A pair of Thunder support cards in the form of Batterymen

Tojin

These are just a pair of Batteryman support cards I came up with off the top of my head about 5 minutes ago, so feel free to rip into me if they're overpowered.

Batteryman Generator

Rank 4

LIGHT/Thunder/Effect

2100/1200

2 Level 4 monsters

All face-up Thunder-type monsters you control gain 500 ATK. Once per turn, you can activate one of the following effects by detaching an Xyz Material from this card:

• Add 1 Thunder-type monster from your Deck to your hand. You cannot Special Summon monsters the turn you activate this effect, except Thunder-type monsters.
  • Banish 1 Thunder-type monster from your Graveyard to target 1 card on the field. Destroy it.

Batteryman Car Battery

Level 4

LIGHT/Thunder/Union/Effect

500/500

If you control a face-up Thunder-type or "roid" monster, you can Special Summon this card from your hand or Graveyard. You can only Special Summon "Batteryman Car Battery" this way once per turn. If this card is used for the Xyz Summon of a Thunder-type monster, you can draw 1 card, then place 1 card in your hand at the bottom of your Deck.

Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 "roid" monster you control and equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it in face-up Attack Position. While equipped by this effect, the equipped monster gains 700 ATK. If the equipped monster is used as Fusion Material for a Fusion Summon, you can banish this card from your Graveyard: Special Summon 1 "roid" monster from your Deck or Graveyard. The summoned monster's effect is negated. (A monster can only be equipped with 1 Union Monster at a time. If the equipped monster would be destroyed, destroy this card instead.)

Please do comment on these cards and explain to me why they are OP/need more work/etc.

Generator - Thunders really needed a searcher. Although thinking about it... This card's summon conditions can be generic. Only thunder monsters can use this card. (yes it can search Rai-oh but if you're running a rai-oh you're not running Generator.)

Car Battery - Oh a union... super slow then right? "If you control a face-up Thunder-type or "roid" monster, you can Special Summon this card from your hand or Graveyard." Thank you! ...wait this can only equip to Speedroids/Roids, aren't they machines? well that's a bit..... random....

My opinion. Generator is great. Car Battery is... well... I don't see the plays...

Thanks to you both for posting.

Required Information: Yes, this is true.

Polocatfan: Generator probably can be generic, now that you mention it. I think I'll change its material requirement.

As for Car Battery, in Batterymen it sets up Xyz plays and optimizes your hand. In Roids, it assists in swarming and gives a nice attack boost, since Roids are usually pretty weak outside of their Fusions. Admittedly, it doesn't much help with actually summoning the Fusions, so I'm willing to change that part.

Archived