Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

"S-So, are you guys enjoying the festival so far?"

Ah, it's the Rotom from yesterday. Perhaps he would recognize her?

"Well...there's not much to enjoy just yet." After Alleria answered the Rotom's greeting, she noticed that the masked performer, who called herself Shizu, had been registered herself on the competition while the two of them were talking. Perhaps she should also do it too...

“Oh hello there young Rotom; I’m very glad to see you’re alright.

Yes it’s quite the exciting event, it’s Absol-utely fantastic, teehee.”

That's the kind of joke that would legitimately push Alleria into an Outrage, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut she's in a way too good of a mood to be mad right now. Giving a quick glare with an awkward smile at Gwen, the Altaria then sighed before going to the counter to register herself in the competition. It would start soon, after all.

The festival would soon start proper, and-

"Morning Alli! Who are these two gijinkas you're chatting with?"

"Good morning to you too! Finally woke up?" And the girl that she has been waiting for has finally arrived. Giving her warmest smile at Himiko, with how she looked, it's clear that she just woke up, and she looked like she's been running from her home to the place as fast as she could, probably forgoing breakfast altogether. Alleria chuckled a bit.

"I'll go register you for the competition, but you should go find something to eat now and get a bit of rest now. Can't perform well with empty stomach, no?" After saying that, she bowed to the three other people present before going back to the counter to register Himiko. Thankfully, it was still open, and thus she could get her in.

"Well...

The fun's just getting started, isn't it?"

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Yes, it's quite the exciting event, it's Absol-utely fantastic, teehee." Those were the first words Whisper heard as she returned to the steadily growing group, and she damn near had a heart attack as a result. There was no way that this Mismagius could have known something like that about her! It... it had to be a coincidence. At the same time though, there was something oddly familiar about this one. It was hard to place, and the girl's name, now that she thought of it, only made her seem more like someone who had a place in the Assassin's past. Just as she was trying to decide whether or not to question "Gwenny," another new arrival appeared.

"Morning Alli! Who are all these gijinkas you're chatting with?" A Chimecho, and a young priestess by the look of her. It was mostly out of habit, and partly out of honest respect for the girl's station, that she dipped into a bow upon the girl's arrival. She preferred not to lie to one of the priesthood, so she remained silent instead of introducing herself. Of course there was also an unfortunate coincidence, that being that the priestess was going to participate in the contest as well. Not that Whisper was especially interested in the contest itself, but she did not want the girl potentially coming to harm if her mark made a move when she was on stage. So, she spoke up.

"Priestess," she began, a respect beyond simple professionalism in her voice, with that mask of hers turned to face the girl, "would you perhaps be interested in competing alongside me in the competition? I am already registered, and competing as a group would give a better chance of victory when matched against the others present. You needn't worry about my impeding your ability either." To demonstrate her point, she spun her bass guitar around into her hands and quickly played an instrumental excerpt from "The Phases of the Moon" a ballad telling the tale of the strange relationship between Darkrai and Cresselia. It happened to be an especially popular song to play during Adarid's celebration of the New Year.

Oasis

"Naturally of course, you seem to be in peak physical condition!  Almost better than mine if I do say so myself.  Too bad you're a little on the slow side huh?  That chrome dome of yours must really weigh you down!  FUFUFUFUUUU!"  She shrugged, chuckling a bit at the comment. Normally, she would take offense to this due to her dash ability making her plenty fast. However, Sharpedo are know to be even faster, so she was in no position to argue about speed here. Taiga snickered alongside her. "Maybe after we ditch this town, you and I can go lookin' for some more trouble huh?" 

"Sure. It has been a while since I traveled with someone, and I'v-" before she could finish her sentence, Mac had struck Taiga right in the face. "Who’s the chump now, chump!...What’s a chump?” she said angrily. "Mac!" She said dismissivly, although she couldn't help but snicker a bit at the whole ordeal, especially at Taiga's reaction. She would of felt bad about it, except that it seemed that after a while she took it relatively well.

"Nope, nope, nope," The young Gabite had gotten up from the table "I can't, I just can't, I'm out," He grabbed the tip of an invisible hat as he began to moonwalk towards the counter where the food was being served. He grabbed himself a plate and moonwalked to the stairs. She thought she could hear a slight hum coming from him, but she wasn't completely sure. Either way, she could help but let out a small chuckle at his reaction to the whole ordeal.

Juyu

Gwen smiled fondly at the Rotom. He was such a bundle of energy and it was refreshing to see, especially after the fighting the other day. He reminded her of the children back at Alpha...quite a lot, actually. He even enjoyed her joke, happy day indeed!
Even if the others seemed to not quite take it as well. She brushed off the awkwardness when Lok told her about Wally.

“Oh, thank you child, that’s very helpful.” Gwen wondered why Wally would have been talking to the Zangeese. Was there more trouble? Seeing as the sheriff was making her rounds Gwen doubted it but just to be safe. “Say, stay close alright? I don’t want anything untoward happening on such a nice day.”

A new girl came up then, a young one probably around Lok’s age, and spoke to the Altaria. Perhaps a friend? Well that was good, every young Gijinka should have a friend to stick with in this world of theirs. She smiled warmly at the girl and introduced herself, but they seemed distracted currently. It looked like that they were all settled, so perhaps it was time to go find Wally.

So focused on looking towards the crowd in an attempt to pick out the Empoleon, she didn’t realize the strangely dressed woman had returned. She did, however, notice the music she began to play. A song about Cresselia and Darkrai...A very popular one, though not so much in Alpha...and...what was that? She shook her head as several images flashed in her mind, memories? No, she didn’t recognize these memories, they shouldn’t be here... Gwen closed her eyes tight and then opened them. Nothing had changed. Everything was as it was prior.

Must have been her imagination. “Well if you’ll excuse me I’ll be off to find my friend. Lok, if you would care to accompany me I’d appreciate that.” Gwen said sweetly. She then made her way to the crowd. There were so many people, and she had to struggle to keep from getting knocked around. A particularly large Gijinka bumped into her and her bag slipped. Out of it spilled a small pillow. Gwen swooped down hurriedly to pick it up. Checking anxiously to make sure it was alright she put it back in her bag.

Laughing awkwardly she said “Sorry about that, this pillow is important to me.” It was one of the few things she brought from home. Though, she didn’t remember having it before she left. She assumed she just hadn’t used it until packing for the trip, and left it at that. But it was a bit of an oddity. One reason she held onto it was to figure out where it came from when she returned home.

Gwen stretched her neck, calling out for Wally as she did, floating around the outskirts of the crowd until...Ah! Perfect! “Miss Wally, I’m so glad to see you again!” She said eagerly, rushing over to the other girl. “It looks like things are just about underway here.”

Still Juyu

A short time passed and the sign ups ended, everyone was waiting excitedly for the start of the competition. The contestants were now gathered in their area, and Gwen chuckled as she saw some now familiar faces. She hadn’t realized but she was bouncing up and down as she waited, being quite excited for the event as well. Blushing Gwen stopped herself, hoping no one else had seen. It was getting dark so she might’ve gotten lucky.

The old man from the sign ups earlier came to the stage. He placed a strange device on some kind of stand. It had a conical head with a slightly glowing gem attached to the narrow end. “Hello and welcome one and all to the Juyu music festival singing competition!” His voice, somehow, was amplified by the device and even in the back they could hear him clearly. A fantastic device that was perfect for such an event. Those not used to these festivals seemed to be impressed just by this, and everyone cheered and clapped at the man’s words.

He laughed joyfully at this and clapped along with them. “Very good very good, it does this old heart proud to see so many energetic Gijinka. And for good reason! We have quite the turnout this week. Let’s hear it for our competitors who are confident and brave enough to test their skills!” Another pause for applause as the man gestured towards the competitors. “Now without further ado, I will explain how this will work. The singers will get whatever accompanying music they need, that we can provide. I shall judge each singer, with my two co-judges. We will not tell our scores until the very end. This isn’t about the scores after all it’s about the performance am I right!? And of course we will take into account the most important judges, you! So be sure to cheer on your favorites with all your might! And now, ladies and gentlemen, the first contestant!”

He bowed and left the stage, and the first singer took his place. They sung a nice and energetic
. The singing was nothing all too special but they still were met with a nice round of applause for their courage, and they seemed relieved once it ended.

The next few singers were a mix of good, decent, and a couple terrible. Though they all shared one thing in common. They all were having a good time, and it seemed reflected in the crowd as well.  A trio of small. Electric type, girls came, giggling, onto the stage and attempted to sing but kept interrupting each other with giggle fits and in the end had to leave the stage.

It had started to get a bit darker by then, and several Gijinka were now hovering around the outskirts, holding up lanterns to give light to those watching. The mood was still going strong, and people were swaying and cheering and talking excitedly.
Gwen fond herself leaning towards Wally as this went on, and bumped her accidentally. “Aha, sorry about that, it’s...this is so wonderful isn’t it? I uh...oh wait she looks familiar!”

The girl coming onto the stage now was none other than the famous singer of NidoQueen. The roar of the crowd as she stepped onto the stage was nearly deafening, and it took several minutes for things to calm down enough for her to talk. “Hello Juyu! Thanks for the warm welcome, I take it you know who I am!” More cheers. “But right now that doesn’t matter. I’m not here as a professional singer, I’m here to compete against all these others, so time to show you what I’ve got!” She immediately broke into song, one of her more
. And Gwen had to admit she was GOOD.

The crowd was totally wild after the performance, and Gwen was sure the next competitors would be extremelty nervous. But, surprisingly, they didn’t seem to be worried at all. A Watchdog and Pignite Gijinka were up next, singing a lively
. Gwen smiled widely, their happiness was contagious. Though the song seemed to be missing..something, she couldn’t lion, er, lie, about that. Still, it was a wonderful performance.

She looked over towards Lok, to get his opinion. It seemed like the kind of thing younger Gijinka would like and she was on the lookout for that kind of thing. Perhaps she could get better at looking after kids that way. “That was certainly unexpected, wasn’t it?” She prompted.

Though what came next was something quite...something. A beautiful young Mawile came onto the stage. She seemed shy but determined and Gwen couldn’t help but root for her. She reached the middle, tapped the advice, cleared her throat, and began to
and Gwen’s jaw dropped when they began, totally blown away by the voice that came out of that feminine Gijinka.

The crowd seemed similarly stunned, though no one could say it wasn’t very well sung. And so the cheers following the Mawile off the stage were quite something.
Coming up next was a pair of rather...droopy looking Absol Gijinka. Two skinny boys with their hair covering one eye. The song wasn’t quite Gwen’s thing but it wasn’t horrible and was well received. Once they were finished they just sighed deeply and shrugged before heading off. Gwen looked over at the dwindling group of contestants, eagerly awaiting to see what was next....

Oasis

Mac bounced on the balls of her feet, taking a few fake punches at the air as Taiga rubbed her nose. She did it, direct hit, that was so cool! Mac waved off the Scizor’s chiding tone, grinning at her without a trace of guilt. She was ready and raring to go...aaaand Taiga wasn’t.

"Ey....what's your name twerp.  Don't think you're so big and bad just cause you got a sucker punch off on me!  I ain't gonna let that slide, so you either make it up to me somehow, or you're gonna end up like this table!"

“Ha, I’m Mac, you better remember that name! Cause I’m gonna be the one to defeat ALL the Legends, just you watch! And I don’t gotta make up nothing to you but, I suppose once I become a Legend I can spare a favor or two.” Mac posed for a moment, giving Taiga a cheeky grin, and let the words sink in.

“I know more about the Legends than anyone I bet! Like did you know Meloetta can sing any song that ever was, is, and will be? And that the Regi trio barely ever talk, and are pretty much mute? Oh oh oh or that there’s some Legends that were created by GIJINKA. Isn’t that crazy? Anyway, as you can tell I’m kiiiinda an expect so if you expect to beat me to the Legends you’re gonna have to step it...uh, up.”

The stutter at the end was due to the Gabite flipping his lid and heading out in a rather...unusual fashion. “Oh heeeeck no you don’t!” Mac said. “You all stay right there I’m gonna get the sad sack.” There was really no reason to think they'd listen but Mac spoke with confidence anyway. She took a step towards the door, paused, grabbed Ari by the arm. “You too, up and at em!” Mac charged out of the building, looking about wildly, her frills whipping about, until figuring out where big blue had gone.

She strode confidently up to him and, fists on her hips, spoke. “Hey, what was that? You think you’re getting away that easily? You’re my lackey now, I said I was in charge didn’t I? Well I meant it mister, now eat up we gotta head out soon!” Mac paused, realizing one issue. She had no idea where she was going to go.
She looked over at Ari. “Ehe, soooo you were talking to, talking to...um, that...guy, before he, ya know...er. Did he say anything useful?”

Back at the inn, Taiga was getting a stern talking to by a withered old female Vibrava who seemed quite intent on nearly smacking her with the wooden spoon she wielded with ferocity. The food that had finally finished was being kept at a table as far away from the Sharpedo as possible, guarded by annoyed and worried young Ground types.

"I'll go register you for the competition, but you should go find something to eat now and get a bit of rest now. Can't perform well with empty stomach, no?"

"Well, you're right." Himiko said, but, before she could go and assault the food stands, an Absol Gijinka was in front of her.

"Priestess, would you perhaps be interested in competing alongside me in the competition? I am already registered, and competing as a group would give a better chance of victory when matched against the others present. You needn't worry about my impeding your ability either." The Absol said as she bowed down. "Oh, well, it's a pleasure to meet you, and don't worry, bowing down isn't necessary." She said with a smile. "Well, you could, but i'm not sure, we'd have to ask Alli, if she's okay, then sure! Now if u excuse me i shall find something to eat before the festival officially starts." She said as she headed to the food stands to eat something not too heavy, after all, performing after eating an entire banquet would probably lead to vomit, or worse...

The contest was starting and some contestants already started performing different songs.

Juyu

Cold Crown Wallenstein

"Oh, Gwen! You're just in time! Take a seat, take a seat, they're starting soon." Wallenstein patted a free seat next to her right. Unexpectedly the ghost girl seemed to be at least as equally excited for the performance as she was, as she hurriedly and promptly sat down.

The competition began.

An announcer came up on stage and showed off the sound amplification device and for her life Wallenstein couldn't figure out how it worked. It was like some kind of technology from the future made just to amplify singing and was perfect for the stage. Now all she needed was a glowing baton to wave along with the crowd to the music.

The first performer came on, he sang alright, she wanted to 'clap along' a bit. He left and was replaced by the next singer. And then the next. And the next. One of them sang a song that made her want to go on a very long boat ride even.

Then just as she felt Gwen bump her head towards herself, the long-awaited moment came. nidoQueen's singer stepped on the stage. The Nidoqueen singer, Fran Venus, often nicknamed 'Miss Bad Girl', swept the voice-amplifying stand off its feet and held it with both her hands. It was her time to shine. Wallenstein joined in the cheering and contemplated shouting something along the lines of 'I love you' but refrained. "SING 'DON'T STOP ME NOW'!"

Instead, Fran one of her less preferred songs but nevertheless, Wallenstein loved it. She glanced towards Gwen and saw she was very much enjoying the beauty of nidoQueen's voice as well. "What a shame! If only she sang Don't Stop Me Now, you would surely understand not just the inherent beauty in Fran's voice but also the energy! The explosion! No other song brought out the life of her vocals better than that!" Wallenstein continued on, ignoring the singers that came afterwards. She could go on for days about why Fran Venus's voice was a gift from a goddess and so on...

Juyu

"Well...there's not much to enjoy just yet." turning to the Altaria, she seemed very familiar to Lok, although he couldn't quite put his finger on why this was. Whatever it was, he didn't have much time to ponder over it, as a young Chimecho seemed to join the party. "Morning Alli! Who are these two gijinkas you're chatting with?" Lok waved at her. It didn't seem like she was paying much attention, however, as she was more focused on both the Altaria and the hooded figure, who had started playing a song about Cresselia and Darkrai. He had heard one of the kids talk about something similar back at Alpha, but he didn't really recognize it.

“Well if you’ll excuse me I’ll be off to find my friend. Lok, if you would care to accompany me I’d appreciate that.” Lok turned to the Mismagius and nodded his head. Without wasting a second, the two were heading head first into the crowd, assumingly to find the empoleon. The crowd was very condensed, and Lok struggled to both not get knocked over and follow the Mismagius. It seemed that the Mismagius also had difficulty, as a large gijinka bumped into her, causing the contents of her bag to spill. Notably, a small pillow came out. It must of been important to her, as she anxiously and swiftly checked on it. “Sorry about that, this pillow is important to me.” She let out a nervous laugh. The pillow had gotten Lok curious, but before he think of a question to ask about it they were off again.

Eventually, they ended up finding the Empoloen, who the Mismagius had refereed to as 'Miss Wally'. Lok sat next to the Mismagius, who was sitting next to the Empoleon. It seemed that they had gotten there right on time, as the show started shortly after. Lok had his eyes completely fixated on the stage, his hands in front of him clapping. As the singers performed one by one, Lok seemed to get more and more excited and immersed in the competition, letting out 'OOO's and 'AAA's while applauding even the less than stellar performances.

Oasis

A lot had happened in a short while. First that yellow girl, Mac, had punched the blue woman, Taiga. Then the lady started sniffling, and Ari didn't know what to do.

"I know more about the Legends than anyone I bet! Like did you know Meloetta can sing any song that ever was, is, and will be? And that the Regi trio barely ever talk, and are pretty much mute? Oh oh oh or that there’s some Legends that were created by GIJINKA. Isn’t that crazy? Anyway, as you can tell I’m kiiiinda an expect so if you expect to beat me to the Legends you’re gonna have to step it...uh, up."

"Whoa, really?" the lion cub gasped. "That's sooo cool. Tell me more! Tell me more!" he leaned forward, and his tail started to thump the seat in excitement. In his distraction, he didn't notice Kazo leaving, though he did notice when Mac grabbed his arm and charged after the blue man. "You too, up and at em!"

"What am I, a sack of meat?" Ari grumbled to himself, but went along with her anyway.

When they finally caught up with Kazo, Mac put her hands on her hips. "Hey, what was that? You think you’re getting away that easily? You’re my lackey now, I said I was in charge didn’t I? Well I meant it mister, now eat up we gotta head out soon!"

Ari blinked. Lackey? Did that include him? Either way, he wasn't sure how to handle this. He himself had never had lackeys, though maybe Tiana would count as one? Nah...she always beat him in fights. What kind of boss can be beaten up by his lackeys? He stared at the two again. Kazo was probably stronger but...he was blue, so he was...water right? And electricity was strong against water. So...maybe that's why he was her lackey?

"Ehe, soooo you were talking to, talking to...um, that...guy, before he, ya know...er. Did he say anything useful?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah. He mentioned he had a family...and, uh..." the lion scratched his head. "Uhh...something about a legendary! In a cave! Uhh...to the east?" his voice had risen in excitement but fell back down to a normal volume at the end. "There was something else too...but...I forgot," he stared at his toes. He had gotten so caught up in turning the man to grass that he had forgotten a lot of what he had said. "I-I'll probably remember more later!" he stammered.

AfoYVVt.png

Poke: 350

Inventory: Poke Puff Bag, Berry Case (contains one Haban Berry and one Sitrus Berry), Dragon Gem x1, Breast Pad x2 (C-cup, equipped)

"You say that like the Scyther was strong to begin with when he was nothing more than a coward."

"Don't misunderstand.  He was stronger than that faker, yes, but that bug was still weak all the same.  If I see him, rest assured he'll be put back into place."

For now, however, there was something more...interesting going on.  That Gabite had just said that he was done and out of here, stood up, and began moonwalking out of the room.  That in and of itself was of minimal concern overall.  What caught her attention was that the pair of runts followed him out.  Those two she had to keep an eye on.  The electric one was going to get herself killed someday if she kept on going as she had, and the fire one...Kah couldn't put her finger on it, but there was something about that kid.

Scooping up the last of her fourth serving, satisfied with calling it a small meal for now, Kah followed in the direction the runts had gone.  They were chatting back and forth about chasing down a legendary gijinka.  In a cave to the east?  There was always that off-chance her target Reshiram was there too.  Not only would these runts get themselves killed challenging it, but in the unfathomable event that they actually beat Reshiram and Kah wasn't there...she wasn't willing to accept that possibility.

"I'm coming too," Kah said from behind the two runts.  "The three of you will get yourselves killed if you're actually going to challenge this rumored legendary.  Plus, I have business to settle with a legendary gijinka myself."

"Ah...she left."

Finishing the registration, Alleria returned to the group to see that the Rotom and Mismargius had left, leaving the masked performer and Himiko, though after talking a bit, Himiko soon left to grab some food. At least, she got to hear what the two of them were talking about, so she decided to approach the masked performer to give her answer, as Himiko said she should.

"Well...honestly, I felt like going in alone. It's just...I don't know, I feel like even me and Himiko hadn't practiced enough together, though I guess if it's with her we could work on something when on the stage.

As they said, the more is the merrier, but in a show what's important is the harmony of all the performers. So I guess there's that. I'm sorry, miss."

The competition soon started, and the performing contestants started to play. Some were good, some were less than stellar, but most were quite enjoyable, a good way for Alleria to calm herself down for her own performance. She was still unsure on going with Himiko due to the reason she said earlier, but in the end she decided to wait on her anyway since it would be nice for her to learn on complementing the foreigner's dance on the fly, and since it would be rude to suddenly change the plan anyway.

Although, she kinda forgot on what song was she supposed to sing here.

Kazo got his head out of the ground, shaking the sand out of his hair right before he heard the voice of his 'leader' calling out to him. Oh great, this was gonna be fun...

"Hey, what was that? You think you’re getting away that easily? You’re my lackey now, I said I was in charge didn’t I? Well I meant it mister, now eat up we gotta head out soon!" It took one look at the young girl to see that she had noidea where she was going. As if to confirm his thoughts, she turned to Ari to ask. "Ehe, soooo you were talking to, talking to...um, that...guy, before he, ya know...er. Did he say anything useful?"Kazo took a bite of his food as he waited for an answer. Oh sweet Mew... this food tasted amazing. The flavors just rushed into his mouth, and it was so juicy and mouth watering.

"Huh? Oh, yeah. He mentioned he had a family...and, uh..."the lion scratched his head."Uhh...something about a legendary! In a cave! Uhh...to the east?"his voice had risen in excitement but fell back down to a normal volume at the end."There was something else too...but...I forgot,"the young cub stared at his toes. "I-I'll probably remember more later!" he stammered.

"Hey, you did a good job remembering that," He says as he rubbed Ari's head. He kept eating, because, man, this meat is amazing.

"I'm coming to," Kah said from behind the group, startling Kazo. "The three of you will get yourselves killed if you're actually going to challenge this rumored legendary. Plus, I have business to settle with a legendary gijinka myself." Business with a legendary? Sounded like it was not going to be a good time.

"D-don't y-you think w-we're being hasty?" Kazo asked, inwardly cursing his stuttered."I-I mean, besides... her...,"He motioned to Kah."W-we're kinda on the lower side of the p-power scale. We need to get better, don't you think?" It made sense to him at least. He finally finished up his meal, waiting for Mac's decision.

Oasis

Mac cringed when Ari mentioned a family, but her attention was grabbed by his next words. A Legend? So close? Really? How had she never known? She knew exactly where those caves were, probably about three days away. They could reach there soon if they got going!

Mac was jumping in place as Ari finished his report, and she bounced over and gave him a big hug. “Good work lackey number one! With this we’re one step ahead of the rest, yahoo!” She pulled back and patted his head, grinning ear to ear.

"I'm coming too. The three of you will get yourselves killed if you're actually going to challenge this rumored legendary.  Plus, I have business to settle with a legendary gijinka myself."

Mac tilted her head towards the voice. Oops had they been too loud? Some woman had come up while they were talking and butted right into it. Who did she think she was? Wait, she was at the place right? Something something....Mac couldn’t remember, but she had said something mean earlier. Mac remembered that much. She would’ve turned her down but maybe this could work out? She’d at least try, and if it didn’t they’d just ditch her or something.

“If you want our help you can just ask, sure we’ll let you tag along, it’ll be great!”

"D-don't y-you think w-we're being hasty? I-I mean, besides... her...,W-we're kinda on the lower side of the p-power scale. We need to get better, don't you think?"

“WHAT? Lackey number two, are you kiddin’ me? We’re plenty strong! We can take this Legend no big deal, one two three, it’s gonna be easy! Trust me I could probably do it myself but together we’ll be unstoppable!” She held out her hand towards Kazo, laughing and smiling. “C’mon it’s an adventure! We can go right now!” It was clear Mac wanted to leave right then right there, she was almost literally shining with energy, and her eyes blazed with determination.

Still Oasis

“And another thing, you think these tables are cheap? They’re not, you stupid guppy. They’re not meant to be your snack!” Breathing heavily the old Vibrava woman finished berating the Sharpedo. She looked around at the much diminished room and said “Now, who wants pie?” She brought out a pair of pies from behind the counter. “Once upon a time these pies were legendary. Not like the Legends of course, though I bet they would love it to if they came around anymore...but it’s been a long time since I saw any. Last time was near Fryst, though, I wasn’t supposed to see him. Truth be told I can be a bit of a trouble-maker, kekeke. Oh dear me I don’t think I was supposed to mention that either, ignore this old lady.”

Several days away from Oasis.

“My my my, you say we can’t go in?” The Gardevoir tilted her head one way, then the other, looking at a large Snorlax standing outside a cave.

“That’s right little lady.” He rumbled. “Can’t let you pass by just like that, this cave’s not for just anyone. Even if it’s two strong looking Gijinka like yourselves.”He nodded at the Scyther, Edgelord, with a slight grimace on his face.

“You dare to stand in my way!” Edgelord cried out, before the Gardevoir put a hand on his shoulder.
“Now now, let’s go, I’m sure there’s...something that will come up if we give it time. I don't want to kill this strapping man right now.” With that she, and the Scyther, vanished. leaving the Snorlax alone in front of the cave.

He shuddered. “Those two are f***ed up, hope they stay far away. Their kind can’t be let anywhere near the inside of this cave....”

Juyu

Gwen was pleasantly surprised when Wally went off on a lecture about the band the woman was from. She had heard that they had a large and loyal fanbase but it was fascinating to see it in person. She nodded along with Wally’s words, keeping sure to pay attention to both her and the singers. “It sounds like you really like them, that’s wonderful, maybe I could see a full show of theirs at some point.” She left that hanging, the implication of if she wanted to do that with Wally left up to interpretation. Gwen wasn’t too good at this and she didn’t want to push things too far.

She was happy to see Lok enjoying himself. She patted him on the back and smiled kindly at him, inquiring what he thought so far, before looking back at the stage. She had noticed some familiar faces waiting for their turn, and was excited to find out when they would come on.

Still Juyu

Heather wasn’t watching the stage anymore. She was watching the competitors. She was surprised to see the Weavile she had Kayla tracking. And over there was a girl that somewhat resembled the Altaria she had been told about. The Absol was no where to be seen, had she known these two would be right here she would’ve told Kayla to search for that one.

There were plenty of suspicious characters in that group, but as she knew Kayla was watching, she wasn’t too concerned. She kept ready, and made sure to keep the contestants in her vision, but otherwise didn’t do anything.

She completely missed that another was intensely watching the contestants, a Camerupt that seemed to be searching for someone...

Whisper only nodded when the Alleria made her comment about requiring harmony among the performers. It was a fair point to make. There were members among the order she would never work with simply because their styles differed to the point of making it all but impossible to form a proper team. So, with a simple bow of her head, she slipped away from where their little group had gathered and, with her bass guitar in hand, went to stand with the rest of the performers awaiting their turn.

The competition had been going fairly well so far, but there was no sign of Whisper's quarry making an appearance thus far. The closest she'd seen was that single Camerupt making a fuss over at the signups. Sighing, the Assassin was considering giving up on finding the bugger just yet. Still, it had been an enjoyable showing so far. Perhaps not everything fit within her musical preferences, and that bit with the Mawile had her wanting to murder everyone within arm's reach, but it was proving worth her time so far. As the pair of lanky-looking Absols finished their song, she was given her cue by one of the stage hands to let her know that it was her turn to take the stage.

The crowd was silent, out of fear or shock she couldn't quite say, as she stepped onto the stage and looked down at them with that garish mask on her face. She stood for but a few moments, before seating herself and resting the guitar in her lap. She took a deep breath, mentally considering at the last moment which of the songs to perform, making a few experimental strums of the strings to ensure that the sound was to her liking. When she was satisfied, and she had decided on her song, she set into strumming out a tune that very few in the crowd would have any reason to know. She kept with only the instrumental for a time, before she opened her mouth and sang in a somber tone.

"Out in blackest night I watch in silence

Where vi-o-lence does wait, for you

A thousand miles from home I'm coming after

The curs-ed fool who has, incurred

Wrath that is enough to pay a servant

Belonging to the Lord, of Shade

I've waited for the call, the sound of a voice

I'm eager for the chance, to kill

The taste of crimson blood is all that you'll have,

The coming of the dark, all that

Is telling you that you are going to die

There is no chance to stop your end

You can try to run, attempt to hide your

Face from all the eyes on you

It doesn't change a thing, you cannot escape

The hand that comes to claim your soul

An eager blade will wait in every shadow

We're going to find the place you hide

A thousand miles from home, run all that you like

The one who wants your soul? Darkrai."

She continued to play the instrumental for a time after she finished her singing, the song both a curse for her target and a prayer for her success. She soon enough ceased her playing, stood up, and walked off the stage without waiting for the crowd's reaction. The performance was more an excuse to make sure she was near where her target would come anyways. When she left the stage, she calmly returned to where she'd been sitting among the other performers and seated herself. Back to the waiting game.

Wes watched the junior criminal send out a small squad of clones into the festival, before scoffing with amusement. So this girl was really working alone, huh? Flashing backwards to the time she spent traveling before having met Sid, Westley couldn't help but respect the little ones efforts just a tiny bit more now.

Receiving a thumbs up from the clone that she had sent to sign her and Obsidian up for the contest, the girl turned back to the Sylveon. "I'm the type to go where the money is," She flashed the man a sly smile before motioning towards Sid and the rascal. "they're the type that I like to keep watching my back."   

Maybe it was the festival air? Or the fact that she had a hardy breakfast... Whatever the reason, Wesley had a good feeling about today. Suddenly vanishing from sight in an impressive display of speed that would have been great for a quick attack, Wesley reappeared behind the young thief before scooping her up and tucking her under her arms as if carrying a log. With the names of the other contestants fresh in her mind from the memories of the clone, Wesley retook her place at Sid's side, grabbing his wrist again in the process.

"Anyway, we have some business to attended to right, Rascal?" She shook the other girl slightly, but didn't wait for a response. "The name's Wesley by the way... if you ever find yourself with any jobs for us, don't be a stranger- unless you're poor, then go ahead and be a stranger." She smiled as she addressed the Sylveon a finally time before causally dragging her two capti- accomplices off into the shadows of an ally. They had quite a few contestants to sabotage, and not nearly enough time to waste chatting it up...    

'

Juyu

Wes was wisked away into the shadows with his partner, and the Zorua from earlier.  He was happy to get away from that Sylveon...something didn't sit right with that gijinka.  Wes talked about plans of sabotaging the opponents before them, but Sid was very much against the idea.

"Won't win anyway.  Best performers already went.  NidoQueen has this in the bag."  With that, an announcer spoke up asking for the duo to return to the line so that the order of the competition didn't get all screwy.  "C'mon Wes.  Got us in this...let's see it through."  With his arm stretched out, the Weavile took it and the two were off to go stand in line.  It wasn't long before their turn anyways.  

While they got in line, they noticed the group already onstage looked like a mess.  Though it was a literal mess at that.  Muks, Grimers, Trubbish, and a lead singer Garbodor were all singing a song that the audience didn't know how to react to.  After a minute or so, they started feeling the groove and eventually erupted into applause. A band of Spinda before the two had sang an amazing song, the crowd was on fire.  As Wes and Sid took the stage though, the mood settled down quite a bit.  The crowd didn't know what they were in for with the looks of this band.

Sid was the first to approach a microphone, and blankly stated, "We are Sex Bronzong...we're here to sing a song and stuff."  The music started, and Wes slowly walked up towards her microphone.  She gripped it gently and started to sing, her voice soft and filled with sorrow.  Sid backed her up, using his minimal vocals to compliment the chorus.  Sid shook, he was super nervous up until this point, but right now, he and Wes were soaking up all the light.  It was ironic...he usually liked to remain in the shadows...as did Wes...maybe performances could be some sort of new diversion tactic.  Nevertheless, when the two had finished their song, the crowd jumped out of their seats.  Apparently the two had owned it.  Sid smiled at Wes, and the two went off stage.  

"You did...great Wes."  That's why he admired her, why he decided to team up with her.  She was cunning yes, but their was more to her than just an ice-heart mercenary,  

d2akEes.png

Oasis

Mac huh...she'd be sure to remember that name.

As the old vibrava prattled on about damages and so on so forth, she stumbled across the topic of the most recent Legendary Gijinka near Fryst.  The pies smelled delicious, but there was only one thing on Taiga's mind now...treasure!  

"I wonder if that's jolly ol' Kyogre up there!"  She punched herself in the head.  "No way that's him...oh well...they gotta be hidin' somethin' cool in all those lairs of theirs, am I right?!"  She looked towards the table, completely devoid of any trace of Gijinka from before.  Not counting chrome dome though.  "Those...little....IF I SEE ANY LAST ONE OF 'EM, I'LL TEAR THEM ALL TO SHREDS!  YA HEAR ME PUNKS!"  Taiga took a running gijinka's pose, and wiggled her rear end in the air.  As she was about to start off, she sighed.  "Ratatas...I don't even know where they went off to."  She got back up and started walking towards the exit.  Looking back at the Scizor, she nudged her head towards the direction of the outside.  "You comin' chrome dome?  I'm going to Fryst...you think they got any winter gear stacked up in this sand hole?"

MwhMjJD.png

Poke: 700

Inventory: Dusk Stone, Nugget, Moo Moo Milk x2

"I'm the type to go where the money is.  They're the type that I like to keep watching my back."

Did that mean they were going to let her tag along?  The thought was a thrill to Fawkes.  No longer having to rely on just herself to get by.  And these two looked way better at the whole thief thing anyway; no doubt there were tricks of the trade they could teach her.  The next thing she knew, Fawkes had been scooped up off her feet.  Looking up at whoever had suddenly picked her up confirmed her suspicions; it was the Weavile.  So it was confirmed then?  She was going to be hanging out with these guys from now on?

"Anyway, we have some business to attended to right, Rascal?"

Yup, she was going to be hanging out with these guys from now on.

The name's Wesley by the way... if you ever find yourself with any jobs for us, don't be a stranger- unless you're poor, then go ahead and be a stranger."

With that, the so-called rascal was whisked away along with the Weavile - Wes - and her partner, into the shadows of a nearby alley.  Wes had discussed plans to sabotage the other contestants in the singing contest, so that she could take the win for herself and her partner.  That gave Fawkes a cunning idea.  A very simple, very obvious, but very clever idea.

"Won't win anyway.  Best performers already went.  NidoQueen has this in the bag."

Not long after that comment on the subject, an announcer made the announcement that Wes and her partner were up next.  That was Fawkes's cue!  It was time to send out a broadcast to her clone, as well as produce a couple more in the process.

Everyone will be distracted by the concert.  That's our chance to check everyone's pockets!  If you find something valuable, bring it back as soon as you get it!

d2akEes.png

In the end, Fawkes too wound up distracted by the concert.  She watched from where she'd been left in the alley, with the ever-useful help of one of her fakes among the crowd to serve as her eyes.  With the song over, the Zorua went to waiting for her new partners (or were they mentors? Guardians perhaps?) to return, an empty milk bottle in one hand.  She only had one left at this point...she'd have to see about changing that in the near future.

The wait wasn't too long before the two came back; not like they had to go far.  Still riding off the excitement from the performance, Fawkes leapt up from her sitting position and exclaimed "That was amazing!  Where did you learn to sing like that?"  A thief and a singer?  Fawkes seemed to have found herself in the hands of a very formidable ally.

AfoYVVt.png

Poke: 350

Inventory: Poke Puff Bag, Berry Case (contains one Haban Berry and one Sitrus Berry), Dragon Gem x1, Breast Pad x2 (C-cup, equipped)

“If you want our help you can just ask, sure we’ll let you tag along, it’ll be great!”

"D-don't y-you think w-we're being hasty? I-I mean, besides... her...,W-we're kinda on the lower side of the p-power scale. We need to get better, don't you think?"

“WHAT? Lackey number two, are you kiddin’ me? We’re plenty strong! We can take this Legend no big deal, one two three, it’s gonna be easy! Trust me I could probably do it myself but together we’ll be unstoppable! C’mon it’s an adventure! We can go right now!”

This girl was seriously going to get herself hurt sometime.  Being young and inexperienced, and thinking you have all the power in the world is okay, but eventually that illusion needs to shatter.  She would have done it herself, but beating down somebody who couldn't even fight back was unbecoming of a dragon of Kah's standing.  Perhaps a reality check by facing off against a legendary was precisely what this runt needed.  The boy was smart enough; knew he had limits and that he'd have to overcome them.  They'd be a promising lot after all, given some time and training.

"Right now should be fine," Kah agreed.  "Like you said, it's an adventure."

Oasis

Everything around her happened so fast. Before she knew it, everyone around her was gone save from Taiga, who was heading towards the door. "You comin' chrome dome?" Scarlet stood up from the table, leaving behind a mostly empty plate. "The name is Scarlet."  she said defiantly, although her body definitely betrayed her words as she walked towards the door alongside Taiga. "I'm going to Fryst...you think they got any winter gear stacked up in this sand hole?" 

"Hmm, I don't think they'd have winter gear. At least not at a reasonable price..." She scratched her chin a bit. "..maybe around the outskirts of the town? I would imagine there would be someone selling winter gear to those looking to travel to that area, although I don't know how reasonable the prices are going to be." She sighed. If only she had brought some winter gear, although she wasn't expecting to travel across Fryst at all. Oh well, at the very least she had a travelling partner with her. She smiled at the shark while giving what the closes thing to a thumbs up she could give. "Let's get going then!"

Juyu

Without paying much attention, Lok had started floating a bit above his seat as the performers, well, performed. During the performance, he felt something on his back. He turned to Gwen, who was smiling at him. "This is fantastic!" He said a little bit too loud, flashing up a thumbs-up and a wide grin. Before he could say much else, though, the show went on. This time, it was a familiar figure - the strange Gijinka that was there with them earlier. Unlike a lot of the other songs on the show, the song this performer played was a more somber one. It seemed to be a song about Darkrai. He applauded when the song was over - it wasn't the cheery up-beat songs of the others, but it was a nice song to hear. The next couple of songs were also interesting. However, one that caught his ears were one by a group named...Sex Brongzong? The male singer seemed familiar, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it. Only until half way into the song did Lok realize that was...

..."Obsidian!?" he let out in shock. He didn't strike him as the type that would perform in bright lights, judging from his character from the other day and the fact that he was a Sableye. Still, Lok couldn't deny the musical talent that the Sableye had. As the song ended, he couldn't help but let out yells of excitement. He would have to meet up with Obsidian after this, but for now he couldn't help but join the crowd in their chanting.

Oasis

“Oooh You folks are heading to Fryst? What a coincidence I was just thinking of that place!” The old lady said, seemingly unaware of what she had said earlier. “Hold on now, one moment...” She hurried over to the kitchen, and stuffed a pie into some rectangular bag. “This here bag will keep the pie nice and warm. The leader of Fryst is an old friend of mine, tell him Megan sent you and give this to him, thank you kindly.Young folk these days are so helpful...Oh, if you are going to Fryst you’ll need the proper clothing...” She pattered off once more and emerged with a pair of hideous but good condition cold-weather clothing for the both of them. “I will give this to you if you promise not to eat anymore tables, kekeke”

A couple days away from Oasis

Those who had decided to join Mac in her journey to the Eastern end of the desert may be regretting that decision now. Two days into the travel a sandstorm whipped up, slowing their progress. What should only be a day more now would take two, and to make matters worse a group of bandits had decided to use the sandstorm to their advantage.

A quartet of Roggenrola, led by a beefy looking Boldore, had launched a sudden attack at the group. Each of them Blasted Rocks at the unsuspecting Gijinka, most shooting out three, but the Boldore having launched four.

Mac got struck by two before she realized what was happening and dove to avoid the third. “Owww, that was so not cool! These rocks feel harder than normal....”

Juyu

The festival was going amazingly. Gwen couldn’t blame Lok for getting as excited as he did. “Hehe careful you don’t Drifloon away.” She said before giggling. Gwen was pleased to have seen several people she knew get on stage, though the masked girl’s song made her somewhat uncomfortable for reasons she couldn’t place. Subconsciously she reached into her bag and gripped her pillow.

But it seemed things were winding down a bit, and night was falling. More lights were added, causing the sky to be filled with both real and artificial stars. It was all in all quite beautiful and she casually brushed against Wally and asked her what she thought.

After getting the answer, they saw the old man getting onto the stage and Gwen joined the applause. Once it finished he cleared his throat and began to talk. “I’d like to extend my thanks for all of you who helped make this a success. The singers, those who helped set up the stage, and of course all of you out there. This wouldn’t have gone so well without your splendid attitudes! And now the time has come, sadly, to end....” The man paused and looked distant, as if listening to something. “Ohoho what is this. It seems we have one last contestant. It is my great honor to present to you all the final singer!” He stepped to the side and made a grand gesture.

Onto the stage came a young, composed, Kirlia.. She smiled at the people in the crowd, who seemed stunned by the confident aura she seemed to exude. “Thank you, Azriel, for that introduction.” She said, her voice itself melodious. “I apologize for my lateness, truth be told I had fallen asleep before the sign ups ended. Sorry everyone! But I’m here now and I hope you enjoy my song.”

And then, she began
. From the start, Gwen, and the audience, were captured by her voice. It was simple, but beautiful. Gwen felt her eyes tear up a bit at the emotion she put into the song. Gwen thought about her own dreams, how she set out onto this journey to protect the children of their world. Protect them from the dangers that this region, with all its fighting and deception, provided. The song seemed to perfectly capture the feeling she had upon setting out on this journey. And, unbeknownst to her, everyone listening to the song had similarly moving thoughts. There was something almost magical in the young girl’s voice, something...special.

She was almost sad when it was over, however more so she felt...content. And she eagerly joined in the applause that broke out once again. Gwen knew exactly which singer she hoped to win this one.

The girl on stage looked like she was about ready to tear up as she gazed into the crowd. “Thank you, thank you all so much! I’m glad you enjoyed my song, I, I...” She stopped, and it almost felt like the sudden fear she felt was transferred onto everyone in the audience, that’s how much she enraptured them. “I must go, I’m terribly sorry!” She turned and bounded off the stage, rushing quickly away to everyone’s surprise.

Suddenly the Zangoose gang, as well as several Seviper, jumped Heather. Caught by surprise the sheriff was unable to prevent being attacked all at once, though it didn’t bring her down. Shuriken made from water shot out and struck one of the Zangoose, as Kayla emerged from out of seemingly nowhere to attack.

And then, from farther off in the distance, an Eruption sounded, and a shocked yell. The voice sounding like that of the Kirlia. Gwen looked and could see a pillar of flames from near the end of the festival ground. She knew that the sheriff was in trouble, but Gwen felt she could handle herself. However the Kirlia was another story...someone had to help her! Gwen made her move, and rushed towards the flames.

“Finally I found you, you know how long it took? Not like you care, you jabroni, and not like it matters now. All that matters is you’re here and I’m going to roast you alive for the trouble you’ve caused me!” The threat came from a decidedly unimpressive looking Camerupt that had snuck away from the singing stage earlier. From his back came another massive spout of flames, that shot straight up and then straight down towards the Kirlia, who barely dodged out of the way, getting slightly singed in the process.

Juyu Jail

"Yeah I know didn't expect me, blah blah, just get going Phin, we need to get outta here."
"What are you doing Sssada? Your gang wouldn't like thisss one bit."

"That don't matter now, idiot, obviously or I wouldn't be breaking your ass out. Some creepy son of a jabroni came to me and my boys, yours too, and offered to pay them to attack Heather at the end of the singing competition. I said hell no, not gonna do something that dumb, but those fucks went ahead and did it anyway. We're in deep sheet here dude, we need to go NOW."

"Fine, but if we meet that guy who took our gangs away from us, I want to ssssink my teeth in him."
"Of funking course. And I'm sure there's a few...others we could take care of on the way."

The two former gang leaders grinned at each other, seemingly all their past animosity in the past, for now.

Juyu

Cold Crown Wallenstein

The competition went on. Somewhere down the line, Wallenstein noticed that the Rotom from earlier was sitting next to them. He seemed to be enjoying himself greatly too, so she flashed him a thumbs up that he reciprocated. She turned her attention back to the show. A masked Gijinka came up next, and she sang splendidly. The song was a little too dark for her tastes but she would've liked to find out who that was. Afterwards, a few more songs went by, and a recognizable couple showed up.

"Oh, it's those guys!" Wallenstein recognized the Weavile who helped her yesterday, as well as the Sableye who she was now sure was the former's partner. They bowed, introduced themselves, and sang a song.

Eventually, the competition came to a close, and so did the daylight. The announcer was expressing his thanks to everyone and all, before a sudden final contestant appeared. A young Kirlia girl. Who did she think she was? To appear so late and still expect a welcome. If she was the nidoQueen's lead singer, that might've been a different story but Wallenstein was a little baffled she was so easily accepted on stage.

"I’m here now and I hope you enjoy my song.”

The next and final song was different from everything else before it. Perhaps it was because it was the final song or because of the serenity of the piece, Wallenstein focused less on the performance and more on her inner thoughts. After this final song has concluded, she would leave town, that was her plan. And why was that? Why was she so intent on leaving? Juyu sure seems like a nice town to live in, and not a nice place to leave from. No, she couldn't stay here. She wouldn't be able to bear it.

Wallenstein, you haven't reached your goal yet.

That's right, she's spent years traveling and searching for legends, and she's found nothing concrete yet. She wouldn't, couldn't let herself give up when she's made absolutely no progress. Juyu was but a small distraction, a momentary rest before she returned to her search. She had a raison d'etre and she hasn't forgotten it.

With that resolved, Wallenstein focused the rest of her time on listening to the song. It really was beautiful now that her attention was fixed on the singing. Somehow, to Wallenstein it felt like she was listening to an opening piece before the commencing of a particularly long tale. A prelude, to a greater story yet untold.

She found her attention was again on her thoughts instead of the song and by the time she realized, everyone was clapping. The Kirlia girl bowed, and Wallenstein clapped her hands as well. Tired, she closed her eyes and waited for the competition's end.

“Thank you, thank you all so much! I’m glad you enjoyed my song, I, I..." The Kirlia began to speak, but there was a pause here. "...I must go, I’m terribly sorry!”

Confused, Wallenstein opened her eyes and saw the Kirlia jump off stage, running away. From what?

Almost simultaneously, a group of Zangoose and Seviper underlings launched an assault on the sheriff, and a loud eruption was heard in the distance, as well as the earlier Kirlia's scream.

Gwen immediately rushed to action, towards the direction the Kirlia went. "Gw-Gwen?!"

Wallenstein on the other hand was conflicted on who to help. The Kirlia looked much more vulnerable, sure, but she had hoped that the Zangoose gang was peaceful enough today. She then noticed, the Zangoose leader wasn't present in the assault. The Seviper leader was in jail so the absence was expected, but when both gangs were cooperating with each other and their leaders were nowhere in sight, that bothered her.

"Rotomboy, stay safe. Or go help Gwen, she might need it." She suggested to the Rotom, before using her own seat as a stepping stone, Wallenstein leapt off towards the sheriff. Her knee landed on the back of one of the Zangoose, and with her pointer fingers, she aimed point blank and shot a strong stream of water. She then kicked the Zangoose behind her, using that as another step and landed near the sheriff. She pointed her fingers at another Zangoose and a Seviper in the opposite direction. She turned to the former. "Where's your leader, Zangoose? I thought she was in a good enough mood to not want conflict today."

"This is so embarrassing..."

Alleria cursed a lot inside as she finished cleaning up on the bathroom. It was something she didn't expect, of all things, to happen. Perhaps it's due to her eating a bit too much yesterday and today, or perhaps it's due to her getting food poisoning from something she ate. Either way, it costed her the participation in the contest as she spent almost half an hour inside the bathroom.

"Dammit...would Himiko even feel alright about going alone...ugh, at this rate it'll happen again before I can actually do anything with her..."

Looking at the mirror before her and her currently miserable expression, she sighed. As much as this was disappointing, she shouldn't appear to look like this in front of everyone. She wouldn't be able to make anyone smile if she herself was miserable, no? And Himiko would be worried too if she's too concerned about this. Alleria then washed her face with the flowing cold water to refresh herself, before wearing her kimono that she hung on a nearby rack and picked up her feathery showgirl scarf. Well, she thought it'd be a good time to move forward. As much as constipation is the enemy of creativity, a true entertainer has to prove to the world that it won't stop them. With that in her mind, she stepped outside with much of her renewed vigor...

Only to see chaos unfolding before her eyes. Unsure of what even was happening, she ran towards a direction only to find an Escavalier being assaulted by a horde of Zangeese and Sevipers. She had to do something, and she must do it quick. And...in the face of adversary and hardship...

"SHOW MUST GO ON!

Time to raise the curtain and bring down the spotlight!" Without having even any buildup to it, her voice boomed on the area as she was doing a dance move to initiate her attack, she fired beams of light from the heavens towards the horde of ruffians. And...hoping that her voice had taken the attention of the Escavalier, she pretended to have a mic on her hands, and started to Sing.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I might be too late for the competition, but this is still my stage!

Dance, now dance with every step.
Come now! Come now, o bird in your cage.
Let us capture too the one who chases after you.
Kagome, kagome, all of you together."

The young Altaria girl kept on singing, hoping that this time, her voice reached out towards the mob before her.

Kazo could not believe his luck. He was 'recruited' to a little squad of an overconfident electric type, an adorable but pretty much helpless fire type, and a haughty but cute dragon type. After barely a day of travel, they were caught in a sandstorm, which was horrible for the others, but to him, it was the safest he felt in days. Thanks to his Sand Veil, he could see clearly, and be like a ninja in the storm. He couldn't count the number of times he snuck off... Only to feel guilty and come right back. Luckily, they barely noticed him disappearing.

He then noticed some gijinka approaching them. They didn't seem friendly at all though... And his suspicions were confirmed when they launched rocks at our group of chasers. Kazo instantly grabbed Ari and ducked to the side, moving him out of the way of a rock that was launched at him. He swore under his breath, that was too close. He quickly dug a small hole and stuck Ari in it, away from the flying rocks.

"Stay here," He said before running off, dashing at a Roggenrola and leaping up, crashing down on top of it with a headbutt powered by Iron Head. Thankfully, steel is super effective against rock. He then punted the small Gijinka away, hoping that he did actually knock it out. He turned his attention to the other ones around him. Hopefully, he could take them out before Mac or Kah... Wait, Kah was super strong... Stratch that. He hoped he could take them out before Mac got hurt.

It was well into the night when the apparent last competitor took the stage and left, and Whisper was a bit on the disappointed side to note that the Camerupt she'd been told about had not made an appearance. She was considering an alternative plan, when the old man, who had been announcing the end of the competition, made mention of one more competitor. She was nearly as surprised as the rest of the crowd by this Kirlia. She was more confident than anyone had a right to be in such a situation, but as soon as she started to sing it was clear she had good reason to be.

Something about her voice was far beyond what could be expected of any normal Gijinka, so much so that Whisper found herself wondering if everything was as it appeared about her. While others were entranced, the assassin was suspicious. She couldn't be quite certain, but something about this girl just didn't sit right with her. Still, with the fact that the competition was suddenly running longer the chances of her encountering her mark. She managed to wait, sitting where she was among the other competitors, until the song ended.

"Thank you, thank you all so much! I'm glad you enjoyed my song, I, I... I must go, I'm terribly sorry!" Now if there wasn't something suspicious about that, then Whisper didn't know what suspicious was. Rather than sit in surprise along with the rest of the crowd, the Absol calmly rose to her feet and darted off after the Kirlia. She had a feeling that whatever was going on with her had some connection to the one she was hunting. The only reason she didn't catch the girl was that she found herself pausing as she heard a commotion back among the crowd near the stage. Momentarily, she wondered if her quarry had made their move back there instead.

That pillar of flames splitting the night apart convinced her otherwise. Moreover, with what she'd learned about this particular Camerupt's way of doing business, her sense for her target's location instantly sharpened. That eruption was the last piece of the puzzle, and she ran with a speed that would have made her mother proud. Knives found their way into her hands, and her mask was allowed to fall off her face as she set about coating them in that oh so very Toxic substance of her own excretion.

The moment she arrived on scene, and confirmed the presence of a Camerupt, she set the knives flying towards them. She threw a total of six of them as she made her entrance to the scene, and began exerting Pressure as she had been taught to in the order. Still, she didn't stop running until she came around in front of her quarry, between the Camerupt and the Kirlia. That garish mask had since been discarded, and the crimson scarf wrapped about her face and neck more tightly in its place. She stood there, facing down the fire type, with her hands at the ready at either side. Not precisely her modus operandi, but she did have questions she needed answered by this mark before she took him.

"Tell me," she began as she sought to meet her unimposing foe's gaze, "what do you know about those who attacked The Order?" Of course she didn't expect him to just answer her then and there, but one never knew with this sort of thing.

Juyu

The Zangoose that the Empoleon attacked hadn’t expected the sudden assault, and thus was unable to prevent the beatdown he took. He fell to the ground, in pain, gasping for breath. His eyes flashed and, as she turned her attention away, he got up and lashed out in Revenge.

Meanwhile the others all but ignored her, focusing on the sheriff instead. The other three Zangoose suddenly struck out with Quick Attacks towards Heather. However Kayla intervened, in a Me First sorta moment, and rushed into one of the Zangoose, crashing into him and sending him to the ground, before unleashing a Beam of green energy at him.

Heather took the other attacks well, merely grunting with exertion, and Swiped one of her attackers, bring them down, but not killing them, instantly. The other one jumped back and took a defensive stance, now wary.

Suddenly the Altaria started singing, causing all the present gang members to groan out thinking “not again”. The crowd seemed to take note and a bit of the panic was calmed down while her voice washed over them.
It didn’t last long, though, and one of the Seviper suddenly Screeched, and drowned out the singing. While another surged forward, Fangs dripping with Poison, aiming for the Altaria’s throat.

Gwen made it to the scene of the battle just as a familiar, well not face, but familiar figure unleashed an attack on the Camerupt. Logically she had to assume the Camerupt was the one to attack first, looking at the scene, which was a relief in a way. She hadn’t wanted to find out the woman she talked to earlier was some kind of bad guy.

Her immediate reaction was to head towards the Kirlia, but realized it would just draw the Camerupt towards the girl. So she stopped what she was doing, and attacked. The Camerupt was poisoned now, her power would work especially well.

There had been a question, but Gwen didn’t quite catch it. Something about an..order? She couldn’t mull it over for long, as the Camerupt responded. “Wha? Wait, you’re...dammit you’re supposed to be gone! I didn’t have anything to do with that, and I ain’t gonna tell someone like you anything. I can’t!”

bgm

He seemed angered, and frightened, a dangerous combination. He was about to attack the woman and so Gwen intervened.
A large eye formed above her head, and she directed its power towards the Camerupt. She was sure, given his appearance and the fact he was ailing, that the attack would work...However she was shocked when the Camerupt seemed to break free from the mental assault.

It did get his attention, however, and he looked towards her. With a groan, he glared and let out an attack of his own. Glowing stones surrounded him, and flew towards Gwen, who was unable to dodge in time. The smacked her in the stomach, though as they weren’t physical rocks she was able to take the hit. However the power behind the attack was strong enough to double her over, and she let out a sharp cry of alarm.

Forcing herself to glance up, she saw some kind of energy surround the Camerupt. She realized then she had been hit by an Ancient Power, which was now strengthening their foe.

“Now, let’s really get down to business!” Reacting swiftly, the Camerupt launched another Eruption, this time at Whisper. The attack wasn’t as large as the previous, but it seemed to be sent with more power than before.

"Eep!"

Alleria had to cut short her singing as a Seviper screeched to drown out her voice, and another rushed for her. Not a fan of the prospect of getting smashed in the neck, Alleria sidestepped as the Seviper closed in, and bodied the snake to the side, letting momentum doing the rest before she rained rays of light from the skies to assault the Seviper.

"Pardon me, but well...I don't really want to sit back in a time like this.

Show must go on! I'll just tune up my song to reach out to you all now!"

Coupling her Singing with rays of Dazzling Gleam towards the group of attackers to stop them from screwing with her song again. Alleria tried a more upbeat tune this time. it's still meant to put them to sleep, but she's somewhat worried that the upbeatness would negate that aspect. But soon, all her worries disappeared into nowhere as she continued to sing and have her show continue.

Whisper was not entirely surprised when her mark refused to answer her. It was honestly more to expect than was warranted, but it was always nice to give someone a chance to cough up any information they knew without getting messy. She simply shrugged when he refused her, and raised her hands in a fighting stance. She just needed to see the moment he attacked, because then he'd be open for one of her own. It was a tense several moments as they stared each other down in the deathly half silence of the now burning night.

The tension was broken, but not how the Assassin expected it to be. Someone else had decided to attack, and from the look of things it hadn't done much to the Camerupt. All the same, it provided a wonderful chance for her to ready herself while her foe was off balance. As the one who'd interrupted them was being assailed, she was whipping up the wind around her into a frenzied whirlwind. Her robe billowed about her, and dust and debris were ripped off the ground and thrown about by the force of the winds. When the Camerupt turned his attention back to her, she was ready.

The moment that spout of flames launched at her, Whisper dashed to the side to get out of its path. She suffered little more than a few embers streaking across her, and once she was clear of the blast she charged at her mark with all the speed her training had built into her. The whole while she was muttering something under her breath, something that in spite of being inaudible was enough to send a shiver down the spine of anyone who caught so much as a syllable. There was little more than a meter separating herself and the Camerupt when she went silent, and for just an instant the night grew oppressively dark. It was like a strange hand had cast a shroud over every source of light around them, and it was gone as quickly as it had come. The instant it passed, a wave of darkness rushed out from the Absol in all directions, striking all who were unfortunate enough to get too close with concussive force that struck body and spirit on equal terms.

"I'll bet you've only got one of those eruptions left in you.~ Maybe you can't even manage that much." She jeered at the Camerupt as her momentum carried her just around past the hopefully staggered foe. Between the Pulse, the Toxin, and the Tearing Wind he must have been pretty torn up, but just to be on the safe side she set herself up for a third strike on him. "You can still make it out of this alive if you tell me what I want to know." Hopefully he was more afraid than angry now. That would certainly make getting information out of him easier.

Archived