Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

Oasis

Taiga was flustered by a sudden shower of feathers above her head.  Some had even managed to get in her mouth.  She spat them out and rubbed her tongue off, making sure to get rid of every ounce of plumage.  "BLECH!  That's the worst part about eating birds!  You gotta pluck em first, ain't that right bird brain?!"  She was faster now, faster than before hand.  Even if her offensive capabilities had been lowered, she was still in the mood to rip the avian gijinka to shreds.  Her crashing tower of water had faded, and she started to fall to the ground.  She aimed for wherever that foul gijinka had ended up after being soaked by her attack.

As it shot a Dark Pulse at her, she spun in the air to dodge the attack.  

"You're grounded mister!"  She said as she opened her jaws wide, embracing her teeth with a icy covering.  

d2akEes.png

Juyu

"Thank you for saving me back there!  My name is Lok.  Nice to meet you!"

Sid looked at the rotom gijinka stick out his injured hand.  His cold stare wandered it's way to the hand itself.  It must've hurt the guy seeing as how it must've had poison seeping through it.  Awkwardly, Sid slowly stuck out his own hand, which twitched a couple of times on it's way to shake the Rotom's.  "Welcome..."  Sid then pointed to himself.  "Obsidian..."  Sid then spun in a half circle, and casually walked away.  Before he made any progress he was halted by a voice.

"You, the Sableye! Tell your Weavile partner I still have to pay her! I'll hang around in this town until after the festival tomorrow but you'll find me in one of the bars around here. Or wherever there's booze tomorrow!  Or well, drop by the Flatside Inn in a while if you really can't find me."

Sid looked over his shoulder to see the Empoleon Gijinka who had accepted Wes' previous offer.  Sid stuck his thumb up, signaling that he understood, and walked away.  With that, the Sableye had no need to continue his fight against the Seviper.  He casually stepped over the bodies of the Seviper he had dispatched of.  "Too rough..."  Sid had spotted Wes out of the crowd, talking with what he assumed was the lead Zangoose, and approached her from behind, as he usually did.  That's how a shadow behaved anyways.  She must've asked to be payed...what were the chances a gang leader was good for his word.  Sid sighed underneath his collar.  

"Good job...Wes..."  He wasn't sure how she had managed against the Altaria, but he assumed it must've been a fearsome battle...although..Wes didn't even have a scratch on her.  That was his Wes for him!  Super strong and worthy of being called his partner.  

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oasis

"Hey, you need help with that?"

Ari glanced up from his attempt to drag the body to the pond. A talking head! What?! Had it used some special power to stay alive somehow?

As if reading his mind, the talking head turned into a talking person pulling himself up from the ground. "Or, you could just.., you know, drop it and head for shelter. I can cover you if that's what you wanna do."

The lion tilted his head to the side, "Uhh...but, he needs to become grass," he informed the blue gijinka. "That's why I'm dragging him to the pond, see?" He pointed at the pond with a hint of pride. He was being...uh...proactive. Yeah! That was the word. Maybe this person could help him though. Not that he couldn't do it alone, but he was still small and not that strong yet, so it was slow going. "Could you help, please?" he remembered to tack on the please. It was still difficult to adjust to asking people for things rather than ordering.

tRCh4Z6.png

Juyu

The fight was wrapping up, and Easter figured it'd be time to leave soon. Not that he'd done anything he'd get in trouble for. At worst he'd encouraged the fight, which most bystanders did anyway. He could stay as a witness and make trouble for the dark types and that Altaria but whether he'd be believed or not...no, it was probably best to leave. Standing up from the bench, the fairy type stretched and hopped off, retreating to a safer distance. As he did so, he passed the Weavile talking with Sada, catching a few words.

“Contract complete. Payment time!”

That gijinka hadn't proved very impressive, but then again, he hadn't seen much. Easter shrugged. Still, she wasn't a high priority. She hadn't shown much arrogance aside from playing both sides, and she had managed to get away with it...so far. Whether she would still be paid or not was up in the air. The Sylveon kept an eye on both dark types, lamenting his lack of sweets all the while.

The Mr. Mime needed to become grass. Right... The tall dragon just nodded like he understood, but in reality, he didn't. Was this another weird cult thing...? If so, it would be the fourth one he ran into... Damn, he was a magnet for weird. He looked over to the pond and back to the small kid. Was he trying to put the dead body IN the water? That seemed unsanitary... Granted, it was also unsanitary when he was dusty and sweaty... Yet he slipped into the water... Okay, now was not the time to go on tangents. He could hear he fire crackling in the background, so maybe he should make up his mind, fast. Good thing he was good at fast.

"Sure, I guess...," he said as he bent over to pick up the clownish corpse. Poor guy, he probably had a family that was now missing their father because of these bastards... And now he felt guilty for even thinking about skipping town before the fight was over... Dammit, why did he have a conscious? He looked at the pond. Okay, that was not the best idea.

"Look, he may become grass but that takes a while," he was somewhat talking out of his ass right now, but he did know that bodies didn't 'turn into grass' instantly, and dumping the body in the water was not good. "I can bury him by the water instead of it... He'll still turn into grass and people can still drink from the water," Actually, it didn't matter what the kid say, he was gonna to do it his way. What was the boy gonna do, cry?

... Oh Arceus, he hoped not...

Juyu - Himiko

The kindness of a priestess

The water was ready in the bathtub, and filled with big bubbles. A nice smell of lavender filled the bathroom.

"Is the water ready now?

Also...may I borrow some of your clothes? I don't think mine would be anywhere near wearable at this point.

And, thanks a lot for these, Himiko. I really owe you."

"Yes, it is, if you need anything just call me. Also, i think i should have some extra clothes that should fit you quite well. And don't worry about it, one of the things my mother teached me is to always forgive and help. If the Legendaries forgave us for some of the huge sins gijinkas committed, then why shouldn't gijinkas forgive each other for such little things." Himiko said with a smile.

-----------

While she waited for Alleria to get out of the bathtub, she started taking out clothes from her luggage, they were all almost identical to the one Himiko was wearing, but were different in color and designs on them. 

Alleria then arrived in her bedroom. "Here you go!" Himiko said while handing her a pale blue kimono, with clouds and birds finely drew on it. "This kimono is blessed by the element of air, i thought since you are an Altaria that it might suit you well. Oh and don't worry about it, you can give it back to me once you find new clothes, maybe tomorrow we can go looking for them, we'll probably be able to find some since the festival will be starting."

Oasis

"Let's get you out of here"

Mac looked up at the Scizor, who was apparently concerned. Concerned? For her? But she was the hero!...Even if right now she couldn’t feel her face, and there was a weird tingling sensation across the rest of her body. The girl surged to her feet “I’m perfectly okay! The hero can’t be...brought down...by...” And then she was on the ground again. This time her entire left side had gone numb. Well...this blowed.
“Hey uh...what’s-your-face, if you’re not gonna fight the bad guy can you help put out that fire? The tree’s kinda sorta important to us here and there IS water like, right there.” Mac thought about it for a moment and then brightened. “Hey! Could you throw me in too? Maybe that’ll help, yeah, totally, toss me in the water!” Mac had no reason to believe this was a good idea but that didn’t stop her from being completely certain it would be. “Oh! By the way, I’m Mac!”

Nearby Edgelord was having a very bad time. His attack hadn’t quite gotten the results he wanted and now the bastard Chandelure forced him to take a Dragon Breath. Granted it was a nearly pitiful attack compared to what he had expected from a Dragon but the paralysis that spread through his body, similar in a way to the numbness his special attack created, would make things tricky.
And then the pain. Edgelord let a short shout that he promptly cut off as the attack sent a horrible amount of pain through him. He bit down on his lip so hard it started to bleed. His eyes stared at the Chandelure in such murderous rage that if looks could kill the Fire/Ghost Gijinka would drop dead right there. But he forced past the pain, past the Paralysis, and forced his body to move. He could still move at Quick Attack speed despite the Paralysis and that’s what he did, moving away from the battlefield towards one of the many panicking civilians. He grabbed the young woman around the neck and leaped to the top of a building.

“I’ll be back you f***s, and when I do you’ll all die! I refuse to spare a single f***ing one of you! Follow me and this one meets her end right now, you wouldn’t want to refuse her the chance of a slightly longer life right?” Looking around, Edgelord grinned and leaped to the next farther building, then the next. Once he felt he was a suitable distance he let out a laugh and transformed his arm, Slashing the girl’s throat before tossing her and rushing away.

The Murkrow was feeling quite pissy. He didn’t realize their leader had left even, they were just pissed this damn Sharpedo was still dodging attacks midair. And worse they counterattacked! The Flying type hadn’t expected this and let out a surprisingly young sounding shout as the Sharpedo bit right into his skin. They both plummeted to the ground at a rapid pace, the Murkrow struggling to make sure the Sharpedo landed first and, with their superior aerial maneuverability, was able to shift so that this would be the case. Though he was losing blood at a more rapid pace now, and struggling to keep from passing out.

Rollrollrollrollrollrollroll! The Sandslash didn’t expect to reach the Hydreigon so quickly, let along hit her in such a perfect spot, right between her shoulder blades. But they weren’t done yet! They bounced back and continued to pick up rolling speed, going in for a second, much stronger, attack.

Juyu

"...Well, even if the earlier Sevipers and Zangeese were to try and chase her, if we can't find her there's no way in hell they can. I guess she's...safe?"

“I suppose that makes sense...I doubt anyone besides them would do anything to her so out in the open like this...and they’re all back there. I’m sure she’s okay.”

Gwen certainly hadn't expected the girl to have vanished, but she's seen Gijinka get up from worse before...still she'd be sure to keep her eye out for the Altaria from now on.

"I don't got much else to do, wanna hang out a bit? Got a bad feeling about going back to the square so we better not."

“Hang out?” Gwen thought about that. She didn’t really...hang out with people often. She was usually either on her own or taking care of younger children. And this girl looked to be at least a bit older than Gwen. But...it couldn’t hurt right? She might as well try. “Sure, let’s...hang out.” Gwen smiled kindly at the Empoleon. The smile managed to mask her sudden realization. She had no idea how to hang out. “U-uh did we introduce ourselves? In all that I kinda...forgot...Well in any cause my name’s Gwendoline. You can just call me Gwen, though...” She stuck out a hand. “N-Ice to meet you!” She said with a shy grin. “Get it? Cause you did...that ice attack..earlier...never mind.” Gwen blushed a bit and tried to laugh it off. Even she could tell that was a bad one.

Phinehas didn’t understand why the Gijinka he made contact with, using his Poison Jab, was a Charizard and not Absol. But it was too late for that. The strong attack struck the man’s stomach, spreading poison through his body. Phinehas jumped back with a hiss. “Ssstupid bassstard getting in my way.” He said, completely ignoring that it was entirely his fault. He turned to attack the Absol instead only to see a Razor Wind whipping up around him. That would be a dangerous target, he could afford to risk it right now since his attacks were mainly close-combat.

Why was he doing this anyway? He remembered...something, a cute girl? She...was hurt? What the hell was he doing? f*** it. “Ssssorry dude time to die!” If he backed down now he would be seen as weak, he wouldn’t have that. Especially with Sada right there. He opened his mouth and shot out a spray of Venom, intending to Drench the poisoned Charizard in it, which would weaken his attacking capability as well as slow him down.

“Contract complete. Payment time!”

Sada turned her head towards the voice. The damn Weavile she had hired snuck up on her. Ugh if she hadn’t been talking to girly boy there she’d have noticed. What’d she want? Oh right, pay. Pffft. She turned around to the Weavile and put a hand to her hip.
“Yeah see funny thing about that... f*** you. I ain’t gonna just give money for such a half-ass job, what kinda girl you think you’re dealing with. I didn’t get where I’m at by playing nice.” She snapped her fingers and the formerly sleeping Zangeese filed in behind her. She had noticed them being roused earlier and knew they’d spring into action as soon as she called.
“Now this is how it’s gonna go. You give up your Poke, or me and my crew will beat you bloody, capishe?”

She was about to give the order when one of her crew called out. “s*** it’s the Sheriff!” Sada groaned. That b**** was a total thorn in her side. She glanced over to where the Zangoose was pointing and, sure enough, the Escavalier sheriff was making her way towards the group with vengeance. “Damn it all I wanted was a good spot...You’re so lucky, sucker.” She growled at Wes.

On the Seviper’s side, the one awake Seviper gang member had just chomped down on a Double Team clone. Shrugging at the realization, he continued on to wake up his gang mates, just in time to notice Heather approaching. “s***” He muttered, as he got the group awake and ready. They glanced over to their leader, then Heather, then each other, before slinking away from the battlefield.

Heather reached the place the fight had been taking place to see most of it had been wrapped up. There were a couple incidents still but that should be easy enough to take care of. As she got nearer she called out in a loud, clear, and firm voice. “This is Heather, Sheriff of Juyu, all of you cease your actions at once!”

(Check latest post in OOC for info edited in)

Alleria Ethera

Tjuyu - Himiko's Aunt House

"...Small sins, huh?"

Resting on a bathtub for the second time that day, Alleria tried her best to relax and sort out herself. She still wouldn't believe that she was the one that rampaged through the gangs as Himiko said earlier, but the thought itself disturbed her a lot. There's not much thing disproving Himiko's claim, while she had nothing to back herself up right now. She still was in the camp of "an impostor posed as her and rampaged, also hitting her in the process", but it seemed to be more and more illogical right now.

"Nah, that definitely couldn't be me. No reasons for it to be me."

Instead of thinking more about the event that she couldn't remember, the Altaria decided to see how bad her physical condition was right now. Her hands were soaked in blood, now that she saw it, and bits of...something dirtied it, along with a lot of scratches. Lots of it, actually, spread out throughout her body. The wound from them was far from deep, but it still made it too painful for her to properly rest in the water. Maybe she should borrow some ointments or potions from Himiko or her aunt soon. She's far from healthy, and tomorrow's the festival day, so she couldn't afford to disappoint her audience by giving them a half-baked performance.

If she showed them how fragile and hurt she was, they wouldn't smile after all.

Her body was still hurting all over, but after finding her resolve, she managed to feel at ease, and finally entered a short nap.

iU8EggM.png

"Here you go!"

"T-this looks expensive...you sure it's fine if I take it?"

"This kimono is blessed by the element of air, i thought since you are an Altaria that it might suit you well. Oh and don't worry about it, you can give it back to me once you find new clothes, maybe tomorrow we can go looking for them, we'll probably be able to find some since the festival will be starting."

While at first she was hesitant on taking it, realizing that she would otherwise be naked for the festival day tomorrow, Alleria gleefully accepted the gift from Himiko. It's a dress from a foreign land, and with how the girl before her acted, it seemed that she's also coming from a foreign land too. The dress...or kimono, as she said it, was beautiful beyond what she's used to, and as she was ecstatic on trying it out, she didn't wait a moment to try it out before Himiko.

"Ah...this fits really well! Thanks!" Alleria moved around to showcase how the clothes look on her. Though, the girl also mentioned the festival, and Alleria's mind immediately shifted into that topic.

"Uh-umm, are you also going to participate on the festival...?

I mean, are you here from a distant land for the festival, Himiko?"

Oasis

“I’m perfectly okay! The hero can’t be...brought down...by...” Before Scarlet could try and convince her that she was indeed not ok, the young Heliolisk collapsed to the ground. "Somehow I doubt that..." she said to herself, before picking her up. "Come on, I'll take you to the-" before she could finish, the energetic girl looked at Scarlet. “Hey uh...what’s-your-face, if you’re not gonna fight the bad guy can you help put out that fire? The tree’s kinda sorta important to us here and there IS water like, right there.” Scarlet turned to the now burning tree, then back to the lake. Unfortunately, she had no effective way to douse the flames by herself - at least, not without breaking the tree. However, she recalled the Sharpedo gijinka from before - she would definitely be able to douse the flame. Of course, she would have to leave the girl somewhere safe. Looking around, she heard the girl say “Hey! Could you throw me in too? Maybe that’ll help, yeah, totally, toss me in the water!” Considering the fact that she could barely stand as it is, she would more than likely drown if she were to toss her into the water. Looking at the large body of water, however, she noticed that the area next to it seemed comfortable enough, and the young girl did want to be in the water. "How about, instead of letting you drown, I meet you half way" She placed the young girl right next to the water, her back against the sand. "I think I know someone who can help with the burning tree". She reached into her pocket "Hopefully this makes you feel better" She pulled out a Lum Berry and placed it into the girls hand. Scarlet assumed that this was just another case of Paralysis - or at the very least, some form of poison. Either way, that Lum Berry that she brought from her hometown was a powerful little thing. Hopefully it would heal the girl from her paralysis. As she was about to head out, she could hear a voice from behind her. “Oh! By the way, I’m Mac!” Scarlet turned around to Mac. She smiled "My name is Scarlet. Don't worry, Mac. I'll get someone to douse the tree" And with that, she dashed towards the Sharpedo and the Murkrow.

. . .

As she was dashing towards where the Sharpedo was, she noticed that Edgelord was nowhere to be seen. Either he had flee'd or the Chandelure had finished him off. Either way, at least the attack was mostly over. Scarlet sighed in relief, before stopping and looking up. It had seemed that their battle was almost over too - both the Murkrow and the Sharpedo were plummeting from the sky. Blood was flying into the air, and Scarlet could safely assume that it was the Murkrows blood, seeing that the Sharpedo had her teeth firmly planted inside the birdman's flesh.  However, it seemed that if the Sharpedo didn't do anything she would be the one hitting the ground first. Scarlet could only hope that the Sharpedo could react in time.

Juyu

"Welcome..." the strange Sableye said after reaching his own hand out to accept Lok's handshake. His hand twitched a little when they shook, although Lok wasn't complaining - his own handshake probably wasn't that stable either, considering his injury. He then pointed to himself. "Obsidian..." It was safe to assume that Obsidian was his name. "My name is Lok! Nice to meet you." Lok smiled, giving a thumbs up with his good hand. It seemed that, however, Obsidian didn't have the time for small talk, as he casually walked away after introducing himself. Normally, Lok would go after him and bother him, but in a way Lok was thankful - after all, he really needed to tend to his wound, which had not stopped hurting. As Lok headed himself towards the city to get his wounds treated for, however, a fierce looking women had appeared on the scene. “This is Heather, Sheriff of Juyu, all of you cease your actions at once!” It had seemed that the authorities had finally stepped into stop the chaos that had ensued. Lok simply sheepishly walked towards Heather, grasping his wound harder. He didn't want to just walk away from the scene and be hunted down, but he also needed to attend to his injury. The best course of action would be to let the sheriff see that he is injured and then get medical attention - this way, he wouldn't have troubles with the officials later.

wA0yiK8.png

'Damn it, that should've killed him,' Cabrakan furrowed his brow as Edgelord retreated from the battle altogether, 'Oh well, at least the city's safe... for now,'

There was no sense pursuing the Scyther Gijinka; that would only hurt Cabrakan's chances of getting out of the mess he'd caused unscathed. Truth be told, this was his chance to give everyone the slip. Of course, Cabrakan could've just as easily helped clean up the mess that Edgelord made himself, but... it looked like it was already handled for the most part. So Cabrakan kept walking, past the pond and out into the desert sand once more. He had no intention of stopping until he'd covered the ground necessary to reach the city of Fryst, and he'd know he got there when the temperature dropped immensely.

Now that he was a safe distance away from the others, Cabrakan realized that he'd better check on the Air Balloon that he purchased before the battle with Edgelord; if that had popped when Cabrakan took the Wing Attack at full force, then not only would he have spent a better portion of his Pokes for nothing, but he'd also no longer have anything to give to his lone daughter to make up for essentially abandoning her. Thankfully, all that happened to the Air Balloon was that the string had been cut. The resulting shortened string was no big deal, and it was monumentally more favorable to the balloon having been popped. At first he breathed a sigh of relief... but then all sorts of thoughts about that last battle and all his previous ones from his youth flooded his mind at once.

Unable to help but release an audible moan, Cabrakan kept going in the direction he was headed.

Oasis

"Sure, I guess..." The blue guy bent down to pick up the body, and then glanced at the pond. "Look, he may become grass but that takes a while. I can bury him by the water instead of it... He'll still turn into grass and people can still drink from the water."

"Drink...? Oh, yeah." Ari looked down, a bit ashamed. He should've known better than to dirty the local watering hole, but, but...well, he wanted to make sure the man turned into grass like he was supposed to. If not, then...then wouldn't that be bad? But the blue guy whose name he didn't know had come up with a good solution. "I never thought about burying...I suppose...grass has roots so of course it would start from below ground..." He still had a lot to learn about the world.

He glanced at the ground. He'd done his fair share of digging in the sand for fun before, though the ground was more dirt here, but it shouldn't be too hard. Crouching, the lion started to dig at the ground, scowling when he noticed how little he had managed. How come he couldn't dig like the blue guy? Or was that a move?

tRCh4Z6.png

Juyu

Well, things had went as expected. The Zangoose leader had decided to renege on payment, and the local authorities had stepped in. Good thing he was far enough back he looked more like a curious bystander and less like a participant. Shrugging his shoulders, Easter decided to take that moment to go get some more sweets. Maybe some Hanami dango this time, or mochi. Maybe they even had Poké Puffs! Oh, that would be heavenly...

The Sylveon melted into the background, every inch the rubbernecker who had lost interest now that the fighting was over. Which, to a certain extent, was true, though he had instigated the fight happening at the moment. If his luck held out though, he wouldn't have to see any of the gang members again, and would be well on his merry way outside of the city soon.

Humming to himself, Easter decided he'd explore the place a bit, maybe return here once he had gotten his fill of sweets, see what was up. As he walked, he prepared his best "butter wouldn't melt in my mouth" face and snickered. Soon, he'd have more sweets than he could carry, and he wouldn't have to pay a single coin for any of them.

Juyu

“Yeah see funny thing about that... f*** you. I ain’t gonna just give money for such a half-ass job, what kinda girl you think you’re dealing with. I didn’t get where I’m at by playing nice.”

Though Wesley's expression remained causal and indifferent, the girl's eye twitched slightly after watching Sada summon her fellow Zangeese to her side. "All done, Obsidian?" Sensing Sid's presence behind her, the girl glanced over her shoulder and flashed her partner an almost painfully friendly smile before returning her gaze to Sada. This would have been rather bizarre to most people, but those who where familiar with Wesley would know all too well that this particular smile could only mean one thing; someone was f***ing with her poke. 

“Now this is how it’s gonna go. You give up your Poke, or me and my crew will beat you bloody, capishe?”

"Ohhh is that so ?" Wes cooed, her passive expression seeming a tad ominous given the rapidly escalating situation. For a moment she found herself marveling at how easy it would be for her to draw her Metal Claws and rip out this other woman's throat. She still had the power granted to her by Sid before she engaged the Altaria, and it's wasn't like Sada or her goons where anywhere near fast enough to react to- much less avoid an attack with her speed at this range. Wes's fingers twitched slightly at the prospect of killing the entire gang and taking their poke whilst her arms hung unthreateningly at her side. 

Subtle amounts of killer intent seem to create Pressure in the air as the girl made up her mind. If they weren't going to pay her like they agreed, then what choice did she have? "Well then, I sup-" She was suddenly interrupted by commotion amongst her prey. 

“s*** it’s the Sheriff!”

Cops? Glancing to her right, Wes locked eyes with the Escavalier heading directly towards the group. Sighing, she dispelled the Pressure she had set loose in the air before turning back to Sada. 

“Damn it all I wanted was a good spot...You’re so lucky, sucker.”  

This lady just didn't know when to cut her losses, huh? Suddenly an idea struck, causing the Weavile to flash an evil grin at the Zangeese. Inhaling deeply, Wes channeled all the energy Sid had lent her, and mixed it with the cold that she stored deep within her very being. With a single breath the girl unleashed a massive wave of bone chilling air and icicles directly at Sada, who was unfortunate enough to be standing only a few steps in front of her. In an instant the area around the Zangeese was cloaked in a freezing blizzard that hung in the air for a few moments before finally dissipating, and when the frost finally cleared Wes and Sid would be nowhere to be found.  

iU8EggM.png

"Only 270 poke...." Wes groaned as she inspected her profit for a day's worth of pickpocketing. After escaping the scene of the brawl, the pair had made there way to the closest store and sold the amassment of trinkets that Wesley and her clones had... appropriated from the town's folk. Though unfortunately it seemed that most of the good's had been damaged when she packed them into her bag, and were essential worthless.

"This is why I prefer wet work!"   She whined to her partner as the two made their way through the shopping district. Ever since she had paired up with Sid, the girl had found that she had been taking up less and less "dirty" jobs... was this his way of trying to make her soft? Sighing grumbly, Wes pouted before cramming the money into her pocket. "So where did that Empoleon broad tell us to meet her again? 

Alleria put on the kimono, she looked perfect in it. "Wow, you look just like a priestess! You could fit in with any other priestess from my town!" She said with enthusiasm.

"Uh-umm, are you also going to participate on the festival...?

I mean, are you here from a distant land for the festival, Himiko?"

"Well, i come from Johto, from Ecruteak town to be precise. I'm here for a pilgrimage, it's quite a long story, but since we have more than enough time in our hand i'm gonna tell you. When a priestess of my family reaches her 20s, she's sent on a pilgrimage in another region to bring the village's prayers to the legendaries. Our village, though, is now in need, the lands aren't as fertile now, so i was sent earlier than usual on a pilgrimage. And i thought that participating in the festival would be fun. I know a few ritual dances and can sort of sing, so i thought it would be quite fun." 

"But, anyway, i'm hungry, let's go back in town to see if there are some tasty snacks to eat!"

Oasis

Taiga and the murkrow had crashed into the ground.  Taiga was too busy gnawing on the gijinka flesh that she didn't realize that she would be the one crashing first.  As the dust settled, the taste of blood awoke the sleeping shark.  When she came to, she looked around for her prey, it was driving her wild!

"EAT! EAT! EAT!  WHERE ARE YOU YOU STUPID BIRDBRAIN!?"  She was frenzied...it was hard to control her blood lust.

When she saw him, lying on the ground in a puddle of his own blood, she raced over to him.  Drool pooled down the sides of her mouths, as she prepared to take another chunk out of the gijinka.  As she looked into his eyes, the eyes that feared death, she noticed a certain degree of innocence in them.  This gijinka couldn't be barely a pre-teen.  As her chompers were prepared to clench his jugular, she started to come to her senses.  She closed her mouth forcefully, snapping straight above his face.  She removed her weight off from him and wiped her mouth clear of the drool, blood, and downing. 

"Tch...get the hell out of here kid.  Get yourself to a hospital or somethin'.  If I see you running around this town with a gang again...I won't hesitate to take a bigger chunk out of you!"  As Taiga walked away from the scene she noticed a Scizor looking at her funny.  She snipped her jaws at her.  "Whaddya staring chrome dome?!  Never seen a sharpedo almost eat an entire murkrow whole?!"  She stormed off towards the camelpalooza stand...eating some cute animals would take her mind off of the whole ordeal that just occured.

Petting...she meant petting.

In the back of her mind...she wondered if she would have taken mercy on the Scyther who started this whole thing....

Probably not.  

d2akEes.png

Juyu,

Of course the criminals had turned on the two.  It was a team of them versus the two gijinka squad.  Pity for them that they had picked on the wrong tag-team.  

“s*** it’s the Sheriff!”

Sid wasn't one to talk to authority, and Wes wasn't necessarily the character that wanted to be caught.  Sid sunk into her shadow as she launched a powerful blizzard to mask their escape.  "Stupid..." he snickered at Wes' assumption of the character of gang leaders.  As soon as they made their way into the shopping district, and away from the fuzz, Sid emerged from Wes' shadow.  

"Only 270 poke....This is why I prefer wet work! "

"Good money...good job..."  Although he could feel his partner pouting, he was proud of her.  Wes always talked about how she loved her assassinations.  She loved them based on the expensive nature of tasks involving murder.  However, since teaming up, Sid had always been against the idea of murdering other Gijinka.  He had seen the worse of Gijinka-kind...he didn't want to reduce himself to the lows of that.  He didn't want Wes too sink that low either.    

So where did that Empoleon broad tell us to meet her again?"

"Flatside...Inn..." Sid recited.  He walked through the crowds, looking for a sign that would lead them to the Flatside.  The streets had become more emptied the further they travelled out of the inner square.  Looking back to Wes he sighed.  "Be more careful..." he looked back to the street, "supposed to be a ninja..."  He cackled beneath his collar.   

"Wow, you look just like a priestess! You could fit in with any other priestess from my town!"

"T-thanks...that's nice to hear...wait, did you just say priestess?"

"Well, i come from Johto, from Ecruteak town to be precise. I'm here for a pilgrimage, it's quite a long story, but since we have more than enough time in our hand i'm gonna tell you. When a priestess of my family reaches her 20s, she's sent on a pilgrimage in another region to bring the village's prayers to the legendaries. Our village, though, is now in need, the lands aren't as fertile now, so i was sent earlier than usual on a pilgrimage."

"Aah...so you're looking for the legendaries too..."

"And i thought that participating in the festival would be fun. I know a few ritual dances and can sort of sing, so i thought it would be quite fun."

"Ooh! I guess we'll get along swimmingly then."

So she -was- a foreigner, after all. It's probably the first time she saw one, she couldn't remember whether she had been with one or not. Different customs, different dances, maybe she could get along with her for now. Alleria would leave in...uh...how long had she been in this city, anyway? Well she'd probably leave once the festival's done and said. Though at that point she would probably forget about Himiko anyway. Quite a shame, but that mean she just need to enjoy the time she had with her now as much as she could. And hey, maybe she could actually try remembering one of her dances or something.

"But, anyway, i'm hungry, let's go back in town to see if there are some tasty snacks to eat!"

Right...eating. Alleria's stomach growled at the mention of that, and she realized that maybe the earlier ruckus really drained her...or maybe it's what happened before that...? Unable to really pinpoint a proper reasoning, the girl sighed for a bit. It's decaying faster than she thought. Did she hit her head or something, earlier? She already forgotten most of the events that she experienced in this week, and she could barely remember what happened to her today aside from her taking a bath and going outside from her rented room earlier. Welp, that should be more reason to get along as well with Himiko as possible.

"Sure then, I'm really hungry too, anyway.

...huh, I think I dropped my purse.

Is it fine if I borrow some from you? I'll do anything that'll please you for this, promise.

I can be of such help, don't worry."

iU8EggM.png

After some time (and Alleria borrowing some ointment from Himiko so she could treat her wounds somewhat), the two of them were now walking around the streets of the town, looking for something to eat. Thinking about it, maybe her purse had been snatched by someone before she was found by Himiko. Had she been awake back then, she'd probably try beating the smile into that person or something buuuuuuuuuuuuut it's not important now. It's gone anyway. Sucks, really, but she'll need to find out a way to get money soon anyway. Maybe she should consider pol-

"Ah...have you seen anything you like, Himiko?" Chirping at the girl besides her to shift her thought from her money problem, she waited for her to answer.

Juyu

Cold Crown Wallenstein

“Get it? Cause you did...that ice attack..earlier...never mind.”

"Pfft, the hell was that?!" Wallenstein covered her mouth and glanced downwards, stiffing out her laughter. "Shitshitshitshit, my habit of laughing to bad jokes..."

It was then that she saw her feet. "Woah! Your feet's gone!" Wallenstein squatted down hurriedly. "You alri- Oh, right, you ghost types and levitation. Scared the daylights out of me..." Wallenstein stood back up, slightly embarrassed.

"...well, as I said earlier, I'm Wallenstein. Nice to meet you, Gwen." And with introductions out of the way, the two made for the nearest bar(Wallenstein dragged her). It was the same bar Wallenstein went to yesterday and the owner's face paled upon seeing her again. nidoQueen's 'Don't Stop Me Now' played in the background as drinks were brought to the two. Two glasses of fruit juice brought in cocktail cups.

"Don't think you're the type to be fond of drinking, plus I wanna stay sober for tomorrow so fruit juice it is." The two clanged their glasses together. "So, what brings you to Juyu, Gwen?"

Kazo watched as the young lion cub scratch at the ground, causing a flood of memories to rush back to the tall dragon's head, some good... most bad. Really bad. He put down the body, making sure to swipe the badge the clown-like gijinka had before crouching by the boy, just watching. Hey, it'd be rude to just steal the experience from the small child. After a minute or two he walked away to a nice spot, crouching down and digging into the dirt quickly, like he was actually a mole instead of a dragon. Soon, he had a nice hole about six feet deep. He climbed out and laid the body into the ground before crawling out and filling it again, doing a quick run on top of it to flatten it. He opened up his hand, looking at the badge that caused all of this.

"Guess in the end, we don't even know if you were telling the truth or not...," He muttered. What about this man's family? Were they to never know of the fate of him, left to forever have the false hope he'll come back? He closed his hand before reaching for a small chain around his neck, sliding it off his neck. On the end was a small drill, a memento from a Chaser to never stop chasing his dreams, and that anyone can reach the top if they work hard. With some fiddling, he was able to attach the badge to the chain, it sliding right next to the drill. 

He slipped the chain on as he used his foot to mark the spot he was standing at with a hastily drawn X. The speedy dragon then dashed over to the tree that was apparently on fire. "Someone should do something about that." He thought as he plucked a few of the leaves that weren't on fire and tore off some bark. A quick dash got him back to the X placing them into ground, trying to make them as a grave marker. He sighed, unsatisfied. He needed to find a proper gravestone for the poor man, but he doubted he had the money. 

The blue dragon then walked back to the young cub, crouching down and checking his progress. 

It was quite amusing to see the Charizard take the Seviper's hit, and now that the two were well and truly busy with each other it would be a simple matter to take the both of them down and Aegon captive so that she could interrogate him at her leisure.  She was just getting ready to leap into the fray and bring them both down with a swift strike to the neck, when a cry rang out through the area.

"sheet!  It's the Sheriff!"  Whisper turned as she heard that, looking in the direction that many of the others had, and saw the aforementioned sheriff readily enough.  The Escavalier looked tough, tougher than she felt like taking on at the moment, and so she decided that the best option was to run.  Dispelling that tearing wind about her to avoid drawing undue attention with a trail of blood and bodies in her wake, she bolted into the crowd and from there ran to the nearest alley.  She couldn't avoid being taken in by the law, especially with the state that the order was presently in.  

Still, she did not intend to just give up for the day oh no.  She had noticed a pair fleeing the scene as well.  A Weavile and Sableye that had been dealing with the gangs in an effort to make some money.  Petty thieves by the look of them, but thieves had a knack for being in the right place to catch rumors.  Since she had already seen their faces, it only took the decision to kill them if they did not help her to get her pointed in the right direction.

It didn't take her long to find the two of them.  It helped that they apparently weren't hiding, instead just making their way down a mostly empty street with little cover for either of them.  It was almost too easy, but then again she suspected the two of them had no reason to expect that an assassin would be coming after them.  Anyways, as she came closer to them she caught a few snippets of their conversation.

"So where did that Empoleon broad tell us to meet her again?"  Well, wasn't this one just lovely?  That Weavile might well have fit in back with the family, but that was something to consider another time.

"Flatside... Inn," the Sableye said, only to scold his companion. "Be more careful... supposed to be a ninja."  Now that was rich.  The Weavile was some sort of Ninja?  Certainly an interesting prospect, but that could be discussed later.  For now, she had business with them.  Approaching the two from behind, she laid an arm across each of their shoulders before they could try to run away.

"That was good work you two did back there with the gangs," she said with a smile and just a hint of flirtation in her voice.  "Any chance the two of you know or seen a Camerupt around here?  They're a Chaser, and I happen to need to find them to handle a... personal matter.  If you two have information, I'd be willing to pay 150 Poké for it."

Himiko and Alleria got out of the house and started walking around Juyu, wearing the matching kimonos.

They soon arrived back to the festival grounds. 

"Sure then, I'm really hungry too, anyway.

...huh, I think I dropped my purse.

Is it fine if I borrow some from you? I'll do anything that'll please you for this, promise.

I can be of such help, don't worry."

"Sure! I think i have some here, food doesn't cost much anyway so..." She said as she handed her 20 Pokè. And then they started looking at the various food stands, everyone of them released an heavenly smell of different foods. 

"Ah...have you seen anything you like, Himiko?" "Well, actually everything looks delicious..." She said as her stomach let out a loud growl. "But i think i'll buy some moon cakes if i find them, they're typical in Johto, maybe we can find them here too!" She said as she started running around the festival grounds looking for the stand that would sell them. "Yes! Found it!" Himiko said with excitement. "I'll take 4 red bean paste Moon cakes!" She said as she payed the necessary Poké which was a total of 15. "Have you found anything that you like?" She said as she returned to Alleria with the little box with hot moon cakes inside it.

MwhMjJD.png

Poke: 700

Inventory: Dusk Stone, Nugget, Moo Moo Milk x2

"sheet, it's the sheriff!"

Those words of warning were all the prompt Fawkes needed for she and her clone to get out of dodge, with the second clone unfortunately having been chomped on and dispelled.  The clone tossed the real girl her loot as the two split up; the fake simply choosing any route to get out of there and away from the sheriff and potential enemies, while the real one kept a close eye on those two thieves of interest, counting up her loot in the meantime.  200 poke snatched from that Altaria.  Not bad.

AfoYVVt.png

Poke: 350

Inventory: Poke Puff Bag, Berry Case (contains one Haban Berry and one Sitrus Berry), Dragon Gem x1, Breast Pad x2 (C-cup, equipped)

Kah was having such a great time too, relishing in the thrill of battle and beating down lesser creatures.  Then one of the wretched mongrels rolled straight into her back.  Kah took the hit in stride, but it would be a lie to say it didn't hurt, especially since the first strike hit hard enough to knock her face-first into the sand.

"Filthy creature," Kah spat, with equal parts venom and sand rolling off her words.  Directing her attention to the rolling Sandslash, Kah knew precisely how to go about this one.  While they weren't designed for full-on flight like, say, a Salamence, the three pairs of wings on a Hydreigon were more than capable of short-term suspension in the air.  Mustering all the power she could, Kah leaped upward with her legs and added to her force with the aid of her wings.  And while she was airborne, she directed her hands in front of her, taking aim at the rolling Sandslash and charging up a Pulse of Dragon energy.

"I'll teach you to defy your masters!"  With that vicious roar of a statement, Kah let loose with the charged energy, firing down toward the Sandslash and pushing herself even further up from the recoil.

While Himiko started to buy the mooncakes, Alleria opted to go to a nearby foodstand, and bought some volcano bakemeats from it. Returning after buying it, she saw the foreign girl already with her food.

"Have you found anything that you like?" She asked, holding a box filled with her favorite mooncakes. The Altaria smiled looking at her being this happy, and brought up her special-serving Volcano Bakemeat before the Chimencho.

"Yea, found this here. People here said that this is called Volcano Bakemeat...or something similar. It's basically round bread with some beef in it and lettuces and tomato and others. Not sure where they get the Volcano part...or the bake part, actually.

Anyway, let's sit here and eat. My leg's still kind of sore from earlier."

Alleria pointed at a nearby bench as she said that. The two of them then proceed to sit, and after making an excusing gesture to Himiko, she started to munch on her food enthusiastically. It's...probably not that good of an idea to eat something like this when she need to keep her body and spirit in shape, but it's just so tasty that she's willing to put that aside for now and kept on munching. It looked quite inelegant, especially compared to the polite and well-mannered Himiko, but it's how Alleria appreciated a good food and a good company.

It didn't take long for her to finish the food, and once she did, she cleaned her mouth from the mess, and turned around to Himiko, smiling widely.

"Really, thanks a lot for this. It's just...you're really kind to me, even if we just met today, and the first impression you get of me aren't really something even remotely good.

You really have my gratitude, so if you need any help ..just tell me, alright? I'll definitely try to help you to repay your kindness."

After saying it, the Altaria turned around, seeing towards the festival area with a longing look on her face. Looking at it, everything felt so distant. She knew that it wouldn't be long until her damage took its toll again, and she'd even forget Himiko when that happened. She'd forget about the fun she'd have on the festival tomorrow, about her crowd, and others. if she's lucky, she'd be able to get something that could act as a memorabilia or reminder about the event, but she's not really sure that she'd be able to.

"You know...maybe after this, let's practice together for tomorrow, shall we? I can learn some of your moves, and maybe you can see the difference of the dance here than your home region's.

Does that sound good enough?"

Oasis

Whoever this Scarlet chick was she was pretty well-prepared. She was ready with a Lum Berry on the off chance that Mac was bea...no not beaten, temporarily in a state of not quite winning. But in any case Mac approved. She’d salute if it weren’t for the fact that she couldn’t move her arm.
Speaking of which...The one issue with this Scizor was that she apparently couldn’t hear very well. “Uhhh this isn’t in the water you know.” Mac called out. Though as Scarlet was already busy with something else it seemed she didn’t notice the Helioptile’s words.
Mac tried to move her body closer to the water to no avail. She had literally no reason to believe that water would help, except her own random hunch. Which was enough for her.
Sadly the numbness had spread so much she couldn’t even do that. All she could do was struggle to move her head around to scan the area.
Nearby there were two other gijinka. One was a really really tall dude. He probably was really strong or something. And the other one looked younger than Mac. They were messing around with the dead guy’s body but they seemed to be treating it well so Mac was sure they were the good guys.
“Hey, you, Litleo. Get over here!” Mac hated what she was about to do but there weren’t any options really. “I uh...seem to be paralyzed or something. Could you...help me eat this Lum Berry?” Mac glared at the Litleo after this, as if daring him to laugh at her plight.

While Mac dealt with that shameful display the last remaining of the attackers, a Sandslash that had gotten overly confident, was being driven into the ground by a powerful Dragon Pulse. The Gijinka had underestimated his foe, having been sure that their attack hitting was proof that the Hydreigon was weaker than first appeared. It paid for this assumption greatly as it was completely blown back by the strike.

Meanwhile the Murkrow that had been so cocky was starting at the Sharpedo, scared and shocked at the brutality of his defeat. He didn’t respond at all to her words and just took off. What direction didn’t matter as long as he made it out of the city.

And out he did, into the desert, and right to where Edgelord was drinking some potion to recover a bit of health. “Eh? Looks like you made it out, good job kid. Got any more potions on you? That bastard got me good...What’s with that look? You aren’t thinking about running off are you? Cause if you are...”

He was interrupted in the middle of his sentence as suddenly a bolt of lighting struck the Murkrow. The young boy let out a cry of alarm before his abdomen exploded from the impact. Stepping over the sizzling corpse was a strangely calm and composed woman
Edgelord braced himself for what he was sure to be a hard fight but the woman just smiled at him, in her unnaturally serene way. “You're Edgelord are you not? I heard you are a powerful and ruthless marauder. This is true?”
“What’s it to you, toots?” Edgelord replied defensively.
“I could have use of one such as you. I come here to ask you to join me in my quest, I promise you it will be well worth it.”
“What...kind of quest?” Edgelord didn’t lower his guard but his curiosity was piqued, what could this woman want?
“Well your name is very well known, but I believe you may have heard of the one called ‘God Slayer’ yes?”
Edgelord eyes widened as the realization hit him, but he quickly tried covering it up. “I’m listening...”

Still Oasis

The citizens of Oasis, once the fight was over, rushed to try and save their precious tree. They were able to keep it from burning to the ground but the ancient plant would be damaged for quite some time.
They thanked each of the Gijinka they could find who helped out in the battle, though it was obvious that part of each of them blamed them for the damage of their tree. Nonetheless they were all offered a free meal and night’s rest if they wanted it. But they were asked politely not to stay for much longer.
All the “heros” were sent messages saying to meet at the inn near Camelpalooza for food and drinks. This also would be where they’d be able to rest if so desired.

Juyu

Sada knew that the Weavile would’ve tried to attack her, she noticed a couple subtle cues. She was actually pretty upset she wouldn’t be able to test this stuck-up b**** more. Sada had a few tricks up her sleeve and she was disappointed she didn't get to use any of them.

The Weavile didn’t seem to care about the Sheriff’s arrival and launched an ice attack on her and her gang. She braced for impact and managed to stave off the attack, albeit leaving her with some frosty arms and a dozen or so marks on her arms, torso, and face. Not to mention a couple of her weaker gang dropped to the attack. She was ready to tear the Weavile a new one, Sheriff be damned, but the tricky Gijinka was nowhere to be found.

Instead that stick-in-the mud, Heather, had made it to them. “Hey there buddy long time no see!” Sada said with a cheeky, and hate-filled, tone.

Heather looked immensely unimpressed. She had noticed the Weavile, its Sableye accomplish, and an Absol flee the scene. The Absol wasn’t top priority, as it was the Weavile that had attacked after she made her call to stop. “You all must remain here for questioning.” She said to the Zangoose gang. Sada rolled her eyes but shrugged. She knew it would be bad to fight it right now.

A sudden shout brought everyone’s attention to the fight happening nearby. The Charizard had barely dodged Phinehas’ attack and countered with a ferocious claw swipe.
Phinehas took the hit directly, and Sada rolled her eyes at his stupidity. Then he crouched down, preparing to launch a powerful attack. That’s when Heather, eyes flashing with anger, came in. Her arm took the form of a blunted blade and slammed down hard on the back of Phinehas, dropping the Seviper in a single blow.

She then turned to the Charizard and, without waiting for him to make any action, shifted her blunted blade into a long, chitinous and green, lance. She thrust it forward and ran the Charizard through. She was careful to strike right at a point that would do no lasting damage. Even so the damage done was great and the Charizard too was out of commission.  
Heather let out a sigh and looked around once more for any others she needed to detain. She noticed the injured Rotom and snapped her fingers. A young girl suddenly appeared beside her. “Deputy Kayla, please administer first aid to this boy and make sure the criminals do not escape.” The girl nodded and swiftly rushed forward, bringing out a potion out of seemingly nowhere to begin the healing process on the Rotom.

She turned her attention back to Sada. “You will explain everything. And tell me who that Weavile was. Keep in mind any refusal to help will be considered aiding a criminal and you will be charged with such.”

Sada rolled her eyes at the words but then smiled. “I can do ya one better as long as you take it easy on me and my boys. I can tell you where the b**** is gonna be.”

Once Heather brought in Phinehas and the Charizard to the jail, as well as confirm that the Weavile was where Sada said, she set Kayla to keep an eye on her. She instructed the girl to observe her and report back with all findings. To only engage if absolutely necessarily. Meanwhile Heather would try and track down the Altaria, Empoleon, Mismagius, and Absol that evidently had some hand in today’s chaos.

Gwen blushed slightly as the girl, Wally, laughed at her joke. She wasn’t quite used to them being taken so well so she was unsure how to respond. When Wally expressed concern about her feet, or lack thereof, Gwen couldn’t help but smile. “Yes that is quite alright it sometimes takes those who didn’t grow up with my kind some time to adjust.”

Startled, but surprisingly pleased, that Wally took the initiative to drag her off to a bar, a place Gwen wouldn’t think of going before, and order drinks. When she asked Gwen what she was doing here she had to pause. “Well...you see, I’m from Alpha. Oh that’s right most people wouldn’t know it. It’s kinda a...ghost town.” Gwen paused, with a “geddit?” expression, before continuing. “A-anyway, I decided to become a Chaser you see and...well this is the direction that felt best. I’ve always been curious about the festival, music isn’t something I’m used to where I’m from...do you sing?” The two went on talking for a time, before they had to say their goodbyes, at least for now. “I hope to see you again, Wally, that was...nice.”

The next day the festival was in full bloom. From 5 AM the festival grounds were abuzz with activity. Games were being played everywhere, the smell of food was strong in the air, merchants called out to those passing by, hoping to sell their wares, priests and priestesses dedicated to various legends were scattered among the crowd and telling tales of the greatness of their patrons. And of course, music.
Everywhere one looked, or more importantly listened, different musicians were playing their hearts out. They’d play for several hours at a time before having to take a break and be replaced with a new musician. All kinds of music from all over was being represented here and mixed and mingled into a symphony of wondrous talent.
And all the while the central stage was having final preparations. Close to the stage was an older man who was checking off as contestants filled in, and some last minute entries were allowed in with jokingly stern reprimand at being so late.
It was as if the fight from the other night hadn’t happened, all there was, was a happy energy throughout the entire place.
Even Sada and her gang were in high spirits, having proudly taken over their preferred spot seeing as the Seviper gang were in shambles and their leader in jail.
And through it all the stern-faced Heather scanned the crowd, searching for those responsible for the disturbance the other day. Though even she couldn’t help but somewhat get into the spirit.
The festival had truly begun at last.

[spoiler=OOC]
Okay here we go we’re moving on a bit. I couldn’t justify skipping to the next day in Oasis so there’s that.
Juyu, if you had business the other day with anyone just wrap it up in your post before moving on, and talk with the players you need to, in order to finish it up. (Like Hollow, Hydreigon's and Keto’s characters for instance).

Oasis: Basically just interact with other characters, plan where you’re headed next and with whom, explore the city if need be. If you need any details about where you wanna go, what happens when you go there, etc, ask away. Including you, Stalfos, if you want info.
And yes, look, plot, did I shove it in your face enough? Don’t worry about that though, yet~

Juyu: Aaand festival. Yes Aegon is arrested for an unknown amount of time. And yes Heather is after some of you, but it’s perfectly okay to avoid her. However Wes won’t be able to avoid Kayla so easily, but don’t worry, unless you do something crazy she won’t do a thing to you.
If details are needed about anything in the festival or otherwise let me know, otherwise most of it can be kinda up to you. More interacting without combat mulling things up here would be good.

So basically, interact, plan, ask. Sorry if it's a bit bare/vague but I can fill in details later.

Oasis

"Hmmmmmmmmmmm...."

*Munch...Munch...Munch*....

"Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?"  

The staring contest between Taiga and the camel she now called Humpty had gone into it's first minute, and Taiga's eyes started to water.  The dry desert heat was shriveling them.  Humpty just stood there, chowing down on some hay that was provided for him.  He didn't seem to care much for Taiga, but kept his focus on her.  Suddenly, it was all over!  A winner had been decided!

"HAH!  You dummy!  No one can beat the mighty Taiga in any form of competition!  OHOHOHOHOOOOO!"  She pet the camel on it's nose.  "Nice try pal...better luck next time."  A tap was felt on her dorsal fin, making her blush furiously.  

"Uhm...Excuse me!  Are you the Sharpedo who helped out the town earliah'?"   A boy held a letter up to her face.

"W-W-What's it to you?!"  She turned around quickly with her face as scarlet as a tomato berry.  Shaking her face and smacking it a couple of times, Taiga chomped down on the envelope.  "Beat it kid!"  The phrase was muffled, and the boy hurried off with his bag full of letters.  She tore open the letter by moving her saw-like teeth sideways.  Taking out it's contents, it read that the heroes from earlier would be provided with free meals and a stay at the local inn.  Luckily she was pretty close to it.  "Well ain't that just swell...Getting a taste of that bird actually gave me the munchies!"  Taiga strolled over to the inn, where she kicked the swinging doors.  She moseyed her way over to one of the empty tables and held up the letter.  "Hey!  What's good for eatin' around this place!  Gimme the best meats ya got!"  

d2akEes.png

Juyu

As he and Wes continued down the empty street, a sudden weight was felt coming down onto his shoulders.  Looking to his side, he noticed an Absol Gijinka, her face was full of interest in the two...had she been in that fight earlier?  

"That was good work you two did back there with the gangs.  Any chance the two of you know or seen a Camerupt around here?  They're a Chaser, and I happen to need to find them to handle a... personal matter.  If you two have information, I'd be willing to pay 150 Poké for it."

Sid rolled his eyes.  Another woman on a mission.  He wasn't going to tell the Absol anything until she mentioned a generous amount of Poke that would be handed over.  Since they hadn't made anything from their previous contracts Sid would indulge the fellow dark type with the info.  Also, getting the first word in instead of Wes would probably infuriate her.  It would be quite the prank.  First, Sid smacked the arm off of his shoulder and turned around to face the Absol.  Her eyes...he had been meeting a lot of people today with that look in their eyes.  In the distance, he could see a familiar shadow...small and sneaky...not them again.  

Sid unzipped his collar, making it easier for him to speak.  His permanent grin was filled with razor sharp teeth.  

"Camerupt...Yea."  His head twitched to the side.  "Harassed singers...scorched one real bad...tired after big fire attack."  Another twitch of his head, but this time it was to the other side.  "Try Festival...tomorrow...backstage maybe."  He zipped his collar back up to cover his mouth, and let out a sigh.  He would leave Wes for debt collection.  He turned to notice that the Flatside Inn was merely feet away.  After they would receive their pay, the two would go in to see if the Empoleon was true to her word.   

Juyu

Cold Crown Wallenstein

A brief moment of silence, perhaps for Gwen to pick her words, came after Wallenstein asked.

“Well...you see, I’m from Alpha. Oh that’s right most people wouldn’t know it. It’s kinda a...ghost town.”

Pause.

"Ha!"

“A-anyway, I decided to become a Chaser you see and...well this is the direction that felt best. I’ve always been curious about the festival, music isn’t something I’m used to where I’m from...do you sing?”

It was then Wallenstein's turn to answer. "No, not really. Some say my voice isn't too bad but when I actually sing things go south. Like, really southern. It's a real shame because I love nidoQueen and I really wish I could sing the song playing right now in this bar. When put that way I guess it's a bit weird for me to be hanging out here for the music festival, isn't it? I stopped by here since the festival seemed like a decent opportunity to use all the money I saved up for a while now and then..." It was undeniable that the amount Wallenstein talked throughout the evening more than doubled Gwen's. Nevertheless, they both had a good time, smiles and orange juice aplenty. They mostly talked idly or about lighthearted subjects, never delving too deep into each others' personal stories.

They stayed for a good few hours, talking and drinking and enjoying the silence of the music. Wallenstein ordered another glass(of orange juice!) from the owner. "By the way, owner .Ya saved up the good stuff for me tomorrow, right~?"

"Y-You plan on coming tomorrow too?..."

"Of course! Ya should be happy, ya've been draining my wallet dry buddy!" Wallenstein could've sworn she heard a slight sob in the background but she was too  drunk(off the atmosphere naturally) to care. The owner hung his head down, resigned to his fate. The bar devil would drop by again tomorrow. At least tonight she ordered only orange juice.

Eventually, the two decided to leave, calling it a day. "Oh right, my wallet. Home. Owner, put it on my tab."

"Right, Miss Wally..."

"Wallenstein."

"Miss Wally."

"Wallenstein, damnit."

"Miss Wally."

"Tch. Fine."

They stepped outside, the evening light greeted them.

“I hope to see you again, Wally, that was...nice.”

"Even you're calling me Wally now..." She put a hand to her face, pretending to cry. "Well, it was inevitable. Anyway Gwen, see you 'round. Probably tomorrow."

iU8EggM.png

The next day Wally got dressed, grabbed her wallet, and headed to the square, eight in the morning sharp. She would have fun, eat food, drink, maybe meet some of the people from the ruckus yesterday and then have fun with them too. She had no hangover lingering so she had no real intention to fight today.

[spoiler=OOC]Cowcow, I know you said to keep track of remaining money but honestly that's kinda a pain. I'll just have her end up with pocket change or less by the time she leaves the festival day ends.

"Camerupt...Yea Harassed singers...scorched one real bad...tired after big fire attack.Try Festival...tomorrow...backstage maybe."  Wes's eye twitched with annoyance as Sid spilled the information the two had on the Camerupt in own... unique way. Sighing loudly to make sure her partner was aware that she was unhappy with his shenanigans, Wesley reached up to her shoulder and placed a gleaming Metal claw on the Absol's hand.

Upon being approached from the rear, the girl had instinctively drawn her claws as a way to dispatch whoever was foolish enough to try and jump her and Obsidian. Truth be told, she was a tad disappointed that it wasn't that Sada b****, but the fact that this Absol was offering some quick cash did make up for the fact that she wouldn't get to thrash the stingy Zangoose. "You talk too much, Obsidian." Wesley addressed her partner by his full name, as she glanced over he shoulder to meet the gaze of the Absol. "Hm," She grunted coldly, her suspicions confirmed. "you smell a lot like blood, lady..." The young Weavile sneered, mimicking the other woman's flirtatious tone. 

Now in close proximity of another trained killer, Wesley's demeanor shifted to that of a respectable kunoichi. "My partner said it all. Your guy knocked out the contestant with a single move, and was reported to have been pretty drained after..." Wes spoke in an uncharacteristically businesslike tone, her metal clad hand still placed firmly on the top of other woman's. "stick by the contestants and you may get lucky and catch him after he uses that move again."   

Satisfied with the information she supplied, Wes waited for one of the lingering townsfolk to pass by the trio before sliding out of the woman's grasp. After positioning herself next to Sid, the girl allowed her claws to vanish before gripping her partner by the arm. "We'll handle our business with the Empoleon tomorrow, Munch Mouth." Her tone softened slightly when addressing the Sableye by her mocking nickname. "The sheriff's probably looking for all three of us, and It'ed be a pain in our ass if we were seen with her." She motioned towards the Absol, though her gaze had never left the woman's eyes.

"If you want to invest in our services we'll be around tomorrow, but for now I think it's in both our best interests to finish up this transaction and go about disappearing."  She spoke to the Absol as yet another small group of civilians glided by, completely unaware of the business that was being done right in front of them. 

"Camerupt...Yea.  Harassed singers...scorched one real bad...tired after big fire attack."  While Whisper was a bit disappointed that she gained the information so easily, it was quite the thing to be able to set herself to preparing to deal with her foe quickly.  Her sense for the chaser's location was not improved, but she had a lead on where he might show up the following day during the festival.  That was plenty useful, and she was preparing to retrieve the funds she'd promised when the weavile took the initiative to speak to her, after expressing her distaste with the Sableye's speaking.

"You smell a lot like blood, lady."  That piqued Whisper's interests, meeting someone who could pick out that scent on her.  It had been a while since she had last done The Lord's work, so she had suspected it had grown faint about her.  This intrigued her, and the Absol picked out a few things she had not noticed before.  A stance that allowed for quick motion, or to solidify one's defenses in an instant, an almost supernatural stillness to her body, and a familiar intensity in the Weavile's eyes.  As Wesley's demeanor shifted, so too did Whisper's.  This was a meeting of equals, after all.  "My partner said it all.  Your guy knocked out the contestant with a single move, and was reported to have been pretty drained after... stick by the contestants and you may get lucky and catch him after he uses that move again."  Now that was useful information.  More distinct, more precise than what she had gotten from the Sableye.  She almost caught herself liking this one.

"Understood."  She stated, abandoning the flirtatious tone.  She paused, waiting until a group of civilians passed by before she retrieved the Poké she had promised them and handed it over to the Kunoichi.  "I would also like to extend the request that you not accept any contracts on the Camerupt's head.  He is mine."  Preparing to go, Whisper placed her right palm over her heart and dipped her head to the pair.  "May the Dark shine your way."  Then, just as quickly as she had arrived, she ducked down a side alley and had vanished off to where she'd been spending the nights in the city.  The Order had maintained a number of safe houses throughout the region, and Juyu was no different.

With the festival grounds abuzz with the sound of performers and the like, she was able to slip through unnoticed.  All it took was the addition of a garish mask to her robes and an... acquired bass guitar for her to blend into the hundreds, perhaps thousands, of performers gathered.  A few mellow notes here, a melody or two there, and an occasional discordant harmony played on the strings had her barely registering as anything more than a costumed performer.  Not that she chose to enter the contest of course.  She simply found an empty spot with a clear view of the central stage, and waited until her quarry made his appearance.  There would only be one chance to take him, and speed would be of the utmost importance.  All the while as she played, keeping up the guise of a bard arrived for the festival, she scanned the crowd through the eye holes of that mask.  She would know the Camerupt when she saw them.

Oasis

Ari kept digging away at the ground, not noticing the flurry of activity going on next to him. Before he knew it though, the body was gone, the blue man was next to him, and when the cub looked around, there was a patch of flattened earth right next to him. "Oh..." he murmured. "I forgot...you could dig," he gave an abashed laugh before springing upright.

"Hey, you, Litleo. Get over here!" Ari jerked in surprise, turning to spot the yellow girl from before. "I uh...seem to be paralyzed or something. Could you...help me eat this Lum Berry?" She glared at him, as if to say, "Don't you dare laugh."

Ari didn't laugh, but he couldn't stop the grin from forming. "All right," he responded, taking the Lum Berry and putting a part of it in her mouth. Hopefully she could still bite down, or he'd have to force her jaws open and shut.

While feeding her, he looked at the tree, but before he could do anything more than open his mouth and suggest they save it somehow, a gijinka wearing the typical full-length clothing of Oasis scurried up to it, sending the two of them both scathing looks. "Thank you for helping, but I'll take over from here." He immediately released a burst of concentrated water at the tree that had the flames quickly put out. Afterward, he turned to face them fully.

His gaze softened when he noticed the marker the blue man had drawn. "That was very kind of you. Feel free to stay at the inn near Camelpalooza for free food and drinks. Though we'd appreciate it if you would leave as soon as possible, before doing any more...damage," his lips quirked into a wry smile.

Once he left, Ari turned to the blue man. "Thanks for helping out, mister...uhh...what's your name again? Hehe..." he chuckled. "Oh yeah! My name is Ari," he bounced on the balls of his feet, eager and excited for a free meal. He hadn't noticed the censuring undertones in the man's voice. He had mostly gotten over his sadness from earlier, though the sight of the packed earth caused him to sober slightly. "Are you a Chaser too? Are you going to the inn? I am. Wanna head there together? Or are you gonna explore the city?" He turned to the yellow girl as well. "And what about you? What's your name? Mine's Ari!"

tRCh4Z6.png

Juyu

It was the day of the festival. Easter grinned from ear to ear, having gathered up quite a cache of snacks. From anmitsu to anpan to Hanami dango to mochi. And then there had been a vendor selling Poké Puffs! Unfortunately, it had just been the typical array, but Easter had ensnared a promise of a free Supreme Spring Poké Puff if he stopped by later. Still, they weren't quite as good as the ones from home. There had been one person who could make a mean Supreme Wish Poké Puff. Oh, the thought had him drooling.

Taking another bite of his anpan, the Sylveon watched the people go by with a lazy confidence, catching sight of the sheriff a couple times. Despite her serious expression, the girl looked to be enjoying the festival too. Easter leaned back and popped the rest of the anpan into his mouth. Ahh...life was good. All he needed now was someone to...play with.

Archived