Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

After Alleria returned to Himiko holding some delicious looking bread, the found a bench and sat down to eat. After they've finished, Alleria turned to Himiko. 

"Really, thanks a lot for this. It's just...you're really kind to me, even if we just met today, and the first impression you get of me aren't really something even remotely good.

You really have my gratitude, so if you need any help ..just tell me, alright? I'll definitely try to help you to repay your kindness."

"Don't worry about it too much, after all, who would've left you there knocked out while a fight was going on right next to you?" Himiko replied with a smile.

"You know...maybe after this, let's practice together for tomorrow, shall we? I can learn some of your moves, and maybe you can see the difference of the dance here than your home region's.

Does that sound good enough?"

"That would be great! Imagine, a combination of traditional asian-type dances, and your more modern type of dances, if there will be a dancing competition tomorrow, we will surely dominate it! Let's go, i already have some ideas in mind." She said as she dragged Alleria to a part of the festival grounds with not many people. "Okay, let's do our best!" She said as they started training for the upcoming festival.

x393wz.jpg

The next day

The day of the festival, Himiko woke up and the sun was bright in the sky. Today she was supposed to dance with Alleria in the festival, it was going to be great.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oasis

"Whaddya staring chrome dome?!  Never seen a sharpedo almost eat an entire murkrow whole?!" The Sharpdeo stormed off before Scarlet could even get a word in. Luckily, it seemed that a young gijinka had gotten the tree taken care of with a burst of water. With that in mind, she headed straight towards Mac. It had seemed that she had taken her advice - there seemed to be a bite out of the Lum Berry. It also seemed ot be right near Mac's chin - it seemed like someone had come along and fed her the berry. Maybe the Litleo that was near them? Either way, Mac had gotten the bite she needed from the Lum Berry. Hopefully this would be enough to cure her state of paralysis.

. . .

The gijinka that had put out the water walked towards Scarlet and tapped her on the shoulder. Turning around and getting a better look at him, it seemed like he was a Wingull gijinka. "Thank you for helping with the Scyther. Please meet us at the Camelpalooza for food and drinks." The Wingull smiled weakly "Although...we would like to ask you to not stay for long. We would prefer to avoid any further damage..." He gave a short chuckle while saying this. "This goes for you too, young one." He tiled his head and looked at Mac, who was laying on the ground.

Juyu

It seemed like Lok's idea went perfect this time. As the Sheriff saw the young boy, she sent out a more ninja-looking girl in blue towards him, a potion in her hand. Without hesitation, she started to apply the potion onto his wound, then pulled out some bandages what seemed like out of nowhere and wrapped his arm with it. "Ah..!" he let out a small gasp - the potion stung! - but it was over really quick. While his arm still hurt, it definitely felt better. "You should get some rest" she told him. And with all that done, Lok headed himself towards the inn he was staying to wait for the next day

. . .

Lok woke up earlier than he normally did. Today was the day - the day of the festival! His arm also felt much better now. Without missing a beat, Lok got his Poke and headed out the Inn straight into the festival area. 

"Thanks for helping out, mister...uhh...what's your name again? Hehe..."  the little boy chuckled before adding, "Oh yeah! My name is Ari," the kid bounced on the balls of his feet, obviously super excited. "Are you a Chaser too? Are you going to the inn? I am. Wanna head there together? Or are you gonna explore the city?" He turned to the yellow girl as well. "And what about you? What's your name? Mine's Ari!" The young lion's pure enthusiasm made the large dragon chuckle, his energy nearly infectious.

"My name is Kazo... and... yeah, I'm a Chaser. As for what I'm doing...--" A sudden growl came from his stomach. "I guess I'll go to inn before skipping town," Kazo said as he looked up and rubbing his head. The blue dragon figured he should make tracks before nightfall came. "Shouldn't you two get back to your parents?" He asked innocently. I mean, he can imagine the girl's parents would be pissed, trying to take on some bloodthirsty maniac all by herself, and without a plan, no less. He put his hands in his pockets. He decided he'd grab some food to go and get the hell out of town. The inn would probably be way too filled with people for his tastes. Last thing he'd want is to start freaking out in the middle of a crowd.

Alleria Ethera, Tjuyu

Since she was unable to pay the rent for her room anymore, Alleria took most of her stuff (which weren't much thankfully), and moved to Himiko's place. She was still quite bitter that her purse had been stolen and how one of her very few dresses had been torn apart to the point of it being completely unsalvageable, but Himiko's kindness made her bitterness be less pronounced. Focusing on good things to be had with her, Alleria trained with the foreign Chimencho all day until her body felt sore, and she then slept together with her in her place. Learning new dance moves from her was definitely very pleasant, and even if she's unsure on whether she'd remember it several days from now, the fact that she had fun was enough.

The next day, Alleria decided to go to the festival grounds earlier than Himiko - mainly so that she could try helping out with the rest of the preparation, perhaps getting some money in the meantime. Though, while she did get to help with carrying some stuffs around and finishing up some last-second decorations, in the end she didn't get paid at all.

That disappointed her, to put it mildly. She was going to blow a fuse about it, but she realized that it would just ruin her promise to dance along with Himiko, and she also noticed that the sheriff of the area was around. In the end, she decided to walk around as she struggled to defuse herself and distract her thoughts from it.

Maybe...she could...nah that would tire her out too much. She needed to be as fresh as possible when the competition and the festival itself start. Mumbling to herself, she walked around the area as she hunted for things that she could help around with. However, soon something caught her interest. It was a costumed bard, playing a bass guitar in a certain corner. He...or she perhaps, would be one of many performers being present on the festival, but whoever they were, they're seemingly content with playing on that corner on their own, instead of being in the middle of the crowd. Not too peculiar in itself, but the performer made Alleria realized that she was a bit lonely since Himiko hadn't seem to arrive just yet. Deciding that it wouldn't hurt to try talking to the performer, she went ahead and did just that.

"Hello there, miss!

Not joining in the festivities just yet? The crowd won't notice you if you just play here, you know...?

Hm...hey, do you want to walk around with me? I'm a bit lonely, and maybe we can talk along the way to pass time before the festival fully start. How about that?"

Juyu

Cold Crown Wallenstein

"Oh, Rotomboy! Fancy seeing you here!" At the festival grounds, it didn't take long for Wallenstein to spot someone she recognized. The Rotom from the earlier day who got dragged into the fight was also wandering around the festivities, enjoying the sights and attractions. Wallenstein went over to where he was standing at. "Seems you're alright. Don't suppose you've seen the guy who protected you yesterday around, have you? Figure I better pay them back before I run outta money."

Wallenstein then noticed the group of Zangeese nearby and waved to them. "Oh hey, you guys! I see you Zangeese are alright. How are the Sevipers from yesterday?"

Juyu

"Oh, Rotomboy! Fancy seeing you here!" Lok turned around to the familiar voice. It was the Empoleon from yesterdays fiasco. He waved at her as she walked up to him. "Seems you're alright." she said. Lok's arm had healed completely since yesterday - whatever is in those potions is magic! "Yep!" He grinned. "Don't suppose you've seen the guy who protected you yesterday around, have you? Figure I better pay them back before I run outta money." His grinned faded a bit "No, I haven't seen him since yesterday." He shrugged. "You're the first person I've seen that I recognize from yesterday." The Empoleon girl started waving somewhere. Turning to see where she was waving, he saw the Zangoose gang. None of the Selvipers had been there - he could only assume that they had been arrested by the sheriff from earlier.

Things had, so far at least, proceeded uninterestingly.  A small group or two would meander past her, some stopping and others quickening their pace.  One or two lingered about, apparently enjoying the chaotic cords and discordant melodies she had to play.  Most would have no reason to be familiar with them, but a number of them were excerpts from ceremonies of worship devoted to the Master of Darkness and Lord of Shadows.  The Order was, after all, religious at its core, and she had been required to learn a number of pieces during her training.  It was during one such piece, an excerpt from The Dirge as it was known, that a familiar face appeared before her.  Familiar in the sense that she felt she had seen this one before, but she could not exactly place where he had encountered the ostentatiously dressed Altaria before.

"Hello there, miss!  Not joining the festivities yet?  The crowd won't notice you if you just play here, you know...?"  What wonderful perception this one had!  It was almost as if she had seen through the mask upon her face, and even further into her very being to discern her intentions!  Of course Whisper couldn't just go expressing her irritation on the matter, given that could arouse unnecessary suspicion from an apparent performer.  After all, what bard didn't want to be noticed?  "Hm...hey, do you want to walk around with me?  I'm a bit lonely, and maybe we can talk along the way to pass time before the festival fully starts.  How about that?"

"Oh, well I wasn't sure if there were any places open further in."  She stated in response to the girl's initial question, taking a moment to gather up the few bits of Poké that had been thrown her way by the odd passerby.  "Though I guess if one is, I could try to find it.  As for walking with you... sure, why not?  Who would turn down the company of such a pretty girl?"  And that flirtatious tone she'd used the other day found its way back into her voice.  After all, it would be fun to see if she could get the Altaria squirming.  A few more moments, and she'd come to stand about a head taller than the dragon, plus a bit more with her hood pulled up.  "I will have to keep my costume on though.  Can't exactly take it off if I plan to perform.  So, where to?"

Juyu

The festival was showing no signs of slowing down. In fact it seemed to get even more exciting as several big names were spotted preparing for the singing competition, the lead singer of NidoQueen for one, and there were many new and hyped acts set to perform as well. The winner of the last competition hadn’t shown themselves yet and everyone was wondering if they were going to be a no show. There was a Camerupt complaining about this to the old man handling sign-ups, who kept calm and explained that he had no control of that.
However sign-ups were still going, albeit getting closer to the end. Three hours after noontime  it would be over, and the singers would be given one hour to prepare before showtime.
Near the central stage there was a group who had set up their own dancing stage, and several Gijinka were fumbling around on it. Attempting, and failing, to dance well.

Gwendoline was strolling through the ground, casually chatting with several Gijinka. She was on the lookout for Wally, hoping to get the chance to talk with her again. Gwen had been quite happy with how the other day had turned out, and it filled her with determination to think that she could make a friend that wasn’t many years younger than herself. Unfortunately she hadn’t seen the older girl yet, though she did run into the sheriff.

It had been a tense discussion but she was able to explain her side of things and was let off with a warning not to interfere with those kind of Gijinka without consulting authority. She had even managed to get Wally out from scrutiny, though Gwen had to skip over the fact that Wally probably actually instigated things.

Gwen was eating some strange new food that had been called “Cottonee Candy”, which was shaped as some weird cloud-like creature, when she spotted a familiar face. Though not the one she had been looking for.
“Oh that’s...yes that must be her. The Altaria girl from the other day, she seems safe.” Gwen made her way towards the girl and spoke up. “Hello there miss, I hope I’m not incorrect but were you the one who was involved in that scuffle yesterday? I wanted to check to see if you were alright...” Her eyes automatically flicked to the side, where the person the Altaria was talking with stood.

Suddenly Gwen’s heart tightened and a pain shot through it. She gasped and brought a hand to her chest, stumbling slightly before regaining her bearings. The pain left as soon as it had come and she was left staring awkwardly at the stranger. “Ehe, well what a specteracular introduction hey?” She grinned weakly. She was pretty sure of that pun, no one else could come up with something so subtle as that. "I'm Gwendoline, by the way." Though there was something bothering Gwen as she looked at the musician. A strange familiarity that she couldn’t quite understand. Especially as they were wearing some kind of costume and so it was nearly impossible to distinguish anything about them. She had to be sure the Altaria was right, however, anything else came second.

Still Juyu

"Oh hey, you guys! I see you Zangeese are alright. How are the Sevipers from yesterday?"

“You’ve got a lot of balls comin’ up to us like that.” Sada said as the Empoleon approached. Her gang had all come up behind her when the girl spoke to their boss but she waved them off. “The Seviper? Let’s see. Dead, jail, running scared. Yeah that sounds about right. What’s it to you? Take a shine to them didja? Wouldn’t have pegged you for the type that’d fall for someone who tried to kill ya but who am I to judge?” She smiled cheekily back at the gang and they laughed on cue. “Lemme just give you a tip, careful who you’re so friendly around. If I wasn’t in such a good mood who knows what coulda happened?”

Oasis

Mac glared at the Litleo’s grin. “You’re lucky I’m paralyzed or I’d wipe that gr-urp.” Mac’s words were interrupted by the sudden presence of a berry in her mouth. She chewed on the berry violently, staring up at the Litleo as she did. Each crushing bite was meant as a blow to her now mortal enemy, this little boy who dared to laugh at her, HER, the greatest Chaser-to-be the world has yet to know!

Nonetheless the berry seemed to weaken the effects of the numbness and Mac was able to, shakily and refusing help, get to her feet. In time to see one of the villagers putting out the fire and offering food to the three of them. She was worried they’d recognize her or something but they didn’t seem to realize she was from Oasis at all. Which kinda pissed her off to be honest.

Her rival, Ari apparently, had ignored her to talk to the tough looking blue guy for a bit and so when he decided to ask her questions she almost ignored him. Buuut that wouldn’t be a very heroic thing to do. “I’m Mackenzie...I mean Mac, Mac is my name! Anyway, of course I’m a Chaser and I bet I know a ton more about the Legends than you do!” She had to think a moment if she wanted to go to the inn. She could be recognized but...food. Food won out easily and she told Ari that she’d go.

When this Kazo guy spoke up she decided to put her foot down. She strode up to him and poked him while glaring up at him. “Don’t you tell me what to do tall-y! If you wanna fight or something let’s throw down right here, I’m not gonna have you bossing me around!” She didn't give them a chance to reply before she turned away abruptly and walked forward with determination towards the inn. “Both of you come with me, now, I’m the boss here now.”

The inn was, as all places in Oasis, one floor. However there was a basement level which is where all the rooms were held. The main floor was filled with low, rectangular, tables that could seat four people at two ends and one at the smaller sides. A long counter separated the rest of the floor from where several Gijinka could be seen preparing food.
There was a loud crashing sound as one of the inn workers dropped a tray of food rudely in front of a Sharpedo. “There’s your damn food, happy?” Mac noticed that the food was quite raw, having not had much time to cook apparently.

Mac wondered what that was about but didn’t care enough to check. She went over confidently to one of the tables, certain that the two had followed her.

Oasis

Taiga looked the gijinka who brought her her food square in the eye.  She licked her lips and snickered.  "About damn time!...You were about to make your way onto that menu yourself had that come out a minute later!"  She slammed her fist onto the table before her.  "You should be lucky I even decided to save this damn town!  You'll be lucky if I even leave you a tip!  My presence should be enough anyways!  FUFUFUFU!"  Taiga hadn't realized, but she'd taken a captain's stance on her chair.  She quickly sat back down and picked up a slab of meat with her fork. 

"Rare...just the way I like it!"  She chomped down onto the meat hunk and started shredding it with her teeth, swallowing huge chunks whole.  

Across the room, she noticed a small Gijinka...the one who had defied her before, the one who backed up that liar of a mime.  "Electric types...sheesh...those guys are the worst.  Always being positive...always thinkin' they're in charge!  Well I'll shock her alright!"  Taiga ate the rest of her meat and marched over to the girl's table.  She slammed her hand flat square in the middle.  When she would make eye contact, the gijinka would notice the wicked smile that graced her face.

"So little girl, weird seein' a liar like that die in front of your face huh?  Told you he was nothin' special!  But you just had to go and flap those..." Taiga coughed and vaguely blushed, "...lips of yours didn't ya!"  She shrugged.  "Poor schmuck...got himself cut down in the blink of an eye...nothin' you could do to stop it...sucks bein' a hero-type doesn't it?"

d2akEes.png

Juyu

The night before had been quite the usual ending to the day.  He and Wes had holed up in an inn.  However, when the two went off to their room together, the gijinka at the front desk gave them a strange look.  The two shrugged it off and they slept with ease.  Sid had periodically woken up during the night, unable to fall completely asleep.  However, this was the norm, and he spent his time awake to look at the night sky.  How similar it was to the cave ceiling where he spent the majority of his life...however...it was much harder to get to sleep in those caves.  There were no rules, no laws, down there.  Sid shivered at the memories that lay in the back of his mind that had been created during those times...it wasn't long before the sun had risen, and the two would start their new day.

"Lame..."  That's all Sid could think about at this happy-go-lucky music festival.  He wasn't too much of a fan of crowds in the first place, but when crowds are aglow with gross happy faces all the time, it almost made him lose his lunch.  Lucky for him crystals didn't come up that easy.  

He and Wes stood on the outskirts of the crowd.  He wouldn't admit it, but he was excited for the festivities that would happen today.  He needed a change of pace anyways, battling wasn't always important.  It was about time the duo had some R&R.  He made sure to keep a lookout for those he thought suspicious from the previous day's kerfuffle, and the sheriff as well.  Sid looked to Wes and raised an eyebrow.  "Plans?"

"I will have to keep my costume on though.  Can't exactly take it off if I plan to perform.  So, where to?"

"Well, let's just walk around the place. I'm still waiting for my friend to arrive here." The masked performer somewhat intrigued Alleria with her demeanor. And did she just try to flirt with her? Perhaps she should respond to her attempt. it'd be fun, after all. However...it's not really the best time for it, so she decided that they should just circle the immediate area for now. The performer being significantly taller than her was somewhat intimidating, but she didn't seem like someone that would harm her for now, so the Altaria kept up her smile as she started talking again with her.

"Hey, where are you from, miss? it must be quite a long journey for you to reach this town so you can participate in the festival, right? How's the trip?"

However, before she could get the answer from her, a Mismargius appeared before her, looking as if she recognized Alleria even if she couldn't really recall about who she was.

“Hello there miss, I hope I’m not incorrect but were you the one who was involved in that scuffle yesterday? I wanted to check to see if you were alright...”

"Yesterday's...scuffle...?" The Mismargius's words reminded her again about what Himiko told her about yesterday. About how she participated in a brawl that she couldn't even remember. Yeah, no way it would be her. The doppelganger running around must be the culprit.

"Nah, I don't think I know what you're referring about, sorry. But I'm definitely fine, and I'm thankful for your concerns about me." It seemed that the ghost-type didn't hear her well now, however. She seemed to notice the masked performer beside her, and started to froze. She stared awkwardly at her for quite a while, before saying anything else.

“Ehe, well what a specteracular introduction hey? I'm Gwendoline, by the way." The ghost-type grinned weakly after she made the soul-crushingly depressing pun. Alleria started to wonder what's happening between the two of them. Maybe the masked performer had some secret with the Mismargius? The Altaria didn't really see much issue from the performer, so perhaps it's just the ghost-type being shy.

"Well, nice to meetcha, Gwendy. I'm Alleria, by the way, a wandering performer. Don't know much about this nice lady here, we kinda just met and we were just started chatting earlier. Hey, let's hear your name too, miss!" Alleria turned to the performer on her side, smiling and gesturing to her to introduce herself. While she waited for her to do so, she turned around again to Gwendoline.

"Say, you're here for the festival too, Gwenny?"

It's been a while and Himiko hadn't seem to arrive here yet. Maybe once she's done chatting with them she should try picking her up. Perhaps she overslept? Or maybe she needed some help with her preparation? That's something to consider. For now though, it'd be unpleasant if she just left the two of her conversation partners midway.

Juyu

Cold Crown Wallenstein

"You're the first person I've seen that I recognize from yesterday."

“You’ve got a lot of balls comin’ up to us like that.”

Wallenstein waved and whispered a 'see-ya' to the former Rotom as she forgot about him and approached the gang. The Zangoose leader grumpily listed a few possible answers. “The Seviper? Let’s see. Dead, jail, running scared. Yeah that sounds about right. What’s it to you? Take a shine to them didja? Wouldn’t have pegged you for the type that’d fall for someone who tried to kill ya but who am I to judge?”

They laughed on cue and without taking a hint, she laughed along with them. "For good or for worse I had fun yesterday because of your two gangs. Won't deny, you all seem pretty fun!"

“Lemme just give you a tip, careful who you’re so friendly around. If I wasn’t in such a good mood who knows what coulda happened?” And indeed, things could've escalated much like how yesterday went. Wallenstein gave a light sigh. 

"Would be bad for us all if we fought again but, you are in a good mood so, thought I'd say hi. With that said I don't wanna piss you guys off, I'll go look around a bit more." She gave the Zangoose a light, hopefully friendly pat on the shoulder before she turned and walked towards another attraction that pulled her interest. It was risky to have greeted them but she felt she might've been able to do it diplomatically enough.

Before she knew it however, her tracks stopped. It was from the corner of her eye but she saw it. She saw her.

nidoQueen's lead singer.

Again, before she could realize that, the singer disappeared into the crowds. She truly was visible from Wallenstein's point of view for only a split second. It was a miracle. Wallenstein stopped for a second, unsure of how to reply.

"...Ohmygod! No one told me she was here! What do I do, what do I do? Not like an outsider can just go behind the stage to get an autograph or something...." She started pondering with extreme intensity as her footsteps took her towards the audience area. If nothing else she sure was going to listen to nidoQueen. Hopefully 'Don't Detect Me Now''ll be sung.

Kazo really didn't know what to make of the situation he was in... He just mentioned that they should talk to their parents and then suddenly that Mackenzie--sorry, Mac--girl strode up to him and poked him while glaring up at him with one of the scariest glares he had seen in a long time. “Don’t you tell me what to do tall-y! If you wanna fight or something let’s throw down right here, I’m not gonna have you bossing me around!” He didn't give get a chance to reply before she turned away abruptly and walked forward with determination towards the inn. “Both of you come with me, now, I’m the boss here now.”

"Odd... I don't remember us voting on that...," He muttered under his breath. He was tempted to just turn tail and run now, but... if he did that, she would probably hunt him down! Oh man, and then what would happen? Crap, she'd probably get her friends to come along and beat him up. Dammit, running was no longer an option, now was it...? "Y-Yes ma'am," He muttered as he followed, hands in his pockets.

So, the inn itself wasn't so bad. Like most places in Oasis, it was only one floor. However, there was a basement, which, strangely enough, was comforting to him. He liked being underground far more than he did being above it. The tables were big enough to sit four people, which was honestly disappointing. He was kinda hoping they only sat two, so he could have Ari and Mac sit at a table, and he sit at another. Oh well, guess he'd have to find another way to lose her.

There was a loud crashing sound nearby that nearly made Kazo jump out of his skin. He looked over just as one of the inn workers dropped a tray of food in front of a female Sharpedo. Arcues, he was not getting a break today, was he? “There’s your damn food, happy?” The food was quite raw, having not had much time to cook apparently.... honestly, it looked pretty good...

He took a seat, ignoring the ranting of the Sharpedo to instead find the spot that was the farthest from Mac while still being at the table, which was on the other side and diagonal from her. Otherwise, he's be sitting next to or across from, and he did not have the nerve power to deal with that today.

He sighed to himself, when suddenly, the Sharpedo slammed her hand flat square in the middle. That made Kazo completely leap out of his skin. Well, figuratively, anyways. He turned his head to see that the Sharpedo was standing right next to him, which allowed him to notice the wicked smile that was on her face... it reminded him of the people from his past... only... hers was MUCH more intense.

"So little girl, weird seein' a liar like that die in front of your face huh? Told you he was nothin' special! But you just had to go and flap those..." she coughed and... was that a blush? That was a very faint blush. It almost made her look cute--- no wait...

"What the F***ING HELL WAS THAT BRAIN?!" He mentally screamed.

"...lips of yours didn't ya!" She continued and shrugged. "Poor schmuck...got himself cut down in the blink of an eye...nothin' you could do to stop it...sucks bein' a hero-type doesn't it?"

That made him mad. He didn't care if she was a... woman... or if she was cute---F***ING STOP IT BRAIN!!!--- or if she looked insane to him, she wasn't talking that way!! He slammed his own fist and stood up, a fire in his eyes... that was hidden behind his sunglasses.

"It doesn't matter if he was lying or not! Today, someone lost their life, and a family lost their father, husband, or whatever he was! Don't make light of his death like that!!" he roared. As soon as the words came out, however, the courage left him like a Pidgey leaves their nest. Crap. Why did he always do this?!

Oasis

Ari had gone quiet when Kazo mentioned his parents. Honestly...he had started getting homesick. Just a little though. He was going to be brave and strong, so eventually he would get over that.

Mac, however, had gotten loud. "Don’t you tell me what to do tall-y! If you wanna fight or something let’s throw down right here, I’m not gonna have you bossing me around! Both of you come with me, now, I’m the boss here now." She had already started walking away, expecting them to follow her.

"Odd... I don't remember us voting on that..." Kazo grumbled, but followed her anyway.

Ari started to sniff that he was not a follower, and then remembered his status as runaway. Oh yeah...I guess I'm just a commoner now, he thought. Still, being a commoner was a lot more fun than being a prince, if experience had told him anything. "All right!" he bounced after them both, ready for anything.

Immediately after entering, they met the scary blue woman from earlier. She seemed kind of...weird. But when she started mocking the man from before...

The Litleo clenched his fists. No one, and no one, was allowed to mock that man. He had only lied because he had a family he wanted to impress, and Ari could relate to that. His own family...well, that was the whole reason he was doing all this, wasn't it?

Kazo seemed to agree. "It doesn't matter if he was lying or not! Today, someone lost their life, and a family lost their father, husband, or whatever he was! Don't make light of his death like that!!"

"Right!" Ari growled in his best threatening tone. Still nowhere near his father's level but he was trying. "That guy...he was trying his best, and to just dismiss that...well you're a slobbering mangy stupid poacher, that's what you are!" He had learned that one from Zago.

tRCh4Z6.png

Juyu

Easter was bored. Well, that wasn't so unusual. Nor was the fact he was eating candy. Cottonee Candy, to be precise. He had been keeping a lookout for any Seviper, but it looked like they were a no-show. Perhaps that Escavalier girl had something to do with it? Their Zangoose counterparts seemed fine, though.

Walking by one of them...what was her name? Sa-something. He didn't bother to keep names in his memory bank for very long...not unless the owner had impressed him. She had managed a bit when she had seen through his appearance, though.

"You’ve got a lot of balls comin’ up to us like that."

Easter stopped. Was she talking to him?

"The Seviper? Let’s see. Dead, jail, running scared. Yeah that sounds about right. What’s it to you? Take a shine to them didja? Wouldn’t have pegged you for the type that’d fall for someone who tried to kill ya but who am I to judge?"

What? He hadn't even asked about the Seviper, and none of them had tried to kill him. Turning around, Easter spotted that Empoleon woman from before. She seemed a bit different from yesterday. Not nearly so aggressive, at least. "For good or for worse I had fun yesterday because of your two gangs. Won't deny, you all seem pretty fun!"

Sada warned her off, and then they parted ways. Easter watched the Zangoose for moment more before leaving himself. It would do him no good to get involved with ruffians like that. At least it was unlikely he'd have to deal with the Seviper leader anytime soon. Back to his senses, it was very well likely that he could've seen past Easter's looks as well, and then he'd have a troublesome poison type to deal with. Or worse, he wouldn't care, and he'd still have a troublesome poison type to deal with.

Well. That was what Psyshock was for, but it didn't do to go about making enemies. At least with non-darks or dragons.

The Sylveon kept wandering the grounds, enjoying himself immensely. He spotted a few familiar faces, famous celebrities he'd heard about. Eventually he came across that Weavile from before, accompanied by a Sableye. Intrigued, he stopped to greet them. Should he tell the girl the sheriff was looking for her? He had overheard...something about a Blizzard attack. Impressive. He had revised his earlier opinion of her worth.

Nah. If she was really that good, she had probably already gathered that much. "Hello," he grinned cheekily. "Fancy meeting you here." He wouldn't blame the girl if she didn't remember him, as the clone he had been talking to had been destroyed by that troublesome Seviper almost immediately after. Oh well. It didn't hurt to greet her, maybe get a bit more information on this Sableye fellow. He was part dark, after all.

Oasis

“Don’t you tell me what to do tall-y! If you wanna fight or something let’s throw down right here, I’m not gonna have you bossing me around!” Scarlet could help but chuckle a bit. She definitely had a fiery spirit, that's for sure. “Both of you come with me, now, I’m the boss here now.” She declare at the pair that had been at the river. The Gabite seemed to mutter something under his breathe. The Litleo, a lot less reluctantly, decided to follow as well. "Aren't you forgetting someone?" Scarlet said to Mac, smirking a bit. She must of forgotten about her in the heat of the moment. Despite not being directly invited to follow, she also tagged along. After all, they were all going to the same destination.

. . .

The Inn that they had eventually reached was pretty plain. Unlike most Inns she had been in, and not unlike everything else in Oasis, it was one story, although it did have a basement. Without even looking behind her, Mac had chosen a table for them to sit in. Not long after sitting down, she was startled by the sudden impact of a hand. The intruder was the Sharpedo from earlier. "So little girl, weird seein' a liar like that die in front of your face huh? Told you he was nothin' special! But you just had to go and flap those..." A small blush appeared on the Sharpedo's cheeks, and it appeared that Scarlet wasn't the only person to notice - the Gabite in particular had a shocked expression on his face. "...lips of yours didn't ya! Poor schmuck...got himself cut down in the blink of an eye...nothin' you could do to stop it...sucks bein' a hero-type doesn't it?" Before Scarlet could tell the Sharpedo off for her rudeness, the poor table received another blow. This time from the Gabite. "It doesn't matter if he was lying or not! Today, someone lost their life, and a family lost their father, husband, or whatever he was! Don't make light of his death like that!!" he roared. Without missing a beat, the Litleo had also stepped up. "Right!" While not as threatening as the Gabite at all - in fact, it was more cute than anything - the Litleo also roared out at the Sharpedo "That guy...he was trying his best, and to just dismiss that...well you're a slobbering mangy stupid poacher, that's what you are!" Scarlet leaned on the table and sighed. Great, more fighting. "Why don't you buzz off before this situation get any more out of hand..." She rolled her eyes.

Juyu

Lok waved at the Empoleon as she left "Later...uh..." Only then did he realize that he didn't actually know her name, nor did she know his. He shrugged though - it was likely that they would meet again, all things considered. This event led to Lok deciding to look around the area, maybe meeting up with the others from yesterday. Without a second thought, Lok headed out to do just that.

. . . 

His travels had lead him to exactly what he was planning on doing - off in the distance he could see what looked like the Mismagius and the Altaria from yesterday. "Hey~!" He shouted at them, walking towards the crowd. He turned to take a look at all three of them, his face with a small grin. His grin seemed to fade a bit as his eyes turned towards the cloaked figure. For some reason the cloaked figure made him...uneasy. Whatever it was about her reminded him of something back in his hometown, although he couldn't quite put his finger on it at the moment. "S-So, are you guys enjoying the festival so far?" He said, chuckling slightly trying to stop thinking about the strange figure.

Whisper only nodded, taking a moment to more thoroughly secure that mask to her face to ensure it didn't fall off by accident as she followed the Altaria while they "just walked around the place." She kept her eyes peeled about the place, looking this way and that as she searched for her target. For a moment she thought she had something when she noticed a Camerupt speaking to the old man in charge of contest signups. Of course she couldn't be certain, not just yet anyways. All her sense was telling her was that the one she was looking for would be somewhere in this place.

The realization that her companion had stopped and begun speaking to someone brought her back to the here and now, and she turned her attention towards the one in question just in time to notice the Mismagius apparently having a heart attack. She tensed for a moment, wondering if her cover had been blown, only to hear perhaps the worst pun she had ever been assaulted with.

"Ehe, well what a specteracular introduction hey?" She had to restrain herself from assaulting the ghost! Sweet Lord of Darkness that was terrible! Thankfully her robes and mask did a fine job of hiding her reactions, so there was little need to worry that any suspected her feelings on the subject. Of course as the girl introduced herself, apparently her name was Gwendoline, it occurred to her that the Altaria had asked where she was from. There wasn't much sense in hiding that bit of information, but as for what was asked next...

"Hey, let's hear your name too, miss!" That could be troublesome. Not that the order kept a list of the names of their members, but there was the possibility that some of the senior assassins had been captured and given the names of those who escaped. Letting her real name get out wouldn't exactly be the best thing to do, especially given she was taking care to disguise herself. So, she came up with one little lie.

"My name is Shizu." She said in a calm voice, turning her head so that the mask faced the Altaria and the Mismagius each in turn. "Alleria, Gwendoline." A nod was given as she resolved to remember each of their names. "I am from Adarid originally, since you asked and I had forgotten to answer." She looked away from her company, and noticed that the Camerupt had left the old man alone. "If you would excuse me..." she let her sentence trail off, bowing her head to her company and approaching the man, bass guitar slung over her shoulder. He seemed to notice her, and unlike many others he did not react with fear. Instead he simply looked upon her thoughtfully, perhaps appraisingly, as she stepped up. She mentioned an interest in signing up, and he only gestured to the roster. A few quick swipes of the pen, and "Shizu" had been signed up to participate in the contest. She turned to walk away, only to feel a slight tug on her sleeve. Looking back, she noticed it was the old man.

"I hope you know what you're doing, child." She was surprised, and wondered if he suspected, perhaps even knew, of the significance of those robes beyond a mere costume. He had examined them closely enough to likely guess they were not some cheaply made mimicry of the real thing, after all. Still, his hold was released and Whisper allowed to return to the small group she had joined with.

Juyu

"Plans?"

Wesley turned to her partner and flashed him a sly grin. "I told you last night, munch-mouth... we're gonna enter the competition and claim that loot prize!" Her eyes began to sparkle at the mere mention of the poke prize offered as to the first place contestant, and though the young Weavile had only just started training herself in the art of song the night before, she was more then confident that the two would be able to win after she worked some of her magic on the other contestants ...

"Speaking of which, we should probably get ourselves signed up... and get a good look at the names of the other singers." She cooed before grabbing Sid by the wrist and dragging him towards the sign up stand where an old man seemed to be explaining the rules of the competition to a possible entrant. Though the pair's advance was suddenly cut short by the Sylveon from yesterday.  "Hello," The man addressed the two cheekily. "Fancy meeting you here."

Wesley looked the oddly dressed gentlemen up and down, before arching an eyebrow. Though she wasn't aware of it herself, the girl's training in the art of deception had caused her to instantly register the Sylveon as a male despite his appearance. Consequently, she was very confused by his choice of garments, with her upbringing in the mountains offering her no reference of crossdressing outside of it's utility in the art of disguise. "Oh it's you..." She spoke with a hint of confusion. She opened her mouth the continue, but soon jumped in realization that she had almost forgotten about signing up for the contest. Turning back and glancing towards Sid, who probably had thought that her short attention span would have saved him from having to compete, the girl sneered playfully at her partner before summoning one of her trademark clones to her side. 

"Go sign me and Obsidian up will ya?" the girl addressed her clone whilst gesturing towards the Old man. "Yea yea..." The clone sighed in response before reluctantly approaching the signup booth and beginning the process of registering the pair of mercenaries. Watching as her unpaid labor force went to go complete it's task, Wesley turned back to the Sylveon. "So did you want to h-" She began but silenced herself once again, this time shifting her attention to the alleyway to the trio's right. "You can come out, rascal... I can smell your fear." Wesley called out into the shadows of the seemingly empty alley where she knew a certain little miscreant was hiding. Though she could't actually smell the girl's fear, Wes had detected her presence following her and Sid all through out the morning, and figured now was as good a time as ever to call her out on it, seeing as she'd seemingly grown some balls and dared to draw so close to the pair. 

Receiving no initial response, Wes sighed before finally returning her gaze to the Sylveon. "Sorry about that..."  She offered the man an apologetic shrug. "So what's the deal, man? Did you have a contract for us or something?"  

MwhMjJD.png

Poke: 700

Inventory: Dusk Stone, Nugget, Moo Moo Milk x2

The day of the festival had arrived.  This was bound to be a treasure trove for thieves and pickpockets such as Fawkes, but she was well aware there was competition.  And the competition she knew best so far was easily the strongest.  This of course was why she made a point of keeping an eye on the pair of Weavile and Sableye that was still in town.  Also making sure to pick up what she could along the way of course.  So far she'd snagged enough Poke to buy herself a nice big healthy breakfast, which made up for the Poke she'd spent earlier that morning to buy herself a nice big healthy breakfast.

At present, she was in an alleyway, stalking her competition as planned.  What were they doing here?  Signing up for the singing contest?

"You can come out, rascal... I can smell your fear."

She could smell fear, too!?  This lady was something else alright.  Fawkes peeked out from the alleyway she'd been hiding in - the real girl this time - and stepped up to stay within eyesight of this clever Weavile, her Sableye partner, and this stranger of a Sylveon.  She didn't speak...not yet at least.  A thief was smart enough to know not to talk about thievery in the presence of anyone that wasn't also a thief.  And she didn't know a thing about this fairy-type, so there was no way to know if...he?  She?  There was no way to know if they were also a thief, especially if Fawkes couldn't even guess the person's gender.  But today, she wanted to make her intentions with this more skilled thief perfectly clear.

For now, Fawkes created a clone with her Double Team and gave it very simple orders.

"You're in charge of getting things.  Go get 'em!"

"Yes, ma'am!"  With the newfound confidence boost, Fawkes sent her fake out into the streets of Juyu to grab anything she could, while the real girl stayed behind to watch the Weavile up close.

AfoYVVt.png

Poke: 350

Inventory: Poke Puff Bag, Berry Case (contains one Haban Berry and one Sitrus Berry), Dragon Gem x1, Breast Pad x2 (C-cup, equipped)

It was earlier today, not long after that mess with the poser and the barbarians had settled.  Kah was just about to leave town, but suddenly some runt came with a letter for her.  It said that food and drinks - and a room for a night if she so desired - were on the house at the inn near Camelpalooza.  Just as well.  She could have used a quick meal...

d2akEes.png

And by Kah's standards, a "quick meal" was easily enough to feed three.  So far, at least.  A serving fitting for a fourth person was coming soon, and there would no doubt be fifth and sixth servings to come afterwards.  She took a seat near the pair of runts from earlier, and luckily wound up near the Gabite too.  That guy was a worthy travel partner perhaps, if only by virtue of being a fellow dragon.  It seemed the lot of them were getting worked up over a blue girl mocking that faker from earlier, who was responsible for all this madness to begin with.

"It doesn't matter if he was lying or not! Today, someone lost their life, and a family lost their father, husband, or whatever he was! Don't make light of his death like that!!"

"Right!  That guy...he was trying his best, and to just dismiss that...well you're a slobbering mangy stupid poacher, that's what you are!"

"He got what he deserved," Kah bluntly interjected as the next round of food was set down before her.  "Claiming to have that kind of power means you'd better be ready to live up to your big talk.  The strong are strong, and if the weak pretend to be one of them, they'll get knocked down.  That's the natural order of things."  If any of these guys wanted to fight Kah over that, she'd welcome another fight.  It may have even been more promising than the chaos from earlier, though she doubted it sincerely.  That Gabite wasn't near her level at all, and the runts were almost certainly weaker still.

Perhaps to punctuate her sentence, or perhaps because she just wanted to eat already, the Hydreigon took a large bite from the meat in front of her, tearing through with sharp dragon fangs to get the next serving of food started.

Oasis

Maybe she should've held back...after all, she seemed to have upset some of the other members that sat at the table with the heliogirl.  She must have been so fixated on her, that she had developed a sense of tunnel vision.  

"It doesn't matter if he was lying or not! Today, someone lost their life, and a family lost their father, husband, or whatever he was! Don't make light of his death like that!!"  This gijinka seemed to be a gabite.  He also seemed to be quite flustered while yelling at her.

"That guy...he was trying his best, and to just dismiss that...well you're a slobbering mangy stupid poacher, that's what you are!"  The Litleo gijinka almost seemed to growl at him.  Being called a poacher was rather odd as well...she didn't even like her eggs poached!  

"Why don't you buzz off before this situation get any more out of hand..."  Taiga looked over to see chromedome yet again.  She placed a hand on her hip as she took her hand off the table.  She walked over to the scizor with an attitude that'd make a glameow jealous.  Getting up close to the gijinka's face, Taiga's face lit up with a devlish toothy grin.

"Ehhhh?  What are you, their mom or something?  Buncha kids out here on a field trip in no man's land?  What a hilarious thought!!!"  With her nose raised to the ceiling, she let loose a mighty Taiga trademarked laugh!  "FUFUFUFUFUUUU!"  She stood up straight and folded her arms.  After nodding her head a couple of times, she spoke up again.  "Well you all passed my glorious test!  You munchkins have heart!"  She licked her lips at the mentioning of one of her favorite meals.  "You're also mighty brave, standing up to a big bad lady like myself!"  With the last spot at the table still open, Taiga sat down.  "The names Taiga, chumps!  Gijinka treasure hunter extraordinaire, part time chaser!" 

It was at this time that a Hydreigon sitting close by gave her take on the whole situation.  "He got what he deserved.  Claiming to have that kind of power means you'd better be ready to live up to your big talk.  The strong are strong, and if the weak pretend to be one of them, they'll get knocked down.  That's the natural order of things."  While Taiga did agree with her for the most part, another side of her couldn't help but feel bad for the fairy.  Sneak attacks like that are the worst...YOU GOTTA GO ALL OUT!  HEAD TO HEAD!

Taiga gave the dragon a stink eye...something about her was rubbing her the wrong way.  Sure the two might've been fellow dark types, but dragons were all so condescending.  Taiga looked to the gabite at the table...he seemed to be quite the contrary fellow.

d2akEes.png

Juyu

"I told you last night, munch-mouth... we're gonna enter the competition and claim that loot prize!"

Sid froze in his tracks, and started to tick uncontrollably for a few seconds.  After regaining his composure, he sighed.  "Must've forgot..."  In actuality, he was dreading that Wes had remembered...he thought it was merely a tired assassin talking...but she really wanted to go through with it!  After they had made their way towards the sign-up station, Sid being dragged all the way, they were stopped in their tracks by a sight that made him shiver....a fairy.  Apparently, the fairy knew Wes...or perhaps another version of her.  Sid wiped his head clear of all the sweat that had accumulated above his brow.  He thought he'd never be so happy to see a fairy pop up in front of the duo.  

However...as soon as he saw the snide expression on Wes' face, he knew she hadn't forgotten.  In a poof of smoke, Wes sent a copy to go sign the two up.  It almost made Sid collapse.  He barely payed any mind to the Zorua in the background, she seemed more interested in Wes anyways.  

"So what's the deal, man? Did you have a contract for us or something?"    A contract?!  from a fairy!?  Anything to get him out of this situation would be perfect.

"Save....me...." the pile of Sableye managed to get out a raspy groan...a final plea for rescue.  

Oasis

"Why don't you buzz off before this situation get any more out of hand..." 

Ari blinked. Oh, it was that red woman from before! She seemed to cause some sort of reaction from the blue woman, though, since she got up and started walking weirdly before saying something about field trips and letting out an even weirder laugh.

"She's weird..." he whispered to Kazo.

Right after, though, she seemed to calm down. "Well you all passed my glorious test!  You munchkins have heart! You're also mighty brave, standing up to a big bad lady like myself!" She sat down afterward.  "The names Taiga, chumps!  Gijinka treasure hunter extraordinaire, part time chaser!"

"Oooh, you're a chaser?" Ari's eyes shone, and he forgot his earlier indignation. "That's so cool!"

"He got what he deserved. Claiming to have that kind of power means you'd better be ready to live up to your big talk.  The strong are strong, and if the weak pretend to be one of them, they'll get knocked down.  That's the natural order of things."

The lion paused. Something about this woman's words sounded right, but...but that man had only been trying to impress his family! So who was right? What was right? Maybe he got what he deserved for lying, but...that lying had been for a reason Ari could understand. What did that mean then?

This was too confusing.

tRCh4Z6.png

Juyu

"Oh it's you..." Well, that was something, at least. Proof he hadn't been completely forgettable, anyway. Not that it mattered too much. He had a way of making himself memorable. The girl looked him up and down before quirking a brow. Easter grinned. Another one who could look underneath the underneath.

She made a clone immediately afterward, ordering it to sign up for the contest. So they're participating? Interesting... "So did you want to h--You can come out, rascal... I can smell your fear." Easter paused. Nice senses there. He himself hadn't noticed the presence of a dark type till she pointed it out. Really must be getting soft, he thought.

A small Zorua gijinka appeared. Perhaps that's why... he thought. She's a bit too small to target. Despite himself, he felt his heart soften, blocking the natural curiosity he felt at seeing a dark type. She immediately sent clones to "get things." It was patently obvious what she was doing, especially seeing as she seemed to know this Weavile, who had stolen from him earlier. Somehow he had gotten himself in the middle of a few thieves. Not that I'm much better... he snickered, remembering the cons he had pulled today.

"Sorry about that..." the girl's voice pulled him away from his inspection of the Zorua kit. "So what's the deal, man? Did you have a contract for us or something?" 

"No, I was merely saying hello," he smiled, about to leave, before hearing the rasp of "Save...me..." from the Sableye. Interesting. It looked like only one of the duo supported the idea of entering the contest. Well, not like he didn't have a little time to waste. "You don't look like the types to enter this kind of thing," he commented, a double joke, as dark types did tend to prefer...well...darkness. Staying in the shadows. No, this kind of pomp and flaunt was more a dragon's style. Which, speaking of...he wondered if that Altaria girl was entering. Hadn't she mentioned something about an audience? Oh, this contest could be a great way to keep tabs on the interesting gijinka he had met earlier.

Oasis

With a surprising amount of style and sass, the Sharpedo walked up to Scarlet. "Ehhhh?  What are you, their mom or something?  Buncha kids out here on a field trip in no man's land?  What a hilarious thought!!!" Before she could reply, the strange gijinka let out a mighty laugh. She stood up, folding her arms. "Well you all passed my glorious test!  You munchkins have heart!" She started walking towards the empty chair in the group. "With a test like that, I wouldn't hire you to teach anything..." Scarlet responded dryly, but she couldn't help but smile a bit. She was just glad no fight broke out, and the Sharpedo's attitude was amusing. "The names Taiga, chumps!  Gijinka treasure hunter extraordinaire, part time chaser!"

"My name is Scarlet" She extended her pincer as a form of a handshake. "You said you were a chaser? What a coincidence, I happen to be a chaser as well." She figured that the sharpedo - along with some of the other gijinka that gotten into the brawl - were chasers. After all, there were bound to be a large group of chasers to come today. Before their conversation could go any further, however, another Dark-type had joined their table. This one was a Hydreigon. "He got what he deserved. Claiming to have that kind of power means you'd better be ready to live up to your big talk.  The strong are strong, and if the weak pretend to be one of them, they'll get knocked down.  That's the natural order of things." Scarlet scoffed at the Hydreigon. "You say that like the Scyther was strong to begin with when he was nothing more than a coward." Edgelord had left a terrible taste in Scarlets mouth. It sickened her to think that the Scyther and her were in the same boat - not genetically speaking, although that doesn't help at all - but they are both after the same goal. The worst part is that Edgelord wasn't the only one of his kind - there are probably chasers out there doing the same thing. Without noticing, her face had formed into a scowl.

Oasis

Mac’s first thought to the Sharpedo coming up and being a total jerk was to glower at her, she tried to respond. “Really? You...”
First it was the Gabite, interjecting and standing up to the stupid-face that had said such a mean thing. Mac nodded at this. “And another thing...!”
Even the Litleo was interrupting her, what was going on? Mac had to step up her game!
Mac jumped onto her chair. “That’s it, you know what I think!?”
THE SCIZOR TOO? When did she even GET there? Mac pouted as one after another people lashed out verbally towards the Sharpedo, ruining the moment entirely.

"The names Taiga, chumps!  Gijinka treasure hunter extraordinaire, part time chaser!"

That was IT. Why’d she try talk anyway if she would be ignored? Mac was a girl of action, not words! She then pulled her fist back and punched the Gijinka right in the nose! “Who’s the chump now, chump!...What’s a chump?”

Juyu

Gwen was saved from the embarrassment of her reaction to the stranger by Alleria interjecting with a question. And a nickname, evidently. “Oh, goodness, Gwenny? I’ve never had a nickname like that before...Yes I am here for the festival. Rather, it’s a bonus. I’m actually on a bit of an adventure. I’m a Chaser, believe it or not.”
She turned to the strange woman after Alleria asked her question. She couldn’t deny that she was quite curious about this one. Her earlier reaction was still on Gwen’s mind and she had to learn something of what caused it.
The name didn’t ring any bells, so Gwen couldn’t find any clues that way, unfortunately....And from Adarid. Well there goes that. She never set foot in Adarid, she’d have no way of knowing anyone from there. Maybe it was the clothing, they did seem somewhat familiar...

"S-So, are you guys enjoying the festival so far?"

“Oh hello there young Rotom; I’m very glad to see you’re alright. Yes it’s quite the exciting event, it’s Absol-utely fantastic, teehee.” Gwen let out a bit of a titter at the end of her joke. She blinked a few times. Why Absol? Of all the possibilities why’d that spring to mind? Hmm, must not be too important...
“Hey I wonder if perhaps we should find a place for when the singing competition is held? That is, if you all plan on watching it, that is.” She was far too used to directing young Gijinka that she nearly took command right there. “Oh, another thing, if any of you see an Empoleon around could you tell me? She’s a, well I suppose a friend, and I’d quite like to meet up with her again.”

The stage was set, the last moments of the sign ups were concluding. Some of the singers, including the lead singer of NidoQueen, had already taken their position in the waiting area. Heather patrolled nearby, making sure no one rushed the singers. Last time was NOT something she wanted to repeat. Especially as it was shaping up to be the largest competition yet.
Meanwhile the old man looked upon the festival-goers with a contemplative expression. “I wonder if she’ll show up this time. Perhaps it would be best if she didn’t, there are some dangerous Gijinka here this year. Though I would like to hear her song one more time...”

It was drawing closer to the starting time, and the audience that was growing radiated a practically palatable excitement.

Juyu

“Oh hello there young Rotom; I’m very glad to see you’re alright. Yes it’s quite the exciting event, it’s Absol-utely fantastic, teehee.” Lok couldn't help but giggle a bit. If there was anything he liked more than pranks. it would of been jokes. Puns are pretty close to jokes, right? Definitely. “Hey I wonder if perhaps we should find a place for when the singing competition is held? That is, if you all plan on watching it, that is.” Lok floated around a bit. It would probably be a good idea, especially since he had found a crowd to go with. "I like that idea! We should go!" He could barely contain his excitement! He had planned to see the festival for a while now, and he couldn't wait to see it. “Oh, another thing, if any of you see an Empoleon around could you tell me? She’s a, well I suppose a friend, and I’d quite like to meet up with her again.”  "The one from yesterday? I actually just talked to her recently~!" He pointed to where he had talked to the Empoleon earlier. "She was talking to the Zangeese from earlier." He smiled "I think I saw her head towards there." He moved his finger to point at the audience arena of the singing competition.

Oasis

"Oooh, you're a chaser  That's so cool!"  The litleo shown admiration in his eyes.  Taiga took a proud stance with her hands on her hips.

"Well naturally of course!  I'm the coolest shark to swim the seven seas after all...still got a couple more seas to go!"  Then the scizor spoke up.

"You said you were a chaser? What a coincidence, I happen to be a chaser as well."  Taiga eye'd the scizor up and down, curves and all.  She rubbed her chin and nodded her head.

"Naturally of course, you seem to be in peak physical condition!  Almost better than mine if I do say so myself.  Too bad you're a little on the slow side huh?  That chrome dome of yours must really weigh you down!  FUFUFUFUUUU!"  Taiga snickered.  "Maybe after we ditch this town, you and I can go lookin' for some more trouble huh?"  She was too busy laughing and admiring the scizor's physique, and had let her guard down.  A punch landed square on her nose, and the shock sent her reeling back across the inn.  She covered it, and tears starting welling up in the gijinka's eyes.  Who could've been the culprit!

“Who’s the chump now, chump!...What’s a chump?”

*Sniff* "W-what the hell you jerk!"  She rubbed her nose gently, it was her weakest spot after all.  The pain was incredible, and if that punch contained even the slightest amount of electricity, Taiga would've been out cold for sure.  She bit the end of the table to counter the pain, but all she managed to do was rip that part of the table off.  The groaning from the workers could be heard on every level.  She spat out the piece of table and continued to sob.

After a hot minute, Taiga came back to her senses.  She looked at the helioptile and glared.  "Ey....what's your name twerp.  Don't think you're so big and bad just cause you got a sucker punch off on me!  I ain't gonna let that slide, so you either make it up to me somehow, or you're gonna end up like this table!"  Of course there was no malice behind her voice.  In fact, she wore a smile the whole time she talked. 

Kazo was in absolute shock. He had no idea what was the hell was going on anymore. First of all, he suddenly grew a pair and stood up to the cu--nope, nope, abandoning that train of thought-- Sharpedo. That was surprising in and of itself, but of course, his courage left right away. Then, to his surprise, Ari decided to back him up, letting out on of the most adorable growls he had heard in awhile.

And then on top of that, sweet Arcues, when did ANOTHER female get here?! A Scizor he had never noticed was right there, and why was she there?! She didn't even interact with the group as far as he knew! Well, she backed him up to, which he supposed helped a little. He was at least able to sit down, but then the Sharpedo walked over to the Scizor and then asked if she was the mom of this 'field trip'. Oh HELL no! First of all, he was old enough to take care of himself, SECONDLY, that Sharpedo had a fine as---MEW CHRIST, BRAIN! STOP IT!! Anyways, the Sharpedo seemed to be... Strangely satisfied with their answers as she laughed and sat in the last available seat, the one RIGHT NEXT TO HIM!!! What did he do to deserve this?!

He was too absorbed with his misfortune that it took him nearly a few seconds before he heard the Sharpedo's name was Taiga and that apparently not only was the Sharpedo a chaser, but a treasure hunter to. That was actually pretty interesting. But then... He heard a line that absolutely made his blood boil.

"He got what he deserved. Claiming to have that kind of power means you better be ready to live up to your big talk. The strong are strong, and if the weak pretend to be one of them, they'll get knocked down. That's the natural order of things," That Hydreigon (and why was she here close to him, anyways?!) just uttered a line he had heard over and over as a child, one repeated to him by his parents when he was attacked by the bullies of his town. That line was a reminder why he went on this journey, but it brought with it some painful memories, and quite frankly, he thought that line was nothing but crap. He couldn't risk losing his temper a third time though, especially since they both knew he was not on her level, not by a long shot. It still bothered him immensely, and it was easy to see.

... Wait a minute... Did Mac just... PUNCH TAIGA IN THE NOSE?! First of all, he knew how that felt. Ouch. Secondly... WHY?!? Hold on a tic... Was Taiga... Crying? Well, not so much crying as she was sobbing. And... Oh... She... Bit off part of the table. She was still crying to... It almost wanted to make Kazo risk losing his life to comfort the shark. Luckily, Taiga instead threatened Mac... With a smile on her face. Nope, brain could not take all this, Kazo was feeling himself about to have a breakdown. He'd be damned if that happened!

"Nope, nope, nope," he said as he stood out. "I can't, I just can't, I'm out," He would have said the uncensored version of what he was thinking... But there were kids here. He grabbed the tip of an invisible hat as he began to moonwalk towards the counter where the food was being served. He grabbed himself a plate and moonwalked to the stairs, singing to himself softly as he climbed up them, still backwards.

Thankfully, outside was MUCH more peaceful to him. He found a shady spot to sit down and eat his food. Dear Arceus, this was so much better! ... Dear Arcues, he just made a scene, didn't he?" He groaned before digging a small hole into the ground that he promptly stuck his head in and scream.

Himiko - Juyu

"WAAAHHHH!!" Himiko shouted as she fell from bed. "What time is it?!" She looked panically at the clock near her bed. "I'm gonna be late for the festival!" She got dressed fast, today she decided to wear her best dress. Identical to her normal one in structure, but all white with designs of koi fishes. She didn't even bother eating as she floated out of the house at full speed. The usual street that connected was full of people preparing for the festival. "SORRY! GIJINKA COMING THROUGH!" She shouted as she floated at high speed through the streets, probably making a few people fall down. If one didn't pay much attention, they would confuse her with a Weavile or similar pokèmon. 

She arrived at the festival grounds... and it still wasn't ready. She then looked at the town clock, it was much earlier earlier than the festival's start. "I really should improve my clock reading skills...." She looked around, remembering that she forgot to wake up Alleria. "Oh, she's there." Himiko said as she headed towards the, now friend, Altaria Gijinka.

"Morning Alli! Who are these two gijinkas you're chatting with?" She said.

Archived