[Sakura] Hydreigon the Brutal Destroyer

Flash Flyer - Sakura

4LvGUMx.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner DARK monsters
You can only use the (2) effect of "Hydreigon the Brutal Destroyer" once while it is face-up on the field.

(1) If this card destroys a monster by battle, it can make a second attack in a row.

(2) During either player's turn, if a monster effect is activated: You can negate the effect of that card.

[spoiler=V1]

OtSPrdX.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner DARK monsters
You can only use the (2) effect of "Hydreigon the Brutal Destroyer" per turn, and only once per turn. 

(1) If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, it can make a second attack in a row.

(2) During either player's turn, if a monster effect is activated: You can discard 1 card; negate the effect of that card.

Changelog

- 2nd effect altered to be once while it's face-up on the field. (1.1)

iU8EggM.png

Much like the previous stuff I did in the past, Hydreigon's effects are themed after actual sets that it runs in competition.

So yeah, Pokemon designed for the metagame.

Material-wise, made it require DARK non-Tuners for flavor purposes, so you can't splash Hydra into any Deck you please.

It's Level 7 though, as per some of my flavor notes from last time.

First one is themed after its Pokedex entry about it destroying everything.

Initially, I wanted to give it free double attacks [that don't require a monster to be destroyed], but considering this card's 2600 ATK, I was not keen on making this a 5.2k sweeper with minimal prior damage.

Second effect is themed off of Taunt, which in this case, I translated that to negation.

In-game, Taunt simply stops the opponent from activating status moves (or effects in this situation).

Unlike most negation stuff, I opted to not destroy the card it negated.

It is intended to stop floaters (see BAs, Clownblade [if still relevant] and others that trigger in the Graveyard) and hand traps (i.e. Yuki Usagi, Veiler, etc).

In essence, it's sort of like Divine Wrath except it also hits the Graveyard/hand also.

Originally was negation of card activations [including Scales], but I deemed that to be too powerful, even with a hard OPT.

I think double attacking and negation should be enough for Hydreigon (or rather, lack of viable effects that incorporate its moveset).

Something related to its ability might've been nice, but I don't know what that would've been: immunity to Trap Cards or something?

iU8EggM.png

IMG Credit: http://orig12.deviantart.net/368e/f/2012/015/a/5/pokemon__hydreigon_by_itsover900o-d4mflrg.png

(There was another image I wanted to use, but didn't turn out too well in the cardmaker)

Anyway, CnC.

Reps will be given for helpful reviews.

While you were looking at this card, I thought it over and gave it a hand cost like Divine Wrath, so you don't get a free negation every turn. 

Or I can set it up like Wyvern if a hand discard doesn't do anything to stop things.

Given this is themed for DARK monsters, I'd imagine there'd be a few Decks that do not mind ditching themselves to hit the opponent hard.

----

For now, I'll just change it to make it once while it's on the field.

CoTH should still be common enough to revive this, and trigger again.

You know, if you reduce the ATK a little (to weaken the first effect) to probably around... 2300-2400 (this also puts it out of EEV range, and allows it to be used with Dragon's Bind, which is hype) you could actually make it so that the discard isn't a cost, using a sort of "and if you do" wording, so it can trigger Shaddolls. 

I mean, it is up to you, since it is your card and all, but that is the direction I would go with it.

Archived