 2100 def: 1900

If this card destroys an opponent's monster: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to that monster's level/rank x300. If this card is special summoned: Add 1 "Mighty Slugger" spell/trap card to hand. You can shuffle this card into your deck; Special summon 1 "Mighty Slugger" monster from your deck, except "Mighty Slugger Perfect Pitcher." You can only use this effect of "Mighty Slugger Perfect Pitcher" once per turn.

----

Mighty Slugger Shortstop

FIRE/Warrior

Level 6

ATK: 2100 def: 1800

If this card destroys an opponent's monster: Your opponent must discard 1 card. You can shuffle this card into your deck; special summon 1 "Mighty Slugger" monster monster from your deck, except "Mighty Slugger Shortstop". If this card is special summoned: Target 1 card on the the field; it cannot activate its effects this turn. You can only use this effect of "Mighty Slugger Shortstop" once per turn.

----

Mighty Slugger Ace Catcher

FIRE/Warrior

Level 6

ATK: 2100 def: 1800

If this card destroys an opponent's monster: Decrease the levels of all monsters your opponent controls by 1 next turn. If your opponent activates a card effect: You can discard 1 card; negate the activation and destroy the card. You can shuffle this card into your deck; Special summon 1 "Mighty Slugger" monster from your deck, except "Mighty Slugger Perfect Pitcher". You can only use this effect of "Mighty Slugger Perfect Pitcher" once per turn.

----

Mighty Slugger Ballpark

Field spell

If a "Mighty Slugger" monster is shuffled into your deck: Draw 1 card. You can only use this effect of "Mighty Slugger Ballpark" twice per turn. If you special summon a "Mighty Slugger" monster by the effect of a "Mighty Slugger" monster: Place 1 "Slam Counter" on this card. If this card has 10 "Slam counters on it: You can send this card to the graveyard; All "Mighty Slugger" monsters gain 1000 ATK and cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects this turn.

----

Mighty Slugger Little League

Continuous spell

During either player's turn, if you control no monsters: You can special summon 1 "Mighty Slugger" monster from your hand in defense position.

----

Mighty Slugger Talent Search

Spell

You can only activate 1 "Mighty Slugger Talent Search" per turn. Shuffle 1 "Mighty Slugger" monster into your deck; special summon 2 "Mighty Slugger" monsters from your deck in defense position.

----

Home Run of the Mighty Sluggers

Quickplay spell

Target 1 "Mighty Slugger" monster you control; Double its ATK and it inflicts piercing damage until your next standby phase.

----

Mighty Slugger Power Slam

Trap

Shuffle any number of monster cards into your opponent's deck, up to the number of "Mighty Slugger" monsters you control. If you shuffle all monsters your opponent controls with this effect, you cannot conduct your next battle phase.

----

Grand Slam of the Mighty Sluggers

Trap

Double the ATK of 1 "Mighty Slugger" monster you control until the End Phase. It also cannot be destroyed by your opponent's card effects this turn.

----

Mighty Slugger Fastball

Counter trap

If your opponent activates an effect that negates the activation, effect or summoning of a "Mighty Slugger" card: Negate that effect and shuffle the card into your opponent's deck.

Personally, I think "Mighty Slugger Home-Striker" is a bit unbalanced because it can deal damage twice and destroy two cards in a single turn, but my greatest concern is on "Mighty Sluggers Ballpark", because if the effect succeeds then the mighty sluggers are almost unbeatable, especially Grand Slammer which will gain 6000 attack and Home striker which will gain 4300 attack and can attack twice, and can "kill your opponent" immediately, but it's only a suggestion after-all

U.A Mighty Slugger best Mighty Slugger. Being searchable, alongside getting all that support on top of its normal effects might make that a little too strong.

You could make an exception for that card. Your call.

That wouldn't be a good idea. The two playstyles would contradict each other(shuffling vs returning to hand). Ballpark and Statium would also contradict each other(search for a normal summon vs draw 1 card for shuffling a monster into your deck). The support would also make it too good, giving that it gets rewarded for dealing damage by battle.

• 4 weeks later...

You should probably add a location from where the Mighty Sluggers are being shuffled to summon Grand Slammer (I can't tell if it's monsters you control or in your hand). Ballpark....Oh Ballpark. Since it applies to WHENEVER a Might Slugger monster is shuffled into your deck, this can be exploited like crazy. Even if you made it so that it only works when Mighty Slugger effects shuffle their monsters, that alone is a powerful enough effect for a card. I had an almost exact replica of that card's first effect with my Leviathan archetype. That did not go well in testing. Also you can draw up to 5 cards from this card in one turn by repeatedly running through all the cards by shuffling them into the Deck in order and ending up with Grand Slammer.

I'm seeing a LOT of "unaffected by card effects" in this deck. That is not the best idea. I would suggest replacing that with "Cannot be targeted or destroyed" because unaffected makes it IMPOSSIBLE to respond except through getting higher attack (Which is incredibly difficult because this deck does that too >.>), Also, I would suggest placing a "Destroyed by battle" instead of plain ol' "Destroyed" on all of the cards' first effects, just to be sure.

I like the concept behind this deck, reminding me how many interesting cards people come up with. After some nerfing, I think these cards would work pretty well. Well done!

You should probably add a location from where the Mighty Sluggers are being shuffled to summon Grand Slammer (I can't tell if it's monsters you control or in your hand). Ballpark....Oh Ballpark. Since it applies to WHENEVER a Might Slugger monster is shuffled into your deck, this can be exploited like crazy. Even if you made it so that it only works when Mighty Slugger effects shuffle their monsters, that alone is a powerful enough effect for a card. I had an almost exact replica of that card's first effect with my Leviathan archetype. That did not go well in testing. Also you can draw up to 5 cards from this card in one turn by repeatedly running through all the cards by shuffling them into the Deck in order and ending up with Grand Slammer.

I'm seeing a LOT of "unaffected by card effects" in this deck. That is not the best idea. I would suggest replacing that with "Cannot be targeted or destroyed" because unaffected makes it IMPOSSIBLE to respond except through getting higher attack (Which is incredibly difficult because this deck does that too >.>), Also, I would suggest placing a "Destroyed by battle" instead of plain ol' "Destroyed" on all of the cards' first effects, just to be sure.

I like the concept behind this deck, reminding me how many interesting cards people come up with. After some nerfing, I think these cards would work pretty well. Well done!

I thought Ballpark's drawing effect would have balanced itself since the Sluggers can only use their effects once per turn. I decided to give it a hard opt that only allows you to use it twice per turn. I also removed all "unaffected" clauses and replaced them with "destroyed".

Archived