Series of Spells from the Underworld (Cherry)

Kanashimi

Small series consists of Quick-Play Spell Cards . . .

Kind of trying something new with Spell/Trap that banish itself from the Graveyard, instead of activating effects, it adds another Spell from the Deck.

Also added the story to it~ ^-^

[spoiler=1st Spell'']Bi52l2w.png

Boring Life in the Underworld

Spell/Quick-Play

Target 1 Spell or Trap card on the field; return it to the hand. During your Main Phase, except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; add 1 "Failure in the Underworld" from your Deck to your hand.

In the deepest part of the Underworld, unreachable by Tour Bus and Tour Guide, there live a girl with peerless knowledge in sorcery, her name was Cherry. Once upon a time, she was bored, then she try new sorcery she had never done before, a Conjuration Magic with Necromancery.

[spoiler=2nd Spell'']jqT1IUS.png

Failure in the Underworld

Spell/Quick-Play

If 1 or more Quick-Play Spell Cards is in your Banished Zone: Special Summon 1 "Unexpected Golem Token" (Fiend-Type/DARK/Level 5/ATK 2200/DEF 0). It cannot attack, but all monsters your opponent's control must attack "Unexpected Golem Token" (if able). During your Main Phase, except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; add 1 "Ambush in the Underworld" from your Deck to your hand.

But, what it comes out was . . . a Dark Blue Giant Golem-Like creature with a tremendous power. Unable to control such power and strength, she panicked and run away from the Conjured Beast.

[spoiler=3rd Spell'']gmYen39.png

Ambush in the Underworld

Spell/Quick-Play

If 2 or more Quick-Play Spell Cards is in your Banished Zone: All monster your opponent's currently control loses 200 ATK x its Level/Rank. During your Main Phase, except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; add 1 "Wreak Havoc in the Underworld" from your Deck to your hand.

Sensing a tremendous magical power, The Netherworld King sends his army of dark forces to ambush and capture her. Still in panic and scared, she realized that "her new beasts" is still following her . . .

[spoiler=4th Spell'']PxxEtzw.png

Wreak Havoc in the Underworld

Spell/Quick-Play

You can banish this card from your hand or Graveyard; add 1 "Cherry, Sorceress of the Underworld" from your Deck to your hand. If 3 or more Quick-Play Spell Cards is in your Banished Zone, change all of them to face-down while in the Banished Zone, then apply 1 of these effects to your opponent's:
● Shuffle all face-up cards they control to the Deck.
● Shuffle all Set cards they control to the Deck.

Without second thought, she believed in his strength and partner up with the beasts tremendous power, raw power combined with magical spell . . . It's showtime!

[spoiler=Monster'']7tbrUGR.png
Cherry, Sorceress from the Underworld
DARK/Level 3
Fiend/Effect
Once per turn: You can shuffle 1 card from your hand to the Deck; add 1 "Underworld" Quick-Play Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. Each time "Underworld" Spell Card is activated, you can activate 1 of these effects:
● Draw 1 card.
● This turn, this card cannot be targeted for attacks or card effects.
You can only use each of this effects once per turn.

Main Character from this series . . .

Still wondering if the 3rd and 4th Spell is too strong . . .

Also there's no cost to it (only activation requirements), but yes . . . should i put cost to each Spell?

Since i'm in a good mood, rep for anyone giving suggestions, criticisms and anything that help this series more balanced and better~

I like that they have a clear story to them. I'm a lore whore, so... ^.^; Anyway, I just had a couple of thoughts:

1) They're VERY easy to get off and get into succession. Even if you only ran the first 3 at 1, you could run "Wreak Havoc in the Underworld" at 3 and that's 3 field wipes for next to no cost (or none at all, if you play it right).

2) I feel like... I dunno, I feel like "Cherry, Sorceress of the Underworld" should be a monster who helps with things. Maybe she can be the engine? Instead of each card discarding itself for the one before, you can discard 1 card from your hand and the monster pulls an "Underworld" Quick-Play spell to hand? I just think it'd be more true to the game, but I only play a few archetypes, so maybe this is silly.

3) I also feel like this set would benefit from a Field Spell that gains counters from Quick-Play spells. To tie in with "Havoc", it could spend counters to save monsters from leaving the field? I dunno. It seems like "Havoc" is supposed to set something up, but you don't really have any monsters besides the Token, and that would leave if you shuffled all face-up cards.

I have no idea what "rep" is for, but hopefully I've earned some with my thoughts. Cheers!

Rep is . . . like!

Yay! Thx~

1. That is why . . . almost every deck can run these Spells, might be a problem actually. But yes, you can run 3 Havoc but you can't use it instantly (need to wait at least 2-3 turns) because of its activation requirements (need 3 banished Quick-Play Spell Cards), and also you can't spam them. That's why no cost on these Spell (since you can't Spam it and must wait few turns for Ambush or Havoc), but still dunno . . . if it need cost, what kind of cost?

2. A monster? Hmm~ . . . fair enough, since the spell is too easy to pull of, the monster might help the search instead of the Spell search its own. (I wonder if Level 3 Fiend-Type work?). But in doing so, these Spells no longer work in every Deck and probably only work in a Deck specifically build for it, also umm . . . it has consistency issues, what if my hand full of these Spell (let's say 2 Havoc and 3 Ambush) but don't have the monster? A dead hand? Or should i change the Spell 1st effect to search the monster instead of another Spell? And it's not discarding, it's shuffling back to the Deck to search another Spell.

3. Spell Counter? Dunno 'bout that . . . since this spell is slow (mostly you can only activate 1 "Underworld" Quick-Play Spell per turn), or should i change the effect of Havoc to your opponent's field instead? As for the Field Spell, it's umm . . . i don't think these series need it. (i can just change the effect to your opponent instead)

But yes the pluses of this Spell is, when you activate (-1) you can add another (+1), so you don't lose anything (until Havoc played, you can't search more)

Thx for the feedback, i'll do what i can~

• 1 year later...

My goodness, it's been a while since I've done such a deep dive. Anyway's I'm happy I faved this-now it's time to review it in a new light. 

[spoiler=The 4 Underworld Spells]

Bi52l2w.png

Boring Life Monotony in the Underworld seems like a slower Spiritualism, but that's to the untrained eye. Pop this on your opponent's End Phase, and watch the fireworks. It's something you can use for when that pesky backrow is at it again, but you can't tolerate it being destroyed-its a costless, tutoring Cosmic Cyclone. I'm only putting one in though-mainly because you only need one to go into....

jqT1IUS.png

Failure Hazard in the Underworld! 

Shoot, I may place in three of these. Just to summon an Unexpected Golem Token that (a) won't lock me out of other Summons, (b) can be Tributed and destroyed, so hello Metalfoes/Crystron fodder, and © drawing my opponent's attacks to the token anyway. S'like a more focused Hippo Carnival. Yes, it's one token, but it's a 2200 ATK token. Which a Phantom Knights Dusty Robe can make it a 3000 ATK Token. That Crystal Wing can't get over because it's a okay scratch that, it's Level 5. But that can also help Synchro plays though. Uni and Plaguespreader Zombie might have  something to say about a spammable Level 5 token in play. (Starts with 

So good card all around. May put in a bit more when they invent some banish-to float Quick Play Spells, just for the shenaynays. OH WAIT PHANTOM KNIGHTS HAS ONE -the Rank-Up spell. Now it can lead to power all arounder. And Synchro Phantom Knight builds. Oh the humanity.

Oh well, let's move on to the next part of this story...

gmYen39.png

Ambush in the Underworld! (yeah, I have no problems with this name, really. Fits well.) 

Permanent ATK drain on a Quick-Play Spell? Shoot, even I'Lumi'raj has to have field prescence to do this!

Usually, I'd have a problem with this, but since it replaces 2 cards-Failure through its search and itself through the same-keep as is. Powercreeped Burden of the Mighty could easily cause problems, though. Which leads me to another Deck that could make use of this-the Magicians. Silent Burning and Dark Magic Inheritance can easily turn a field on a whim, and set up hard for the Underworld Spells. Level 5 Tokens that Failure brings out can help expedite those Synchro Summons. And this can knock those beefy Extra Deckers your opponent has (Titanic Galaxy and Sigfried notwithstanding) down to size easy.

Hard to believe what could top all of this, but here it is... 

PxxEtzw.png

An effect Rainbow Neos would give its right arm for, on Spell Speed 2, at the cost of flipping down a minmum of three Quick Play Spells. And it searches the main star of this epic without having to wait a turn. This could be an engine all its own, if for no reason than to thin the Deck (with a little help from Foolish Burial of Belongings) and fill the hand. Sure a couple of Decks could make good use of a full hand, even before the Normal Summon. Again, Phantom Knights spring to 

Seriously, Super Underworld Finisher Cherry Ball (get it?) could easily swing a duel the right way in a hurry. Maining three of these, a trio of banishable Quick Play Spells, and 3 of Cherry could easily make for an engine of its own in hand advantage. Sure, getting them out and about might prove a small issue, but +3 of anything, even a Level 3 Fiend, is still a +3. It's these types of payoffs that have been missing from Spell Cards, ever since they gave away the field clearing potential they once held to...monsters, really. 

And speaking of such....

[spoiler=Cherry]

7tbrUGR.png

SO. 

BLOODY.

ADORABLE. 

And it works up its own fashion-searches its first 3 chapters of its own storyline by shuffling away a card into the Deck-maybe the Gem-Knight you accidentally drew, so that your other Brilliant Fusions can be live again-and you can bring out your Quick-Play Spiritualism, Quick-Play Abyss Stungray, or Quick-Play Burden of the Mighty. And each time you do that a turn, you can either make her indestructible or recoup the hand loss with another card. Like RAIN. On your wedding day. 

Seriously, even if I risk summoning her with the Tour Guide with no effect, its no biggie, because Wreak Havoc's banishment will just bring her back to hand! This is a Summoning machine that can easily pay for itself. S'like Terrortop-Taekomborg all over again, but with extra fixings! Even 3 of Cherry, 3 of Wreak Havoc and a Tour Guide can amount to an Extra Deck summoning machine that can easily recoup from its losses to go again. Maybe a couple of Kagemusha Knights to keep the monotony away.

I tip my hat to you Kana, however late it may be. This was an amazing set of cards to look on, and the story behind it is so heartwarming, especially from something called Underworld (Okay, 2nd most so, but come on, that's you vs. Kate Beckingsale.) Thank you so much. 

What you said.

Well its necroposting for sure, thx for the reply, better late than nothing hmm? But anyway . . . for the sake of replying.

> Boring Life: because pop*ing means its just better version of MST + can search. thats why Spritualism eff added here.

> Failure: Yes synchro shokan mat, well i made this even before PK's exist . . . so yknow it.

> Ambush: because . . . i want to make the effect stronger as the story progress. So permanent mass ATK decrease is what pop*d out in my mind atm. But stat alteration not really relevant rn imo (except massive ATK/DEF boost which can turn the game instantly), given how fast the game currently.

> Wreak Havoc: its Normal Spell, not Quick-Play, because im aware how scary if it was SS2 spin.

> Cherry: the idea come up thanks to above user NobodySovereign. I never had a plan on making monster but only Spell and its story on its own, search itself ala Nekroz Ritual Spells. Yes they can be engine on their own, especially Fiend-related.

Also ive planned on making a whole "Underworld" archetype based around this alone. With a Sangan retrain + errata adding Underworld in its name for archetype purpose (something like Sangan, Wanted in the Underworld, given his original story being put in prison/banned). But scrapped the idea since, the whole "Underworld" cards are randomsies and making them work together is a hard-complicated, and maybe not optimal as an archetype, also Sangan already errata'd so no point.

Necrobump in the Underworld. Much flavour. 10/10

Thats a good one!

Archived