Pokemon Gijinka: The Fallen God [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

UNOHESy.png

Poké: 500

Inventory: Good Rod, Antidote x2, Kasib Berry

Her feet were tired. The rough and bumpy terrain here wasn't making the trip to Trailsau - which, despite the name, had no trails leading to it - easy, but at least it meant they were headed in the right direction. However, night was falling, and there was a light rain out. It wasn't the end of the world or anything, but...

"Hey...can I make a group decision to get out of the rain? There's a cave over there...we can probably continue further to Trailsau after the rain passes..."

"S'cool. Better than being out in the rain all night."

The boys were already heading into the cave. Understandable. As a fire-type, Randy would probably have trouble with this type of weather. There was no point continuing on without them, was there? And so, Nani made for the cave as well, opting for a small nook near the front of the cave.

"Phew, Wonder how long it'll be..."

"Not long, if we're lucky." Maybe a quick on-and-off sprinkle type deal. That would be nice.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ZzcS3Rf.png

The crowd of Juyu didn't seem to take their answers to their pleas kindly, and even if with the appearance of Kayla did they not seem discouraged in continuing to impede their path. Soon, a Feraligatr made his way over to them, getting ready to "pound the answers" out of them. While Nine was taken aback by how much of a brute this man really was, something instinctual in him definitely wanted him to respond to his challenge. All the same, he managed to keep himself calm, and thankfully so did Lok as the boy tried to talk the Feraligatr out of fighting them. 

The Feraligatr scowled at Lok. "If ye wanna start talking why don't you explain who this broad is."

With a calm smile on his face Nine merely said, "someone who'll help the city out. That's about it."

"Bit late for that ain't it. We helped ourselves out all this time." The man moved to grab Nine by his shirt. 

Nine retained his calm, saying, "well, better late than never right?"

The Feraligatr's grip got tighter as he hoisted Nine off the ground. "You making fun of me or something? You acting so calm pretty boy, you think you're better than us?"

Nine did not enjoy this, but knew that if he got aggravated then this man would just take it as an invitation to brawl. He also figured that he himself was not all that trustworthy, so he merely had to bring in someone who was. "Me? Not at all. But what about you? Do you think you know better than her?" He points to Kayla. "Do you think the woman whose helped serve your city for years would just let a stranger in without good reason?"

"I don't know, man! Everything's going crazy these days and now this chick just comes walking in feeling like some bigshot." He started to shake Nine. "How we supposed to just let that go?"

After being jostled around, Nine placed his hands on the shoulders of the Feraligatr, saying, "just trust me on this. And if you don't trust me, trust her. And if I'm wrong, you can punch me in the face all you like." The Feraligatr, in response, threw Nine into Lok, hopefully content with that explanation. As the Houndoom knocked into the boy, he looked at him saying, "sorry about that." Looking over to the Accelgor, he then just flashed a smile and waved a greeting to her. 

DcxYSU0.png?1

Looking at the map, Marie wasn't really sure if she was reading it correctly nor how to actually tell where they were on the map. Of course, if anyone had questioned her about it during this time, she would've completely deflected the question and continued to act like she knew precisely where they were. Thankfully, the path they were taking seemed to help her out, as they had both managed to get out of the forest and now get to the more rough and rocky terrain that seemed to surround Trailsau. With the group making their way, though, their journey had come to a brief halt as they were met with a small drizzle.

While the girl had a child like smile on her face as she felt the rain fall down and give a nice refreshing feeling across her, she pouted as no one else seemed to think this way. Letting out a sigh and a, "fiiiine" as everyone else wanted to go into a cave, Marie reluctantly followed the group. 

PVLXe6V.png?1

The rest of the ride was spent in silence. Comfortable, but the gentle rocking of the bubble as it drifted to the ocean floor was enough to make Brooke sick to her stomach. She was almost glad to have something to distract her when the Skrelp and Sharpedo pushed into the bubble.

Brooke clambered to her feet with some difficulty. “You all picked the wrong bubble to try and burst,” she rumbled. A soft red aura shimmered around her, the tell-tale sign of her fighting energy, and she launched forward and smashed her knee into the second Sharpedo’s nose.

Team Showdown, Day 30, Southshore Forest

"What does it look like, pea brain?  I'm putting out the fires!  Someone's gotta live here, and they probably don't wanna live on top of a pile of ashes, right?!"

Zygarde hesitated. Hesitated long enough for Scarlet to get in close and clamp her pincer onto the Legend's arm. Instinctively letting go of Veronica the Dragon turned towards Scarlet and growled in her face. She grabbed the arm Scarlet was using to hold onto Zygarde and squeezed, nearly crushing it in her grip. She then put a palm on Scarlet's stomach and, using both hands, flipped the Scizor over her and threw her to the ground.

Standing above the two, Zygarde growled once more. "Someone....started this. And you are the only ones in the area. Tell me which of you did this so that I may enact my punishment."

Team Mac, Day 35, Ogren

Mac didn't hear the other's responses. Her face was bright red and her ears were ringing. "M-m-married?" She squeaked out, eyes wide.

The old ladies seemed a bit disappointed in the responses. "Oh and we so hoped to see a nice wedding today. Maybe the Great Green One would come and visit."

"Well, there's those two nice young folk who are set to get married tomorrow. Maybe we can get an invitation."

"Where where they staying again? The inn? Yes, that's right. The inn near the chapel."

"Oh don't mind us, kiddies, go about your day."

Before leaving one of them stage whispered to the two boys. "Might want to help your friend out, she looks a bit unwell."

"Ah, and if you're looking for food they've got a fresh batch of hot Onion Soup over at the kitchen down yonder."

Meanwhile Mac was still lost in terrifying thoughts of wedding dresses and flowers. "Why so many flowers." She muttered in abject horror.

Team Neo Not Dark, Day 33, Under the Sea

Denku's attack on the Sharpedo managed to toss him back a bit, clutching his cheek and giving the man a death glare. But the attack on the whole didn't seem as effective as Denku would have wanted, as the Sharpedo wreathed itself in water and rushed at the Pupitar.

Brooke's attack, similarly, seemed to aggravate the Sharpedo on the other side of the group of Skrelp. Though the result was much more intense. Her attack seemed to have busted the Gijinka's nose and blood flowed freely from her face. It also snapped her head back and caused her to lift from the ground and land several feet away. She glared at Brooke and let out a harsh Screeching noise before going in to bite the woman in the leg that had injured her.

The Skrelp, meanwhile, were being peppered by pretty pink stars. They covered their heads as the attack landed and it was clear it had hurt them quite a lot despite having been so spread out. Still, that didn't stop them from opening their mouths and letting out a mass collective barrage of Bubbles heading for Easter.

Dora, finally more aware, got to her feet and tilted her head to the side, looking at the Dragalge who was staying outside of the bubble. "They're covered in seaweed...that must be slimy." She commented.

Team Alola, Day 23, Completely Safe Cave

The group had decided to wait out the rain in a cave. Once inside they could see that it went deeper than it first appeared, but they didn't go any farther than near the entrance. It was warm inside the cave, if a bit damp in places, and the rain seemed unable to reach them. Despite that, after half an hour, it only picked up in intensity.

Still, they seemed to be safe and would be able to rest into the night.

One of them would be awoken, or if already awake alerted, to some rather uncomfortable noises. It sounded like clattering teeth and scraping claws and suddenly...

A trio of Sableye, foam flecking their mouths and eyes bulging from their heads came out from deeper in the cave, rushing towards the group. Behind them came a Pawniard, looking almost rusted, with a single, bloodshot, eye, scraping his metalic claws together. And somewhat farther behind than that was a Skuntank. Lumbering forward with a glazed but hungry expression on its face.

They had been warned about cannibals in Mowloo. But it seemed that they had finally found some here instead.

Team Karaoke, Day 32, Juyu

Kayla nodded stiffly at Nine, relieved to find that the issue had been resolved for the most part. At least enough that the group would be able to walk past the crowd without being hassled anymore. Once out of earshot of them Jirachi sighed. "I am sorry...I should have just told them, perhaps that would've given them more hope..."

Gwendoline shook her head. "No...I think...they just wanted someone to place the blame on. After all, it's hard to just accept something like this happening. I'm sure had you said that it would have caused much more of an issue."

Jirachi didn't seem convinced but had to hurry to keep up with Kayla, who was now walking much faster, seemingly eager to get wherever they were going.

Which, it turned out, was a rather small and simple hut near the festival ground. It seemed both out of place, being there was no other building near, and completely unobtrusive. Kayla took a deep breath and unlocked the front door. Which, the group could see as it opened, was much thicker and more sturdy, as were the walls on further inspection, than they first appeared.

Inside of the hut was a single room. A pair of beds sat in the corner of the room. In the middle of the room was a firepit, with a small but warm fire burning, and a pleasant smell emerging from it. Some kind of incense having been tossed inside of it.

On the beds were two very different women. On one was a red-haired woman dressed only in a simple tunic, with bandaging all over her body. One who would be recognizable as Heather, sheriff of Juyu, to anyone who had passed through the city before. The other was less recognizable. Also seemed much less damaged, at least on the surface, but there was a feeling in the air that she was much worse off. As if her Aura itself was dying. She looked graceful and light, even laying on the bed, and it would be made clear to any who didn't realize who she was in a moment. As, upon seeing the scene, Jirachi came into the room and knelt down by the girl. "Meloetta, my dear, innocent, Meloetta. I'm so, so, sorry."

pl37ikL.jpg?1

oe3ZVDT.png

Team Showdown - Southshore Forest

"Someone....started this. And you are the only ones in the area. Tell me which of you did this so that I may enact my punishment."

Taiga bit her lip, struggling to keep her concentration on the makeshift water hose, rather than Zygarde's incessant barking, but she just had to turn back to bark just as loudly back.  

"Did you ever think for one second, that this might've occurred naturally?!"  Not that Taiga herself thought it did, but it could be another reason why the fire had happened.  "And another thing, why would we stick around a big ol' fire, if we were the one's who set it in the first place?!  It's dryin' out my skin for Pete's sake!"  Taiga almost lost control of her water spout, but continued chugging it at the fires that never seemed to end.  "Besides, when we got sent here in the first place, the fire was already happening!  Now stop throwin' a fit, and help us put out the fire if you're so inclined to stopping it!"  Taiga looked back again to see a bent out of shape Scarlet, almost making her rip away from her hose to go and stop Zygarde.  But she had to keep her cool.  There was another way to stopping Zygarde's rampage.  "Scarlet, Batty, back off...maybe she'll come to her senses...If not, there's nothin' we can do but stop this fire ourselves."  

DcxYSU0.png?1

Still reluctant to do so, much preferring to walk in the rain, Marie had eventually made her way into the cave. After a bit, the fatigue of the day's travels had set in and without much issue, the girl had managed to make herself comfortable in the cave and fall asleep with the rest of her group. Staying asleep, however, seemed to be the difficult part. The girl felt herself roused from her slumber, though with her eyes still closed she couldn't help but be unsure if she was still asleep or not. Trying to keep her eyes closed and go back to sleep, she found the darkness around her start to become more haunting. There were the ambient noises of the cave, but something far less natural seemed to permeate alongside it. Try as she might, Marie was unable to ignore the noises completely, and as a result slowly opened her eyes. 

While tired, the girl looked around, trying to find the source of the noise until her vision stopped on something. Or rather, someone. Or someones. Marie's eyes went wide as she snapped awake, looking at the approaching gijinka towards her, all with a hungry look in their eyes as they made their way towards her. Her alertness gave way to fright and she herself felt suddenly isolated as she looked at the group moving towards her. And so, there was only one appropriate response Marie could make to this. 

"AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!" Letting loose a blood curdling scream as she saw them approach, the noise echoing throughout the cavern, Marie had worked herself up as she started to back away from the terrifying and hungry looking cannibals. 

ZzcS3Rf.png

Nine felt relieved as the crowd dispersed, picking himself back up off the ground. Helping Lok onto his feet, the Houndoom joked, "now, let's hope I'm right. I'd rather not get punched in face while I'm here." Nine nodded along at Gwen's point as she was talking to Jirachi. However, he didn't have much to add himself as Kayla began making her away from them, and there was no one faster among them then her. After stopping at a place that seemed both strange yet ordinary, Nine whistled simply in regards to Kayla's skills in hiding. "I don't think anyone's quite as good at hiding in plain sight as you, Kayla." After complementing the girl, Nine made his way into the house. 

Upon seeing the bodies before him, Nine couldn't help but pause, a clear shock going through him. Looking at the severely injured form of the of the girl before him, Nine's expression was one filled more with sorrow then anything else. His hands clenching into fists, the Houndoom couldn't help but go through a sense of anguish at the sight, yet this was soon turned into frustration and anger; both towards the person who had caused such harm and, though unreasonable, towards himself. It wasn't as if he had anything to do with this, nor was there anything he himself could've done to stop it. Yet, to see her here like this while he had been gallivanting around the country filled Nine with a sense of frustration he couldn't quite get over. His eyes moved over to Kayla, unable to imagine what she had to go through having had to both be around  when this happened and having to treat the woman herself. 

Next to Heather, Nine saw another, equally injured body. The woman was quite unfamiliar to Nine, though he had a fairly good idea of who it was already. As Jirachi had confirmed the Houndoom's suspicions, he didn't say anything in regards to it, and instead left the woman to look after her daughter, figuring Jirachi had to be going through a pain that he couldn't quite imagine right now. His eyes moving back to Kayla and then back to Heather, the only thing Nine managed to mutter was, "sorry I took so long." 

UNOHESy.png

"AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!"

Whatever it was Nani was dreaming about before, it was gone now. The Mimikyu shot awake as somebody suddenly screamed, glancing to and fro at her surroundings to figure out just what was so alarming. It didn't take long to find out. A quartet of rather hungry-looking gijinkas, staring at Nani and her cohorts in a way that made their intentions pretty clear. They wanted to make a meal out of this fine collection of foreigners.

Not on Nani's watch.

Without warning or hesitation, Nani made the first move, leaping forth from her crouched position into the nearest Sableye, swinging her arms at it with that distinct pink fairy glow. Only to stop just short of actually hitting the Sableye. "Sorry, but we're not all that tasty, and we sure don't plan to be eaten!" She was ready to swing at a moment's notice if any of these cannibals tried anything to harm anyone though. "You're a ghost-type too, so you have to know what happens when you eat one, right?" The tone in her voice implied that whatever it was, it was quite grim. She was making this all up, of course, but hopefully cannibalse weren't smart enough to know that.

8GrkkS0.png

Ari was glad the old aunties didn't push it. He wasn't ready to get married, and in fact, he didn't ever want to get married. It sounded yucky and stupid. The aunties talked amongst themselves about a "Great Green One" and a wedding happening at a chapel near an inn. Before leaving one of them stage whispered to the two boys. "Might want to help your friend out, she looks a bit unwell."

"Ah, and if you're looking for food they've got a fresh batch of hot Onion Soup over at the kitchen down yonder."

"Why so many flowers," Mac muttered.

Ari wasn't sure what she was talking about, but he hoped she wasn't daydreaming about getting married or anything. "Hey, snap out of it!" he shouted, staring her in the face. "What kind of leader has their head in the clouds? I'm hungry, and it sounds like they have food here."

--

m0FODxE.png

Easter wasn't able to avoid most of the bubbles, but he attempted to anyway, chuckling, "Wow, that tickled." It would be good to keep their attention on him, rather than toward the one weak link of the team. If they all converged on Dora, that would be bad, very bad. He released another wave of pink stars after getting up from his dive.

--

StUyAql.png

Keanu awoke to a shrill scream. Still, even with the scream ringing in his ears, he looked half-asleep, eyes lidded and covering a yawn. "Whazzaracket?" he mumbled, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes before noticing what seemed to be a trio of Sableye, a Pawniard, and...something. He didn't recognize the species, so it probably wasn't from Alola, but it sure looked nasty.

"You're a nasty piece of work, eh?" he sighed, before sending an angry glare at them. They disrupted his sleep, and that was the highest crime imaginable. "You try anything, and you'll be fried before you can say 'Sorry.'"

--

ETbkiW0.png

Veronica glanced at Taiga, eyes narrowed as she listened to the shark's explanation. She wasn't able to speak with her throat grabbed like it was, however as soon as she was let go she lifted herself to her feet, rubbing her sore throat.

Standing above the two, Zygarde growled once more. "Someone....started this. And you are the only ones in the area. Tell me which of you did this so that I may enact my punishment."

"Did you ever think for one second, that this might've occurred naturally?! And another thing, why would we stick around a big ol' fire, if we were the one's who set it in the first place?!  It's dryin' out my skin for Pete's sake!" Veronica turned toward Taiga at the surprisingly logical explanation. "Besides, when we got sent here in the first place, the fire was already happening!  Now stop throwin' a fit, and help us put out the fire if you're so inclined to stopping it! Scarlet, Batty, back off...maybe she'll come to her senses...If not, there's nothin' we can do but stop this fire ourselves."

The Crobat sniffed. "Doubtful. Legendaries like her look for any excuse to run wild." She glared daggers at Zygarde before shooting into the air, scarf straightening with a snap before flapping to create a gust of wind which gave the trio the feather-light feeling from before. "You seek to appease a maddened dog, to which there is no appeasing. Rather than talk, we should prepare to avoid her attacks."

5bGoK6n.png

iU8EggM.png

Randy awoke to Marie's scream as well as the others jolting up. The Incineroar grumbled a bit as he got up and glanced at what the others were worried about: a trio of Sableye, a rough Pawniard, and a hungry looking Skuntank. From the looks, these were the cannibals that were mentioned in Mowloo. With a smirk, the Incineroar stood up and growled. His eyes stared not only at the Sableyes or the Skuntank...but it was namely trained on the Pawniard.

Though the Pawniard looked rough...extremely rough. Rusted, missing an eye, with the other being extremely bloodshot...it was clear that it was a fighter...and a tough one at that. Plus, out of the entirety of that group...Pawniard would be the easier of the group to take out, just cause it was Steel.

"Sorry, but we're not all that tasty, and we sure don't plan to be eaten! You're a ghost-type too, so you have to know what happens when you eat one, right?"

"You're a nasty piece of work, eh? You try anything, and you'll be fried before you can say 'Sorry.'"

"Alright, ke kani...you guys can either walk away...or..." Randy spoke, his belt brightening up around him as he began to grin widely. "You guys can be put about six feet under. You mess with us, you'll regret it."

Kazo sighed as he realized these women, while pushy, weren't THAT pushy. So no one had to get married. Nice. The women had a few more words to say, however. "Might want to help your friend out, she looks a bit unwell... Ah, and if you're looking for food they've got a fresh batch of hot Onion Soup over at the kitchen down yonder." Kazo turned to look at Mac to see what they meant.

"Why so many flowers," Mac muttered.

"Hey, snap out of it!" he shouted, staring her in the face. "What kind of leader has their head in the clouds? I'm hungry, and it sounds like they have food here."

"Don't be too hard on her," Kazo said with a mischievous grin and chuckle. "Mac is just daydreaming about marrying someone is all," He bent down and gently flicked Mac's forehead. "I wonder who it is... Keldeo, maybe?" He finished his teasing with a wide grin and stood up. "Well, come on, let's get food," He said as he put his hands behind his head and walked off.

Denku grunted to himself as the Sharpedo hit him with an Aqua Jet, the force of the move throwing Denku back. "Son of a---," Denku cursed under his breath. He was being hit with his biggest weakness right now, and it hurt! He got back up, only to see the Sharpedo cover itself with water and dashing at Denku once more, hoping to take him down before he recovered. However, Denku wasn't going to let himself be such an easy target. 

With a puff of air pressure, Denku launched himself into the air, just over the Sharpedo. He could feel the water splashing on him as the Sharpedo zoomed by beneath him. With another blast of air pressure, Denku launched himself at the Sharpedo, tackling his opponent to the ground before the Pupitar tore off his mask. He then opened his mouth wide, biting down on the Sharpedo's shoulder with Thunder Fang.

Southshore Forest Team Showdown

While Scarlet was successful in making Zygarde letting Veronica go, she was caught by surprised when she was flipped over and slammed onto the ground. Scarlet watched as the Legend towered over her, preparing herself to take another attack.

"Someone... " However, she didn't attack. "...started this. And you are the only ones in the area. Tell me which of you did this so that I may enact my punishment." She seemed confused. Still enraged, but confused. As Scarlet slowly picked herself up, Taiga started explaining themselves, surprisingly logically. 

Scarlet nodded as Taiga told her to back off. "We don't know who did this..." She started saying, brushing herself off. "We don't know who did it." She turned to the fire. "However, I don't think that matters. We should put it out." Scarlet turned to Zygarde. "Together." Slowly, she extended a pincer at the legend.

Juyu Team Karaoke

"If ye wanna start talking why don't you explain who this broad is." Lok was starting to get nervous. 

"W-Well..." Before he could say anything, however, Nine stepped in. At first it seemed like Nine had this, and then he got grabbed by his shirt. Lok didn't know what to do; he wanted to help Nine, but he couldn't really do that without firing off a Thunderbolt at a civilian. He didn't have much time to consider before Nine was tossed onto Lok. The boy was sent tumbling onto the ground.

Nine helped Lok up shortly after. "now, let's hope I'm right. I'd rather not get punched in face while I'm here." Lok scratched the back of his neck, chuckling dryly. All things considered, that could have gone a lot worse. 

The group continued onward, no longer being hassled by the crowd, and they quickly made it to a small hut on the side of the festival ground. Inside were two bodies. One of them was Heather, the sheriff. The other one was Meloetta, who seemed to be almost dying. "What... What happened?" Lok muttered quietly, looking at the two bodies.

PVLXe6V.png?1

Brooke winced at the Sharpedo’s supersonic assault on her eardrums, but it was far from her first battle, and she was ready for the next attack. “Not today!” Flames flickered to life around her arms and legs as she charged forward, shoulder-checking the Sharpedo under the chin. The attack smashed her snapping jaws shut and launched her out of the bubble, where the water halted her momentum and she began to float toward the surface, unconscious.

The burst of adrenaline that Flame Charge always brought with it had Brooke wired. She glanced around, but everybody seemed to have their situation handled, or so she thought until Dora brought her attention to the seaweed-shrouded Dragalge floating outside the bubble.

Brooke squared her shoulders and glared at him defiantly. “What do you want?” she demanded. She had no idea why they were being attacked, but hopefully their display had shown they weren’t the easy prey.

[spoiler=Combat Info]
  • +1 SPD.
  • -1 DEF.
  • -1 ATK.

Brooke is at about 90%. Only damage she has taken is from Rough Skin.

Zygarde's head whipped between those in the clearing, back and forth, body trembling. She swatted Scarlet's pincer away from her and let out a roar. "Grroooaaaaahhhrrrrrrrr". Arrows of ground shot up and into the ground, crashing harmlessly around the group as Zygarde continued to roar.

"They are...still here." She rumbled. "We can feel it. The one who would destroy this forest. Even if it is stopped now...they will do it again. These mad beasts who want chaos and death...We will find them and tear their foul empire apart!" Her breathing was ragged as she glared at the group. Then she turned away from them and began to launch her shockwaves. Similar to those from before but less destructive. Where they struck the trees the flames began to die down. And, slowly, it seemed that the flames were dying down, ceasing their destructive path.

Team Alola, Day 23, Maybe Not Safe Cave

"You're a ghost-type too, so you have to know what happens when you eat one, right?"

The Sableye cocked its head to the side, giving Nani a strange look, as if to say "What?" And then its face split into a crooked smile, revealing a multitude of sharp, bloodstained, teeth, as it faded into the ground only to pop up behind Nani and rake its claws along her back. As it did the other two rushed towards her as well, drawing themselves in close before attacking with a Dark energy.

Facing down the Randy, the Pawniard didn't look very impressed. He merely leered at him with his one good eye before going in with his bladed arm covered in a strange chitinous armor.

The Skuntank, from behind the group, merely let loose a poisonous gas that extended around the other cannibals and crept towards the group as a whole.

"sorry I took so long."

"Don't be sorry just do better next time.....i-is what Heather would say if she was...awake." Kayla responded to Nine nervously. The girl was looking down at the floor, keeping her face turned from the others, and clutching her arm in clear discomfort at having so many in this place.

She squirmed a bit at Lok's question and didn't seem willing to answer right away. "Godslayer." She finally said. "A Lucario...came here. Fought them. Left them for dead...destroyed the city." Her gaze grew clouded, and she shivered. "He was...a demon."

"Someone like that has to be stopped." Jirachi said quietly. After a hesitation she backed up to the middle of the room. "I have been alive for many, many, years." She looked over at the group. "I was one of the first you know. I've seen this world as it was created." She looked down, a flash of shame in her expression, as she continued. "And yet I hid myself. Locked myself in my own prison to avoid the world. While the world rotted away." She turned around fully to the group and smiled warmly. "Thank you for this chance. I will make things right once more."

Turning once more to the two women on the beds she muttered. "Their injuries are far too severe for any normal means. There is but one way. As I knew there would be. Heather, from Deku, Champion of Juyu, brave warrior of justice. Meloetta, one of the youngest of the Legends. With much potential and grace. It has been a long time since I have granted a Wish. For the two of you, more worthy than I, I will give you a second chance at life."

The woman knelt down and clasped her hands together. A shimmering light surrounded her. The room darkened and twinkling lights, as though stars were falling upon them, fell from the ceiling. Only there was no ceiling, not anymore, but instead and endless stretch of shimmering lights.

Before their eyes the two woman's wounds began to vanish and life started to appear back in their faces.

But were they to look at Jirachi they'd see something strange. The woman's body was becoming transparent as they watched.

Meloetta's eyes were the first to open. Her eyelids flickered rapidly as the lights fell upon her body and, when she came to consciousness, they snapped open. She looked over at Jirachi, slowly, weakly, and croaked out. "M...mother? What are you...doing?"

"I have wronged you, my child." Jirachi said, voice wavering with emotion, as she tried to hold back tears. "I thought you could grow best on your own...and in your time of need I wasn't there for you. So I am here for you now."

"N-no." Meloetta said as she unsuccessfully tried to sit up. "You're using...that move, aren't you? You can't...not for me."

Jirachi shook her head. "Meloetta. I have lived long enough. You...and that young lady there, you are the future. And us Legends have a duty to ensure a brighter future. You know this isn't goodbye, not entirely, so do not cry for me. Just promise me, as selfish as it is for me to ask this of you, to do better than I did. To protect and lead the people. As we once did."

Mouth opening and closing, unable to speak, Meloetta managed to force out a watery "Yes...I will."

Jirachi smiled. "And then I have nothing to worry about. Meloetta, and Heather, I grant to you...this Healing Wish. Nine, Lok, Gwen. If only I could leave you an easier future. But this is not the end of your journey. The rest is up to you."

The Wishmaker then faded away entirely. And the room slowly turned back to normal.

Heather's eyes fluttered open.

Meloetta wept.

Team Mac, Day 35, Ogren

"What kind of leader has their head in the clouds? I'm hungry, and it sounds like they have food here."

Mac blinked and looked over at the boy. "My head is NOT in the clouds." She mumbled, annoyed.

Then Kazo spoke, and her face turned bright red. "NO!" She shouted. "That's gross, super gross, mega gross!" She then punched the Dragon type in the ribs and ran off towards what she assumed was the direction of the kitchen.

She was wrong.

Eventually they would find their way to the kitchen. Which was more an open picnic area than anything else. With wooden floors, of course, and a multitude of benches where people sat. The aroma of onions wafted through the air and Mac had to fight back an urge to gag.

As they walked into the area they heard a voice. Haughty and cold. "I do not understand why we have to wait." It was coming from a Glaceon girl who was stepping lightly, deftly avoiding several cracks in the wood. "I think we waited long enough for our wedding, don't you, Laura?" She spoke to the girl beside her, a nervous looking Leafeon.

Her gaze caught Mac's glare. Which, while aimed at her companions, was also in line of sight for her. And so she stomped forward and tossed her hair. "Do you have some kind of problem with me, hm? Haven't you seen a princess before?"

The Skrelp seemed to be unhappy with Easter's dodging. And even less happy with his counter attack. Looking rather battered, the group fired off at him once more. Only this time instead of Bubbles it was a wider stream of Acid that headed for the Sylveon.

Meanwhile one of the Sharpedo was down and the other was greatly injured. The Thunder Fang caused their body to shake and shudder as the electricity coursed through their body. Yet they still seemed to, if barely be conscious enough to attack once more. Twisting their body in order to attempt to Bite down on Denku himself.

“What do you want?”

"Whatever you have." Came the, distorted, voice of the Dragalge. "Not many come here. We take what we can get." Behind him they could see a group of Carvannha swimming their way. But as for the Dragalge themselves they simply launched a Sludge Bomb through the bubble and at Brooke.

Dora's head was on a swivel as she watched the match. Before finally, with a shout of "He probably doesn't even taste yummy!" Charged towards the Sharpedo biting down on Denku and shot a glob of mud at the Sharpedo.

UNOHESy.png

The Sableyes didn't respond. All they did was smile at her. Either they were onto her bluff, or were curious to find out from first hand experience. Not good! The first one snuck through the shadows, emerging behind her. She was familiar with that trick, but it didn't make her any less powerless to stop her. However, the attack merely bounced off her, as something distinctly not her seemed to fade and break down around her. Shortly after, the other two threw out attacks that Nani tried to dodge, but they'd thrown something else she wasn't ready for, and found herself struck by both of them. This was already a fight she didn't enjoy. She'd have to deal with these Sableyes, and fast.

Nani leaned back. Further, further, until her upside-down head was looking at the Sableye that had gone behind her. Her arms lit up pink, and while she did raise them briefly, she just as suddenly turned on one of her heels, throwing a pink-glowing leg instead at the Sableye, followed by both of her arms.

"NO!" She shouted. "That's gross, super gross, mega gross!" Kazo held back a laugh, trying his best not to land himself in bigger trouble than he was already in. He still received a punch into his ribs, making him fall to a knee, letting out a noise that was a mix of pain and laughter. He looked up to see her leaving, and decided it was best to follow her. 

He was wrong.

After what felt like hours, they found the kitchen. It was like an open picnic area, and the smell of onions filled the air, making Mac gag. Kazo sighed. He wasn't the biggest on onions either, but they would have to make due with what they had. However, it seemed not even five seconds into the area and they were already going to have trouble. 

"I do not understand why we have to wait." The cold voice of a Glaceon could be heard, sending a shiver down Kazo's spine. He was never fond of ice types... "I think we waited long enough for our wedding, don't you, Laura?" Well, it seemed she was gonna get married here. That was nice... sure, she was literally every bad memory Kazo had rolled into one, but it would be fine. There would be no reason why she'd come and--- "Do you have some kind of problem with me, hm? Haven't you seen a princess before?" 

WHAT WAS SHE DOING OVER HERE?! WHAT DID THEY DO, OHSHITOHSHITOH--- 

"Wh-whoa whoa whoa," Kazo said. "H-how about you take a few steps back and--- wait a minute...," Kazo then realized he wasn't standing by Ari or Mac anymore... instead, the Leafeon that the Glaceon was marrying stood by him. The danger was so ingrained into his body that it rushed itself away from the Glaceon without him noticing!? In record speed, no less... "H-hang on a moment...," Kazo muttered as he sheepishly made his way back to the kids, his face red with embarrassment. He took a spot behind Mac before taking a deep breath.

"L-Look, we don't have a-an issue with you. I-I have no clue what Mac could have done to make you mad in this record amount of time---," It usually took at least five minutes before trouble found them, so it was a record. "B-But we don't want trouble. Just... please... t-take a chill... um...," Well, he supposed a chill pill wouldn't work, would it. "J-just please calm down,"

Denku had to be slightly impressed with this Sharpedo. It took his bite, and although it was worse for wear, it managed to turn itself around to bite him back. Denku let out a hiss of pain as the fangs broke through his skin and the rough skin rubbed against him, making small cuts. He couldn't get this thing off of him... it refused to let go. 

"He probably doesn't even taste yummy!" Dora called out, shooting a glob of mud at the Sharpedo, nailing him the eyes. The gijinka loosened his bite to attempt to to wipe away the mud, which let Denku whip around and do another Thunder Fang right into the Sharpedo's side.

5bGoK6n.png

iU8EggM.png

The best the Pawniard did to Randy was simply leer at him with his good eye. He knew this tactic well. The opponent would try their absolute best to make it where their adversary would back out and lower their guard. It did usually work, but Randy kept the face to show he wasn't going down so easily...even though Leer worked.

The Incineroar stood there and watched the Pawniard rush towards him with his bladed arm covered in a chitinous armor. Unfortunately, he didn't have time to marvel at it. Right now he needed to be on the defensive. Nani was already being attacked by the Sableye trio, and holding their own. He glanced a bit at the Skuntank some, a bit worried about it...but he knew he had to focus elsewhere.

"Heh...you got some guts to go after me." Randy smirked, cracking his knuckles some. "Still, guess Solgaleo is blessin' me this time 'round." He rushed towards the Pawniard as well, already conjuring forth in front of him a fiery jaw and teeth, preparing his Fire Fang attack. "Just don't cry to me when you lose!"

8GrkkS0.png

Mac blinked and looked over at the boy. "My head is NOT in the clouds." She mumbled, annoyed.

"Could've fooled me," Ari mumbled.

"Don't be too hard on her," Kazo said with a mischievous grin and chuckle. "Mac is just daydreaming about marrying someone is all," He bent down and gently flicked Mac's forehead. "I wonder who it is... Keldeo, maybe?"

The Helioptile's face turned bright red at that for some reason. "NO!" She shouted. "That's gross, super gross, mega gross!"

Ari wrinkled his own. "Yeah, that is," he agreed. "Keldeo's a legendary, right? So he's probably suuuper duuuper old. But, hmm, he doesn't look much older than us, so maybe not." He turned to Mac. "Don't tell me you're going all grown-up and weird for him now."

Kazo finished his teasing with a wide grin and stood up. "Well, come on, let's get food," He said as he put his hands behind his head and walked off. Ari followed, shaking his head when Mac punched the dragon type in the ribs and ran off ahead of them. The two followed her...and then got lost.

Eventually they found their way to the kitchen, which was a nice open area. Everything about it was nice, to be honest. Except for the smell. Ari's nose was rather sensitive, and this was...well, he had never smelled such an overpowering onion stench.

As they walked into the area they heard a voice. Haughty and cold. "I do not understand why we have to wait." It was coming from a Glaceon girl who was stepping lightly, deftly avoiding several cracks in the wood. "I think we waited long enough for our wedding, don't you, Laura?" She spoke to the girl beside her, a nervous looking Leafeon.

The Leafeon, Laura, was about to reply, when she noticed Mac glaring at her friends. Shrinking into herself, the grass type stuttered and stammered before eventually saying nothing. However, her companion more than made up for it. The ice type stomped forward and tossed her hair. "Do you have some kind of problem with me, hm? Haven't you seen a princess before?"

"Wow, another princess!" Ari walked forward at that, ignoring her attitude. It was her right as a princess, even if it was a little rude.

"Wh-whoa whoa whoa," Kazo said, backing away into the Leafeon. "H-how about you take a few steps back and--- wait a minute... H-hang on a moment...," Kazo muttered.

The grass Eeveelution leaned away from the dragon type, looking frightened. "S-s-sorry!" she stammered. "I'm in the way. It's because I'm fat, isn't it?" she looked down, before shuffling closer to the Glaceon at the same time Kazo shuffled back to his friends.

"L-Look, we don't have a-an issue with you. I-I have no clue what Mac could have done to make you mad in this record amount of time--- B-But we don't want trouble. Just... please... t-take a chill... um... J-just please calm down."

Ari wasn't sure why Kazo was stuttering. He had faced off against Godslayers, after all. Though maybe he was just nervous around royalty? I can't remember if he was like this around Astrid either. He had been a little...zoned out during that time. "So where are you from?" he asked. "I'm from--" Wait, nobody here knows I'm a prince. For the longest time, he didn't think he was worthy of his title. He would never live up to his father. But now, he knew that wasn't true. His father was proud of him, and one day he would come back to his home as Prince Ariel. "Well, I mean, not that I am a prince or anything," he laughed nervously. "But I'm from Pride Rock." He puffed out his chest in a good imitation of his land's namesake.

"Th-that's nice," the Leafeon replied, obviously still uncomfortable with the situation. Though she seemed especially afraid of Mac, and to a lesser extent, Kazo.

--

m0FODxE.png

"Ugh, poison types," Easter groaned, attempting to avoid the stream of acid as well. He wasn't entirely successful, but his defenses were strong enough that he didn't take it as badly as he could have. After fighting against Apanie, or even Edna, these gijinka were nothing.

“What do you want?” Brooke demanded.

"Whatever you have." Came the, distorted, voice of the Dragalge. "Not many come here. We take what we can get."

Behind them, Easter noticed a group of Carvannha swimming their way. The Sylveon didn't have the time to admire the scenery, however, seeing Dora shooting a globule of mud at the still-conscious Sharpedo. He quickly inserted himself between the two in anticipation of their youngest getting targeted. Any attacks sent her way would have to get through him first, though it looked like Denku would be more than enough of a distraction with his Thunder Fang. He shot a glance at Brooke, "I've got Dora, so you just focus on your opponent," he reassured, before releasing another round of Swift stars at the Skrelp.

--

StUyAql.png

Keanu shot a nervous glance at the poisonous gas heading their way, but it didn't look like it would reach them quite yet. The Pikachu ran toward Nani. "Need help?" he asked, before jumping into the air, over the Mimikyu, and landing on a wave of water that washed over the two Sableye in the back, the ones that weren't directly fighting against Nani. The Pikachu slapped his feet on the ground soon afterward, the wave disappearing in the blink of an eye, the remaining water trickling harmlessly down the cave. "Oops, guess this place isn't so dry anymore either, eh?" he scratched his head sheepishly.

--

ETbkiW0.png

Veronica looked unhappy with the other two's decision to trust Zygarde, but she didn't move to stop them. She didn't look vindicated after the legendary still refused to give up on fighting, but she didn't look surprised either. "Of course nobody listens to me, even when I'm usually right," she grumbled before glaring up at the dragon. "The only person who wants chaos and death here is you!" she shouted, diving for Zygarde to continue attacking, fangs at the ready. "As usual, your kind refuses to give up on sowing destruction everywhere you go!"

DcxYSU0.png?1

As the others had managed to wake up, and Marie was able to make more sense of what was going on, she started catching her breath from the scream that she had made. While the others tried to talk with the cannibals, it had proved to be a fruitless effort as they went to attack the group. While Marie was very unnerved by the whole thing, she steeled herself as they made their advances. Keeping back and  away, as the others jumped forward into the action, Marie wasn't quite sure what to do here. This was answered as a Sableye came launching towards her, courtesy of Nani's attack. Marie looked at the ground where the Sableye lied, face in the ground, curious about the creature. As she inched closer to it, she stopped as the creature began to get back on its feet. Curious, she looked at it, only for the Sabeleye to look back and, with teeth bared and hunger in its eyes began moving towards the girl. 

"Eep!" Letting loose a pulse of pink energy as she yelped at the gijinka trying to walk at her and eat her, the sabeleye merely stumbled back as it was struck by yet another fairy move. 

ZzcS3Rf.png

Nine was a bit startled as he heard the blunt and  sharp voice coming from Kayla of all people, but smiled and chuckled a bit as he said, "yeah. You're probably right." His expression turned more somber, however, as the Accelgor answered Lok, the Houndoom wondering just what kind of a man this Lucario was. With the way Nine's luck had been going thus far, he had no doubt that he was going to be stronger than even Nikora, and more to the point that there was no doubt he'd inevitably run into the man himself. The boy could only help but nod as Jirachi told them he had to be stopped, wondering what other kind of destruction that man had wrought unto the world. It wasn't long, though, before Jirachi had begun to thank the group for all of their efforts in bringing her here. As she finished, a look of realization crossed Nine's face as he began to understand what was going to happen next. 

He wasn't able to keep his eyes on both Jirachi and Meloetta for long as they began speaking. His hands tightened into fists in frustration as he stood there silent. He had been the one to ask Jirachi to come here, and he had been the one to guide her through the city. And here she was, fulfilling the wish he asked of her. For all the preaching and talking Nine did to the godslayers, in the end it had been he who had lead the legend to her death. Though she likely knew this was going to happen did little to comfort the Houndoom, as he stood there powerless to keep her from sacrificing herself, nor would he be able to trade away the lives of Heather and Meloetta for her. And so, he bit his lip in frustration as tears began to form, only to look and see the legend finally fade from where they were. 

As Meloetta began to weep, Nine knew not what to say to her in this moment. He hardly knew what to say to himself. Yet, as the sheriff of Juyu's eyes fluttered open, his tense body loosened and he figured the two words he knew to say to person who was no longer among them. "Thank you." The words were quiet under his breath, whispered. Looking towards Heather, though, Nine's expression turned into that of a bittersweet smile, still happy to see the girl alive and awake once more. Though he was still mostly at a lost for words, there were a few that did escape from his mouth towards the woman. "Welcome back."

Team Alola, Day 23, Possibly Dangerous Cave

One of the Sableye had taken both a Play Rough from Nani and a Disarming Voice from Marie. He swayed back and forth, body twitching, before rushing at Marie with a high pitched shriek, body covered in dark energy, and going to slam its body into her and attempt to start chewing on her.

The other two Sableye were unable to follow through and attack Nani in her awkward position due to the wave of water that swept them off their feet and carried them away from the fight.

They glanced at each other and, growling, turned towards Keanu and both let loose a glowing orb that, if either struck Keanu, would cause Confusion to be inflicted on them.

The Pawniard didn't even flinch as the fiery fang clamped down on his shoulder. Instead he continued his attack and slashed across Randy's chest with his attack. The blade on the arm that struck grew longer as the Pawniard went to cut Randy a second time, eye staring with hatred and hunger at the Incineroar.

And the Stuntank, his gas finally reaching the group, took several steps forward, opened their mouth, and sprayed out acid towards Nani.

Team Mac, Day 35, Ogren

"I didn't DO anything." Mac said, pulling Kazo from behind her. "This girl's crazy." She muttered.

Thankfully, the Glaceon didn't seem to notice. She was instead looking at her companion. "Oh, dear, you're not fat at all. You're the perfect size. Don't let that beanpole get to you." She cast a glare at Kazo, before turning towards Ari.

The boy had completely accepted her claim and this caused the young woman to smile wide. "Well, aren't you precious." She patted the boy on top of the head. "Pride Rock, that's an, er, lovely place I'm sure." She said off-hand, glancing over at the Leafeon with an uncertain look. "But you know what, why don't you come to our wedding tomorrow, little not-prince. I'm sure we can find room."

Mac was there at Ari's side in an instant, laying a hand on his shoulder. "Ari isn't going anywhere without us. Isn't that right...right?" Mac said, shaking Ari a bit. "Who even are you?"

The Glaceon gave a tinkling laugh and put a hand on her chest. "Me? I am Elsa, princess of ice and fighter of superb power. This is my soon to be bride, Laura, and I don't think our wedding has enough room for three more people." She then muttered, as an aside, "then again those lackadaisical fools never did respond to my invitations."

The Skrelp were pummeled to the ground by the Swift attack. However they seemed to have just enough energy to get back up and rush Easter. They seemed to fade away from sight for a moment before re-emerging right in front of the Sylveon, trying to dogpile the young man with a mass Feint Attack.

The Sharpedo that Denku bit onto began to spasm uncontrolable as the electricity coursed through them. They tore themselves away from the man, despite the bleeding wound, and tried one last time to launch themselves at Denku with an Aqua Jet.

"Lemme seeeee, Easteeeeer, lemme see what's happening!" Dora said, seemingly unconcerned at the Skrelp's actions towards Easter. Looking around the pile Dora pointed over "More bullies!"

The Carvhanna had reached the bubble by then, ten of them, circling the bubble and sniffing at the blood they could smell inside of it. Seemingly growing frenzied.

Meanwhile the Dragalge's attack had struck Brooke in the chest and, growing bolder, they crept towards the bubble. Placing a hand inside said bubble the Gijinka let loose a large torrent of water towards the Emboar woman.

Dora began to run towards Brooke, turning around, sticking out her tongue at the Dragalge, and wagging her tail in an almost taunting fashion which oddly managed to lower the Gijinka's guard.

Isole rolled her eyes at the Crobat lady. "Seems pointless to me." She muttered, breathing heavily. Her ice was weakening and she barely was able to keep herself aloft as she kept the flames down, releasing all she could to weaken their blaze.

And then Veronica did something that, if Isole had any energy, would have earned her a slap at the back of the head.

Zygarde roared out as Veronica sank her fangs into her. She seemed shocked at the pain she was feeling as she reached back and grabbed onto the woman, tossing her over her body and towards the ground. Though it seemed the woman was nimble enough to keep herself from landing fully on the ground. Zygarde stared at her for a moment before shouting "YOU!" and releasing a barrage of Arrows at the woman.

Gwen stared at the spot that Jirachi had been. Just like that? Another life was snuffed out. To save two others, yes, but that the two had to be saved at all is a result of this world. Jirachi wanted them to do something about it...but what could she do? She didn't have the power. And it seemed that the only way to make a change was to use force.

The girl felt herself drifting towards the exit, the weight of this responsibility slowly weighing down on her.

Her eyes locked onto Meloetta, and she suddenly pictured a young Kirlia. Then she remembered that the girl had just lost her mother. Legend or not that was a dreadful thing. Gwen floated over to the girl's side and awkwardly put a hand on her back. "She said...it wasn't goodbye. What did she mean by that?"

Meloetta hesitated, before relaxing slightly and leaning back into Gwen's gentle touch. "We Legends...we have our way of living on. Not like most others consider it but...when beings with that much Aura pass on they leave a....piece of them behind."

Heather, at the same time, was getting up from the bed and stretching. It seemed she didn't even notice the missing armor, or pants, as she stood with just as much confidence as she normally would before Nine. "Not a face I expected to see here. And with some strangers at that. I take it...something very strange happened. Tell me, what happened to this place while I was...here."

After speaking with the group she looked towards Kayla and her stern gaze softened.Kayla fidgeted for a moment before rushing to her side and burying her head into the taller girl's chest.  "I put you through more trouble than I ever wanted. I'm sorry, it was because I underestimated my foe. This was a failure on my part, it was my fault all this happened."

"No." Came a tired, old, voice from the doorway. The former sheriff walked into the room, eyes on the spot Jirachi was, as if he could sense what had occurred. "If anything it was mine."

"Azriel." Meloetta said, her voice filled with a deep respect. "You couldn't have done anything. The Law..."

The old man shook his head. "The Law is a crutch. I could have, should have, stepped in. Regardless of what would happen..."

Gwen felt a chill through her body as she looked at this man. This man who had been, to her, not long ago just an old man who ran the singing competition and who had some knowledge of mysticism. "Who...are you, really?" Gwen said, the question coming to her lips before even her brain.

He smiled sadly at her. "You who have faced down, traveled with, and even aided Legends. To you I give my greatest secret."

A glow surrounded the man. His Aura shone brightly, almost blindingly, as he answered. "I am Azriel. Disciple of Arceus."

pl37ikL.jpg?1

oe3ZVDT.png

Team Showdown - Southshore Forest

It all seemed to be winding down, and the whole group would finally quell the rising fires that were steadily dying down.  But Zygarde was still peeved about finding the one who started it.  Taiga, still shooting her geyser at the flames, struggled to come up with the proper phrasing for what she wanted to say.  

"Listen, we can find whoever done it, 'soon as we get the fire all the way gone!"  

"Of course nobody listens to me, even when I'm usually right,"

"I don't listen to strangers!"  Taiga roared back towards her. 

"The only person who wants chaos and death here is you!  As usual, your kind refuses to give up on sowing destruction everywhere you go!"

Taiga looked back in rage, as the comment could only mean one thing.  This chick was still one the offensive.  

"YOU!"

The attack connected, but Zygarde was now angrier than ever.  But the thing was, this time, Taiga was just as pissed.  She turned her hose from the fires straight towards the Crobat.  To add a little oomph to the attack, Taiga bent over to chomp on the water with her icy jaws, creating a chunk of ice that would be propelled through the geyser. 

"You're even dumber than you look!"  Taiga commented, as the attack made its way towards its target.  

8GrkkS0.png

The Leafeon blushed and looked down at her companion's words. "R-really? You're so nice, Elsa. But you don't have to say it, I know I'm fat," she whispered the last sentence.

"Well, aren't you precious," the Glaceon patted Ari on the top of the head. "Pride Rock, that's an, er, lovely place I'm sure." She said off-hand, glancing over at the Leafeon with an uncertain look. "But you know what, why don't you come to our wedding tomorrow, little not-prince. I'm sure we can find room."

"Y-yes, that's fine," the grass type stuttered, leaning into Elsa shyly.

"Yeah, it's amazing! And huh? You two are getting married?" Ari stared between the two girls quizzically, before gasping as a thought struck. "Oh, oh, oh! I think I heard about this kind of thing. It's like...with Juyu, right?"

Before he could say more, Mac was there at Ari's side, laying a hand on his shoulder. "Ari isn't going anywhere without us. Isn't that right...right?" Mac said, shaking Ari a bit. "Who even are you?"

The Glaceon gave a tinkling laugh and put a hand on her chest. "Me? I am Elsa, princess of ice and fighter of superb power. This is my soon to be bride, Laura, and I don't think our wedding has enough room for three more people." She then muttered, as an aside, "then again those lackadaisical fools never did respond to my invitations."

"N-nice to meet you," Laura greeted, lifting her head slightly, but not high enough to look anybody in the eye.

Ari wasn't sure what "lackadaisical" meant, but it probably didn't mean anything good, by the ice princess's tone. "Yeah, nice to meet you! I'm Ari, this is Kazo, and that's Mac," his voice grew even more enthusiastic as he introduced the Gabite, then less so as he introduced the Helioptile. "And, if they don't come, then we'd be happy to!" he wasn't too thrilled with the idea of a wedding, but maybe this would be different since she was a princess and all. Plus he just wanted to talk to her more. She was pretty, and a princess.

--

m0FODxE.png

"Lemme seeeee, Easteeeeer, lemme see what's happening!" Easter could hear Dora's voice through the mass dogpile of Skrelp gijinka. "More bullies!"

"Yes, more bullies," came the Sylveon's muffled voice underneath the pile. Along with a wave of pink stars that didn't have very far to go at all to hit their targets. Picking himself out of the pile, the fairy type glanced at the rest of the fight with some concern. It looked like both Denku and Brooke were being attacked. The concern turned into agitation when Dora ran toward Brooke, sticking out her tongue at the Dragalge, and wagging her tail in an almost taunting fashion.

"Dora, no!" Easter cried, throwing himself between the Wooper and the Dragalge, glaring at the enemy. If they even so much as tried anything...well, Brooke would be furious, but so would he.

--

StUyAql.png

Keanu managed to evade one of the glowing orbs thrown at him, but did not manage to evade the second one. Eyes going dizzy, he stared at the two gijinka in front of him, brows knitting. "Why are there...four o' ya?" he mumbled. Shaking his head, eyes clearing for a second, he threw himself forward, releasing an electro ball that managed to hit one of the Sableye.

--

ETbkiW0.png

Veronica avoided the arrows with her wind-enhanced speed, but she did not expect Taiga's attack. While she managed to avoid the water, she did not avoid the ice, and glared at the shark woman before letting out a huff. "I should have known you wouldn't understand. You were foolish enough to trust not just one, but two of them after all." The woman took to the air at that point, gaining both altitude and speed as she dove straight up.

UNOHESy.png

"Need help?"

And then, Keanu's water attack - while doing no favors for the dry state of the cave - swept away two of the Sableye. "Appreciated." That gave Nani a bit of extra breathing room. Speaking of breathing... a cloud of poison gas from that Skuntank was coming in. Not good. Even worse, the Skuntank was spitting acid at Nani of all people! Either her bluff almost worked earlier, or they saw her as more of a threat than the mass of muscle that was Randy. She wasn't sure if she should feel flattered or not with the notion of the latter. The only up side was that while she definitely felt the sting from the Skuntank's acid (plus the pain of a poisonous gas filling her lungs), the hood of her costume was keeping it from impacting and melting off her face. While it was only the general area around one of her eyes, she could tell.

At least for Nani, there was more than just her life on the line right now. There was also everyone else's mental well-being if they wound up seeing her face in its entirety.

As much as she wanted to turn and wail on the Skuntank right now, she had bigger priorities. Marie was still at the back of the cave, and the Sableye she'd hit earlier - he wasn't looking too good, thankfully, was lunging at her. Not on Nani's watch! The Mimikyu similarly leapt - though it more resembled a pounce - at the the Sableye, sleeve ends alight and ready to once again bring down pretty pink judgment on the cannibal. And then she'd still have the others to deal with.

"Marie, we're getting out of this cave," she coughed. "Hold your breath and move quickly." Nani would definitely be able to handle a bit of poison, but the sooner she was out of here, the better.

5bGoK6n.png

iU8EggM.png

A small smirk of pride reached across Randy's face, seeing the Pawniard getting struck by his Fire Fang, though he was surprised that the gijinka didn't even flinch at this. "Heh...hell of a spry and tough guy..." he chuckled, prepared to strike again, but only saw that he kept going with his attack, striking at his chest. "Tch...determined little runt."

However, now the Incineroar's eyes were drawn to the Pawniard's arm blade, seeing it grow longer. Not only this, the eyes he glared with definitely showed a fierce hatred and hunger. Randy backed away in a quick fashion, preparing to strike back. Though he also saw that the Skuntank was advancing and even using Acid on Nani. While it seemed they had things under control, it seemed that things weren't looking too good.

"Marie, we're getting out of this cave. Hold your breath and move quickly."

Hold her bre-... Randy then remembered the poisonous gas that the Skuntank more or less belched out earlier. He wanted to face-palm right there, not remembering this quicker. Nani had a good point, the sooner they got out of this cave and the poisonous gas, it would be better.

"Keanu! E hele kāua!" he said quickly, getting the Pikachu's attention, doing his best to usher him in the direction Nani and Marie went. At the same time, he brought up the rear and quickly fired off a Fire Blast towards the cannibals. "That oughta buy us some time. Get moving!!"

"I didn't DO anything." Mac said, pulling Kazo from behind her. "This girl's crazy." She muttered.

"So she's most women, gotcha...," Kazo muttered before he heard the Leafeon seemied to think he thought she was fat. "Wh-what? N-no, you're not f-fat! N-nothing I said meant...," Kazo sighed, realizing this was probably a fruitless effort. At least the Glaceon wasn't focusing on him... 

"Oh, dear, you're not fat at all. You're the perfect size. Don't let that beanpole get to you." She cast a glare at Kazo, before turning towards Ari.

"Beanpole. Clever. Haven't heard that one before," Kazo said with halfhearted sarcasm. Ari mentioned he was from Pride Rock, which made Kazo scratch his chin. Maybe Ari was so good with royalty because he rubbed elbows with them all the time back home? That must be it. The Glaceon then said something... alarming...

"But you know what, why don't you come to our wedding tomorrow, little not-prince. I'm sure we can find room."

"Ari isn't going anywhere without us. Isn't that right...right?" Mac said, shaking Ari a bit. "Who even are you?"

"Me? I am Elsa, princess of ice and fighter of superb power. This is my soon to be bride, Laura, and I don't think our wedding has enough room for three more people. Then again those lackadaisical fools never did respond to my invitations."

"Yeah, nice to meet you! I'm Ari, this is Kazo, and that's Mac. And, if they don't come, then we'd be happy to!"

"Wh-whoa, whoa, whoa, hang on a second," Kazo walked over to Mac and Ari. "Please excuse us for a moment," Kazo picked the two up in his arms and quickly moved away from the soon to be married couple before placing his travelling buddies back on the ground, bending over so he was closer to them. "Quick group huddle here... okay, so, are we really going to this wedding?" He looked over his shoulder at the couple in question before turning his attention back to the kids. "I know for a fact I don't have the clothes for it, nor do I really wanna go. Besides, I don't think they'd like me there anyways. Do you guys really wanna go though?"

Denku grunted as he watched the Sharpedo tear away from him, and go for one final Aqua Jet. Denku clenched his fist. dashing forward to met the Aqua Jet, throwing out a fist of Dark Pulse to smash right into his opponent's face.

DcxYSU0.png?1

With the Sableye getting ready to charge in on Marie, the girl quickly backed herself away from the creature, not wanting to be chomped down on. However, just as it lunged, a pink light passed by as the sleeves of the mimikyu struck the cannibal. An audible noise could be heard as the strike connected, and Marie was certainly she saw a tooth or two fly out of the Sableye's mouth as it was sent flying to the cavern floor. A bit stunned at first, Marie quickly nodded to the Mimikyu's statement as she saw the poison cloud start to come in towards them. Beginning to move out, it had seemed that one of the Sabeleye's had recovered from the wave of water that struck it. Seeing the two gijinka retreating, with a small groan and  hiss the Sableye melted into the shadows. 

Cutting off their retreat, the creature jumped out from the darkness with fangs bared. Backing up and raising her arm instinctively, Marie let out a sharp, "ow!" as the ghostly infused teeth of the Sableye pierced her arm. Her shout was more than just noise, however, as a pink pulse of energy came out from it striking the Sableye, making it shout in pain and let go of Marie's arm. Before it could recover, Marie let out another pulse of energy, striking the cannibal in the chest and causing it to stumble further back, dizzily swaying about. 

ZzcS3Rf.png

Nine smiled as Heather seemed to wake up properly, merely responding with, "well, you know me. I like to keep things interesting each visit." As the woman got up properly, Nine explained to Heather all that had happened, to the best of his knowledge in regards to both Juyu and the quest to find Jirachi. When all was said and done, Heather seemed to come to an understanding and went to properly comfort Kayla. Smiling as he left the two to their devices, he looked to see that Azriel had joined their gathering and as he did so, he revealed to them something Nine almost couldn't fathom.

As the aura washed over, Nine shield his eyes as it seemed almost blinding to look at the man. Once he was able to look at him more properly, though, he couldn't help but feel the overwhelming presence and pressure from the man, causing his wincing expression to turn into one of awe as he almost seemed in awe in the presence of the Disciple of Arceus. Looking at the old and wizened man, slack-jawed, Nine couldn't help but utter a singular word towards him. "Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuh?!"

Azriel stood quietly, and patiently, as Nine tried to come to terms with his shock. Doing so poorly, he seemed to be lost both in his own thoughts and looking back to the man. "So wait, you're - you've been - so all this time - man I always thought the person just vanished into the mountains or something but to think -" he turned to Kayla. "Man I can see where you learned to hide." Thinking about what he had just said, Nine turned back  to Azriel. "Sorry, I didn't mean that as an insult. Was it an insult? Sorry?"

"I take no insult. And in a sense you are correct. Perhaps not actual mountains but mountains nonetheless. I hid myself here, just like many of the Legends did, for many years."

Nodding his head quickly he said, "makes sense, yeah. Yeah. Hm." After trying to come to terms with the identity of the person before him, he started, "so you're Arceus's disciple so-" though waved his hand as if to dismiss the thought. It was both a boring question and one that Nine figured Azriel either wouldn't or couldn't answer it either way. Switching gears he instead said, "nevermind. So, what is this Law thing you're both talking about?"

"It's simple, really." Azriel said. "I have been granted many great powers. Including immortality. However, I can only maintain my form if I remain neutral. The Law of Arceus is to not intervene with the world. Great power can change the world in drastic ways."

"Oh, huh..." The Houndoom scratched his chin before saying, "so, is it just an Arceus thing?"

He nodded. "Only for the greatest power."

"Sounds..." his voice trailed off as he thought of the statement. While he contemplated the effects of Arceus's power, Nine looked to the disciple before him, looking him up and down, as if trying to figure something out about him.  "Do you know Kushiel? Are you...older than him?"

A wry smile appeared on his lips. "I do, I am. We three were the oldest by far. For a time it was just us. That was long ago."

Nine gave a nervous smile back at the response, though this swiftly changed back to curiosity as something had caught his attention. "Three?" The question was met with Azriel merely shaking his head, not answering any further. As he tried to process all the information he had just gotten, he tried to mull over what he could possibly ask this legendary figure before him, before landing on something simple.  "So what comes next for you? Now that you're all, out in the open?"

While Azriel seemed pensive, mulling the answer over, Meloetta had cut in to answer for him. "You cannot do anything. If you do, your body, it won't last long." The disciple merely seemed to give another wry smile at this comment. 

Nine seemed to better understand the price that came with his power, though didn't say any more on that. Instead, he looked directly at Azriel. "Well, if that's the case, I suppose I have one more question for you. A bit selfish. But last time we spoke you were fearful to tell me where Jirachi was because you thought I'd end up like...someone who came to you years ago. What do you think now?"

"I think that there may be hope for the future of our land."

Stunned by the comment the man made, eyes widening and seeming to water a bit as he himself was choked up, he merely bowed to the man letting out a hasty, "thank you!"

Archived