Blazing Beasts Archetype

xXx_Billy_xXx

Hey, everyone! I just created a new archetype based off my favorite deck to play, Fire Fists. I also made a hand trap and some splashable spells. I will probably change effects and how the deck plays so that it is more unique in the future, but for now I will leave it for your viewing pleasure. Edit: I changed card effects and added more cards to the archetype so that it is more unique when compared to Fire Fists. Soon I will add a few more extra deck monsters and perhaps a few more spells. I will upload the final versions of all the cards to duelportal soon. Thanks for the interest!

Monsters

b3eszNB.jpg

SOdvSbo.jpg

i59xW7Q.jpg

8oC6fjc.jpg

heht9k0.jpg

Spells

ZPTRUPP.jpg

ZbfioQC.jpg

sUjCYhR.jpg

xRygDAA.jpg

kWXKDrr.jpg

Trap

p1zKO1m.jpg

XGWiovb.jpg

gtvm7bT.jpg

vwpV4hU.jpg

Synchro

LAKaZa7.jpg

njZrLSQ.jpg

XYZ

66PGT89.jpg

Ooh! Awesome archetype man! They really are reminiscent to Fire Fists: you even have your own Tenki / Bear combo there with Cardinal, and the card art you have is phenomenal! Keep up the great work!

That being said, there are a few things you need to change to make this deck a little bit more realistic.

For one, Rat Escape should say "shuffle that monster into the deck" instead of "send that monster back into the deck" because when you say it like that, they could put it anywhere in the deck, even on the top/bottom of the deck, depending on whether or not they want a dead draw. Just some card text issues there, nothing big.

Next up is Throne of the Beast King. This needs a quick but very important fix: you need to add "only" after can. It SHOULD say "You can only use following effects once per turn:", simply so it doesn't sound awkward and it flows with the OCG. Again, simple card text issues.

Now, about Dimension Bending Arrow: this needs to be edited BAD. It's essentially a Dark Core w/o the cost. Which means it's essentially pointless to have, since a card that insta-banishes a card without a cost doesn't currently exist (to my knowledge) in the game. Really, I'd make the card a little more original, in that you have to discard a Blazing Beast Spell/Trap, or Monster Card in order to activate it, and when you do, you can deal damage equal to the Attack of the monster banished.

Redone Card text:

Target one Monster your opponent controls: discard one Blazing Beast monster from your hand and banish that Monster, then, deal damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to the banished monster's Attack Points. You can only use one Dimension Bending Arrow once per turn.

As for the XYZ Monster of the deck: you should make the text say that you can't Summon that monster, or play cards that have that monster's name in them, kind of like how Fusion Conscription works. That way, you can still play Blazing Beast cards, just not that card and any cards related to it. Simple card text issues.

For the Synchro Monster, you don't have to, but I'd recommend you either make it so the card summoned by this effect can't attack or that it has to be a non-tuner, just so you don't summon this card then go for some more Synchro shenanigans. Simple card text issues, but, you don't have to take this suggestion seriously. All others I put down here, you should.

Well, for my opinion the spell cards should be changed from continuous into normal spell card, like "Blazing Beast-Erupting Birth" and "Blazing Beast-Erupting Birth" because the effect only activates when it is first activated, and not once per turn (e.g the preceding turns), and the continuous effect provides only a small boost. My suggestion is to change these into quick play spell cards or make the effect once per turn

@Required Information - Well, as the man said, these cards are based off of Fire Fist cards, which means the cards we see now are reminiscent of real cards in the game. For example, Fire Birth = Fire Formation - Tenki. Plus, without them being continuous, Cardinal wouldn't have a target for its effect, making it essentially a vanilla card. Those changes are very unneeded.

Archived