Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

rSmNb2O.png

Poké: 1550

Inventory: Dusk Stone, Moo Moo Milk x2

"Hey, don't worry about it... you've done a lot more than anyone should expect from you... if you want to stay here, then that's okay."

“If you want to stay that’s alright, Fawkes. You’ve been braver than any kid should ever have to be. Especially a little punk from Deku. I’d stay to keep an eye on you if it was up to me, but you’ll be alright on your own. You survived Deku so this place is basically a wonderland. There’s 750 Poke in there. That should be enough to get you somewhere to stay and plenty to eat until you figure out what you’re gonna do. Don’t waste it all on MooMoo Milk and comics, alright?”

"Got it," Fawkes responded, with a nod.

"You may go where you like. Perhaps Horatio would be able to help you, he is not nearly as frightening as he looks, and his Shadow Guard would be glad to have you if you'd like."

The Shadow Guard are those people who we checked in with when we got here. They must be important. Shadow Guard Fawkes... that doesn't sound too bad, I guess? It can't hurt to try, at least, maybe? ...let's try it. Fawkes turned, looking in the general direction of where she reasoned she'd first met the Shadow Guard. If she could remember directions in Deku, doing it here had to be a breeze. But would it be weird to just leave without a word? That felt kind of rude. If she was one of these people instead of herself, she knew she'd want to at least hear something from the Zorua before she took off.

"So, um... I'm not really good at goodbyes, since I've never really had to do them before. But... hmm... don't get hurt, and stuff. And come back to Mioter someday... if you aren't busy."

This was getting awkward. "...bye!" Fawkes started in the direction that she recalled meeting the Shadow Guard in.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pl37ikL.jpg?1

oe3ZVDT.png

Team Showdown - Groudon's Mountain

Taiga crossed her arms, nodding as everyone responded.  However, when Tianzi spoke up, she couldn't help but cringe and bare her teeth.  Sure, Taiga's attempt at calling out Groudon's reasoning as bullshit was harsh, Tianzi's was more insult driven than anything.  And Groudon had thought the same.  

"You come here asking for me to aid you, with mockery and threats?" He boomed. "Perhaps you could say those words if you gave half as much of yourself for this region as I have. Begone!" His shout was aimed directly at Tianzi, not at Taiga, and entirely ignoring Scarlet and Isole. The lava beside Groudon bubbled as he waved his arm and gestured at the Xatu. A geyser of lava erupted from the ground and crashed onto Tianzi. "One such as you has no right to speak in my presence!"

Taiga couldn't help but shrug, as the lava was dumped onto Tianzi.  

"Groudon...can I call ya Groudy?...I honsetly have no idea who that Gijinka is...some stray that decided to tag along I think.  Don't mind them."  She cleared her throat and walked up behind the Legend.  "There's power in numbers Groudy.  Ya can't expect to make the world better on your own...you'll just end up secluding yourself to a lone funeral."  She looked back to Scarlet and Isole, and smiled faintly.  "I know I couldn't've gotten this far without them.  Hell, I hadn't even seen a legend until I saw one lyin' dead in the streets...and now they're tryin' to be my friggin' friends!"  Taiga sighed.  "What I'm tryin' to say is...I was a ruthless thief before I met all of them...and now I'm out savin' the world.  Some people can change...and If I can, the world can.  Ya just gotta be willing to help."  Taiga extended her hand towards his back.  However, a toothy grin displayed itself.  "I'm still gonna ask for a reward after this, FUFUFUFU!  Kyogre will be jealous of me, I can feel it!"  

5bGoK6n.png

iU8EggM.png

"You may be right, child. This leader of theirs. That is our target. But we cannot get to him without being attacked by the others. Which is why the militia moves out tomorrow to draw them out. They all will have orders to bring down this leader of theirs. As to the prisoner...If she comes with she will be bound, and you will need to make sure she does not do anything to aid them, but the fight cannot be avoided."

Randy had to admit, he was impressed that Marie was able to talk her way to the Tyranitar like this. He could definitely see in her future that she might happen to be an excellent public speaker later on in life or something. Nevertheless, he kept listening to the Tyranitar.

"You need not come. Children should not be fighting. My youngest...they are in Trailsau. A dangerous place to raise a family. I hope to make this place safe for them. I only hope leaving them with their sister was the right thing. Allie isn't the most responsible young woman...Rest, both of you, I shall inform my men of the plan. Tomorrow we march."

"Believe me, she's a 'grown-up'." Randy said, using quotation marks before chuckling. "She can handle herself...so no worries th-" That's about when it hit him. That last sentence the Tyranitar said that got him: "Allie isn't the most responsible young woman".

As the Tyranitar left the room, Randy just stood there in some sort of a trance like state as things came back to him for a good moment...things that occurred over the last couple of days.

"C'mon, after those bastards abandoned us in Trailsau we need some new friends. Way things are going these days..."

"We're looking for someone we were friends with who left the city."
"They're a Tyr..."
"Nah."

Silence was around for Randy as his eyes widened and he started to put things together. He thought he had it all put together before...but now? This was something completely out of the left ring that he didn't even expect this. However, he was brought back down to earth when Marie spoke to him.

"come on Randy, we gotta sleep for tomorrow."

"H-Huh? Oh right..." he said, before looking back in the direction the Tyranitar headed. "Marie I'll be right back...I'll probably explain everything in a sec." He immediately headed out of the room to catch up to the Tyranitar. This can't be a coincidence. He has family in Trailsau...and with everything that happened...oh Arceus I hope he believes me...

Randy finally got up to where the Tyranitar was, as he called out. "E-Excuse me, sir?" he said, watching the gijinka stop and turn. "You said...you were from Trailsau...and had a daughter...named Allie?"

"Yes, that is what I said. Is this going somewhere? I need to get back to work." the Tyranitar asked, seeming to be slightly annoyed, based on his tone.

Randy took a deep breath before exhaling. "I think I met her in Northshore sir." he started to explain, rubbing the back of his head. "And she was trying to end Moltres' life."

"That's impossible." he said. "She's in Trailsau, looking after the twins. What would she want with a Legend?"

"She's apparently a Godslayer." Randy sighed, rubbing the back of his head, before it slid to his neck. "And I met two gijinka from Trailsau who probably confirmed that she isn't there...I think they're names were Suzie and Spencer? They said they were looking for some friends who left Trailsau. They mentioned a Tyranitar..."

"Now I know you're talking nonsense. Godslayer? Boy, the Godslayer destroyed Juyu several days ago. My girl is strong, but she's not that strong. You must be mistaken." he replied, beginning to seem agitated.

Randy sighed a bit, his hand slinking to his side. "Sorry..." he said, letting out another sigh and turned around. He really didn't want to have this get too much out of hand. And it was obvious, the man didn't believe him one bit. "You might be right...and I probably jumped to conclusions...and it's just they have similar names. ...Incineroars tend to act on impulse sometimes. So e kala mai iaʻu...I'm sorry."

"That is...fine. My daughter may be rebellious but she wouldn't leave her sisters on their own." the Tyranitar simply said before continuing on his way.

"Right. Well...good-night." Randy sighed, heading back to return to the room.

He walked back into the room with his head hung low and looked at Marie before creaking the door closed slightly before looking at the Popplio. He sat down across from her and sighed once more. "...he said his daughter's name was Allie...and we only know one 'Allie'." the Incineroar started to explain. "The Tyranitar girl we fought in Northshore...and those two we met along the way here...ya know the ones from Trailsau? They said they were looking for friends who left there...and one of them was a Tyranitar. There's just waaaaaaaay too much coinciding with everything else to be simply coincidence." Randy then waved his hand dismissively, shaking his head. "Of course...he doesn't believe me."

With that situation explained, Randy let out a loud yawn before shaking his head. "Either way...we better rest up."

"Senseless." Ankou said. "Yes, it's all so senseless...I only wanted to rest. After Cobalion threw me away I just wanted to be at peace. But this world isn't one of peace...but it will be. Once we finish this, I will be able to sleep. He promised me that. I just have to kill a few Legends to do it." She smiled at him. "Lucky you, you get to sleep now." She then drew in a breath, sucking in energy, as she landed her Draining Kiss upon Kazo.

Kazo groaned a bit as he fell to a knee, huffing a bit. He felt his energy leaving him, his body feeling weaker and weaker. Dammit, this can't be that good. He looked up at her, before sighing and standing up again, turning to run to the right. He didn't have a plan, but he found that not being drained was a nice thing.

“As for you…” Brooke looked over to Denku. “You’re not taking that little girl anywhere without me. Got it?”

"Got it," Denku answered. 

"I don't wanna go back there." Dora spoke up. "But...I want to help." She looked at Mew. "I'll get your friend back..." Then, to Easter, "I know how. The bubble!" A bubble? What was she talking about? Besides, with teleportation---

"We can get you...near. The city itself cannot be entered through that means, nor would it be good to suddenly show up inside of their city. Merm's leader would likely be alarmed even if you were with her." 

That made sense. He didn't like it, but it made sense. Dora then poked at Denku, making him bring her over to Fawkes. 

"You're not gonna come with?" She said sadly.

"So, um... I'm not really good at goodbyes, since I've never really had to do them before. But... hmm... don't get hurt, and stuff. And come back to Mioter someday... if you aren't busy." There was a small pause, before Fawkes finally said "...bye!" and ran off.

"Privacy is not needed, not anymore, this place is safe now. And it isn't like the world won't soon know of the battle at hand. However before I send you on your way you should rest. Spend the night in Sebastian's home, you have a friend there I believe, though she may have already left on her own task. Sebastian won't be needing it anymore." Denku looked over to hear Mewtwo talk and Mew floating around, making happy, almost purring, noises as she bobbed around in her normal form.

"Well, I could use a rest," Denku muttered, rolling his free shoulder, grunting a bit. "I'll be off then," He placed Dora on the floor, in case she needed to do something here, and he walked off, hands in his pockets. Thinking back on it, he would always take a lot of damage in battles against Legends and Godslayers, while a hot blooded girl also took a lot of damage, and a person he considered almost insane got off easy. That was odd.

8GrkkS0.png

Edgelord let out a shout of frustration as he swung his arm, covered in dark energy, at Ari's Ember. The attack struck but most of it was scattered from his swipe. "I am the strongest Gijinka! You are nothing, nothing!" He screamed out. It seemed that something had snapped in the man. His eyes were wide and he looked even more dangerous than before.

"You're not strong enough to beat me!" Mac said as she swiftly ran forward and crashed into his side. With a grunt Edgelord merely kicked Mac in the stomach and knocked her backwards, skidding across the ground to where Ari was. "Ouch...that hurt more than his other ones...I think he was holding back." Mac muttered to Ari as she began to Charge. "We gotta step it up."

Edgelord crouched down low as he looked between the two. "You're out of time." He said. He launched out another Null Blade, larger than the previous, at the two.

Before Ari could move, Mac grabbed him and pulled him down, covering him with her body as the blade passed over them. The lion mewled in worry at seeing the attack clip her back.

Still the Helioptile forced herself to stand, her arm crackling with electricity. "Ari..." She said, breathing heavily. "Get his attention, keep him busy, this is gonna be a big one..."

"All right," the Litleo nodded.

"It was you, wasn't it?! You're the one that killed Regirock! You're the one that commanded those dragons to kill Latios and Latias, weren't you?! You're the one that caused all this senseless death!!"

What?!

Ari felt himself start to shake. In fear, in anger, in...something. Yes. Angry. That's what he felt. Righteous anger, mixed with terrible...sadness. So these two were the murderers? The cause of all of this death.

Uncaring of his previous injuries, the lion charged at Edgelord. Saying nothing, because there was nothing to say. He had wondered, had partially blamed himself for the deaths of those legendaries, but now, there were actually faces to match with the true murderers.

And now, it was his chance. His chance to stop them before they could kill anybody more. Spitting out a few Embers at Edgelord, he ran in a zigzag pattern around the man, hoping that would help him avoid any attacks. The zebras did this all the time, after all.

--

m0FODxE.png

"What, no, nothing's wrong...," Denku muttered bitterly. "It just turns out the one lead I had in this entire journey to the whereabouts of my brother was a Godslayer and needed to be killed, thus, making me lose my only lead," He stood up, patting Mew on the head as he did as thanks for her comfort. "I'm fine though. Just had a moment of weakness."

Easter blinked. Kah knew Denku's brother?

Well. It was too bad she was dead, then. He might've kept her alive had he known that.

Mmm, probably not. An opportunity to kill a Hydreigon? That was too good to pass up.

"A-Actually," Fawkes said. "Speaking of staying behind... I'd like to stay here if that's okay. I don't know about anyone else, but I'd like to stop traveling for now, and Mioter seems like a nice and safe place to try settling down. If that's okay," she said again. "I get if that's a problem since the only person here that I can imagine taking some kid from Deku besides you and Mew just got arrested, and I'm sure you have important Legend stuff to do so maybe it wasn't the best idea after all and I'm just crossing lines I'm not allowed to cross..."

What.

Easter barely paid attention to Dora's inane ramblings of a bubble, nor Brooke's seething rebuttal, nor Mewtwo's talk of teleportation. What. Just what. While the others responded to the Zorua with various words of comfort, the Sylveon stared down at her with shock.

No, this couldn't happen. This couldn't be happening. Yet again, the fox kit was leaving him--no, she was different, she wasn't dying, she was a girl, not a boy, and she was perfectly safe.

By the time he came back to himself, Fawkes was leaving. Right before she could say goodbye, the fairy type wrapped the kit in a hug. "If anybody bullies you, make sure to bully them twice over," he said fiercely, letting her go to wave goodbye with the others, a serene smile on his face that gave away nothing of his troubled heart.

Mewtwo approached him then. "Privacy is not needed, not anymore, this place is safe now. And it isn't like the world won't soon know of the battle at hand. However before I send you on your way you should rest. Spend the night in Sebastian's home, you have a friend there I believe, though she may have already left on her own task. Sebastian won't be needing it anymore."

"Yes," the Sylveon responded, tone distant, before heading toward the indicated location mechanically. "Rest. That would be...nice." Perhaps, in the morning, he wouldn't feel like he had taken a blow to the heart with a hammer.

--

StUyAql.png

Blake growled, moving up to the taller Gijinka and looked up at him, pressed close against him. "Mock the queen at your peril. Even if you are our ally no one disrespects her and lives. She is one of the greatest of the Legends, the Queen of Unlife, and her true power will be unleashed soon."

"Whoa there," Keanu raised his hands up in surrender. "Sorry, dude, I get it. She's pretty important." He still wasn't sure exactly why he was supposed to respect her, but he supposed there was more to the egg than appearances suggested.

Blake smiled as he seemed to grow excited. "They will come. And we will kill them all. Sacrifices for our Queen..."

What.

He didn't sign up for this to kill things. Speaking of, who were the "them" that the Zoroark was talking about anyway? "So, uh..." the Pikachu started, "who're ya talking about anyway?" It couldn't be. "You mean, the Mowloo...?" he trailed off.

How did things swing from protecting those that had done nothing to killing others in a bloody sacrifice to a giant egg? This situation was getting more and more ridiculous. And then he felt that stifling, strange energy grow even as they spoke. If this strange energy was affecting Blake like it was him, then maybe that was why the man was acting so oddly right now. If so, maybe they should step away from it. "So, uh...should we be gettin' back to the others?" he asked.

"One such as you has no right to speak in my presence!"

"Oho, I think I pressed a button."

Tianzi used Teleport as Groudon fired the relatively telegraphed attack, allowing her to narrowly avoid being turned int fried chicken. She watched in silence as Taiga took over from her in talking to Groudon. It might be for the best, since Tianzi now was fully intent on pushing more of Groudon's buttons. This was the sort of Legendary that she despised. Old people bound by their past, who couldn't move on from their past deeds to even think about saving themselves.

"I'm still gonna ask for a reward after this, FUFUFUFU!  Kyogre will be jealous of me, I can feel it!" 

"I don't think taking someone else's husband is a good idea for a reward, Taiga." Tianzi made an off-hand comment before returning her gaze at Groudon. She was not going to expect that they would be able to get this done without a bit of violence. Or maybe she was just too personally irritated to think straight right now.

Groudon's Mountain Team Showdown

Groudon completely ignored her, instead lashing out at Tianzi. Luckily the Xatu was able to get out of the way before getting completely incinerated by the lava. Things could of been going better, but they could be going worse as well - after all, they weren't forced to fight the legend, although Scarlet couldn't help but be a bit disappointing about that. Still, she knew that it was for the best that they don't fight Groudon.

As Taiga continued, Scarlet couldn't help but smile, pleasantly surprised by how Taiga was handling this with words. Her eyes shifted to Tianzi, who seemed more intent on getting Groudon to break rather than actually get him to co-operate. She sighed before speaking, hoping that this time he would listen. "We're not asking you to return to us permanently. If you wanna come back and seclude yourself in these mountains, then that's fine. Right now, though, we need your help to stop these Godslayers from destroying the world as we know it."

Northshore Team Karaoke

"N-No." Gwen muttered. "We...need to keep fighting. They're in danger. Leave me... here... I need to... to give them an opening." Lok turned to Gwen.

"You can barely talk, and yet you want to give them an opening..." He sighed, still dragging her away. She was right, though, they couldn't just leave Nine and the Braviary to die to get her to safety. Suddenly, an idea came to him. One that scared him, one that seemed insane, and one that was inspired by what Nine had said. He took a deep breath. "Fine, let's give them an opening." He place Gwen down, not having made it all that far. "You wanna ignore me..." Lok muttered to himself, walking back towards Nikora.

Suddenly, he jumped onto the Godslayer from behind, tackling him and grabbing onto him. While on him, Lok planted his hand on Nikoria's face and unleashed a Confuse Ray, gritting his teeth. "Ignore this!"

Karaoke, Day 27, Northshore

"You can do nothing, not anymore." Nikora said as he once again blocked Nine's attack. He seemed to be unconcerned in the slightest. Almost lethargic with the way he blocked the attack.

The Braviary began to go in to attack again but Nikora shot off another Dark Pulse and forced him to fly upwards to avoid the attack. He narrowed his eyes as he flew, looking for an opening, and then...

"Ignore this!"

Nikora buckled slightly under the sudden weight. He grunted as the Rotom aimed to shoot of his Confuse Ray at him. As the attack went off Nikora let loose a burst of energy. The Dark Pulse shot out in all directions, not simply hitting Lok but also Nine and the Braviary.

However, though Lok would be launched off, the confusion would have taken hold. Nikora gripped his head as the entire area began to spin. He struggled to keep his footing, swaying back and forth.

That was when Gwen made her move. She pushed herself off the ground and Levitated towards Nine. "Here...I can...help too!" She said, aiming her hands at the Houndoom and shooting a Mystical Fire towards him.

As she did the Braviary swooped down towards Nikora. The man tried to create a shield but it seemed to backfire, shattering in front of him, and the Braviary slammed his wings into Nikora, launching him off his feet. Nikora slammed a fist into the Braviary, draining some of his energy, though it seemed less powerful than the last strike. The Braviary flew backwards as Nikora landed back on his feet and stumbled.

Team Alola, Day 14-15, Mowloo

After the pair finished up their conversation, they were able to head for bed. There were three bedrooms in the house. One was the militia captains, one seemed fit for young children, with a pair of beds set close to each other, and the other was larger and seemed to be meant for a young adult.

When they woke up the next morning it would be to the smell of, slightly burnt, breakfast. The militia captain was in the kitchen finishing up a somewhat questionable spread of food for the pair to eat. He stood awkwardly, wearing of all things an apron, as he told them gruffly to sit down and eat. "We'll be leaving in an hour. The rest are already gathering down below. It will take several hours to reach their...village. Best be prepared....We'll pick up the...girl on the way."

------

"Yes, we should go." Blake said to Keanu. "There is much to prepare. They will come tomorrow, I am sure of it, and when they are destroyed...my people will finally be free." He smiled toothily at the Pikachu. "And you will be there to witness our liberation."

The next morning Keanu woke to a tense excitement from the people of the village. Leaving the hut he was led to the other night he would see that the majority of the villagers weren't there anymore. Everyone that he would find was clearly warriors preparing for a battle. All of them wearing mask, putting on tribal body paints, and gathering in small groups in various parts of the city.

Blake would come up to him, also wearing a mask, with a bird-like beak and crimson markings. "I am going to the Queen. I must be there to make sure nothing happens to her as she is Awakened. If you wish, you can come with me, it will be...a glorious event."

Team Neo Not Dark, Day 29, Mioter

"Bye bye Fawkes! I'll come back after we saved the world and stuff!" Dora promised. "I wonder if I'll have real arms by then..." Her eyes widened at this marvelous of thoughts as they headed on their way back to Sebastian's house. Where the servants would have already been informed about the change in ownership. They seemed to be confused, but somewhat relieved, at the sudden change in their life.

Dora was stumbling a bit as they went into the house, alternating between leaning against Brooke and Easter for support as they made their way into the house. "It's not even niiight tiiime, why am I so sleeeepyyyyy?" She said.

The rest of the day was free for the group to do as they would. Any last tasks would have to be dealt with today for come tomorrow they would be sent on their way towards a whole new destination. A place that not many Gijinka ever got to see. For most of them this would be basically an entirely new world.

For Dora it felt like a tummy ache mixed with a brain freeze. And she didn't even eat any fishicles today!

Team Showdown, Day 29, Groudon's Mountain

"Groudy?" Groudon stared down at this strange creature. Did she see what he just did to her...traveling companion? Or rather, tried to do. The Xatu was a slippery creature. But they weren't bothering him now so he didn't bother himself with attacking again. "Change." The word resonated with him. He had seen the world go through many changes in his lifetime. The people had changed as well. Which was the entire problem. "I have seen the history of this region. From the very beginning. I can give the entire path of change that it went through...And I have seen it gradually fall to what is has become now. How can I believe that it will get better if it only has ever fallen into disgrace?"

He turned to Scarlet. "The Godslayers wish to destroy the world. What makes you think that isn't the correct choice? Everything has a lifespan. Perhaps this world has reached it's end."

Isole...wasn't sure what to do. She barely talked as is. The Xatu had almost been burned just by saying the wrong thing. And it was so hot here....She kept glancing over at Tianzi. What was going on in that weirdo's head? "Is this a time for jokes?" She said to her, narrowing her eyes and unintentionally coming off as though she was scolding the Xatu.

Team Mac, Day 26, Weynon

"You can't run forever." Ankou said in a sing-song voice as Kazo broke free from her attack. With a giggle she teleported once more, right into the Dragon's path. "Especially not from me." She raised a hand and poked Kazo on the nose. "You're trying so hard even though you'll inevitably fail. Let me help you rest. You won't have to worry about anything ever again."

The same petals that had surrounded Grace began to form around Kazo. They would encircle him soon and if they did he would be trapped.

Edgelord took the Embers without flinching. It hurt but, to him, life was pain after all.....

The Scizor began to swing his arms, both sharpened with the power of Slash, at Ari but the young child was small enough and swift enough to move out of the way. "Stop your moving, worm!" Edgelord howled. "It's pointless all I need is to hit you once! What do you think you can do?"

"Hey, dummy, it's not him you should worry about."

Edgelord glanced up to see Mac diving at him, her arm pulled back. Edgelord brought one of his arms up, ready to slash down as the girl traveled towards him. She wouldn't be able to stop in time to avoid it. Not with the numbness spreading through her.

However before he hit she managed to unleash her attack, launching a powerful electric attack right at his chest. The attack hit him dead center and sent jolts through his body as the chitinous armor around his chest cracked. "Why?" He asked, as he attempted to complete his attack, "Why do you try so hard?"

"You can't run forever." Kazo shivered as he heard his voice taunting him, bad memories coming to mind. And then suddenly, she was in front of him. "Especially not from me." She raised a hand and poked Kazo on the nose. "You're trying so hard even though you'll inevitably fail. Let me help you rest. You won't have to worry about anything ever again."

"N-No thanks," He said as petals began to surround him. He didn't like what happened to Grace, and he sure as heck wasn't going to let it happen to him. "I haven't had my fill of life yet," he commented as he did a giant backflip, soaring through the air. He then positioned himself into a swan dive and crashed into the ground, like a swimmer into water. When he was under the ground, he moved to right where the Gardevoir was, reaching up and grabbing her ankles, trying to drag her underground.

Denku was quiet when they got to Sebastian's house. He was just so tired after the last two weeks or so of fighting. This wasn't wanted what he wanted to do with life, being the Legends' protector and errand boy. All he wanted was to find his brother...

He laid in bed wordlessly, and soon fell into a dreamless sleep.

ZzcS3Rf.png

Nine grimaced as his attack was blocked once more, and while the godslayer was definitely confident he wasn't careless when it came to dealing with the Houndoom. Thankfully, there was one person he wasn't paying much mind to. As Lok managed to jump onto him, Nine saw what the boy was going for and smiled a bit, before immediately having to bring his arms up in defense. Grunting in pain as the dark pulse struck him, Nine was starting to feel his limits catching up with him and knew that he didn't have all that much left in the tank. All the same, he wasn't about to stop now, as the godslayer seemed unable to defend himself from the attack of the braviary as he had managed to do so many times before. 

With the flying type having knocked the god slayer off the ground, Nine felt now was as good a time as any to test out his theory. "Keep him from staying in one place." As Nine was about to attack, however, he saw Gwen launch her magical fire towards him. With a smirk growing on his face, the boy grabbed at the flame as it melded into his body. His aura seemed to flare up even further, the flames across his arm growing even hotter and more powerful as his veins glowed with an orange and red color, as if magma were flowing through them. Giving a thumbs up to Gwen, the chaser moved forward and launched one powerful flamethrower towards the godslayer. 

P1JjewJ.png?1

With the new day having come and the fight clearly on the horizon, Marie tried to psyche herself up for the coming storm, so to speak. Marie was scared of what the day would hold. She didn't want to fight, and she certainly didn't want to see all of the people of both sides fighting either. It had been terrifying yesterday, and she felt as though things would only be as scary today. Yet still, if there was a chance that she could help things, and if there was a chance that Keanu was still there she couldn't just sit by. Getting out of bed, the girl made her way to where everyone else had been gathered. As the Tyranitar gave her the briefing on what was to come, Marie only nodded and waited to begin her march to the village. 

pl37ikL.jpg?1

oe3ZVDT.png

"I have seen the history of this region. From the very beginning. I can give the entire path of change that it went through...And I have seen it gradually fall to what is has become now. How can I believe that it will get better if it only has ever fallen into disgrace?"  He turned to Scarlet. "The Godslayers wish to destroy the world. What makes you think that isn't the correct choice? Everything has a lifespan. Perhaps this world has reached it's end."

Taiga started to grind her teeth.  This Legend's stance was almost immovable as the mountain that he had created.  

"Listen, Groudy...you can't see the future!  You don't know exactly how it's gonna play out!  You can sit here, and say it ain't gonna change...but there are people out there tryin' too!"  She scratched her face for a moment.  "I can't say that for sure...but I fought godslayers with a group of Gijinka before...good gijinka."  Taiga thumbed over towards Scarlet.  "Like chrome dome over here...and some old ass wannabe lantern.  There are good gijinka in this world.  Innocent Gijinka."  Taiga fufu'd with a wide grin.  "Not me of course...can't say I'm too innocent.  I've killed...stolen...I've left people to rot.  But here I am now...standin' in front of a legend that I've been sent to recruit to save the world.  ME!  Taiga the Terrible!  Tyrant of the Tides!"  She sighed, reminiscing at her life before all of this nonsense.  "What I'm trying to say is...I ain't gonna let this world be destroyed by people more selfish than me!  Sure, I may want a jewel and crown here or there, but I ain't lookin' for total genocide."  

She stomped over to Groudon and started tapping on his back incessantly.  Her tone became more annoyed for a moment.  

"Can you honest to Rayquaza say that you are gonna let millions of gijinka die, because you don't wanna move from this mountain?  That's not what I thought the shaper of continents was all about."  

5bGoK6n.png

iU8EggM.png

With a quick bid good night to Marie, Randy made it to the other room that seemed to be the one he'd probably be staying in, the one with the bed being meant for a young adult. With a deep sigh, he collapsed on the bed and tried his best to get some sort of rest.

Unfortunately, with everything that had happened, it made it hard for the Incineroar to actually fall asleep. Naturally at this point, he did the one thing he knew would get him to sleep: workout. As quietly as he could, he got onto the floor beside the bed and began to do a few one handed pushups in order to tire himself out. All the while, however, he kept thinking about quite the number of things...things that were definitely keeping him motivated to keep on: saving Keanu, reuniting their little group, mopping the floor with Blake's sorry hide... But beyond this, Randy knew what the goal he wanted was: to get him and the others back to Alola and of course, finally make it toe-to-toe with the PPGWF's little champion and 'Face'...that damned Blastoise.

Just you wait...I'm coming back...and I'm going to curb stomp you to the point where you admit everything. Randy thought, gritting his teeth. Then maybe Sol Mask can finally return from hiding...doubtful, but still...at least people will then know the truth.

A few more moments of this continued, as Randy was finally a bit more tired as he yawned and got up. Once more he laid onto the bed and this time...felt the sweet embrace of sleep come over him. Within moments, the Incineroar was snoring.

x393wz.jpg

-The Next Morning-

The next morning, Randy caught the strong whiff of breakfast...although the smell did happen to be a bit burnt, but at this moment he was starving. After at least attempting to freshen up a bit, he exited the room and made it to where the food was currently spread out for them.

Though as he took a seat, Randy couldn't help but notice that the militia captain was wearing of all things: an apron. He really wanted to make a comment about this, but stopped himself by stuffing a mouthful of food into his mouth. Keep it to yourself Roarton...not what we need right now...but damn it's too funny!! he thought, listening to the Tyranitar speak.

"We'll be leaving in an hour. The rest are already gathering down below. It will take several hours to reach their...village. Best be prepared....We'll pick up the...girl on the way."

They were picking up the Noctowl? Well that was good. Seemed like the group's little public speaker did her job and got to the Tyranitar's heart of stone and melted it. Maybe I should have her do the negotiations from now on...cause it feels like I always get the shitty end of the stick... he thought, still eating.

Once the Incineroar was finished stuffing his face full of the food, he stood up and put his dish away, excusing himself from the table and the two. He needed to be ready for this...

Returning to the room he was using, Randy closed the door behind him and immediately moved to sit on the floor. Closing his eyes, he did his best to calm his breathing and even his mind. With a few exhales, he began to mutter to himself in Alolan.

"Solgaleo ... Ke noi nei wau e mālamaʻoe iaʻu iho a me nā mea e hakakā i kēia lā. E mālama iā mākou me ka mālamalama e holoi iā mākou i ka lanakila. E like me ka makemake o ka poʻe kiaʻi ..." he said, exhaling slowly. It was something that most Alolans prayed and recited in regards to either the Legends of the Sun and Moon, or just to the Guardians of Alola. And for Randy, this was no exception. Slowly opening his eyes once more, he stood up and walked out.

He was ready...He was going to get Keanu back and knock Blake down a number of pegs.

Groudon's Mountain Team Showdown

"The Godslayers wish to destroy the world. What makes you think that isn't the correct choice? Everything has a lifespan. Perhaps this world has reached it's end." 

Scarlet grit her teeth. "Are you really that dense!?" She blurted out, having heard enough of Groudon. "You were just telling us that you abandoned the world because gijinka started hunting you down, but the second that a group of the same gijinka you were just talking about has the ability to actually hunt you down you think they're right!?" She stepped forward. "Are you just going to sit here and die alone on your fuc​king mountain because you think we can't change!? Just because you are blinded to the good of this world!? How would you even know what the world is like now - you abandoned us to mope on some rocks!" She turned her back on Groudon.

"I don't care if the world has reached its expiration date, and I don't care if you or any of the other Gods think it has fallen from grace! I will fight tooth and nail until the bitter end for this world because it's worth fighting for" She turned her head to Groudon. "If you'd rather roll over and die instead of fighting for what's yours, then you're no better than the weak and pitty gijinka you look down on."

Northshore Team Karaoke

Lok was sent flying, tumbling on the ground as he felt pain ache through his entire body. He found himself lying on the ground on his side, curled up in pain. He couldn't really tell if he had succeeded in confusing the godslayer or not, with his blurry vision and ears ringing. Lok winced as he tried to move, unable to get up, clutching his chest instead. There wasn't much else Lok could do at this point other than to wait.

And wait he did.

Team Mac, Day 26, Weynon

Ankou scoffed as he felt the Dragon grab her by the ankles. "It's not going to be so simple." She said, her sing-song voice sounding more irritated than before. As the boy grabbed onto her Ankou teleported.

They both were now several feet mid-air, with Ankou looking down at Kazo. She gave a small smile and waved at him before firing off a Psyshock to strike Kazo in the head with Physic energy.

"I try hard cause there's no point in livin if you're gonna just give up!" Mac said. "That's my promise as a hero! When the going gets tough the tough keep fighting!" Mac's confidence was so overwhelming that even the mistake in the saying didn't damper her spirit. "I'm never gonna roll over and let someone trample over me!"

Edgelord scoffed at the girl as his gaze when to Ari. "And you? Or are you too scared to answer?" His eyes narrowed at the boy. He seemed almost to be...waiting for something.

Mac thought perhaps Ari was thinking about the answer. She shook her head. "Ari you don't gotta think so much, speak from your heart, you agree with me don't ya?" She crouched down, with some difficulty as the numbness was spreading, and dove for Edgelord.

The Scizor, without even using a move, smacked the slower moving girl aside with the back of his hand. "You're weak. Both so weak. There's nothing weaklings like you can do so you might as well just give up!"

Team Neo Not Dark, Day 30, Mioter

The group managed to rest up from the intense battle they had before. The morning was a bit more somber than the last. Three of the people who had slept in this house previously were gone. One dead, one imprisoned, and one safe with the Shadow Guard.

Though Dora seemed to have brushed all this off quite easily. "You're gonna like the bubble, Easter, it's all...bubble-y and fun! Though it might be a bit scary for you guys." She looked at Brooke and Denku with an apologetic look in her eyes.

As they day went on Mewtwo would enter, along with Mew, and somberly ask if everyone was ready. After whatever the group wished to say to him, he would gather them in front of the table, and look to Mew.

The girl would smile at them and wave energetically, clearly in a good mood with the idea that their friend might be able to talk to them again.

Mewtwo would clear his throat before speaking. "You will have to be careful. No one has gone to Merm in quite some time, it's uncertain how they'll handle visitors. You must not let on what you are there for too rashly. For all we know the people there have something to do with Phione and Manaphy's disappearance." He looked to each of them. "I will send you to a ship, where you will travel the rest of the way towards your destination. I've notified the captain already. Dora will know where to go from there."

Mewtwo's eyes glowed with Psychic energy and, soon after, Mew joined in. The group would feel a strange sense of lightness around their bodies and, in a flash, they were no longer in Mioter.

They instead stood on board of what seemed like a huge boat. One with a giant black flag hung on the mast. As they got their bearings they'd hear a hearty laugh. It came from a . He smiled at the group. "Hello there, I'm told you are on an important quest! I'm the captain of the S.S. Showdown, Captain, and I welcome you aboard my ship." He gave Brooke a wink then turned towards the Sylveon. "Or, welcome back, in your case...How've you been, Easter?"

Team Karaoke, Day 27, Northshore

Nikora let out a cry of pain as the intense flames washed over him. He was unable to stop the attack and it hit him full force. The Cacturne fell to the ground, clothing blackened from the flames, and struggled to get up on his hands and knees. "So this is your strength. Yes, it really is over isn't it?" He got to his feet as the Braviary flew higher and higher, building up speed.

Nikora raised one arm and pointed it at Nine. "This is the end." He said, voice cracking, arm shaking, before launching another volley of pins at the Houndoom.

Team Alola, Day 15, Mowloo

The group had gotten the Noctowl from the prison. She left without a word and seemed to just be moving wherever she was directed. As they reached the ground level the Tyranitar would tell Randy and Marie that she was their responsibility, and to make sure she didn't do anything to put them at risk.

The group the Tyranitar had was comprised of four dozen Gijinka. Many of them were clearly from the militia but it seemed as though the captain had gathered up some regular citizens who wished to fight as well, to bolster their forces.

Before heading out the Tyranitar addressed the group. "The natives have taken it too far. They have attacked our homes, killed our friends, and if this goes on they will take more lives in their mad quest. Today we put an end to them. Target the warriors only. Do not try and kill them unless you must. If anyone encounters their leader fall back and get me. Our priority is to take him down." He looked towards Randy and Marie. "You have one chance to have her say something but once the fighting begins I won't be able to protect you. We will wait but only for a few moments. They cannot be allowed to attack first this time. Too much is at stake."

---

The natives were chanting. Banging on drums and letting out a war song. They were prepared for battle. Before leaving, Blake said one last thing. Which he translated for Keanu. "Kill them all! No longer will we be slaves to the whims of those above! Tonight is our glorious rebirth!"

Groudon closed his eyes as the two spoke. "When you have lived over two-thousand years you begin to tire of it. I helped to create this region, I saw it through many trying times, but now I must fight once again? Why should I not let you fight your own battle?"

He looked at Scarlet, eyes burning with a deep inner flame. "You believe your anger to be righteous. But all I here is the mewling of children who long should be standing on their own. If you wish for me to help there can only be one way now. The time for words has ended. It has come to, as it always must, a showing of strength."

The lava behind Groudon bubbled and leapt into the air.

"I grant upon you the honor of challenging me to battle. Show me the Spirit of Adarid. Give me a taste of the people's will. Prove yourself in combat and convince me that yours are a people worth fighting for!" The lava erupted from the ground and came crashing towards the group. Not on a single target but instead all four of them.

Groudon's test has begun.

8GrkkS0.png

"Why? Why do you try so hard?"

"I try hard cause there's no point in livin if you're gonna just give up!" Mac said. "That's my promise as a hero! When the going gets tough the tough keep fighting!" Mac's confidence was so overwhelming that even the mistake in the saying didn't damper her spirit. "I'm never gonna roll over and let someone trample over me!"

Ari wished he could say the same, but he knew his determination probably didn't burn as brightly as Mac's. Then again, he wasn't sure if anybody's did. Except right now, he knew one thing. Determination or not, he was angry. Angry at these two gijinka who thought that killing others without even honoring their bodies or acknowledging the Circle of Life was right.

Edgelord scoffed at the girl as his gaze when to Ari. "And you? Or are you too scared to answer?" His eyes narrowed at the boy.

Mac shook her head. "Ari you don't gotta think so much, speak from your heart, you agree with me don't ya?" She crouched down, with some difficulty as the numbness was spreading, and dove for Edgelord.

The bug type, without even using a move, smacked the slower moving girl aside with the back of his hand. "You're weak. Both so weak. There's nothing weaklings like you can do so you might as well just give up!"

"Give up?!" Ari snarled. "No way!" he ran at Edgelord in a Headbutt, mind going blank momentarily as he charged. "You want an answer? I try hard because I want to prove myself, that I'm worthy of my being my father's son, that I'm worthy to be who I am. I try hard because if I don't, then my whole life, what I've been doing, will have been for nothing." He glared at the bug type. "What about you? Do you feel that same determination for what you're doing?" He honestly couldn't believe that somebody who killed indiscriminately like this could have the same sort of conviction that he or Mac had.

--

m0FODxE.png

Easter couldn't summon up any sort of bonhomie for the rest of the day. He was unusually contemplative and taciturn. Why? Why did Fawkes have to leave? Why had she felt like that was the best solution? Could he have done something differently? Why...

Once more, once more the world had shown him just why he couldn't have good things, why he couldn't let himself get dragged down by others, especially children. See what happened? Children were fragile and not meant to handle fighting, to walk beside a brawler like him. They either died or left. It was the way of things.

Fi had been unusually silent, perhaps sensing his mood. Her expression as she looked at him had been pensive, and she looked as if she had wanted to say something, but had eventually turned away.

When he went to bed, he found he couldn't sleep, and when he finally did drift off, his dreams were plagued by nightmares of the past. The next morning had done nothing to improve his mood, though Dora seemed as cheerful as ever. So guileless and oblivious, she should be more like--

The fairy type hung his head and forced himself not to continue that thought.

Later, Mewtwo and Mew entered. By now Easter was sick of looking at them, of looking at that child who was not a child especially. He didn't especially listen as Mewtwo droned on about something, probably to be careful and not talk to strangers or something stupid like that.

When he was finished, Mewtwo's eyes glowed with Psychic energy and, soon after, Mew joined in. Easter felt a strange sense of lightness around his body and, in a flash, the group was no longer in Mioter. He was a little surprised by the suddenness of the transportation, but at least it wasn't a rough ride like some teleportations he'd experienced.

The group stood on a huge boat. Ahh, boats. Such a nostalgic, bittersweet feeling, except even worse than usual after what had just happened. He glanced up to get his bearings and froze. That flag...

Laughter came from a familiar Pidgeot gijinka. "Hello there, I'm told you are on an important quest! I'm the captain of the S.S. Showdown, Captain, and I welcome you aboard my ship." He gave Brooke a wink then turned towards the Sylveon. "Or, welcome back, in your case...How've you been, Easter?"

The fairy type felt as if his tongue had turned to lead. "I...you...I've been...well." He responded automatically, though one look at the circles under his eyes and his drooping posture would prove the lie to his statement. Still, he forced himself to appear more cheerful, despite the way his stomach churned at seeing this man again, and standing on his ship. "Captain."

--

StUyAql.png

The next morning the village seemed to be in an air of excitement. While normally Keanu would cover his head and go back to sleep, not only did that seem like a bad idea, but it was hard to sleep anyway with the racket these people were making. So instead he forced himself to rise from his comfy bed. He was greeted by Blake, who said he was going to go to the Queen Omelet again. Mmm, omelets sounded nice right about now.

"Sure," Keanu replied. He didn't particularly want to go near that giant egg, but letting Blake stew in his violent thoughts alone with it sounded like another bad idea. It was too bad that most everything he wanted to do right now sounded like a bad idea. Going back to sleep and letting others do what they pleased.

I blame you, Randy, he grumbled internally. But he accompanied the Zoroark anyway, cocking his head curiously at the natives who were currently banging on war drums and chanting. It all sounded very...warlike. Not at all the type of music he preferred. The Pikachu wrinkled his nose.

Before leaving, the dark type said one last thing that he repeated in plain gijinka-ese for Keanu's benefit. "Kill them all! No longer will we be slaves to the whims of those above! Tonight is our glorious rebirth!"

Well. This was looking to be getting out of hand. Somehow, he had known this would happen. Why did he go with this guy again? Sighing, the electric type nodded before following Blake. "Sounds exciting, yeah." 

pl37ikL.jpg?1

oe3ZVDT.png

"When you have lived over two-thousand years you begin to tire of it. I helped to create this region, I saw it through many trying times, but now I must fight once again? Why should I not let you fight your own battle?"

"Because it'd be a bajillion times easier to fix the world with your help you dummy!"  Taiga said, snapping her jaws with every other word.  "If i ain't gotta work as hard to fix this world, I ain't gonna!  So might as well get a couple of legends to help...not my idea...Rayquaza's."  

"You believe your anger to be righteous. But all I here is the mewling of children who long should be standing on their own. If you wish for me to help there can only be one way now. The time for words has ended. It has come to, as it always must, a showing of strength."

"Cripes."  Taiga sighed.  Somehow...she knew it would have come down to this regardless.  She put up her fists near and close to her face.  "Whateva, Drampa!  If I can beat you...that means I can take out Kyogre no problem.  Or at least you'll be able to put in a good word for me!  FUFUFU!

"I grant upon you the honor of challenging me to battle. Show me the Spirit of Adarid. Give me a taste of the people's will. Prove yourself in combat and convince me that yours are a people worth fighting for!" 

Lava started to erupt from behind Groudon, and a hefty portion of it made it's way towards Taiga.  She grit her teeth, and shot an uppercut into the air, causing a geyser of water to appear out of the ground in front of where she sent her fist flying.  The mist emanating from it was enough to cool her down for a moment, letting her skin absorb some of the water.  It collided with the lava, causing steam and cool earth back down to the ground.  

"And I grant you the honor of kissing my tail fin after I'm done kickin' your keester!"  Taiga said, pulling an eyelid down to mock the Legend.  Taiga then took a runner's start, dashing at the tower of water she created.  She jumped, and drop kicked the tower of water, as if her feet had touched a solid wall.  The kick had sent the geyser onto a crash course with Groudon, as she ran alongside it, trying to get behind Groudon.  Once she did, she leaped over his and called forth another geyser of water to appear beneath Groudon, and towards her feet.  

Groudon's Mountain Team Showdown

"You believe your anger to be righteous. But all I here is the mewling of children who long should be standing on their own. If you wish for me to help there can only be one way now. The time for words has ended. It has come to, as it always must, a showing of strength." Scarlet grit her teeth, adrenaline pumping in her veins. She had a feeling this is how things were going to end - no, not a feeling, but a desire. Groudon moved from his spot, facing the group. "I grant upon you the honor of challenging me to battle. Show me the Spirit of Adarid. Give me a taste of the people's will. Prove yourself in combat and convince me that yours are a people worth fighting for!" 

A wave of lava erupted from the ground, making its way right towards the group. Scarlet grit her teeth, running towards the wave of lava. When the time was right, she sprang from the ground, her wings rapidly moving as she barely jump dashed over the blistering wave. She landed on the ground with one of her pincer crashing into it, before lifting her fist, doing a short Swords Dance with her eyes locked onto her target. She started making her way towards the legend, keeping an eye out for another potential attack. "This world will not fall - not while I'm around!"

Northshore Team Karaoke

Eventually, Lok found the strength to get himself up, although just barely. Pain still ached through his body, but he wasn't about to leave his friends alone... not like the last time he had jumped on a Godslayer. Slowly, he made his way towards Nikoria and the others, stumbling and almost falling to the ground a few times. With his left hand he clutched his chest which was still burning, his right starting to crackle with electrical force. 

As he got closer, he felt his legs starting to give in. Gritting his teeth, he saw Nikoria starting to fire a volley of pins at Nine. He seemed weaker than he was first; he was sure Nine would be able to finish the job, but he'd need an opening. Lunging his arm forward, he fired a Thunderbolt at the Godslayer while he was attacking Nine, hoping that it would give his friend the opening he needed. As Lok fired the bolt, he lost balance and fell over, landing face first into the dirt. He really hoped this would be over soon.

ZzcS3Rf.png

As the Cacturne was now confused, Nine felt relieved as his flames managed to hit the man head on. While he was fairly certain that the man was incredibly injured, he kept himself at the ready, knowing just how resilient these godslayers tended to be. Looking to the Braviary as the godslayer started to get himself back up, Nine said, "go, now!" With that, the Braviary took off and the Cacturne fired yet another pin missile towards Nine. Knowing that he wouldn't be able to take one of those head on, the chaser thought off his feet and swiped an arc of fire forward as he threw his legs out from underneath himself. Managing to land on his back, and not get skewered alive by the pin missiles Nine let out a large sigh of relief. 

As he righted himself back up to be in a sitting position, the Houndoom looked to see that the Cacturne had put up his shield to defend against the Braviary's strike. As he had managed to block the attack, he seemed to retaliate with yet another attack of his own, though this one seemed to go wild. Being wide open, Nine fired off yet another flamethrower towards the godslayer. 

P1JjewJ.png?1

As they were getting ready to begin their attack, Marie still felt tense. She couldn't exactly wrap her head around the scale of the two sides fighting each other head on, and the speech the Tyranitar made didn't exactly put her at ease either. As he told the two that they had one chance to have the lady speak to the villagers, she looked to Randy, who seemed to be leaving it up to her. Walking over to the girl she said, "um, so would you be willing to talk to your people for us?"

"What could I tell them that they don't already know?"

"Well. Hmm," the girl seemed to ponder a bit before saying, "do they think all the people that aren't them are bad and scary?"

"I wouldn't say scary...But they have little love of...you all."

"Well, that's probably because you guys just can't talk to each other and all got off on a really bad foot. Like uh," she gestured between the two of them. "When we first met. I thought you guys were scary and you guys uh, had little love of us, but then we talked and now we're friends."

"Do you plan on me making them your friends then?" The woman seemed confused as to what Marie was trying to get at.

"Well, that'd be cool an all, but. hmmm," she looked to the other townsfolk and said, "they all think you're scary because they can't talk to you and Blake's making things worse. And you all think they're mean because they act on thinking you're scary and you can't understand them. So, you just gotta help them understand one another."

"You realize that there is about to be a battle yes? They will be ready to fight."

"This is so they don't fight each other, or at least like, less people. These people don't want to fight your people, and you guys probably aren't thrilled to fight either. They just want to stop Blake. So see if they'd let us talk to Blake to clear things up instead of coming to kill each other."

"The only language Blake understands is death." She responds somberly.

"Oh." The girl looks stunned, and a bit unsure of how to respond, simply saying, "I uh, I guess that explains why he's a bully."

"Yes, a bully." She said without seeming to know what Marie meant.

"Mean."

She nods. "Yes, mean." The girl gave a sigh. "No matter what I say there will be a battle. You must know this."

Marie's own expression turned more somber before she said, "I do but, I don't want to see people get hurt. And you don't either, right? So, wouldn't it be better to try and convince at least some people they don't need to fight, instead of just letting them do it?"

"They are likely too far gone but...I suppose I will try. But I won't be able to stop Blake."

"Thank you," Marie's expression became brighter as she smiled towards the woman. "And don't worry, just leave stopping Blake to the rest of us." Despite Marie's assurance, though, the woman didn't seem all that confident in them.

5bGoK6n.png

iU8EggM.png

"Oh. I uh, I guess that explains why he's a bully."

"Yes, a bully."

"Mean."

"Yes, mean. No matter what I say there will be a battle. You must know this."

Yet again, Randy found himself marveled at the fact that Marie was able to get others to talk in such a manner. Must be due to her adorable nature as a Popplio, while he had the look of a fierce Incineroar on his end.

Thanks a lot for that gene, dad... he thought, shaking his head slightly.

"And don't worry, just leave stopping Blake to the rest of us."

Randy looked at the Noctowl when Marie said the last sentence, before chuckling, giving her a thumbs up. "No worries...or as we say in Alola, ʻaʻohe hopohopo. If Blake tries anything...I'll be the one to kick his hide. After all...he's got Keanu."

The Noctowl seemed uncertain, and saddened by the last part, but remained silent.

Randy noticed this, before sheepishly rubbing the back of his head. "Uh...well...y-y-ya know what I mean...i-it won't just come to fighting." he tried to save it, smiling a little sheepish. Smooth Roarton...smooth...

"You're so sure your friend lives. I hope that you are right."

He nodded, smiling at the Noctowl with a fierce determination in his eyes. "I'm as sure of that as I'm sure that Solgaleo makes sure the sun shines bright." It was apparent that this didn't have any reaction presented from the Noctowl, but Randy was sure the message got across anyway.

Either way...with everything said...it was time to go.

iU8EggM.png

The village in question...well...was a wide scattering of huts. There were dozens of them with large distances, though not large enough to not be able to see the closest ones, between them. Seeing all this, it honestly surprised Randy that some psychotic gijinka could come from some place such as this.

"Won't lie...this almost reminds me of back home on Alola..." Randy muttered quietly. "Just minus the psychotic Zoroark..." Though upon a second look, and hear, Randy noticed that there was chanting and quite a few native warriors standing out in the village...pretty much just waiting for them. "...how the hell did I miss them?"

"Alola must be a dangerous place." the Tyranitar said gravely as he looked around.

"Really isn't though..." Randy shrugged, before looking at the Noctowl. "So, guess this is the moment ya get to talk, huh?"

"I suppose it is." she nodded.

"You got this." he said, giving the Noctowl a firm nod. "Me and Marie are on your side if anything happens."

"It's not going to be so simple." She said, her sing-song voice sounding more irritated than before. Suddenly, Kazo was a few feet in the air, with the Gardevoir floating slightly above him. Looking up, he realized... oh, oh crap, he could see up places he wasn't supposed to see. Turning red, he adverted his gaze... only to be struck with a Psyshock, which caused him to yell out in pain and release his grip on her, causing him to fall.

However, before he fell too far away, he managed to spin in the air and wrap both of his legs around her shapely leg, to keep himself from hitting the ground. He rubbed his head, before something crossed his mind. If what these people were after was some sort of item... he let go, letting him fall to the ground, flipping to land on his feet and get in a runner's position, taking a deep breath before he focused. He then ran, ran as fast as he could, doing his best to use his speed and body mass to crash through the door of the tree. 

If he could take the item and run off, both Edgelord and the Gardevoir would stop attacking Grace and Astrid, and chase him. He could lead them away and... well, he didn't have time to plan THAT far ahead. 

Denku had a dreamless sleep, and woke up feeling barely restless. He had enough energy to notice that Easter seemed to have a lack of it, although he wasn't sure why that was. Maybe it was over Fawkes... the two seemed close. He made sure to eat breakfast and shower before they headed off. Arceus knows when they'd be able to do this again. Eventually, Mewtwo and Mew entered the house, probably to send them away to Merm.

"You will have to be careful. No one has gone to Merm in quite some time, it's uncertain how they'll handle visitors. You must not let on what you are there for too rashly. For all we know the people there have something to do with Phione and Manaphy's disappearance." He looked to each of them. "I will send you to a ship, where you will travel the rest of the way towards your destination. I've notified the captain already. Dora will know where to go from there."

Great. A stealth mission. To a city that hadn't had outsiders in a long time and might be hostile to them. He swore, if someone started talking about the "Flames of Rebirth", he was out. All he could do with this information was gently pat Mew's head before they left, carried away by the two legendaries' Teleport.

They landed on what seemed to be a ship... one with a black flag. Denku raised an eyebrow at that. A black flag? Was this a pirate ship or something? Next they'd run into ninjas... Suddenly a hearty laugh was heard, causing Denku to look over at the source. "Hello there, I'm told you are on an important quest! I'm the captain of the S.S. Showdown, Captain, and I welcome you aboard my ship." He gave Brooke a wink then turned towards the Sylveon. "Or, welcome back, in your case...How've you been, Easter?"

"I...you...I've been...well." Denku raised an eye at this. Sure, Easter was acting odd in general, but this was just completely opposite of how Easter usually acted... as far as he could tell. "Captain." So these two had some history together, and it didn't seem to be pleasant one... he was 93 percent sure that was the case. Maybe he should try to lighten the mood.

"You two sure are popular," He said to Brooke and Easter offhandedly. 

"I grant upon you the honor of challenging me to battle. Show me the Spirit of Adarid. Give me a taste of the people's will. Prove yourself in combat and convince me that yours are a people worth fighting for!"

"...Damned fool, when will you get out of that cavern of a mind you have?"

Tianzi took a breath as Groudon announced his challenge. She was going to use Teleport, but Taiga had used her water to deal with the incoming lava, allowing Tianzi to move away from the falling ground. As Taiga went to move forward to attack the continental legendary and Scarlet prepared herself to attack by using a Sword Dance, Tianzi took in any shred of light available in the area into herself, preparing for a Solar Beam as she started to move around, anticipating Groudon's next attacks.

"If you refuse to accept that the world has changed, then maybe you should just have the decency to dispose of yourself and become a part of that past you oh so loved."

Brooke slept fitfully. She slept for almost twelve hours, but when she woke up, she was still just as tired as when she had first laid down to rest. She was losing control of her life all over again. Ten years to grow up and get stronger since the last time her world had crumbled  and she still wasn’t able to keep it all together.

That afternoon there was a pain in her stomach that she couldn’t explain. It felt like a spring inside her belly, coiling tighter and tighter the more she thought about the situation they were in. She distracted herself from it all by focusing on preparations for their journey. She had given all of her money to Fawkes but she had an abundance of burn wounds to treat, and she needed to wash their clothes while they had the opportunity to.

It wasn’t enough to keep the inner cogs of her mind from turning. Brooke wasn’t dumb; Dora was on her way home now. She would be gone soon, too, and then the group would have no reason to stay together. For the first time in a long time Brooke was going to be alone. The thought caused the spring in her belly to coil until she could barely breathe.

She had always found her identity within other people. Sada, the neighborhood children, Dora. They gave her a purpose she didn’t otherwise have. She didn’t know who she was without someone to look after.

Thankfully MewTwo and Mew arrived before she could follow that train of thought any further. She didn’t say anything to them directly, and soon enough, they teleported them away to somewhere new. The ground was suddenly swaying gently, and a light, salty breeze tickled Brooke’s nose. They were aboard a ship that wasn’t familiar to her but apparently was to Easter, as the captain greeted him without missing a beat.

Brooke started to step forward, to address the captain and steer the conversation like she usually did, but she found herself rooted in place. She just gripped Dora’s hand tighter and said nothing, staring up at the sail of the ship and watching it ripple in the wind.

Team Mac, Day 26, Weynon

Ankou tilted as Kazo grabbed her leg. The two headed for the ground, with Kazo in much better control, and the Godslayer was forced to teleport once more to avoid hurting herself when she landed.
Once she was on the ground she looked around for where Kazo went off to. Upon seeing the open door she gave a dreamy smile. "So it's going to be like that, is it?"
---
In the tree, Kazo would notice that the rooms seemed empty. Not just of objects, though there wasn't much there, but a hollow feeling that permeated the entire place. As if something important was missing.

He would find himself drawn to one particular room. The only with a closed door. The inside of the room was filled with plants. The walls, floor, and ceiling had vines covering almost every inch. There wasn't much in the way of decorations. However there was what seemed to be a hammock made of vines in the middle of the room. Hanging from the ceiling.

This room felt less hollow than the rest of the tree. Kazo, despite the danger outside, would feel a sense of rightness about the place.
It would take a bit of time for him to realize that there was someone sitting in the hammock. A pixie-like young girl with pale green hair and a tiny frame sat upon it and watched the young man as he entered the room. She didn't speak for some time but, when greeted, she would tilt her head to the side. "It's a strange day for visitors. You're a long way from home, aren't you?"
---
"You want an answer? I try hard because I want to prove myself, that I'm worthy of my being my father's son, that I'm worthy to be who I am. I try hard because if I don't, then my whole life, what I've been doing, will have been for nothing. What about you? Do you feel that same determination for what you're doing?"

"Tch..." Edgelord straightened up as Ari attacked him again. Merely letting the boy slam his head into Edgelord's stomach. He dropped an elbow down on the boy's head. Hard enough to disorientate the boy for a moment.
"You don't got what it takes kid. There's too many tough people out there, you're just a speck." He winced as a electric shock hit him in the side.

"Just shut UP already!" Mac called out, breathing heavily, one hand, filled with electric energy, raised. "You just don't get it! We fight cause if we don't then what's the point? The strong only become strong after fighting with all they got! How can you say you're strong if you're just following that woman around?" She glanced at Ari and gave him a nod before firing off another Thundershock.

Edgelord growled and knocked the bolt back, only to be hit from the other side with Ari's Ember. "I'm the ultimate weapon! No one's stronger than me!"

"Then prove it! I saw how you looked when that girl was hurt, and you're just gonna let yourself be used by the people who did it? Well neither of us are gonna let you or your master win!"

Edgelord's arms slumped down as he glared at the girl. A glow surrounded his body as his ability kicked in. Power swarmed through his aura as he shook his head. "If you keep this up you're just going to die."

"Then I'll die knowing I fought my hardest! I'll die free!"

A pained expression crossed Edgelord's face. "Free, eh? In this world you still think freedom exists?" He looked towards the ground. "Ah...damn." He looked strangely fragile in that moment, uncertain. Then he let out a deep sigh. Which turned into a growl, then a roar. "FINE THEN! I'll show you how strong I am!" His arms glowed with greenish energy as they sharpened, forming the start of an X-Scissor. "And I'll show you..."

"No one is my master!"
He dashed off...towards the tree, where Ankou was starting to step inside, and let out a battle cry. The woman paused, and half-turned towards him. "What ARE you doing? Bad dog, go chew on your toys."

"This hero crap is bullshit but I'll never let anyone say Edgelord isn't free!" He shouted as he slashed across Ankou's body with his most powerful attack.

She cried out as twin wounds opened up across her body. Letting out a bloodcurdling scream she thrust her hand forward and fired a Thunderbolt into Edgelord's chest. The protective armor shattered and the Scizor was sent flying backwards, crashing into the ground.

"I've had enough of this nonsense." Ankou said, breathing heavily, hair out of place, with eyes burning in hate.

Team Neo Not Dark, Day 30, S.S. Showdown

"Well aren't you an energetic group!" Captain said. "I suppose that's better for the kind of mission you're on. Mewtwo told me all about it and I gotta say I wouldn't want to try and deal with those Merm guys. Can't fly very well underwater." He seemed oddly casual about mentioning the name of a Legend who had spoken in his head.

"Oh, oh, oh, but the bubble flies! Well it doesn't fly it like swims but I guess it doesn't swim cause it don't got arms but neither do I but I can swim...I think. Brooke, can I swim?"

"I see now. This girl took all your energy did she? Well, feel free to make yourself home on my ship. I'd have one of my crew mates escort you around but Easter knows this place like the back of their hand."

"OH OH OH IS THAT A LEGENDARY FORMER CREW MEMBER?" One of the Rotom crew, a highly energetic looking girl with a blonde ponytail, zipped from above and almost crashed into Easter and began to shake his hand. "Clyde told me that the former crew were all really awesome! We're awesome too but next level awesome you know!" She looked at the others. "And you guys look strong too...you should totally fight some of the crew that'd be rad! We aren't the S.S. Showdown for nothin!"

"Aaand as you can see, this lovely lady is our own bundle of energy. Solana you're supposed to be watching out for any trouble."

"Psshhhhhh we'll be fiiiiine. Smooth sailing for miiiles Captain."

"Well, in any case, welcome aboard again. Hope you enjoy your voyage, however brief. I imagine it'll only take a day or two to reach your destination so take this time to rest up. And, Easter, we should catch up sometime."
He smiled at Brooke. "And you, as well, I wouldn't mind getting to know you."
He gave one glance at Denku, seemingly appraising him, and let out an approving grunt without saying any more.

Team Alola, Day 15, Mowloo

The Noctowl took a deep breath and stepped out in front of the group. The natives' expressions couldn't be read through the mask but they all, the ones they could see, seemed to tense up as she approached. The girl stood with back straight and her feet close together. She raised her arms in front of her and it looked like she was gearing up for an impressive speech...
A speech that neither Randy nor Marie could understand. It all seemed to be in the native's language.
The tone was firm, authoritative, and the natives that could be seen all stood at attention as she spoke. She swiped one of her hands across the air and her voice raised, the tone turning pleading, but in a commanding way, and several of the natives seemed to become uncertain, awkward, and not nearly as ready to fight.

But then several among them responded with anger in their voices. Anger that the girl tried to drown out but eventually washed over the group. Several of the natives, those more uncertain, swiftly ran off into the woods as the rest charged.

Many more dropped from trees all around the group and the militia soon found themselves embroiled in combat. The Tyranitar shouted out "For Mowloo!" Before dropping a volley of rocks upon several of the attacking natives.

The Noctowl hurried back towards Randy and Marie. She gasped out. "Hurry, Blake is not here. He will be with the Queen, that way. Follow the Aura of destruction, it will lead you there. This fight will only end when he is stopped."
----
As this went on Keanu and Blake would have made it back to the cocoon. The latter was kneeling in front of it with his eyes closed and Keanu could feel a sickening feeling of anger wash over him the longer that he stood there. Not anything from inside him. Just an oppressive feeling that permeated the air.

And then Blake's ears twitched and he snarled, then began to laugh. He stood slowly and turned to Keanu, a wild-eyed look in his face. "They come. The battle has begun, the Queen will feed upon this mayhem and be born anew!"

Taiga's sudden attack was met by approval from Groudon. "It takes determined decisions to move mountains!" He called out. As the first geyser was about to reach him he slammed his foot into the ground and sharp blades of earth raised up to take the hit instead. The second geyser, coming from near his feet, would wash over him however and he let out a grunt from the damage.

Tianzi's Solar Beam fired off in his direction as the water hit him but the tall man reacted to it without flinching at Taiga's attack. Even after taking that Water move he was able to respond to Tianzi. Energy formed in his mouth and he launched a Solar Beam of his own which crashed with Tianzi's. The two beams vanished as the energy cancelled each other out.

He reached for Taiga with his long arms and went to grab onto her foot and swing her into the ground.

But he didn't stay there for long even if he missed. He charged towards Scarlet as she set up her Swords Dance. "If you think I will let that go unpunished you are wrong." He roared, his fist wreathed in flames as he punched the girl.

Even the sudden Blizzard that kicked up between the two of them, summoned by a rather grumpy looking Isole, didn't slow him down much as his fist collided with the Scizor.

Team Karaoke, Day 27, Northshore

Nikora managed to deflect the Braviary's attack. However Nine's Flamethrower was on a course to strike him. Raising his hand he intended to launch a Dark Pulse at the flames but his body shook as an electric current went through his body. The Dark Pulse went wide and missed the flamethrower. Which caused the powered up flames to wash over him once more.

Letting out the smallest of cries Nikora fell down to his knees, clutching at his chest, and some of his practically oppressive aura seemed to diminish.

Gwen shakily floated towards him. "Is...this over?" She asked, uncertain.

Though as she got nearer he looked at her. His eyes dimmed and unfocused. Nikora raised his arm once more to fire off another Dark Pulse, even from his downed position. "This only ends...one way." he gasped out.

5bGoK6n.png

iU8EggM.png

"Hurry, Blake is not here. He will be with the Queen, that way. Follow the Aura of destruction, it will lead you there. This fight will only end when he is stopped."

Randy firmly nodded at the Noctowl, before glancing over his shoulder at the Tyranitar. "Can you handle all this, sir?" he asked, smirking slightly, knowing full well that he could. After all, IF he was the father of Allie, then he was fully capable of holding his own against them.

"Obviously, I was born in Trailsau. This is nothing."

"Heh, I leave it to you then." Randy nodded, before running straight into the village, making a B-Line to where Blake was located at, having Marie follow after him. Just follow the Aura of destruction, huh? Shouldn't be too hard. he thought.

iU8EggM.png

It wouldn't take long for Randy to make it to where Blake was. Though...this was something...that he wasn't expecting in the slightest.

Right now, he saw a familiar Zoroark standing in front of a giant egg-looking cocoon. Though it felt to him, the moment he stepped foot in this area, that these strange urges started to nip at his mind in quite the oppressive manner. The thoughts and urges to break and destroy things just kept coming to the forefront of his mind. Shaking this off a moment, he noticed quite a few effigies set around the cocoon and that they were on fire.

Blake saw him and Marie, causing him to give a dramatic bow, arms to the side, and smile toothily. "Welcome, outsider, to the place you die. That is, if you try and stop me."

"Blake..." Randy simply growled, shaking off the oppressive urges yet again. "Like hell it's gonna be the place I'm dying. So...if you can't get me, you go for one of my friends?!"

"Your friend wanted to help, why wouldn't I let him?" Blake snarled back.

Randy began to growl a bit louder. "Give...Keanu...back, ka wahine."

"That's up to him. Of course, if he decides to fight me, he'll die too. He's not my slave, we don't force people to do their bidding, outsider."

"Neither do we!" Randy responded quickly. "But apparently, you don't think of a Gijinka's friends as worth their time! Cause if one asked you to let them get their friends before leaving...you'd assume they're taking advantage of you." he growled, spitting on the ground slightly. "Ain't that what you told me at that holding cell??"

"I've had enough of your pathetic sniveling. You think you're so righteous just like the rest and there's nothing that can change that!" Blake began to laugh. "So I'll just rip out your insides instead."

This caused the Incineroar to grin widely and laugh as well. "I've heard that before...buddy, you can try all you like. But I'm still gonna come out on top!!" he growled, small sparks of fire emanating from his mouth as he spoke. "We're gettin' Keanu back...and we're going to beat that smug look off your damn face!!"

pl37ikL.jpg?1

oe3ZVDT.png

Team Showdown - Groudy's Mountain

Taiga's world began to spin, as her body was being dragged in the air.  That big lug was able to snatch her leg out of the air.  Now, she was at his mercy.  It felt like an eternity, but Taiga's body finally made contact with the ground, albeit a bit roughly.  In all actuality, it was extremely roughly, as the impact knocked the air out of Taiga.  Naturally, this amount of strength from a Legend wouldn't have shocked her, but it was still a lot to take in after a walloping like that!  She got her breath back, almost immediately, and sprang to her feat.  Isole whipped up a Blizzard, which helped cool her down.  The mixture of high temperatures, and icy air made the air plenty moist.  It reinvigorated her.  

"C'mon you sissies!  I'm the only one that's hit him already!  If you don't count that light breeze from Isole!  FUFUFU! Taiga exclaimed with a smile.  However, her smile turned sour when she saw Scarlet get knocked around by Groudy's Fire Punch.  Her lip twitched, and her teeth started to grind.  "Get away from her you walkin' pile of rubble!"  Taiga said, as her teeth started to glow.  A pair of spectral jaws appeared in front of her face, that seemed to have the same glimmer as the frosty air around them.  She dashed off towards Groudon, as the jaws mimicked her own mouth, opening as wide as they could.  Taiga ran up from behind the legend, and slammed the frosted jaws down on Groudon's tail.  

"I ain't opposed to fightin' dirty like this!  After all...you punched my girl!  FUFUFUFU!  Taiga said, with a mouthful, keeping her jaws shut to have the spectral pair do the same.  From underneath her foot, a geyser of water emanated.  She kicked her foot forward a bit, letting the geyser loose from underneath her foot, as it rushed toward's Groudy's face.  

She could feel the fight getting amped up!  She was faster now!  

Archived