Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

Brooke was stuck in a perpetual state of instinctual terror. She was a Fire-type; a heavy rain was enough to make her sick for days. What would being completely submerged in the ocean cause? She hadn’t put a whole lot of thought into it before she was trapped inside of an elastic bubble that threatened to break at anytime, but now she had nothing to do except think about it.

The blood drained from her face and she almost retched when Dora flopped down, pushing them beneath the water. “Dora! Knock it off,” she snapped in a rare moment of anger. Immediately, she felt guilty about it. She pulled her knees up to her chest and buried her head in her hands. “Sorry. Just... be careful please. All this water is making me nervous.”

"Sooo," she was distracted from her misery by Easter. "Might be a bit late, but, thinking about it, we don't really know much about each other, like where we came from, what we were doing before we became a group. Well, except for Brooke and Dora, I know you two have been together for a while," he nodded at the duo.

“Yeah. I was taking care of Dora and Fawkes before all this started,” she said, without raising her head up.

"Might as well start. As for me, I'm from Northshore. It's where I learned what I know about music." Easter hesitated. So he wasn’t as confident as he wanted everyone to think, huh? She could relate. The only way a Gijinka survived in Deku was by putting up a strong front. "I...ran away from home," he admitted. "Or...well, I was kicked out. Suffice to say, my parents didn't approve of my fashion choices."

So his parents hadn’t been comfortable with his crossdressing. She hadn’t ever thought of it, but that made a lot of sense. It was a pretty controversial thing in the more conservative cities. Sometimes, hearing about things like that, she was glad she had never known her parents. Being alone meant that nobody ever had a chance to disappoint her.

"Traveled to Trailsau for a bit, but didn't stay there long. Went to Adarid next, fought in their arena for a few years, though I could never beat the champion," he shook his head, a wry smile on his face. "And then I traveled over here, where I joined the S.S. Showdown," he swallowed. "There was...an incident. Well, the old crew and I, we left after that. Traveled around for a bit, and ended up in Juyu, though I hear it got destroyed. Went to Deku, which also got destroyed, and then to Coldharbour, which, again, got destroyed." He chuckled, "If I didn't know any better, I'd think I was the cause of all of that. Come to think of it, didn't Mioter get attacked as well? The world's gotten more exciting lately, that's for sure."

An incident. The way he talked about it… whatever the incident was, it was probably tragic. Brooke wasn’t sure she wanted to know. Another hard life, another sob story, another awkward round of “I’m so sorry”s, she felt like a terrible person but she wasn’t sure how many more tears she had left to shed. “Whatever’s going on, it’s not your fault. You’re crazy, but you’re not that crazy,” she said, finally raising her head just enough to smirk at him, though she still looked incredibly pale.

"Exciting is certainly a word to use to describe the state of the world," Denku agreed. "Well, since you poured out your heart to us, I might as well return the favor," He took a deep breath. "I grew up in Juyu. I really don't know much about my father, I just know something happened between him and my mother. She remarried to a woman, one that had a son, a little Gible named Kazo... the brother I'm looking for.”

Denku was looking for his brother? That was news to her. She was ashamed to admit that with all the events of the past few weeks, she really didn’t know much about him at all.

"Growing up was... different, to say the least. Kazo's mom really hated him, for a reason I never understood. Something about wanting a daughter and getting him instead. Kazo was a tall kid for his age, and had the look of a troublemaker, so a lot of fairy types took pleasure in attacking him... they found it funny such a big dragon was really unable to defend himself, since no one would believe such a tough looking kid was really a timid little boy. So, I did what a big brother should, and defended him. Got me in a lot of trouble, but I didn't care...," he paused. "My mother didn't like the way Kazo was being treated, but Kaz's mom didn't give a rat's ass... the two fought about constantly... until one day, they just... split apart."

Damn. She already knew where this was going.

He looked back at them. "My mom took me and moved to Ogren, leaving my brother behind. I never really forgave her for that, and I promised myself I'd get strong enough to take care of myself and head back to Juyu and save my bro," He chuckled. "It never really happened though," He tapped on his chest, right over his heart. "I learned about two years ago I had a heart disease. It causes me a lot of pain, and makes me spit up blood, not to mention it's going to kill me. I really don't know when. Could be in the next five minutes, could be in ten years," He sighed and scratched his cheek. "So I took a year to get used to the pain, and then set out to find my brother... It's been going poorly," he shook his head. "I went to Juyu, found out he wasn't there... then went to Pride Rock, got caught up in a war, met Xerneas, and then was teleported to Coldharbour, where I met all of you.”

Okay, that was a lot to unpack. She had been right about his parents splitting up, but… he was dying? Brooke wasn’t sure how to feel about that. She had lost friends before, of course, but almost of them had been to the fighting that dominated the streets of her hometown. What was it like to have a death sentence looming over your head? To know that no matter what you did, the sand was running out? She couldn’t even imagine. “I’m so sorry,” she said, pulling her hat down over her eyes to hide the tears that threatened to overflow. “There’s nothing that can be done to fix it? No medicine or anything?”

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“There’s nothing that can be done to fix it? No medicine or anything?” This was why Denku didn't like telling people. They always either got hurt, like Brooke here, or pitied him, and he didn't like it himself.

"Every doctor I've seen says there's nothing they can do. They gave me medicine that surpressed the effects, but... I ran out of that about three weeks into my journey," he paused, thinking to himself. "Apparently some berries replicate the effect, but I haven't been in berry heavy places so...,"

There was one more thing... Something he didn't want to say out loud. He didn't want it to be false hope, especially to himself, however, it could change everything.

"There is one more thing. Ever since I met Xerneas... I haven't had an episode. Maybe her healing wave healed my condition... Or it could be a temporary fix. I just don't know myself,"

Team Mac, Day 32, Road to Ogren

"At least you're an electric type. Kazo and I are both weak to water, and do you hear us complaining?"

"And I come from a desert. You know.  No water?" Mac snapped back. She tried to glower at the boy but, as Kazo picked her up, she let out a startled "eep" and kicked out instinctively.

Kazo had wanted her not to struggle. And so of course...she struggled. She flailed about and started yelling. "What are you doing? Put me down, this is no way to treat a lady! Or your leader! Leader lady! Do you plan on doing this for the whole trip or something?"

She glanced over at Ari, giving him a look. "We don't need anyone to help us, isn't that right Ari?"

Team Neo Not Dark, Day 32, Under The Sea

"Parents can be silly. Bad silly." Dora said, nodding sagely to Easter's story. She didn't entirely get it but she thought, perhaps, that Easter wasn't so much different from herself in some ways.

She got silent as the Sylveon continued, simply listening passively and watching the fish swim past. Kicking her feet in the air as the bubble settled on the seafloor.

Her kicking slowed to a stop as Denku spoke and, by the time they finished, they were laying flat on the bottom of the bubble. She moved to a sitting position, looking over at the young man. "Being sick is no good." She said, slowly, quietly. "Sickness....is a bad thing." She tilted her head, thinking hard, before speaking again. "But you're still here. And that means...you aren't gone. And if you're not gone you can...stay not gone." She nodded to herself. "Sick doesn't mean gone." And again, quieter, as if to herself. "Sick doesn't mean gone."

Team Showdown, Day 30, Southshore Forest

While Zygarde had gotten several blows onto Taiga she was forced to a stop as it got caught in a double, in one sense literal, pincer attack. Veronica's bite had stung, and she tried to swing back to hit her only to hit air. And then Scarlet's attack had latched onto her side and drew blood. Causing her to roar in pain. The Blizzard struck as she was focused on these two and, when she tried to get back to pounding on the only target in reach, said target bit onto her wrist.

The Legend shook, and a sort of steam seemed to leak from her body.

She then started to grow larger and her body became covered in a scaly armor. Finally what was essentially a black visor formed over her head and she threw her head back and roared once more.

Slamming her foot on the ground waves of energy shot from her, tearing both Taiga and Scarlet off of her.

She took a step forward, towards where Taiga had gone, but hesitated. With a growl she turned towards the forest, where the flames were gathering, and sent out a wave of energy that way instead. While she knocked a couple trees down it did seem to serve to quell some of the fire.

Team Karaoke, Day 28, Road to Juyu

"Good one..."

Gwen smiled sweetly at Lok. However, as he made his joke, she shook her head, leaned forward so that her face was close to his, and wagged her finger. "Tut tut, don't try and force it now. You can't make a good joke with a sour attitude." She then put her palm against Lok's cheek. "I know things are hard but we'll make it through. You can talk to us you know. I'm good at that sort of thing and Nine...." She looked over at the Houndoom. "Well, he's...Nine."

---

"so Jirachi. We've likely seen this place at different times, so what was the Juyu you remembered like? Or the Adarid for that matter."

"Oh you make me sound so old." Jirachi said. "Well...it was quite some time ago I suppose. But, when Juyu started...it was much the same as what it has been recently. Constant music, and feasts, celebrating...well, us." She added the last a bit bashfully. "Azriel was so much happier then..." She stopped. "Ah, well...Adarid City right? Well, from what I know it is much different. Much...darker. Greedier. Hungrier." She looked away, seemingly pained by this. "It's all fallen so far."

ZzcS3Rf.png

Walking alongside Jirachi, Nine thought about what she had to say about the world at large, and wondered how things had changed so far. He raised an eyebrow at the mention of Azriel, wondering just how old the man was...or perhaps how much younger was Jirachi then he initially thought. All the same, looking towards her pained expression Nine couldn't help but wonder about the issues at large, and especially how it must've been for a being who could hear all the wishes in the world. "Yeah...it wasn't in the best of shape when I last visited it..." Nine thought about it more before saying, "well, at least of your...associates? - not really sure how well all legends get along - are there, so if they're like of mind with you, I'm sure things won't be in the dark state they are forever." 

DcxYSU0.png?1

Marie seemed to be satisfied by both of the answers, though looked to Randy saying, "I appreciate it, but remember that counter bullying is still bullying. Still, thanks." As the group had set off on the road once more, walking on the trial they took from the jungle originally to begin their way towards Trailsau, Marie looked back towards the rest of the group. With a finger to her chin, tapping it a bit, the girl stopped as she looked at Nani saying,"by the way Nani, do you really like Pikachus or something?" It only just seemed to occur to the girl that she had yet to actually see the Mimikyu's face, and with idle curiosity, seemed to the be looking the costume they were wearing up and down. 

UNOHESy.png

Poké: 500

Inventory: Good Rod, Antidote x2, Kasib Berry

"I promise I won't do anything insane, Marie. Though I will say this...if they try and threaten you guys...I'll step in immediately. I'm keeping my guard up just to make sure nothing happens."

"I appreciate it, but remember that counter bullying is still bullying. Still, thanks."

The last time Randy had tried to step in, didn't he end up in jail? It would probably be a good idea to stop him. Hopefully Marie had that covered. Nani wasn't sure she'd be able to stop the Incineroar, even if she tried. Which she didn't want to. Speaking of Marie, the Popplio Brionne then presented Nani with a question.

"By the way Nani, do you really like Pikachus or something?"

"Mm?" Nani paused for a moment. What was she asking that for? ...right, the costume! "O-Oh. Oh, that. It was more, there was this really popular girl where I grew up and she was a Pikachu. So I figured, if my costume looked kind of like one, would I also be popular? But I've also heard that most Mimikyus end up with costumes like this, even if they didn't grow up near any Pikachus." WIth a shrug, Nani concluded "I don't really get it, but maybe it's something burned into our subconscious as a species? What kind of species would you suggest for a costume if not Pikachu?"

pl37ikL.jpg?1

oe3ZVDT.png

Team Showdown - Southshore Forest

Taiga could feel the legend tremble while in her grasp.  However, a layer of armor seemed to build itself up and around Zygarde.  A wave of energy burst from her body, knocking Taiga off and towards the clearing once more.  Taking a good look at them now, Taiga could see she had upped her game by another level.  

"So...showing your true form now huh?"  Taiga was sweating bullets.  "You legends and your forms."  She smirked.  The next attack shot right past her, fast enough to not even notice, but it did not hit either her or Scarlet.  Instead, it hit the trees behind them, quelling the roaring fire that was only starting to get higher and higher.  Taiga didn't like it, but she had to think for once.  Zygarde was obviously peeved at the fact that the forest was on fire...was she some sort of nature guardian?  Would stopping the fire stop her rampage?  She frazzled her hair in annoyance, but after that power boost, it was clear that they were still outmatched.  She looked at her fist that still trembled from the last attack.  

"Damn...and here I thought I had a chance to take them down."  Taiga looked to Scarlet.  "I've got a plan.  You just need to make sure that if Zygarde attacks me or anyone else that you guard for them.  You're the one who can take the most hits here.  One more and I'm gonna turn into a liquid."  She scanned for that Crobat from before, and then pointed to her.  "You.  Distract Zygarde.  'Less you gotta way to deal with the fire."  Finally she yelled towards Isole.  "Yo!  Take my lead!"  With a sigh, she darted from the battlefield with a pillar of water rushing beneath her feet.  

"Here I go!  Fire Fighter Taiga, reporting in!  Fufufufu!"  She said, as she jumped down the length of the waterfall, squeezing it and bending it to rush into any fire she could quench.  

8GrkkS0.png

"And I come from a desert. You know.  No water?" Mac snapped back. She tried to glower at the boy but right about then Kazo scooped them both up.

"Right, let's make this a bit easier for all of us, okay?"

The Helioptile then let out a startled "eep" and kicked out instinctively. She flailed about and started yelling. "What are you doing? Put me down, this is no way to treat a lady! Or your leader! Leader lady! Do you plan on doing this for the whole trip or something?" She glanced over at Ari, giving him a look. "We don't need anyone to help us, isn't that right Ari?"

Ari, on the other hand, was quite relieved that he didn't have to walk on the ground anymore. He held a hand over his mouth, snickering at Mac. "Wow, for a leader lady, you look pretty un-undignified right now," he paused to make sure he was pronouncing the word correctly. "And I'm fine being carried. Well, just for a little bit," he quickly corrected. He didn't want to be carried the whole way, that would be undignified.

--

m0FODxE.png

“Whatever’s going on, it’s not your fault. You’re crazy, but you’re not that crazy.”

"Parents can be silly. Bad silly."

"Thanks," Easter gave a wry smile, but his eyes were a touch warmer than before.

Listening to the others relate their life stories, the Sylveon felt sad, but also surprised at the feeling of warmth swelling up within him. He was happy that they trusted him enough to talk about themselves like this, though he had started it with his own story. Though to be honest, it was ridiculous that they had traveled so far and done so much together and hadn't really talked about themselves. At all. Maybe if he had been more honest, Fawkes wouldn't have...

Hearing the word "fairy" was enough to shake him from his thoughts. It was like a reversal of his own experiences. Though he knew fairy types could get carried away with their pranks or attacks, it was more akin to a child's cruelty than anything else. Still, he wasn't going to apologize for what his fellow fairy types did. He had never hurt Kazo himself, and after all, dark and dragon types were capable of much, much worse. He had seen that firsthand. His eyes darkened at the thought.

Kazo's story was an eye-opener, regardless. So Denku had also been separated from his sibling because of his parents. While Easter didn't feel much in regards to his baby sister, perhaps if they had had the time to get to know one another they would have had a closer bond. How much more anger would he feel toward his parents then at them being separated? No wonder Denku always looked a little bitter and brooding.

And then he revealed the sickness that plagued him, and the Sylveon straightened upright at that.

“I’m so sorry,” Brooke said, pulling her hat down over her eyes. “There’s nothing that can be done to fix it? No medicine or anything?”

"Every doctor I've seen says there's nothing they can do. They gave me medicine that surpressed the effects, but... I ran out of that about three weeks into my journey," he paused. "Apparently some berries replicate the effect, but I haven't been in berry heavy places so..." He stopped, hesitant, before speaking again. "There is one more thing. Ever since I met Xerneas... I haven't had an episode. Maybe her healing wave healed my condition... Or it could be a temporary fix. I just don't know myself." 

Dora stopped her kicking then, moving to a sitting position, looking over at the young man. "Being sick is no good." She said, slowly, quietly. "Sickness....is a bad thing." She tilted her head, thinking hard, before speaking again. "But you're still here. And that means...you aren't gone. And if you're not gone you can...stay not gone." She nodded to herself. "Sick doesn't mean gone." And again, quieter, as if to herself. "Sick doesn't mean gone."

"Right," Easter agreed. "As long as you're still here, you can still change things, make a difference. Who knows. Xerneas could've healed you. She is the goddess of life, after all. If anybody could help you, it'd be her. Or Jirachi." He smiled wistfully.

--

StUyAql.png

Keanu was mainly keeping to himself as the others conversed, though he did perk his head up at the word "Pikachu," temporarily forgetting his glumness. Huh? Somebody talking about me? He replayed the last few seconds in his head. Oh, that was a good question. Though most of the Mimikyu he had heard about dressed up like Pikachu, so maybe it was a cult thing?

"Mm?" Nani paused for a moment. "O-Oh. Oh, that. It was more, there was this really popular girl where I grew up and she was a Pikachu. So I figured, if my costume looked kind of like one, would I also be popular? But I've also heard that most Mimikyus end up with costumes like this, even if they didn't grow up near any Pikachus." WIth a shrug, Nani concluded "I don't really get it, but maybe it's something burned into our subconscious as a species? What kind of species would you suggest for a costume if not Pikachu?"

Well that was a saner reason than he had thought it'd be. Driving away thoughts of Mimikyu wearing Pikachu skin, he smiled. "You could wear a Popplio costume! Or an Eevee. Or hmm, I wonder what a Mimikyu costume would look like?"

--

ETbkiW0.png

"Well... we got a job to do."

"It figures," Veronica scoffed. "Even now you won't run. Fools. I suppose I'll have to fight alongside you then."

The woman's expression changed to horror as Zygarde changed form, and then hesitation as she watched the legendary attempt to quell the flames. She shook her head, gritting her teeth. It was then that Taiga pointed at her. "You.  Distract Zygarde.  'Less you gotta way to deal with the fire."  Finally the blue-and-white-haired girl yelled towards Isole.  "Yo!  Take my lead!"  With a sigh, she darted from the battlefield with a pillar of water rushing beneath her feet, seeking to quench the fire.

"The least you could do is remember my name," the Crobat huffed, before continuing, "and I was going to do that anyway without you saying anything." She glanced once more at the Sharpedo before turning back to the legendary, expression determined. "So this is how the great and powerful Zygarde acts," she sneered. "You don't even care about right or wrong, you just want to attack the nearest gijinka that might be guilty. How degenerate." She raised her arms in front of her face in an X position, where they started to glow bright purple, before shooting out a fast stream of poison in the shape of a cross, directly at the legendary.

5bGoK6n.png

iU8EggM.png

"I appreciate it, but remember that counter bullying is still bullying. Still, thanks."

Randy chuckled, only flashing a smile and presenting Marie with a thumbs up. It was the only thing he could do at this point, after all. Their little negotiator pretty much gave him an order to be on his best behavior. And he'd do what he absolutely could for the moment.

"By the way Nani, do you really like Pikachus or something?"

"Mm? O-Oh. Oh, that. It was more, there was this really popular girl where I grew up and she was a Pikachu. So I figured, if my costume looked kind of like one, would I also be popular? But I've also heard that most Mimikyus end up with costumes like this, even if they didn't grow up near any Pikachus. I don't really get it, but maybe it's something burned into our subconscious as a species? What kind of species would you suggest for a costume if not Pikachu?"

"You could wear a Popplio costume! Or an Eevee. Or hmm, I wonder what a Mimikyu costume would look like?"

This little conversation did make the Incineroar think, as he tossed his arms behind his head a bit. "Popplio and Eevee sound like they'd actually be cool costumes. Me personally...I think something a bit more fiery would be more beneficial!" he chuckled, glancing at the group. "I could see some Charmander and Litten costumes being a cool thing. Hell, maybe even a Dratini or Dragonite!"

"What are you doing? Put me down, this is no way to treat a lady! Or your leader! Leader lady! Do you plan on doing this for the whole trip or something?" She glanced over at Ari, giving him a look. "We don't need anyone to help us, isn't that right Ari?"

"Wow, for a leader lady, you look pretty un-undignified right now," Ari teased, causing Kazo to chuckle and shake his head. "And I'm fine being carried. Well, just for a little bit," 

"Mac, I'm only doing this so that we can get to Ogren faster," Kazo said. "It's just a lackey looking out for the leader. Would you rather I ignored you when you obviously didn't like walking in the mud?" He asked, hoping to appease her. Either way, he kept walking, not placing either of them down. The faster they got through this swamp, the better. 

"Being sick is no good." Dora said. "Sickness....is a bad thing." Great, now he made Dora upset. This was why he never told people things. "But you're still here. And that means...you aren't gone. And if you're not gone you can...stay not gone. Sick doesn't mean gone. Sick doesn't mean gone."

That caught Denku's attention. Did Dora lose someone close to her because they were sick? Well, now that was yet another reason to feel guilty over telling them. However... it was better to tell them then to just flop over dead the next second. 

"Right," Easter agreed. "As long as you're still here, you can still change things, make a difference. Who knows. Xerneas could've healed you. She is the goddess of life, after all. If anybody could help you, it'd be her. Or Jirachi." Denku just nodded in response.

"Yeah, she could have," He said with a nod. "Hopefully she did, but it doesn't matter if she didn't. I'll keep fighting and pushing until my last breath, or until I see him again... whichever comes first," He shook his head and turned to Brooke and Dora. "Now, come on, I told my story, it's your guys' turn,"

Southshore Forest Team Showdown

As Scarlet's pincers struck the legend, Zygarde let out a roar of pain. The Scizor tried to keep her grip on the legend as much as she could, trying to land another Bug Bite on her, although her growing and the steam made it rather difficult. Scizor pulled out her pincers from the legend and, as she saw her raise her foot, the Scizor knew it was time to leave.

Scarlet dashed out of the way, dodging the waves of the earth coming right at her. She noticed that she didn't actually need to dodge all that much, almost as if it wasn't aimed at her. Instead it hit the trees behind them, putting out the fires. Zygarde seemed much more focused on putting out these fires, even at the start of the fight. Hell the only reason she attacked them was because she apparently thought they had started them.

Taiga seemed to be on the same train of thought as she spoke up. "I've got a plan." Scarlet turned to the shark, listening. She had an idea of what her plan was, since she was asking Scarlet to play body guard. Scarlet wasn't too keen on the idea of taking another hit, although Taiga was right - out of all of them, Scarlet was the only one that could probably take at least two more hits from the legend before going down. Despite her subconsciously grasping at her dented armor, she nodded. 

"I'm countin' on ya!" Scarlet said as Taiga jetted away. Victoria followed suit, and so did Scarlet. She kept an eye on Zygarde, prepared to lung herself to protect her friends. Even if it was going to hurt like hell.

Northshore Team Karaoke

"Tut tut, don't try and force it now. You can't make a good joke with a sour attitude." Lok let out a sigh, before nearly jumping as she placed her hand on his cheek. "I know things are hard but we'll make it through. You can talk to us you know. I'm good at that sort of thing and Nine.... Well, he's...Nine." Lok gave out a bit of a force chuckle, keeping a small smile on his face. She cared, a bit too much. Lok didn't like that he was making her feel bad with his slightly personal drama.

"Yeah... you're right..." He said, backing off from the ghost girl. "You don't.... don't have to worry so much though." He said, lifting his head. "I'm fine... already over it... honest." He said, giving the girl a big, if a bit forced, toothy grin. "We should probably start ahead though, not much time to stand around and talk." He said before the girl could say anything about his rather poor performance, making his way towards Nine.

x393wz.jpg

As Lok walked up to Nine and Jirachi, the legend sounded a bit depressed about Adarid. She seemed to miss how it used to be, which only served to dampen Lok's mood more. "well, at least of your...associates? - not really sure how well all legends get along - are there, so if they're like of mind with you, I'm sure things won't be in the dark state they are forever."

"Yeah." Lok chimed in, walking towards the two. "I'm sure once all of this is over, everything will go back to being better." As he spoke, Fiona's words rang in his head. About how this was a fruitless endeavor. He shook his head; she was wrong.

She had to be.

Team Karaoke, Day 30, Juyu

"well, at least of your...associates? - not really sure how well all legends get along - are there, so if they're like of mind with you, I'm sure things won't be in the dark state they are forever."

Jirachi looked bashful for a moment. "I...have no idea what the other Legends are thinking. I've not seen them in...a long time." She admitted. "But...the one we are going to see isn't what I would call an associate." Her voice got quieter, and felt choked with emotion, as she finished, "She's my daughter."

---

The city of Juyu seemed to be recovering from its destruction at a steady pace. There were still many areas that needed work but several sections of the city were up and running almost as good as before. Though there were still a ridiculously large amount of refugees crowding around.

Including the crowd that gathered around the group. They had seen Jirachi with them and, despite not knowing who she was, they could tell she was someone important. They crowded closer and closer, demanding to know just who she was and what she was doing there.

"Yo!  Take my lead!"

Isole gave Taiga an annoyed look. First she wanted her to fight and now she wants her to not fight? "Why should I care about some stupid forest." She muttered, even as she got to the end of the clearing that Taiga wasn't by, and launching a Blizzard attack at the flames. Coating the trees in ice which melted away and dropped water upon the flames. "This is so stupid." She said, shaking her head and sighing.

"You don't even care about right or wrong, you just want to attack the nearest gijinka that might be guilty. How degenerate."

"Your guilt is clear on your face, murderer." Zygarde said, her voice reverberating behind the mask she was wearing. The poison attack was fast, and it almost reached Zygarde, but the Legend seemed ready to counter. The draconic laser from before came crashing down and cut through the attack on the way towards the Crobat. Thus the attack was weakened as it splashed across Zygarde's hardened body.

The laser was intercepted as Scarlet got in the way of the attack and was struck instead. With a slow shake of her head, Zygarde sent another volley of Arrows at the pair.

Team Mac, Day 34, Outside Ogren

"Wow, for a leader lady, you look pretty un-undignified right now,"

"That's why I want to be let down!" Mac snapped, struggling even more. "This is no way for a leader to be transported!" She sighed and flopped her body after some more struggling, resigned to her fate. "You don't look very regal either." She mumbled at Ari.

"It's just a lackey looking out for the leader. Would you rather I ignored you when you obviously didn't like walking in the mud?"

"Fine! Just...warn me next time." She said, once more in her grumbling tone.

---

It took a couple days but the group would eventually get within site of the city. It wasn't huge like some others but it was still quite large. And, as the ground was even more marshy in this area, it was built on large wooden walkways that were held aloft by giant stilts. Mac let out a happy groan as she laid eyes on them. "Solid...well, not ground, but look! Somewhere to walk on that doesn't try and drown you!"

Team Neo Not Dark, Day 32, Under the Sea

"Now, come on, I told my story, it's your guys' turn,"

Dora flopped onto her back and the bubble gave a small lurch, before slowly moving its way forward again. She stared up at the top of the bubble, where a squid was lazily making its way across, and rocked her head back and forth gently. "I'm little." She said. "So I got a little story. I lived in Merm with my mama and papa. She's a real pretty Milotic and he's a big strong Empoleon." The girl didn't seem to see the obvious strangeness of the species of her parents as she continued on as though nothing odd had been said. "Papa didn't want me to leave but mama...knew that I really, really, wanted to. So she sent Gisei...to bring me to the surface. And...stuff happened, and I ended up on my own...and then I met Brooke!"

She finished and looked over at the young woman in question, falling startlingly silent as she tried to read the Emboar's expression.

8GrkkS0.png

"That's why I want to be let down!" Mac snapped, struggling even more. "This is no way for a leader to be transported!" She sighed and flopped her body after some more struggling, resigned to her fate. "You don't look very regal either." She mumbled at Ari.

"Well it's a good thing nobody's watching, then," the Litleo replied smugly.

"It's just a lackey looking out for the leader. Would you rather I ignored you when you obviously didn't like walking in the mud?"

"Fine! Just...warn me next time." The Helioptile said, once more in her grumbling tone.

"If he warned you, you'd have refused to be picked up in the first place," Ari pointed out.

It took a couple days for the trio to get within sight of the city. It wasn't huge like some others but it was still quite large. And, as the ground was even more marshy in this area, it was built on large wooden walkways that were held aloft by giant stilts. Mac let out a happy groan as she laid eyes on them. "Solid...well, not ground, but look! Somewhere to walk on that doesn't try and drown you!"

"Yay!" Ari cheered. "I don't want to drown. It sounds painful. And wet."

--

m0FODxE.png

"Yeah, she could have," Denku said with a nod. "Hopefully she did, but it doesn't matter if she didn't. I'll keep fighting and pushing until my last breath, or until I see him again... whichever comes first," He shook his head and turned to Brooke and Dora. "Now, come on, I told my story, it's your guys' turn."

Dora flopped onto her back and the bubble gave a small lurch, before slowly moving its way forward again. She stared up at the top of the bubble and rocked her head back and forth. "I'm little." She said. "So I got a little story. I lived in Merm with my mama and papa. She's a real pretty Milotic and he's a big strong Empoleon. Papa didn't want me to leave but mama...knew that I really, really, wanted to. So she sent Gisei...to bring me to the surface. And...stuff happened, and I ended up on my own...and then I met Brooke!"

She finished and looked over at the young woman in question, falling silent.

There were many questions Easter wanted to ask. Such as why neither one of her parents happened to be a Quagsire, who Gisei was, what exactly happened that made it so that she ended up alone with Brooke, with no "Gisei" in sight, things like that. But he also had a feeling Dora wouldn't be able to properly answer those questions, so he just commented with a "Well, I bet they'll be really happy to see you again." He wasn't sure how the group would react if Dora's "parents" decided they wanted her to stay in Merm, though. Especially Brooke. He shot a glance to the Emboar himself. She had to have thought of such things, it couldn't be he was the only one anticipating problems ahead of them.

--

StUyAql.png

Randy tossed his arms behind his head a bit. "Popplio and Eevee sound like they'd actually be cool costumes. Me personally...I think something a bit more fiery would be more beneficial!" he chuckled, glancing at the group. "I could see some Charmander and Litten costumes being a cool thing. Hell, maybe even a Dratini or Dragonite!"

"Trust the fire type to prefer fiery costumes," Keanu teased. "But Dratini, huh. That could be interesting. And probably less strange to look at than a Pikachu costume." It really was odd to see double all the time. He wondered how the others felt when--he stopped suddenly as an idea hit him. "Or maybe Incineroar. You could be Randy's apprentice," he grinned at the fire type. "Or Marie's twin Brionne sister," he snickered.

--

ETbkiW0.png

"Your guilt is clear on your face, murderer." Zygarde said, her voice reverberating behind the mask she was wearing.

Veronica's face darkened at that, her expression twisting into a sneer. "My face is but a reflection of your own guilty conscience."

The poison attack was fast, and it almost reached Zygarde, but the Legend seemed ready to counter. The draconic laser from before came crashing down and cut through the attack on the way towards the Crobat. Thus the attack was weakened as it splashed across Zygarde's hardened body.

The woman braced herself for the attack, but the laser was intercepted as Scarlet got in the way and was struck instead. With a slow shake of her head, Zygarde sent another volley of Arrows at the pair.

"Are you well?" Veronica asked, but she didn't have the time to concentrate on the Scizor for long. With her Tailwind-boosted speed, she zipped toward Zygarde, thus shooting past the Arrows, and materialized that same giant pair of fangs, chomping down on the dragon legendary.

UNOHESy.png

Poké: 500

Inventory: Good Rod, Antidote x2, Kasib Berry

"You could wear a Popplio costume! Or an Eevee. Or hmm, I wonder what a Mimikyu costume would look like?"

"It would look hideous. We wear these costumes for a reason."

"Popplio and Eevee sound like they'd actually be cool costumes. Me personally...I think something a bit more fiery would be more beneficial! I could see some Charmander and Litten costumes being a cool thing. Hell, maybe even a Dratini or Dragonite!"

Leave it to the Incineroar to think of-- "Trust the fire type to prefer fiery costumes." ...yeah, that. "But Dratini, huh. That could be interesting. And probably less strange to look at than a Pikachu costume. Or maybe Incineroar. You could be Randy's apprentice. Or Marie's twin Brionne sister."

Hmmm... Nani tried picturing those different costume ideas in her head. Most of them seemed weird or impractical. Litten seemed alright for a moment, but not so great that it would be worth the effort of creating an entire new costume. It was easier to just stick with the Pikachu costume. Nani shook her head lightly, the slightest of smiles on her face. Even if the costume ideas weren't that great, she'd be lying if she said this was a bad conversation. It was nice. Maybe she should have shown herself sooner?

...nah.

"I'll think about it. It doesn't seem worth the effort to start work on a new costume right now, but maybe later on?" She considered tossing in the idea of a Tapu costume of some sort, but the more she thought about that, wouldn't that make her look arrogant? Dressing up like one of the Tapus themselves seemed like it could give off that vibe. She'd hate for people to get the wrong impression just based on what she was wearing.

5bGoK6n.png

iU8EggM.png

"Trust the fire type to prefer fiery costumes."

"Ey! Watch it..." Randy rolled his eyes with a laugh. "Heck, if I wanted to, I could've also mentioned some darker costumes...remember, Fire/Dark."

"But Dratini, huh. That could be interesting. And probably less strange to look at than a Pikachu costume. Or maybe Incineroar. You could be Randy's apprentice. Or Marie's twin Brionne sister."

Now the mention of Nani dressing as an Incineroar and becoming his apprentice. This idea...this idea did have merit! Yeah...yeah! I could possibly take her under my wing and show her the ropes on how to fight like an Incineroar...then again, maaaaaaybe it would be a bad idea. he thought, his eyes glancing at Marie. ...she'd end up having to deal with TWO of me at that point.

"I'll think about it. It doesn't seem worth the effort to start work on a new costume right now, but maybe later on?"

Randy gave a quick shrug, before chuckling. "You do you, Nani. That's all I'll say. Though if DO think about getting into an Incineroar costume...I am taking applications for an apprentice." he joked, laughing a bit more. "So...how much further til we reach Trailsau?"

DcxYSU0.png?1

Marie seemed a bit off put by the matter of fact declaration from Nani about Mimikyu's being ugly, but didn't dwell on it for long as the conversation soon turned to more about Nani's costumes. Marie seemed particularly thrilled at the idea of the "twin sister" costume, but instead said, "well, you don't need a Brionne costume. Since, when I get older, I'll also be part Fairy, and we'll be even closer to being sisters then!" Bright eyed as she said this, she then waved her hand at Randy's comment saying, "I'd steer clear from being a wrestling apprentice. Oh, you're good at hiding and stuff, so what if you got into doing magic tricks? I'm sure you'd be great at those." 

With Randy's next question, Marie pulled out the map and took a look at it before trailing her finger around the road. "Well, I think we're somewhere like a day or two from reaching the crossroads where we left from normally. And after that...ummm," Marie wasn't quite sure how to read the long distances on the map and after tapping her finger across it for a bit she just said, "awhile?" 

ZzcS3Rf.png

Nine figured that it made sense that the legends didn't have much contact with each other, given that what he had seen so far they all seemed up to living in their own kind of seclusion. Nine's expression, however, went to more solemn as Jirachi spoke about Meloetta. Realizing now why the legend probably wanted to get there equally, if not more than him, he simply said, "well, we best get there as quickly as we can then." 

As the crowd of people started gathering around them, Nine knew that a swarm of desperate people was only going to make getting to where they needed to go harder and so the man merely said, "if you could all give us some space. We're on some very important business to talk with the local law enforcement of this town, and when we're all done, I'm sure things will start to look brighter for you folk. So, we need to get to the local sheriff's office first."

pl37ikL.jpg?1

oe3ZVDT.png

"Why should I care about some stupid forest.  This is so stupid." 

Isole's Blizzard was working as intended, having frozen the trees and melted the ice to make everything less likely to catch on fire.  However, the statement irked Taiga a bit, and she couldn't help but snap back at the gijinka.  

"You're stupid!"  She chomped the air viciously.  "What's stupid is fightin' that thing when it's angry, instead of calmin' it down a bit!"  Taiga bit down on her bottom lip, focusing as she was still bending the stream of water to wipe out the remaining fires.  "Or would you rather get another taste of that Legends strength another time?  Cause I took a punch too, and lemme tell you now, I don't wanna get punched like that again!"  In the back of her mind, she was yelling at herself to get back into the fight...to beat the legend against all odds...but something deep down in her heart knew that if they didn't calm Zygarde down quickly, they'd all be sent back to nature sooner rather than later.  

It didn't take long for Scarlet to jump into action as she saw the legend aim an attack at Veronica. As expected, the blast of energy hurt like hell, nearly breaking Scarlet's guard as she watched the metal off her pincers scrap from the sheer force. Still, she managed to block the attack for her ally, which was good. They both had Zygarde's full attention.

"Are you well?" Veronica asked, but before Scarlet could answer the Scizor saw the volley of arrows coming right at them. Luckily, whatever Veronica had been doing to make herself faster gave Scarlet just enough speed to barely dash out of the way.

"As good as... I'll ever be!" Scarlet shouted to the Crobat, before turning back to Zygarde. "And you!" She shouted at the legend. "You'll have to get... through me if you want to hurt my friends!" She shouted, bumping her chest and her breath heavy. Hopefully the legend would target her instead of the others; she wasn't sure how much more she could take.

Juyu Team Karaoke

The city of Juyu... well, it had seen better days. However, the recovery process seemed to be going smoothly all things considered, which was good. Lok smiled softly and briefly, feeling his hope coming back to him. The smile quickly faded, however, as doubt started creeping back into his mind.

Whatever was happening in his mind didn't matter, though, as he noticed the crowd forming around Jirachi. Nine spoke up, trying to calm down the crowd. Lok nodded along what Nine was saying, before speaking up himself. "It's really important we see the sheriff... for everyone's sake." Lok simply said, a bit more somberly than he'd like. He kept a smile on his face as he took a better look at the crowd. 

It seemed that in the end, Mac decided to yield. That was really good news for Kazo. The journey had become about a thousand times, nay, a million times easier for the lackey. "Fine! Just...warn me next time."

"If he warned you, you'd have refused to be picked up in the first place," Ari pointed out, to which Kazo chuckled. He decided it was best not to push it though. 

"I'll be sure to do that then," Kazo said as he walked.

After a few days of travelling, the group made it! The town wasn't as big as the others, but it was still quite large, and build on large wooden pathways, so that everything wouldn't sink into the marsh. That was pretty smart, to be honest.

"Solid...well, not ground, but look! Somewhere to walk on that doesn't try and drown you!"

"Yay!" Ari cheered. "I don't want to drown. It sounds painful. And wet."

"Yeah, it doesn't sound like the most pleasant thing to do," Kazo commented. "Now, how about we get into town and get some food? I'm starvin',"

"I'm little." Dora said. "So I got a little story. I lived in Merm with my mama and papa. She's a real pretty Milotic and he's a big strong Empoleon." Denku blinked as he realized that those species didn't match... at all. There should be no way Dora was born of those two. "Papa didn't want me to leave but mama...knew that I really, really, wanted to. So she sent Gisei...to bring me to the surface. And...stuff happened, and I ended up on my own...and then I met Brooke!"

"Well, I bet they'll be really happy to see you again." Easter was the first to react, which made sense. He was much better at things like this. 

"Yes, I'm sure they will be," Denku added, looking over to Brooke, hoping she'd fill in some blanks.

PVLXe6V.png?1

Brooke met Easter’s gaze as Dora’s story finished. What was he thinking? She couldn’t tell. “That’s right,” she laughed, pulling Dora into her lap. “I found her rolling around the street by herself so I got her some food. She mentioned she lost her guardian while we were eating,” she cast both Easter and Denku a look, her expression sad. “I offered to let her stay with me and the rest is history. As for my story… I don’t really know all that much about my parents. I was just another kid left to fend for myself on the streets.” It was true. She didn’t remember a single thing about her parents, or where she was originally from. “It wasn’t too bad. A lot of other cities will tell you Deku had a gang problem, but really, gangs were how we survived. I was part of one just like every other kid.” She sighed. “You’ve actually already met some of them. That Zangoose and Seviper in Mioter? Yeah, they were part of it. Actually, Sada, the Zangoose, she was the leader of it.” She shook her head. “I survived thanks to them, but we split up when I was seventeen. They all left town and and I started my shop, and I’ve spent the last ten years running that, until Thundurus destroyed it.”

Thinking about her shop still upset her. The only thing she had to her name, gone in an instant because a Legendary threw a temper tantrum. “That’s about it though. I know, a boring life compared to the rest of you. But I think I’m the real winner here, because I ended up with this little brat.” She grinned and sat her hat down on Dora’s head, ruffling the little girl's hair.

Team Mac, Day 35, Ogren

Map

Ogren, a rather unusual place with rather unusual people. Often avoided by many who don't have need to travel across the swamp its one claim to fame is an excellent onion soup. The people there live on rafts that are tied together with rather haphazzardly thrown together shacks for houses. The center of the city is a chapel used for both weddings and worship of the mysterious "Great Green One" who supposedly keeps the people of the city safe. Some Chasers believe it to be a Legend of some sort but most think they people are just a bit crazy from swamp gas.

Mac gingerly stepped foot on a ramp buried deep in the swamp's mud that led to the raft-city of Ogren. She glanced around at all the people milling about, too many to logically hold the raft's weight, and pondered out loud. "So...what are we supposed to do now that we're here?"

Just then a group of older women spotted them and flocked around. "Oooh look at this look at this, travellers. We don't get many travelers here...Oh I know! You must be here to get married aren't you? The Great Green One doesn't mind such young folks getting hitched as long as they honor him properly. Maybe if you're lucky he'll even grace you with his presence ohoho. That hasn't happened in a long while though ohoho. So...which of you are getting married then?" The old women crowded closer, eying them up, and wouldn't leave without an answer.

Team Neo Not Dark, Day 33, Under the Sea

Dora curled up in Brooke's lap, ready to take a nap, and listened to her words as she drifted to sleep. The bubble, as though it knew where it was going, continued on despite Dora being asleep. Albeit at a much slower pace. The gentle motions of the bubble seemed to rock the young girl deeper into sleep and it wouldn't be for several hours that she woke up. Enough time that the day, though it was hard to tell under the water, had passed them by.

When she woke up, refreshed and ready, she flopped back onto the floor of the bubble and it moved forward at a much faster speed. So much so that it would likely knock some of the others onto their backs and cause discomfort until Dora was asked to slow it down.

She seemed quite excited and energized though so, even when she slowed it, she was constantly wriggling about and causing the bubble to bob up and down.

As they continued on for a good while Dora became a bit more somber and she nervously spoke up. "We're almost there."

At that moment they group would see several shapes approaching. When they got nearer they could tell they were Gijinka. But rather savage looking ones. A group of half a dozen Skrelp, led by a Dragalge, as well as a pair of Sharpedo, were approaching the bubble with ravenous looks in their eyes. As they got closer they would start to enter the bubble, the Sharpedo first, followed by the Skrelp.

Team Alola, Day 23, Craigland to Trailsau

As the group continued on for several days they would finally reach the rocky terrain that was the first indication they were headed in the right direction. There were no man-made paths in this area and so they would have to move over the broken and bumpy terrain without any relief for several days on their way towards Trailsau.

Before then, though, night was falling and they were out in the elements as a light rain began to fall. Were they to search around, however, they would discover there was a dark cave opening in the ground. It was low to the ground but large enough that they could fit in if they tried. The inside of the cave was dry, dark, with a musty smell about it, but it seemed to be safe at the moment.

Zygarde merely growled as the Crobat bit down upon her neck, draining energy from her. The Legend grabbed onto Veronica's neck and began to squeeze it even as the Crobat's fangs sunk into her flesh.

She glared at Scarlet and let loose another volley of Arrows. These approaching from the left and right side and converging on the Scizor. Even as Zygarde did this, though, she looked over at Taiga and roared. "What...are...you doing?" She seemed confused. Though she didn't let up her grip on Veronica even as she questioned the Sharpedo.

Team Karaoke, Day 32, Juyu

"What makes you think you can see the sheriff just like that?"
"Yeah, WE haven't even seen her in a while..."

"Who's that girl? She's some big shot right?"

"I bet she's from the capital, what took you so long to get here we've been on our own all this time!"

"We want answers!"

Jirachi looked downcast as the crowd made their demands, and hearing their accusations. Despite that they were being made of her due to incorrect circumstances she had to admit that they weren't wholly incorrect.

Just then, a small voice, coming from right beside Nine, spoke up. "U-um...." The voice was coming from the deputy, the Accelgor named Kayla, who had seemingly just appeared out of thin air next to the Houndoom. "These people...are guests...I'm...going to escort them now."

The crowd seemed to calm a bit when they saw her but a few kept at it. "Where's Heather? Why can't she come out here? Get Heather and maybe things will start getting better."
"Yeah, why should we listen to you?"

One of them, a large Feraligatr, pushed past the rest of the crowd and got into Nine and Lok's faces. Glaring at both in turn. "Why don't I just pound the answers outta em?" He said, his fist swirling with water and his teeth bared.

pl37ikL.jpg?1

oe3ZVDT.png

"Man, these sure are some tough fires..."  Taiga groaned to herself.  It had felt like she had been shooting this geyser of water for weeks now, but this process would surely lead to what she wanted.  No one was dying today.  Zygarde had been just as intimidating as Groudon, but on a whole other level.  She didn't think overcoming a legend like this would be so hard...that's why she wasn't fighting.  She was actually scared of Zygarde.

"What...are...you doing?" 

Taiga heard a confused Legend question her.  Taiga didn't look back.  If she did, any scene of Scarlet on the ground or injured any further would just spin her into a rage...but without her speed and with her frail body, it wouldn't do them much good.  She'd just die in the process.  So instead, she continued her assault against the ever-spreading fire.  However, she would answer their question.  

"What does it look like, pea brain?  I'm putting out the fires!  Someone's gotta live here, and they probably don't wanna live on top of a pile of ashes, right?!"  She really didn't care.  After all, she didn't have a home, she couldn't relate to the desire to save one.  "You aren't doing a good job puttin' it out, miss Nature Guardian, so I might as well help your pathetic attempts!  Fufufufu!"  

"So...what are we supposed to do now that we're here?"

"I vote for food. Still starving," Kazo mentioned as he took his step onto the raft. He paused to help Ari across before looking around. "This place is kinda... well, kinda crazy lookin'. I hope Denku didn't go nuts stayin' here...," His train of thought was stopped by a group of older women rushing around them. 

"Oooh look at this look at this, travellers. We don't get many travelers here...Oh I know! You must be here to get married aren't you?" Married? What? What? WHAT?! Did they look old enough to get married? "The Great Green One doesn't mind such young folks getting hitched as long as they honor him properly," That... explained that then. "Maybe if you're lucky he'll even grace you with his presence ohoho. That hasn't happened in a long while though ohoho. So...which of you are getting married then?"

"A-as far as I know, no one's gettin' married," Kazo said nervously. "We're just travelers...," It would be a bad idea to say Mac and Ari were getting married... right? "I ain't good enough for such a thing, and these two are more like siblings than lovers,"

“That’s right. I found her rolling around the street by herself so I got her some food. She mentioned she lost her guardian while we were eating,” she cast both Easter and Denku a look, her expression sad. “I offered to let her stay with me and the rest is history. As for my story… I don’t really know all that much about my parents. I was just another kid left to fend for myself on the streets.” Well... that was worse than everything else Easter and him went through. “It wasn’t too bad. A lot of other cities will tell you Deku had a gang problem, but really, gangs were how we survived. I was part of one just like every other kid.”  She sighed. “You’ve actually already met some of them. That Zangoose and Seviper in Mioter? Yeah, they were part of it. Actually, Sada, the Zangoose, she was the leader of it.” She shook her head. “I survived thanks to them, but we split up when I was seventeen. They all left town and and I started my shop, and I’ve spent the last ten years running that, until Thundurus destroyed it.”

Thundurus destroyed her shop? No wonder why she seemed so bitter to Legendaries. Her overall experiences were just worse all together.

“That’s about it though. I know, a boring life compared to the rest of you. But I think I’m the real winner here, because I ended up with this little brat.” 

"You aren't wrong about that," Denku said with a chuckle. He really wished he still had the ones he held dear with him, after all. The rest of the ride was peaceful, with not much else happening... not until they were attacked by a group of aquatic pokemon. Now wasn't that great? He had to be careful so he didn't pop the bubble, which meant no rock moves. Fun.

Denku ran to a Sharpedo, rearing back his fist and charging a Dark Pulse. "Sorry, we're not picking up hitchhikers," He commented before he threw out his fist to hit the Sharpedo in the face and unleash the Dark Pulse.

5bGoK6n.png

iU8EggM.png

"Well, I think we're somewhere like a day or two from reaching the crossroads where we left from normally. And after that...ummm...awhile?"

That was good enough for Randy. And so the group from Alola continued onward to the rocky terrain and then to the broken and bumpy terrain. They had been moving for quite a while and...wait...was that a raindrop that hit his skin?

...yup...that was rain alright.

Randy let out a deep groan, starting to hold his bag over top of his head and grumbled greatly as the light rain started to fall. Great...just my luck...it starts freakin' raining now! he thought, looking around before noticing a cave that was available. It was low to the ground though it looked big enough for them to stop by in. It looked dark and musty from what he could see...he really didn't trust it. But right now...he honestly didn't care.

"Hey...can I make a group decision to get out of the rain?" Randy said, motioning his head in the direction of the cave. "There's a cave over there...we can probably continue further to Trailsau after the rain passes..." he said, trying his best to make it in the direction of the cave.

As Scarlet shouted, she saw Veronica get caught by Zygarde. "No!" She shouted, although she had her own problems to deal with as she saw arrows shoot out again. This time, however, instead of coming right at her they were coming at her from her sides. She didn't have much place to dodge, except forward. She dashed as quickly as she could towards Zygarde, narrowly avoiding the arrows crashed together. Her eyes were locked onto Veronica as she dove towards Zygarde.

"Let her go!" Scarlet shouted as she dove closer, aiming a Bug Bite right onto Zygarde's arm as she was distracted by Taiga. "Let... her... go!" She shouted again.

Juyu Team Karaoke

Lok started getting nervous as the crowd didn't seem to care much about what they were saying, although it was quickly broken up by Kayla. "These people...are guests...I'm...going to escort them now." The crowd seemed to calm down for a bit, but not by much as now the heat was put on the Accelgor.

Lok was about to say something, when a Feraligatr got in his and Nine's face. "Why don't I just pound the answers outta em?" Lok let out an audible gulp.

"H-Hey now, let's not get violent over this..." Lok said nervously, chuckling. "We... we can just talk it out, right?" He said, although he had a feeling that talking was not going to happen. Lok turned to Nine, waiting for his response. 

8GrkkS0.png

"So...what are we supposed to do now that we're here?"

"I vote for food. Still starving," Kazo mentioned as he took his step onto the raft. He paused to help Ari across before looking around. "This place is kinda... well, kinda crazy lookin'. I hope Denku didn't go nuts stayin' here..."

Before Ari could ask who Denku was, a group of older women flocked around them like gabbing geese, talking about crazy things like marriage. These were just like the aunties his mother talked with. The kind that pinched his cheeks and talked about how adorable he was, and how he should marry their daughters. It was...kind of scary.

And just like them, these crazy ladies were talking about marriage too.

"A-as far as I know, no one's gettin' married," Kazo replied. "We're just travelers...I ain't good enough for such a thing, and these two are more like siblings than lovers."

"Yeah, I can't marry her. She's my friend."

--

m0FODxE.png

For some reason, the story Brooke was telling sounded familiar, but Easter wasn't really sure where he'd heard it. It was interesting to hear that she knew Sada and Phineas though. The Sylveon didn't know much about them aside from his few meetings, but Phineas was fun to play with. He smiled when he heard the Emboar's finishing sentence. "That is quite lucky," but he didn't say anything more, as soon afterward, they were greeted by a group of menacing-looking aquatic Pokémon.

Denku was the first to react, running to a Sharpedo, rearing back his fist and charging a Dark Pulse. "Sorry, we're not picking up hitchhikers," He commented before he threw out his fist to hit the Sharpedo in the face and unleash the Dark Pulse.

Easter didn't move from his seated position. "What a rude welcoming party," he smiled sweetly, a ring of glowing pink stars gathering around him before shooting outward to attack all the nearby enemies.

--

StUyAql.png

Keanu chuckled at Marie's enthusiasm at the idea of a new sister, the laughter trailing off as he thought of his own wayward sibling. I can't think too much about this, he thought, and continued onward, lost in thought. While gloomy for a day or two, he managed to recover to his usual smiling self afterward, forcibly not letting himself get depressed. He wasn't the type to dwell overlong on sad things anyway.

When night fell, the Pikachu ended up putting his limited cooking skills to use making pancakes and salads. Then one evening, a light rain began to fall. While Keanu wasn't overly bothered, he was still feeling a little out of sorts. Being in rain was different to being in the ocean, that was for sure. He glanced at Randy, worried for the fire type of the group.

"Hey...can I make a group decision to get out of the rain?" Randy said, motioning his head in the direction of a cave Keanu hadn't noticed before. "There's a cave over there...we can probably continue further to Trailsau after the rain passes..." he said, trying his best to make it in the direction of the cave.

The electric type glanced at Marie before shrugging. "S'cool. Better than being out in the rain all night."

The cave was low to the ground but large enough that they could all fit in. The inside of the cave was dry, dark, with a musty smell about it, but it seemed to be safe at the moment.

"Phew," Keanu huddled near the front of the cave. While Marie was a water type, she was still a child, so it would probably be a good idea to have her dry up. And having the fire type closest to the rain was just not a smart idea all around. "Wonder how long it'll be..."

--

ETbkiW0.png

Zygarde grabbed onto Veronica's neck and began to squeeze it even as the Crobat's fangs sunk into her flesh.

At that point, it didn't matter what she was saying, it only mattered that she was trying to kill her. Veronica's eyes darkened, pure hatred flashing through them. Even as Zygarde tried to squeeze the life out of her, the Crobat didn't stop draining the life from her enemy. Her face started to purple from the lack of oxygen, but even that wasn't enough to deter her.

And then, a voice, faint, as if from a distance. "Let... her... go!"

Scarlet? Veronica's expression became confused at that. What's she doing? She should be running away. She has the perfect distraction. But no, she knew now, these two were too noble for such a thing. Heroes in the making, if not already. I didn't think I'd find wheat among the chaff, she thought. She started to struggle in Zygarde's grip, attempting to keep the legendary's attention on her.

Archived