Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

Brooke laughed at Dora’s antics, herding the two children into the kitchen after a brief exchange with Fi on why Sebastian and Kah were nowhere to be found. Something about that seemed… off, but she couldn’t place what it was, so she let the moment pass.

She spent most of the breakfast overseeing Dora and Fawkes order choices. She let them got a little wild, but she did step in when on them tried to order “fishiscles” for breakfast. She had to put her foot down at some point.

After placing their orders, Denku waited for the servants to leave before he spoke up. "So, a couple of things," He said. "First, apparently Kah has some info on my brother's location, so I'll have to try to pry it out of her later," He rolled his shoulder, grunting a bit. "Secondly, do you remember the 'Child' Lugia told us about and asked us to protect? I think I found her," He paused for a second before continuing. "We're supposed to get some straight answers today at noon, at the Psychic Guild. I'm going to head out there, and I was told to 'bring my allies', which would be all of you. Hopefully, it won't take more than an afternoon."

Easter blinked. "All right, but unless this is really urgent, I'm going to find food first." Hopefully this won't end up with us looking like teachers on a school outing.

Brooke crossed her arms, leaning back in her chair. “What makes you trust whoever set this up? This is a big city, Denku. You could be in way over your head, and you'd be dragging us with you in that case. If you haven't noticed, we've already got a few kids to protect.”

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Team Showdown, Day 28, Icecrown

Diancie hadn't expected Taiga to make such a tactical move, and her miss shook the Legend. Literally, Taiga would be able to see the girl tremble, though with a smile on her lips.

She noticed Scarlet's attack approach, the woman having spent some time to power herself up, and was in prime position to dodge and counter attack, a hit that would surely put the Scizor out of the fight.

But Tianzie proved far more durable than Diancie could ever have imagined. As the Legend moved to the side she felt the pull of a Psychic attack and it caused her to hitch in her movements. Moments after she was buffeted by the side by a Blizzard attack, Isole having finally gotten back to her feet, though it seemed that the Rotom didn't have much more in her.

Not that it would matter as Scarlet had more than enough time to reach Diancie and attack. The Legend threw her arms up to block the blow and there was a cracking noise as her arms sustained damage from the hit.

Pushing off, Diancie managed to knock Scarlet back a few steps.

She was still standing, and seemed able to continue to fight, but then she took a deep breath. "You win." She said simply. "I never intended to fight to the death, after all, and you all put in such a good show, how can I say anything else but you've bested me?"

She slumped down, sitting on her legs, and sighed with relief. "Now that you've defeated me, you are welcome to more of my treasure. Though, for adventurers such as yourself, this much certainly isn't enough right?" She had an almost mischievous look on her face. "It's worth a lot, of course, however it's still only part of my wealth. The inside of this peak is filled with much more crystals than the surface, crystals that I have created naturally over the years, more wealth than you could dream of. But only I can access it...Unless..."

BGM

She glanced at each of them and her expression changed once more. She looked solemn, and hopeful, instead. "The world is in grave danger. A war is coming and, despite what Lord Rayquaza might think, we are in need of allies to win it. Many of us are spread thin across the land, isolating ourselves out of arrogance, fear, or surrender. He forgets how we began. He forgets that in the past we partnered with regular Gijinka to defeat a danger. But I have not forgotten." A wistful expression comes across her face, as if she was remembering something lost. "I ask of you, aid us in our fight against these Godslayers. And, if you do, once this is all over...You may have as much of my treasure as you desire. All that I need...is for you to become the heroes I know you can be."

Team Neo Not Dark, Day 29, Mioter

Dora didn't understand what was going on but apparently Denku wanted to go somewhere and Brooke didn't but wasn't that what they were supposed to do? Go places, see things, make friends? That's why they were here...wasn't it? Or maybe it was something else...

Either way, Dora decided Easter had the right idea. Without warning, the small girl crawled up, with some difficulty, into Easter's lap excitedly. "Foood!" She looked up at Easter, staring with wide eyes. "I can have some, right?"

------

After they ate and figured out where they were going, Dora wanting to follow Denku to meet more friends, though she wouldn't refuse to go with Brooke instead. Those that did go where Denku asked would find a crowd already gathering, and many hushed whispers about, at the figure who was standing in front of the Guild.

Standing in the middle of the crowd was a tall, noble looking, white-haired Gijinka. He was standing in the open, surrounded by a crowd, none of whom seemed to dare to get more than within a dozen feet. "I say it once more, listen, and give me the answers I seek. I am Reshiram, Dragon of Truth, and I have come here to find out what has happened in my long absence. Legends have been killed, and, if I am free, it means that the Staff of Kyurem has been destroyed. Any who can tell me what has transpired will earn my gratitude."

Team Alola, Day 14, Jungle of Mowloo

The snake continued to squeeze around Randy, even as Marie's small hands tried, to no success, to pry the creature off of her companion. It only seemed to continue its effort and soon Randy would find it hard to breath as the snake constricted tighter around him.

"Can you help a braddah out here? There's this giant snake attacking my friend!"

The Pyroar blinked awake and looked in Keanu's general direction. "Eh? Snake, friend? Yea, the snakes are friends yeah...Everything's my friend, friend." He sat up and stretched, yawning. It was then that he noticed Randy. "Huh, that don't look right. Something should be done about that, don't ya think?" He was sitting cross-legged, hands on his knees, and seemed to not intend to do anything himself, still with his eyes practically closed.

Though the snake seemed to react to the sound of the man's voice, and, for a moment, loosened its hold. Though it went right back to squeezing a few seconds later.

Team Mac, Day 26, Weynon

Mac frowned at Kazo. "You saw her again and let her go away? Why didn't you beat her up right there and take the bag back?" She gasped and pointed at him accusatory. "You LIKE her don't you!" She glanced at Ari. "Ari, you wouldn't do that, right? You'd get it back." She shook her head at Kazo. "You shouldn't let your love life interfere with helping your leader you know. And now I've got to fix your mess up." Though her tone almost seemed excited about this. "We COULD break in, easy peasy, Ari's right, maybe we should check this place out before that, though."

"But first, let's check the store out anyway, who knows, might've restocked."

---

"What do you mean sold out AGAIN?" Mac said in disbelief, despite what Kazo had said, as the clerk told her of this.

"Sorry Miss, lady Grace cleaned us out, seems she needs more and more every day..."

"Who's this Grace girl and where can I find her?" Mac demanded.
"Why, she's at the Princess's Palace, of course." The store clerk said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"Kazo. Ari. We're going to the Princess's Palace. Right. Now."

The place was not difficult to find, as it was the largest landmark in the area. The giant tree seemed to be, just that, a tree, except for a single door that was placed on the ground level into the front of the tree. As Mac approached it and knocked there was no answer at first. However as she kept it up, growing more loud as she went, the door finally swung open, revealing the Leavanny from before. "You are disturbing milady, speak your business and begone with you at once."

Team Karaoke, Day 27, Road to Northshore

"W-what exactly happened while I was away? You know, about the lamp 'n stuff... Why is he so interested in it now?"

He turned back to Fiona to catch her glaring a bit at Rei, but, feeling his gaze on her, she looked at him with a somewhat frightened expression. "I don't know, I think they want to take it or something, that Rei girl looks like she's going to hurt Nine..."

"I'm sure it'll be fine." Gwen said to the pair, then, as Nine responded to Rei, floated next to him. "See? Nothing was meant by it, none of us want to fight after all."

"Pfft, fighting is what I do...well, racing is, but fighting is second." Rei held Noshi closer, who closed his eyes and seemed to steady his breathing. "But...I guess we, Noshi, did a lot today already. I guess I can let it go this time...But you're not off the hook!" She pointed at Nine, then turned to point at Lok. "And you, too, I've got my eye on you Sneaky, don't think you can fool me twice."

"I hope we can all get some rest, it's been an...eventful few days that's for certain."

"C'mon, Lok, why don't you...rest near  me, tonight. I, uh, feel nervous and...stuff." Fiona wasn't all too convincing, as she was still looking at Rei with one hand clenched into a fist.

As everyone settled in, Rei and Noshi setting up camp within sight of the group, Gwen let out a groan as she sat on her pillow, near the fire. "Nine, did I make a mistake? This...thing, I didn't think it'd cause so much trouble." She looked uncomfortable, and embarrassed, to be asking him this. She wasn't used to second guessing herself, she was always the one to make decisions before. So why now was it so difficult?

"You saw her again and let her go away? Why didn't you beat her up right there and take the bag back?"

"Well, that was because---," She gasped and pointed at him accusatory.

"You LIKE her don't you!"

"WHAT?! NO, THAT IS NOT---," Kazo was ignored however, as she glanced at Ari.

"Ari, you wouldn't do that, right? You'd get it back." She shook her head at Kazo. "You shouldn't let your love life interfere with helping your leader you know. And now I've got to fix your mess up." Though her tone almost seemed excited about this. "We COULD break in, easy peasy, Ari's right, maybe we should check this place out before that, though. But first, let's check the store out anyway, who knows, might've restocked."

Kazo felt like screaming. Breaking into a palace. What? Why?! That was the last thing they should be doing... ARGH! Still, he followed, like a whipped dog following its master...

---

"What do you mean sold out AGAIN?" Mac said in disbelief, despite what Kazo had said, as the clerk told her of this.

"Sorry Miss, lady Grace cleaned us out, seems she needs more and more every day..."

"Who's this Grace girl and where can I find her?" Mac demanded.

"Why, she's at the Princess's Palace, of course." The store clerk said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"Kazo. Ari. We're going to the Princess's Palace. Right. Now." With an exasperated groan, Kazo followed Mac out the door.

"I liked you better when you were poisoned...," He muttered. The place was not difficult to find, as it was the largest landmark in the area. The giant tree seemed to be, just that, a tree, except for a single door that was placed on the ground level into the front of the tree.

As Mac approached it and knocked there was no answer at first. However as she kept it up, growing more loud as she went, the door finally swung open, revealing the Leavanny from before. "You are disturbing milady, speak your business and begone with you at once."

"She wants to talk to 'Grace'," Kazo said, pointing at Mac. "Among other things,"

"Yes, I'm Grace, and who are you?"

"Someone completely in over his head," Kazo muttered. He then looked to Mac. "Alright, fearless leader, we're here, you do that thing you wanted to do,"

Mac stepped forward, within inches of Grace, who is looking down at her, and pokes her in the chest. "You. Don't. Own. The medicine store. Shame on you." Grace looked up at Kazo.

"Why is your little sister poking me?"

"She's not my sister, and trying to understand Mac is a mystery I will never unravel. But, she wanted to buy supplies from the medicine shop. It was sold out, and the clerk told us you bought it all. So here we are, with her poking you,"

"I need that medicine."

"Come on now, all of it?"

"Yes, all of it, now if you'll excuse me I'd like to get back to my home..."

"I mean, you look perfectly healthy, so either you're an addict, or someone else needs it. Either way, it's not entirely our business, but after this town treated me like crap for no reason beyond the fact I had a sick child with me, I'm not feeling my kindest and would like to know why you're buying up everything,"

"You're right, it's not any of your..."

"Grace?" A faint voice called from behind. "Grace what is it?" She turned and the group would be able to see a small Lilligant standing down the hall, poking her head around the corner. She looked quite ill, and, as they watched, she gave a few weak coughs.

Kazo nodded as he saw the Lilligant. "Yeah, yeah, that explains it all," He shook his head and sighed. "Are you done now Mac? Let's just skip town. We can get supplies somewhere else,"

"What? But we're ADVENTURERS, we need supplies for ADVENTURE, do you know how far away the next city is?"

"Grace, what are they talking about?" The girl inched closer, coughing.

"Astrid, stay there, it's nothing, they were just leaving."

Brooke crossed her arms, leaning back in her chair.“What makes you trust whoever set this up? This is a big city, Denku. You could be in way over your head, and you'd be dragging us with you in that case. If you noticed, we've already got a few kids to protect.”

"He knew about Kyurem. The old turtle man that most definitely not a Physic-Type read my mind and learned about Kyurem," He stated. "Something that there should be no way he should know about. So even if he's not trustworthy, there's something going on," He paused. "But, you are right. The last thing I'd want is to endanger Fawkes or Dora. I'll go alone then," He said, before sitting down to eat.

----

Some time passed, and Denku headed out, alone or with others, it didn't matter. He was just going. This was important to him, important enough that he wasn't looking for Kah and shaking her down for information. He had to get to the bottom of all of this. However, when he got to the guild, there was a crowd gathered around the front, and in fact, he couldn't see the old man or Mai there. Where they maybe inside? He would have to get past the tall white haired gijinka first. He started to push through the crowd, until the words the man said caught his attention.

"I say it once more, listen, and give me the answers I seek. I am Reshiram, Dragon of Truth, and I have come here to find out what has happened in my long absence. Legends have been killed, and, if I am free, it means that the Staff of Kyurem has been destroyed. Any who can tell me what has transpired will earn my gratitude." Denku's shoving intensified, until he made it to the front of the crowd.

"You mentioned something about Kyurem?" Denku called out as he got to the front of the crowd, slowly approaching the tall gijinka.

"Yes, The Empty Dragon, do you have any knowledge to share?" the gijinka asked. Denku thought to himself. He couldn't find the old man that directed him here... but both speaking of Kyurem, and being led here... it couldn't be coincidence.

"Yeah, I do," Denku stated. "From everything I can gather, a disciple of Regice used the staff that could control Kyurem to command him to destroy a city known as Coldharbour. She was killed, and the staff was broken by Kyurem's hands. He then began to try to freeze everything. My... acquaintances and I battled him, although I was knocked out in the fight. Another landed a blow that seemed to kill him,"

The man took this all in without batting an eye. He stood with his head held high, observing Denku. "You do not seem strong enough to defeat both a Disciple and Kyurem yourself, your allies must be numerous, or powerful." He stated this without condescension, only matter-of-factly.

"What I lack in strength, I make up with tenacity," Denku stated. "But you are correct. Our group had another legend helping us... one named... Deoxys, I believe? I had only met these allies during that battle, and the legend soon left afterwards,"

"Tenacity, something my brother often speaks of. I will never understand it. But the truth of the matter is that Kyurem is gone, that much is certain. I...know not of this Deoxys, it seems much has changed since I have been gone. Can you, or your allies, tell me anything more of these people I have heard are trying to kill us?"

Denku clicked his tongue. "I only had one encounter with a 'Godslayer', as they are called. They were... powerful, to say the least, but Xerneas was not fighting back, so I can't truly gauge his power...," he turned to look behind him, hoping the others came to the front with him, and had better answers than he did.

pl37ikL.jpg?1

oe3ZVDT.png

Team Showdown: Icecrown Peak

Taiga watched as she ascended on her roaring tide, seeing the Legendary fall with a strange sort of smile on her face.  Diancie was helpless to the combined efforts of all of the members of Team Showdown!  Even Tianzi proved to be more than worthless, holding Diancie still for the final attack by Scarlet.  The Waterfall dissipated, and Taiga landed on the ground with a toothy grin.  

"You win.  I never intended to fight to the death, after all, and you all put in such a good show, how can I say anything else but you've bested me?"

Taiga's grin grew even wider.

"Whoah!  Wait!?  REALLY?!  WE DID IT!"  Taiga jumped up and down, shooting her fists into the air with each spring.  "YAHOO!  That was mighty intense!  Well...until I got involved anyway!  Then we totally made a fool out of her!  FUFUFUFU!"  Taiga made her way over to Isole, and picked her up underneath her arms.  She than began to spin with the Rotom in a multitude of circles  "You did good kiddo!  I could feel that Blizzard from here!"  As the adrenaline started to wear off, she realized that she was making an idiot of herself,  parading around like she was enthralled.  She put Isole back down, and slugged her shoulder.  "I mean...you did alright." 

"Now that you've defeated me, you are welcome to more of my treasure. Though, for adventurers such as yourself, this much certainly isn't enough right?" At the sheer thought of more treasure, Taiga began to drool a bit. "It's worth a lot, of course, however it's still only part of my wealth. The inside of this peak is filled with much more crystals than the surface, crystals that I have created naturally over the years, more wealth than you could dream of. But only I can access it...Unless..."

Unless?  Taiga wasn't liking where this was going.  The Legendary Gijinka's face turned from that of a smile, to that of a solemn plea.  

"The world is in grave danger. A war is coming and, despite what Lord Rayquaza might think, we are in need of allies to win it. Many of us are spread thin across the land, isolating ourselves out of arrogance, fear, or surrender. He forgets how we began. He forgets that in the past we partnered with regular Gijinka to defeat a danger. But I have not forgotten.  I ask of you, aid us in our fight against these Godslayers. And, if you do, once this is all over...You may have as much of my treasure as you desire. All that I need...is for you to become the heroes I know you can be."

"EHHHHHHHHH!?"  Taiga groaned, her smile totally fading into a frown.  "What kinda responsibility you tryna dump on me now, princess?!"  The thought of being a hero....it kinda sounded thrilling...but simultaneously disgusting.  What would she wanna do with the title of a hero?  True...it might give her access to better treasures of this world...people giving them up willy nilly as rewards.  But being a Rogue was so much more to her liking.  It even sounded cooler!  She could get away with killing a bounty without so much as the wrong look...but being a hero would bring on bigger responsibilities.  Taiga stirred for a while, but she managed to come to a decision.  She looked to Scarlet and shrugged.  "I already know what you're gonna say chrome dome...so I might as well not disappoint."  

Taiga placed her hands on her hips, and smiled, while also looking to the side at the rest of her team.  

"Whatever.  Just don't let anyone else know I'm a hero.  I gotta reputation to hold up, ya know?  I'm Taiga the Terrible, after all!  Treasures first, then saving the world is second!  Ya hear me?!  FUFUFUFUFU!"  

EOlaaCE.png?1

Nine backed off a bit, a bit more of a playful expression on his face as the girl responded to him. "I'll try not to stay on your bad side." With that, the houndoom walked back towards Gwen, who seemed to be a bit lost in thought. As she asked him about the lamp, he shook his head. "I don't think it was a mistake. Even if it's a bit unsettling, trouble seems to find our group like a fly does honey. If it wasn't a lamp it'd probably have been a rock we found down the road." After joking, the houndoom said, "well, at the very least, I'm glad you kept it. I can't help but want to solve this mystery now, you know? So, what do you think's in there?"

P1JjewJ.png?1

While Marie attempted to pry the snake off of Randy's body, she wasn't strong and this snake's death grip certainly was. Try as she might, the beast wasn't going anywhere, and only seemed to coil around the Incineroar tighter, with the girl getting nowhere. However, there was a short moment where the girl felt that something had changed. The snake coming a bit off, the girl then decided that this was the time to take the offensive. Looking right at the snake, she let out a sharp yelp, a pulse of floral pink energy was let loose and aimed right at the snake. 

"Aid you, huh?"

The battle was over, and Tianzi barely made himself useful throughout the showdown. He didn't care much about the rewards, and considered to just let the others have his part. However what was said after ended up overtook his focus. He barely was able to stop himself from yelling at Diancie when she mentioned that the legends had grown complacent, and her next words made Tianzi froze. He was weak. He was so weak that now he might ended up becoming the lapdog of the people she had sworn to kill. That thought alone horrified Tianzi enough to bring him into complete silence.

Resourcefulness was not enough. Tactics was not enough. Ruthlessness and determination was not enough. Tianzi had known his limits from the moment he set forward with his plans, but only now he realized that knowing his limits ended up not being enough to let her find a way to compensate, especially against an absolute power.

How could he change the world if he was so weak? If he stood alone as he was now, he was just one weakling amidst many. His dream wouldn't matter in the end. He could just walk away from here, leaving this team and continue with his planning, but this battle had proven that it's worthless. No, he had to get stronger. He had to start somewhere, and he couldn't do it on his own, not when he's this weak.

"Once this is all over, would anything even change?" Might did not make right, but without backed with might, even the most righteous cause would be lost in a sea of ignorance and complacency. "As you said, the legends had grown fearful and arrogant. They lived in their own isolated life while the world they governed turned for the worse. Would helping you even be the right thing to do here? After all, perhaps it might be best for the old order to die, so the new can rise."

Even if had to grovel, even if he had to swallow his pride and betray his ideal for one moment. He would change the world, no matter what. "Keep your treasure to yourself. I will help you, but worldly riches are too fleeting to be something I desire." That was hard to say. He wanted to keep continuing. He wanted to say that he only wanted to help because of the small chance that this would shake the legends enough for them to return to do their job properly. He wanted to say that he would personally kill each and every one of the legends should nothing change in the end.

But a weakling had no right to speak of those words. As long as Tianzi operated on this level, those words would only end up being empty threats that he could not back up. And the thought of that was even worse than selling out himself and his ideal just to get stronger.

5bGoK6n.png

iU8EggM.png

"Huh, that don't look right. Something should be done about that, don't ya think?"

Randy overheard the Pyroar talking to Keanu and was about to shout at him, but felt the anaconda starting to loosen it's grip for a second and then immediately went back to squeezing, which caused the Incineroar to gasp a bit. He kept struggling, before seeing Marie yelp at it and cause it to stop for a moment or two. It seemed to be staring at Marie for a bit...before returning to its squeezing.

"N-Ngh...d-don't think it worked..." Randy groaned, as he kept struggling to fight against the anaconda's grip. He wanted to use a Fire Fang, but decided against it. That probably wouldn't help his situation...but that Pyroar on the other hand. "H-HEY!! C-Could use...a-a lit-TLE help here...!!!" he shouted at the Pyroar.

It was a bit, but the Pyroar finally seemed to take notice Randy. "Huh, that's not a place you wanna be ya know."

"N-No...sh-IT!!" Randy let out a growl mixed with a gasp as the anaconda kept growing tighter.

He's blinking sleepily. "Well if you knew that why you still there?"

"K-Kinda...have n-no cho-ICE!!" Randy gasped again, slightly on edge at the moment. "C-Could ya h-help a guy out?"

"Always have a choice man, but sure." The Pyroar took a step onto the solid ground, took a deep breath, and let out a Noble Roar. The snake, upon feeling the sound vibrate against their body, unclenched itself and slithered into the jungle.

Randy began to gasp for air some, only slowly giving the Pyroar a thumbs up. "M-Mahalo...t-t-that...doesn't really ever happen...to me much..." he huffed, trying to catch his breath.

"Most people don't get caught by an anaconda more than once. Whatchu all doing here?"

Randy grunted a little, still trying to catch his breath, sat up a bit before rubbing the back of his head. "W-We're trying to get to Mowloo...we saw you and your boat. Was kind of hoping you'd be able to help us."

"I don't have a boat." He looked back at the water, where the raft sat.

"Er...sorry...?" Randy apologized a bit puzzled. "I guess it's more raft than boat."

"Oh, you want a lift in my raft." he said, hitting his open palm with a fist and giving a nod of understanding. "What're you planning on doing when we get to Mowloo?"

"Not really sure. We're kinda going on instinct here..."

"Well I recommend not staying too long on the ground once we get there, not these days anyway." they Pyroar said as he started to push the raft into the water.

"How come?" Randy asked, curious. Did it have something with what those two said earlier?

He shrugs. "Locals all riled up these days, ever since that light shone over at Pride Rock." The raft is now in the water and he hops on, it starts moving down the river.

Randy moved and got Marie and Keanu on the raft with him before nodding. "Any idea what happened?"

"Stuff, big, fancy, stuff. Don't pay much attention to anything but the jungle."

"Alright..." Randy nodded, looking at Marie and Keanu. "We may have to be careful then..."

rSmNb2O.png

Poké: 800

Inventory: Dusk Stone, Moo Moo Milk x3

"So, a couple of things. First, apparently Kah has some info on my brother's location, so I'll have to try to pry it out of her later. Secondly, do you remember the 'Child' Lugia told us about and asked us to protect? I think I found he. We're supposed to get some straight answers today at noon, at the Psychic Guild. I'm going to head out there, and I was told to 'bring my allies', which would be all of you. Hopefully, it won't take more than an afternoon."

"All right, but unless this is really urgent, I'm going to find food first."

“What makes you trust whoever set this up? This is a big city, Denku. You could be in way over your head, and you'd be dragging us with you in that case. If you haven't noticed, we've already got a few kids to protect.”

"I, um..." Fawkes quietly started. Was this one of those choices Fi had talked about when Fawkes first met her? It was looking a lot like Fawkes had either the choice to go with Denku to meet up with this person at noon, or stick with Brooke. Every part of her insisted that it was safer to stay with Brooke. But she'd been doing nothing but playing it safe, and even that was putting her in danger lately! It was probably time to try and be more like those comic heroes she admired. What would they do? Go with Denku, right? Yeah, that has to be it. Nodding to herself, Fawkes stated "I'd like to go with Denku to the Psychic Guild." It wasn't much, as far as she knew, but this would have to do as a first step toward being a better person.

iU8EggM.png

"I say it once more, listen, and give me the answers I seek. I am Reshiram, Dragon of Truth, and I have come here to find out what has happened in my long absence. Legends have been killed, and, if I am free, it means that the Staff of Kyurem has been destroyed. Any who can tell me what has transpired will earn my gratitude."

The Staff of Kyurem... Fawkes couldn't help but be reminded of the chaos that transpired at Coldharbour. Reshiram - a name she'd never heard of before - and Denku spent some time discussing the events. She had to admit, Reshiram was a sight to behold. Not in the same way as Thundurus or Kyurem had been either. Like a bold leader. Somebody worth admiring. Kah had that leader type of look to her too, but something about the way the two carried themselves was completely different from one another. Must be a dragon thing, Fawkes decided.

Icecrown Team Showdown

Scarlet struck the legend, who managed to block the attack with a rather dangerous sounding crack sound. She could swear that she saw some of the crystals crack, but didn't have enough time to make sure as Diancie managed to push the Scizor back with a lot of force. Scarlet was barely able to keep herself standing as she slid across the mountain top, and prepared herself to make another mad dash towards the legend. However, while she seemed more than capable of fighting, instead Diancie spoke up.

"You win." She said simply. "I never intended to fight to the death, after all, and you all put in such a good show, how can I say anything else but you've bested me?" Scarlet was confused, lowering her stance with a sigh of relief. "Now that you've defeated me, you are welcome to more of my treasure. Though, for adventurers such as yourself, this much certainly isn't enough right?" Scarlet gave the mischievous legend a confuse look. Truth be told, she wasn't expecting to get much of anything in terms of actual gems, and the amount that she was going to give them seemed more than enough. "It's worth a lot, of course, however it's still only part of my wealth. The inside of this peak is filled with much more crystals than the surface, crystals that I have created naturally over the years, more wealth than you could dream of. But only I can access it...Unless..."

Now she was curious. Scarlet slowly made her way towards Diancie; the effects of the battle finally taking their toll on Scarlet as her adrenaline washed away. 

"The world is in grave danger. A war is coming and, despite what Lord Rayquaza might think, we are in need of allies to win it. Many of us are spread thin across the land, isolating ourselves out of arrogance, fear, or surrender. He forgets how we began. He forgets that in the past we partnered with regular Gijinka to defeat a danger. But I have not forgotten. I ask of you, aid us in our fight against these Godslayers. And, if you do, once this is all over...You may have as much of my treasure as you desire. All that I need...is for you to become the heroes I know you can be."

She could hear Taiga's surprise at what Diancie was putting forth to them. Heroes? It was a large departure of what she started as, being a simple traveler seeking to get stronger. Was she capable of taking on such a huge role? Sure, she had helped a few people here and there, but she wouldn't call herself a hero. Plus helping the other legendaries... she had seen what chaos the legends were capable of. Would she truly be a hero if she took on Diancie's offer?

Then again, this whole ordeal started with the death of Volcanion, which was probably at the hand of one of these Godslayers. As she remembered how her adventure had started, images of the Scyther appeared in her mind, and the chaos he was trying to bring about. Someone had to stop them, and Diancie seemed to trust them enough with the task. Someone had to oppose these Godslayers. Scarlet decided that she would do it - not for the safety of the legends, but for the sake of those who can't defend themselves.

Taiga seemed to come to some conclusion as she turned to Scarlet. "I already know what you're gonna say chrome dome... so I might as well not disappoint." She turned to the whole team, a wide grin on her face. "Whatever.  Just don't let anyone else know I'm a hero.  I gotta reputation to hold up, ya know?  I'm Taiga the Terrible, after all!  Treasures first, then saving the world is second!  Ya hear me?!  FUFUFUFUFU!"

Scarlet smiled at her response, turning to Tianzi. His answer was not quite what she was expecting. "Once this is all over, would anything even change? As you said, the legends had grown fearful and arrogant. They lived in their own isolated life while the world they governed turned for the worse. Would helping you even be the right thing to do here? After all, perhaps it might be best for the old order to die, so the new can rise." He wasn't wrong, bringing up her doubts on the whole situation with the legends. Memories of the destruction left by Thundurus's wake came to mind. Still... what the Godslayers were doing was also wrong, she was sure of it. "Keep your treasure to yourself. I will help you, but worldly riches are too fleeting to be something I desire."

Scarlet nodded, before turning to Diancie. "What a crazy world we live in, huh..." She paused for a second. "For those who've been damaged by the recklessness of the Godlslayers, I accept your offer, Diancie."

Adarid Team Karaoke

"I don't know, I think they want to take it or something, that Rei girl looks like she's going to hurt Nine..." Fiona looked rather frightened when she turned to look at Lok. She seemed rather fixated on Rei for whatever reason... Lok couldn't understand why.

"I'm sure it'll be fine." Gwen interjected as the three of them listened to the exchange between Rei and Nine. Luckily, it seemed like there wasn't going to be any form of fighting between the two, although Rei had something to say to Lok.

"And you, too, I've got my eye on you Sneaky, don't think you can fool me twice." Lok couldn't help but grin at the girl's response. Her competitive spirit... it was catchy, to say the least. It also brought back good memories from home.

"We'll see about that, Sparky!" He couldn't help but give the girl a mischievous wink as he stuck his tongue out a bit to the side, before turning back to his group. Gwen spoke about the group getting some rest. Lok nodded in agreement, before turning to Fiona.

"C'mon, Lok, why don't you...rest near  me, tonight. I, uh, feel nervous and...stuff." Even Lok wasn't naive enough to buy her nervous act this time, especially as he noted her fixating on Rei again. He again wondered why she was so fixated on Rei so much, but shrugged it off. Maybe she took the competitive aura she radiated as threatening or something. Either way, the girl had made a request, and he would feel bad if he had to reject it. Plus it wasn't like he had much of a choice - chances were their camp wasn't going to be very roomy either way.

"Of course." He still had no idea what to make of this girl... a lot had happened between them and the group. At the very least now, however, he had some sense of trust in her. 

As the group gathered to rest for the night, he noted that he could see Noshi and Rei setting up camp not too far off. He was still very much curious about the pair, especially Noshi and his relation with that... thing. Which Gwen and Nine were now talking about. "Yes it was a mistake!" Lok shouted in his head, but kept quiet about the whole situation. He was still frustrated that Nine was suddenly as fixated on the lamp as Gwen was, if not more. Their chance of getting rid of it was probably 0 now. Sleep was a bit difficult, as he could swear he felt the chilling sensation of the lamp, which was now fresh in his mind. He couldn't help but let out a groan.

Brooke knew that she had hit a brick wall in the conversation once Fawkes had spoken up. It was 3-versus-1, and she was positive that Easter would also be in favor of going with Denku once he finished with sugar rush. She sighed. She was always the killjoy. It wasn’t that she didn’t want to go, but she had people who relied on her to make sure they survived. She wasn’t just living for herself. Whatever. It wasn’t like they had given her much of an option.

“Alright, we’re coming along,” she said, pushing her empty bowl away from her and standing up, “but if things go South, you two get out of there as fast as you can, alright? Find somewhere safe and one of us will get you once everything is over.”

Then she wrapped her scarf tightly around her neck and donned her signature hat, exiting the room to collect their things and prepare to leave.

iU8EggM.png

Brooke stayed near the outside of the crowd, making sure to keep a tight hold on Dora’s sleeve to prevent her from wandering off and getting lost in the masses. She didn’t restrict Fawkes as strictly, but she did make sure that she had an eye on her at all times.

Another legend had appeared. Just great. This one didn’t seem immediately hostile but… wait. Reshiram. Why did that name sound familiar? She couldn’t put her finger on it but she was sure that she had heard it before.

She narrowed her eyes and watched the exchange more closely, ready to intervene at the drop of a hair. She was really starting to hate these Gijinka.

Team Mac, Day 26, Weynon

The Lilligant, Astrid, didn't seem to heed Grace's words. She got closer, until she was fully in the hallway, and the group could see her much more clearly. And she them. "Who are they?" Astrid asked, lowering her eyes to the floor as she caught their gazes.

"Just travelers, they were lost, they'll be leaving now."

"No we won't." Mac said stubbornly. "We're Chasers, on a grand adventure! And we want to stock up on medicine before heading out. Medicine that YOU keep buying the store out of." Mac looked at Grace as she said that, and caught the glare the woman was giving her.

However before she could respond, Astrid spoke again. "Medicine? You've been buying it all? But why?"

"Astrid, you...you keep getting worse, you know you need it."

Astrid shook her head and it was clear she was trembling, though if because of illness or otherwise it was unclear. "Has it done any good?" She asked finally, looking up, though not directly, at the group. "You said you're Chasers? Um...what...are you doing here?" She asked nervously.

Grace moved towards Astrid's side, placing a hand on the smaller girl's shoulder and whispering something to her. She glanced up at the group, though her malice was gone from her gaze now that she stood at the Lilligant's side.

Dora finally figured out why the white man was so familiar to her. And so she broke away from the rest of the group, upon Denku's glance, and took a place next to the man. "You remind me of the mean man that broke the city. You're not going to break the city are you? I had to wait for my fishicles cause of it, they're tasty, you should try some."

"I can honestly say I have no intention of harming anyone, young lady. Though I may try these...fishicles sometime. My...shell, was unstable, and dangerous. I had thought sealing myself and my brother away would be enough to keep him locked away but it seems it was in vain. Thankfully, Kyurem was unable to gain full power before being stopped. I do wonder, who among you was strong enough to finish him?"

Dora stared with mouth open at the man and then rushed over to Easter and practically dragged the Sylveon forward. "I don't know what the things you said mean but Easter is a very very veeeeery strong lady, aren't you Easter?"

Reshiram looked upon the Sylveon. "So it is true, entire new species do walk the land. Your aura reminds me of Diancie, in a way, her influence has spread...I have been away far too long."

His attention was taken by the crowd, several of whom, including, Brooke would notice, the group of thugs from earlier, seemed to want to get closer. Saying something about Chaser rights. Sebastian was there, keeping the crowd at bay, though he kept looking back at the group almost nervously.

"It seems my presence has caused a stir. If none of you have any further information, or, perhaps questions of your own for your trouble, I should be on my way."

Team Showdown, Day 28, Icecrown

"Whatever.  Just don't let anyone else know I'm a hero.  I gotta reputation to hold up, ya know?  I'm Taiga the Terrible, after all!  Treasures first, then saving the world is second!  Ya hear me?!  FUFUFUFUFU!

"Once this is all over, would anything even change? As you said, the legends had grown fearful and arrogant. They lived in their own isolated life while the world they governed turned for the worse. Would helping you even be the right thing to do here? After all, perhaps it might be best for the old order to die, so the new can rise. Keep your treasure to yourself. I will help you, but worldly riches are too fleeting to be something I desire."

"For those who've been damaged by the recklessness of the Godlslayers, I accept your offer, Diancie."

Diancie thought over those three, very different, responses. The first and last wasn't far from what was expected but the other, from the weakest of the trio, came as a bit of a surprise. She hadn't realized this Xatu harbored such feelings. "I don't think I can answer your worries. There is much history in the way and the future is what we need to be watching now. As long as you'll fight, that's all that I can ask."

She looked at the smallest of the group. Isole hadn't said anything during all of this and it seemed she was struggling to come to a decision. She didn't want to be a hero, it was such a hassle, she only had wanted to get a chance to explore. Certainly this would let her explore but...if she was to fight for something she wanted to do it with her crew, not with these strangers. "I...don't know." Isole said.

"That is alright, you can decide after talking with the others if you need, though you might change your mind once you meet...him." Diancie said. She then looked to the sky. "I know you're watching. You never did think I could hold my own." There wasn't malice in her voice, but amusement. "And I know you disagree but can you really turn down help when its so willingly given?"

There was a silence, the wind howled, that lasted several seconds. Then the wind picked up. Faster and faster and faster, the group found themselves in the midst of what seemed a tornado. The stream of wind lifted them off from the ground and everything faded to white...

When they next touched ground they realized they no longer were in the presence of Diancie. They found themselves on what seemed to be a bridge in the sky. Surrounded by waist-high walls and connected to a rather unusual structure. White stone, with runes all around it, the building was split in two towers, curved, which were connected at the bottom and top. As they walked towards the silver gates they would see a Gijinka whom they could not tell the species of. She was standing in front of the door and as they made their way towards her she greeted them.

"Hello, I am Magearna, and I wish to welcome you to the Sky Palace. My lord is awaiting you inside." She then opened the door and gestured for them to go in.

They found themselves in a grand hall, with shiny black stone floors, marble walls, and a multitude of ivory pillars supporting the ceiling. There were staircases to the left and right. However there was also a man standing in the middle of the floor. The Gijinka was standing with an unimpressed look on his face, one of unrestrained arrogance, and dressed in minimal, though seemingly expensive, clothing. He glanced at Magearna as she followed the group inside and she rushed to take position next to him.

"This is Lord Rayquaza, he has brought you here because you showed interest in aiding us."

Rayquaza gave a short laugh as she said this. "I saw you fight, it was not much of a showing. But, if you wish to do your part in ending this destructive battle, I won't stop you. Unlike Diancie I cannot see the potential she claims you have. It was the same for that thug she made her Disciple. What we must face are powers beyond anything you've encountered so far. You will only face more and more peril. For it will be your task to remind some of my more stubborn brethren what it means to battle. So, I ask you once more, are you willing to fight with your lives on the line? Every battle could be your last. What you will experience from here on out will be deadlier than any before it."

Isole wouldn't look at the man, instead staring at the floor. What could she say? She knew not what to do. So she settled for seeing what those she was with would say, to see if that helped her make up her mind.

Team Karaoke, Day 27, Road to Northshore

"I don't think it was a mistake. Even if it's a bit unsettling, trouble seems to find our group like a fly does honey. If it wasn't a lamp it'd probably have been a rock we found down the road." After joking, the houndoom said, "well, at the very least, I'm glad you kept it. I can't help but want to solve this mystery now, you know? So, what do you think's in there?"

Gwen considered his words. Trouble did seem to come to them often. Why was that? They were simply adventurers, they weren't anything special, why had so much happened in such a short time? Was this how it was for all parts of the region, or just around here? If things were always this complicated then why was that? What was wrong with the world where such confrontations were so common? She couldn't think much on her own questions, not wanting to ignore Nine's. "I'm not sure...It feels like something is stuck...As though the lamp is more a prison. I just...it feels sad." She looked up at Nine. "Whatever it is, I think it deserves a chance at freedom." She realized after she said this that she had become certain that there was some THING inside of this lamp. Glancing at it, she almost thought she saw it rattle. "But I suppose that's one of many things about this world that are a mystery to me." She said bitterly.

She was too tired to cover it up so she just lay back and stared at the sky. "Hopefully tomorrow will be a relaxing day."

Lok would find that Fiona kept looking over at him. She was concerned. Concerned that he was so friendly with these strangers. She had thought, perhaps, that he had been kind to her because of who she was. But the more she saw the more she realized that was just who Lok was.

An idiot.

She shouldn't worry what he thought. He was weak, stupid, and she didn't really know him much at all. But, after all, what else did she have?

Fiona let out a long sigh and rolled over, deciding she should try and sleep.

-----

The next day was indeed a calm one. In fact the next three days was marked with peace and quiet. Something that Gwen was particularly happy about. Thoughts of the lamp left her mind as she thought about what came next. "Northshore, I've heard it was a beautiful place, I've never been there but I'm sure its called the most joyful city of Adarid for a reason." To Nine specifically she said. "I hope that we find what you need here. Even if I'm still not sure what it is you're searching for."

She was in high spirits as they approached the city. However almost an hour before the reached the city something...changed. At first it was just a drizzle, a light rain at the edge of a storm. But then they got closer, and closer, and the rain began to fall faster and harder. Soon it was difficult to advance and the wagon got stuck in the mud just outside the city. There was something...not right about this rain, and Gwen was determined to find out.

Fiona, too, seemed determined. Though there was something else in her expression. Surprise and a hint of...hunger. The two set out to the city, regardless of if the other two followed.

As they entered the city they saw that there were crowds of people huddled under shelters, hiding from the rain. Gwen asked the first person they saw, a Braviary who seemed to be in charge what was happening. He shook his head. "We can't be sure. One of those Chasers I think, fool challenged her to a fight and now she's flooding the city. We're getting everyone away from the beach but...hey, didn't you hear, it's dangerous!"

Gwen waved at the man. "Thank you for the warning. But I've been in the middle of several troubles these days, what's one more?" The Braviary didn't stop her, he was more focused on keeping the citizens safe as opposed to keeping some foolish traveler from getting herself killed. Still, he spoke to her companions. "You might want to talk some sense into that girl, things are only gonna get worse from here."

Gwen made her way towards the beach, moving slowly due to the rain that was coming down in sheets upon her. She wasn't sure what possessed her to do this. She should just stay back and wait for the fight to be over. However she had a sickening feeling that it wouldn't end without serious damage being caused to the city. Even now she could see several structures that were taken out by the flooding.

When she reached the beachfront she finally saw what it was that was causing this.

She didn't know the Legends that well but even she could recognize the fierce looking woman who was standing at the top of a column of water. Goddess of the Sea, Kyogre. She was facing a figure who stood at top of a hill overlooking the beach a dozen feet high. Even at that vantage point the water had risen to a point that it almost reached his feet. The Gijinka seemed to be holding his own, despite how long this battle must have been raging on for. In fact both of these two seemed to be in good condition. As Kyogre fired an Ice Beam at the man they could see why. He raised his arms and a protective shield, a green aura covered in spikes, took the blow and kept it from hitting the man. He then fired off a green blast of energy towards Kyogre, who dove into the water to avoid it, popping up only to fire yet another beam at the man.

While the two were locked in a surprisingly equal fight, the water continued to pour in, raising the water level slowly. If the battle lasted too long it risked wiping out the entire city. Gwendoline knew she had to do something. But in the face of this power she felt...what could she do?

Team Alola, Day 14, Jungle of Mowloo

The Pyroar didn't wait for the others to get on the raft before he started down the river, thus anyone who hesitated would have to jump onto the raft before it got too far away.

He began to whistle as he rowed. Though it was less rowing and more steering. He had a long pole in his hand and he carefully guided the raft around logs, around bends, and through the river. They continued on in this vein for several hours before he suddenly stopped. "Don't suppose you have any food on ya? We still got a ways to go and I think I must have dropped mine somewhere in this river. Or some critter took it. Either way I haven't eaten in..." He paused, thinking, then nodded. "Five days so..." As he said this the man pitched forward and into the water. The lack of food seemingly catching up to him all at once.

pl37ikL.jpg?1

oe3ZVDT.png

Team Showdown - Icecrown Peak/Tower in the Sky

"Once this is all over, would anything even change? As you said, the legends had grown fearful and arrogant. They lived in their own isolated life while the world they governed turned for the worse. Would helping you even be the right thing to do here? After all, perhaps it might be best for the old order to die, so the new can rise. Keep your treasure to yourself. I will help you, but worldly riches are too fleeting to be something I desire."

"For those who've been damaged by the recklessness of the Godlslayers, I accept your offer, Diancie."

Taiga grinned at her partner's answers.  However, there was one who had yet to decide their fate.  Her smile faded, and she looked at Isole with care in her eyes.  She reached out to grab the gijinka's shoulder, but then Isole spoke.

"I...don't know."

Taiga's hand flinched.  This girl...she was so young.  This probably wasn't what she had signed up for.  It was all so much, even for Taiga the Terrible.  Before she could console the girl, they were whisked away by some sort of strong air current.  They were leaving the peak of the mountain, and straight into the sky.  Before she knew it, it looked like Taiga was standing on clouds.  Before her was a large Ivory Tower, split in twain into two erected pillars.  She gulped audibly, and her knees were shaking.  Where had they gone in such a short amount of time?  Taiga looked around her swiftly, and noticed Diancie was not there.  Behind them was nothing, and in front of them was a bridge that lead to those towers.  Nervously, Taiga took a couple of steps towards the gate.  Once in view of the silver entryway, she saw a Gijinka she had never once seen in any sort of fiction.  

"Hello, I am Magearna, and I wish to welcome you to the Sky Palace. My lord is awaiting you inside."

"My who now?"  Taiga's head cocked to the side in confusion.  She had really no other feasible option than to follow this...Magearna.  They were all lead into some sort of Hall.  It was beautiful...and there must have been some pretty nice treasure in here.  Taiga started to drool again, only to have her vision focused on a vividly green Gijinka, staring at the team with a very uninterested gaze.  For some reason, the symbols on his body seemed...somewhat nostalgic.  It was as if he was tied to her goal...tied to legend.  And then, it snapped in her head. 

"Ra-Ra-Ra-Ra-Ra-Ra-Ra-Ra-Ra....Ra-Ra-Ra-Ra-Ra-Ra-Ra-Ra-Ra!"   

"This is Lord Rayquaza, he has brought you here because you showed interest in aiding us."

"RAYQUAZA?!"

"I saw you fight, it was not much of a showing. But, if you wish to do your part in ending this destructive battle, I won't stop you. Unlike Diancie I cannot see the potential she claims you have. It was the same for that thug she made her Disciple. What we must face are powers beyond anything you've encountered so far. You will only face more and more peril. For it will be your task to remind some of my more stubborn brethren what it means to battle. So, I ask you once more, are you willing to fight with your lives on the line? Every battle could be your last. What you will experience from here on out will be deadlier than any before it."

Her knees were shaking yet again.  Here she was, in the presence of the pinnacle of strength, and he was asking for HER aid in all of this.  Taiga shakily nodded her head.  She wasn't scared in Oasis.  She wasn't scared when the S.S. Showdown was attacked.  And she wasn't scared when facing off against Diancie.  However, the thought of undergoing this task...the thought of being in Rayquaza's mere presence...it shook her to the core.  They were all supposed to be myth...and yet here they were asking them for help.  Shakily, her voice was actually able to get out into the room.  She gripped her bicep with her arm, even though it was quivering in the air like a noodle.  

"Heh...not much of a s-s-showing huh?  Well I've got a lot more in store for any unlucky sonofastunfisk that decides to cross paths with T-T-Taiga the T-T-Terrible!  F-f-f-f-uuu-fuuu....fuu."  Her legs gave out from underneath her.  "I ain't afraid of nothin'!  No one's gonna stop me from getting rich off of this whole, hero thing!"  She looked to Isole again, and found somewhat of a normal composure.  She walked over to the Rotom, knelt down, and placed both of her hands on her shoulders.  "Listen kiddo...ain't no one gonna hold it against ya if ya aren't ready for this...I can tell from the way you've been acting that you're scared."  Taiga let go of her shoulders, and gave the girl a small tap on the cheek with her fist.  "But you're strong...you really came through for us back there.  I know you got that spirit deep down in ya.  As a matter of fact, if it weren't for you...I might've been paste against the wall by now!  Fufufufu."  Taiga stood up straight, and turned her back towards Isole.  "It'd be fun if you kept tagging along...I'm sure your sisters would be real jealous of  you...gettin' written down in history...we could become Legends."  Taiga sprawled a hand against her chest.  "Well...I'll become a legendary Treasure Hunter that is...FUFUFUFU!"

Taiga turned to Rayquaza, her eyes fierce for a moment, before being filled with a shaky anticipation once again. 

"We'll get written down in stories at least?  Right?"  

5bGoK6n.png

iU8EggM.png

Luckily Randy got the others on the raft when he did, cause this Pyroar didn't seem like he was gonna stop any time soon. Though, at least they were moving...

-Several Hours Later-

"Don't suppose you have any food on ya? We still got a ways to go and I think I must have dropped mine somewhere in this river. Or some critter took it. Either way I haven't eaten in...Five days so..."

Randy sat cross-legged as he listened to the Pyroar, hearing him say this. Before he even had time to answer, he watched the Pyroar fall right into the water. With a slight groan, he got up and grabbed the Pyroar out of the water and back onto the raft. "Five days without food? Jeez...that isn't good." Randy sighed, shaking his head as he went to look in his own pack.

Unfortunately, he saw that there wasn't a whole lot of food he had with him. Then again, the fact that they've been moving forward for quite sometime, it did make sense on them not having really any food right now. Still, he could tell it wouldn't be too much longer to Mowloo. Just...really hope that it ain't what they said it was... Randy thought, glancing at Keanu and Marie. For their sake anyway...

rSmNb2O.png

"It seems my presence has caused a stir. If none of you have any further information, or, perhaps questions of your own for your trouble, I should be on my way."

"Excuse me," Fawkes said, raising her hand as high as she could. It would probably be easy to miss her in this crowd, where most everyone towered over her, so she had to do her best to be seen. Although, in immediate hindsight, she regretted this decision. It was more of a knee-jerk reaction than anything, but now she'd already opted for Reshiram's attention. She couldn't just back out now that she'd already done that. Wasting this guy's time didn't seem like the best of ideas. I have to ask him something now. But what? I mean I just did that for some reason because it was the first thing I thought of doing. I guess I should ask him the first thing I think of? Okay, let's see...

"Where does courage come from?" she wound up asking, the first question that came to mind. "...um, that is, if you don't mind me asking..."

Icecrown Team Showdown

"I... don't know." Scarlet turned to Isole, feeling sorry for her. For one, she had almost forgotten about her in her focus on the battle. This wasn't what she signed up for when she joined the crew; none of them really had, but it wasn't fair to drag her along the ride. It would be dangerous, and the girl was young...

"Isole..." Was all Scarlet was able to say when she was interrupted by the sounds of the howling wind. The howls only seemed to pick up as she felt herself being lifted off of the ground. "W-Wha-" She let out as she saw the world around her spin violently. They had been caught in some sort of tornado? It didn't matter now, whatever it was had placed them on a bridge. 

"Hello, I am Magearna, and I wish to welcome you to the Sky Palace. My lord is awaiting you inside." A gijinka she had never seen greeted them, leading them to her lord. Everything about this was sketchy to Scarlet, but she didn't feel inclined not to at least see what was going on. She was greeted by a beautiful flashes of ivory and marble, all decorating the room wonderfully. It was almost mesmerizing, were it not for the owner taking on the spotlight.

"RAYQUAZA?!" Scarlet was speechless as the Lord of the Skies spoke. She had heard legends of the mighty sky lord, most of which she thought were blatantly false. And yet, as she stood in front of him, they all suddenly became all too real. She couldn't help but kneel before Rayquaza himself as he spoke, even though she wasn't too keen on the legends herself. She didn't even quite agree with what he was saying; she simple could not disrespect this level of power. She kept quite as Taiga spoke to Rayquaza, still trying to take in everything that was happening. It warmed her heart to hear what Taiga said to Isole, as she stood up to walk to the two. 

"We would love to have you tag along with us... even if you don't want to take on the burden of hunting down these Godslayers, you're welcome to stay with us." She smiled at Isole, giving the girl a hug. "Don't feel pressured to stick around because of us, though. Whatever decision your heart tells you to make is the right one. We won't hold it against you, kid." She let go of the Rotom, walking up to Taiga. "Good job with Isole there, partner." She gave the shark a wink before walking up towards Rayquaza. Her expression shifted from happy to a much more serious one. "I don't care how hard it'll get from here on out. The peril... my life... none of that matters." She turned back to her group, specifically Isole, before turning back to Rayquaza. "The chaos that both the legends and the Godlslayers have brought to the innocent has to come to an end one way or another!"

Adarid Team Karaoke

He tried not to look at night, but he could swear that Fiona was looking over him at night constantly. It wasn't like he wasn't already restless, but her peering over him definitely didn't help. Still, eventually he was able to sleep through the night.

The next series of days were uncharacteristically calm, a change of pace Lok could get behind. Even the creeping thoughts of the lamp weren't enough to keep Lok down as he enjoyed the brief moment of peace the group hadn't had in what felt like forever. Gwen and Fiona especially seemed eager to continue onward, even after the drizzling start. The sudden rain put Lok on edge, almost instantly making him wish they'd turn back. "Well this seems like trouble..." However, the two girls seemed dead set on marching forward regardless of the weather, even after the wagon got stuck in the mud. Not wanting to be left behind, he kept on going forwards, lingering behind the group. "Wonder what got into them..."

The rain in the city was insane; citizens were taking shelter from the intense downpour of water. A local Braviary informed them that a chaser had challenged someone, probably a legend he guess by how he talked and the intense rain. Gwen, however, didn't seem to care, which made Lok concerned. He didn't remember her being so gung-ho about facing danger... was this the lamps doing? "You might want to talk some sense into that girl, things are only gonna get worse from here." The Braviary interrupted his train of thought.

"I wish I could..." He shook his head, cautiously following behind Gwen.

Lok watched in horror as he saw the two gijinka battling. Neither of them seemed to care that the whole town was about to be flooded because of the two. He could feel a twist form in his stomach; how could they be so careless, especially with one of them being a legendary? As the two fought on, equally matched, Lok could feel the water level rising ever so slowly. They'd either have to find a way to stop them, or get out. Lok wanted to do something, but he couldn't even move a muscle. He was paralyzed in fear, despair, and disgust. "Those... idiots..." He muttered under his breath.

"Who are they?" Astrid asked, lowering her eyes to the floor as she caught their gazes. Kazo sighed. He had to try to stop the thief now. He couldn't have this cute thing being stolen from. 

"Just travelers, they were lost, they'll be leaving now." 

"No we won't." Mac said stubbornly. "We're Chasers, on a grand adventure! And we want to stock up on medicine before heading out. Medicine that YOU keep buying the store out of."

"Medicine? You've been buying it all? But why?"

"Astrid, you...you keep getting worse, you know you need it."

Astrid shook her head and it was clear she was trembling, though if because of illness or otherwise it was unclear. "Has it done any good?" She asked finally, looking up, though not directly, at the group. "You said you're Chasers? Um...what...are you doing here?" She asked nervously. Kazo rubbed the back of his head.

"Well, we're here to basically rest and restock," Kazo explained. "Especially after our leader was poisoned. Hopefully, we'll be able to get those said supplies and get out of here tomorrow before that inn breaks my bank," He joked, trying to keep the mood light. Hopefully, it would work. At least he was good at talking to kids.

"You remind me of the mean man that broke the city. You're not going to break the city are you? I had to wait for my fishicles cause of it, they're tasty, you should try some." Dora asked as she stood next to Denku. The scarred man just patted her head to comfort her. At least she was always cheerful. She then went to go get Easter, and present the... gijinka to Reshiram. The crowd was getting restless, and Reshiram was getting ready to go, letting them ask a question before they could. Denku didn't have one... not one that could be answered by the dragon. But Fawkes did have one. 

"Where does courage come from?" she wound up asking, the first question that came to mind. "...um, that is, if you don't mind me asking..."

Denku wished he had that answer, but what he had was recklessness and a moral compass. So he opted to listen to the dragon, all while watching the crowd, ready to throw down with someone that would want to throw down with Reshiram.

What a joke.

So this was Rayquaza, the lord of the skies? Supposed leader of the legendaries, and protector of all dwelling under Heaven? His voice instilled fear into Tianzi. His display of power that radiated from his very being felt like it could disintegrate someone as weak as Tianzi at any moments. Yet, the only thing that Tianzi wanted to do now was laugh. She would have laugh out louder than Rayquaza laughed earlier if she was not completely filled with anger now.

"The legends surely have grown complacent if their leader is this powerless."

Tianzi felt fear. Her legs were shaking. She knew that Rayquaza was far above Diancie, and would not even exert any effort if he so wished to wipe the group off. But she forced herself to look at Rayquaza. She forced herself to speak. She was barely able to restrain herself from attacking him, even knowing that it would be suicide.

"Surely, the great and mighty lord of the skies should have been able to deal with this issue personally. Yet I see no battle scars on you, while your similarly complacent comrades probably would have started to die one by one right now. Instead, you called this weakling here, into your palace."

Rayquaza was far above the bandits that ransacked her village, far from those that enslaved her. Far above those that had made her theirs, far above those that subjected her through various punishments throughout her life. Even if through her life Tianzi had made a point to stare back at anyone, even those that would easily kill her, Rayquaza was something else entirely. Maintaining composure before him was close to impossible. Even supported with her anger, Tianzi's voice started to crack. Even Taiga was able to handle the situation better than her, still with her overconfident mojo. Tianzi felt jealous of her. No matter how much she disliked her, Taiga was still a lot stronger than what Tianzi could reach now, and in this sort of situation, Taiga still managed to keep her head on her goal, however insignificant it was.

Or perhaps that was just an illusion? Taiga sure still could stand more confidently than Tianzi here nevertheless. Taiga was still even capable of giving her brand of pep talk to Isole in this situation, while Tianzi barely was able to think about anything other than her own anger and her worries. Being even more selfish than Taiga. That sure was an achievement.

"T-this sort of thing...those Godslayers, they surely sounded quite strong. Yet at the same time, I am quite adamant that they wouldn't attack if you legends didn't show how vulnerable you really are. A moment of weakness, exploited as an opening to instill chaos. As vile as they seemed to be, I couldn't help but wonder about whether perhaps it's for the best that the current order of legendaries are replaced. And even if say, we managed to remind your brethen of the danger at hand now, what would it change in the long run? None of them would walk among us even then, none of them would care about the people as they return to their complacency.

And thus this will just repeat again, give or take a few generations."

Scarlet voiced her resolve to Rayquaza. Just like the steel armor encasing her, Scarlet was steadfast. Her voice didn't crack a bit as she spoke of her wish to stop the chaos from continuing. Before her, Tianzi really was nothing.

"From when I was young, I've always thought that the legends were nothing more than overpowered pompous bastards only caring about their own status rather than the people. When I got older, I foolishly started to work on my goal to personally locate and assassinate each of you to entertain that fantasy, to entertain the hope that something might change that way. But I was weak, stupid, and I didn't even know that  there were others that wanted to do the same.

Now, faced with the opportunity to make a change happens, of course I will accept. Even if that means siding with those that I despise to my very core. I stopped caring about death a long while ago, so whatever the peril is, I don't care. I only cared about change and progress. Either I return you Legendaries to your past glory, or I decorate this castle with your head on a pike. I'm fine with either choice, but for now, I will choose to stop the Godslayers for you."

Without power, Tianzi's words lacked anything to back them up, especially against the symbol of power himself. Though perhaps, being able to say it might be a power in itself. It was dumb, and she might have doomed herself, but it sure was a relief to finally say all that to the one responsible for everything. Tianzi's anger dissipated considerably afterwards, and she turned to face the others, primarily Isole, as she waited for Rayquaza's response.

"Uh...pardon me for acting so erratically so far." Her voice was noticeably more girly and loose now. "I had been tagging with you three the past few days, yet I ended up not contributing much, if at all. With us going for the same goal now, I will do my best to support you three in anything from now on."

She turned to Rayquaza again.

"Of course, that is if I survive here."

EOlaaCE.png?1

Looking at Gwen, Nine raised an eyebrow as she seemed that there was something in need of being freed inside of the lamp. He was glad to see that Gwen was also willing to get the lamp opened, but he hadn't thought about what was actually trapped in there, or if it was a person, who it was. Nine seemed to start to get into of deep though on the matter, before Gwen had brought back his attention. "Well, solving mysteries are what make this worth doing, right? I'm sure tomorrow will be great." With that, he bid the Mismagius a good night, and went to sleep. 

The day following the group was in high spirits as they began to make their way towards Northshore. It had been some time since the Houndoom had traveled there, but it was always a nice vacation spot to hang out in. Not that Nine had ever spent a long enough time in it to be considered a vacation. He wasn't a particularly rich chaser, nor was the abundance of mercenary workers particularly fun to stay around. Though, that never stopped him from appreciating all the views while he was there. As Gwen wished him luck, Nine's expression became a bit more solemn, before bouncing back saying, "yeah, I hope I can find them as well." He had no idea how well Heather was holding up, and given how long he had been out for, he had no idea how much time he had left. All he knew, was that he needed to find Jirachi. And nothing short of another legend or godslayer was going to get in his way. 

As the group had entered the town, though, there was something off about it. The rain for instance, seemed to have come out of nowhere. While a freak rain shower was nothing new, the further they got the heavier it became. Soon enough, it went from drizzle, to storm, to monsoon to straight hurricane weather. And while Nine wasn't quite sure if he had ever experienced rain this hard in his life before, his experience in the past month had taught him what to expect at the center of something big going wrong. As the group passed a Braviary, he gave a warning to the group, asking them to stop Gwen who seemed to be willfully marching along. With a smile on his face, Nine shrugged and said, "sorry pal, but we're professionals at this." 

Walking over to where Gwen had gone, the none too calm eye of the storm, Nine was stopped in his tracks by what he saw. Atop a hill, there stood a Cacturne, fending off his foe's ice and the rain they had created. While that alone was awe striking, Nine's attention was mostly captivated by who his opponent. "Whoa," he muttered, drowned out by the rain. Atop a column of water, he recognized the imposing female figure to be the goddess of the sea, Kyogre. While Nine had met legends before, and recognized their strength, none of them had felt quite as powerful as the goddess before him. A wide smile was plastered across the boy's face as he was absolutely thrilled about this find. A bit sad that it had to be under these circumstances - well, terrified was likely the better word to use - but all the same overjoyed to see her. His fawning over the legend, however, was soon brought to a close as he remembered that he was in the middle of a downpour primed to destroy the city. Not only that, she was facing off against a person who seemed to be evenly matched with her. That was not a good sign. In fact, there were only two type of people he knew of that could do that, and he was almost positive it wasn't the kind he just met. 

Testing something out, Nine tried to summon flames to his hand, only for them to be instantly smothered by the rain. "Guess we're doing this the hard way," he once more muttered. With a smile on his face he looked towards Gwen jokingly saying, "you ready for me to almost get myself killed again?" Looking towards the others he said, "don't follow if you don't want to get hurt. I can assure you, this will somehow end in violence." Cracking his knuckles, the Houndoom had a pulse of darkness wash over him, his aura sharpening, as he walked away from the group and closer to the action. 

Taking in a deep breath he shouted, "HEEEEEEYYYYYYY!" His shouting had caught the attention of the legend, who in turn gave him a glare that he felt was almost paralyzing. The Houndoom instinctively stepped back away, yet despite feeling obviously outclassed and that silence was probably the safest option he continued to shout out to the two of them. "DO YOU WANT TO TALK THIS OUT?!"

P1JjewJ.png?1

Marie was starting feel desperate, her attack only making the snake pause slightly. However, as the two had struggled, Randy seemed to be able to wake the man who was on a raft. With a single bellow of his voice, the snake ended up leaving, allowing Randy to be freed from imminent death. Turning to the man who had just roared, Marie gave a few repeated bows in his direction. Still visibly distressed she just said, "thank you, thank you, thank you." After some time had passed, Randy had managed to negotiate with the man to allow them onto his raft. 

Hopping onto the raft, the group began to float down the river. It was a slow ride, and during it the man had pointed out their lack of food, only to then drop into the river. Panicking a bit, the girl started to get up only, going to the edge of the raft only for Randy to jump in and drag him back out. Looking at him, she said, "uh, um, are you ok Mister?" After that, the girl realized that it had been awhile since they were in Northshore, and thus they'd need food from elsewhere. Sitting on the raft, the girl looked around, realizing they were in a body of water. With eager eyes, Marie looked towards the man, saying, "oh, hey Mister. Do you know if there are sharks in this river?" 

jOzNrUn.png

Poké: 290
Inventory: Poke Puff Bag (empty), Berry Case (empty)
Today was supposed to be the big day. Her big day. She woke up this morning super-prepared, got herself all hyped up for the occasion, reviewed what she was supposed to do, everything. More than anything, Kah was ready for this moment. Then why? Why did it have to be him? As Kah looked in awe at the gorgeous white dragon everyone had clamored to meet, Kah couldn't help but wonder why her fated encounter had to be with Reshiram of all people. She'd always looked up to Reshiram, the bringer of truth, and the goal of meeting him was what drove her to finally leave Skuldafn in the first place.

Is this some kind of twisted humor? Or maybe I deserve it for what I did to Kazo... or rather, what I did to Latias, and planned to do to Latios. Not that I succeeded with her.

It was just a gut feeling, but Kah couldn't shake the feeling that Reshiram wouldn't be as passive if Kah were to try anything. This was truly do or die time then. Running away meant that if Kura didn't kill her, Ankou would. Losing in a fight against Reshiram - knowing how effective dragons were at fighting other dragons - would probably mean death. I actually have to do this. The day that I'm strong enough to fight that damn dog, I'll kill him myself for this. Kah nudged her way through the crowd, making her way to Reshiram. He was even more amazing up close. In her head, Kah relayed the instructions to herself. Raise the arm Kura had given her, and focus her willpower and aura into it. Easy.

Kah raised her left hand, as if to ask a question, but the end goal was far more sinister. "I have a question as well!" she declared. "Your brother, Zekrom... what's he like?" Now. Her question put out, Kah focused on her left arm, just like she'd been told. Whatever was about to happen, Kah wasn't sure if she'd want to remember it.

Team Showdown, Day 28, Sky Palace

Rayquaza couldn't help but smirk a bit at the reactions he got from...most of them. "This Taiga reminds me of a young Kyogre." He said, more to himself, though his words naturally carried across the room. To Scarlet he seemed surprised. "You must be the leader of this group, young Scizor, if your excitable friend would be Kyogre I feel you would do well studying under Cobalion...wherever that trio has gone off to...Of course, you'd need to grow...so much stronger." He seemed ready to say more, but for Tianzi's words.

His gaze grew darker, more primal, as he went on. And Magearna at his side began to tremble at the feeling that the Legend was giving off. This child spoke to him in this way? "Know this, Xatu, your threats are empty, your passion is misplaced. You know not of what you speak. How many years have you walked this place? It's a mere fraction to me. This region may be in danger but it would be gone if it weren't for us. You forget your place. We have long protected and guided this world. Do you think this is because we must? We have chosen to, time and time again, keep this world alive. As for myself, do you think that I wish to stay here? To not use my power to crush my foe? I shall show you now why I chose to remain in this damned place."

He moved swiftly, grabbing Tianzi by the back of his collar as he flew out of the front door and into the sky. With a shout of elation he spun midair and dove down through the clouds, faster, faster, until he broke through the lowest layer of clouds.

As he left, Isole looked towards the other two. "I...er..." She was conflicted still, clearly, and unsure of herself even while she spoke. "For now I'll stay." Was what she settled on and, after saying this, her face returned to its more neutral expression.

At first all Tianzi could see was the desert below them, Oasis far in the distance, but then the clouds began to darken. The moment Rayquaza broke through them a snowstorm started, covering the desert with its cold, white, flurries. "Look, boy, at what happens to the world if I leave. With Arceus...gone, I alone hold the power to keep this world stable. But I cannot do it from outside of my Palace. Tell me, how long do you think the world would last if I were to take part in this battle?"

After this he returned back to the room with the others and deposited Tianzi. "The Legendaries have much responsibility. Responsibility that we owe to no one to uphold." He looked at each in the group. "We do it because, despite the mess it is, we love this world." Though the sneer he gave after lessened the emotion of the message. "Stay the night here, tomorrow I will give you your first task." With that he left the group, anger radiating off of him with every step, with Magearna.

"Er...sorry about that, Lord Rayquaza is....stressed, lately. If you need anything you may ask me. I can show you to guest chambers if you..."

They heard then from an upper level a loud roar, sounding similar to a lion's. "Oh dear they're practicing again aren't they...No need to worry, those are just more...guests, they won't bother you."

Team Alola, Day 14, Mowloo Jungle

The Pyroar groaned and shrugged. "Ah well, that's what you get when you sleep most the day, little things slip your mind."

"oh, hey Mister. Do you know if there are sharks in this river?"

"Hope not...water's too shallow for sharks. Got crocodiles, right over there." He gestured towards the right where, if they were to look, a pair of crocodiles were eying the group. "Ya know, not many people come through this way these days. Seems most people are heading towards the bigger cities are staying locked up tight. Apparently Legends are dying left and right. Wonder what'll happen to this jungle, if she wakes up..." His voice trailed off.

Several hours passed before they stopped. "Just follow that path there, you'll be there before an hour's up, and...try not to step on any snakes."

Once the group got a move on it wouldn't be long before they were suddenly surrounded. Groups of Gijinka, wearing strange masks and dressed in almost nothing, what little clothing they had made from vines, leaves, and hide, had circled the group. One stepped forward and began speaking to Randy in a language they couldn't recognize, though he seemed almost threatening, and a small bit frightened, by the group.

"Where does courage come from?"

Reshiram looked at the small Gijinka and a slight smile crossed his face. He knelt down on one knee to get closer to the young kit. "I'm afraid my brother would be better to answer such a question. Truthfully courage is not something I...understand. It's illogical. The fact of the matter is not having courage can keep you alive much longer. But...I suppose courage comes from love, an subject I'm even less knowledgeable on. But I cannot deny the truth that those who have something or someone they love are able to do extraordinary things."

"Your brother, Zekrom... what's he like?"

Reshiram stood as the Hydreigon asked her question. He opened his mouth, about to reply, when he noticed something...unusual. The girl's arm was glowing and some kind of...energy was coming off of it in waves. It almost felt like...a signal. "Get back." He called to the group as fire flared up around him. His eyes blazed with power as the weapon Kah activated revealed its power.

From above the crowd something flew into the circle of onlookers. A strange, disk-shaped, object which, as it neared Reshiram, began to unfold.

What came out of the disk was...unusual. The resembled a Gijinka, covered in purple armor and sporting some metallic object on its shoulder. However their eyes were void of emotion and there was an unnatural feeling about it.

Reshiram opened their mouth and an enormous column of fire erupted from the man. The creature stood still and the cannon on its shoulder whirred, turning blue, before firing out a blue blast of energy which struck Reshiram's attack and negated it.

Then the color shifted again, to a darker shade of blue, a Draconic color, and fired once more at Reshiram.

The crowd began to panic and scatter, Sebastian and a group of Psychics doing what they could to get people out safely. While this happened a group of Shadow Guard emerged and headed towards Reshiram with determination. They were stopped, however, by Sebastian. He called out towards the group in the middle. "Stop Kah, please, she's crazy! The Shadow Guard are trying to harm Reshiram, I can sense their intent, I'll keep them at bay but please you must help Reshiram!"

Team Karaoke, Day 27, Northshore

"DO YOU WANT TO TALK THIS OUT?!"

Kyogre had whipped her head towards the voice when Nine had spoken, and the glare she gave him was chilling. It was clear she was not a fan of his idea and it was made all the more clear when she attacked. Balls of energy formed in a semi-circle around her and, in a moment, blue energy shot towards Nine from each of them.

The Houndoom would feel himself tackled to the ground as Gwen put all her strength into knocking him over. As she landed on top of him he'd see the attack soar right over their bodies, where he had been standing. "I don't think...she's much of a talker." Gwen said, blushing a bit and moving off of the young man.

She stood up and took a deep breath. They'd really have to fight again, wouldn't they?

Fiona didn't have nearly as much of a hesitation. As soon as Kyogre began her attack she was moving. Any weakness she had showed before was nowhere to be seen as she jumped from piece of floating debris to debris. There was a lot of it scattered across the water and it, along with several nearby buildings, seemed the only way to get closer without falling into the water. As Fiona got closer she paused, within a couple dozen feet, and launched a Pin Missile attack at Kyogre.

The Legend took the hit and locked eyes with Fiona's. The Drapion was shaking but there was a ferocity in her gaze. She knew this was her only chance. She had to bring this Legend, one of the strongest, down, and then maybe...

The Cacturne from before noticed all this and seemed surprised. However he wasted no time in attacking, sending another Energy Ball at Kyogre as Fiona's attack distracted her.

Team Mac, Day 26, Weynon

"Well, we're here to basically rest and restock," Kazo explained. "Especially after our leader was poisoned. Hopefully, we'll be able to get those said supplies and get out of here tomorrow before that inn breaks my bank,

"Grace...we should help them." Astrid said softly.

"But, Astrid, you..." Grace bit her tongue, noticing the girl flinch at what she was about to say.

"It's doing no good, you know that, and I'd like to be able to help people."

"...Fine, but not all of it, we'll give you a few supplies." Grace relented.

"Yahoo! Thanks Astrid!" Mac said, about to go forward to give the Lilligant a hug. Grace, however, stopped her. She thrust her arm, glowing with green energy and looking sharp, between the two, shorter, Gijinka.

"You'll stay there." Grace said. "I'll get the supplies, Astrid, please go back to your room."

"I'd like...to talk, a little, if that's okay." Astrid said hesitantly. "I don't get to see many people..."

Grace was clearly not comfortable but, with a glare of warning towards Kazo, she went on. "Just until I return, I'll be quick."

Astrid looked at the group, and flushed red in embarrassment before coughing more. "Um..." She didn't seem to know what to do, or say, in this situation.

5bGoK6n.png

iU8EggM.png

"Ah well, that's what you get when you sleep most the day, little things slip your mind."

Little things? Jeez... Randy thought, shaking his head slightly. Keanu's laid back, but even he knows when to eat. He only sat in silence, letting Marie talk to the Pyroar for a bit. However, something immediately caught his ears as he had his gaze fixated on the Pyroar.

"Ya know, not many people come through this way these days. Seems most people are heading towards the bigger cities are staying locked up tight. Apparently Legends are dying left and right. Wonder what'll happen to this jungle, if she wakes up..."

She? he thought, before clearing his throat and broke the ice as the Pyroar's voice trailed off. "Excuse me, but who's 'she'?"

The Pyroar gave Randy a weird look. "You came here and don't even know? You're an odd bunch. I mean the Jungle's Goddess of Death of course."

"Goddess of Death?" Randy blinked a few times, before shaking his head with a sigh. "Can't say anyone mentioned that. The people in Northshore just...well...wanted us gone for 'spooking' the locals." he said, making quotation marks with his fingers when he said spooking.

"Ah, well, the locals are spookable, that's for sure, new things freak them out. It's why the city is built in the trees."

"City in the trees? Huh...that's pretty interesting." Randy nodded, crossing his arms slightly. "But, about that Goddess of Death, what's that about?"

"Ain't it pretty...self...self...don't it speak for itself? The Crimson Valkyrie, She Who Reaps Souls, get the picture? People have a more common name for her but I'm no good with names, titles, now those are easy."

"Huh...I see." Randy nodded, seeing he wasn't going to be able to get much more out of this guy about it. "Well hopefully she doesn't decide to want to wake up any time soon."

"She's been asleep for a long time." the Pyroar glanced back towards the north again. "But plenty of weird things going on these days."

"That is true." Randy chuckled with a nod. Well, he might as well enjoy the rest of the ride...it would be a little while longer...

x393wz.jpg

-Several Hours Later-

"Just follow that path there, you'll be there before an hour's up, and...try not to step on any snakes."

"Mahalo!" Randy said, as he and the group headed off in the direction that the Pyroar sent them off on.

However, they were suddenly surrounded not long after by quite an array of Gijinka. They were wearing strange masks, dressed in clothing made from vines, leaves, and hide. And to make things worse, one of the group stepped towards Randy and started speaking in a language that he couldn't understand in the slightest.

"Uhhh..." Randy blinked, trying his hardest to try and understand what was said, but couldn't understand squat. "Um...I think there's a language barrier here..." he said, moving his hands in front of him some.

When he did this, the one Randy was looking at begins to crouch when he moved his hands, and the others seem to stir a bit. This wasn't looking all too good.

"H-Hey..." Randy said, backing up some, seeing the one crouch down. "Let's not do anything hasty, aight? We're just passing through. Trying to get to Mowloo."

They talk among each other, gesturing at Randy, and then start to look over at Keanu and Marie.

"They're my friends...fri-ennnnnds..." the Incineroar said, trying to get that one point across. He wasn't sure what they were planning right now, but right now, he felt uneasy about this whole situation.

EOlaaCE.png?1

Nine's request to speak was met with less than ideal results. As the sea goddess glared at him, Nine felt almost frozen in place, seeing enormous orbs of aqueous energy form near the woman. As they were fired at Nine, he knew that taking a direct hit from that would, by itself, probably take him out, though, he felt his feet glued in place all the same. As he could merely stare in awe at the raw power the legend displayed, he suddenly felt the wind get knocked out of him as something had tackle into him, forcing him to the ground. Having avoided getting obliterated by Kyogre's attack, Nine let out a sigh of relief, before looking up and seeing Gwen there. A smile forming on his face, Nine said, "well, I can't say I'm used to being the one swept off my feet." After joking, the man started to get up, helping Gwen back up as well before saying, "thanks Gwen, I don't think I could've taken something like that directly. But hey, at least I'm not a liar." Joking once again, in spite of the direness of the situation, Nine felt oddly lighthearted. He wasn't quite sure what it was that was causing this feeling himself, but the best he could guess was that he had either grown far too comfortable with situations like these, or he was so nervous that he was forcing himself to make light of it. 

This lighthearted attitude, however, was immediately dashed as he saw Fiona jump to fight Kyogre...by herself. There were so many things Nine found to absolutely anger him with this that he said, "what the hell is she doing?" To make matters worse, the Cacturne had launched yet another energy ball at Kyogre, though she was not paying attention to it. Trying to stop it from wounding the legend, Nine fired off a dark pulse towards the ball, colliding with it. While his attack had managed to weaken the energy ball, it had not been able to stop it completely. The Cacturne looked over to Nine, briefly, only to then look at the sea goddess, who was now busy dealing with Fiona. Looking to Gwen, Nine said, "well, maybe he'll want to talk more." Nine did not believe that in the slightest. After telling Gwen that, Nine began to make his way towards the Cacturne, seeing how talk attempt number two would go down. As he kept walking he merely looked at the legend and Fiona saying, "Arceus help you, Lok." 

P1JjewJ.png?1

Marie was a bit unnerved by the whole talk that Randy had with the man. She didn't quite know what this whole death goddess business was about, and while she wanted to think that it was just superstition, it wasn't as if she wasn't familiar with her own region's gods. All the same, the group had eventually made their way off the raft and after getting some advice from the man she gave a wave saying, "bye, and thanks for the help Raft Guy." With that the group had began their trek through the woods. 

It this didn't last particularly long, as they were eventually beset by a group of strange gijinka in mask. Marie was immediately worried by this, and assumed that these were cannibals that had come to eat them. As such, she began to hide a bit behind Randy and Keanu, leaving Randy to be the one to talk with the man who stepped forth. As they started talking, it had seemed that the person couldn't understand Randy, and likewise neither Marie nor Randy was able to understand what was being said by them. However, as Randy spoke to them, Marie started to notice that they didn't seem to want to eat them, and that instead they were more scared than anything else. Thinking on it, Marie knew exactly what she had to do. Which was of course, break the ice. 

Walking up, she looked to Randy saying, "don't worry, I've got this." She seemed to pump herself up before looking to the figure before them. Taking out her deck of cards, the deck box being a bit ruined from the water but the cards themselves being still in usable conditions. Taking the cards out of the box, Marie held the deck out to him, saying, “here, take one. One. Take.” She points to the deck and then holds up 1 finger, repeating this process to get the point across.

The masked person seemed confused by this gesture, but, taking a card off the top, it then went to bite down on the card. 

Marie, startled by this, said, “no no no no. Look. Look at it. Not eat. Look.” She then went to make a biting motion towards her deck and then shakes her head. She then points to where she assumes their eyes are and then to the card and repeats this motion. The message coming across, the masked man looked at the card. Marie let out a sigh of relief at this, as she began to smile again and cheerily nod towards them. "Alright, now give it back.” She pointed to the card, then made a gesture towards herself, then pointed to herself. As the man gave the card back, stretching his arm out as far as possible to keep distance between him and Marie, the girl grabbed the card back. Being a bit bent, and wet, Marie wiped the card off with her shirt and straightening it out while muttering, "gross, gross." 

After that was done with the girl placed the card back in the deck, shuffling it a bit before looking to the masked person with a look of confidence and joy on her face. "Now prepare!" Waving her hand above the deck, she pulled the card from the top. "Is this your card?" Lo and behold, it was indeed the same card. The masked person grabbed the card excitedly, lifting it to the air as they began jumping up and down. The rest of the masked people jumped out, surrounding the girl as they leaned in. Marie jumped, a bit startled by this saying, "w-whoa." She then looked towards Randy, a prideful smile on her face as she looked back saying, "if you'd like I can show you all of it again." Remembering that they couldn't actually understand her, the girl just decided to go and show the trick again, pulling one card out from the deck and showing it to everyone. She then shuffled it back in, and showed them all the same card as before.

jOzNrUn.png

Poké: 290
Inventory: Poke Puff Bag (empty), Berry Case (empty)
From above, something fell down into the crowd. A disk, which unfolded to reveal a very... odd-looking gijinka. Just what was it? Whatever it was, it was putting her off just a little bit. Kah could figure that out later. For now, her attention turned to Reshiram. Whatever this thing was that had come down from the skies, it was capable of fighting Reshiram, as the cannon on its back changed colors, firing different types of attacks at the dragon of truth.

"Stop Kah, please, she's crazy! The Shadow Guard are trying to harm Reshiram, I can sense their intent, I'll keep them at bay but please you must help Reshiram!"

I wish. If I was crazy, I wouldn't regret what I'm about to do.

There's no way he can stop my attack AND one from that thing. With that thought in mind, Kah decided now was the best time to shoot at Reshiram. The Hydreigon pointed her hand toward Reshiram, charging and soon firing off a dark blue pulse of dragon power, not unlike her sudden ally's own attack. As much as she didn't want to take her eyes off the main target, Kah had to make her intent clear to the group that had just recently gotten into Mioter.

"The rest of you better stay out of this!" Kah exclaimed. "This is between me, Reshiram, and... whatever that thing is! That goes for you Shadow Guard lot, too! I can take care of myself."

rSmNb2O.png

"Maybe we should back off," Fawkes suggested, already taking the first few steps away from the sudden action.

Icecrown Team Showdown

"You must be the leader of this group, young Scizor, if your excitable friend would be Kyogre I feel you would do well studying under Cobalion...wherever that trio has gone off to...Of course, you'd need to grow...so much stronger." She was caught off guard by this. Cobalion had been who she was chasing this whole time, and now one of the strongest legendaries was saying she should study under her hero... she couldn't help but let out a please giggle. He seemed to want to say more, but was cut off by Tianzi speech. His... or her, maybe... Scarlet wasn't sure anymore, but she'd stick with Tianzi being a boy for now. His opinions on the state of the legends was one that Scarlet had heard often, although none of the travelers she had met seemed to have murderous intentions for them. It was a bit scary, thinking that Tianzi could of became a Godslayer herself had her life gone differently. S

"Uh...pardon me for acting so erratically so far." Still, he seemed to want to side with them for now. "I had been tagging with you three the past few days, yet I ended up not contributing much, if at all. With us going for the same goal now, I will do my best to support you three in anything from now on." Scarlet nodded, flashing the Xatu her pincer for a fist bump. However, before she could, Rayquaza voiced his opinions on Tianzi's speech. Before Scarlet could say anything, Rayquaza got off of his throne and, in a blink of an eye, whisked Tianzi away. Scarlet nearly fell from the force of the wind, turning to the others that were still in the room.

"I... er..." Isole was the first to speak, a look on her face saying that she was still trying to process everything that had just happened. Scarlet felt a bit bad for the girl, although it didn't take long for her to return to her normal demeanor. "For now I'll stay." Scarlet nodded.

"I'll make sure nothing happens to you Isole. I promise." Addressing the rotom, she turned to Taiga. "A young Kyogre, huh? Well, if there was any legend I'd compare you to, it'd probably be that too." She chuckled a bit, before turning her gaze back to the door. "I hope Tianzi is ok..."

Eventually Rayquaza returned with Tianzi still in one piece, causing Scarlet to let out a sigh of relief upon seeing them. "The Legendaries have much responsibility. Responsibility that we owe to no one to uphold." Scarlet could feel the anger radiating from him. "We do it because, despite the mess it is, we love this world." Somehow, the message wasn't very reassuring. "Stay the night here, tomorrow I will give you your first task." With much anger, the legend left, leaving the group with Magearna.

The metallic girl apologized, and offered to take them to their room, when a sudden roar interrupted her. "Oh dear they're practicing again aren't they...No need to worry, those are just more...guests, they won't bother you." Being bad at reassurance seemed to be a common trend with legendaries. Scarlet simply shook her head.

"He's not always like that, I hope." She chuckled, although there was a hint of nervousness in her voice. She could only hope they had made the right decision.

Adarid Team Karaoke

As Nine shouted at the pair of fighters, Lok shook his head. He was tempted to just clock Nine then and there to keep his mouth shut; just what was he hoping to accomplish!? The Legend didn't even seem to be able to talk! Lok saw in fear what he had expected to happen; a volley of water being launched right at Nine. Luckily, Gwen pushed the houndoom out of the way before the orbs could hit him. He overheard the short exchange between the two - how could they be so casual at a time like this!? It didn't matter, they were now directly involved in this fight. Fiona jumped into the fray without hesitation to attack the legend. The Cacturn, taking advantage of the new distraction, also launched an attack at the Kyogre. Lok turned to Nine, who was also attacking... or at least, he thought he was, before seeing the Dark Pulse hit the Energy Ball.

"Are you actively trying to piss off both of them!?" Lok blurted out in frustration, missing the time back when he was racing Rei. Maybe he should of hitched a ride with them instead... they probably weren't dealing with a legend. He shook his head, trying to think of what to do. Nine seemed to be trying to talk to the Cacturn instead of the legend, although after blocking his attack like that Lok imagined the other gijinka wouldn't be too thrilled about that. As Nine made his way there, however, he overhead something.

"Arceus help you, Lok." 

Lok scoffed. "If Arceus is anything like her, I'd rather they don't." He responded, before returning his gaze back to the Kyogre and Fiona. Determined that diplomacy wasn't going to be enough, he decided that he'd go help Fiona out however he could. While Kyogre's gaze was off of him, he decided to try and run towards her, firing off a Will-o-Wisp aimed for the legend. He wasn't much of a fighter, but he could at least try and make sure Fiona doesn't get killed.

"Grace...we should help them." Astrid said softly.

"But, Astrid, you..." Kazo tilted his head. Exactly how sick was this girl? Was she... dying? That was sad... it made him sad.

"It's doing no good, you know that, and I'd like to be able to help people."

"...Fine, but not all of it, we'll give you a few supplies." Grace relented.

"Yahoo! Thanks Astrid!" Mac was about to invade some personal space, but she was rejected by Grace.

"You'll stay there." Grace said. "I'll get the supplies, Astrid, please go back to your room."

"I'd like...to talk, a little, if that's okay." Astrid said hesitantly. "I don't get to see many people..." Grace was clearly not comfortable but, with a glare of warning towards Kazo, (Why him?!?!?!) she went on. "Just until I return, I'll be quick."

Astrid looked at the group, and flushed red in embarrassment before coughing more. "Um..." She didn't seem to know what to do, or say, in this situation. Kazo rubbed his head. It was a good thing he was more comfortable with kids. With a sigh, he sat on the ground, patting the ground next to him to invite her to sit. Whether or not she took the invitation, he decided to talk.

"Well, let me introduce ourselves," Kazo said. "She's our fearless leader, Mac," He had a thumb up in the girl's direction before moving it to Ari. "This is the cute one, and the helpful one, Ari," He then finally, he pointed at himself. "And I'm the one that has no idea what he's doing, Kazo. We're a group of Chasers, chasing adventure across the land," Best keep it simple, right?

Fawkes asked a question about courage, which was something Denku wished he could answer. Although, he was sure he didn't have courage... what he had was recklessness and no fear of death. That was similar, but different from courage... they didn't have time to ponder this, however, as Kah appeared... and... summoned some sort of creature, who began to attack Reshiram.

"Stop Kah, please, she's crazy! The Shadow Guard are trying to harm Reshiram, I can sense their intent, I'll keep them at bay but please you must help Reshiram!" Sebastian called out.

"The rest of you better stay out of this!" Kah exclaimed. "This is between me, Reshiram, and... whatever that thing is! That goes for you Shadow Guard lot, too! I can take care of myself."

"Maybe we should back off," Fawkes suggested, already taking the first few steps away from the sudden action. 

"You and Dora should go. Maybe take Brooke with you," Denku said as he cracked his knuckles. "As for me...," he took a step forward towards Kah before mentioning to her. "If you really met my brother, then you would know his answer. And mine," With that, he activated his gas propulsion, sending him into the air as he charged a Dark Pulse in his fist, rocketing at the metal monster to punch it with his attack.

Archived