Photo

[Written] Dark Clouds - The Storm Elemental Archetype

- - - - - water thunder burn written

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Tojin

Tojin

Spooky Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts
    Last Visit Jan 13 2019 09:55 PM

This is a small archetype I came up with almost a year ago when I first started making my own cards, so my apologies if they're broken or just plain bad. They're mainly focused on dealing burn damage, but are mostly reliant on monster effects to inflict it. The naming scheme is "storm" translated into different languages, except for Temen Oblak, whose name comes from a song of the same name and means "dark cloud". My logic for making them WATER/Thunder was based on MtG's making lightning mostly red (cf. Lightning Bolt), but since making them FIRE wouldn't make sense, I made them WATER instead. Please feel free to give any criticism you feel is necessary.

(My apologies for the font being weird; I copied the text from Google Drive.)

Temen Oblak, Supreme Storm Elemental

Level 8/WATER/Thunder/Effect

2800/600

If your opponent has taken 2500 or more damage this turn, except from battle, you can Special Summon this card from your hand or Graveyard. Once per turn, when your opponent takes Effect Damage, you can Special Summon one “Storm Elemental” monster from your Deck. It cannot attack this turn. You can only control one “Temen Oblak, Supreme Storm Elemental”.

Storm Elemental Stuhi

Level 4/WATER/Thunder/Effect

1800/300

When this card is Normal Summoned, inflict 800 damage to your opponent. If this effect activates while you control another “Storm Elemental” monster, inflict 500 more damage to your opponent.

Storm Elemental Ekaitz

Level 3/WATER/Thunder/Effect

1500/500

When your opponent takes Effect Damage from the effect of a card you control, except “Storm Elemental Stuhi”, you can Special Summon this card from your hand, then inflict 500 damage to your opponent. You can only Special Summon one “Storm Elemental Ekaitz” per turn this way.

Storm Elemental Nevihta

Level 2/WATER/Thunder/Effect

200/1800

When this card is flipped face-up, you may inflict 600 damage to your opponent. You can Tribute this card: All Effect Damage your opponent takes this turn is increased by 500. Only one “Storm Elemental Nevihta” may be Tributed per turn to activate this effect.

Storm Elemental Dröhnen

Level 1/WATER/Thunder/Effect

500/500

If you control 2 or more “Storm Elemental” monsters, you can discard this card from your hand; this turn, when you activate the effect of a “Storm Elemental” monster: Inflict 500 damage to your opponent. You can only activate the effect of “Storm Elemental Dröhnen” once per turn.

Gathering Clouds

Normal Spell

Add 1 “Storm Elemental” monster from your Deck to your hand. You can banish this card from your Graveyard: inflict 600 damage to your opponent. You cannot activate this effect during the turn this card is sent to the Graveyard.

Tojin

Tojin

Spooky Member

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Bump.

Tojin

Tojin

Spooky Member

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Bump.

♪ ♪Aria ♪ ♪

♪ ♪Aria ♪ ♪

♫Melody Maestro♫

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
    Last Visit Apr 14 2018 12:17 AM
  • Alias:Aria...
  • Xfrixtando

Summon one "Storm Elemental -Stuhi" to deal 800, and it also has a decent attack, then use an easy damage dealing cards card such as to special summon "Storm Elemental Ekaitz". Discard "Storm Elemental -Drohnen", next special summon "Temen Oblak, Supreme Storm Elemental", then by using it's effect special summon "Storm Elemental Ekaitz", then commence the battle phase, a devastating combination?

"Swaying Notes in the wind"
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Xfrixtando

Tojin

Tojin

Spooky Member

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Potentially, though you can only summon Temen Oblak with that combination of cards if the burn card deals 1000 or more damage.

While I appreciate your posting, I'd prefer it if you actually said what you liked/disliked/thought needed work with my cards.

♪ ♪Aria ♪ ♪

♪ ♪Aria ♪ ♪

♫Melody Maestro♫

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
    Last Visit Apr 14 2018 12:17 AM
  • Alias:Aria...
  • Xfrixtando

What I like about the deck is that it reflects the true ailment of thunder which strikes randomly, and deals direct damage to the opponent, it's a pretty nice deck, which has the potential to defeat battle negating effects, plus I also like thunder type monsters, but this deck is a bit hard countering against effect negating monster and spells, the monsters attack are balanced, they're not so strong physically but has the ability to deal direct damage, these cards aren't plain, they're quite technical

Why not make additional spell/trap cards like "Lightning Rod" that can support these cards in need of emergency, since lightning hits the tallest structure, this card's effect can destroy the monster with the highest attack and deal damage equal to half it's attack, Just a suggestion

"Swaying Notes in the wind"
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Xfrixtando

Sluggaholic

Sluggaholic

Resident Slug Entrepeneur

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts
    Last Visit May 27 2019 12:17 AM
  • Discord:Slugger

Personally, I don't see much of an issue with the archetype, though, I did track one potential, devastating combo that might work, if you get the right cards. I'll work it out for you how I see it:

Go first and draw into "Gathering Clouds", "Droehnen", "Ektaitz", "Stuhi", and "Waboku".

Set Waboku, activate "Gathering Clouds" add "Nevihta", then set "Nevihta".

Wait until your opponent's turn. If they don't do anything, then sweet, but, if they look like their going to attack, use Waboku, then hope they fear the face-down and skip BP (this is for max damage, mind you).

Draw into "Temen Oblak". Then begin shenanigans.

Flip "Nevihta", activate burn damage, Summon "Ekaitz", do burn damage based on summon, send "Droehnen" to grave, tribute "Nevihta" and burn for 500, summon "Stuhi" and use eff to total up 1800 damage w/ Nevihta's eff + 500 from "Droehnen", then banish "Gathering Clouds". Follow up by Summoning "Temen Oblak", his summon eff resolves, opponent takes another 500, Temen can then activate second eff to special and deal 500 more from "Droehnen" and get a free Storm Elemental.

Total Damage I calculated: 5400, roughly. On turn three. Yikes.

Not that it's totally horrific or anything, just a little scary to see. I recommend putting a cap on the monsters you summon, saying they can't attack the turn they're summoned, any of them, by any means of summon.

EDIT: I was 100 off. That combo deals 5500 damage third turn. Yikes.

Posted Image

Tojin

Tojin

Spooky Member

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Hrm. That is a pretty potent combo, but it requires a ton of pieces to pull off, as well as requiring your opponent to not kill Nevihta. I think the cards are good where they are, to be honest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users